Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Al Franken is a Vial Molester and Should be Removed from the US Senate
 chameleonf
Msg: 3 (view)

Al Franken is a Vial Molester and Should be Removed from the US Senate
Posted: 11/16/2017 10:38:27 AM
If so, then all others who are part of the $15M payouts over the last 10 to 15 years who are not being named, should step aside also if they are still there, from whatever party they are tied to. After all, the payouts were because of their guilt, not their innocence. Heck, take it to the top and get rid of Trump too. He's been accused by at least 16 (never heard of the 50 yet) and admitted he can get away with groping because he's a celebrity. http://thehill.com/homenews/house/360398-jackie-speier-the-house-has-paid-out-15-million-on-behalf-of-sexual-harassers
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

Scary Backwoods Situations
Posted: 11/13/2017 1:59:09 PM
Had a professional football player living across the street from me a few years ago when I lived in the same city I do now but in a new development at the edge of farmland. A moose sauntered down the street and the football player thought he'd follow it with his camera. Next thing I saw was him running back from the other side of the block, with the moose chasing him at an easy lope for the moose - a little faster run for the football player.
 chameleonf
Msg: 599 (view)

Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 11/13/2017 1:49:55 PM
Maybe Pence's wife can post a letter on Facebokk from 50 pastors on facebook - ya know like Moore's wife has done...to absolve whatever sin equates to spending other people's money.
 chameleonf
Msg: 409 (view)

On Fox News today.....oh boy
Posted: 11/13/2017 11:20:15 AM
Why oh why bring up Muslims, Dee? Why bring up marriage at all? Your own country allows "marriage" at a young age: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

What your country doesn't allow is sexual abuse, and it doesn't allow sexual abuse with the consent of the parent.
 chameleonf
Msg: 110 (view)

What Can Be Done To Protect Us From A Homegrown Slaughter-Spree?
Posted: 11/13/2017 11:00:10 AM
^ I suppose it doesn't matter if it's the national consensus - the whole matter doesn't have a national consensus. But it does, nonetheless, highlight the intention of the kneel rather than the deflection from it that it became.
 chameleonf
Msg: 108 (view)

Posted: 11/13/2017 10:25:40 AM
^ Burrrrrrrrn. That's going to take a fair bit of photo shopping for whoever dummies one up for Trump to hang all over the place like his fake Time Magazine covers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 245 (view)

Guys discussing rock
Posted: 11/12/2017 6:08:47 AM
I like toasted liver sausage and onion sandwiches.
 chameleonf
Msg: 43 (view)

Pardon my French, is that the Chatanooga Choo Choo
Posted: 11/11/2017 8:15:16 AM
What an odd duck. To call people racists because they used the word "girl" and yet the same individual just recently used the word "girl" in the following: "A classy girl is kind, gentle, sweet, empathetic, caring. She is giving, loving... she is a good person. She is polite. She has good manners and is a very pleasant person to know." Using your logic, you referring to sweet "girls" must mean that you are a racist yourself or...a pedophile. See how that works?
 chameleonf
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2017 8:27:41 PM
Well, I was going to respond to you, Ben, but looks to me like it's pretty much all been covered by others. No need to repeat what's obvious to all.
 chameleonf
Msg: 542 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2017 10:59:39 AM
I would think he would stand to honour all members of the military out of respect for those who may "feel" slighted by the kneeling, erroneously thinking that kneeling was dishonouring them when it was for other reasons in the first place. We'll see if he goes back to kneeling after Veterans'/Remembrance Day.
 chameleonf
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2017 8:52:34 AM
^ Now, now, don't be going off on a tangent. Because I say that swearing doesn't bother me simply means that I don't get all alarmed by it. Funny that. There are people who will go on about swearing, such as yourself, but find it perfectly acceptable to brag about being fondled by a female stranger in a bar for 20 minutes. Go figure how people determine what proper etiquette is and what they find offensive.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4642 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 11/10/2017 8:30:44 AM

You may feel that is an appropriate interview process...that's your right...I don't.

What I'm getting at is that you don't "interview" your teachers, college professors, scout masters, physicians, etc. before entrusting your children to them. You trust that they are vetted by someone else but regardless, there is trust placed in someone other than yourself to have conducted an "appropriate interview process". I do understand where you're coming from, however, as there would appear to be no screening of the individual in the case at hand, other than the fact that there was a misplaced trust placed in them solely due to their position.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4638 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2017 6:21:57 AM
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there have been many parents who have trusted their children to be safe with predatory teachers, babysitters, camp counsellors, physicians, etc., who didn't know the predators personaly and had a level of trust in them, and yet their children were abused. The guilt lies solely with the predator. It's like blaming an attractive woman for being abused for being too attractive or wearing clothing that shows a bit of cleavage or too much leg.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4619 (view)

Posted: 11/9/2017 4:32:50 PM
Moore seems to have been a scumball for quite some time with many of his attitudes. Just have to love the way Christianity is hidden behind - brings to mind the years of Tammy Faye Baker crocodile tears and Jim Baker's spouting "Forgive me Lord, for I have been caught..er sinnnnned". And this guy is also the founder and president of the Foundation for Moral Law. Wonder who else's lives he's screwed up while being a judge. All this Republican calamity would be funny in a Keystone Cop kinda way, if it wasn't so disturbing how so many low lives wind up in the positions they do...I guess it's because they are low lives and have cheated their way to their positions.
 chameleonf
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 11/9/2017 12:58:47 PM
Well, there are interesting articles about everything, aren't there, including one that states those who swear may, in fact, possess a larger vocabulary than those who don't swear: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3949986/Is-swearing-sign-intelligence-People-curse-larger-vocabulary-don-t.html
 chameleonf
Msg: 87 (view)

Posted: 11/9/2017 12:39:51 PM

Ps The bad guy will always find the way to get guns.

Using that logic, the addicts will always find a way to get drugs. So what's the big outcry about the opioid epidemic? - don't regulate doctor over/incorrect prescription of drugs and don't regulate guns or the existing legislation governing both. Meh, save all that energy thinking of ways to change things for the better that have gotten way out of control...nothing that hand wringing, sending condolences and praying won't take care of in either case.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3716 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 11/9/2017 9:42:01 AM

In any case, Trump is neither monster nor savior, and that is surely evident on this first anniversary of the Trump victory. Like with all successful demagogues, people see what they want to see in Trump. And that goes for his enemies as well as his friends. The former see a world-destroying Devil, while the latter thought he might restore the slogan and policy of “America First” in its original meaning. At the end of Year One, we can say that neither extreme has been observed or achieved.

I don't believe there was a deadline for his great potential to cause much destruction within and without U.S. borders. He's doing his bumbling best at the moment while abroad to keep his big mouth shut, likely because he's been a missile away from his own demise (good thing it was the "weather" that kept him away from the DMZ). He'll be back soon enough to further crap in his own bed while a safer distance away.
 chameleonf
Msg: 64 (view)

immigration & jobs
Posted: 11/9/2017 8:13:57 AM
^That's not surprising. Trump is proving he couldn't negotiate himself out of an open wet paper bag with holes in it. Just like his beaking off about China during his campaign and with tweets - face to face with them, he isn't as tough as he liked to pretend. https://www.ft.com/content/e26abe7c-c53c-11e7-b2bb-322b2cb39656
 chameleonf
Msg: 1448 (view)

Trump is President
Posted: 11/9/2017 8:04:09 AM
Like extreme vetting of immigrants before entering your country, the U.S. looks like it should extreme vet their politicians and their minions before they are voted/allowed into positions. What a cesspool!
 chameleonf
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2017 3:56:31 PM
^So you're about banning instead of reforming or enforcing existing laws?? Wellll, the statistics may go down if you ban Republicans rather than Democracts:
In addition, gun ownership is strongly linked to party affiliation: While 44% of Republicans and independents who lean to the Republican Party say they own a gun, only 20% of Democrats and Democratic leaners say the same.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/22/key-takeaways-on-americans-views-of-guns-and-gun-ownership/
 chameleonf
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2017 2:29:20 PM
Here are more stats with drop downs. https://everytownresearch.org/gun-violence-by-the-numbers/

While true that suicide by gun is (or was at the time of the above link) disproportionately higher than the remainder of gun "deaths", this does not include injury - just deaths. Apparently for every one gun death there are two more injured at an average rate of 200 per day (or 73,000 per year), and that doesn't state the degree of injury (ya know, like those who have been shot in the head and survive, but vegetatively). I don't know about you, but as bad as suicide by gun is, injury and death to others who don't have a say in the matter would be of even more concern to me. The opioid epidemic is decried because of the loss of life and collateral damage caused to families and others members of society because of it. There were 64,000 people who died from drug overdoses in 2016 and as at 2015 12,979 homicides by gun and climbing yearly. Between the two, it's like you have a war going on within your own borders with more deaths caused from within than actual active war outside your borders. And yet...hand wringing, prayers, and deflection to other means of death is the order of the day, on top of "now is not the time to discuss it" or "let's not politicize it". Apathy seems to rule the day...or a fear that a "change" to the 2nd Amendment means giving up the precious guns altogether, rather than well thought out, national, logical regulations.
 chameleonf
Msg: 8 (view)

Is Swearing Okay
Posted: 11/8/2017 1:11:25 PM
I forgot the site would auto correct. The last word in the link, of course, is fvck, spelled correctly.

Swearing may be more common in foreign than English-speaking countries. For example, it's a part of everyday vocabulary in France or Greece

This is true. English speaking countries tend to be much more uptight and phoney in open and yet full of all kinds of baggage behind the scenes. It must still be a holdover from the Victorian era. What actually makes my eye twitch is a person who deliberately swears and then says, "Pardon me" - an attempt at phoney etiquette, whereas the actual swearing wouldn't have bothered me in the least.
 chameleonf
Msg: 6 (view)

Is Swearing Okay
Posted: 11/8/2017 12:31:11 PM
An oldie but goodie - content warning for the verbal faint of heart: https://www.vagalume.com.br/monty-python/the-usage-of-the-word-****.html I would have ampersanded all over the last word in the link for those who might take offense, but then the link would be ineffective.
 chameleonf
Msg: 16 (view)

At least 27 people have died
Posted: 11/7/2017 3:25:52 PM

My compassion and empathy go out to those who are hurting... My ire goes to folks who need to bash and blame and politicize a tragedy like this.

Is it not possible to have compassion and empathy for those who are hurting and at the same time demand that something be done about the gun situation in your country? Surely your citizens can chew gum and walk at the same time. This is what kills me about when these things keep happening - not just the mass murders but murders and "accidental" shootings that happen with such incredible frequency. The fact that any change has to go through political machinations to make it happen doesn't make it politicized - the laws are political in and of themselves. This should be a bi-partisan issue and the only ones making it "politicized" are those who cow tow to the NRA.

I agree with some of the positions of both Rep. and Dem. Backing a party to the core is just a wee bit narrow minded.

It would appear that neither party has much to offer of late: http://www.people-press.org/2017/11/02/declining-confidence-in-trump-lower-job-ratings-for-congressional-leaders/11-2-2017_11/ - as stated before, you need an infusion of new, young, politically/diplomatically/policy savvy individuals before there will be any meaningful change, likely under a new banner - the donkeys and elephants have become a circus act more than ever.
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2017 10:35:28 AM

Part of being an American is our willingness to stand up to tyranny and injustice.

If that's the case, then use your votes to stand up to the tyranny and injustice within your own political system, especially the current one.

You don't like the fact that others bash your country. If your country and its decisions didn't affect the rest of the world, there would be no need to constantly do so in an effort to replace the "rah rah siss boom bah we are the greatest" (at being one of the worst) with rational thought. It's great to be patriotic, but one has to wonder at the symbolism of that patriotism. When it comes to your 2nd Amendment, it was designed at a time when a well armed militia consisted of muskets that, if used by an expert, could only load and shoot three times in the space of one minute. Based on the fact that there is roughly one gun per individual, you could still use only muskets and be a "well armed militia". But, instead, you're more willing to create and promote your own problems and wring your hands about them and pray than you are to do anything meaningful about them.

It's not that your people are "hated"...it's blatant stupidity that's hated. Constantly spinning in defence of an inept president instead of acknowledging a huge mistake was made allowing him to be voted in is stupid. Definitely not all are stupid, but when you have a leader who is, you don't stand much chance of having the rest of the world look favourably upon your country as a whole. Stand up to your "dumb, fat, lazy" (and bullies) and you won't been seen as part of the problem. Vote out those who aren't speaking up now for fear of offending the base. Make them lose their coveted positions because of it instead of having them think that not speaking out will make their party stay in power. The party in power now is doing absolutely nothing for it's citizens, so make them pay for the error of their ways. Vote for those with realistic reform ideas towards the betterment for your citizens, rather than a misplaced allegiance to a party or thinking that a politically uneducated buffoon is the right person for the change you are so desirous of. In other words, be the meaningful change instead of just talking about it and hoping that a spin of the wheel (Trump) will present you with it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2017 9:04:39 AM
Saw Trump speaking on TV this morning. When asked if he believed that more stringent vetting for gun ownership could have prevented the latest U.S. slaughter he said, no, and that if the individual who shot the madman before he did himself in didn't have a gun, hundreds more would have died. What an idiot. In other words, he's still of the opinion that hands should be thrown up in the air and there is nothing that can be done. I guess this means that more rapid fire assault weapons and bump stocks and flack jackets will be continued to be allowed to be sold...because there is simply nothing that can be done about it and there will never be a "now" to discuss the issue and make meaningful change.

Is it any wonder that when I came into my office and got on the internet, one of the first articles that popped up was a 2017 list of the 50 most peaceful countries globally and the U.S. didn't even make the 50th spot. So I went further and found a full list of 163 countries and found that the U.S. didn't even make it under the 100th spot - 114th!!! Funny how your neighbour to the north, which has better gun control laws and no wall separating it from you in the U.S., ranks 8th on the list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index
Yup, the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, NOT!
 chameleonf
Msg: 4612 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2017 12:39:47 PM
l2l: Which proves, just because you are given millions of dollars to play with real estate while cheating people, doesn't mean you understand world politics/adversaries and that as conniving as you think you are, there's always someone better at it. Which also trickles down to just because you think an individual has made money playing with real estate while cheating people, doesn't make that person competent to run a country, while cheating the very people who voted for that person. This is the reason you don't collude with an adversarial country with expertise and many years dealing in collusion, extortion and blackmail. When that wears thin, the frying your a$$ begins. It's a huge pot of you (Trump and politically unintelligent die hard supports) all reap what you sew.
 chameleonf
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2017 10:39:10 AM

Funny that also, the NRA isn't pointing out how states like Texas and Las Vegas with their liberal gun ownership laws, are preventing these things from happening? Texas allows open carry of long rifles on its city streets.

It shouldn't be regulated state by state or county by county either, but national regulations which would help keep guns from travelling as easily from far less regulated States to regulated States. For example, a lot of good it does to have an assault-weapons ban in Cook County but not the same regulations elsewhere throughout the country. I know what Trump would suggest...build a wall around Cook County.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4 (view)

b/c they want to be responsible for their own downfall
Posted: 11/6/2017 10:23:54 AM

set something on fire and then sell the fire insurance.

...but like selling fire insurance after the fire has already been started, it's a case of buyer beware - the policy's no good on a claim previous to the policy coming into effect. In other words, other world leaders aren't so stupid as to not understand Trump's methodology and may well turn to more trustworthy of the untrustworthy sources, understanding Trump can be such a turncoat in his "negotiations". Trump's carpe diem attitude is just as bad as his Japanese carp feeding - done with little to no understanding of what he's doing, nor of the longer term ramifications of either.
 chameleonf
Msg: 54 (view)

The Anti-Hate Group That Is a Hate Group
Posted: 11/5/2017 9:19:58 PM
My first inclination was not to even bother continuing to respond, however, being that I asked you to explain yourself further, and you did, and because you posted directly to me, I will where warranted.

It's surprising that you tell women off at all who complain. I haven't seen it yet. I can remember in that "Post your unpopular opinions here" thread someone whinged about mansplaining (which is another ultra sexist feminist term.) You were no were to be seen.

The definition of mansplaining is: " (of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing." How on earth do you deem that to be an ultra sexist feminist term when, in fact, the act of mansplaining, in itself, is a male chauvinist act? To clarify further for you, the definition of male chauvinist is: "a man who believes that women are naturally less important, intelligent, or able than men, and so does not treat men and women equally".

I find it odd that you would refer to a thread I hadn’t posted on to base some sort of claim, however, if that’s the game you want to play, looking at your history, other than this thread, you have posted on only two other visible threads to date. Not surprisingly, those other two threads contain such statements from you as follows:
Today's women are disgustingly shallow. … more interested in obsessively looking for a reason to reject men … men are undervalued while women are overvalued. … Even a fat unemployed woman living with her parents would be more valued than the average male. … Men get blamed and shamed for not putting in enough effort while if a woman puts in none and she's not getting any luck, it's still somehow the fault of men because the male population aren't decent and good enough.
Not having read those threads before, it is clear that my initial conclusion was correct about you. You either have had problems with women in your life or you don’t understand your own culpability in said problems i.e., your whining attitude isn’t doing you any favours.

With respect to Antifa and BLM, you are simply broad brushing the organizations like you are broad brushing women as evidenced above. Other than neo-Nazis, alt-right, white supremacists, and whatever other names they go by (whose agendas are entirely comprised of hate, bigotry of all kinds and racism) many well intentioned groups have radical offshoots that veer from the original intent, much in the same way that ISIS is a radical offshoot of Islam. Antifa can be traced to Nazi Germany as Anti-Fascist Action and BLM started out with a mission to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. The radical offshoots of each has done a disservice to those fighting the good fight in a non-radical manner. Not surprisingly, what all the offshoots have in common is pushback when it is felt they are losing ground – kind of like Trump saying when he’s hit, he hits back 10 times harder – not exactly the most intelligent or best course of action when attempting to make a case. Sure it makes your voice heard but the message and intent becomes distorted.

With respect to feminism/ists, you’re quite off the mark once again as pointed out to you by others. Are there radical offshoots?...no doubt, which again distorts the intent and purpose. Feminism is about equality, not about being better than or putting men down. With respect to this by you:
To criticise men so much, even to the point of how they sit on public transport, is an indicator within it's self that there is something seriously wrong with modern feminism.
Seriously?? Sorry, but this shows you really don’t have a clue. You are referring to manspreading which is nothing more than rude male behaviour that is no less rude than women spreading out their belongings so as not to allow other parties, men or women, to make use of the space as it is intended, or rude people cutting in line, or rude people doing any number of rude things.

They blame the white male patriarchy. All 3 groups seem to think all white men are privileged and should be blamed and shamed due to what less than 1% of white men have ever done.

What stands out to me in the above, more than anything, is your terminology. It is very telling. The definition of patriarchy is: “a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it. - a society or community organized on patriarchal lines.” You simply do not understand what equality is, whether it has to do with equal rights for all, equal rights for persons of colour, or equal rights for women. You don’t appear to believe in it and cry foul when others want it for themselves and others, and feel if they request/demand it, you are somehow lesser of a white man (white man are your words, not mine). Sorry, but that’s on you, not on others.

I will say that in many cases concerning divorce, child custody and spousal support, the pendulum has swung a bit off centre negatively when it comes to men but is gaining grounds in a corrective direction – but that doesn’t mean it applies to all men at all times and it certainly doesn’t mean it’s only applies to strictly white men. Now I’m done.
 chameleonf
Msg: 126 (view)

Las Vegas Carnage Questions
Posted: 11/5/2017 4:30:21 PM
Let me guess...now is not the time to discuss amendments/regulations to the second amendment. Apparently it's always too soon because your mass murders and individual murders by gun are so frequent there's not enough time between them to discuss them. Pathetic.
 chameleonf
Msg: 117 (view)

Las Vegas Carnage Questions
Posted: 11/4/2017 8:29:20 AM
^are you suggesting only one thing should, or can, be focused on at a time?
 chameleonf
Msg: 530 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2017 7:18:53 AM
No, Walts...no problem at all determining between the two.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4571 (view)

Posted: 11/3/2017 2:50:55 PM
I'd say that those who voted for Trump were more poorly politically educated, whether that means being self taught or taught via an educational system. As has been said before, you can't simply vote for someone because you want "change" without realizing if the person you are choosing is remotely capable of effecting that change. A number of people voted for Trump because they thought being wealthy must mean he must know how to make them, if not wealthy, at least better off. One has nothing to do with the other. I've known multi-millionaires who, although successful/lucky in their field, were dumber than a doorknob outside of their field. And like Dee says, I've known a number of people who didn't have any college education at all who could dance circles around those with an education, both financially and intellectually, because they researched and learned on their own.

The downfall with the majority of Trump supporters, both educated and not, was that they voted on emotion rather than educating themselves about who they were supporting. Being a crass loudmouth is not "telling it like it is" - it's just being a crass loudmouth and doesn't equate to knowing about what you're spouting off about - Trump was and is nothing but a bunch of sound bites with no policy knowledge, as has been proven out time and time again. He works his presidency like he works his businesses. Telling who he hires what he wants done without any knowledge of how to do it himself - and if they don't get it done, keep firing and hiring until he gets a result. Governing politically simply doesn't work that way because he's not the boss of everyone like he erroneously thought he would be. The remainder of Trump voters fell into other categories like "anyone but HC" and die hard party over policy. Combine that with voter complacency of non-Trump supporters and you got what you and the rest of the world has to deal with on a daily basis - ridiculous and dangerous incompetency .
 chameleonf
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2017 12:24:33 PM

Great, next time a woman/feminist complains, she needs to "woman up"? Or is it only childish when males complain? What I find childish is hypocrisy. Being a hypocrite is childish.

Nope, I don't tell whining women to woman up, I tell them to stop their whining and put their big girl panties on and stop blaming other people while they sit on their butt simply complaining; not being proactive or understanding their own culpability that leads them to the whine in the first place. All kinds of things can fall into this category like getting pregnant on purpose and expecting others to pay for their choice, simpering attitudes and expecting men to pay their way in life, not willing to learn new things so they can stand on their own two feet, etc.

People usually use the "man up" card when men complain because they're intellectually bankrupt to make a reasonable argument against what he is saying so they resort to ad hominem attacks instead.

Speaking of intellectually bankrupt, I have asked you to enumerate your complaints that lead you to believe that the "white" "men" are hated, upon which you based post. You have yet to do that, choosing instead to center now on disliking being told you are acting like a man-child by blaming other people for what you perceive to be hate towards you - a "white" "man". Again, what are your particular grievances? What has personally been done to you that you, personally, feel hated. This was your assertion, not mine...I'm only responding to it and, to this point, you have been unable to explain yourself, other than, basically, "I'm a "white" "man" and I think a couple of organizations hate "white" "men"...and...feminists hate "white" "men" per:

One thing that all these hate groups have in common is that they hate white men.
, topped off with some "white" "men" hate "white" "men" too per

These groups include white men who seem to love self flaggelation.
What...are...your...reasons? Could it be that you dislike black people who feel they have some grievances, women of all races who feel they have some grievances, and white men who don't dislike the same groups you do? 'splain yourself, Lucy!
 chameleonf
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2017 10:47:18 AM

How ironic. I think most groups on the left are hate groups. Antifa is a hate group, black lives matter is a hate group, feminism is a hate group.

One thing that all these hate groups have in common is that they hate white men. These groups include white men who seem to love self flaggelation.

and then:

In other words they bring your race and gender into it to determine if you're validated to complain or not.

hmmm...let's see...your quotes, you bringing up "white" and you bringing up "men". The term "man up" isn't a sexist statement it's a "grow up" statement. The whining is that of an individual who is by chronological age a man but the whining is like that of a boy who is told he's had enough playing of Xbox and to go to bed and doesn't like it.

How about you enumerate your perceived grievances instead of generalizing. In other words, where have/are you being treated so unfairly as a "white" "man" as compared to those you accuse of being "leftist" hate groups and self-flagellators.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4531 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2017 9:49:46 AM

the usa owe these people nothing

This is true - the U.S. doesn't owe them anything insofar as being allowed to move to your country. Would that it could be possible to make them poof! be gone and not be allowed to enter ever again to let you see the difference in your country without all the people you deplore and are afraid of for one reason or another. I think you'd soon find that population diversity in a country is as important as economic diversity. Trump is saying he wants to let in only the best - unfortunately, with him as leader, the best are finding other places than the U.S. to go at an even faster rate than before he was in power. Your status as most powerful will eventually slide as you close yourselves off in trade, immigration and diplomacy.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4523 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2017 9:12:12 AM

I can only imagine how much it must bother the orange kool-aid drinkers that their toddler-in-chief moron has been a spectacular failure.

The following is just a little over a month old, however, given how many more idiotic things Trump says and does daily, I'm sure the world ratings of the Failure-In-Chief are even worse today. http://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/world-opinion-trump-u-s/
 chameleonf
Msg: 505 (view)

Posted: 11/1/2017 11:28:41 AM

I think ya misunderstood everything I wrote. It might be that language barrier: Canadian vs. American.

Yes, there is that Canadian vs. 'merican language barrier. You did misunderstand. I will clarify for you: You would appear to have been, and still are, as classless as you were at 16, as are the women you have relayed your experiences with on here from time to time. Hope that helps.
 chameleonf
Msg: 498 (view)

Posted: 11/1/2017 9:30:35 AM
^All I can say is that all these women who you say have hit on you over your lifetime must have been attracted to your classiness...in a water seeking it's own level sort of way. Not to worry though, you've still got it, no matter your age!
 chameleonf
Msg: 8 (view)

Consumer confidence hits highest level since December 2000
Posted: 10/31/2017 1:02:21 PM
Not so, Dee. The Stock Market is very speculation based. When it crashes it will be based on various things, world wide, including but not limited to any number of policies the current administration manages to pass. People will likely blame Trump if it happens on his watch, however, another Black Monday is more based on panic driven investors than anything else. But put it this way, if Trump figures he can take credit for the current stock market, he better be ready to take the credit when the bubble bursts, because those who lose will have to blame someone for some of their own choices, and Trump seems to have volunteered for the position, being that he's also volunteered for the position of its current state.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2017 12:48:19 PM
^^ Being that you're of the same mindset as the OP it only proves my point that you are one of the "others" who blame other people for your own shortcomings. That he happens to be white amplifies the fact that he feels he's trodden upon because of that fact. His profile states he's not from the U.S., which only serves to further prove that white supremacists don't have any borders, although they expect those who are non-white to stay within theirs, otherwise it stresses their lil sensibilities.

vvv When people are treated on an equal level, then we can talk. White supremacists have believed they are at the top of the "cast system" for so long that any headway made by others to be treated equally and fairly is seen by them as an insult to their "whiteness"...whatever the hell that's supposed to be proud of, other than a genetic quirk of fate.
 chameleonf

Posted: 10/31/2017 11:10:35 AM
pffft...introverted white boy who hasn't learned to man up to this point in his life and has to find someone to blame for his own or other's shortcomings who are of the same mindset.
 chameleonf

Consumer confidence hits highest level since December 2000
Posted: 10/31/2017 10:42:46 AM
To what do you owe this statistic? Trump? Hardly. There are a great many factors that go into consumer confidence, not the least of which is people not understanding U.S. economics and world economics. Economic conditions/expectations can "look" good, not in spite of but because of Cat losses. It winds up being a net zero when jobs lost during and right after the aftermath are diverted to other forms of employment (construction/infrastructure). At this point, there still aren't enough construction workers for the job after the hurricanes, creating the appearance of job creation to some, rather than job loss or status quo overall. http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2017/09/05/hurricane_harvey_rebuild_wont_create_jobs_it_will_divert_them_102853.html

The stock market is also following a trend. The conditions are closely mirroring those of 1987's Black Monday: http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/863541/Stock-market-crash-dow-jones-2017-Black-Monday-1987-forecast

Stock market speculation and consumer confidence based on speculation is just that - speculation, not reality. Trump has not been responsible for job creation in the private sector in any meaningful way, even though he likes to pretend he has. He has yet to reform healthcare and tax reform. If you want to speculate, imagine what the consumer confidence will be in the next six months if his "policies" miraculously push through and if his isolationist visions start coming to fruition. The rest of the world will leave you in their dust and your currency may yet become the yen.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4452 (view)

Will President Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 10/30/2017 3:30:56 PM

In a way, it would probably not be a bad thing in the long run...because that will create the kinda mass pandemonium we need to ignite a social turn-around here in the US

Yup, would likely create the impeachment process...and then before you know it the mid-terms will be there.

I hear Trump's ratings have now slipped from 38% to 33%. No amount of wiping out Obama's legislation is going to make Trump's ratings what Obama's were at the same point in time of holding the position. That one's really gotta stick in the orange idiot's craw. It's like Trump's doing the limbo.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4446 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 12:37:42 PM
pffft...this is just the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end of the investigations. It's hard to say who will roll over and say what...if anything...but it really doesn't look good. Trump boasted of surrounding himself with only the "best"...he's either the crappiest when it comes to determining what the "best" is, or he meant the best of shady characters. How many is that now?? Who suggested these people to him or did he pick them himself? Either way, not too bright if he figured he could escape having their dirt rub off on him and vice versa. Now to see if he'll be stupid enough to try to fire Mueller and/or, if he's still kicking around when this first bunch get sentences, if he pardons any of them.
 chameleonf
Msg: 459 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2017 3:38:32 PM
So, people won't boycott the NFL because of the above stated criminal activity but they will suggest it for not standing during a song that has nothing to do with the game itself. Twisted!
 chameleonf
Msg: 4427 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2017 11:14:47 AM

Company history[edit]

Whitefish Energy was founded in 2015 by Andy Techmanski.

In 2016, a 51% stake in the company was sold to Comtrafo S.A.[1]

Hurricane Maria[edit]

After Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico in October 2017, Whitefish received a $3.7 million contract from the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) worth up to $300 million over two years to rebuild their electrical grid.

PREPA chose Whitefish Energy rather than using their mutual aid agreements with mainland utilities. The American Public Power Association (APPA) said PREPA didn't respond to mutual aid offers, and "had already contracted with Whitefish Energy by the time [APPA] convened a conference call to coordinate aid".[2][unreliable source?] Whitefish Energy sent 300 workers, mostly subcontractors, to Puerto Rico after receiving a $3.7 million initial payment and contract to rebuild 100 miles of transmission lines. Whitefish expects to have 1000 workers involved with the contract, which is worth $300 million total.[3][4][5][6]

Before PREPA, Whitefish's largest contract was a $1.3 million electrical upgrade in Arizona.[3] Whitefish had two employees when the hurricane struck; their primary investor, HBC Investments, was founded by Joe Colonnetta. Colonnetta was a "major Trump donor" during the 2016 presidential campaign. The Washington Post also reported Whitefish's CEO Andy Techmanski as being a friend of United States Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke, who is also from Whitefish, Montana.[7]
 chameleonf
Msg: 62 (view)

Predict what Trump will do to North Korea
Posted: 10/24/2017 3:55:52 PM
^^^ I'm only thinking that if more from his own party start denouncing him for his horrible behaviour, on all fronts, that it may start to turn the tide towards the 25th. If I lived in your country, I wouldn't be voting for party alone as so many of you do. I'd vote for who I believed was the best representative and who had the best knowledge in the most areas. Voting for "something/someone different" because change is desired and because they liked Celebrity Apprentice isn't thinking outside of the box. People put more thought into what pair of shoes they're going to wear than who they are going to vote for. If such wasn't the case, Trump wouldn't be POTUS.
 chameleonf
Msg: 60 (view)

Predict what Trump will do to North Korea
Posted: 10/24/2017 2:49:00 PM
Very true gto. Maybe that's why we're seeing more people from Trump's own party denouncing his behaviour. He's definitely not doing anything great for national security which is desperately needed right now, something Flake and Corker know far more about than Trump.

OT - Tom Tillis was pretty funny with the bag of popcorn today. Sounds like a day in the POF forums!

Show ALL Forums