Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What good things has Trump accomplished?
 chameleonf
Msg: 105 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 3/1/2017 8:54:18 AM
It wasn't a "good" speech. It was just the same empty fluff not spoken in the manner of his rally speeches, which made it seem nicer than usual. The next day or two at the most following his teleprompter speeches he gets somewhat "favourable" reviews - then back to reality when his tweets and rallies says what he really thinks and plans - that is if he can remember what he says from one speech to the next. If he seems to be softening on anything he's said before, it's because he's finding it will be impossible to pass much of what he's stated because he will not have the support of even his own party members. He's still the same Idiot-In-Chief he was a month ago and has accomplished nothing but contributing to further divisiveness that already existed.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7947 (view)

The Lying King is President
Posted: 2/1/2017 12:18:06 PM
I can't stand Pence either because I don't believe that religion has any place in government and every time he opens his mouth it's like hearing a sermon from the pulpit like so many of the other "forgive me Lord for I have sinned" snakes that hide behind their religion for their own gain. I suppose Pence's religious beliefs are a huge problem to those his religious beliefs affect - that's why the problem, but one largely limited to the U.S. poulation. That being said, because Pence displays more vital diplomacy, he'd be less likely to enflame other countries to the degree that Trump does and that's where more danger lies. If the citizens of the U.S. want to screw up their own country by who they vote for, fine by me - but that's not the way it works. The rest of the world is impacted in oh so many ways by the lunatic now in power, as is being shown in less than a two week period.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7940 (view)

The Lying King is President
Posted: 1/31/2017 1:47:35 PM
^^^ Ouija: I'm loving that the media is calling him out on every lie, using his words against him. The problem as I see it, they weren't nearly as tough on him during the last 18 months as they should have been. He or his surrogates would lie and twist and they just kind of let them go with it with very little counter attacking (contrary to what Trump would have you believe). They gave him too much free time before he was ever nominated. Now they're giving him all kinds of time too but they're calling him and those associated with him on everything. News media isn't supposed to judge, but they can certainly point out all Trump's and his cronies' lies and provide clips of what they have said and tweets they have made. He gets what he gets now for calling them the dishonest ones.

Me thinks they're on a mission to help do a Tricky D!cky on him. Doesn't matter if his followers don't believe what's being reported - they'd believe him if he handed them a chunk of Swiss cheese and said he brought it back from the moon. It's the people who were previously on the fence and those who didn't vote at all that will turn the tide in a couple of years, whether or not Pence winds up taking over before that time for one reason or another.
 chameleonf
Msg: 878 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 1/31/2017 9:53:57 AM

I am afraid Trumps real agenda is to start a new war likely with Iran.

...especially since he's said more than once that the middle east's oil should have been confiscated as in steal Iran's so Iraq couldn't take it. Had the balls to reiterate the stupid, illegal comment most recently in his imbalanced, rambling speech to the CIA when he was going on about his "numbers". Said it was a "missed chance" and that maybe they (lmfao the CIA) may have another chance. If it's not his agenda, he'll eventually cause one anyway. Pump up that military! You're going to need it at the rate he's pissing off so many other countries, with the assistance of his gestapo-like, brown noser, weak willed minions he's gathered together to date. <--speaking of home-grown terrorists. Trumps supporters certainly seem terrorized by his propaganda.
 chameleonf
Msg: 874 (view)

Posted: 1/31/2017 8:49:43 AM
Interesting fact is that Muslims in Canada make up 3.2% of the population and in the States they make up 1% of the population. Granted the population of the U.S. is greater than Canada's but percentages are percentages. The statistics for Canada's "Islamic" terrorists since 1999 are comprised of the following 8. Keep in mind that Trump's ban list consists of Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia:

1. ties to Libya and Afghanistan (Afghanistan not on the list).
2. Lebanon (not on the list).
3. Jordon (not on the list).
4. Pakistan (not on the list).
5. Tunisian and Palestinian (not on the list) AND were helped to be caught by Canadian Muslims.
6. Francaphone Canadian mother/Lebanese father (not on the list).
7. Christian from Canada (not on the list).
8. The most recent "terrorist" is a ]French-Canadian who strongly associated himself with Donald Trump's ideals.

What seems to be most notable is the individuals who perpetrate these acts of terrorism have mental health issues, using a religious belief as the scapegoat for their sick, cowardly attacks on totally innocent individuals, much like the misguided Caucasian boy killing black members of a church had his mental health issues. It would seem that mental health issues need to be zeroed in on more than being on a witch hunt for Muslims coming into our countries who, themselves, more often than not are escaping their own warring countries' mentally challenged.

As far as "white trash" goes, it's no longer measured by wealth. Trump is white, is rich and is trash. Trash is trash.
 chameleonf
Msg: 852 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2017 3:07:51 PM

of course it's being treated as a terrorist attack vladthingy, that would be because it was .. carried out by a piece of white privilege trash terrorist living the good imperialistic life

Following idiot stick's logic, if he were the PM instead of POTUS, he'd ban all French Canadians entry to the rest of Canada. As much as Trudeau is a potato head in oh so many other ways, his statements regarding our Muslim neighbours here were entirely true.
 chameleonf
Msg: 843 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2017 1:01:54 PM

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday denied his immigration order was to blame for the chaos at the nation’s airports over the weekend, instead pointing to computer glitches, protesters and even the “tears of Senator Schumer.”

True to form. I said in another thread that he'd be attempting to scapegoat at the first opportunity. It reminds me of some of the YouTube posts where a toddler has lipstick all over its face and the parent asks them if they got into mommy's lipstick and they stand there and deny it - at least the toddler doesn't attempt to deflect and blame others. Trump likes to pull double duty lying and deflecting. Idiot!

....and now we have the worst 100 point drop since October in the Dow. Trump took credit for the climb, will he now take credit for the drop??
 chameleonf
Msg: 836 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2017 11:53:02 AM
^^^^yup...the difference being that Obama was deporting illegal immigrants. Trump was attempting to ban legal individuals who had already been "severely vetted".
 chameleonf
Msg: 7905 (view)

Was President Obama Hateful?
Posted: 1/30/2017 11:44:52 AM
^^ Totally agree with you, Whisky, combined with the fact that he's dumb as fack when it comes to international relationships, and is being advised by the likes of Steve Bannon, who's equally incompetent.

His press secretary is going to spin himself right into the ground, having just said in a conference that Trump went ahead with the ban over the weekend because the safety of America is paramount and that the impact is "overblown". They ignore the fact that the actions have made Americans less safe both inside and outside of their borders. Can't put a wall around U.S. citizens abroad!

Nice - Obama has just announced that he's glad citizens are monitoring, assembling and keeping in check the new administration and exercising their democratic right.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7892 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 6:21:05 PM
What?? You mean he's not going to select his sister?? How unlike him!
 chameleonf
Msg: 7877 (view)

Apparently former President Obama does business in the 7 countries?
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:21:27 PM
Pretty much Walts re the pattting his own back. Then, when he's fought on these matters and can't continue because it's either illegal or unconstitutional, he'll then tell his die-hard followers that it was everyone else's fault and they'll eat that bullshit as well. The only upside I can see to this clown act is it may get record numbers out to vote next time and kick the repugnant party out for a good long time. Too bad it can't be sooner than later.
 chameleonf
Msg: 73 (view)

Legal or illegal? Not all executive orders are legal or possible
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:08:33 PM
Damned kobo double posting!
 chameleonf
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 1:08:22 PM
Speaking of other countries sitting back and watching, I've heard there's a petition in Britain alone to ban Trump from visiting there. Condemnation from many countries' leaders, not just those of majority Muslim population. Trump may yet just get his wish for isolationism but it won't be something he negotiated for. The world will turn their backs on him and other countries will wind up being the one's to negotiate him down. This will drive him crazier than he already is.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7868 (view)

Apparently former President Obama does business in the 7 countries?
Posted: 1/29/2017 11:30:41 AM
When the reasoning being provided is safety due to terrorists coming from the countries on the currently implemented ban list, and no individuals from those countries have been terrorists, it doesn't make sense that the current president (being that he's the one causing the current uproar) would not ban the countries where a large number of terrorists emanated from. At this point, to draw Obama into it is moot. It must be Trump's new national security council (Bannon) advising...Inmates running the asylum.

^^^I was referring to others drawing Obama into it. So why not go through an act of congress to change it instead of this current inflammatory move?
 chameleonf
Msg: 7863 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 10:49:10 AM
More important are the countries not included. What is the possible rationale?

Exactly!!!vvv
 chameleonf
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 8:42:12 AM
Trump is only protective of Christians because of his Bible belt/Bible thumper party/following. If they were Buddhists he'd attempt to mimic that as well...With just as little success. Beazlebub more comes to mind when linking the name Trump to ANY religion. Now if there was a religion by the name of Dumb Assery Trump could legitimately be the leader of the flock.

VVV yes...Too bad the interpretation of separation between church and state wasn't a literal translation/manipulation of the original first amendment. Religion and politics is like mixing oil with water. The groupthink of religion has demonstrated distinct moral deterioration, despite protests to the contrary, as Trump and his party/followers demonstrate on a daily basis.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7859 (view)

Trump is a hateful man
Posted: 1/29/2017 7:54:31 AM
Since when did wondering about the reason for a hair color change amount to an "attack" on a person's looks? Seems to me Trump's followers have taken on thin skin by proxy. Whaaaa. I could show an example of an attack on his looks but that's already been done to death...Justifiably.
 chameleonf
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 7:42:33 AM
Sorry...Double post
 chameleonf
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2017 7:42:20 AM
Not to worry. Soon no one will want to enter the US. That would include professionals who have to date helped make your country a world leader in medicine, technology, etc. No one will want to trade anything with you and no one will trust you. Your infrastructure will become even worse than it already is; for instance, dumb ass has said that keystone pipeline will be made of ONLY American steel. Either it takes forever to complete at higher cost and/or your other projects requiring 'merican steel take even longer or don't get completed or even started. Border tariffs will raise your cost of living to the point a $20 minimum wage won't be enough to cover basic needs.

It's really interesting that none of the countries falling under the new ban had people perpetrating acts of terror, but each of three countries that did and aren't part of the ban have Trump properties. Which seems would be likely with the case of the buddying up to Putin and the lack of transparency by not releasing tax returns.

Soon to rename your country the United Shitshow of America.
 chameleonf
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2017 1:42:40 PM
Re #20 at the rate Trump and his ill advising advisers are going, they'll soon be calling on NATO to save their American asses. So, in effect, paying more than their fair share has been like self-insuring for a time when an idiot and his flunkies would sooner or later be allowed to be voted in by 1. A quarter of the population being politically/diplomatically uneducated and 2. A full half of the population being complacent, which in the end amounts to the same thing as #1.
 chameleonf
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2017 10:05:57 AM
Another example of knee jerk executive orders being signed and implemented without any substantial thought...Just for the sake of appeasing 1/4 of a population that is as unthinking as their leader. Is it becoming apparent to them yet that because one can be a dubiously successful businessman does not make it follow that he can be an effective world leader? 8 full days and how many problems already created? Give him a chance, indeed!
 chameleonf
Msg: 7850 (view)

The liberals are a hateful bunch
Posted: 1/28/2017 8:22:19 AM
I'm not intolerant of others' opinions. I'm intolerant of deliberate stupidity and blind faith followers. It would be one thing to have blind faith if the object of such blind faith affected only those with that affliction. It's quite another when ill thought out choices impact others in meaningful ways.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7848 (view)

The liberals are a hateful bunch
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:11:01 AM
I take no issue with being called a Trump hater. I do, in fact, hold an intense and passionate dislike for the idiot. I didn't, however, develop it by jumping on a band wagon of followers lacking critical thinking. Paying attention to what said idiot says and does allows me to come to my conclusions/feelings all by my lil own self.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7838 (view)

not even a week, and even Fox News fact checks Trump!
Posted: 1/27/2017 2:34:55 PM

The POTUS Turd is on CNN now. Is it me, or does it seem his "hair" is less orange now? Like he bleached it white or washed out his cheez doodle-y color?

It's probably turning white from the shock of people having the audacity to question him and call him on his bullchit that he's got away with his entire life...except for his brown nosing cronies that are hanging around to hold their positions (for awhile).
 chameleonf
Msg: 38 (view)

Mike Pence and Trump on Israel
Posted: 1/27/2017 9:54:20 AM
tomfiend: Interesting that you talk of exterminating certain people while in the same breath you abhor others who have exterminated in a pot meet kettle sort of way. While your opinions are your own, you should be ashamed of yourself - which is, of course, JMO.
 chameleonf
Msg: 732 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2017 1:55:37 PM

But now a 20% tax on Mexican imports. Becoming like V for Vendetta

Which ultimately will trickle down to U.S. citizens purchasing said imports as an increased price or you won't get the goods. China must be loving this!
 chameleonf
Msg: 7798 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 1/26/2017 1:48:39 PM
Perhaps, Dayna, the poster believes that you have to be religious to vote for Trump. He certainly seems to be worshipped in a gawd-like manner by many who are following with a peculiar sort of blind faith and limited common sense. But what can you expect from an individual who believes there is no bad weather, only "different kinds of good weather". I'm sure those who have survived killing hurricanes have come through it and said, "That was sure different good weather I survived."
 chameleonf
Msg: 7790 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 1/26/2017 8:35:02 AM
7789: Your comments totally lost any credibility when placing Trump in the same sentence with the words principles and discipline. The problem is that he "seems" to you to be principled, and disciplined - seeming to be and actually being are two different things. His principles change from minute to minute and he's woefully undisciplined. Righteous?? Self-righteous is more like it. Morals? Surely you jest. From his own mouth, it much more than "seems" he has the morals of an alley cat.

Giving this man a chance is tantamount, as I've said before, to giving North Korea the "chance" to develop and send a nuclear warhead to a coast near you. As far as being "impartial" about him, it is impossible when he is not, himself, "unbiased, unprejudiced, neutral, nonpartisan, nondiscriminatory, disinterested, detached, dispassionate, objective, open-minded, equitable, evenhanded, fair, fair-minded, just". Because he's none of those things, he's lost the chance for any kind of credibility and respect...the world over.
 chameleonf
Msg: 694 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2017 3:08:53 PM

“THESE PEOPLE HAD SUCH HATRED IN THEIR EYES WHEN THEY SCREAMED AT US” …This part is concerning.

The whole of it was concerning.

Random thought and off topic but the book “Less Than Human, Why We Demean, Enslave, and Exterminate Others” by David Livingstone Smith is a good read, just FYI

Don't have to read a book on the subject to know that people treat others in those ways because of incredible tribal insecurities, fears and self-loathing, mixed with a measure of greed.

Did everyone see Chelsea Handler bullying and Immigrant shaming Melania? Typical lib! SMH!

Didn't see it but if she did, it's unwarranted and typical of her usual trashy, crass comments. My question to you would be why would you place the words "typical lib" behind the statement? Funny you didn't place "typical conservative" behind the Amy Hastings Looney quote. In both cases, the behaviour and comments are indefensible, no matter a person's political leanings.

Good news: Nikki Haley first American-Indian UN Ambassador

Here you go again. If you believe she's the best person for the job, a simple "Good news: Nikki Haley is the UN Ambassador" would be appropriate. You may want to reread the "good read" you quoted above.
 chameleonf
Msg: 687 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2017 11:28:29 AM

If Trump’s actions would result in those caught being immediately jailed, the administration would have to grapple with how to pay for jail space to detain everyone and what to do with children caught crossing the border with their parents.

This morning he's stated through his press secretary that they are going to build more jails.

But he's frozen federal hiring... who's going to do all this work patrolling the border and deporting illegal aliens?

I guess he's frozen federal hiring and pay increases for those departments and employees already in existence. He's announced that he's going to hire 5,000 more individuals to monitor the border.

So, lets see...more spending on the military, more spending on the border fence, more spending on building jails, more spending on 5,000 border security personnel, more spending on infrastructure, some form of federal assistant for Chicago's crime problem, more spending on a voter fraud investigation, more money on the Keystone pipeline. So far there's an extreme amount of spending slated. How will this decrease your already bloated debt?

Looks to me as though those without jobs have the best shot attempting to get some sort of security job...but wait, more spending on education in order for them to be able to do the job properly. The housing market will get all screwed up as well with people moving to where the security jobs are.

Renegotiate NAFTA but piss off both neighbours and China, whom Trump loves to hate financially because they're "winning" more and more, will take up the slack.

And who gets to pay for all of these ill thought out plans that he just HAS to pass in his first 100 days? Certainly not corporations - they're getting a tax cut and incentives. So, if the medical insurance gets revamped and you actually get a reduction in premiums, etc. and possibly a reduction in pharmaceuticals eventually, guess whose taxes will have to go up to pay for all of this? I suppose your incomes can be supplemented by picking fruits and vegetables because of the freeze on immigration and visas for at least the next four months - oh wait...if only for four months then "others" will be allowed back to do those menial jobs - you're out of luck again.

What a shit show!
 chameleonf
Msg: 672 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2017 3:08:09 PM
Dee: Then it would behoove Trump to demand an immediate investigation - he's not doing so, nor did he or his party when he had more reason to "believe" it without substantiated proof when he had more fear of not winning the presidency. Just like I can't confirm Trump is suffering early dementia until there is certifiable proof.
 chameleonf
Msg: 664 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2017 1:49:26 PM
One has to wonder at what point Trump will be assessed for mental competency. At this point, it would seem the "studies and information" alleging voter fraud in the millions simply don't exist and, yet, he "believes" and goes back to this and crowd size and poll numbers as though he forgets he's no longer running but won the race. The fact that Spicer and the rest of Trump's brown nosing yes men aren't seriously counselling him to stop with this crap might have the ulterior motive that they are letting these kinds of things go in order to build the case that he's mentally incompetent, all the while shoving papers under his pen to pass as many things they've wanted to while they can.

Seriously, there is something the matter with the man. If you're familiar with the early symptoms of the disease, he displays many of them and those that aren't readily apparent, at least publicly yet, could well be hidden by the fact that he has, and has for some time, had others to do tasks that the ordinary individual would do for themselves, which hides the symptoms for longer. His insistence that his family members be so closely involved in his decisions and counsel could be another sign that he already doesn't trust himself to understand any number of things a person in his position should have a much better grasp of. Combine this with the fact that Alzheimers runs strongly in his family. It would make more sense to think this is Trump's malady than to realize that someone could be voted to such a position and yet be so repetitively ridiculous.
 chameleonf
Msg: 302 (view)

Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 9:31:50 AM
If "Indians" are so able to buy up franchises, manage IT systems and take over banks and other high paying jobs, what is stopping citizens of the U.S. from buying up franchises, managing IT systems and taking over banks and other high paying jobs? Is it lack of education, lack of ability or pure laziness with an expectation that their government should take care of them instead of finding alternative methods of seeing to their own needs? I believe there are many who fall into the first two categories through no fault of their own, however, there are just as many, and likely more, who fall into the latter category...and it doesn't matter if they're liberal or conservative. Some even hear whispering voices when no one else is in their vicinity, through no fault of their own.
 chameleonf
Msg: 638 (view)

Will Precedent Erect Donald Trump Last The Full First Year?
Posted: 1/23/2017 3:55:46 PM

I wonder if, 50 years from now, people will be asking "if you could go back in time, and kill Trump, would you do it"...

I don't think you have to go that far into the future nor ask that particular question. I'm betting that if you were to ask people right now if they could go back to the day of the election, would they vote differently - or actually vote, period. Trump's team keeps talking about resets after constant conflicts they are having after all their alternative truths (read blatant lies). Would be nice if you could have a reseted election day!
 chameleonf
Msg: 7665 (view)

Awesome day today!!!!
Posted: 1/21/2017 9:51:37 AM
"it stopped being great, when 1/2 the voters..." that's part of the problem. One half of one half of the population (1/4) actually voted him in. Today people are taking to the streets, whereas they should have taken to the streets prior to the election and actually VOTED in the first place. Don't become complacent prior to an election. It's far easier to vote than suffering the effects of complacency for four years.
 chameleonf
Msg: 272 (view)

Fake News is the point - its the new truth
Posted: 1/20/2017 4:39:26 PM
Today's Fact Check: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/fact-check-trump-starts-on-familiar-note-with-exaggeration/ar-AAm4HGw?li=AAggNb9&ocid=u143dhp

Three Fake Newsies for Trump in just that speech today - at least he's a consistent faker. Eventually he'll be known to his followers as "The Clown Who Cried Wolf" once they can start using logic (hmmmm...not sure that's likely, given the disconnect to date).

Ya know, it's just as well Trump doesn't like conventional media. It may just make them mad enough to report on the discrepancies more consistently, rather than just reporting the consistent crap that comes out of Trump's mouth without calling him on it in a verifiable manner.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7627 (view)

buy your commerative Inaugarational Dog Whistle and Raw Meat now!
Posted: 1/20/2017 3:14:35 PM
Dee: What you and his supporters don't seem to be able to wrap your heads around is the damage that can be done in a closing the barn door after the horse has fled sort of way. You/they, think they have it bad now...you likely haven't seen nuthin' yet. As per the following link: “If we were [sic] wait for all the ill effects that could come from this, too much damage to our democracy would occur,” said Ron Fein, legal director at Free Speech for People. “It will undermine faith in basic institutions. [...]" http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/ar-AAm4cxo?li=AAggNb9&ocid=u143dhp

It's not always just a matter of "don't like it, vote him out", particularly when dealing with other world leaders via inflammatory tweets. As I said, giving Trump "a chance" is like giving North Korea "a chance" to see if they can send a missile that will reach the U.S. coast. At least there are those actively looking for ways to legitimately impeach the now Clown in Chief.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7624 (view)

You people need a partner or at least a date to release all that.
Posted: 1/20/2017 2:49:29 PM

(Although ignoring reality is really, really, really hard).

Yes, it does seem like you are really, really, really struggling with it. I hear there's help for delusional thought - seek it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7617 (view)

theoretical mental masturbation
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:45:00 AM
^^ yeah...wait for him to start taking credit for the companies that had decided to reshore two and three years ago...

It wasn't a "bumbling" speech, being that it was read off of a teleprompter...it was simply the usual rhetoric at a venue that didn't warrant it. He had the usual type of crowd that any inauguration gets, but the tepid crowd response was pretty telling.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7614 (view)

theoretical mental masturbation
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:01:49 AM
That was the most pathetic speech I've ever heard an in-coming President make. You'd think the man was still on the campaign trail. Ringling Bros. had to go out of business because of the huge circus this clown, his party and supporters have created. For those saying he should be given a chance, that's tantamount to saying that North Korea should be given a chance to create a ballistic missile that will reach the shores of the U.S. This whole clown act would "almost" be funny if the ramifications stayed only within U.S. borders in a reap what you sough sort of way. Unfortunately, that's not the case.
 chameleonf
Msg: 539 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2017 2:11:17 PM
I think you're right on track, Cotter, that they never planned on him being president at all, never mind for the full 4 years. How he got to this point was that he was simply a vehicle based on the following he attracted and the GOP planned on riding on his coat tails, either thinking they could use him as their puppet and rein him in (good luck with that) or that he'd bow out to go back to running his businesses because he knows he's woefully underqualified, no matter who he surrounds himself with to "advise" him. He holds much stock in his daughter's advice but, clearly, she's not doing a very good job to this point and after the inauguration I can't see her having any more sway with him than she has to date. If she knows her father so well, she should have known he didn't have the ability to be a politician in any capacity, never mind president, and should have dissuaded him from running in the first place. So far he's flaming the fires with China, Germany, N. Korea, Mexico and his own country, et al...and is the puppet of Russia for whatever gawd awful reason - and it probably IS gawd awful.

I think Scotland has it pretty much right: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/scottish-tv-listing-dubs-trump-inauguration-nightmarish-twilight-zone-episode/ar-AAlTSxp?li=AAggFp5&ocid=u143dhp
 chameleonf
Msg: 25 (view)

wow, my name in headlines!
Posted: 1/11/2017 12:48:06 PM
While I disagree that others are having a difficult time processing and accepting the election results, being that it's a foregone conclusion that the fool will be president for however long that may be, I do agree that people who wish to make change do need to contribute to that change instead of, for instance, not voting at all. It's sad when you have approximately 25% of the population of a nation being able to vote in an incompetent, bumbling idiot (at least when it comes to politics - it's obvious he's been able to "make business deals" because of his ability to baffle with bullshit when dealing with others of the same greed mentality). Sadder still is that the majority of that 25% voted based on rhetoric that was largely hollow and false and that they didn't and still don't have the ability to discern it. Disgusting is the GOP who went along with the dog and pony show in order to preserve their seats, rather than being concerned about the discord he has and will continue to cause, instead of disassociating with him when they could have.

Wishing for peace and contentment is a nice, flowery, inane, kind of pageant queen contestant statement when not only the US but the world is faced with the ramifications created by the soon to be Commander-In-Tweet's ability to enflame nations and peoples that have the ability to literally blow part of your own citizens off the face of the earth caused by off the cuff, spontaneous, incredibly ill thought out (read stupid) 140 characters or less comments. But hey, he's not even to blame for that...we've been advised that we shouldn't listen to his words but to read his heart. What a f'ing joke!
 chameleonf
Msg: 471 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2017 7:27:42 AM
9:00 a.m. Mountain Time
 chameleonf
Msg: 52 (view)

Autism/Aspergers doesn't exist.
Posted: 1/10/2017 1:07:51 PM
Wow, some people are more concerned with labels (putting them on people) than they are with taking the time to actually do their research on a topic before they put their fingers to the keyboard. There is a spectrum to the malady in the same way that cancer has a spectrum. Not all cancers present the same, nor does all autism present the same. If a person has stage one cancer, does that mean they don't have it unless it's stage four? Is the treatment the same for one as it is for four? I'm sure there are misdiagnoses of cancer, just as there are for autism. The point is that both are very real maladies that cause much grief for both the individual affected and their families.

The bigger concern isn't the labeling or the small percentage of misdiagnosis. What is alarming is the fact that there are so many legitimately diagnosed. It seems the prevalence is increasing, which makes the cause just as important, if not more so, than any possible small percentage of misdiagnosis.
 chameleonf
Msg: 298 (view)

What is your prediction for next 4 years?
Posted: 12/31/2016 9:24:26 PM
It's not surprising he takes blogs as fact...So does the president reject.
 chameleonf
Msg: 254 (view)

What is your prediction for next 4 years?
Posted: 12/30/2016 3:32:41 PM
Obama was likely in a catch-22 situation re the Russian hacking. Perhaps no sanctions were brought against Russia until this week because prior to the election, there wasn't the preponderance of proof that has since come to light more recently. He's getting the "why didn't you say/do something earlier and why are you doing it now", with each scenario drawing derision just because it would be him doing it with the belief it has something to do with Trump.

What I find odd is that Trumpsters don't understand that the release of certain specific information could have further ramifications they couldn't hope to realize or understand and yet they demand to have the information released to them as proof the hack was Russian based. Even more astounding is that apparently Trump, the person who should be as knowledgeable on the topic as possible, isn't privy to the intelligence information himself, self-admittedly waiting until next week to go to actual briefings on the matter to get to the heart of the matter - he should already be at that point. Perhaps he has been briefed but still refuses to believe it of his ego stroking Russian friend, or he simply is too dense to understand what he's briefed about. Fooliani has suggested Trump hire his own intelligence team. I can see it now...he'd put together a team from Russia because they're good at hacking and "finding computer stuff out"...

Trump still doesn't realize, because of his inflated ego, that the issue post-election doesn't have anything to do with the results and no one is out to overturn them. It's a matter of not allowing Putin to get away with blatant interference (or any other country for that matter). One has to wonder if it was Kim Jong Un who was behind the hack, or if it was Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi who was behind the hack, if Trump and his supporters would be as nonchalant about it as they seem to be right now. It's funny how ego stroking Trump and, by proxy his equally feeble minded minions, can sway their thought processes. It's literally like watching deer caught at night in the shine of headlights, with the potential for equally disastrous results in one form or another. This time it was tampering with and leaking political party information which may or may not have swayed election results - one will never know. Would this same nonchalance be the reaction if it disrupted your banking system in a major way or electrical grid, particularly in the middle of a cold snap? Would Trump and his followers still put their collective heads in the sand and make like they graduated from the Kelly Ann Conway School of Spin Doctoring?
 chameleonf
Msg: 382 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2016 9:16:23 AM

The first "red flag" is his use of insult to dismiss anyone who disagrees with his opinion. Using insults like "trumpets" and "chump" are just plain childish and render his posts unworthy of serious consideration.

That's kind of my thought process when it comes to Trump...but beyond his goofy name calling which is juvenile when it comes to the seriousness of the position (which is far different than forum posting here), it's his bumbling attempts to be a serious leader and the stupidity that he displays on a daily basis that was the most logical reason making him unworthy of serious consideration in the first place by logical individuals (those who voted against him). It is that which will be the reason why he won't last for four years. The method of his demise from the position has a few possibilities.
 chameleonf
Msg: 238 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2016 3:41:03 PM

He is draining the swamp by choosing a team of gazillionaires.

Draining the swamp and filling it up to become a cesspool is more like it. Too bad Twitter operates from those murky depths...he's going to start something he won't be able to back out of. SNL sure has him pegged...moronic.
 chameleonf
Msg: 54 (view)

Vote recount? challenge results? Now that would be a mess
Posted: 11/29/2016 12:28:41 PM

Hmm, haven't read anything this nasty and dumb in awhile.

It does seem to go with the territory, doesn't it? Unfortunately, I suppose that's what happens when roughly 30% of the population votes in an equally nasty and dumb president simply because of poor voter turnout by those who could have made a difference by actually voting. So, again unfortunately, not only do the gullible/not too bright Trump followers get what they voted for, the complacent/apathetic remainder who didn't vote at all, or spoiled votes, get what they didn't vote for and really have no reason to complain. The most unfortunate aspect of it all is that the rest of the world has to live with the ramifications of the above because, due to a largely arrogant attitude in the States, their voting decisions are none of anyone else's business.
 chameleonf
Msg: 7246 (view)

Turd-elect president of repugnant turds (and unfortunately decent people too)
Posted: 11/25/2016 3:45:05 PM

That's going to cost the taxpayers plenty. The president-turd back and forth from Washington to NYC, in addition to costing an arm and a leg, is going to cause plenty of traffic problems in both Washington and NYC.

So far, they're thinking the Secret Service is going to be 400 individuals, that the Secret Service will be renting space at Trump Tower, with such rent being paid to the Trump Corporation. It just gets better and better (read crazier), doesn't it?

Show ALL Forums