Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 16 (view)

Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:15:45 PM
I'd say this thread is closed.....answer has been strewn across for the last page or so.I suppose you have your answer.....
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 4 (view)

I need advice please!
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:58:10 PM
I'm not really sure what to tell ya mate... I mean I'm happy you were dedicated to a woman you "Thought" you loved but this type of negativity occurs and we learn from it. I'm still a virgin and I am also green around the proverbial ears and have made silly mistakes such as this but as long as we can walk away from every encounter then that is truly our biggest silver lining. I know it seems cruel and insensitive but she just isn't as mature as you are and though she may or may not be as of now she will always hold a spacial place in her heart for you; wondering what ever happened to the one that got away so to speak. If I were you I'd salvage the last bits of your life while you can and cut your ties with her before you give up more of your life in a one sided relationship. Run to whatever pulls you the most money (though you will become lonely) and THEN worry about completing yourself in the since of romantic endeavors....Maybe she'll wait maybe you won't but for gods sake mate stabilize yourself before you try and save another in distress. I wish you luck and by no means do I believe this situation is easy or black and white.
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 6 (view)

The evil web we weave...
Posted: 10/1/2009 1:08:52 AM

HIM: bipolar disorder, or coke-fueled bender

Wow Idk how people in where ever it is you're from do it BUT men from the mid to Southern part of Florida flirt,& flatter lol.

All jokes aside, you're 21 and he's 4o something and saying all of this stuff in jest more than likely. For you to take every word some well paid, relatively young, NEW guy has told you makes you nieve and truly unready for a relationship. I think you were looking to be spoiled and it just spiraled into something you attached feelings to and now the beast in which you've fabricated is running around in your mind untamed. Good luck but don't and I mean DON'T make things awkward to the point where one of the two of you are in a position to loose your jobs. Nine times out of ten younger people(such as ourselves) are the one's to get axed before the degree holding individual oozing more experience in his specialized field than we have work experience as adults (ie four years ago).
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 25 (view)

How many women would admit to this????
Posted: 10/1/2009 12:52:22 AM
OP,you're just being honest & who are we to bombard you w/ our criticism. I understand that you may want a one on one relationship but seeing different men one or two times a month means hopefully you both are interested in a friendly physical relationship; I see nothing wrong with having a few (ie less than three) people like this but it ends up getting dangerous when you chance three different relationships sprouting from different fronts.All and all have fun but you must remember that life is filled with people who we can "Pass the time" with but when it gets down to it all of that fruitless fun time could of been used to make meaningful connections either on a life long friend base or love to last a lifetime sort of thing.

(Saw an interesting documentary about ancient Rome and they touched on the whole pleading to the crowd for overall opinion of if a down and basically out gladiator would live. It would be in the middle and if it went down it meant he'd live and if it stayed at the mid level after fluctuating because he was a neurotic desensitized individual of high clout and he would more than likely always want to play to his citizen the person would then be executed for it was kind of a "Time in" sort of thing. Long story sort play on Play but don't expect any of these dudes to meet the parents anytime soon if ever)
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 12 (view)

At what age were you truly ready?
Posted: 9/27/2009 4:05:59 PM
Good question mate; I'd say when you realize people are people. Granted different cultures have different values but all of us zany inhabitants on this mixed up planet are either male, female, or both.

Oh I prob should of said this....I have this theory that women out side of the states are more approachable for some reason. So I must realize that women are women ut hey that's just me (shrugs).
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 7 (view)

What do you do in this situation.. Curious what people think
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:14:44 PM
Yay a topic that I know all too well! This has happened to me countless times with a woman I WAS interested in not too long ago; if you don't bring up the cancellation I believe it will become a habitual thing. That being said the fact that she was talking to you on the phone and then totally disregarded you then has the nerve to tell some random dude that she was into him while you go out of your way to not only accommodate her but her two mates as well says it all, MOVE ON MATE. Trust me, when that situation arises it's best to cut ties and walk away if not just cut the phone banter and let the ball rest in her court for a while. I'd still take her to the party and treat it like a friend thing but she sounds like the type of woman that would linger around you for the duration of a party and give other people the idea that the two of you are an item if she felt bored, that same boredom is a deterrent for "Single Available" who might hit it of with you.The choice is yours and yours alone,...

P.S. How was the dinner party? I believe you did the right thing, have a kick ass dinner party planned for you and a few mates and invite a woman your interested in along to boot. I tried to make my "home dates" just the two of us and when she canceled(I think she canceled like a million times; or maybe 25.whatever sounds more plausible) it was devastating. Got past that, always buy a decent bottle of champagne for if she blows you of you'll at least have a good drink.
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 5 (view)

Do you live alone?
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:41:10 PM
I hope you don't answer those questions, sounds like the beginning of the "I'm going to rape you checklist". Not to be crass but that's a creepy question, also what in the hell makes you think you'll ever see my house; rather your house. I hope you just instantly block on that situation, could be potentially dangerous. I say that for just a week ago I came across my first POF rape thread(OP just mentioned it, entire thread wasn't about the incident) and found though the playful banter and cute smile avatars are but one portion of this site, their will always be the human sinister and depraved individual that has breached the walls & walks among us. BE AWARE friend .

P.S sorry for the run on sentence their, Ramadan is kicking my ass
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 3 (view)

Orgasm Too Fast...?
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:08:28 PM

if you are with any man that had a clue to what he was doing....he would give you a 2 to 3 minute rest by concentrating elsewhere and then return to give you another one, then another one, then another one (get the point here?).

Nice tip, have to use that one some day.Granted I'd first have to meet a woman with a premature orgasm problem JK
 OkieTokie88

explain this to me, make me understand
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:05:38 PM
Idk, don't really see how any one of us POF'ers are qualified to diagnose someones dating expertise if not methodology rather lack their of in this case. I wish you luck but if you're outgoing enough and show interest in a sincere manner it should be smooth sailing. Not saying you're on a one way ticket to sex, but I'm sure you would be able to wrangle a date.....hell even coffee.

Good luck
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 14 (view)

My Best Friend's Girl
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:21:45 PM
Wow so many good answers......But I want to address the dude who spoke of his son being 21 and he was sweating the draft....seriously? Your son worries about the draft;only draft like initiative that might ever happen in America would be conscription and that's a hell of'a stretch.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 28 (view)

Third Date Rule ? NYC 20-somethings
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:33:02 AM
So having a date with someone three times automatically means sex will ensue? Really I thought predetermining the number of dates one will go on before having sex with some faceless nameless individual just made you a whore....wow I just learned something
 Okietokie88
Msg: 8 (view)

Wimps vs. Warriors
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:23:58 AM
Ok if their are only two kinds of men I can live with that I'm a whimp meah I've been worse....BUT, what do you call a woman who divides the world into two categories and doesn't even have the decency to either leave the profile pic blank or put a picture of herself in it...so if I'm a whimp does that make you a coward?
 Okietokie88
Msg: 83 (view)

The Four favourite questions guys love to ask....
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:56:26 AM
I like this thread and i don't really see much of a question in the OP post BUT.....Mine would be( that is if I was in this type of relationship with someone of the opposite sex)
1)Do you mind that I don't like head?
2)I don't know or care if you scan quirt or have yet to squirt for I'll make it happen BUT; will you look at me differently if I swallow ?
3)Do you shave, and if so why?
4)What is "TOO" long for foreplay?

wow thanks POF, you're helpin' me get through Friday!
 Okietokie88
Msg: 13 (view)

Is he lying?!!
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:49:17 AM
This is the funniest thing i've read all day lol... you must join Tranceaddict, you'll make a nice addition to the "COR"

He's lying, just have to say.Anything that is the "Best" is truly only that good in retrospectively of course. Still don't know never been "sucked off"
 Okietokie88
Msg: 152 (view)

Music you enjoy dancing to and hearing the most at POF events
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:38:07 AM
Ok anything by Depeche Mode, Ladytron, or the Wu Tang Clan

If this isn 't eclectic enough for you then sir and or madam we shan't continue this love affair any longer, good day!
 Okietokie88
Msg: 11 (view)

How Long Before You're Comfortable To Meet Her Friends -?
Posted: 8/21/2009 8:18:30 AM
I have to agree with a previous poster and go for C; I'll meet them any time and any place. I do understand that their "Should" be a strong connection that both share but I've had a faint feeling affirmed by friends and eliminated as well.

I'm a big boy, I can handle myself in a foreign environment. I enjoy showing the person I am interested in that part of me, that and my anatomy
 Okietokie88

3 days... worth starting something?
Posted: 8/19/2009 2:06:34 PM
Idk I'd go for it BUT idk what does everybody mean by life's too short....what is it that you do that's longer than life?

P.S. like the 2nd poster said,"You'll never see each other again" idc (I don't care) if you see him two or even three months later the person that you say good bye to will be lost to you forever as the person he says good bye to. you two SHOULD be growing exponentially each and every day so to pontificate in the here in now is just another lesson in futility in its most simple form....

Good Luck
 OkieTokie88

Are we going camping this fall????
Posted: 8/18/2009 8:09:02 PM
I'm down,I've yet to make a POF event so I defiantly want to partake in this one!!!
 Okietokie88
Msg: 15 (view)

Doesn't EVERYONE like oral sex?
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:38:46 PM
IDK about the poster above but I too enjoy going down on a woman rather than receive head. Don't know that's always the way I've been, but most guys like it as long as they didn't have a bad experience. I have a mate who will NEVER let a woman perform fellatio on him due to a teeth to nut injury but hey to each his own .
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 50 (view)

good body or face?
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:36:53 AM
Never had a women ask about the Butta(Usually But'er {her}) Face lol but personality means the world to me...I've never really been attracted to anyone who wasn't good looking well at least to me..i guess I'm like the hundreds of other responses that skirted around an answer
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 18 (view)

Friday night date feature
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:57:59 PM
Where is this "Date night" feature
 OkieTokie88

Playing games
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:56:48 PM
Glad to see a like minded individual in the same state, it's refreshing to know other people are vexed with similar problems as I.....I wish you luck but if he can't pick up on you being playful and witty then he truly isn't on your level and he just did you a huge favor in that regard so send him some flowers, just hope he understand the gesture
 OkieTokie88

The Stars?
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:26:19 PM
Good question, I saw another thread about this earlier today....

I do in fact read my horoscope from time to time but that's about as far as I take it. I mean I've never gone as far as finding out a woman's birthday and immediately run to the net to see our compatibility but I don't see anything wrong with doing that either. Its what you do with the information that truly matters, its all fun and games to an extent but some people base their entire lives around that ish and that's not good.
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 8 (view)

Why are guys on this site?
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:21:09 PM

What percentage of guys really want long term relationships on this site? All of them say that is what they want but it seems to me all they really want is sex. What happened to getting to know each other for awhile? I am confused.

Hmm I think we all could just put a mirror up and face it right back at cha? How many women feel the girth of the online dating sensation as a right to not respond or acknowledge perfectly good men in hopes of a perfect man who has it all.....just saying.

As to your question, I think at this stage of the proverbial game all of us are here believe in a long lasting relationship BUT were aware of the hardships involved in the online dating arena. I myself would be up for it but I'm not going to through my standards by the wayside because a dazzled up profile and a woman who shows interest.....for the time being.

Not saying I'm not open to it but I read countless threads about women and men who let their guard down because they thought all on the net were as hard pressed as they were for lack of a better term and low and behold they get burned when tall tell signs where in front of them from the very beginning.

Okietokie88
Msg: 22 (view)

A question about Oral sex
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:25:31 AM
I agree with Outdoorgirlsunshine my President said it's not sex so damn'it it's not oral sex...I don't particularly lke receiving oral sex, but I love giving. I could do it all day, I tried once but that basically drove her wild and she said it actually began to "hurt" after about an hour an a half of oral...idk thank you
 Okietokie88

what does THIS mean?
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:09:03 AM

Funny thing is he has no problem wanting to come over to try and have sex though! Such a guy thing to do....or am I wrong about that?? lol.

I think it's every guys God given right to throw that line out their when ending a relationship. For the most part no guy really thinks it'll happen BUT you'll never know until you do it.....right?
 Okietokie88

I have a question about phone calls.....
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:24:44 AM
my Pot smoking friend is pretty spot on, I'm sure he was just fadded but I'm sure he's still into you.
 Okietokie88

Is college really date central?
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:00:37 AM
I'm in school now and I understand the whole low dates issue, seems like allot of women aren't into the conventional type thing which I can't blame them for. I haven't had too many dates myself but you know I have found the more you care about you class or major and pay little to no attention to dating and ish; the sooner you find someone that might be smitten and taken back by your non abrasive attitude. Granted you must still be a bit flirtty at times but all and all do you and women will come just enjoy this part of your life and look back in glee
 Okietokie88
Msg: 10 (view)

Sadomasochism..yeah i started it...lets talk about it!
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:49:42 AM
I'm into it, I had a mistress for a good while but I've since grown out of the non intimate portion of it. I wouldn't mind having a GF that doubled as a mistress but having a woman in which no shared connection administer "Discipline" seems asinine but to each his own.

I always wanted to open a dungeon here in Florida but I don't know if it would catch on
 Okietokie88
Msg: 54 (view)

Rim Job?
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:39:38 AM
I had a friend surprisingly enough say he liked women rimming him, to me it seems like something that might be a bit better male to female but I'm not judging. I've always wanted to flip a woman over and rim around for lack of a better term when I go down on a woman but for the most pat their is always an unstated state of hesitancy when prior preparation isn't done lol that is if you don't have enough and personality i suppose
 Okietokie88
Msg: 38 (view)

Whats up with all these Virgins
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:36:07 AM
I don't mind being a male Virgin, I mean I did when I was younger but the older I get the more I see the importance of waiting for the right person. It sucks when you have a lady friend that you're smitten with that you don't know but the absolute last thing I want to do is become obsessed with someone so that lingers in my head at times as well. I don't feel ashamed but I do play it close to the vest if you catch my drift lol
 OkieTokie88

after 7 months, what the heck???
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:08:07 AM
F this guy, he sounds like an indecisive putz if you ask me. Who is he to take offense of your messy house and your lack of a degree. As long as you're doing your life on your own I can't for the life of me see what type of qualms he is harboring. I know it hurts but take this time apart to reflect on yourself, and remember the pain in which you are now feeling for it is the tortuous sting of your lovers scornful tactics. I don't believe you deserve this for from the sounds of it you've done everything in your power to be the best "Mate" this guy could asked for and yet he plays games with your heart and soul.

The counsel has spoke
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 71 (view)

What would you do if you found $20?
Posted: 8/8/2009 3:55:04 PM
I'd spend it on advertisements, about $20 worth then place them all over town.
 OkieTokie88

TAMPA BAY FINALLY!!!!
Posted: 8/8/2009 3:51:18 PM
Yea, were getting closer but that's still the outskirts of Tampa. Ah I can't complain the others are in Valrico at times. I'll try to make it out to this,have to support the TPA POF events.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 31 (view)

What would you do if you found $20?
Posted: 8/4/2009 2:46:31 PM
My good friend and I always kinda find free stuff and we've decided if we find any money we'll just buy a 12 pack or bottle and have a great night. It'd be nice to turn it in but as long as you use it with a friend all of the negative karma should be negated.
 OkieTokie88

will i ever be able to regain his trust?
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:06:54 AM
Wow that's a dewzy of a question but here goes................ I think you did the right thing by writing the letter so kudos for that, and even more so that you followed through and texted him after to see if he had read it. I think you've done all you can in the sense of being apologetic.I believe since you've acknowledged the hurt you caused him you wouldn't be out of line to mindfully move past that when re initiating contact that may or may not lead to conversations that walk the path of the road shaded in trust, redemption, and bountiful bliss
 OkieTokie88

Time trials
Posted: 7/27/2009 9:15:20 PM
lol you guys are the best I want to thank all of you for the help. I called her! I left a ridiculous message but she called back and shot me a text! She seems chill we talked for about a half hour and we might converse again to night but I'm sure I'll talk to her tomorrow. She's younger than me which is kind of.....but who she seems intelegent and interesting so I can't ask for more.
 OkieTokie88

Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:37:15 PM
As a former coffee jockey I can give you a bit of advice.....become different and criticize Starbucks whenever the joke permits,most people who work a coffee shops are intelligent and realize what we do is detrimental to the world and feeds only the corporate fat cats making gobs of money at the expense of cheap labor and naive customers....i know it seems snide but trust me, to date Ive never met a barista that'll ever spew praises of their job when having to work mornings and all hours of the night. sounds dumb but trust me bro, good luck and if that fails talk about the last three things you've read.....all and all all we do is read, drink coffee, and talk about how after the cigarette in our hand were quitting for good lol
 OkieTokie88
Msg: 1 (view)

Time trials
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:21:15 PM
Hello,this is my first post out side of the general account questions do please be kind.That being said I've got a bit of a question..........I went to Publix after deciding not to see a perfectly good gypsy punk band and was more than likely visibly distort to say the least so I thought a twelver( 12 pck lof beer) would turn that frown right side round . I get my beer and walk to the check out line and the younger more attractive woman of the two(at least to me) lanes open was dealing with the last fare the wells with her customer so I chose the older( 60's) of the two. After asking her if I should see the show we chit chatted it up and I made eye contact with the younger cashier of the two(behind the older woman's lane). Having low self esteem I thought nothing of it an went on with my business. While walking out I hear some one behind me so I turn and low an behold it was the younger cashier telling me,"I seem like a chill dude", not knowing what to do I say thank you and think about her smile until I make it about half way to my car when I realized if I left I'd never get a better opportunity to meet a woman.so I turn around and go back,thank fully her lane was open and I pick up a pack of gum to make it look like I had real business but we all knew what I had come back for. The minute I open my mouth she shushes me and says," I'll write it on the back of your recipte" which works for me lol .I walk out and three fourths of the way to my car a bagger ran out and gave me the gum I just paid for so then I was really busted but I didn't care for I knew she was feeling me.

How long should I wait to text,I mean I know she at least is interested but this is the 1st grocery number I've ever gotten so I don't know protocol. ....any help would be greatly appreciated and yay I received a beautiful woman's number
 Okietokie88

Shaved bald, fuzzy, or full head of hair ladies?
Posted: 7/27/2009 3:23:10 PM
I've seen a few bald women that are effeminate enough to pull it of. It's too broad a thought with such a hair style. I like my hair on a woman but if there are no drapes their best be a full carpet lol
 Okietokie88

Are you becoming more set in your ways, making you less likely to find a realtionship?
Posted: 7/27/2009 2:55:53 PM
I have to agree with poster number two, we think we want this that and the other but when the right person comes along all of that changes. I know we have to be set in our ways but as long as you're flexible then your ok.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 12 (view)

Seeing a hot person of opposite sex
Posted: 7/27/2009 2:12:19 PM
I'd say slim to none, I mean I think to myself wow she's beautiful but 9 times out of 10 the women that allot of men say things about are dressing for said sexual attention and in cases like that I usually glimpse peripherally but make a mindful effort not to validate anyone by incroaching on my personal views of sexuality.
 Okietokie88

do friends kiss you sleep with you and hug you ?
Posted: 7/27/2009 1:48:08 PM
Damn dude what's up wit that lol.Seriously I don't see the logic behind all of that,if they are a "friend" I don't see much wrong with physical connections. As long as their is a mutual understanding and line in which either understand and acknowledge. I understand if you're in a room full of single women and you don't want to cme off as unavailable but I cuddle with ,kiss, hug and say I love you at times to a good amount of my female friends.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 45 (view)

Ask weight & measurements before meeting- ignoring photos?
Posted: 7/27/2009 1:43:12 PM
I think, hmm I wouldn't ask. Maybe it's me and my "hey men out number women on the internet like 5 to 1" logic but if the communication is their id just as soon meet the person. Pictures, numbers, descriptions, etc don't mean much for attraction either you like how they look or you don't but the only way to find out is face to face.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 46 (view)

What Have You Done Lately For......YOURSELF To Make You Happy???
Posted: 7/22/2009 12:58:51 PM
I haven't done anything terribly special for myself all summer.Blast I have sooooo much work to get done to day but I think I'll hit the deck for a slice and a beer on the way home.It's the least I can do for myself on this most sanctimonious wed. afternoon.

Okietokie88
Msg: 14 (view)

Cosmic Bowling & Dancing New Port Richey August 8 2009
Posted: 7/22/2009 12:18:41 PM
Sounds like fun,I'm glad to hear the under 20 part for it leads me to believe that people in my demographi'll show up(18-23). How far away from Tampa would you say this is,ah ha the power of google maps
 Okietokie88
Msg: 63 (view)

POF Fun Saturday, June 13, 09 Clearwater - 13Cafe & Lounge
Posted: 6/11/2009 1:31:06 PM
Hello all,I'm in my twenties but would like to attend said event.Would you say I'd be out of place,granted I have a job,am educated, read current events,and love I mean absolutely love to dance not have sex on the dance floor but dance......just looking for genuine feedback,I've heard of younger women going to said meet and greets and being well received(by the men of course) but I don't know about the opposite.I don't want people to immediately write me off as some young buck looking for his sugar Ma'Ma.....

Thanks in advance for any and all help and I'll see all of you on the 13th!

It's a pants party and everyone is invited
 Okietokie88
Msg: 67 (view)

My boyfriend always needs to diss me
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:52:30 PM
WOw allot of women seem so "Emotional" to say the least.I mean he's saying it all in jest,don't be so sensitive,I'm sure his streak of smartassdom didn't occur over night so either suck it up and play with the boys or demit to his jovial remarks and find some winy little guy to be your night in shining armor.I'm sure that's what you want,some overlly emotional guy that cry's if you walk past him without touching.....jeez,
 Okietokie88
Msg: 17 (view)

GF boring in bed getting to point where i'm not interested in her at all
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:59:32 AM
Word,I've been through this and it sucks but it is what it is.I like how you want to help and all but it's an internal issue that must be truly addressed before a healthy relationship can be forged.Try couples counseling ,granted it more than likely wont work but you never know until ya go.
 Okietokie88

young men, best lovers ???
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:47:41 AM
I don't know,I'd think a younger man would want to please his older lover as a since of validation.I mean intimidation followed by sexual activity is nothing but "I have to fair against the more experienced".Just my two cents.

Show ALL Forums