Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Trump for President
 chameleonf
Msg: 2539 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/30/2016 11:29:23 AM
More disconcerting than Trump standing behind and lying with his campaign manager is the fact that in last night's Town Hall Meeting he stated he believes Japan and South Korea and perhaps more countries should have nuclear weaponry because the States is paying too much to defend it's allies around the world and believes at least those two countries could take care of any problems because of "proximity". I used to think his followers were sheeple but now I think they're closer to lemmings. Either way wtf's happened to people's cognitive reasoning?
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating site or hookups only?
Posted: 3/28/2016 11:12:33 AM
The guys who will even bother to write to you and tell you the site is only used for hookups are the ones who ARE looking for only hookups. They just get all pissy to the point of writing to you to tell you because you say that's specifically not what you're looking for...poor babies.
 chameleonf
Msg: 941 (view)

Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 3/24/2016 1:06:38 PM
In the States, up to 2015 and since 9/11: http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-terrorism-gun-violence/ - deduct the 3,000 who perished in 9/11 and you are left with 403,496

The point is that you have more to fear from your non-Islamic neighbours in the States on a daily basis than you do from radical Islamics. The greatest problem, as highlighted in the recent case in Belgium, is that officials who have the technology and ability to follow and detain the actual terrorists are not effectively communicating or monitoring known or suspicious terrorists and their family/acquaintances. The average Islamaphobe doesn't have any more ability to determine who to be fearful of any more than they have the ability to determine which of their white, non-Islamic, neighbours is going to commit a gun related act resulting in death...but hey, they're not of the Islamic faith or don't look like they could be, so it doesn't count.

There's no doubt there's a threat of terrorism and there's no doubt that there needs to be a system of vetting rather than a total open door policy, however, it's ridiculous to think it's an all or nothing situation. Total ostracizing both within and without your borders goes a long way to creating the problem you seek to avoid.
 chameleonf
Msg: 936 (view)

Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 3/24/2016 11:50:12 AM

I wonder if the fear and hatred of refugees would be a lot less and more tolerable if they were white Caucasians with names like Smith, Johnson, Wilson, etc.-and especially if they were English speaking.

There'd certainly be more fear without the ability to profile/abuse for those who can't wrap their heads around the fact that there's a difference between radical/insane extremist Islamics and peaceful, non-radical, sane, non-extremist Islamics. They somehow feel safer with the perception they can visualize their enemies by the colour of their skin or the clothing they wear or where they worship. People wouldn't know who to hate. There'd be an even greater rush to exercise the 2nd amendment right and there'd be more bloodshed than America already experiences by their existing non-refugee inhabitants in ridiculous numbers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 150 (view)

Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:06:20 AM

I don't care how old a woman is, as long as I find her attractive. I have said before, here in these forums, the percentage of women who are still attractive definitely declines with age.

Well, that explains it then. People in their 70s still date but not nearly as much as they would when younger because the percentage of women who are still attractive definitely declines with age, just as the percentage of men who are still attractive definitely declines with age. Maybe it's just that they don't "date" in public, according to the statistics to be found with respect to STDs being contracted by elderly individuals: http://www.benrose.org/Resources/article-stds-older-adults.cfm
 chameleonf
Msg: 2397 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/22/2016 11:26:11 AM
Re 2397: I wouldn't put my eggs in any of the Republicans' baskets, nor could I, however, the fact that Kasich has 18 years experience serving on the US House Armed Services and relating extensively with others in that field over that period of time, he has a far cry more knowledge than Trump does, which was the point being made - and being hugged by Secret Service while cowering at one of his events doesn't count as knowledge of national defense, but it likely would in Trump's mind.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2394 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/22/2016 10:10:40 AM
Apparently Trump can't even make sure his security is tight enough at his own rallies and blames security for one of the latest clashes where his own campaign manager was caught on tape being part of a skirmish. At least Kasich as a Republican has real national defense experience as part of his curriculum vitae. What does Trump have to back up his national security blatherings? Nuthin!
 chameleonf
Msg: 19 (view)

Heres a good one...
Posted: 3/22/2016 9:14:45 AM
You remind me of someone I know. This is a very decent person outside of work but someone I wouldn't be able to stand to work with - always singing their own praises, too emotionally invested with personality conflicts, no problem telling superiors that what they are doing is wrong or he could do it better, etc. This individual constantly loses his jobs over time and can't see who the common denominator is, even after having it pointed out to him that he needs to concentrate on the job and grow a tougher skin when it comes to obnoxious bosses or co-workers. The fellow the girlfriend works with who fired you isn't her boss and she's learned to get along with him over the years, no matter his short comings, which is something you have allowed to fester and likely contributed to in your own dealings with him. If I were you, I'd stifle your urge to harp on your girlfriend to sever ties with the guy and count your blessings that you no longer work in the same organization with her or you'd sabotage the relationship because of it as you are close to doing now.
 chameleonf
Msg: 56 (view)

Using the Who Pays thread as a lead
Posted: 3/21/2016 12:07:21 PM
It doesn't matter to me the relationship "status"...dating, living together, married. I simply believe in pulling my own weight and vice versa. I started working when I was 17, just out of high school. In one year we both saved the exact same amount to buy furniture and rent an apartment. Through our life together, he always made 1/4ish more than me while we both worked. Before kids, I made up for my shortfall of cash by doing more in the way of household stuff. When we had kids, I stayed home for 11 years but I not only did the child rearing and inside housework, I did the outside stuff as well so we all could enjoy our time together when we were all finished our day's work. It was my job, so to speak, and I did it willingly. He certainly provided a roof over my head and anything else required for me and the kids. He loved it and I loved my sense of accomplishment. Fast forward to dating life, again, when it comes to paying or doing, it's all about fair play for me. I'd be mortified with myself if I expected that my mere presence was all that is required to call things fair.

I found in my age group that men felt more odd about me paying direct from my wallet when out but had no problem with me slipping them the money beforehand for the meal or outing so it looked as though they were paing for it, knowing ahead of time that I was taking my "turn" to treat. It's not that they weren't accepting my gesture of paying - it was the perception that others might see that they weren't and they'd feel judged. Therein lies a lot of the problems - people do things too often based on other people's judgements instead of not giving a flying frick and doing what pleases yourselves. In my case, it pleases me to be fair, without expectations based on gender alone.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2230 (view)

Trump for president
Posted: 3/17/2016 11:51:33 AM
It's no wonder he doesn't want to attend any further debates. He states it's because he has another commitment, however, he stated he didn't want to attend any further debates immediately after the last one...ya know, the one in which he looked like he was going to stroke out when asked adult and pertinent questions to which he would stammer and twist his answer in ways that didn't have anything to do with the pointed questions put to him...because he doesn't have the knowledge to answer them.

He has a number of nutbar followers mixed in with the extremely misguided right brain thinkers who run more on emotion than logic. This is not to say that his non-supporters don't include a number of nutbar right brain thinkers and what he may be inciting could well become a Hinkley-type incident, to his detriment.
 chameleonf
Msg: 52 (view)

Why would a guy brag about ex women on 1st date?
Posted: 3/15/2016 3:29:46 PM
There's nothing the matter with some back story from either person and I wouldn't consider it "bragging". I see it only becoming a problem if every second comment revolves around an ex or exes and more especially if it's done in some macho man bragging sort of way...it somehow emphasizes the opposite as being the actual truth.
 chameleonf
Msg: 26 (view)

What was/will be your wedding first dance song?
Posted: 3/15/2016 11:53:27 AM
lol...somehow I think IG was thinking more along the lines of "Closer" by 9" Nails...
 chameleonf
Msg: 2013 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/11/2016 12:08:58 PM
Nice to see the debate was more mature last night but pathetic at the same time watching the wood smoke practically coming from Trump's ears when straining his brain to respond specifically to specific questions. Without the usual schoolyard behaviour, he looked as though he felt entirely out of his league. One has to wonder if he'd even pass a citizenship test, never mind possessing required policy knowledge and the diplomatic abilities required of an individual heading the country. The country ranks 14th in education (cognitive skills) and that he has as many followers as he does makes this readily apparent.
 chameleonf
Msg: 278 (view)

Do men with small penises REALLY get offended when women tell them they aren't interested?
Posted: 3/11/2016 11:36:14 AM

If they're getting to the point of penetration, I would say they've gotten past the "rejection/acceptance" phase of dating.

That may be as far as "dating" goes, however, to be asked if small penis size was the reason for not wanting to see someone any longer, one can only assume that penis size rejection is paramount, rather than thinking lack of personality factors had anything to do with it. The individual must have been rejected because of it before and still gets upset by the possibility of being rejected for it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 54 (view)

Chemistry - instant or let it grow?
Posted: 3/7/2016 3:45:11 PM
Something you probably don't want to hear is that sometimes it's a good thing to not be in a relationship. Too many people have a revolving door of them and base their self-worth on them. Take a look at your relationship history past just the bad guy aspect and decide if you fall into the category of feeling like your self-worth is tied to feeling you have to be in a relationship. How many have you been in and how long were the periods of time between each? Perhaps you need to take a deliberate break from actively searching out relationships to get to know you for a change. Take the time to develop a better understanding of yourself and what you want out of life and you may just find that the type of men you are attracted to or who you attract will change for the better.
 chameleonf
Msg: 238 (view)

Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:25:51 PM

Don't forget the bedroom slippers and the Netflix ready for Mad Men.

...and then she stays up to relax for a bit in the other room watching "How to Get Away with Murder", "Snapped" and "Deadly Wives"...
 chameleonf
Msg: 189 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 2/24/2016 12:21:30 PM

Several points here:
1) I think you meant to say “it’s tempting to make the analogy”

No, you think wrong. I typed it the way I intended it. You weren't tempted to make the analogy - you did attempt to make the analogy but didn't quite fully get there.

Re your #2 - you're allowing yourself to fall into the trap of believing that better quality means having to pay more based on someone else's definition of quality. I can get a superb vehicle by doing my own homework at very little expense to me, if any.

Re your #3 - It was your own "attempted" analogy that was stating that the older, better cars weren't on the market because they were being possessed by the owner because of their good quality - does not good quality infer they are dependable and is why they were perceived to not be on the market??

I SEE lots of choices, but since the actual choosing must be reciprocal for things to go anywhere, well, there is the obstacle.

Exactly - and since cars don't chose their owners the "attempted" analogy falls even shorter.

vvvvv With you, I can totally see that happening!!! lol
 chameleonf
Msg: 185 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 2/24/2016 11:46:35 AM

Applying this theory to the dating pool is a very interesting exercise, isn’t it?

I can see where the analogy is attempting to be made, however, it doesn't take into consideration that all kinds of cherry, above average cars, are actually on the market because the driver has either died or has become an incapable driver by a certain age. This can lead to an assumption there is nothing much of quality out there to choose from and the only choice is to search for newer, less tried and true versions that lack dependability.
 chameleonf
Msg: 110 (view)

Bra Padding
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:56:17 AM

Lol I think this every day about the majority of the general public. I often wonder how they manage to wipe their a$$es in the morning and make it through the day :0

Some elevator rides can sure make a person wonder! You'll have to start wearing a T-shirt with arrows pointing in all directions saying, "I'm NOT with Stupid!"
 chameleonf
Msg: 104 (view)

boobs give me heartburn
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:15:42 AM

If it's OK for women to wear bra padding is it OK for me to wear built up shoes?

So what will you do in sandal wearing weather? Wear wedge sandals or flat sandals with stuffing in the soles of your socks? Decisions decisions...dorky look #1 or #2...
 chameleonf
Msg: 1578 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 2/24/2016 9:13:33 AM
Re: 1576 It's understandable that angry people are drawn to an angry politician who "seems" to be one of them, however, their intelligence is in question as they don't seem to fathom the results of possibly getting what they vote for in the end.
 chameleonf
Msg: 73 (view)

What is courtship?
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:43:29 AM
I don't believe in practicing ritualistic "courtship". Be who you are, do what you do and speak how you speak from the get go instead of all the "acting" that goes on and further into the relationship you won't hear or have to say "you aren't the person you were when I first met you." Totally true if you're doing and saying things in order to win someone over and then when you feel you've snagged the other person you revert to who you really are. If it means you're a nasty piece of work then at least other people will know it from the beginning instead of having to have the nasty slowly seep into the relationship, as I'm sure happens with some particular posters who constantly blame the opposite sex for their relationship woes.

When getting to know someone and well into relationships I don't believe it should be a one-way street where a guy has to come up with all the ideas and spend all kinds of money to "woo" a woman. After a time a man would feel used, particularly when he's not prepared to continue the archaic ritual. When he starts feeling used and slows down and practically stops the practice, she starts feeling less appreciated. It's materialistic madness on both their parts. I'm all about reciprocity when it comes to money, time, effort, etc. What you see is what you get and I just wish everyone would stop with the silly male/female role playing (save that for the bedroom if you're into it).

As far as women and hints/vagueness/code, there's a way to get around it. Ask a direct question in order to get a direct response or ask for clarity if you don't understand a behaviour or statement. If you're the one hinting, being vague and acting/speaking in code, knock it off - it's childish - adult relationships are for adults, so be one.
 chameleonf
Msg: 308 (view)

who pays
Posted: 2/12/2016 3:07:44 PM

Not literally perhaps.. But some guys are "dancing monkeys" for women..I.e. Always having the burden of having to "entertain" her, think of and do exciting things so Her Highness never ever has to suffer a moment of boredom..

Wouldn't that be the problem of the guy? If I'm not about to jump through hoops for a guy so he doesn't have to suffer a moment of boredom, why would a guy figure it's some kind of obligation for him to do so? If it seems to some men that "all" women are like that, they're obviously drawn to that kind of woman for other reasons and that comes along with the other aspects of her personality, whether that's old fashioned principals/expectations or a princess mentality. Look for women with less old fashioned principals or who aren't a princess. Simply don't keep doing the same thing with the same type of people and expect a different result.

As for the dancing metaphor, I'm thinking someone has to take the lead or it would be a virtual tug of war on the dance floor in a purely physical sense. In life's who pays aspect of things, there are obviously no set rules judging from the different answers you get from different people. If a guy feels less than manly if he doesn't pay, it's up to him to find a woman who likes to have him pay her way - if he doesn't, then he finds someone who's of a different mindset and the same goes for a woman. This "me man, you follow" attitude makes my eyelid twitch!
 chameleonf
Msg: 86 (view)

oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:58:45 AM

Obama has a secret program to buy them nice little lakeside Canadian cottages. We're hoping once there these inbreds will enjoy the scenery while cooking their crack (for Zero) and apply for Canadian citizenship.

They'll mistake each other for Sasquatch (and so will everyone else). The upside is they won't be able to run around all scared-like shooting at each other and everyone else because they'll have to leave their guns at home because your 2nd amendment is void in these here parts, eh.

vvv But what do you do about their odor?? Bathe them in tomato juice daily?
 chameleonf
Msg: 41 (view)

Is meeting your buddy more important than meeting your girlfriend's parents?
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:42:45 AM
You likely should have discussed with him first when he's open to meeting your parents instead of having them "schedule" a time two weeks in advance for him to just be there or he's a dud. Do they do that with everyone including their own friends?...just say you're invited on such and such a date and if the invitees have other plans they're a "dud"? I dunno, but I'm not in the habit of getting pissy if I have a date in mind for my kids to bring a new love interest over (and yes, four months is still new) and they say the individual has other plans on that date. I just say, "Give me some advance warning when you'd like to bring so and so over and we can see if it can be arranged - if not we'll get together at some point."

Yes, you're over-thinking this and your parents are most definitely over-reacting. Perhaps you've given him cause to think by this and other things that your parents would treat him like a bug under a microscope and he's backing off a bit because of it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 32 (view)

Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:59:12 PM

we give that to mules and goats when we want to kill them....

Let me guess, that's the reason there's a proliferation of gun ownership in the United Hates! To keep all those rabid mules and goats at bay!
 chameleonf
Msg: 22 (view)

Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:50:23 PM

So is Sasquatch edible ?

You'd have to ask another Sasquatch...

Why do you pronounce Regina..."Ragyna" ?

Perhaps that's the way people from the Centre of the Universe (Toronto/Quebec) pronounce it - you need to explore more of the country than Quebec.

Is it still illegal for a Canadian to be rude to an American ?

I'll call you a sh!thead just to see if I get arrested.
 chameleonf
Msg: 11 (view)

OOOOH....Canada.....
Posted: 2/11/2016 10:45:17 AM
There's no place for a Sasquatch to hide in Saskatchewan - it's too damned flat, so they all ran for cover in the mountains of B.C. It actually means "swift-flowing river".
 chameleonf
Msg: 27 (view)

What is 100% involved?
Posted: 2/11/2016 9:13:50 AM
I wouldn't use those phrases on anyone of 100% involved, 100% committed or all in. The furthest it's ever gone is an assurance that neither is seeing anyone else anymore some stage into the getting to know you stage. I like to "be" 100% in and expect the same though, when in a conversation with them or in their presence, i.e. don't be on the phone talking to them and constantly be distracted by something else going on around you, or be in their presence and have your nose stuck to an electronic device and continuously have to repeat something you just said in response to a "what was that?" I'm not a 24/7 relationship type of person and expect each of us to have our own interests but when we are together, that's when I expect the "all in" without it having to be stated.
 chameleonf
Msg: 74 (view)

What will you compromise? Or trade off?
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:10:33 PM

But what do I know? I've committed many times...

...and yet they keep letting you out!...or is that back in?? Oh...you didn't say "been" committed...
 chameleonf
Msg: 19 (view)

My girl wont cum all the time...
Posted: 2/3/2016 3:35:05 PM
Funny how that works...my lawn mower won't start unless I prime it first either. If you don't take the time to learn how various things function in life, the blame is more to be placed on the operator instead of saying the equipment being used is defective. Educate yourself.
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

sex and relationship issue
Posted: 1/27/2016 12:33:46 PM
Have to agree with you michelinman - given the logic that prompted your response, let's turn it around and say maybe the OP's partner had poor body self-image to begin with and his body has changed even more to add to his self-loathing and that's why the sex has dropped off even more. In that case, the OP is to be commended because, unlike these males who like to automatically shift blame on the female for the lack of sexual appetite on a males part, she's still interested in him despite his physical (made up) short comings.

Discuss it with him OP and go from there.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2 (view)

Ever Loan a Dating profile to a friend?
Posted: 1/27/2016 10:46:25 AM
It could be that someone she knows has stolen the pics and made a profile and is using it for nefarious purposes to hurt her somewhere down the line. There are so many possibilities... My question to you is: Why would you be so obsessed that you'd follow her not only here but track her to Facebook "for a few years", particularly when you see she's in a relationship? See?? - no telling why people do the things they do...
 chameleonf
Msg: 37 (view)

Rock and hard place, advice appreciated.
Posted: 1/25/2016 9:21:04 AM
Maybe you SHOULD stay over at her place on the weekends when the boy is supposed to be with the father, rather than the girlfriend coming to your place. He's not going to sneak over, break in and use her house as a hot box with his friends if the mother and you are there. If he needs to come home because his father is off doing his thing, he at least then would have a supervised home to come to. A lot of kids from broken homes start to run wild (even more so than two parent households) because no one seems to care - dad's busy in his own stupefied lifestyle and mom is busy being caught up in her romantic lifestyle.
 chameleonf
Msg: 21 (view)

FBI Reportedly Ran Child-Porn Website
Posted: 1/22/2016 3:33:57 PM
Possession of cocaine is illegal - possession of child pornography is illegal. With cocaine, there are charges for simple possession and charges for constructive possession. The difference with child pornography is that the law doesn't generally find it on your person, in your luggage or in your vehicle or laying loosely about your home, but on computers. The only way to find it on computers is to first find the link to the persons accessing it. To my mind, there is no other way to hunt the abusers down unless you do a sting.

There's a difference between being curious about cocaine and having it in your possession and being curious about child pornography and snuff movies. All kinds of people are hurt as a by-product through the process of both trafficking and use of cocaine by varying degrees, however, in order to view child pornography, innocents are directly affected - there is no choice afforded them - there is no escape. They can't leave their caregivers like relatives and friends can distance themselves from cocaine users and traffickers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1126 (view)

Ted and Trumps not excellent adventure
Posted: 1/22/2016 11:43:41 AM
He comes from the school of W.C. Fields with the slimy used car salesman creedo (note I say slimy because there's nothing the matter with being an unslimy used car salesman) of “If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”
 chameleonf
Msg: 29 (view)

Diasppointing
Posted: 1/22/2016 10:37:44 AM

I seem to be getting attacked on here for the wrong reasons.. all I am saying is that maybe if I made my profile less straight laced and acted more like a whore then perhaps I would get replies... thanks for all your kind input..

Put a link to this thread in your profile and that should take care of it...
 chameleonf
Msg: 1123 (view)

Ted and Trumps not excellent adventure
Posted: 1/22/2016 9:53:43 AM

Sarah Palin blames Obama for her sons Domestic Violence. I wonder if she blames him for Bristol forgetting to use a condom….twice.

and also....HTF does blaming others for your own screw-ups, show leadership that America needs to be great again? What happened to the "buck stops with me"?

In combination with all the Trumpisms, this goes back to being disgusted by stupidity. The only "fear" involved is that something horrible must be in the water that has allowed there to be a following at all of Dumb and Dumber.
 chameleonf
Msg: 23 (view)

Diasppointing
Posted: 1/22/2016 9:29:52 AM
Having self-confidence is a good thing, however, the degree to which one believes others will perceive them, just because of said self-confidence, doesn't necessarily equate to being perceived by others that way. Sometimes women will even go after men who are already in a relationship and have an affair with them, believing it must be because they are something greater than what they really are. In other words, you may not be as appealing as you have led yourself to believe.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1095 (view)

TURN IT RED WITH TED!!!!!
Posted: 1/21/2016 12:18:44 PM

Palin certainly has many if you afraid.

Being disgusted by stupidity doesn't make you afraid...it just makes you disgusted.
 chameleonf
Msg: 178 (view)

LADIES - A Question of Height...
Posted: 1/21/2016 12:00:20 PM

As in Nick Vujicic, he could have just been lucky to meet the woman he did meet.

We're all lucky to meet the people we wind up in relationships with, particularly good relationships - there is some form of action on our parts that creates that "luck". Nick Vujicic's money made by being a motivational speaker, his religious beliefs and facial good looks aside, he still wouldn't have found this relationship had he dwelt on being limbless, hung back in the shadows and used it as his excuse for not being lucky enough to meet that special someone. Luck very often has nothing to do with something falling from nowhere and presenting itself to you - you have to create your own luck. You don't win a lottery without buying a ticket and you don't get very many lasting relationships by sitting back not putting your best qualities out there that you do have, which very often have nothing to do with height or looks at all.
 chameleonf
Msg: 159 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2016 3:00:37 PM

Chameleonf: I knew that was going to be about Nick. I’ve been in no less than half dozen debates on this site in which that guy has been interjected. I’ll say the same things I said about him all the previous times: he’s considered extremely handsome by most women, he’s rich and famous (met his wife after he became such) and they’re both religious freaks, who operate on a different plane when it comes to disabilities and whatnot. If I had those 3 things going for me, we wouldn’t be having this discussion right now. (Not that I consider being a "religious freak" a positive attribute, but if I *was* a religious freak, there's no doubt I could find a somewhat attractive religious freak woman that would overlook my negative physical characteristics, because that's just the way religious freaks are. As should be obvious by now, I'm extremely anti-religious.)

Oh, I see. You still haven't got the message that Nick is attempting to get across to people like you, even though it's been brought up at least 1/2 a dozen times to you and you've had ample time to get that it has nothing to do with your physical attributes but with your personality. You don't see a glass half empty or half full - you prefer to see it as bone dry with self-loathing dust floating around in it.

What will your excuse be for men who aren't religious, aren't handsome and aren't rich who have had plenty of girlfriends and are now married. A friend of my daughter's comes to mind. You've got him beat by well over a foot. He's not religious, certainly not rich, definitely not good looking and he finally stopped dating around like most young guys eventually do when they stop soughing their wild oats, got married and now has two kids. His wife is 5'9". He has an abundance of personality, even though he's had his stature to deal from the day he became aware that he was never going to grow tall.

You say you have many female friends and you likely make good company as a friend but you also probably show a side of you that allows them to only be just a friend. I know plenty of people who I get along with as a friend but wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them because I couldn't stand being around 24/7 belly aching about whatever it is they always eventually get around to belly aching about. An analogy would be like being able to appreciate someone's toddler and interact with them but not wanting them as a steady diet because of the drawbacks which may be associated with them. In your case, you're making your life a self-fulfilling prophecy.
 chameleonf
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2016 12:40:25 PM
Seriously!! Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QezBvN1BE and then smack yourself upside the head. Maybe actually take the time to read some of his stuff and see if you're still whine worthy.
 chameleonf
Msg: 13 (view)

Boob Pics
Posted: 1/20/2016 11:41:55 AM
I'm just glad I don't have to ponder about this one for myself. At this age, never mind being not being able to hold a pencil under them, I'd probably be able to lose a heavy duty metal stapler beneath the decrepit gravity ravaged things. Fricking traitorous body!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 77 (view)

Teenaged son has a problem with my choice in physique in men and is rude to them
Posted: 1/20/2016 10:26:08 AM

"As I had said in the beginning it sounds like your son is protective of you and just looking out for your best interest. Perhaps he's seeing something that you're not/getting a bad vibe."

I sometimes wonder about this too.

I very much doubt your son has the capacity to determine what your best interests may be when he doesn't have the capacity to understand that you're his parent and he doesn't get to treat your acquaintances, you, and his acquaintances in the manner in which he does. If he has the capacity to have empathy for animals, he has the capacity to have it for people as well. He either has low self-esteem as the cause for putting down of others or delusions of grandeur unbecoming of someone of his age with lack of life experiences.

As far as his refusal to shovel your driveway as a self-described strong young adult male and leave that to you as a smaller, older female, it smacks totally of disrespect, which is a continuous theme to your story. He lacks respect because you have allowed it and it's now conveniently psycho babbly called oppositional defiance disorder. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place because, if family law where you live is like it is here, you can't cut off paying for his schooling until he reaches 21, but you can cut off everything else, aside from the roof over his head, such as cooking for him, doing his laundry and not allowing him any other privileges of living with you unless and until he gets a job that will both go towards him moving out and going a long way to teach him what the real world is like. Unfortunately, expect that to raise the level of his "oppositional defiance disorder" and if he gets a job, expect him to lose it for being willfully insubordinate and rude to his co-workers and you'll be right back to square one. I'd once again strongly suggest that you get some counselling yourself in order to deal with the situation because just communicating with him with no strength or determination to follow through on your part is going to have this man-child living with and controlling your life in a Norman Bates fashion for years to come.
 chameleonf
Msg: 240 (view)

Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 1/19/2016 10:21:40 AM

nearly always the guy behind the wheel of the hot rod and attention getting cars are shorter than average.

The joke, at least among many women, is the shortness referred to has nothing to do with height.
 chameleonf
Msg: 47 (view)

Teenaged son has a problem with my choice in physique in men and is rude to them
Posted: 1/19/2016 8:11:27 AM
As stated, your son has no boundaries, whether it's due to how you have parented him to this point or whether it's some personality disorder that's difficult for you to manage. Regardless, you are clearly unable to keep him in check while he's a guest in your house but I doubt you have the strength of character to tell him it's time he live his life on his own. For this reason, I'd suggest you seek parenting counselling because you have a clear deficit in this area. You cannot have control over your son if you don't have control over yourself to parent effectively. You need professional assistance yourself in this regard.
 chameleonf
Msg: 20 (view)

A Sentimental Rant
Posted: 1/16/2016 8:13:53 AM
^^^Happy BIrthday!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 24 (view)

be careful of JOY2678
Posted: 1/15/2016 2:32:45 PM

...we don't know if you are telling the truth

...and she's obviously not. The second sentence in the original post states "only to find out he is married, unemployed and no license due to a DUI". She made it sound as though she knew none of the above (highlighting by caps for emphasis even) when, in fact, she knew all of it all along. She then states he was talking to other females throughout the relationship - who knows, she could be assuming because she found him back on the site - the day they broke up - by checking him out. For someone who is interested in wanting others not to have anything to do with him, she certainly is going out of her way to keep checking up on him herself, right down to knowing he's sleeping on someone's couch. At this point, she should be wishing this post would have been deleted for naming names because it's not putting her in the kind of light she intended.
 chameleonf
Msg: 29 (view)

wherewhitepeoplemeet
Posted: 1/8/2016 12:15:53 PM
I see something like this as being too concerned about what someone else does if it doesn't directly affect you or hurt others. It's a big "so what" to me. Even if it was exclusionary, which it doesn't appear to be but does sound that way by the title, why be offended? There are a ton of things in life that exclude a person joining. To me it would be like being excluded from Mensa if you have an average IQ and then whining about it or being offended by not being able to join a nurses group when you're not a nurse. So what!?

Show ALL Forums