Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Your Favorite Music Bands
 NuMeNow
Msg: 12 (view)

Your Favorite Music Bands
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:14:03 PM

Earth, Wind & Fire

Parliament-Funkadelic

Prince

NuMeNow
Msg: 2 (view)

Don Cornelius dead at 75--from suicide
Posted: 2/1/2012 4:22:17 PM
...just saw this on the news...an ‘apparent suicide’...I’m always saddened to hear about suicide...imo such a senseless and selfish act.

Hard to imagine life before MTV...but there was... and Soul Train was a big part of it.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 10 (view)

What difference does it make?
Posted: 2/1/2012 4:08:31 AM
^^^^

The fun thing to think is "It's because until now, she hadn't had the chance to meet ME!!!!"

Great way to think about it
 NuMeNow
Msg: 8 (view)

What difference does it make?
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:48:20 AM

What difference does it make how long we are here looking for a mate?

To me, it makes no difference. I’ve been on and off the site over the years and use it as only one way to meet others. If I happen to find someone on here...great...if not...c’est la vie!!... I still live my life...and enjoy it.

This is a dating site...some may just be serial daters and will never find the person they want to settle down with, while others are taking the time to find that person...and as far as I know there is no time limit attached to finding a person with whom I would be willing to commit to.

What do you think when you see someone here for months or even sadly, years at a time?

Actually that does not factor in. Being out here in the forums you get to see that people have been here for all lengths of time...some are actively seeking partners, some are trolling, some are just out here for the forums...

As long as a "best before date" doesn't appear on our profiles...then it's all good

Do you make assumptions about the quality of the person?

I try not to make assumptions...however some profiles and forum responses have had me making an 'educated guess' as to what that person might be like...
 NuMeNow

How do you message a girl when her profile...
Posted: 2/1/2012 3:15:38 AM
Honestly...why would you want to bother with someone who comes across bitter and jaded??? or not really giving a damn???

So basically you only have a picture to go on...and you want to contact them. Well I guess you say something along the lines of “I just saw your profile and thought I would contact you...if you feel that we have some common interests let me know...”

...Still trying to figure out why you would bother!!!!
 NuMeNow
Msg: 41 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:43:36 PM
As long as it is appropriate for the event/situation/workplace..etc., then the hemline should not be an issue...even over the age of 50. I personally would not wear a mini skirt...but that’s me. Most of my dresses/skirts are between 1-2 inches above the knee and I don’t think this is likely to change anytime soon.

I really don’t thing age/size is as much of an issue as the appropriateness of the outfit.

I’ve seen plus size women, of all ages, in short skirts/dresses – business/c0cktail type outfits, who carry them well. Their outfits are made out of fabrics that do not cling but rather compliment. I’ve also seen 20/30 somethings that are in great shape, however have chosen to wear tight mini’s in a professional work environment...not the best wardrobe choice. However, if they were out with friends or clubbing...not a problem.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 10 (view)

Am I doing something silly?
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:31:17 AM
I thought pic 3 was the one of you sitting on the bench wearing glasses....

Out of all your pics I thought this one was the better one. Although glasses are not ideal...it would have worked until you had the chance to add more.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 4 (view)

Looking for womens opinions on bald men
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:00:44 AM

I was looking for the womans veiw on wether or not they found men who shaved their heads attractive or not.

Since you asked...yes, I find some men who shave their heads attractive...just like I find some men who don't shave their heads attractive...
 NuMeNow

Am I doing something silly?
Posted: 1/31/2012 2:44:04 AM
..." change all your pics to show the mature you..".

Have to agree with this...your pictures are the first thing a women sees. You're pictures come accross as goofy and silly ...nothing wrong with that, as long as you have other pictures that balance out and show a mature side.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 6 (view)

Women who don't write anything on their profiles.
Posted: 1/31/2012 2:30:15 AM
What's a man to do with this type of woman...

...nothing you can do about that. However, if you find her attractive send her an email, invite her to read your profile, ask her something about herself, etc....if she likes what she sees/reads she will respond....if not she wont...that's about all you can do.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 24 (view)

When your partner cheats, who should you be mad at?
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:19:07 AM
I would be initially angry/upset/disappointed with my partner (and soon to be ex-partner) if they cheated, but since holding onto these emotions, imo, is not productive those feelings would soon subside and they would become something of the past.

As for the person they cheated with. That would definitely not warrant any of my time or energy even if it was someone I knew.

Consequently, for a period of time I would expect that I would be more angry/upset/disappointed in myself for not being able to detect the type of warning signals that would have led my partner to cheat. Sometimes that might not be possible to see, however since I usually do not dwell on things I would move on because someone who cheats does not deserve my time or energy.
 NuMeNow

A guy's living environment
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:15:41 AM

What sorts of things turn you away?

*Untidy or unclean washrooms
*Ratty old towels
*Pet hair on furniture
*Posters taped to the wall...invest in frames

What sorts of things do you like to see in a guy's apartment?

*Things that reflect personality or interests, without going overboard.
*Some way of organizing things besides piling them in a corner

What sort of design style is appealing but not too feminine?

*Uncluttered
*Neutral colours
*Use of a few bold, colourful or large accent pieces to add pizazz
 NuMeNow
Msg: 25 (view)

Open marriages- do the work?
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:27:46 PM
Interesting...in the light of Newt Gingrich and his claim to an open marriage with his ex-wife, this was the topic of discussion on a local talk show radio the other day. As others have posted sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

The radio show also presented two different sides.

-One that worked: This couple stated that their open marriage works because it’s based on openness and honesty. They embrace polyamory. They also stated that it takes a lot of emotional energy, and ongoing commitment to complexity to make this type of relationship work.

-One that didn’t: It was quoted as being a polyamory disaster. The couple involved thought that bringing in new people would add adventure and spice up their sex life. However, they were wrong. Jealousy ultimately set in and their relationship eventually ended.

As for myself, I was brought up to not share drinks, not share my toothbrush and to not share mascara....therefore, there is not a chance in hell that I would be willing share someone I’m involved in with others or share myself with someone other than the person I’m involved with.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 17 (view)

A trip down Memory Lane!!!
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:18:45 PM
Maybe this is a Canadian thing, but does anyone remember the Kodiak puffy winter boots, the ones that you had the tongue hanging out to show the red lining???

...Wow, I do remember these. I remember them as 'Cougar Boots' though.
Read an article not too long ago in the Globe and Mail that these boots are making a comeback...at a suggested retail price of around $200...where's the BiWay when you need it???
 NuMeNow

Any musical theater fans?
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:01:01 PM
Count me in as a Musical Theatre fan. I think it stems from the fact that I grew up on Hollywood musicals and took ballet and tap classes forever.

I remember in elementary school singing the scores from ‘Oliver’ and playing music from ‘West Side Story’ on the recorder. The first musical (a school production) that I was in was ‘Camelot.’ Since I`m not a strong vocalist, I stuck to dancing.

Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to watch many musicals. Some of my favourites include ‘Umoja’, ‘Tommy’, ‘Cats’ and ‘Wicked’.

Currently, I am involved in a local production of Oliver and have had season tickets at one of our local community theatre for a number of years. I get to see five shows each season at the cost of one downtown show, a great way to support amazing local talent.

A couple of musicals that really surprised me, in a very good way, were Titanic and Urinetown. Plus I'd rather watch the Tony Awards than the Oscars.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2012 3:23:02 PM

Rollerskating to the Gap Band, Zapp, One Way,
Parliaments " one nation under a groove"

...Now I have the urge to watch “Roll Bounce” and blast those ‘Old School’ Funk songs on my ipod (aka my very mini ghetto blaster!!)...add "Give up on the Funk" and I`m there.

When I'm done I'm thinking a couple of episodes of the Brady Bunch, Bewitched and the Partridge Family will round out my evening.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2012 2:50:04 PM
^^^WKRP ran from 1978 - 1982...so both 70's and 80's

Wow...yes I remember skin tight jeans and lying on the bed to do them up...my sister would actually us a coat hanger to pull up the zipper.

Loved those rollerskating days...still have my skates and take them for a spin now and then. Also, I've introduced my children to it. As my daughter points out hanging out in the roller rink to me is what facebook is to her!!!!

Still own a Black and White, M.J. style leather jacket that the kids at school thought was really cool, when I loaned it to them for a Thriller number.

Still have a couple of olive green kitchen appliances that are still in great working condition.

Anyone out here willing to admit to owning MC Hammer Pants????
 NuMeNow
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2012 1:41:25 AM
Okay...Something on the light and fun side...I was given a desk calendar that I think is rather amusing (subjective). It is titled ‘You Know you’re 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s Old School when...” followed by a phrase about something that happened either during the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s.

While flipping through the pages although I have heard of some of the 60’s, most of the 80’s I would definitely classify myself as 70’s Old School. I shared some of the pages with colleagues of various generations and we found ourselves laughing and reminiscing about some of the items or events.

Therefore, I thought I would post a few here and hopefully others will get a chance to add a few of their own as we take a trip down memory lane.

You know you’re 60’s Old School when...
...you’re still waiting for the world to become like that of The Jetsons.
...you were in awe of Wilt “the Stilt” Chamberlain who scored 100 points in a single basketball game.
...you, as a teenage male, found your mojo while watching One Million Years BC starring Raquel Welch in a two-piece fur bikini.
...you knew that if you were dieting you drank Fresca or Tab.
...you used to have a collection of Troll dolls or Wishniks, with long, bright-coloured hair.
...you remember the hoopla when Petula Clark and Harry Belafonte sang an anti-war duet, arm-in-arm, on prime-time TV in ’68.
...you loved the 3-D stills of your favourite Disney cartoons as seen on a View-Master.

You know you’re 70’s Old School when...
...you know someone with a PET ROCK (I still have mine...well actually mine is a ROCK CONCERT!!)
...you remember the line by Vinnie Barbarino in the sitcom Welcome back, Kotter: “Up your nose with a rubber hose!”
...you learned A LOT from Schoolhouse Rock!
...you used to stay up really late just to watch the latest escapade of Mr. Bill, on Saturday Night Live.
...you loved ‘smoking’ Pop-eye candy cigarettes...and wonder when they changed them to ‘candy sticks.’
...you remember having to get off the couch to change the TV channel.
...you remember the days when “safe sex” meant “my parents are going out of town.”

You know you’re 80’s old school when....
...you and millions of other 10-year olds spent many hours twisting the RUBIK’S CUBE.
...you still have your original Nintendo, complete with duck Hunt and the gun.
...you learned to insert the word “like”, into, like, every sentence.
...you were shocked by some of the content in Degrassi Junior High.
...you skipped school on the day Luke and Laura got married on GH.
...your hair, at some point, was something that can only be described by the phrase “I was experimenting.”
...your first Walkman weighted about as much as a brick, but was awesome for listening to your mix-tapes.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 14 (view)

Cell Phone Provider
Posted: 1/21/2012 5:19:07 PM
Wow! my first thought was that this sounds so High School..."I can only hang out with those who wear x,y,z, or with those who shop at x,y,z or those who listen to x,y,z, or those who have x,y,z as their cell provider, etc." But perhaps after telling you he likes to text and you responded that you’d rather talk, he came to the conclusion, right or wrong, that you two would not be compatible and decided to move on.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 39 (view)

Should A POF member approach you in public?
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:28:57 AM
I think it would depend on the circumstances. I have seen a few people in RL whose profile I’ve seen on POF, through searching, and did not approach them. If someone was to come up to me and say ‘hello’ I don’t think it would bother me. However, I would hope they would be respectful of the environment I was in and tactful in their approach. If it was someone from the forums, I think that scenario might proceed differently especially if we have posted on similar threads. If the opportunity presented itself I think I would at least go over and say 'hello', still being conscious and respectful of their environment.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 13 (view)

Would you marry a girl 9 years older?
Posted: 1/20/2012 2:55:47 AM
Well if he seems to be worried about the age gap now...how do you think he will feel in 5 or 10 more years????

As others have mentioned age is only a number and it should not matter as long as you both love each other and are communicating well with each other. There are no guarantees in life. If you are happy to proceed with the relationship as it is, then do so. Have this conversation with him, not with us out here.

There seems to be issues that have not been resolved. For example, you’ve not had children yet...is this something you both want now or sometime in the future??? You both have to be on the same page on this, especially with the age difference.

You’ve also mentioned that you continue to date others. If this relationship is what you really want then focus all your attention on it. IMO, it comes down to communication. You both need to sit down and truly discuss what you both honestly want and determine if that can be achieved together.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 15 (view)

Today is Blue Monday!
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:02:14 PM
@U make it entertaining, Great words to live by. I have never read this version. It does however remind me of the Holstee Manifesto...a little different in wording, but the overall message is the same. Thank you for sharing.

My condolences on your loss...Hopefully as time goes by your days will become less blue.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 12 (view)

Today is Blue Monday!
Posted: 1/16/2012 4:35:33 PM

Hope all's back to good for ya soon

Furnace is now officially working It was the thermostat...way cheaper than a new furnace.....things are looking up!!!! Gotta love the 'furnace guy'
 NuMeNow

Today is Blue Monday!
Posted: 1/16/2012 2:21:00 PM
Never heard of the actual term Blue Monday, but am aware that people suffer from the mid winter blues. Long cold days, lack of sunlight etc. I would have to say that specifically today was one of my most relaxed, unproductive days...but I think I deserved it...

In retrospect I guess it could have been a very depressing day because of the last few days leading up to today...

Water filtration system sprung a leak a few days ago and had to call in an emergency plumber $$$$$. Totally messed up the passcode to the garage door opener and had to figure out how to reset it. The dryer door handle broke (the only way to open the dryer) Thought I would ‘crazy glue’ back together the pieces and the ‘crazy glue’ would not open...the lid was glued shut. Came home Friday night to a cold house....the furnace is not working more $$$$$ (and still isn’t)...go figure...on the coldest weekend so far....Plus it`s hit or miss as to whether the lock on my front door will open/close.

Okay....not whinning...just stating the facts. I`m now beginning to think that my house is suffering the Blue Monday curse...!!!

On the positive side, I got to spend a great Saturday night out with friends, the house got really cleaned...great way to stay warm, another friend has `furnace connections` so that should be fixed soon, the days are getting warmer this week and the days longer, my daughter turns 19 this week, I have plans for a great weekend and I got to spend today at work and do nothing but shuffle some papers around and go out to lunch with collegues...and that’s a good thing in my line of work.

So from my perspective considering the past few days today actually was good...I just try to stay positive and not dwell on the bad. Thing are what they are...and usually have a way of working themselves out...

Oh...the 'furnace guy' just called and is on his way....maybe I'll have heat tonight, yeah!!

<div class='quote'>bLondeDeviL12524: I think we should have silly Tuesday- a day of pranks & fun stuff

Count me in on that^^^^ I'm also up for Wacky Wednesdays and Fun-Filled Fridays!!!
 NuMeNow

Approaching a guy?
Posted: 1/15/2012 12:56:33 PM
Yes on both accounts.

I do take the opportunity to email men first. Also, I do read the profile.

I would have to say that although a great photo is what initially grabs my attention, however, if the written profile is sparse, not interesting, or what I would perceive as having very little in common with what I’m looking for, I’m not going to contact them. As a result I will have viewed many but contacted few.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 9 (view)

First real date - flowers?
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:08:36 AM

Would flowers be good?

Absolutely.I think she will appreciate the gesture. Keep it simple though, a small bunch of mixed flowers would be great.
 NuMeNow

Dating Idea
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:56:02 AM
jos2003:

Glad to hear the date went well and it didn't break the bank.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 62 (view)

The Dog
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:42:05 PM
^^^Good to hear.
....and hopefully this will continue and you will get to enjoy many more sleepovers.....followed by a good nights sleep!
 NuMeNow
Msg: 36 (view)

car park meets
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:34:09 PM
Car park meets....what sort of lady does this????

The kind of lady who has no concern for her health or safety or ..... if she is successful in securing a Car Park meet (does not have to go through with it, just has to arrange a meet)... will have won a bet that results in being awarded large sums of money!!!
 NuMeNow
Msg: 5 (view)

Pictures
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:53:29 PM
Could be any number of reasons....maybe its a good picture of her, she's keeping it as a reminder of what she does not want in her next relationship,she's keeping it for sentimental reasons, maybe she's been too busy to get rid of it...who knows...the only person that can actually answer your question is your ex. If you are really must know then you should ask her.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating Idea
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:44:30 PM
Good idea for a first date if you have already met. However if this is the first time meeting maybe not....it could be a long date with no chance for 'escape' if a connection is not felt.... Better still hold onto this for a second or subsequent date.
 NuMeNow

Advice please
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:25:25 PM

Should I persue his..

Nothing to pursue. It was a drunken one night stand...

Leave it..

Absolutely....unless you're into living a drama-filled life

Stupid question..

I think you know the answer to that!!!

Any ideas on what she is thinking?

Sounds like she is regretting what happened and is trying to cover her a$$.
 NuMeNow

Asking a girl out
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:00:33 PM
Just ask her out...what do you have to lose. Be confident and have a plan and day in mind... If she accepts your offer but the day does not work out for her ask her what day would work...either way I’m sure she will not think you’re ‘creepy’ but see it as a compliment.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 29 (view)

Would you go to a restaurant and eat alone?
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:48:59 PM
Absolutely...and I have gone to restaurants and eaten alone. Like others have stated, no reason not to. Of course it’s great to have the company, however if that is not possible or I’m away from home I don’t think twice about going out and eating solo. Furthermore, I used to work as a server and not only were there many individual patrons, many of them were also regulars.
 NuMeNow

is being separated the kiss of death?
Posted: 1/8/2012 11:05:38 AM
I think each situation is unique. Separated can take on many forms. People can be separated and still live in the same dwelling, can be newly separated and have not fully emotionally or even physically separated from their partner, or are living separate lives, no emotional or physical connection but have remained married on paper only for religious or financial reasons.

I personally do not seek out separated men and am very cautious when contacted by them.

Now that I am reflecting on this it has me thinking that this should not really be a problem. Okay I may be going a bit off topic here but promise to return...

Separated usually refers to someone that is married, but has ‘split up’ and could possibly be heading towards divorce. Someone who has not been married and is in a co-habiting relationship or long-term committed relationship and then ‘splits up’ I’m sure does not relate to themselves as separated (correct me if I’m wrong) I would think that they would classify themselves as being single. So I guess what I have now been thinking is what is the real difference?

I know that with the marriage there is the pledge to commit to each other through good/bad, richer/poorer, sickness/health, forever and ever....etc....and technically a co-habitation/LTR does not have you making this pledge. However, a person in this type of relationship could still find themselves still living in the same dwelling or still emotionally attached while trying to ‘separate’ from the relationship.

Following this train of thought ‘single’ may not be what it seems to be either.....but that’s another discussion!!!

So I guess what I’m really trying to say that being separated should not be the kiss of death. It has to be looked at carefully, just as any situation where the person/persons involved have either split, whether it is from an LTR/co-habitation or a marriage.
 NuMeNow

First time asking out a woman in real life! Help!
Posted: 1/8/2012 4:47:39 AM
Sounds good so far...from your post it seems like you have attained the interest of this woman. When you see her next, continue the conversation and ask her when would be a good time to go skating. If you can work in an exchange or giving her your number too that would be great, that way you can talk to her away from her work. I realize this might be somewhat difficult to do while she is working....

Just a thought...you could hand her a quick note if she is too busy to actually hold a conversation due to work. Something on the lines of, “I would still like to take you skating, let me know what day works for you and I will set it up. Here’s my number”
 NuMeNow

Would this be a problem?
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:54:21 PM
It’s unfortunate that you have to remove the plate to eat...so as others have stated perhaps avoiding dinner dates at the onset if it causes you to be uncomfortable. However, once you have met someone that has gotten to know you for you, I really don’t see the problem. I have a friend that depending on what she is eating has to remove her plate. Not the two front teeth but they are still visible nevertheless. As Daynadaze stated ^^^^ “shit happens,” but I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker.
 NuMeNow

Personal cards ok?
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:37:11 PM
If I received a personal card I would be thinking ‘how many of these have been handed out?’ However, if you were to hand out a business card with your personal contact information on it that would be better received.

I know... a card is a card... but I think it all comes down to the presentation and perception...IMO, a personal card seems too presumptuous, while the business card with personal infomation written on it is on par with a spontaneous slip of paper.
 NuMeNow

Any women get attracted to men based on his hobbies?
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:10:14 PM

“Have you ladies been attracted to a man, based on his passion for art or any hobby that he likes?”

Yes...When looking at a profile I actually read it...I like to look at the interests and what they have written. I look for common interest as well as those that I would find intriguing. Personally, I do have an interest in the Arts and would welcome the opportunity to learn more. That being said, if someone has an interest(s) in something that I know I would never be interested in or willing to explore, because of personal preferences/experiences, then right or wrong I move on.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 18 (view)

Where are all the smart girls?
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:39:47 AM
'Smart girls' and smart people can be found everywhere. As some posters have also stated it is difficult to determine who is smart or not purely based on looks, hence the old don't judge a book by it's cover. Also there is book smart, self taught smart, street smart etc. Smart people can be found in all areas of life...If you're looking to attract 'smart girls' make sure your profile portrays a confident, intelligent person with substance.
 NuMeNow

If a guy approaches you?
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:15:29 AM
Assuming that I thought the guy was attractive and non-creepy and the conversation was going well then there would be a good chance that I would exchange numbers. Have to agree with others, that this was the way it usually happened before the era of online dating.
 NuMeNow

Definition of a single parent?..
Posted: 1/6/2012 7:26:29 PM
MissCharlie, good question. IMO parents are parents from the time their children are born regardless of whether they are together or not.

From your post I feel that you are alluding to the actual hands on time spent performing day to day parental duties and how at times that actual time may not be evenly shared by both parents. I think it is the terminology that you have an issue with. A single parent that is not involved in the daily upbringing of their child 24/7 is still a single parent by the definition of being single and being a parent. Perhaps there should be qualifiers to the definition that allows for the proportion of time spent directly raising their children but I'm not sure how that would actually play out.

In my own situation, after becoming divorced, I went through a variety of parental scenarios: Parenting 80/20, Parenting 50/50, Parenting 20/80, Parent of an away at University student and one that mostly lives with her father. I would rather say I was a Co-Parent (also have said I am a divorced mother of two who spend equal time with their father) instead of a Single Parent as I did not raise my children solo, their father was also part of the child rearing process even though we were not doing this as a couple.
 NuMeNow

My daughter
Posted: 1/6/2012 6:16:48 PM
dad2stay...I too must have misread what you wrote in post # 17, because I thought the entire response was being addressed to Cdn_Iceman since you placed his name at the beginning of the post.....Glad to see you cleared that up.

I agree, parents will always worry about their children. My Mom still worries about myself and my siblings just as I worry about my own children. However, as parents we have to know when and when not to become involved in our adult children's lives. We have to trust that we have given our children the knowledge and skills for them to make positive choices. We can express our opinions but we can not force those opinions on them. All we can do is be there for them, be supportive and show them we love them.

Susang909 (OP), you are absolutely right to be worried about your daughter, her weight and the potential health issues associated with her weight. However, you (and her father) cannot force her into losing weight. IMO, all you can do is continue to be a great role model for her and lead by example (congrats on your own weight loss). Your daughter is the only one that can initiate change. Let her see how your weight loss and healthy lifestyle has had a positive influence on your life and hopefully she too will decide to take on a healthier lifestyle.

Ultimately she has to want to change her lifestyle for herself and not because she may feel it is being forced, pushed, or preached upon her.
 NuMeNow

What should I do with this girl?
Posted: 1/6/2012 7:45:22 AM
Only you can make the decision...either set up a meet ASAP or move on. Maybe she was having a bad week, but imo it sounds like the cyber-honeymoon is over.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 20 (view)

Burlesque dancing for 1st date?
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:47:26 AM
Looked up a couple of clubs in the London area and it sounds like it could be a fun filled evening if you are heading somewhere like the Peacock, however if she wants to go somewhere like City Burlesque not so sure about that one.

Basically, if you’ve both agreed upon where you’d like to go then really that’s all that matters. You're spending time together, getting to know one another and experiencing new things. Enjoy!!!
 NuMeNow
Msg: 11 (view)

Help me figure this one out
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:16:25 AM
"So my question is: what happened here? And if she wasn't into me, why not just tell me, instead of coming up with an excuse?"

IMO she probably lost interest and did not want to hurt your feelings by actually telling you , so instead she made up some excuses hoping you would get the hint and not ask her out anymore.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 18 (view)

I lost my number, can I have yours?
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:04:17 AM
I don't have a problem giving out my number...If the 1-800 guy (as I call them) has my number why not someone that I have met. I have caller ID...if I don't want to pick it up I don't. If it comes in as an unknown caller/name I let it go to voice mail and then return the call if a message is left.

@ veevee....as far as I know *67 still works.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 19 (view)

Fairy tales you admit to knowing little about
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:24:56 AM
@ Daynadaze,

Was it the Rocky (a flying squirrel) and Bullwinkle (a moose) Show???
The character Peabody (a dog) and his pet boy (Sherman) would travel through time. There were also Fractued Fairy Tales.

Edit ^^^^same answer as Molly Maude
 NuMeNow

Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:18:46 AM
I agree with Import ^^^^^

I’m of the belief of ‘what goes around comes around’ (Karma) both good and bad. So no, I do not seek out revenge. IMO life is way too short to be spending time and energy getting back at or even with someone. I’m all for justice for a wrong doing, but not revenge.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 16 (view)

Fairy tales you admit to knowing little about
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:09:03 AM
justagrlwithacat: Thumbelina I really can't recall much of. its vague.

SaharaM: Thumbelina. No idea what that's about.

Thumbelina is literary fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. A quick summary: It is about a tiny girl that emerges from a flower and her adventures with appearance- and marriage-minded toads, moles, and roaches.... (Wow...you could even add “POF fishes”)

She successfully avoids their intentions before falling in love with.....you guessed it.... a flower-fairy prince just her size and they all lived happily ever after!!!

Show ALL Forums