Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
 webmdtech
Msg: 69 (view)

Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
Posted: 3/10/2013 11:02:24 PM
I agree with KatarzynaLuiza, its a lot easier to date ppl with no kids, you can go anywhere anytime, sleep until noon on weekends. I have dated both with and without kids and without def better. now i would go out with a girl if she had a kid but i expect her to understand and appriciate the fact that i am willing to do that, so she better be extra nice to me in bed :) haha
 webmdtech
Msg: 16 (view)

I miss him so much it hurts.....
Posted: 2/27/2013 11:28:08 PM
They way they smell, the way you lay together in bed which fits perfect like a puzzle. The way they laugh, the way every time they take a shower you want to jump in with, and after all those years you still love the way they kiss and make love, the way the calm comes over you when you are with them. And all those people that come after them, hard as they try or you try, can't make you feel that way again. Yeah, I know this feeling all too well.

Most people don't love that deeply, so they can't understand. All they can say is you need to move on. You can't move on from real love, all you can do is adopt. Its like loosing a leg or an arm, you will always miss it, but you will learn to adopt, what other choice you got, right?

You already know the asnwer to your question, all you have to do is learn how to except it.
 webmdtech
Msg: 10 (view)

So I met this girl..
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:02:25 PM

you're about right, I'm not impressed by much of anything nowadays, besides my own skills at Battlefield 3. lol
Videogames are so much more fun than women for me right now...yikes, did I just say that?

I didn't have much luck with women until I completely let myself go and attacked my life weaknesses head on. I felt my mind going complacent, so went back to community college to wake it up, then I started working out because I noticed guys with better bodies than me getting the girls I want. Then I realized confidence plays a major part in getting what I want too. I've been working on myself for a long time.

All I really care about right now is waiting for the weather to get warm so I can go play on the beach, throw the frisbee around, have fun and not care about anything. Life is too short, ya know?

I disagree with others thinking that you are depressed, not at all, if anything you are becoming "elightened". Buddhists say " you will always loose what you cling to", so you are not clinging to some stupid girl, seeking her approval, you are looking for the source of happiness within yourself, and of course thats when girls would want you the most. They can see that you are awsome and they want to be part of it.
 webmdtech
Msg: 11 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 2/14/2013 9:10:21 PM
he was a gentelman and decided not to break you down with reasons why you are not good enough for him. so it would have beeen better if he would have said that you are chunky or something? gees. if he said he said he is not interested, just suck it up and move on. not that complicated.
 webmdtech
Msg: 74 (view)

what do cheaters feel?
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:51:27 PM
This is a great topic, but the answer is obvious. I have cheated on all my girlfriends but one. The reason I did not cheat on one of them is because i valued our relationship and did not want to jepardize it. The other ones I did not care to loose. before the "cheater" does it, he/she evaluates the situation and then moves accordingly. Nobody ever cheated on someone "on accident", if they do, it just means they don't care, as simple as that.
 webmdtech
Msg: 9 (view)

time to get to know someone?
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:58:37 AM
Finally everybody agrees on something. It only takes a few minutes to make a decision if we like a girl or not. You know, i heard a lot of women say " i was not attracted to this guy at first but then he grew on me".. me, never had that problem, either i like you right away or never.
 webmdtech
Msg: 48 (view)

Am I being unreasonable ?
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:27:29 AM
Maybe I am old fasioned but I always pay. I mean its nice if she offers but I would insist on paying. It's a classy thing to do. . If she really wants to thank me she can do it at the end of the date when we get to my house. wink, wink.
We all want to feel appriciated for our efforts.
 webmdtech
Msg: 44 (view)

Why do hot women date ugly men and visa versa?
Posted: 10/16/2012 11:49:58 PM
First of all, good looks are subjective. Everyone’s turned on by different shit. Some hot ass girls I know are into everything from short, to bald, to fat dudes.
Another major issue with typical hot male is that even if "average" wemen can get them, they’re not about to wife them up. These are dudes that get **** thrown at them constantly, so giving all that up for one chick probably won’t happen. Maybe for a few weeks or even a couple months, but eventually, the other **** will beckon. An "average" dude on the other hand? When they get a dime on their d!ck they savor that shit until the very last drop. They’re generally not as greedy as their better-looking counterparts. Some broads are so sick of the games with pretty boys that they’d rather settle with a safe bet.
 webmdtech
Msg: 20 (view)

Do I have too many relationship requirements?
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:54:58 AM

As I've been dating over the years I came to the conclusion that I require 4 things in a prospect. One that she has intelligence, two she has goals and is working towards them, three she has a great sense of humor, and four she has to be attractive TO ME..... Is that really too much to ask for?

Personally I can care less if the girl works at Burger King or not have a job at all, if she lives with her parents or homeless shelter, i don't care. You are not your job, you are not the car you drive or house you live in. If she is pettite, cute, kind, honest, faithfull, thats all that metters to me.
 webmdtech
Msg: 31 (view)

Single mother vs time
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:27:20 AM

I mean I have to take care of 2x 6 months kittens and if I really wanted to "educate" them correctly it would probably take up to a few hours a day

How adorable is that, I can imagine you talking to your kitties, "educating" them on how to be good. lol. I am playing man, i have 2 cats too, i love them to death.
 webmdtech
Msg: 18 (view)

Spiritual, what does it mean to you?
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:45:24 AM

For those that use the term Spiritual, what does it mean to you?

It almost a cliche used too many times.

For me:
I know it has nothing to do with God, more about knowing what is right and wrong morally but at the same time knowing there is some greater power in the world that controls it all and looks after everything and everyone.

Religion is for people who fear hell; Spirituality is for people who've been to hell.
 webmdtech
Msg: 40 (view)

is this a valid request?
Posted: 10/2/2012 1:40:45 PM

oh and the funniest story they told--a couple was cheating online and it turned
out they were TALKING TO EACH OTHER and did not know it---when they
found out who they were talking to they immediately divorced

Aweee, it sounds like "If you like Pina Coladas" song.
 webmdtech
Msg: 54 (view)

Meet anyone who is jealous of your dogs?
Posted: 10/2/2012 1:18:22 PM
Dogs are emotionally shallow animals, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.
 webmdtech
Msg: 79 (view)

31 YO... Am I Doomed By My non experience?
Posted: 9/30/2012 8:16:24 PM
Don't listen to this nonsence. I got a solution to your problem man, no joke! Two words - Russian Women. I personally know a bunch of russian chicks that would love to marry an American or Canadian in your case. I would even translate the letters for you. If you don't like the ones i know, just go over there yourself, I know a lot of american guys went there on these special tours, you get to meet like 50 new girls every night, you will be literally mobed by women, just take your pick. You will loose your virginity before you come back to homeland Guranteed!
 webmdtech
Msg: 38 (view)

I can't forget my ex
Posted: 9/30/2012 7:39:20 PM

Time. I missed my ex back in the early 2000's for 3 -4 years. So it can take a while.

Agree, I lost my ex about 4 years ago, and only recently feel like i can breathe again. Although sometimes I still break down. The more you love someone, the longer it will take. Some people say to go date a new person, that has not worked for me. All my dates just annoyed me and reminded me how much they are not her and how much i miss her ways. I was disgusted with a thought of sleeping with someone new. sad, i know. I had to take a break from dating all together. Idk, everyone is different.
 webmdtech
Msg: 602 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:54:35 PM
I like how people that do not have any ink pass judgement... anyways. for the inkless people let me explain. Tattoos are very personal, they are not intended for other people, they are for the people that get them. Its more then just a picture on a skin. When you get a tattoo, you remember the day, the place, the people around you, how you felt that day, conversations you had, the reason why you get that tattoo. and you never forget that. The person can have some stupid little star or a cross but thats the most meaningfull tattoo to him because he got it with his friend that is not alive any more or it reminds him of his kids or wife or just a certain time of his life. Thats what tattoos are and from outside looking in you can't see what that piece means to the person having it, so stop judging something you have no idea about
 webmdtech
Msg: 12 (view)

Ok Ladies... This One Is For You
Posted: 9/30/2012 12:03:02 PM

Depends on what you want with the woman. If you want the woman then you wait and get to know all of her. If you want sex then you try and get some as soon as you feel you put enough into the relation to deserve some.

I hate when women talk like this, "deserve some", what are we dogs? and if we act right we get a treat. please, don't put p'ussy on a pedestal.
Listen man, the same way as you know within a few minutes of meeting a girl that you either want to sleep with her or not, women made the same opinion about you. Just because woman sleeps with a man on a first date don't make her a slut in mans eyes, not at all, So stop playing games, if you want to sleep with each other just do it.
 webmdtech
Msg: 21 (view)

When is it time to give up?
Posted: 9/30/2012 11:09:36 AM
There is a quote from the movie "Goon", he said, "You make me want to stop sleeping around". You can't say men are bad for sleeping around, you just havn't found the one that loves you and wants to stop for you. We all want to have a commited relationship but it has to be with someone we truly love and not just a 'filler'.
 webmdtech
Msg: 44 (view)

I read this somwhere and thought I'd share
Posted: 9/29/2012 4:33:19 PM
ilovehistory, i read your forum reply on russian skinheads
[/I find it fascinating that one of the world's largest Neo-Nazi movements today is in Russia, a country that lost 25 MILLION people fighting the Nazis. Hitler described the Russian people as 'vermin', and planned to have Moscow turned into a gigantic artificial lake in order to wipe out forever the fact that the center of modern Russian culture had ever existed. Still, an awful lot of Russians love the guy!]
Its very cool that you are so insightful on other cultures, very unamerican. Its true russia has more skinheads then the rest of the world combined, over 100,000, but the reason for it is a little different then meets the eye. In russian we have a word "rodina", there is no word like that in english, its like mothers milk, your childhood memories, everything sacret, something that we would die for, thats what mother Russia means to us. and she is being raped and destroyed by Uzbeks, Kazaks, Turks. They deal drugs to our kids, they destroy our culture, one in seven russians is an addict. And people like Tesak and skinheads are the true defenders of russian people. Russian government and police are corrupt and can not properly defend country from this narco-terrorism, its sad but true.
 webmdtech
Msg: 60 (view)

A Man With No Wheels
Posted: 9/29/2012 3:23:51 PM
tyler durden said it best,

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f"cking khakis.
 webmdtech
Msg: 24 (view)

The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:14:46 PM
we rolled one night and she asked me to listen to Incubas "The Warmth", the song said :

So don't let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that f*cked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you're alive
Experience the warmth before you grow old

I don't know if its because I was rolling, but i just felt all my emotional walls came crushing down, I told myself that night that i would never cheat on her or ever give her a reason to be sad. Basically i fell in love with her that night and for the next five years i truly had the best years of my life with her.
 webmdtech

High Maintenance, In or Out?
Posted: 9/2/2012 3:05:49 PM
I like "girly" girls, i think its cute when it takes them an hour to pick an outfit, or that they have to shave their legs every day and it takes them forever, all the tanning, shopping, make up, cute shoes, cute hats. All that stuff is adorable. Maybe its "opposites attract" kind of a thing. Personally i am very low maintenance - i never tanned, i don't own a lot of clothes, i hate shaving and i am heavily tattooed.
 webmdtech
Msg: 13 (view)

To love more or be the one who loves less?
Posted: 8/19/2012 7:00:09 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as loving more or less, You either love someone or you just like them, you can like someone a lot but its no love. And as cliche as it sounds you will know when you cross that line from like to love. And there is no going back. So if OP is asking would you rather love or be loved, definitely love.
 webmdtech

Are Russian Women Different?
Posted: 8/19/2012 1:35:53 PM
I was born and raised in Russia, met a lot of women. A lot of people here are right, they are direct and they seem to have no soul. Its because they are goal oriented, they know what they want and go after it, be that school, or family, their goal comes first, she has no time to chat with you and make friends. Russia does have a lot more available skinny girls then America. Russian men drink/do drugs a lot, plus they womanize a lot because there is so many hot women available. So naturally women look to merry an American men, most American men would give anything for a pretty skinny girl to merry. supply and demand!
 webmdtech

I read this somwhere and thought I'd share
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:00:19 AM
we are conditioned or "programmed" by TV, schools, society, friends, ect. to be a certain way, to look a certain way, be with a certain type of a mate. brainwashed really. we judge and compare. This person to our ex, or that chick is hotter then my gf. and spend so much time doing that we don't even take time to dig deeper to see what the person is really about. Its sad, I am not saying you people, i am the same way.
 webmdtech
Msg: 192 (view)

good body or face?
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:54:52 PM
women are different, i dated a girl whos ex was over 300 lb. i couldnt understand how, she was tiny. you see it all the time, hot chicks with average even fat dudes. women like personalities or something weird like that. a cute guy would think its beneath him to date a fat chick. me personally, i would take the hot body. i have heard that I was shallow b4 too thou, so who knows maybe i am wacked.
 webmdtech
Msg: 54 (view)

sugar mamas
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:00:41 AM
I can care less how much money she has, all the clothes and cars are not gonna change the fact that i am not attracted to her. And personally i can only do IT with someone i find attractive. If the girl is cute she can work at Burger King or not have a job at all for all I care and I would still go out with her. You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.
 webmdtech
Msg: 9 (view)

Its been a year since it ended
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:28:27 PM
I feel your pain. everyone here will tell you to move on, more fish in the sea, blah blah, only you feel like a freaking fish in a barrel. All you can think about is how happy that person made you, how you never been more yourself when he is around. you compair every new person to him, the way they fit you when you lay together, the way the back of their neck smells. I belive not too many people truly loved, cause if they did they would know exactly what you are going through. The don't think you will never get over that person, true love never dies. I lost my love over 3 years ago and not a day goes by i don't think of her. Sometimes I wish i can zap her out of my mind like that movie " eternal sunshine of a spotless mind", but sometimes i am just thankfull that at least i have expirienced what true love was.
 webmdtech
Msg: 47 (view)

Do pets make a difference when considering a profile
Posted: 7/29/2012 12:58:28 PM
i am so surprised to hear so much negativity toards animals.. makes me sad. animals are such a loyal friends. If i see a profile with an animal my heart melts, it shows they have compassion . Common people. Like Incubas said ' I hope not everyone is that fu**ed up and cold."
 webmdtech

To answer a question...
Posted: 5/15/2012 1:26:25 PM
[ I guess it would be that the person makes me feel more me when I am with them. I feel more comfortable in myself when I am with them and more the core of my truest self shines through]

wow, thats really good, i love how you put that. Its like they allow you to feel good about the strange, retarted way you are, and all of the sudden its not so retarded any more because someone thinks its cute and thats just how you are. I used to say the strangest things to people when i was around my gf..ahhh . good old days. seriously though good post
 webmdtech
Msg: 46 (view)

The Billy Crystal Question...Can men and women be just friends?
Posted: 2/22/2010 12:26:54 PM
women attract other women, like i have a girl room mate and most of my friends are girls. i never slept with my room mate but i sure did with all her friends. sometimes you just got to play cool and say "we are just great friends", that makes women think or makes them jelous , who knows, i know one thing for sure, if you want to get laid you got to be around women and not every woman is a target but she can be a pawn!
 webmdtech
Msg: 27 (view)

Where have all the nice guys gone?
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:09:20 PM
i would have done the same. it only takes me a second or two of meeting a girl to know if i want to be with her or not. i think its kind of great. ..it probobly takes longer for women
 webmdtech

This was harsh.
Posted: 9/9/2009 7:47:52 AM
that is pretty sad story but very simple why he would do that, he is just not that into you any more. his interest has expired.. and as wierd as it sounds he realized that while he was doing you. move on.
 webmdtech

For a Laugh- What movie would you base your life on as of now?
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:52:26 PM
groundhog day

“Watch out for that first step, its a doozy!"
 webmdtech
Msg: 5 (view)

A connection between personality and how one treats their pets??
Posted: 7/22/2009 1:51:23 PM
This is a cool thread. I always ask girls i meet here about thier pets and it melts my heart when they go on and on about them. Animals are awsome
 webmdtech
Msg: 29 (view)

She tells you she's bi-sexual
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:06:55 AM
almost all the girls i've dated told me they liked gilrs and either have been or want to be involved with another woman. who can blame them, men are gross! lol
 webmdtech
Msg: 1 (view)

double booked ?!?!
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:36:42 AM
listen to this, been talking to this girl here, she said she is a waitress at wings ect. by the mall, so she asked me to come in last friday, so i went there, i did see her but did not say hi, i was sitting at a bar.. so when i was leaving, i see her next to my car making out with some dude.. wtf.. lol, so she texts me like 12 at night, gives me how you doing crap... i said 'i thought i seen you making out with some dude outside the bar".. she did not respond for like an hour and then she sais "yeeeeeeeah, that was me". thats it.. i feel like i am cursed
 webmdtech
Msg: 33 (view)

Body art - why the double standard?
Posted: 7/1/2009 1:01:35 PM
I am heavilly tattooed but i don't really like ink on women, i just think they are perfect already. Guys are gross anyways so who cares if they have doodles all over thier body

Show ALL Forums