Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Hey Ladies ... Could Do With A Critique!
 chromis1
Msg: 7 (view)

Hey Ladies ... Could Do With A Critique!
Posted: 8/27/2018 6:11:47 AM
Inconsistencies are profile killers. Any doubt in the reader's mind, and she moves on. In your case, the one inconsistency that seemed plain to me is your hair. I know, shouldn't be a big deal ... but it can be. In one picture, your hair looks completely different and in half the others, it isn't visible at all. Try to stick with the one look that represents you now.

No sense in limiting your preferred age range, especially one that goes 12 years younger but only 4 years older. Neither gender likes to see that in a profile. It would be better to delete it altogether.
 chromis1
Msg: 7 (view)

Desperately Need My Profile Review.
Posted: 4/17/2018 7:51:24 AM

The line about you now having your own place needs to go.

Which is referencing this ...

Mainly thanks to my departed mother and also my father. I now have a place of my own.

This is awful for a more than one reason. You see why, yes?

Apparently, your decision to go without pics is set in stone. Concomitantly, your zero chance of success here should be, as well.
 chromis1
Msg: 39 (view)

You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 4/10/2018 5:18:01 PM

60 seems to be the age when things get harder.

Not necessarily. ;/
 chromis1
Msg: 126 (view)

I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 3/29/2018 8:38:31 PM

POF investigates any user got many blocks and check the reason behind them.

LOL!!!! No they don't, and you can't prove it. You want to make that claim, burden of proof is on YOU.

Everything is automated. "X" number of block strikes against you, and you're toast. The moderators are gone. Bots fly around everywhere on this site on seek and destroy missions. BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THAT because you have no forum experience and you haven't been here to see profiles vanish into thin air. Basically, you're just pulling assumptions out of your arse to refute facts. That's a low IQ stunt.

Geez, dude, I wouldn't have thought that you'd be such a sore loser. But you just can't stand to be wrong. And, without a doubt, your post will be the last on this thread.

Now you've heard the last from me. I found the proof you wanted (not wished for), so now I'll make better use of my time.

And, please, try to clean up your English.

Au revoir.
 chromis1
Msg: 122 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2018 6:26:09 PM

It will be nice to show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us. Again, the same attitude jumping from a tree to an other, do you know who really does that? It is better to talk about what you just know.

Only somebody with a low IQ wouldn't have been able to easily find the proof. I'm looking at you, OP:

http://blog.pof.com/2014/08/plentyoffish-account-deleted/

If you were deleted from the site and don’t know why, here are some of the reasons this may have happened:

4. You are rude to other users. If you’re rude or send inappropriate messages to other users, this will likely result in getting blocked by these users. If you are being blocked too frequently, you will be deleted. Furthermore, PlentyOfFish has zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination related race, sex, disability, sexual orientation etc.

Emphasis mine.

There ya go. Satisfied? Wrapping your low IQ head around this whole "too many blocks = profile deleted" thing? Don't give me "but, that's illogical, I'm never rude, therefore the reason for the rule doesn't apply to me". Muster all the IQ you can to understand POF doesn't look at the content of your messages to determine whether you've been rude. Too many blocks gets your account deleted, regardless of what you've written. By now, that simple fact should be crystal clear to you.

Or maybe not.
 chromis1
Msg: 466 (view)

Just eat me already!
Posted: 3/29/2018 10:13:37 AM

I would have waited till me was asleep and **** suffocated him

I really dislike NBC's "Dateline". But if an episode aired based on what you've described ... Yeah. I'd watch it.
 chromis1
Msg: 12 (view)

VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 3/29/2018 10:07:17 AM
Yeah, I get the frustration.

Be the bigger person and avoid the attack. Delete the screenshot - keeping it up could get your account deleted.
 chromis1
Msg: 5 (view)

Would Like a Review
Posted: 3/28/2018 8:03:02 PM
Anybody who's spent any reasonable amount of time in the OLD arena has learned the essential skills to survive. Right at the top of the list is the ability to weed out profiles that don't pass the smell test.

"Separated" has already been mentioned. Separated and hanging in that limbo for 8 years - that's a BIG problem. If a woman knows to check your POF posting history, then 2 +2 = done.

Your original post says "New to POF". No, you're not. You joined 8 years ago and you're currently showing a picture displaying the old POF watermark that was ditched by the site at least 6 or 7 years ago ... so an untruth, which you can no longer undo, is another BIG problem.

Many women know that the watermark = really old picture, which will make suspect any other photo you use. The pictures can't be trusted, so your profile becomes toast.

"Smoke occasionally" almost always means, smokes a lot. "Occasionally", to the person who can't stand smoking, and their numbers here are huge, means "once a month, at the bar". Or a cigar after a round of golf. Anything more than that and it won't be long before she finds out and, poof, she's gone.

You should probably self-delete and start over. Use current pictures, explain why you're still married and be more upfront about your smoking habit, one way or the other.
 chromis1
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 7:33:54 PM

Go Pengo's!

Go Pengo's! Crunch time, coming up.
 chromis1
Msg: 86 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 11:44:32 AM
Haha, this thread is just the sort of entertainment that keeps me around. Some of the best threads are those in which an OP will disagree with anything, said by anybody, that doesn't line up exactly with what the OP wants ... er, I mean "wishes" ... to hear.

So here's our newest entrant.

I read HS state in message 63,

Also, if a man gets too many blocks, his profile will be deleted by POF administration.

OP responds

It will be nice to show me and everyone help where you said blocking a person will lead you to deleting an account.

So the sky is pink, after all.

Believe it or not, OP, it's true. If a man receives too many blocks, POF will delete his profile. Kinda common knowledge among those who spend enough time here in the forums, and for the many here who personally knew those who at one time moderated the boards. Please, though, disagree with me.

Your original point, OP ... you "wish" women would include in their profile a sentence stating "I won't date Muslims". That's right, no? This is for what you wish. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, at least not here on POF. So there's your answer. I also tend to believe that, more often than not, a response such as this to a message from you, is the woman's polite way of saying "Nope". I also think the better practice is to not respond at all.

There! I've condensed into a single paragraph most of the salient points in this thread with which you've taken umbrage.

Have you every tried to take IQ test?

You missed an indefinite article.
 chromis1
Msg: 10 (view)

Left heartbroken and confused
Posted: 3/20/2018 6:18:06 AM

When she went to her night shift that night, she sent a text that she only saw us as friends. That she should have told me before the wedding but she wanted to wear her dress so badly.

That's downright cruel. I'm sorry you're going through this. It'll hurt, maybe for quite a while. Then one day you'll wake up and realize, an hour later, that you haven't thought about her yet that day. That's when you'll know that the clouds are parting.
 chromis1
Msg: 3 (view)

Keeping Attraction going & Weeks W/ a Girl
Posted: 3/20/2018 6:08:26 AM

Eventually the movie came to a end and she kinda rushed out of there and we said goodbye in the parking lot and I didn't go for a kiss. She works really early, so she is always rushing to be asleep soon and it was pretty late.

Post Date, she texted a few hours later and sent I enjoyed it and some emotes. Anways, that now leaves me around this zone. So, I can't tell if the date went well or NOT.

It could have gone better.

Doesn't matter how late it is, how early she needs to be work in the morning, if your date is really into you she won't rush out to hightail it home. She'll linger.

I think you pressed too hard and made her uncomfortable at the movie (which, BTW, probably wasn't the best idea for a first date). I also think the daily texting is a bit much. Call her, make a date for the weekend, chat a bit, then give her space until the date. See how it goes. If I were you, I'd take my foot off the gas pedal.
 chromis1
Msg: 15 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 3/9/2018 11:42:47 AM

You may be afflicted with LHS. (Literate Hiker Syndrome)

LOL, wish I had some friends in the AMA.

Would insurance cover this?

All the Big Pharma guys would be scrambling to be first to market. Well, maybe not. Guess that's what a good benzo is for.
 chromis1
Msg: 35 (view)

Fed up
Posted: 3/9/2018 9:24:33 AM

I think women have gotten exceptionally finicky.

I wouldn't say "finicky". I think "crash-coursed" is more accurate. Same for men, as well.

Before OLD, when people were thrown together by chance or design, I'd have a handful of chances of meeting somebody, "going steady", getting hitched. The weekend kegger. The cute girl in my Tuesday/Thursday political science class. The chances of ultimately being burned were fewer, because the opportunities were fewer.

Now the opportunities are many. There are quite a few people, some either presently or formerly of these forums even, who've met hundreds of potentials.

After getting burned dozens upon dozens of times, the course is charted a bit more carefully. I wouldn't call that being finicky.
 chromis1
Msg: 78 (view)

Never been married suddenly at 50 you wanna marry someone REALLY
Posted: 3/6/2018 9:39:37 AM

"entitlement"- it's reaping what we've sewn

One and the same thing. Reap what we've sown; it's an entitlement. I think you're misconstruing the intent of my meaning, giving it the negative connotation adopted by boot-strapping conservatives.

The point is, Social Security was never intended to supplant traditional, defined benefit pension plans. FDR and his congress passed the Social Security Act as a safeguard "against the hazards and vicissitudes of life." It's only been in the last 20-30 years that defined benefit pension plans have gone out the window and, for many, all that's left is Social Security. That was never the original intent.
 chromis1
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 3/5/2018 10:16:56 PM

chromis, I'm talking pension. Can you leave a pension to a non-family member? An IRA is like any other bank account, you can leave that to anyone.

If you're talking about social security, that really isn't a "pension", at least not in the traditional sense. Social Security is, and has always been, a federal entitlement program. And even then, social security benefits cannot be "left" to a spouse. The surviving spouse has the option to take over the decedent's payments, or continue with his or hers, but not both, depending on which benefit is higher.

IRA's are not like any other bank account. They carry tax implications and special distribution rules that aren't applicable to your run of the mill checking or savings accounts.

"Pensions" are either defined benefit plans, or defined contribution plans. The rules regarding beneficiary designations for either are generous and are determined under ERISA law.
 chromis1
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 3/5/2018 10:17:11 AM

I don't think you can leave a pension to a partner unless you're married, right???

Almost all qualified plans (IRA's, 403(b)'s, 401(k)'s, defined benefit plans), allow unmarried individuals to name anybody as beneficiary, though the payout options are much more favorable if the survivor is a spouse. If you're married, almost all plans except IRA's, require that you name the spouse as beneficiary, a benefit the spouse can waive.
 chromis1
Msg: 20 (view)

How to find friends?
Posted: 3/1/2018 1:04:49 PM
A bowling league is a really good idea. Best: summer mixed leagues. That way, you don't need to commit to 36 weeks of dragging yourself to the lanes. Most summer leagues are around 10-12 weeks, and most folks don't care much if you don't show up all the time.
 chromis1
Msg: 2 (view)

Ideas on or things you carry to calm first date jittery nerves
Posted: 3/1/2018 12:39:46 PM

Anyone with any ideas on or things you might carry on a first date to calm your jittery nerves?

Uh, this is pretty easy. Confidence.

And leave expectations at home.
 chromis1

Could this profile have worked in 2008?
Posted: 2/28/2018 4:36:07 AM

Could this have ever worked in 2008?

I'm not sure I understand the point.

Wouldn't it be potentially more productive to create a profile for 2018?
 chromis1
Msg: 70 (view)

BF is upset because I didn't introduce him to my work colleague
Posted: 2/27/2018 5:43:47 AM

I may have very well been the youngest person there. It was the only show I had ever been to at this venue where they put chairs out on the floor and virtually no one stood up the entire show.

Weird. I saw two shows last year with floor seating, Tom Petty in PGH and then again in Philly, but everybody stood from start to finish at both. I dunno. Maybe because it was the The Outlaws.
 chromis1
Msg: 6 (view)

Please be Honest! Profile Review
Posted: 2/26/2018 8:28:20 AM

so I'm thinking there is something off-putting about my profile picture ... Girls who actually view my profile message back at a much higher rate. So, I'm looking for advice on getting over this hurdle.

This might not be possible. In addition to folks preferring a certain "look", other reasons for your profile being ignored include:
1) Your email is lost in the shuffle but, more commonly it's probably because,
2) The profile you messaged is dead. Perhaps the profile isn't authentic, or hasn't been active in some time, or the woman simply ignores emails.

You'll need patience here. Most everybody does.
 chromis1

Profile review PLEASE!!
Posted: 2/22/2018 6:36:40 PM

Thanks for the review and tips all.

So far I'm doing pretty good as I've gotten a few replies and unsolicited replies

I'm not sure that qualifies as doing "pretty good". Middling seems more accurate.

Yeah, it's a joke profile, I've seen attempts fall far shorter, and the odds of you being a true sociopath are pretty low.

But, I gotta agree with HS - photo selection isn't good. Your reply rate will improve in lock step with improved pictures.
 chromis1

Profile review please!
Posted: 2/20/2018 7:52:34 PM

The one you have for a main now is too close.

Too close and generally just not good at all. It's so dark, the lighting poor. In thumbnail form it's nearly impossible to find a distinguishing feature. Non-clickable.
 chromis1
Msg: 33 (view)

Instant turn aways
Posted: 2/20/2018 12:28:20 PM
It was alluded to above - eye catchers. For me, it was never so much "Ugh", but did a profile make me think "Huh!".

And for the OP - never be afraid to swing for the fences. Striking out is no fun; I know this well. But if you get lucky and hit that one grand slam ... game over.
 chromis1
Msg: 115 (view)

scammers
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:06:58 PM

I am passionate about weedin'. Nothin' like muckin' out the weeds in the spring time in the flower beds.

I've gotten so lazy in my old age. Glyphosphate. Squirt, squirt, weeds gone.

Oh.........there was a time I enjoyed smokin' the "weed".

Was? As in .. past tense??

P.S. Going to the Pengos game tonight. The end of a week-long Valentines celebration. Woo-hoo!
 chromis1
Msg: 9 (view)

Review
Posted: 2/13/2018 3:03:21 PM

But an all-out smile in the primary photo gets less attention, at the end of the day.

No. Wrong. As Mark mentioned, many reasons why the various "studies" are unreliable. Common sense is all that's really needed. Nice smiles get dates.
 chromis1

Review
Posted: 2/12/2018 3:37:03 PM

they say that girls respond more to guys who aren't smiling

Not good advice. Almost all of the women who lend their experience here on this forum will say that a nice smile is high on the list of profile priorities.
 chromis1
Msg: 20 (view)

Friendzone, Timeout or friendship-ending?
Posted: 2/10/2018 8:57:57 PM

Ahhh, pure sarcasm to a man who came here only for some honest, helpful advice.

Guess my Forum Nuance Interpreter needs new batteries, which obviously must be completely dead. I took her words at face value.
 chromis1

Posted: 2/9/2018 2:32:22 PM

She has already told you she sees you as nothing but a friend, so the next time shes single this is probably going to change. She is suddenly going to fall hard for you and want a committed relationship with just you.

Anything is possible. Some faiths believe even that it's possible to skirt death.

I'll put this man's odds at roughly the same.
 chromis1

Posted: 2/7/2018 7:24:56 PM

She has not yet responded and I kind of think she might not respond as she still has this other guy in the background

This other man is not in the background - he's at the forefront - and whether he's too distant or not for your "friend" to move forward with a romantic relationship, it seems pretty clear that your proximity to her hasn't helped.

This is the sort of situation I'd simply walk away from for good, and not look back.
 chromis1
Msg: 13 (view)

Looking for blunt honesty...
Posted: 1/30/2018 9:02:58 AM
The criticism of your photos is valid. No, I don't have any either, but I don't need 'em now.

Take it from somebody who had success on this site (like many of the reviewers here) - your photo array needs a major overhaul. The 2nd, 3rd and 5th photos not only are of no help, they're probably detrimental. You'd do better without them. At least you smile, which is something many can''t seem to muster. The first is just ok - it accomplishes the basics. But, really, if you want to get messages, see messages answered, get dates, your photos need to be first rate. Good composition, good lighting, the absolute best you can put together.

When I got really serious about this online dating thing, I didn't screw around. I decided it was important to me and that if I was going to stick my neck out, I was going all the way with it. I found a pro, paid him some bucks, and in return he put together for me a collection of pictures that popped.

Now I'm happily married.

Not everybody needs to go the route I chose, but I did and it worked. At the very least, you need to think of your photo set as the single most important facet of your profile, to research it, to see what works and what doesn't.
 chromis1
Msg: 16 (view)

Have you ever dated a hoarder?
Posted: 1/3/2018 2:40:33 PM

I'm no neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but how a person can live in a sea of garbage is beyond me~

On the 1-10 scale of alcoholism, he was a 10. He just didn't care about anything.
 chromis1
Msg: 13 (view)

Have you ever dated a hoarder?
Posted: 1/3/2018 1:43:54 PM
I had a client who died not long ago, with a Will naming me as Executor. Here's his kitchen:

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/4/9/0/0/3/webimg/977695150_o.jpg

The rest of the house was just as bad, the bathrooms even worse (he had no running water, but still used them, so picture that).

He didn't date.
 chromis1

My pond has frozen over and grown stagnant
Posted: 12/26/2017 9:54:16 PM
The "prefer not say" body type isn't helping. Just put down "average". I mean, that's certainly how you appear to me.

Here's the problem - lots of folks search and use search parameters. Nobody will include in their search parameter "prefer not say" for body type. Hence, you don't show up in the searcher's results. You're simply not seen.
 chromis1

My turn, wish me luck!
Posted: 12/5/2017 7:40:48 AM
Pictures just aren't very good.

The 4th is ok.

The 3rd should be composed differently. All the dead space above you is distracting. Try this, instead:
https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/4/9/0/0/3/webimg/974788344_o.jpg

The picture with your cousin should be deleted immediately. First, it isn't the best angle for you. More importantly, when a woman clicks on your profile after you've messaged her, her eyes will go to your cousin immediately. And you'll be done.

2nd picture isn't flattering or helpful.

5th is just ok - it's salvaged by the fact that you're smiling, the only picture in which a smile can be found. See the big smile your cousin is flashing? That's what draws and keeps attention.

Pictures 6 and 7 just don't do anything to help you.

Message content, what you write in this or that box - none of that will matter much until you straighten out the photo set.
 chromis1
Msg: 9 (view)

Seeking profile review....(and long walks on the beach?) ;)
Posted: 10/11/2017 10:14:35 AM

I just prefer to be as honest a possible, and I see myself as a having a few extra lbs, so that's why I've been putting it down. If I lose a few more lbs, I'll change it for sure ;)

With all due respect, how you perceive yourself is kinda irrelevant. All that matters is how others perceive you and you've noted that the feedback so far has been "you're not a few a extra pounds". Isn't this enough empirical evidence? Fighting here in a higher weight class is detrimental to your chances. Drop yourself down and more women will find you in searches. Perhaps a LOT more.
 chromis1

Seeking profile review....(and long walks on the beach?) ;)
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:51:54 PM
Yeah, photos are bad and nothing works better here than good pictures.

You don't appear, to me anyhow, to be "a few extra pounds". Your body size looks pretty normal, so I'd recommend that you change this to "average" instead. You might be getting cut out of a good many searches.

Crossing your arms isn't something I'd recommend, but what do I know? Conventional wisdom says you look "closed" and "unapproachable". Open up into something more natural, instead.

Smile, look straight into the camera, but don't create mug shots. Sitting on a chair, relaxed, slightly sideways, head turned to camera, big smile, arms around the dog at your feet - that could be a good photo.
 chromis1
Msg: 34 (view)

Article about when seniors should get married
Posted: 9/28/2017 2:29:45 PM

Gawd, so blessed are we to be graced by the presence of another....lawyer. Vetch...

We’re not worthy!

Where’s cement shoes when you need ‘em?

Fvck you, Steve.
 chromis1
Msg: 27 (view)

Article about when seniors should get married
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:23:38 PM
Cynthia is right. The legal and financial reasons to be married are substantial.

The U.S. Tax Code is just the beginning. Every since it's codification in 1917 - hey, same year as the Communist revolution in Russia - the Tax Code has accomplished two things - raise revenue and shape social policy. And for 100 years, Congress has decided that one policy it wants to promote is the institution of marriage. You're married? Enjoy the tax benefits.

Social Security. A very good friend of mine, my age, recently married his partner of almost 40 years. The reason? He has an earnings history, she has none. If he had died, she would have been outta luck.

Living Wills and DNR's. I've seen this a few times since I do a fair amount of elder law work. Spouse on life support - no medical professional will ignore a DNR signed by the healthy spouse. Unmarried partners and the one in the hospital has adult children? The unmarried partner has no legal standing and the children, who sometimes have been estranged for years, unfairly call the shots.

So, yeah, there absolutely are good and valid reasons to be married at a mature age.
 chromis1

review help please
Posted: 9/26/2017 3:19:59 PM
^^^^ Actually, being separated is something to which the OP must pay attention. Yes, you, I and everybody else aren't privy to his circumstances, but that's the point. Most women here have options. Choices. What choice will she make when looking at a profile of a man who A) is married, B) is looking to date but nothing serious, and C) puts on display only two pictures, one of them a less than stellar bathroom selfie? This isn't hard to figure out. I'll bet that 99 times out of 100, she'll move on to the next profile. Why spend even 10 seconds mulling over what at first blush looks like a hot mess?

Forums' advice is the best - explain the current circumstances. MY advice would be to ditch the dating scene altogether until the divorce becomes final. Fair or not, married folks who come here don't do well.
 chromis1
Msg: 22 (view)

Are women over 45 becoming more 'shallow'?
Posted: 9/22/2017 8:18:11 AM

To the best of my knowledge a female can not set a height requirement in her mail settings.

That's correct.

IF a women stated in her profile, "To send me a message you must be 6ft, 1.3 inches tall", THIS is her preference. IF you are 5ft 11.3 inches tall, feel free to send her a message. She may or may not respond.

Often, "requirements" turn out to be nothing more than rough guidelines, but if you find a preference be set in stone, tough ruck, move on and don't complain.

In any event, I think the short answer to your original question is "no".
 chromis1
Msg: 159 (view)

cue Laugh Track
Posted: 8/25/2017 6:18:44 AM
I know he's a pariah now, but one of the most debilitating laughing jags I ever had was the first time I watched "Bill Cosby Himself". Brain damaged kids. Too f'n funny.
 chromis1
Msg: 54 (view)

Update on Jessica.
Posted: 8/17/2017 9:26:01 PM

CANCER FREE!!!!

No better two-word combination in the English language.

Scans can be so nerve-wracking, so full of dread waiting on the results. I know the elation of hearing good news like this. Food tastes wonderful again. Being stuck in traffic can be a joyful experience. Everything in the world seems so much brighter when the cloud has lifted.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ENJOY!!!!
 chromis1
Msg: 29 (view)

Receiving gift on third date
Posted: 8/15/2017 7:14:34 PM

Let's just say he's not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, at least when it comes to dating. Giving gifts this early does not raise your interest level. After a couple months when two people are in love it's great.

I'll second the "WTF?". I had a first date that I was (relatively) certain would go well and I very much wanted to impress her. Went to a local crafts store, bought a small bottle, filled it with pink pearly type things, cut an unopened pink rose from my rose garden, put it in the bottle and tied off the neck with a pink ribbon bow. It was hugely appreciated.

A bit risky? I guess. But sometimes it helps to trust your sense of what to do and when to do it.
 chromis1
Msg: 371 (view)

Use it or lose it
Posted: 8/15/2017 11:52:38 AM
1) I don't do court.
2) I don't live in Philly
3) The correct word is "Yinzer".
 chromis1
Msg: 369 (view)

Use it or lose it
Posted: 8/14/2017 9:02:30 PM

Even though I smoke, I ... {can still do a lot of things}

That's great, awesome even. But don't kid yourself. I can do all those things as well, no indicia of the heart attack that was waiting to happen. Walk 18 holes lugging my clubs? No problem. But lurking within was a circumflex artery on its way to 100% blockage and bam ... down I went.
 chromis1

Receiving gift on third date
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:49:17 PM

I accepted suggesting we should try something in the book.

A wonderful suggestion.

Should I be concerned about the gift giving?

Huh? No! It was just a book, and a thoughtful gesture.
 chromis1
Msg: 42 (view)

3 dates and.. nothing? is this slow or disinterest?
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:03:52 PM
So, and you already know this, I suppose ... you can do one of two things.

1) Just quit. I've done this and never regretted it.
2) Take a chance, go for what you want, risk rejection. If that happens, no big deal, right? At least you tried, and then you can say "next".

I don't think, under any circumstance, you should let things stand as they are past the next date.
 chromis1

New user, and not getting much interest, profile and pic review please.
Posted: 8/14/2017 7:58:35 PM
And even if you somehow manage to get around the "separated" issue, your profile is still full of problems.

The one that really cracked me up: You don't want a "princess", yet your main picture features a princess vanity behind you. Really dumb idea. Really bad picture for a number of different reasons. And women will unfavorably compare it to the second picture which was apparently taken 20 years ago.

Online daters, men and women alike, sooner or later look for disqualifying clues in a profile. Yours could be made into a board game.

Show ALL Forums