Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does being single stop you from doing what you want?
 chameleonf
Msg: 32 (view)

Does being single stop you from doing what you want?
Posted: 8/14/2018 10:39:04 AM
From reading this thread, it appears that most like being single or don't mind. What seems to be lacking is either enough single friends to enjoy things with, rather than doing them by one's self, or that money is the limiting factor. It makes me wonder if people get into romantic relationships as a trade off of sorts because they lack enough single friends and money. I don't think that's entirely surprising, given both the divorce rate and the revolving door of dating.
 chameleonf
Msg: 31 (view)

Will history judge Trump as US's greatest traitor?
Posted: 8/13/2018 12:29:53 PM

So I have mental health issues just for pointing out facts.

Interesting. I stated that about a couple of posters directly above me. That you included YOURSELF in those with mental health issues is tagging yourself. At least you acknowledge there's a problem, which is the first step to seeking help.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7066 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:19:36 AM

Of course the Liberal do not see anything wrong of what she did.!!
Ethical and Moral behaviour= 0
Sense of what is Right vs What is Wrong =0

What you're missing in the scheme of things is that your hero knew this about her, liked it, and hired her because of it. They are birds of a feather. Everyone in their eyes is great while they can use them for something and then they have no problem stabbing each other in the back. It's a daily M.O. of your hero, so not surprising at all. What is wrong is that you support a man who is exactly the same: Ethical and Moral behavior = 0 and Sense of what is Right v Wrong = 0. That you can't see the correlation is mind boggling...but not surprising at this stage.
 chameleonf
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2018 8:07:10 AM
It doesn't really seem to matter what party is in power, your country's bigger problem would appear to revolve around the very shaky mental health of a large number your citizens as evidenced by the last couple of posts in this thread. Sad.

chameleonf
Msg: 61 (view)

black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice
Posted: 8/1/2018 2:02:39 PM

It doesn't matter if McGlockton thought attacking Drejka was justified because he's not on trial. And you can't convict Drejka because McGlockton "thought" his girlfriend was in danger.

… and yet Drejka "thought" he was in danger. It's a matter of subjective perception by any given individual under any given circumstance. Again, a whole lot of a lack of actual thought by any of the parties involved, with one of them being allowed to own a gun even though, after the fact, it's been made clear he's an individual of low thinking abilities when it comes to actions and consequences (very similar to instances of road rage shootings). Both were authors of their own misfortune, with one paying the higher price for stupidity. The more this kind of B.S. continues on in the States, however, the more fearful the society and the more the turn to gun ownership by those lacking the ability to think their way out of situations that they more and more often are contributing to themselves.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6996 (view)

Posted: 8/1/2018 1:05:52 PM

The president is right.!! The press is acting as enemy of the people because they are misinforming the citizen by posting fake news.!!

Yes, Fox News should be reprimanded for conspiracy theory opinion pieces being touted as "news" and being eaten up by the cognitively lacking Trump diehard followers. It's like Santa Claus is to an adolescent when they learn they've been lied to for years ....poor things. The difference is, the vast majority of adolescents have the capacity to learn and/or learn from their mistakes - Trumpsters, not so much.

Speaking of the cognitively lacking: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘we-are-q’-a-deranged-conspiracy-cult-leaps-from-the-internet-to-the-crowd-at-trump’s-‘maga’-tour/ar-BBLlNdc?ocid=spartanntp
 chameleonf
Msg: 6993 (view)

Posted: 8/1/2018 12:05:07 PM
What's funny (not) is when Trump's base (i.e. the lowest part or edge of something) base figures an accomplishment is just doing something, no matter the results. In Trump's case, it's like aiming for the toilet and missing by a mile. For an individual such as himself, it makes no difference because he has someone he constantly expects to clean up after him like a toddler, both personally and professionally.
 chameleonf
Msg: 316 (view)

Trump - the final frontier
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:13:53 AM

It's a deal. Whether a person sticks to a deal always remains to be seen.

Hmmm...I suppose some would consider buying beachfront property in Vostok, Antarctica, to be a "deal" to buy into if Trump told them it was a good deal, just like so many other of his flops he suckered people into believing over his lifetime. You're buying into the fact there was a deal made about something that is as non-existent as beachfront property in Vostock, Antartctica.

The news reported and showed a video of the missile site being dismantled.

It was a missile "test site", not a production facility. I guess some don't understand that once a product is tested to the point of functionality, further testing of the same product is no longer required. That the news reported and showed a video of the missile "test" site being dismantled isn't any clear proof of anything concrete occurring. Then again, some people would believe watching a magician pull a coin from an ear on TV would be proof of it actually occurring.

The remains of soldiers are being shipped back.

Of whom and what, you have no idea as yet and will not for a number of years.

What did we give up?

What was given up was that which was sought by Kim - to confer legitimacy upon the Kim regime by simply meeting him. A meeting at which there was no agreement of denuclearization. Ah, but you say, missile testing has stopped. It's not the testing that annihilates, it's the actual firing of a missile directed at a target that annihilates. Ask Japan if the U.S. testing the A-bomb elsewhere and then stopping for a time was proof that they didn't have the ability to use Japan as the actual target when they felt the desire to do so.

But, hey, you got 50 containers of yet to be identified remains - I can almost hear your false Trump mantra of "winning" as I type.

It comes down to if the person had the intention to fulfill what they agreed upon whether verbal or contracted upon.

Exactly where do you have proof that there was either a verbal or written agreement? Would that be the same place where you have found proof of what Trump discussed with Putin for 2 hours? Mindlessly gullible.
 chameleonf
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2018 8:26:35 PM
^ I see this particular incident more about rampant gun availability and downright stupid people than anything else. It's so ridiculous that it gets to the point of arguments of a first amendment right to "free speech" to build a plastic untraceable gun from instructions from a website being used for the promotion of the second amendment "right to bear" arms crapola. Just think of the places they could be hidden, disabled or not, just waiting to be used by idiots, including handicap parking lot chickens who are so scared of life they carry guns, not to mention any other places where your wonderful shootings, mass or otherwise, occur on such a regular basis.
 chameleonf
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2018 3:59:13 PM

Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month.

That's quite the math there! Just think of all those times that big mouths with guns have the opportunity to shoot people over confrontations they start by being "observant" about something that's none of their business and, even if they think it is their business, they're too f'ing stupid to use proper channels to be the caped crusader. Gotta love giving the ability to own a gun to the stupid, no matter their political affiliations or who they may or may not pack groceries for or hold doors open for when they're not being a****on a mission. I guess that's why the shooting statistics in the States are what they are - too many stupid people with too many guns. Woot! 'murica!
 chameleonf
Msg: 6938 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2018 2:29:48 PM
Double shh - Today - Federal judge allows emoluments case against Trump to proceed. All the noise he is making lately isn't drowning out what's going on behind the scenes regarding His Corrupt Highness.
 chameleonf
Msg: 730 (view)

Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 7/24/2018 3:24:59 PM
With all due respect, the main thrust of your post may have been about pedophiles, however, homosexuality is brought into the equation by the following:

""Paedophilia a 'sexual orientation - like being straight or gay'

It's a given that being straight is sexual orientation between consenting adults, as is being gay, whether or not it gives others the heebie jeebies or not. Pedophelia, on the other hand is a non-consensual act perpetrated on individuals in much the same way that bestiality would be a non-consensual act, no matter if the perpetrators of either are sexually turned on by either watching or participating. Either way, there are unwilling/unwitting participants, which is the crux of the matter.
 chameleonf
Msg: 728 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2018 1:01:30 PM

Now comes the identity politics. What are other posters views on this? Do yous think paedophiles have a valid point? Should their "identity' be recognised? Or is it an 'identity' too far? I'm sure at some point soon folk will be branded as peadophobics. Just as the paedophile has said on twatter.

My view is that pedophiles do not have a valid point. Their identity should not be "recognized" as anything other than what it is; an adult with adult urges preying on those who are either unwilling participants or yet having matured brains, or both, who are either forced or manipulated to fulfill the desires and urges of the pedophile. The difference between pedophilia and homosexuality is one is abhorrent because of preying on young victims, while the other "may be" abbarent to the general public, but doesn't involve preying on victims and, rather, involves willing members of the same sex who have the same sexual preference.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6927 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2018 9:16:13 AM
^In other words, you believe the media is in control of the war machine budgets that increase year over year at the expense of the U.S. citizens in any number of ways, and not the fault of each of the two parties as you started out blaming. Who knew the parties are only elected as a tool of the lying media and not a case of the media reporting about the lying government in power at any given time. Time to start voting for media parties instead of libs and dems! The libs and dems would have that expert lying down pat that you give the media credit for.
 chameleonf
Msg: 720 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 10:06:24 PM
To me, there is a difference between simply making a claim that one is transgendered to reap the benefits of the alternate gender and those totally living the life of one who is the alternate gender, both mentally and physically. Where it becomes tricky is when gender reassignment surgery is not affordable to make the transition entirely complete - as opposed to not having the desire to have reassignment surgery and thereby having one foot in each gender. Gender, in itself is defined as:

Gender refers to the attitudes, feelings, and behaviors that a given culture associates with a person’s biological sex. Behavior that is compatible with cultural expectations is referred to as gender-normative; behaviors that are viewed as incompatible with these expectations constitute gender non-conformity.

With respect to a man who is capable of penile rape and commits penile rape, I believe falls into being incompatible with the expectations which constitute the gender conformity of a female and, therefore, for the purposes of conviction should fall within the scope of being a male and the rapist should more properly defined as being a cross dresser, rather than transgendered. It would be like claiming you gave birth without having been pregnant. I also don't believe that any subsequent gender reassignment surgery should have the conviction hidden away any more than if a woman who was born female rapes another woman (or man) with an object should have a conviction hidden away.

With respect to the individual having lived as a transgendered female for 15 years from 1999 to 2014, having what would amount to a lesbian relationship with his wife and having an actual full gender recognition certificate being applicable, why wouldn't she be able to be afforded the same benefits of others who now don't have to annul their marriage? I very much doubt that EVERY man would live their life as a woman in order to obtain a pension at age 60 rather than 65. For instance, I can't see you willingly looking, acting and living as a woman for at least 15 years for the sole purpose of retiring at 60 rather than 65 - but perhaps I'm wrong. What is the purpose for the disparity/inequality in the pensionable age difference in the first place? I suspect it may have something to do with women being out of the work force while being a stay at home parent more likely during the time period cited. If so, does the same apply to women who didn't have children or had children but returned immediately back to the workforce? With respect to it pertaining to a man transgendering to female, would there not have to be a considerable period of time apply to having been transgendered in order to obtain the female 60 year old benefit, rather than 65, and not just suddenly claiming oneself to living transgendered in order to retire at 60?
 chameleonf
Msg: 716 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 2:07:20 PM

But to clarify. What is your view on a convicted male sex attacker being put in a womens jail because he said he is a woman?

I'm not familiar with the case you are quoting, so my first question would be: was he also "saying" he was a woman at the time he was committing sexual assaults on women or did he just say so at the time he was being convicted? Regardless, if his predilection was as a male committing sexual offences on women or as a male committing sexual offences on men, he should likely be put in segregation/isolation in either scenario, whether it be in a male or female prison.

My reference to this being a different topic associated with transgendered individuals using public washrooms is the fact that in one instance bigots automatically treat transgendered individuals as sexual criminals who, because they are transgendered, automatically prey on people of the sex they are transgendered to as a guise to be able to more easily prey upon them. A criminal is a criminal, no matter what sex they identify with - your sexual identity does not make you a criminal. Because men commit the preponderance of criminal acts, no matter the type, does this mean that all men shouldn't be allowed in public because of a fear they may commit a crime, be it sexual or other?
 chameleonf
Msg: 711 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 12:44:44 PM

Agree with that. So how does putting a male sex offender into a jail full of vulnerable lassies help in that respect?

That's a separate topic, just like allowing a female sex offender in a classroom full of vulnerable teen boys has nothing to do with transgendered, non-sexual criminals using washrooms.

Disgusting, men dressing up and sneaking into the ladies room! You don't see anything wrong with that?

You better not allow boys to go to public washrooms either then, as they're more likely to be accosted by a straight "looking" married man whose schtick is male pedophilia.

Just admit you are a bigot. Unless you are in the habit of disrobing in front of everyone in a washroom where there's a transgendered individual, you're as at much risk of being a female and attacked by a dyke lesbian in a washroom. Not to mention, most transgendered, for whatever reason, are still attracted to their own birth sex.

https://mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.JNBDmUtlW Yup, that's right...NONE!

BOO!
 chameleonf
Msg: 708 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 10:27:00 AM
^Exactly. I'd wager to say there are already a phenomenal number of transgendered individuals already using washrooms who look and act more feminine or male than some of the fear mongering bigots in these very forums and elsewhere who go totally unnoticed because they are using said washrooms for the sole purpose of what they are designed for. More effort and fear should be directed at the 60% of adult individuals who commit sexual assault who aren't even strangers to those they commit the offenses against. It's like the fear is some form of projection.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6887 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 9:10:57 AM
One has to wonder how Trump is going to react to CNN's "The Most Powerful Man in the World". It's not about HIM and his belief he's the most powerful man in the world. Does he call it fake news and risk offending the man who has so discoloured his nose? Does he agree with it and, depending on the slant, still risk offending the man who has so discoloured his nose? One has to wonder if CNN deliberately entitled it the way they did to spur Trump's ego into reacting in some negative way against Putin because Trump isn't being named most powerful man in the world.

No need for Trump to get upset one way or the other. There's a movie already made about his own persona - "A Face In The Crowd" - a movie that would take very little rewriting to remake with Trump as the character. It's impossible not to see the parallels, unless you're a Tumpanzee apologist - both Trump and the fictional Larry Rhodes believe their followers are more stupid than they (Trump and Rhodes) are (a statement made by both, both directly and indirectly). The only difference I see is that Rhodes' followers eventually saw him for what he was. I'm not convinced real life Trump followers have that ability. I foresee Trump's ego dying the same painful death as that of the character, Rhodes; that is, if Trump's already low cognition outlasts the dementia that he's showing signs of and which, factually, runs in his family.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6872 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2018 6:30:08 PM
^So that apparently bothers you but such things as Trump's dubious actions/activities with Putin/Russia prior to winning and more especially right now as a sitting president doesn't because he is above reproach, according to mindless Trumpanzees? I guess we'll eventually see who these unnamed individuals are who Mueller is seeking immunity for - possibly some NRA stooges connected to Russia and money laundering to the benefit of the Trump campaign. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, your president is proving daily he is as much of an idiot as I thought he was from the outset. Apparently, that's called "winning". I bet the dairy farmers who are facing the loss of $1-2B in the next few months are thrilled with the ill thought out trade wars. Hmmm...I imagine they'll be tending to change parties after the threat of losing, in some cases, their 7 generation dairy operations. And that's just that segment of your "working class" citizens the deranged idiot vowed to help make 'Merica great again for.
 chameleonf
Msg: 20 (view)

Do women want to be judged on their looks?
Posted: 7/19/2018 6:01:12 PM
Ya, I always notice how men in clubs and other public settings tend to go out to attract women and compete with other men dress in stained, smelly sweats, unshaven, bed head and extended beer bellies who aren't concerned about being judged by their looks.

If it were a different era, they'd be wearing powdered wigs, brocade jackets, lace at their sleeves, etc.

There has been a pivotal shift in male pampering culture during the last decade. Men’s toiletries used to consist of shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream and not much else. But from London to New York to São Paulo, bathroom cabinets of middle-class homes now brim with moisturizers, facial cleansers, eye serums, bronzers, concealers, anti-agers and even mud masks—all designed specifically for men.

Men have begun to spend more cash on male-specific toiletries than on shaving products. Sales of skin care, in particular, boomed; and there is no going back now. More and more men are putting higher stock into looking good. It’s about self-confidence as much as anything else, and the desire to feel more attractive, more successful, and, increasingly, more youthful.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/287643/global-male-grooming-market-size/

What's interesting to note is:
It’s about self-confidence as much as anything else, and the desire to feel more attractive, more successful, and, increasingly, more youthful.

Why would those reasons be any different for women? Or is it that it's becoming less and less "a man's world" in that they can no longer just get by on dangling money as the carrot on the stick because women are more self-sufficient and the men are actually having to compete more with men to attract women? Women may just be becoming less interested in fugly Harvey Weinsteins when there is the option to have someone more well-rounded in all areas (especially personality) instead of an unkempt slug who has heretofore got by on the size of their bank account in the various levels of socio-economic settings.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6788 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2018 1:40:05 PM
^I think, when most people think of the word "Nazi" in America, they view it as the following who is a follower/practitioner of nazism, not an actual German nationalist:

Noun
Nazism - a form of socialism featuring racism and expansionism and obedience to a strong leader
national socialism, Naziism
fascism - a political theory advocating an authoritarian hierarchical government (as opposed to democracy or liberalism)
socialist economy, socialism - an economic system based on state ownership of capital
Falange - the Spanish Nazi party under Franco

Or were you being flippant?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2018 12:18:52 PM
It would be surprising but uplifting for your country if congress does anything positive for a change when it comes to holding your Traitor-in-Chief accountable for his actions. I can't wait to see how the Trumpanzees try to spin this one, absolute morons that they are. No doubt they will support this latest as they blindly do everything else.
 chameleonf
Msg: 122 (view)

Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:27:26 PM

I'm talking about giving them the basics in life for moral code, how to treat others. I do believe in freedom of expression for kids when done in a socially acceptable manner, meaning you can't be abusive, be kind ect.

It goes hand in hand...it's not an either/or proposition.
 chameleonf
Msg: 119 (view)

Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 7/13/2018 11:55:06 AM
^ Exactly. For instance, you can either set out what a kid is going to wear every day of their life until they're an adult and not give them choices based on their own thoughts and when they get older they haven't learned how to pick their own clothing or feel like the class geek because it's obvious their momma has dressed them. You give them choices to pick from on their own. You don't simply give them carte blanche either or some of them would be dressing totally inappropriate for the occasion, which is the teaching moment. You can't teach effectively as a parent if you don't know what's going on inside a kid's head. As well, it's a recipe for rebellion at some stage if there's no freedom of thought. The same applies with actions, such as bullying, etc. You have to know what they're thinking in order to teach why the actions are inappropriate - and then teach them to change their way of thinking. I don't doubt that half the kids that are bullies are those who are bullied at home by not being allowed freedom of thought.
 chameleonf
Msg: 37 (view)

Trump Baby to fly over Parliament Square
Posted: 7/13/2018 9:44:03 AM
^ Re 34 & 35: ... and in the face of that farce, 12 more Russian indictments today, prior to the Liar-In-Chief meeting with Putin on Monday, where he may or may not even mention the issue of election interference in his "secret" meeting with only two interpreters present to ever know what was truly said. Both Putin and Trump will come away from it with a continuation of their lies while Trump is being played like a fiddle. At the rate he keeps getting played by despots, he's going to soon have an entire band playing Hail to the Idiot.
 chameleonf
Msg: 373 (view)

Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:54:19 AM
It's always funny to hear people complain about millenials' attitudes when most of the complaining comes from the generation that raised them.
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

Princess syndrome
Posted: 7/10/2018 10:49:37 AM

It is a wonderful compliment and I don't see how it could ever make me an uglier woman with it on.

Is this to suggest you feel you're ugly enough with it off?
 chameleonf
Msg: 6743 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2018 10:27:08 AM

on a side note, it is amusing to still think Chump is not the Establishment candidate, when he choose a justice pick from the Official List of the GOP :) He had a choice to stick it to the Man, but he did what every other Republican president does--what he's told.

That's just it. It's ridiculous to have people touting that Trump is making some kind of monumental picks of SC nominees as though this is something that was actually within his control, like some kind of hero that saved the conservative day. The first individual wouldn't have been put in place if it weren't for the GOP refusing to even interview him and insisting on waiting until the election almost a full year away (and yet those same old farts are crying foul with the suggestion of the same treatment). Then you have an old timer who retires and Trump's provided a list to pick from because he had no personal knowledge of them and what they stand for and how they adjudicate, other than perhaps hearing their names from time to time. If left to his own devices, he would have had a short list of Giuliani, Hannity or Eric Trump - or some Faux News conspiracy theorist and then ask how come they wouldn't be acceptable candidates to fill the vacancies.
 chameleonf
Msg: 17 (view)

Why Use 'Do So' To Denote An Action &c?
Posted: 7/9/2018 11:48:43 AM
Something I've noticed in the past few years is an irritating habit of people who start off a spoken sentence with the word "so", when it has no logical placement at the beginning of a sentence. For instance, you ask the question, "Why use 'do so' to denote an action?" Those who tend to use the word at the beginning might respond, "So, what's the deal with the fascination with the use of 'do so'?" It seems to be a substitute for "um". Is it a sophisticated substitute of "um" in the speaker's mind?
 chameleonf
Msg: 6710 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2018 3:39:06 PM
^^^I've noticed that about his rally's lately, as have any huge number of other people. I mean he was always just an empty slogan spewer with nothing to back himself up, but his inability to put a coherent sentence together is getting worse and worse without a teleprompter (even with). He IS a broken record when it comes to records. What a horrible embarrassment for your country.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6661 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2018 6:20:47 PM

And whose fault is that? The owner of that restaurant. It shouldn't happen at all, but that's what you get for being anti-American.

It's still odd that the same behavior when it comes to religious beliefs is given a wink and a nod to not serve. Just because one's a political belief and he other is a religious belief makes it no less hypocritical.
 chameleonf
Msg: 8 (view)

The Three Stooges
Posted: 6/29/2018 3:46:45 PM
Meanwhile those with the money to buy real power escape criticism.
No, they don't escape - it's a two-fold convergence of fools and power/money hungry fools that have created a weird and whacky 4th dimension. The oddest of times.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6 (view)

The Three Stooges
Posted: 6/29/2018 10:05:28 AM
First specific meaning: Each would be the stooge of Trump, doing his conspiracy theory, tin-foil hat wearing bidding for him to spread the word of idiocy to those who are mindless consumers of such tripe. They're either witting or unwitting pawns who are grabbing their 15 minutes of fame before they crawl back from whence they came.

Second specific meaning: Each are definitely performers, rather than pushers of fact, and each are most definitely the butt of jokes, even though comedy isn't their intended performance.

I never was a fan of intended slapstick - unintended is merely pathetic, particularly when taken as serious by devotees.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4 (view)

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity & George Noory – The Three Stooges
Posted: 6/29/2018 9:07:51 AM
Just thought I'd fix the subject line for you. You're welcome!
 chameleonf
Msg: 70 (view)

Mr Gorbachev, Tear down these broads
Posted: 6/27/2018 3:15:14 PM

Racist would be democrats saying we need Mexicans here to pick our produce, like slaves for them. I like Mexicans. They're good hard-working people. I've been to Mexico and have Mexican friends. I would never categorize them as produce pickers.

What do you call Mexican individuals who WANT to come to your country to pick produce - bartenders? They do it for a reason - not because they are slaves - they weren't forced to come to your country to pick produce. Pick the lowest paying jobs in your country that aren't picking produce. For instance, 7 of the 8 lowest paying jobs aren't farm workers and yet there are people who take these jobs for a reason other than being a "slave", although I'm sure they can feel like it, depending on any given boss.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38168029/ns/business-careers/t/lowest-paying-jobs-america/#.WzQIzUxFyUk

Farm workers apparently earn about $9.51 per hour, the 7th highest on the list of eight jobs listed in the above article. What do you suppose the majority of farm workers are paid in Mexico? Now figure out why they would go to the States to be farm labourers. Supply/demand. Let's not forget, they take/send their extremely hard earned money back to their country, which makes the $9.51 much more than $9.51 per hour.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6636 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2018 12:27:29 PM
With the way it's set up for a 2 party system, I guess they didn't have much choice either with respect to the age of the person...I guess they were going for the more intelligent of the two. At least they were going for one out of two instead of with a zero.
 chameleonf
Msg: 22 (view)

Why Do Some Say 'Chump' For Trump?
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:00:02 PM
^ lol...that was good for a chuckle. I'm sure that's what his dreams consist of. He must have lost a quite a few though because he shows signs of being very punch drunk.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6632 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2018 11:55:31 AM
Seems the party you favour could do with some at least younger blood who are more intelligent and well spoken instead of an incompetent 72 year old fool...who had never been in politics...along with a number of others who have been in politics for far too long. Maybe then some actual meaningful progress would be made in your country again instead of this attempted backslide to the '50s.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6630 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2018 10:59:20 AM
Gotta wonder how many problems Trump will "solve" when he meets with Putin, being that he solved the problem so well of getting NK to denuclearize: https://gulfnews.com/news/asia/north-korea/north-korea-still-building-at-nuclear-site-monitor-1.2242925

Maybe the Putin meeting will get even bigger and better tampering with your election system - this time perhaps actually the machines! Woot - problem solved and more better sleeps at night!
 chameleonf
Msg: 6627 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2018 5:57:01 AM

Hey look, a progressive young woman, who never been in politics, defeated incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY), the number four democrat in the House.

Good - I hope she does well. I keep saying some new, younger, intelligent blood is needed in politics instead of the same old washed up, self-interested, has beens that keep using their outdated playbooks of ideas and solutions.
 chameleonf
Msg: 173 (view)

We lost another to suicide
Posted: 6/26/2018 9:23:42 AM
^ It's apparently basically an addiction caused by brain chemistry: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7802751.stm
 chameleonf
Msg: 14 (view)

Raising Tariffs To Foreign Trade May Come To Benefit Us Unexpectly
Posted: 6/25/2018 8:49:52 PM
Well, I guess with the anticipated approximate 180,000 job loss as a direct result of "some" of the tariffs affecting the European side of things, the people who lose their jobs can fill those jobs that are apparently not being filled because "the economy is sooooo good". It will soon get to the point where Trump's ardent supporters will start questioning the validity of their own ardent support - when they begin losing their jobs, are affected by the stock market both personally and due to job losses, don't see any expected increase in their annual income due to a limited tax cut, have to pay higher prices for every day items on top of that, have no fix to their medical insurance that was promised, are forced to actually see some form of tax increase to pay for increased military spending, paying to house stolen children who's parents have already been deported, never mind being reunited on U.S. soil, so on and so on and so on. It seems like a never ending spiral downward with each passing day.

This is winning? Winning is when you play games - this administration is definitely playing games on all fronts - trouble is, there are no rules to the games and the surprise losers will be those who were promised they'd be winners. Just remember to vote - not based on left and right teams, but who's best for the country as a whole and not self centered to the extreme. Your country is becoming more and more broken by the day while this game is being played at your expense. Sad to watch and a tick off to other countries having to be subjected to some of the fallout who "told you so".
 chameleonf
Msg: 6617 (view)

Posted: 6/25/2018 3:39:14 PM
^

The extreme left are trying to bring down America, and take away rights. Thank goodness we are allowed to be armed, if they want to get more aggressive.

I don't know, perhaps it's the way you word yourself, however, the above sounds like you aren't pointing out hypocrisy. The extremes on the left and the extremes on the right are the looney fringe. It just so happens the looney right is egging on their looney leader as much as he's egging them on and the looney left are getting just as looney. I dislike Huckabee Sanders as much as I dislike Trump - she's a paid liar but she has her own conscience to live with, however, I don't believe she should be harassed by anyone when she's not actively performing her job. I can see some more protests in the street coming about soon. Sure wouldn't want to live in the States right now.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6615 (view)

Posted: 6/25/2018 3:15:06 PM
^ or how about the woman who was on the news this morning who was refused prescribed medication to miscarry the unviable fetus she was carrying. She wanted the child but someone's bass akwards religion made her jump through a bunch of hoops before she could get the medication from someone else. The pharmacy apparently apologized - hopefully they canned the pharmacist but they probably can't because of religious freedom grounds - big eyeroll. Should that woman have carried a gun and blasted the pharmacist because they were shoving their "religious rights" on her by pretty much telling her what to do by not providing her the prescribed medication? Yes, she could go elsewhere or have another pharmacist at the same location provide it to her...at a later date, but under her sad circumstances, why should she have had to while, apparently, being made a spectacle of in the store at the same time.
 chameleonf
Msg: 55 (view)

Mr Gorbachev, Tear down these broads
Posted: 6/25/2018 1:41:37 PM
Factaza - I invite you to review my history and point out where I have been hypocritical, angry or always taking hits at people. I don't not like people here (I don't know them enough to make that call), however, I may strongly disagree with their opinions and the manner in which they express them. Will I take hits at bigots, racists, and alt-right individuals who are in the deplorable category for being bigots and racists, you bet - no different than you in that regard - if people are blind followers of Trump and they possess those same attributes, that's not my fault. I don't know about you, but when I see it, I call it out, wherever I am - to be silent, in my opinion, is close to condoning it.

I'll also sometimes take hits at misogynists and sometimes people who take hits at me/my opinion - at that point, it becomes fair game. It would seem your problem with me stems from the fact that I happened to agree with some people in some areas that you have a hard on for that you can't get over. That's on you, not me, as is your interpretation of what it is I have to say when, in venomous anger at others, you lose sight of what it was I was actually saying. I won't respond to this gnat-like type of topic again from you, but I kept seeing my name come up so figured I was within my rights to speak my peace.

P.S. Gnat-like is merely a descriptor of the flitting from thread to thread with pest like regularity attempting to garner some kind of support or sympathy or to further besmirch the names of those you disagree with - it's the swarms of gnats that's caused people to lose interest in this and any forum - other than singularly, or as a group, having the ability to delete individuals, which I've never agreed with - no matter who the players are. You use the descriptor "leftist trash" - I choose gnat.
 chameleonf
Msg: 8 (view)

Raising Tariffs To Foreign Trade May Come To Benefit Us Unexpectly
Posted: 6/23/2018 11:03:38 AM

Negotiated? Trump is allergic to negotiating, because it means he might have to compromise, and that's a no-no to Trump.

I'd take it a step further. Firstly, I haven't seen the results of any negotiating. There has been none with respect to a wall, tariffs, DACA, medicare, etc. There have been attempts at bullying, which have resulted in pushback, but bullying isn't negotiating. I don't believe Trump actually knows how to negotiate. His tactics used in his private businesses may have been effective to a degree, however, in the position he's in now, it seems as though he has flip-flopping ideas that he simply throws out there like spitting in the wind, with no constructive pre-thought policies or abilities to negotiate because he simply does not understand the nuances of each, doesn't care to, and then leaves the fallout or cleanup for everyone else (those who do/can understand the subjects) to take care of for him - he's simply incapable.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6581 (view)

You can't judge a book by its jacket, so try to Be Best
Posted: 6/23/2018 7:43:34 AM
So now the talking point being brought up again is to decriminalize drugs in order to attempt to: stop or significantly slow the drug trade - that creates the gangs - that causes the violence - that creates the reason for South Americans fleeing their countries - that has caused the latest U.S. policy - that has seen "refugees" being detained and separated from their children. Portugal is being touted as an example of a decriminalization programme that seems to be working for them:

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html
https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.yV1Cn97lE

Would it be a possible solution for the States/other countries as a supply/demand solution that would slow the refugee/illegal immigration problem? Or would it not work, being that there is too much of a problem with what could already be deemed a "legal" drug problem the States has - meaning the over-prescription of opioids being trafficked by big pharma through medical practitioners - that has helped to a large extent the unprescribed addiction problem that has created the need for the illegal drugs coming from the countries where a lot of the drugs are being produced and causing their own problems?

It reads like The House That Jack Built.
 chameleonf
Msg: 13 (view)

POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:03:50 AM

Only my third post. Cannot edit. I noticed that this thread was up for deletion. Who did that? How the hell do you think you are going to vote off one of this guy’s threads if he decides he wants it to stay? How the hell are you going to accomplish that when he has so many profiles? As soon as he sees it is up for vote all he has to do to prevent it from being deleted is log in and vote with enough of those profiles to make four votes not to delete it.

That's funny - cuz either way he stays or comes back under a new name. Everyone knows this. The voting to delete is likely just an in his face form of protesting that he's bellyaching yet again.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6 (view)

POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:23:50 AM
They used to have block user here. I could certainly go for that again. You'd eventually have no one to talk to and the results would be the same as if you left of your own accord - without everyone in the meantime being subjected to walls of text in thread after thread of you talking to yourself about YOU being shut down over and over again and admitting to deleting others - which is the very thing you complain about.

Show ALL Forums