Author Thread: Look up the meaning of the word choice
 robin-hood
Msg: 139 (view)

Look up the meaning of the word choice
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:52:28 AM
Viper your a sick man !
 robin-hood
Msg: 5174 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:01:02 AM
GTO, you keep going back to Carriers Deal, but nothing is absolute. Read the conditions of the $7 million tax break, it has conditions attached, and spans 10 years. These things were done in good faith, and Trump as least made a good try. There are still a good deal of those saved jobs remaining.

One other grip. Your president's name is Trump, like him or not, he deserves the respect of the office.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/indiana-reportedly-gave-utx-7-million-in-tax-breaks-to-keep-carrier-jobs-in-state.html
 robin-hood
Msg: 8 (view)

attn: ReverendSwine, HawkingJr, + others || Florida
Posted: 4/23/2018 1:17:20 PM
Was gone to recommend Asheville, NC. Brother has lived very near Tampa, FL for over 25 years. Hot in summer, and also humid. There is a rainy season, but his 1st exposure to hurricane was last year. In fact it passed over him as a tropical storm, and thats because it traveled over land and lost its punch. You can't have it all. If you live on FL Atlantic side near the ocean, you get a nice breeze, but you have salt and corrosion, and its hard on metals.

I've lived in Southern California 35 yrs and way to crowded now, and have been thinking of places near Asheville, but will pick somewhere to alight during my RV journey next year. Out here in California we have many from Canada (Snowbirds) during their winter month's camping out in RV's near surrounding Palm Spring area.
 robin-hood
Msg: 143 (view)

How do you define Athletic?
Posted: 11/30/2017 11:28:25 PM
Athletic means your in shape to participate most physical events. Such as a good hike, good lengthy swim, try out most sports that require some strength and endurance. If your overweight and out of shape your not gone to do well, and definitely the following day your not gone to be up to another physical event, and in many cases not even make it out of bed.
 robin-hood
Msg: 7 (view)

2 interviews scheduled (1 tomorrow, the one I really want next week.) Should I cancel? What to do?
Posted: 5/30/2013 1:45:37 AM
Nurses are in big demand. Good nurses are in greater demand. Take both interviews. Its expected in many cases, to do whats best for you. Years ago when things were better I had four or five interviews out of college.

Sometimes when you are polite and not show to much excitement, many non-union hospitals will sweeten the pot. They shouldn't be expecting you to make up your mind on the spot anyway.

By the way good luck :)
 robin-hood
Msg: 14 (view)

Transmission?
Posted: 5/26/2013 2:54:40 PM
Manual is the best way to go, unless you spend a great deal of traveling in stop and go traffic, like many of the LA Freeways. Came out here with a 4 speed 4x4 with granny gear, but had automatics since. With exception of motorcycles, where you only slow down and slip between lanes.
 robin-hood
Msg: 12 (view)

Putting dogs down after they attack other pets.
Posted: 5/25/2013 12:18:12 PM
If it went quiet ! I would never never tolerate habitual barking from any neighbors dog. Its just plan bad manners to let your dog bark and expect anyone else to tolerate it. One way to solve that is if the dog keeps you up, then knock on your neighbors door between 1AM and 3AM in the morning. Pound on the door till they answer, and remind them you will be back shortly if its still barking. Second time call the police and tell them where you are going in case there may be problems. Many times they will meet you at the door.

As for the dog breaking into your yard, well I would expect the dog to be removed especially if it happened twice. I would kindly remind them that if after the fact you caught it on your property again you would shoot it.

Its not hard to build a small 10 x 10 kennel enclosure, with partial concrete perimeter.
 robin-hood
Msg: 24 (view)

Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to?
Posted: 5/11/2013 8:50:26 PM
Thought this might be a good place to post this. Has anyone noticed they are no longer displaying the "Do you smoke" answer in the profiles. Wonder why, as this is as important as do you drink question.

But then again wonder how many are truthful when answering questions regarding their profile.
 robin-hood

The job market
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:54:24 PM
import from uk

I wouldn't quit a job unless I had secured another one. Too big a risk for my liking. But, that's just me.

Your profile says self-employed. This involves self risk, unless your self-employment is a job.
 robin-hood
Msg: 9 (view)

First college experiences.
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:03:00 AM
12 credits in quarter system is full load, where trimester system is not.
 robin-hood
Msg: 210 (view)

Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:17:33 PM
Happy birthday Mae flowers !
 robin-hood
Msg: 42 (view)

I found out today that my ex wife of 8 months signed my signiture on a refund check
Posted: 12/15/2012 12:53:04 PM

If all she did was deposit the cheque into an account it has all the bearing, as no crime was committed.

The bet still stands. Offer is two to one on $50.00. I will not welch if I lose, but then again I'm that confident.
 robin-hood
Msg: 33 (view)

I found out today that my ex wife of 8 months signed my signiture on a refund check
Posted: 12/15/2012 10:35:55 AM
Aristotle

You have no clue. All the points you mentioned have no bearing. The bank made know she signed his name to a check or refund. Doing this after a divorce is a criminal offense in the USA, and I will give you two to one odds for $50.00 it is in Canada.
As for the children, they don't need to know about the proceedings. I bet she didn't tell them she signed dads name and took his money.
 robin-hood
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2012 10:11:58 AM
Sweetest,

I really have to disagree with you. You don’t steal from anyone, even if it is your ex. What will happen she will be served with papers to make restitution for 1/2 the funds and it will be dismissed when payment is made. As for behaving as an adult, I’ve seen both sides male and female poison the minds of their own children to get even at their ex spouse. Some cases, where they daily make disparaging comments about dad or mother. Its wrong, and if you really want to be a true friend they need to be reminded about the remarks or part company, but surely not reinforce bad behavior.
 robin-hood
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2012 9:13:58 AM
Signing your name to anything after a divorce is forgery, a felony offense in all 50 states. Signing your name to anything while married is iffy. Although if she did it for self monetary gain, without benefiting both parties, she could still be prosecuted. Only problem is finding a DA with enough time or want to prosecute, and also the end of the marriage.

One of the posters comments about hurting the children. Is it better they have a thief for a mother?
 robin-hood

Car accident.......when you know you're right.
Posted: 12/8/2012 10:20:36 AM
I also think it was a scam. Unless she called her boyfriend number directly, then what are the chances of all the police on duty would he happen to respond.

In fact go the the police and file a report, including her curt comments "he is my boy friend". By many standards he should have called an unbiased policeman.
 robin-hood
Msg: 3 (view)

My rear vision mirror fell off. Lol.
Posted: 11/13/2012 8:21:45 PM
On the mirror arm there is a little bracket with a set screw. Probably need a small allen wrench. Loosen and slide it off. At any decent auto store go buy a small tube of glue for this purpose. Follow the instructions. Don't slide the mirror into bracket until glue has set up. Allow proper time or mirror will come off again.
 robin-hood
Msg: 76 (view)

The Frankenstorm
Posted: 11/2/2012 4:12:12 PM
Here is one source.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery
 robin-hood
Msg: 14 (view)

tax site / way to enter tax info online
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:14:17 AM
Robin was thinking she was just trying to get a handle on her taxes, as pertains to certain forms. Wasn't thinking of filing taxes using those forms. But still, 2011 should be current as of now, since I don't think the IRS has released any revisions for tax year 2012 so far.

The reason 2011 turbotax is so cheap is because its last years tax forms, and will print the tax year 2011 on the forms.

I don't fill out any tax information on line, or use a site that could possibly use that information for their own purpose. In fact, I don't file electronically and mail my returns in.

Turbo tax still allows you to fill the forms out directly, but there are still some work sheets. Nice thing about using turbotax is you can play what if scenarios, store your info and play another day. Comes in handy when also filing California income taxes.

As for taxes in general, if you just have a W2 form, and maybe file a schedule E, it can be filled out by hand, but the IRS does provide forms in PDF format which information can be entered with a keyboard. As for being able to save the PDF with your information attached, or if the forms can do math I never tried.

bucsgirl > Read many of your posts throughout. Very impressive !
 robin-hood
Msg: 9 (view)

tax site / way to enter tax info online
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:08:51 PM
Use last years turbotax. Taxes don't change that much from year to year. The deluxe version is what I use and you can download your state income tax. Did a search on ebay and 1st one $12.00 + free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=turbo+tax+2011

Hope I didn't break any rules here
 robin-hood
Msg: 23 (view)

What is the diference between Healthy and Fitness people.
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:15:32 PM
Msg #31

Its a little more than that. Most injuries and pain from over doing it comes from lack of controlled exercise. All of us get involved with activities that our bodies are not normally used to. Picnic sports, maybe a day of water skiing, working at something we don't do often. Exercise also extends are range of motion. I'm not saying everyone should be able to do a split, but keeping limber is a big plus.

That's why we need to over do it a few times a week (exercise), under controlled conditions. This way our bodies can rise to the special circumstances. Even at that, there will be times we still over do it, but the healing time will be greatly reduced.
 robin-hood
Msg: 36 (view)

Multivitamin advice
Posted: 9/30/2012 10:13:21 AM
Interesting topic. For those wanting to research more a few references.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=22771

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin

Many of the processed cereals, milk, and many packaged foods add vitamins and minerals to the mix.
 robin-hood

Water leak issue
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:11:42 PM
Msg #14,

After looking where OP is from, thats a freeze area and they locate the water meters in the basement area. There is a shut off in the street, but for his area its about 3 to 4 ft below grade. The tool for this requires a tee wrench about 5 to 6-ft long with square socket, probably 3/4 to 1-inch ID. Its just not in every ones toolbox :)
 robin-hood
Msg: 10 (view)

Water leak issue
Posted: 9/23/2012 1:23:21 PM
Go out to your water meters. Pull the larger concrete cover off. You will need a wrench or adjustable wrench and a large screw driver to insert in the hole at other end of adjustable wrench.

There is rectangular knob at top of shut of valve just in front of the water meter on the street side. To turn your water, or your neighbors water off this rectangular knob will be at right angle to pipe. Its only a 1/4 turn from off to on.

Here is a good check to see where the water is coming from. If they are older meters there is a indicator that turns like a clock. For the amount of water your talking about, you should be able to see the meter dial moving.

I would turn your neighbors meter off and do him a favor. There is a good chance he has a broken fitting and his side is already flooded.
 robin-hood
Msg: 16 (view)

Truck buying advice
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:22:39 PM
For a light truck, buy a Toyota Tacoma. You won't be sorry. The 4-cyl got some zip, but the 6-cyl holds its value better.
Ive had the Ford 150 when it was a true 1/2 ton 4-WD with granny gear, transfer case, and hub lock outs. The interior fell apart in 8-yrs. I now have a 2006 chevy duramax extended cab 8-ft bed (bought used) in 2009, but would have bought toyota if I needed a light duty truck.

Getting that extra space in the back is great, so I don't need to keep moving my whatever stuff.
 robin-hood

POF is deleting my replies before I can send them
Posted: 7/31/2012 9:16:17 PM
Just so you don't lose your 15 minutes of composing. Highlight it all, right click and copy. As added measure I have open notepad and paste into. POF is not the only place to loose your written words.

In fact if you have outlook, word, or other software with a good spell checker installed, compose it there. then copy and paste into your reply.
 robin-hood

can't get to POF anymore !
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:46:43 PM

Those numbers belong to Road Runner, a division of Time Warner. Your provider is responsible to solve your problem of not hooking up. There exists free tracing software ( path of packet). But I would just tell them to solve the problem. This has happened to me from time to time, not with POF, when Comcast was my provider.
 robin-hood

I need help with forums
Posted: 7/29/2012 3:53:48 PM
Just book mark one of your posts. Then click your aka above your picture. Screen pops up. At upper left corner click on HERE for your most recent 25 posts, or any body's post.
 robin-hood

sally ride first lesbian in space
Posted: 7/25/2012 7:11:17 AM
OP's post was no different from what California is teaching in schools. They have introduced accomplishments linked to the fact they are gay or lesbian. This has also been done with ethnicity as in black history, or latino history. I see many of the replies here are in disagreement with whats being taught in California schools.

As for Sally, sorry to hear she died so young. I still have this image of her boarding the space shuttle.

Added this little link of Sally with NASA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wojiv4AhD4g
 robin-hood
Msg: 24 (view)

Why is the min wage so low in the US??
Posted: 7/24/2012 6:46:29 AM
Star Maiden,

The profession listed on your profile, is this the current or past ?
 robin-hood

Plagerizing on Profiles
Posted: 7/22/2012 11:55:41 PM
OP
You were right. When you called him on it and he denied it tells you something about his character. Others posting here are little to permissive.

My kitchen window has a great view of three way stop sign in residential area. You would be surprised at the diversity and number of people who run that sign at 10+ mph when no one is looking.
 robin-hood
Msg: 96 (view)

Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead
Posted: 7/21/2012 8:37:27 AM
Jeep Girl,

Thanks for that post. Whether by accident, negligence, or on purpose such tragedies bring grief to those it closely affects. To all the rest a platform to babble from.
 robin-hood
Msg: 81 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:17:14 AM
Regards Aristotle post #20

Actually the government reporting fiscal year then was on 9/20 of every year. When Bush took office on Jan,20,2001 the debt was somewhere between 09/30/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86 and 09/30/2001 5,807,463,412,200.06. To be fair I will use the lower number 5.67T dollars.

When Obama took office on Jan, 20, 2009 the debt was 10,626,877,048,913.08, and Obama has been in office 3 years 7 months. The debt reported on 7/12/2012 is 15,871,512,181,712.20.

So for Bush serving 8 years the debt went up 87 %, so you are very correct using 85%.

For Obama the debt went up by 49% over 3 years and 7 months. If Obama were to serve 8 years and spend at same rate the public debt would be about 22 trillion on Jan 20, 2017 or a 132% increase in 8 years.

I don't think it matters who is in the white house, when the federal government max's out its credit card, USA paper money will be worthless. Just to give you a handle on 20T at 1% interest rate is 200 billion/yr. If the Federal Reserve even thought of raising interest rates say to 3% thats 600 billion a year just in interest.

Personally I wish our federal government (both parties and both houses) would butt out of Olympic businesses and tend to their own.
 robin-hood
Msg: 71 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:29:56 PM
Post #85

You might want to do some research on that reply ?
 robin-hood
Msg: 43 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/9/2012 8:32:00 AM
msg#56

Take your history back to WW2 and Vietnam. After the war the French were not in charge, but wanted Vietnam back. Read about USA involvement with Vietnam from WW2. In the end these people had a right to what they fought for, and today its so.

As personal comment, nothing is new under the sun. All countries since beginning of time have made deals to advance their own, even if it meant misfortune and death to others.
 robin-hood
Msg: 41 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/8/2012 11:44:57 PM
Msg 54

Read a little about why silver certificates were taken out of circulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Certificate

And Kennedy started the movement of Military advisers into Vietnam. You see the USA didn't honor the part of armistice calling for elections agreed upon when the Vietnamese kicked France out. You see America was paraniod about the spread of Communism.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/kennedy_vietnam.htm
 robin-hood
Msg: 71 (view)

age, appearance and what you think
Posted: 7/4/2012 4:31:02 PM
Well I'm going on 65 and look my age, maybe older. But I'm not thinking of retirement home any time soon. I usually get things done, maybe it takes a little longer. What I do notice is my batteries need recharged more often.

I keep in good shape working mostly cardio, trying to stay healthy. I want to live a full life while I'm living.

PS My photo is a little dated, but representative.
 robin-hood
Msg: 20 (view)

This extreame heat
Posted: 7/4/2012 3:48:18 PM
Molly

Your wrong. Evap coolers work great except when the humidity is up, but even then they send air into home 20-F cooler than outside temperatures. I've been using one for 12 years and A/C has not been turned on since. They need to be sized and installed correctly. My electric bills are very cheap by comparison.

As for the rest of the nation I feel compassion, but where I live has been the best weather in many years. Right now at 3:30 its 80-F outside and dry, usually at this time of year its 90 to 105-F.

I was born and raised in Eastern USA, and never had home A/C. Left for west coast when I was around 30.
 robin-hood

downloading to outlook express
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:47:30 AM
Yes Larry, I think the idea of leaving email on the server, at least till you have a copy downloaded is good. But the OP didn't want that option. On my domain I can do either, but just prefer POP, and delete off server. What OP wanted was just to have it deleted also. I just gave her a method to select the trash all at one time. If your not at your computer, one can find it convenient to just read your email remotely with out using POP. On my domain I have some filters just dump email from some domains names or using regex on headers and selected words.

As for your advice I totally agree. If you get an email from your bank that looks official call them, or just log on as you usually do, but don't use links in your email. This goes also with email from people you know with subjects not normal for the person.

As for passwords I keep them in Keepass portable, but that may not be safe in near future with some low end vector computers. Guess will need 512 bit encryption by then.

If one can afford it, buy a 2nd computer for around $400 with Win 7 installed, and only use it for your finance and personal business. Even at that password protect administrator, and log in as guest.
 robin-hood
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/2/2012 9:14:27 AM
Ok, I see others are trying to accomplish the same thing. Instead of replying to POP delete, gmail moves them to trash. The auto delete trash 30 day value is fixed.

This could probably be handled with java scripting, but doesn't seem to much effort to empty trash. I just tried the keyboard shift in the trash folder and it works. You may already know this, but if not just select 1st email in trash and then go to end of emails, but select last one holding the shit key. All will be auto selected.

I don't think other software will be able to download and delete on gmail, as its the way google set up its email software.

You may want to set up 2nd account at gmail, thats used strictly for business. I do that myself, but I have my own hosted domain.

As for your finance hacking. Some advice, use a strong password. A length of at least 18 characters. You can combine words and numbers with + = to form it. Sometime a list of old pet names or their names with maybe old street address where you grew up, or school mascot. But you get the picture.
 robin-hood

Overpopulation Alarmism - Which Daughter should live?
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:19:42 AM
Around the war of 1812, they had muskets and canon. Not very refined canons, just point then the general direction. No trains, boats still had sails, the horse the main source of power and transportation. Steam engine wasn't very practical until Corliss refinements around 1850, but first early steam locomotives where about 1810. Start of steamships about the same time, but only practical on rivers or coast lines, not across oceans. You kind of get the picture of life and what existed in 1812.

Now fast forward 100 years to 1912. Some people born in 1812 lived to be 90 or turn of century to 1900. A lot of progress was made in those 88 years. The telegraph, practical steamships across oceans made trips in record time, and trains everywhere. The very start of automobiles, toys for rich and wealthy. Construction using steam powered equipment. Yes lots of progress. But still no planes, man couldn't fly, no cars, horses still main source of travel throughout USA. No electric, phone, TV, radio, sweepers, washing machines, permanent press clothes, antibiotics, x-rays photos in infancy, nuclear power.

Well you get the picture. Most of what we use today all came about in the last 112 years. I don't think we can imagine the world 100 years from today, let alone 200 years. Things are gone to happen that would probably please us, and much will disgust us. As for me I think humans will be able to reproduce any species that is still living 50 years from today, or maybe even to create versions of their own. The same with humans. In fact I would bet the sources of meat protein will be inanimate and feed with tubes. Super computers will be on par with human thought and just given tasks to find solutions in record times. Science will be able to conceive and develop babies in artificial wombs.

People of my age wouldn't like this world of the future, much like my great great grand parents wouldn't like my world. As a species our technology will move forward ever faster.
 robin-hood
Msg: 74 (view)

Awaiting Supreme Court Decision on Health Care Mandate
Posted: 6/30/2012 9:05:10 AM
Lets see. The new healthcare law says you buy insurance or else you pay us $1000 every year. Now didn't the early gangsters used to go around to businesses and sell insurance and if you didn't buy a policy something always tragic happened. It usually started small with broken windows.

Now I can't see the difference. This is not a tax, but a means of compulsory compliance. What do you think is gone to happen if people still don’t buy insurance and pay the $1000. Well they will now bust your windows and tear down your door, in other words now pay us $1500 or $2000 if you don’t want to play ball.

But this type of crap is also happening on the state level. Here in California we have a bunch of nanny’s that want to make you healthy and also green. All these extra small codes they implement cost money, sometimes lots of money. Not only to make the product, but to design the installation and make all the codes work together.

As for the Supreme Court decision, it doesn’t matter. Most people that have no experience in law know its against your basic freedoms.

As for my opinion, healthcare is the next big bubble to pop.
 robin-hood
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2012 7:01:43 PM
I'm now using Windows Live mail, but most of the features are similar to outlook or outlook express.

Under your email account setup properties in the advanced tap there is a option (mine is a check box) to leave a copy of your email on the server. Just change the setting.

Each email account (name) has its own switch, so check them all.
 robin-hood
Msg: 79 (view)

Bittersweet excitement.....buying a house w/o someone to share the fun
Posted: 6/27/2012 12:23:21 PM
Grandmabooboo

Nice set up ! I would bet, you could easily live in part and maybe use the other for long term guests :)
 robin-hood
Msg: 95 (view)

Living on a shoestring budget
Posted: 6/23/2012 12:08:02 PM
I don't think its so much about your health or wealth, but more so how you got there, and what your doing about it.

I have little compassion for those who knew better and continue to abuse their body or spend their self into poverty. Especially to those who make little effort to help themselves.

As for finance, if you can't live within your means then someday it catches up. But then again there are those who fall upon circumstances beyond their control.
 robin-hood
Msg: 99 (view)

She wants to get married, he doesn't .. should she move on?
Posted: 6/18/2012 4:20:56 PM

I didn't really read all the posts to this thread, but I've been in
this position before.

For me, it would matter whether the guy just didn't want to get
married or he didn't want to marry me. I'd have to be pretty clear
he would marry me if marriage was his thing.

I still consider it a compliment for someone to want to marry me.
Liking me, but not seeing me as marriage material is something else
though.

And yeah, I moved on because I knew that it was possible someone
would come along that he would marry.

So now that you moved on, you are still looking. Appears the paper is goal, and the future spouse is just a consolation prize. From what I read here, its set the bait, then wait, and if male is not trainable, try another male.

Same as a male hunter, except the game is different.
 robin-hood
Msg: 50 (view)

Make me one of your Favorites but never send me an email.
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:13:59 AM
Jenny

I'm in agreement. When you favor someone, at least in my case, its a quality, writing, or something of merit I like. My last favorite was a young horse trainer less than 1/2 my age.
 robin-hood

Problem with my Pump/Well
Posted: 5/21/2012 10:33:38 PM
More than likley its the pressure switch. I think, by what you said, that you had to wait for sometime to restart it your switch is not turning pump off. If thats the case when it does run your pressure at faucet should be higher than normal. You also have a gauge (more than likely). Read it.

When your pump does shut off, it's the overload switch on the pump turning it off. When pump cools and on power interruption its resets. When you turn switch on it starts to run again. Eventually this will kill the motor.

This is easy to check. When the tank builds pressure it should shut off within a few minutes. If it doesn't then pressure switch is not doing its job. I'm assuming it a precharged tank.

Few other things can be checked. The tank bladder needs to be charged with air from time to time. At least bi-annually. If the bladder is busted, you will need a replacement or new tank.

Now be a good girl and when you get it working right again, follow up and post what the problem was, and what fixed it.
 robin-hood
Msg: 5 (view)

Overheating pc
Posted: 5/13/2012 5:09:15 PM
Making the assumption its a desktop.

A air compressor will do a better job. Turn computer off for 1/2 hour. Don't use to high a pressure, say about 40 to 60 psi. When blowing where air can spin a cooling fan, insert Q-tip in blade then apply air to prevent it from turning.

Motherboard, and all plug in cards. Also the heat sink fins, as they plug up with dust.

The voltage supply is in a small metal box with its own fan. Insert Q-tip to hold fan, and blow out box through all open slotted areas including through fan.

Should do the trick.

------------------------------------
Another reason computer may be shutting down is an electric component is failing when it heats up.

Another trick is just leave cover off side of computer. Not recommended when children are around.

When computer ages fans will stick sometimes on start up. A little tick with Q-tip will usually get it spinning.
 robin-hood
Msg: 467 (view)

The War on American Women (feel better vlad?)
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:26:45 PM

She measured their hourly pay rate and statistically corrected the differences between them for things such as years of education, specialist training, experience, project characteristics, and so on. Until there was only one variable left to examine: gender.

Thats just crap. What really matters is getting the task done, especially in IT. All those papers are just paper, and it you took away the grades, or just showed up for the certificate its just paper on the wall. When you present those papers its assumed you have the basic knowledge.

Let me say if a women is out performing a mans counter part you can bet I wouldn't let her leave without offering her more. On the other hand if she is working away for a set wage and had no gripes, I wouldn't be offering her raises just because I'm a nice guy. If things got ruff, as in layoffs, and provided she has been reliable you could bet a man would be layoff 1st.

With me those pieces of paper don't mean much, its what you learned and retained and can apply it to the task at hand.

Show ALL Forums