Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: New Profile/Same stuff
 ForumLurker
Msg: 2 (view)

New Profile/Same stuff
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:29:26 PM
It is quite simple really.

Either they delete their profile or the system/administration deletes it. They create a new profile using the same user name since it is again available. People have been doing that, for various reasons, for years.

It takes a lot for the administrators to block a user name from use.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 392 (view)

FAQ: How To Quote, Bold, Italicize and Underline your text - Practice Thread
Posted: 5/1/2019 5:03:19 PM
^^^^
Cowboy???
 ForumLurker

Someone close this website down!!
Posted: 4/29/2019 3:42:46 PM
"Markus" sold POF to Match several years ago.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 422 (view)

Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:08:15 PM
ata,
You do not need to be a paid member to view full profiles. You do, however, now need to be logged in on the dating side to see the full profile.

They changed that a few weeks ago.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 8 (view)

account hacked, how to contact pof?
Posted: 4/18/2019 1:14:44 AM
If they changed your password which is now preventing you from logging in, how did you log in here? It is the same password.

If you are having this problem logging in with a computer and you are just unable to log into the DATING SITE but able to log in here then you are likely having an issue with a VPN or proxies. Try disabling any VPN and/or proxies then see if you can log into the dating site. If you can then you either need to disable them when on POF or add exceptions for POF.

Again, this advise is for using POF on a computer/desktop. If your issue is with a phone app then I cannot help you.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 33 (view)

Emoticons
Posted: 4/12/2019 6:10:57 AM
Other Hand,
There is a good list of emoticons and their codes, if you want them, posted by the Wyoming cowboy Back Again here.........

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/15823718datingPostpage14.aspx

Page 14, posts 339 and 340.
 ForumLurker

Password won't reset
Posted: 4/10/2019 3:59:34 PM
This is a common issue. There are dozens of threads in the forums about it. Do a thread search.

There are also tons of suggestions on how to fix it. The only suggestion people report as fixing the issue is to disable any VPN and-or proxies you are using. The dating side of the POF site has issues with both.

There has also been reported from time to time issues with POF on chrome. So that may be an issue too.

Come back and post what you tried and the results here. Also, do a thread search and post your results in the most read of those threads. Then, hopefully, someone coming here with these issues will read your results and have a better idea of what to try rather than starting yet another thread.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 271 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/7/2019 1:16:30 AM

In all my years on here I was lucky enough not to get some wacko follow me around. I have had some "odd" dates but nothing scary, no lurkers, ..........

I guess that leaves me out.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 259 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/4/2019 3:48:08 PM
Shirley, I was referring to ontheotherhand's detailed information on all the posters you listed.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 249 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/4/2019 1:32:32 AM
^^^^
WOW!
To know all that you either have a photographic memory or you spend way too much time here. Or, you spent too much time and effort researching those names.

No offense. I was just awed that someone knew so much about so many or spent the time researching it.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 179 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 5:12:29 PM
Maybe....just maybe.... I will.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 177 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 4:38:59 PM
^^
Good to see you here again. Maybe, just maybe, I will check in a little more often.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 143 (view)

Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/17/2019 3:12:05 PM
It’s been a few weeks since I opened the forums. Just read this thread today.

One question…….
When OyVey, Bob, died many of us knew he had cancer.

Is this Bobby Z Man? Or are you referring to another Bob?
 ForumLurker
Msg: 29 (view)

The History Of Humanity
Posted: 2/9/2019 12:42:31 PM
Well Cash, are you going to run around shouting ‘Hey look everyone, I just got DD too!’?

If so, get it over with and then go disappear again for a couple years. Or longer.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 61 (view)

I can't log in to my account on POF site. Please help me!
Posted: 1/18/2019 11:13:18 AM
Cash, take a couple deep, long, slow breaths then go crawl back into your hole.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 4 (view)

Can i get my username changed?
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:34:24 PM
I don't see why not, as long as you delete the account associated with that email address first.

I have had my account deleted and opened a new one same day with the same user name and same email address.

Now, that was a LONG time ago but I don't think that has changed.
 ForumLurker

Can i get my username changed?
Posted: 10/14/2018 11:54:02 AM
In the way-back it used to be doable for anyone to change their user name. Then they made it available only to upgraded users. I do not know if even upgraded users can change their user names any more.

So, if you are an upgraded user you may be able to. An upgraded user can chime in to answer that. If you are a free user you will need to delete your profile then create a new one with the user name you came up with.

Good luck.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 16 (view)

Message preventing me from signing in
Posted: 10/9/2018 5:24:05 PM

Google OWNS this Chromebook! It's ONLY compatible with Chrome.

Not really, unless you want to blindly believe what Google tries to make you believe.

Now, understand, I totally realize that you bought your Chromebook because it runs Google Chrome so you would not have any reason to run Firefox. But, if you wanted to, it is as easy as going to the PlayStore and downloading the Firefox App for Android. It will run flawlessly on your Chromebook.

Now, if you want to run the full blown desktop version of Firefox there are tons of web site that spell out the hack. It is involved and cumbersome to do and I cannot think of why anyone would want to other than proving they can but it is doable.

There are also apps to run a virtual IE on your Chromebook. Not quite IE, but more of an IE Spoof to fool websites into thinking they are being opened in IE. Not everything works but a lot of pages Chrome cannot run will open and partially to fully operate.

What really needs to happen is either POF get enough complaints and make the changes necessary to make it work on Chrome again, or Google make changes to Chrome to allow whatever is blocking POF to work. But do not hold your breath for either.

Now, back to rolling on the floor…………
 ForumLurker
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2018 4:48:15 PM

Anyone know how to fix this?

Use I.E. or Firefox!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 7499 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 10/5/2018 5:14:24 PM

...the second coming of KJ...

Wouldn't that be more like the twenty-second or thirty-second (or more)?

Just saying.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 7450 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 9/30/2018 9:59:11 AM
Well, they got KJ already. And right in the middle of a conversation with her.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for her next return.
 ForumLurker

Why does this section keep disappearing?
Posted: 9/23/2018 8:24:29 AM
It only appears in the list when you are logged into the forums. It will not show in the list if you are logged out of the forums.

It also shows up in the recent threads search if it has been posted to within the last 50 posts to the forums whether or not you are logged into the forums. That is where I saw your question.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/23/2018 8:05:33 AM
OH, another thing. It is also possibly a temporary glitch that may correct itself. They are common and often - with the antiquated coding here.

I do stand by my above solution though as the most likely scenario since you are able to log into the forums but not the dating site. (Again, unless you are using a different profile to access the forums than the one you are trying to access the dating site.)
 ForumLurker
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/23/2018 7:59:03 AM
TLV, Just curious, how can a person ‘send’ you anything if you have no access to the site?

Anyway, this is an often complained about issue. There are dozens of threads about this. There are as many fixes as there are people replying to these posts about the issue. There is however just one issue that people regularly report as their fix. That is to disable any VPN and or proxy you are running. The POF dating site has serious issues with VPNs and proxies. The forum site does not have those same issues. The fact that you cannot log into the dating site but you can log into the forums site indicates that your account and password are still valid (unless you are using multiple profiles – which is against the rules and a whole different conversation).

So, if you are running a VPN or using a proxy disable them and try again. If you do not know if you are or you have no idea how to disable them get someone who can help you.

If you are worried about your privacy and security and not willing to disable those items while on POF then POF probably is not a good fit for you since the antiquated coding does not allow for these personal security features. I suppose it is a failed attempt to deter user multiple accounts.

If you disable a VPN and or proxy, please post if that solved the issue or not. As I said, there are scores of suggestions posted but almost never what the results were or even if the person who posted the issue tried the suggestions. If you post your results it will help others who decide to search for, and read, these dozens of threads about this common issue before starting another thread about it.

Here are just the first few of the first page of threads that show up by searching the word ‘login’.

Unable to login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16728822.aspx

Ads Account Unable to Login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16721738.aspx

Unable to login:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16662241.aspx

Unable to login, Reseting Password doesn't work.:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16705848.aspx

Etc.
Etc.

Etc.

Like I said, there is a plethora of threads, so this is a common issue. And, POF obviously does not care since this has been an issue for years.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 37 (view)

I can't log in to my account on POF site. Please help me!
Posted: 9/16/2018 11:47:08 AM
You are welcome.

ForumLurker
Msg: 28 (view)

Forum Roll Call
Posted: 9/13/2018 1:21:34 AM
Lurking in the heartland of the US.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 350 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 9/9/2018 4:04:17 PM
One more hand full of kibble and I will stop feeding the troll. No matter how hard he tries to troll me. I promise.

...just another clueless pof blowhard spouting off.

Pot, meet kettle.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 345 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 9/9/2018 12:52:21 PM
Someone emailed me and said “ Mr. Cash referred to you as his friend, which I know you are not, and then was nuked by ata again because ata was accusing him of being Tall ”. I also see that his Frank antagonizing pirated profile of LOLTrump was also nuked the other day. By ata? Who knows but ata will surely deny it.

It looks like ata is, as Cash accused, the “delete King” but there will never be a way to actually know who did it.

Let me say that I have had issues with Joe. Not just with his many J Cash handles but also several others of his earlier usernames over the years. I still have no use for the man. When I first realized who J Cash was I thought the J should stand for Jackass, not Joe. That is just me I suppose. About the only thing Joe and I saw eye to eye on was a hatred for Frank. But I never reported Frank and I still say that Joes boasting about deleting him was just Joe having lucky timing then blowing his own horn and strutting around yelling LOOK WHAT I DID. Regardless, he should never stand accused of being Tall IQ. No one other than Steve himself should be accused of being Tall IQ

I never before saw Cash, under any of his incarnations, accused of being Steve, AKA Tall IQ, Tall_IQ, Moderate_Recall, and others that I cannot recall. He and Steve often went at each other too. Just a quick example I found was post 498 in this thread:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16439129datingPostpage20.aspx
This was during the first Great Troll Wars, AKA Delete Fest, of 2015 where Cash is discussing Steve under one of his other non-Tall IDs, CastObserver.

Tall openly appealed to his backers or Gang (or whatever term he used), to report users he considered to break the rules. Tall tried repeatedly to get Markus to “hire” him as a forum moderator. These accusations were proven during the Tall thread. Cash hasn’t been within a whisker of those tactics.

Steve and Cash’s posting and writing style are so unalike I find it difficult to see how anyone intelligent could seriously consider them the same person. Maybe you could elaborate.(?)

So, Cash is gone, for now, and that is a good thing. I hope he stays away. Nevertheless, he has likely recreated another profile already. And, even if not, I am sure he is reading this.

OK, I’ll let all y’all get back to your God/no-God discussion.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 5 (view)

Ads Account Unable to Login
Posted: 8/10/2018 3:52:39 AM
Cash, you pompous ass, I am not your buddy. And try not to fat-finger my username, which you openly covet.
 ForumLurker

Reset password email I didn't request...
Posted: 8/7/2018 5:39:46 PM
Were you able to access the dating site and forums with your old password? If so it is likely a fishing mail. Do not reply or respond to it.

To be safe, go ahead and create a new password for both POF and the email you received the notice on.
 ForumLurker

Not allowed to upload new pictuers
Posted: 8/7/2018 5:36:13 PM
Smitten,
This has happened in the past. Sometime it corrected itself, sometimes it did not. For those that it didn't correct itself they had to close their profile and create a new one.

Good luck.
 ForumLurker

Contacting A User who has Blocked Me
Posted: 8/5/2018 12:57:13 PM

Is there any other way of contacting him?

No, not if he has you blocked.

Why don't you just block him back and move on?
 ForumLurker
Msg: 1785 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/27/2018 4:40:09 PM
Heartburn
 ForumLurker
Msg: 1783 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/27/2018 4:16:51 PM
KJ, I wish you made that offer when we were talking on St Patricks’ Day. I had a breakfast date the next morning with a lovely lady I met at a St Patricks’ party.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 25 (view)

POF Message Board Emoticons
Posted: 7/19/2018 6:10:13 PM
OK then.
Not sure what your complaint is. I thought you were looking for some of the codes so I posted that link with between 150 and 175 good codes.

Good luck with whatever your issue is.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 22 (view)

POF Message Board Emoticons
Posted: 7/19/2018 5:57:23 PM
Tron,
Look at post 345 and 346 here:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/15823718datingPostpage14.aspx

This guy listed a lot of what you are looking for. There ar alos a lot of other codes posted in the pages of that thread but back again’s lists are pretty good.
 ForumLurker

faves!
Posted: 7/14/2018 1:29:57 AM
Only you can see the list of whom you have marked as a favorite.

When you mark someone as a favorite POF emails the person a notice that so-and-so favored him or her. Your name will then show on their list of who has marked them as a favorite. That list too is only visible to the user and not public.

ForumLurker
Msg: 30 (view)

How do i unblock someone?
Posted: 7/12/2018 5:52:56 PM
What is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to unblock someone you previously blocked? Or are you trying to unblock someone who blocked you?

If you are trying to unblock someone you previously blocked I can try to walk you thru it. If you are trying to remove a block someone placed on you, you cannot do that.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 9 (view)

users that have blocked me contacting me
Posted: 7/8/2018 4:21:23 PM
Your profile is 12 years or so old. You are not used to this yet?

Just accept it and move on already.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 14 (view)

Incorrect password message and unable to reset
Posted: 7/8/2018 4:15:58 PM
You are welcome Love.
:)
 ForumLurker
Msg: 4 (view)

Proof of Blocking Error/Bug - sorted once, but happened again
Posted: 7/4/2018 12:33:28 PM
Mr. Lucky,
You posted as I was composing.

Another point I want to make.
If this is some type of site glitch – they are many and common – we will surely see more postings about it.

You have been here three and a half years. Like all of us, you should be used to being blocked even by ladies who you seemed to be hitting it off with.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 3 (view)

Proof of Blocking Error/Bug - sorted once, but happened again
Posted: 7/4/2018 12:27:45 PM
Believe it or not, there are no moderators in these forums. The last one left years ago.

The POF staff never reads them either, let alone responding to requests. As I have said many times, these forums are in a Twilight Zone.

As to a user accidently blocking you see message 4 by that windbag J Cash in this thread…
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16714095.aspx
He actually nailed it on the head about the probability of being accidently blocked.

Mutually being blocked by the site and not each other? That is a new wrinkle. Also extremely unlikely. Possible but again, not likely.
 ForumLurker

STOP SENDING ME EMAIL
Posted: 7/1/2018 4:34:12 PM

No way to unsubscribe, cant remember my login, cant opt out to SPAM

Then how did you log in here???

If this is the same account you are trying to delete then you remembered your log in.

An optional way of deleting your profile that I have suggested before is to post a bunch of nude photos, send out notes to 100 random users, then click yes to 100 meet me's in a row and you won't be here long.

But again, if you logged in here you have your password. Unless you are trying to delete another profile. And that is a whole different conversation.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 7 (view)

Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 6/23/2018 7:12:52 AM
Cash, do us all a favor and crawl back in your hole and stay there.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 12 (view)

_____ Wants to Meet You!! Emails - fake users
Posted: 6/22/2018 3:59:18 AM
About a year or two ago they added the “Super Yes” button on the Meet Me. They should have also added a button labeled “Oh HELL no!!”.
 ForumLurker

Really?? Child pornography??????
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:56:41 AM
I could not wait for you to read my post and call the authorities. I have forwarded a link to this forum page to the appropriate authorities to investigate further.

If your claim is not a fallacy and you want to do the proper thing and follow up, here are links to agencies:

Rockingham County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division
http://www.rcso-va.com/criminal-investigations.html

Virginia State Police
http://www.vsp.virginia.gov/index.shtm

FBI Crimes Against Children (CAC)
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/cac

The Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Program (iCAC)
https://www.icactaskforce.org/
 ForumLurker

Really?? Child pornography??????
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:06:59 AM
As to your accusation of child pornography. CALL THE POLICE!! CALL THE FBI!! CALL RIGHT NOW!!! Report POF for being complicit in the dissemination and distribution of child pornography.
……………………………………………………………………………………………….

I have been on and off POF for more than ten years and I have NEVER, let me repeat, N E V E R received anything close to child pornography from any POF mail.

You might be a ten year loyal customer but you obviously are new to the forums both reading and posting. That is painfully obvious by this post for a multitude of reasons. Some of which include, but are not limited to:
1. There is a plethora of threads and posts with complaints about this very issue – less the child pornography part -over the last year or more of your ten year loyalty.
2. POF administration abandoned the forums years ago. Long before “Markus” sold the site to the Match Group. Nobody from POF pays any attention to the forums outside of the event forums. That fact too is continuously pointed out in posts.

POF doesn’t give a rat’s ass or else they would have gotten on top of the issue over a year ago.

You state this has been an issue “Within the last several months”. This has been an issue much, MUCH longer than that. Besides, this profile you are posting from is just short of one month old.

I realize that you may have had numerous profiles but your post claim of being a ten year loyal customer would hold more water if your profile creation date was more than a month old.
Just saying.

ForumLurker
Msg: 17 (view)

how do i stop my profile coming up on web/google search
Posted: 6/15/2018 5:41:15 PM

I dont know who to call anymore, I spoke with the police, they told me is a CIVIL MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds about right.

I can tell you who to call if you want POF ”to be sue by people”.
Call an attorney.
If you want a lawsuit filed against a party you have to file the lawsuit and a suit against Match Group, that owns POF and likely has a team of lawyers on staff and entire law firms on retainer, will require the help of a team of lawyers to have a snowball’s chance of success.

They are crooks and thefts..
I do not understand. What did they steal from you?!??

Anyone can type my phone nr
Every profile is available via Google.
Somebody would already need to know you to some extent in order to have your phone number for a Google search.

Now, about your current profile…
If your user name DanielaPower is your real name and you live in Calgary, Alberta as your profile lists, or anywhere close to Calgary, how hard do you think it will be for people to find out everything they want to know about you. It is a cakewalk to find a person’s social media accounts, address, number of people in your household along with their names and ages, your employer, your address and all your phone numbers, etc. etc.

The onus is upon you to protect yourself and understand risks when putting yourself out there in cyber space.

goes into my deleted pof account, my account is DELETED, All of you do you understand,,,,and come up with all informations about me.

Always keep in mind the often repeated warning; “anything you put on the internet will always be on the internet.
 ForumLurker

Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:26:11 PM
Yes, you can reuse a user name an unlimited number of times.

Just look at how many times KJ recreated a profile with the exact same name. Or look at the full of himself Mr_J_Cash posting history. He comes in, stirs up trouble, deletes his profile (or gets deleted by user reports), creates a new Mr_J_Cash same day and lays in wait to come out of the woodwork a few months or years later to attack someone (usually Frank). He makes his noise again and deletes his profile. When he comes back, his creation date is the same as his previous Mr_J_Cash profiles last posting date. He has had at least 6 or 7 profiles with the exact same used name Mr_J_Cash. I just checked and he has a current profile under that name even though his last Mr_J_Cash profile was deleted. He has also stolen some of Franks user names when Frank was deleted.

So yes, you can reuse a user name. The two exceptions I can think of would be if: (A)Someone else quickly swooped in and created a profile with that name between the time you closed your account and tried to create a new profile. (B)Or if your profile was banned by the site administration along with a block on your user name. But that is a pretty rare occurrence.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 21 (view)

Delete your profile using the cellphone app?
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:54:00 PM
If you cannot or will not take the time to figure out the process to close your profile here is a sure fire alternative:
1) Put a bunch of nude pictures on your profile. (NOT OF YOURSELF – PLEASE!)
2) Go to the Meet Me page and click “YES” on about 100 photos.
3) Open 100 random profiles and send a flirt.

I guarantee your profile won’t be around long after that!

Show ALL Forums