Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Caligula duck - lies, deceit, dishonesty, racism, ignorance and incompetence for president
 chameleonf
Msg: 5677 (view)

Caligula duck - lies, deceit, dishonesty, racism, ignorance and incompetence for president
Posted: 9/29/2016 2:38:53 PM

If the topics to be discussed or kept secret from them until the debate, the moderator and TV producers should dig up footage where the candidates publicly aired their views about the topic and show it if somebody flip flops on their answer.

That would be great, hilarious actually, but still wouldn't stop Trump from saying the questions were rigged or saying that the footage or soundbites were edited or doctored in some way.

In the scheme of things, have affairs changed the way a President leads? I suppose one could argue that it has the potential to affect national security because of "pillow talk" or that the individual is inherently untrustworthy. Here are a few others who have gone down in history as being "known" to have had affairs: http://listverse.com/2015/02/24/10-scandalous-presidential-affairs-weve-totally-forgotten-about/

One can only wonder at the number of Presidents who never got caught, not to mention all other otherwise highly respected people in authority, past and present. For that matter, how many who may be the first to openly cluck their tongues at others have had a few affairs under their own belts that no one's aware of? Pun intended. I wouldn't consider that all people who have had affairs are sleazy and untrustworthy in all other aspects of their lives...but there definitely are some who are...
 chameleonf
Msg: 5654 (view)

comrade tRump-lies, deceit, dishonesty, racism, ignorance and incompetence for president
Posted: 9/28/2016 8:45:47 PM
I suppose one could look at it another way. Perhaps there were more worthwhile qualities for Hillary to stay with Bill but Trump has so few worthwhile qualities that the decision was made easier to walk away from him...after his numerous openly bragged about affairs.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5627 (view)

lies, deceit, dishonesty, racism, ignorance and incompetence for president
Posted: 9/28/2016 12:57:40 PM

Pardon me for not exactly being enthusiastic about a belief system that was used for hundreds of years to justify keeping my ancestors in chains and in the back of the bus and even while I was growing up to justify me not being able to date women I liked. Of course, besides that, there is overwhelming evidence that religion – ALL religions -- are fake. You don’t need to have a negative experience with them to come to that conclusion. How many talking bushes have

The above is a huge part of it. Those who have, or purport to have, religious faith who live in America are the type of people who tend to follow blindly because "someone said so", not because they deal in fact based reality. It's all well and good to have blind faith and believe in something as it pertains to your own life (live and let live, right) but by far another thing when blind faith in someone such as a lying and conniving Trump can affect the lives of so many others, within and outside of U.S. borders. Blind faith that someone is speaking the truth, even when what is being spoken can so readily be disproved as distorted or entirely fictional and be doubled and tripled down on is truly astounding, but mostly disturbing in a mass disturbed mental health sort of way.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5589 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/27/2016 2:53:07 PM

... I would love to see the police stop Trump on his way home one day and frisk him to see if he's carrying any guns.

I doubt he would carry a gun - he's too prone to shooting himself in the foot...as he shoots his mouth off.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5585 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/27/2016 1:01:41 PM
I watched the whole debate and have been following the whole process from the beginning, yup, even though I'm Canadian. The first time Trump started his sniffing, I commented to others in the room that he was starting to squirm. He has certain body language when he starts to flounder and get flustered. The sniffing isn't allergies, a cold or anything to do with a microphone - he does it every time he gets put on the spot and doesn't have a logical comeback (is that even possible for him?) or even a lie his own deplorables will eat up. It's not the first time it's been commented on. The more he flounders, the more he sniffs until his nostrils almost stick together.

His die hard followers will follow him no matter what, however, I believe after this debate the undecideds are increasingly deciding it would be a huge mistake to vote for him. Because he can't get lost in the background noise like he did between throwing barbs in the primaries or when being pumped up by his misguided disciples at a rally, the one on one debating emphasizes even more the fact he's a stooge when it comes to his knowledge/understanding of almost anything related to being a leader of a country as complex as the U.S. and the ramifications the post holds with respect to the rest of the world. People may want "change" but it's one thing to change from a pair of socks that has a couple of holes in them to high priced ones that have been rotting in sewage for years.
 chameleonf
Msg: 251 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 3:12:23 PM

I'm so sick and tired of the whines from people who say women are getting less pay and shafted in the workplace because they are women.

This would only make sense if you were privy to the paycheques of every person, man and woman, in every company, unionized or otherwise. I, personally, don't know what the discrepancy may actually be. I do believe, however, that women don't tend to be as aggressive as men when either suggesting or demanding wage amounts. A number of jobs have negotiated wages, particularly in the professional/management levels and this may be at least part of the cause of the different amounts that are disputed. Men may also see incremental increases faster within the same job levels as well for the very same reason.

Multiple women have published stories about eating for free every day simply by having a profile and letting guys take them out to nice restaurants.

That's also somewhat of a negotiated factor. Men can't complain if they're allowing themselves to be taken advantage of in this regard. It seems to me that too many people complain about issues they have at least some measure of control over.
 chameleonf
Msg: 12 (view)

Transgender A Rough Spot To Be In. Transman.
Posted: 9/23/2016 11:41:27 AM
I'm a wee bit confused. You're FTM but were married to a "straight" woman for 23 years? Does this mean you presented as male for all of those 23 years? Either way, if you divorced but not because of transgender issues, you already had one accepting, long-lived relationship, so that should tell you you're the type of person someone wants to be in a relationship with because of who you are, not how you present. There's someone for everyone, even if the wait is longer for some than others. I'd be open and up front from the starting gate though.
 chameleonf
Msg: 207 (view)

download the new girlfriend 7.0, get another one free
Posted: 9/22/2016 1:41:47 PM
eegads...whatever happened to being able to change your own lightbulb and determine if your own lawnmower needs fixing or not? If someone chooses to do those things for you out of the kindness of his/her heart, that's one thing, but these role expectations in this day and age by both women and men stupefies me. If you can't do the basics to fix stuff belonging to you, then either learn how to yourself, don't be a tight a$$ and pay someone to do it for you (or is that what the sex is? - devalued by using it as a bartering tool), or live in a place where you have everything done for you.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5489 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:40:13 PM
1. Historical analysis is a useful tool to see if something tried is true. If it isn't, to repeat it is an exercise in futility.
2. That this particular exercise has been found to incite even more "black and blue" tension compounds the exercise in futility.
3. That a Republican who simply spouts shi!t that he either makes up in his own head or that has been planted there by others that goes in one ear and gets even more twisted coming out of Trump's mouth (because he's stupid) doesn't reflect a grasp of 1 and 2 above (again because he's stupid) and is the same thing as proposing nothing...or at the very least nothing new.
4. You don't have to live in a situation to attempt to develop effective ways of dealing with said situation, i.e., you don't have to have cancer to develop or attempt to develop a cure for it.
5. Your 2nd Amendment is a joke as it now stands. Although those in Chicago who are using guns aren't buying them there, they are stolen from there as well as being smuggled in from outside the area. A total ban on fire arms isn't going to stop the situation, but reforms to your existing 2nd Amendment would go a long way to reducing the continuing availability for them to be stolen and used to commit crime to the extent they are now.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5485 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/22/2016 9:59:13 AM
Apparently it didn't work and, in fact, was held to cause more "black and blue" tensions: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/21/12-years-of-data-from-new-york-city-suggest-stop-and-frisk-wasnt-that-effective/
 chameleonf
Msg: 5483 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/22/2016 9:34:24 AM

I believe Stop and Frisk is the only possible way to deal with problems being faced in places like Chicago, from inner city gangs.

So it would then be OK to limit Stop and Frisk to a limited x number square block radius? And then what - the next step would be to areas of x number of square blocks around Mosques or apply to anyone who looked like an ethnicity that could "possibly" be concealing an explosive vest? It still amounts to racial profiling, which is why it was quashed.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5481 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 9/22/2016 8:57:40 AM

So now evangelicals are protecting Comrade Trump from a satanic attack?

Then he wouldn't want to seek protection from the Satanic Temple because it would go against his raison d'etre:

The Satanic Temple holds to the basic premise that undue suffering is bad, and that which reduces suffering is good. We do not believe in symbolic “evil.”

Most vitally, though, the group does not “promote a belief in a personal Satan.” By their logic, Satan is an abstraction, or, as Nancy Kaffer wrote for The Daily Beast last year, “a literary figure, not a deity — he stands for rationality, for skepticism, for speaking truth to power, even at great personal cost.”
 chameleonf
Msg: 394 (view)

Racist remarks
Posted: 9/21/2016 2:01:27 PM
Apparently Trump and his supporters are tired of political correctness. It's one of their standbys they use as a reason for accepting the crap that he spews. Therefore, he nor they should have a problem when unpolitically correct terms are used as descriptors for said statements and behaviours.
 chameleonf
Msg: 164 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/19/2016 1:18:45 PM

I still say, the easiest way to manage a board is to have an ignore button.

They used to have that here. It's not all that useful, however, when people keep creating new IDs. Useful, however, when you want to reduce the amount of scrolling necessary to get past rambling, ranting posts. I'd like it back only for that reason.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5428 (view)

Funny the Nazis never consider the British Empire worthy of a Reich count
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:31:48 AM
sorry...double click
 chameleonf
Msg: 5427 (view)

Funny the Nazis never consider the British Empire worthy of a Reich count
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:31:38 AM

If Chump shows the same level of intellectual curiousity and disinterest in the finer machinations of making government work from day to day, is there a good case the VP can really become again, the man behind the curtain?

Perhaps that's why Pence released his tax returns now when no one really cares - because he's counting on Trump being impeached or resigning if the deplorable happens and Trump gets elected by an irrational "push for change no matter how detrimental the costs" electorate.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2139 (view)

Chump admits first black president is actually American
Posted: 9/16/2016 2:58:01 PM
Well, the C.B.C. thought it was just wonderful (not) and are now on the rampage to get black voters out in record numbers to vote against him. Woot!! One has to wonder if Trump may be in fine physical health but is he starting to display signs of dementia if he can't remember what he said and did about the birther fiasco and blames Hillary for it all. Is this perhaps why he takes such counsel from his daughter? "Some/many people" say it's so - to use a Trumpism.
 chameleonf
Msg: 137 (view)

OK, I'm starting to feel afraid
Posted: 9/16/2016 7:32:55 AM

Sorry ladies, but I just have to play devil's advocate here.
I don't know any married stay at home fathers or 50 year old married men that have never worked a day in their adult lives.
Just sayin'....

...and I don't know any married stay at home mothers or 50 year old married women who have never worked a day in their adult lives....what's your point exactly? That some men make enough money and they agree their wives should stay home and look after kids or have a socialite wife whose "job" it is to go to social functions and charity affairs? You must live in a different world than I do if such is the case.
 chameleonf
Msg: 372 (view)

Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:55:44 AM

Mankind's downfall is that just about everybody is easily duped to be a follower.

It reminds me of a programme that was on TV the other day (can't remember what show it was). It was a social experiment where a group of people (actors) were in a waiting room who were instructed to stand up when they heard a bell or buzzer (can't remember which) when a new person entered the room. The first new person entered and sure enough, when all stood up at the sound and then reseated themselves, the new person at first looked bewildered but stood and sat when they did. Each new person that entered did the same thing, without questioning why they were doing it or if the less sheeple of them did question it (one person that they showed), they were simply told because everyone else was - and that seemed to satisfy them and they kept doing it each time thereafter. There was no logical thinking but a blind willingness to follow in an almost Lemming-esque way.

I don't know if it's so much a case of being "duped" as a case of people lacking logic, cognitive abilities, laziness to learn for themselves, or what. What I do know is it's amazing that there are so many who suffer from whatever it is that causes the sheeple mentality.
 chameleonf
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 9/15/2016 8:39:07 AM
My mistake. The robot can't short circuit when it's apparently wound up with a key...overly tight.
 chameleonf
Msg: 110 (view)

Posted: 9/15/2016 7:45:47 AM
lol...seems there are robots among us ^^^ that are programmed to repeat the same nonsense and then short circuit and leave for repairs over and over again. Obviously not a very good make and model!
 chameleonf
Msg: 5364 (view)

Trump for President.
Posted: 9/13/2016 1:30:04 PM

This was a great take down of Trump, perhaps the best yet I have seen . . . all wrapped up into a fifteen minute take

Superb! It needs to be placed before his non-deplorable followers on a regular basis because they seem to be incapable of remembering his weekly/daily transgressions as each new one overtakes the last at breakneck speed.

For his deplorable followers, there's simply no hope. They'd listen and defend every one of them listed, much as his surrogates do with incredible straight faces and odd sneer-like smiles. Maybe they're not sneer-like smiles at all but an appearance that overtakes them as they try to hold down the bile while defending the indefensible.
 chameleonf
Msg: 84 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/13/2016 11:43:15 AM
Vannili: Yes, my comment was a bit sarcastic. What I believe you fail to realize by your stated fears is that it is extremely unlikely that an individual bent on doing bad things to innocent people in a public health clinic with babies in tow is apt to do it when NOT having their face covered so as NOT to draw attention to themselves and by "fitting in" with your self-described comfort levels of not having their face covered. Your "vigilance" is aimed in the wrong direction. Unless you're a professional adept with facial personality profiling technology, you won't be any wiser who to fear between a person wearing a niqab and one not.
 chameleonf
Msg: 81 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/13/2016 9:58:00 AM

I went to health clinic this morning and I saw a young mother of 2 children,one is a baby and the eldest is like a 3 years old. The reason why I post this thread is the woman has a black cloth covering her face, that her eyes is the only showing.

Clearly this was a threat. That the OP couldn't see the nose and mouth of the individual indicated the covering over same was hiding something nefarious such as a bomb between her teeth or an assault rifle stuffed up her nose - it happens all the time dontcha know!
 chameleonf
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 9/13/2016 7:26:46 AM
If there's an actual fear there, rather than having fun and speaking tongue in cheek, it doesn't speak well of one's self esteem/self worth when it comes to attracting good men. Additionally, it makes me wonder what one's definition of a "good man" is if he doesn't have the ability to relate well in all ways with living, breathing individuals of the opposite sex.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5336 (view)

Racist duck for President
Posted: 9/12/2016 2:33:53 PM

CIA Director Challenges Trump's Claim About Intelligence Briefers's "Body Language". :

The body language Trump figured he was reading well was likely body language of those wondering why the hell they were forced to try to impart "intelligence" - there's an oxyMORON in there somewhere.
 chameleonf
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2016 2:11:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb627xDlqBs

All kinds of fun at the ER when more than just a robotic hand malfunctions!
 chameleonf
Msg: 2539 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/30/2016 11:29:23 AM
More disconcerting than Trump standing behind and lying with his campaign manager is the fact that in last night's Town Hall Meeting he stated he believes Japan and South Korea and perhaps more countries should have nuclear weaponry because the States is paying too much to defend it's allies around the world and believes at least those two countries could take care of any problems because of "proximity". I used to think his followers were sheeple but now I think they're closer to lemmings. Either way wtf's happened to people's cognitive reasoning?
 chameleonf
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating site or hookups only?
Posted: 3/28/2016 11:12:33 AM
The guys who will even bother to write to you and tell you the site is only used for hookups are the ones who ARE looking for only hookups. They just get all pissy to the point of writing to you to tell you because you say that's specifically not what you're looking for...poor babies.
 chameleonf
Msg: 941 (view)

Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 3/24/2016 1:06:38 PM
In the States, up to 2015 and since 9/11: http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-terrorism-gun-violence/ - deduct the 3,000 who perished in 9/11 and you are left with 403,496

The point is that you have more to fear from your non-Islamic neighbours in the States on a daily basis than you do from radical Islamics. The greatest problem, as highlighted in the recent case in Belgium, is that officials who have the technology and ability to follow and detain the actual terrorists are not effectively communicating or monitoring known or suspicious terrorists and their family/acquaintances. The average Islamaphobe doesn't have any more ability to determine who to be fearful of any more than they have the ability to determine which of their white, non-Islamic, neighbours is going to commit a gun related act resulting in death...but hey, they're not of the Islamic faith or don't look like they could be, so it doesn't count.

There's no doubt there's a threat of terrorism and there's no doubt that there needs to be a system of vetting rather than a total open door policy, however, it's ridiculous to think it's an all or nothing situation. Total ostracizing both within and without your borders goes a long way to creating the problem you seek to avoid.
 chameleonf
Msg: 936 (view)

Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 3/24/2016 11:50:12 AM

I wonder if the fear and hatred of refugees would be a lot less and more tolerable if they were white Caucasians with names like Smith, Johnson, Wilson, etc.-and especially if they were English speaking.

There'd certainly be more fear without the ability to profile/abuse for those who can't wrap their heads around the fact that there's a difference between radical/insane extremist Islamics and peaceful, non-radical, sane, non-extremist Islamics. They somehow feel safer with the perception they can visualize their enemies by the colour of their skin or the clothing they wear or where they worship. People wouldn't know who to hate. There'd be an even greater rush to exercise the 2nd amendment right and there'd be more bloodshed than America already experiences by their existing non-refugee inhabitants in ridiculous numbers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 150 (view)

Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:06:20 AM

I don't care how old a woman is, as long as I find her attractive. I have said before, here in these forums, the percentage of women who are still attractive definitely declines with age.

Well, that explains it then. People in their 70s still date but not nearly as much as they would when younger because the percentage of women who are still attractive definitely declines with age, just as the percentage of men who are still attractive definitely declines with age. Maybe it's just that they don't "date" in public, according to the statistics to be found with respect to STDs being contracted by elderly individuals: http://www.benrose.org/Resources/article-stds-older-adults.cfm
 chameleonf
Msg: 2397 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/22/2016 11:26:11 AM
Re 2397: I wouldn't put my eggs in any of the Republicans' baskets, nor could I, however, the fact that Kasich has 18 years experience serving on the US House Armed Services and relating extensively with others in that field over that period of time, he has a far cry more knowledge than Trump does, which was the point being made - and being hugged by Secret Service while cowering at one of his events doesn't count as knowledge of national defense, but it likely would in Trump's mind.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2394 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/22/2016 10:10:40 AM
Apparently Trump can't even make sure his security is tight enough at his own rallies and blames security for one of the latest clashes where his own campaign manager was caught on tape being part of a skirmish. At least Kasich as a Republican has real national defense experience as part of his curriculum vitae. What does Trump have to back up his national security blatherings? Nuthin!
 chameleonf
Msg: 19 (view)

Heres a good one...
Posted: 3/22/2016 9:14:45 AM
You remind me of someone I know. This is a very decent person outside of work but someone I wouldn't be able to stand to work with - always singing their own praises, too emotionally invested with personality conflicts, no problem telling superiors that what they are doing is wrong or he could do it better, etc. This individual constantly loses his jobs over time and can't see who the common denominator is, even after having it pointed out to him that he needs to concentrate on the job and grow a tougher skin when it comes to obnoxious bosses or co-workers. The fellow the girlfriend works with who fired you isn't her boss and she's learned to get along with him over the years, no matter his short comings, which is something you have allowed to fester and likely contributed to in your own dealings with him. If I were you, I'd stifle your urge to harp on your girlfriend to sever ties with the guy and count your blessings that you no longer work in the same organization with her or you'd sabotage the relationship because of it as you are close to doing now.
 chameleonf
Msg: 56 (view)

Using the Who Pays thread as a lead
Posted: 3/21/2016 12:07:21 PM
It doesn't matter to me the relationship "status"...dating, living together, married. I simply believe in pulling my own weight and vice versa. I started working when I was 17, just out of high school. In one year we both saved the exact same amount to buy furniture and rent an apartment. Through our life together, he always made 1/4ish more than me while we both worked. Before kids, I made up for my shortfall of cash by doing more in the way of household stuff. When we had kids, I stayed home for 11 years but I not only did the child rearing and inside housework, I did the outside stuff as well so we all could enjoy our time together when we were all finished our day's work. It was my job, so to speak, and I did it willingly. He certainly provided a roof over my head and anything else required for me and the kids. He loved it and I loved my sense of accomplishment. Fast forward to dating life, again, when it comes to paying or doing, it's all about fair play for me. I'd be mortified with myself if I expected that my mere presence was all that is required to call things fair.

I found in my age group that men felt more odd about me paying direct from my wallet when out but had no problem with me slipping them the money beforehand for the meal or outing so it looked as though they were paing for it, knowing ahead of time that I was taking my "turn" to treat. It's not that they weren't accepting my gesture of paying - it was the perception that others might see that they weren't and they'd feel judged. Therein lies a lot of the problems - people do things too often based on other people's judgements instead of not giving a flying frick and doing what pleases yourselves. In my case, it pleases me to be fair, without expectations based on gender alone.
 chameleonf
Msg: 2230 (view)

Trump for president
Posted: 3/17/2016 11:51:33 AM
It's no wonder he doesn't want to attend any further debates. He states it's because he has another commitment, however, he stated he didn't want to attend any further debates immediately after the last one...ya know, the one in which he looked like he was going to stroke out when asked adult and pertinent questions to which he would stammer and twist his answer in ways that didn't have anything to do with the pointed questions put to him...because he doesn't have the knowledge to answer them.

He has a number of nutbar followers mixed in with the extremely misguided right brain thinkers who run more on emotion than logic. This is not to say that his non-supporters don't include a number of nutbar right brain thinkers and what he may be inciting could well become a Hinkley-type incident, to his detriment.
 chameleonf
Msg: 52 (view)

Why would a guy brag about ex women on 1st date?
Posted: 3/15/2016 3:29:46 PM
There's nothing the matter with some back story from either person and I wouldn't consider it "bragging". I see it only becoming a problem if every second comment revolves around an ex or exes and more especially if it's done in some macho man bragging sort of way...it somehow emphasizes the opposite as being the actual truth.
 chameleonf
Msg: 26 (view)

What was/will be your wedding first dance song?
Posted: 3/15/2016 11:53:27 AM
lol...somehow I think IG was thinking more along the lines of "Closer" by 9" Nails...
 chameleonf
Msg: 2013 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 3/11/2016 12:08:58 PM
Nice to see the debate was more mature last night but pathetic at the same time watching the wood smoke practically coming from Trump's ears when straining his brain to respond specifically to specific questions. Without the usual schoolyard behaviour, he looked as though he felt entirely out of his league. One has to wonder if he'd even pass a citizenship test, never mind possessing required policy knowledge and the diplomatic abilities required of an individual heading the country. The country ranks 14th in education (cognitive skills) and that he has as many followers as he does makes this readily apparent.
 chameleonf
Msg: 278 (view)

Do men with small penises REALLY get offended when women tell them they aren't interested?
Posted: 3/11/2016 11:36:14 AM

If they're getting to the point of penetration, I would say they've gotten past the "rejection/acceptance" phase of dating.

That may be as far as "dating" goes, however, to be asked if small penis size was the reason for not wanting to see someone any longer, one can only assume that penis size rejection is paramount, rather than thinking lack of personality factors had anything to do with it. The individual must have been rejected because of it before and still gets upset by the possibility of being rejected for it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 54 (view)

Chemistry - instant or let it grow?
Posted: 3/7/2016 3:45:11 PM
Something you probably don't want to hear is that sometimes it's a good thing to not be in a relationship. Too many people have a revolving door of them and base their self-worth on them. Take a look at your relationship history past just the bad guy aspect and decide if you fall into the category of feeling like your self-worth is tied to feeling you have to be in a relationship. How many have you been in and how long were the periods of time between each? Perhaps you need to take a deliberate break from actively searching out relationships to get to know you for a change. Take the time to develop a better understanding of yourself and what you want out of life and you may just find that the type of men you are attracted to or who you attract will change for the better.
 chameleonf
Msg: 238 (view)

Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:25:51 PM

Don't forget the bedroom slippers and the Netflix ready for Mad Men.

...and then she stays up to relax for a bit in the other room watching "How to Get Away with Murder", "Snapped" and "Deadly Wives"...
 chameleonf
Msg: 189 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 2/24/2016 12:21:30 PM

Several points here:
1) I think you meant to say “it’s tempting to make the analogy”

No, you think wrong. I typed it the way I intended it. You weren't tempted to make the analogy - you did attempt to make the analogy but didn't quite fully get there.

Re your #2 - you're allowing yourself to fall into the trap of believing that better quality means having to pay more based on someone else's definition of quality. I can get a superb vehicle by doing my own homework at very little expense to me, if any.

Re your #3 - It was your own "attempted" analogy that was stating that the older, better cars weren't on the market because they were being possessed by the owner because of their good quality - does not good quality infer they are dependable and is why they were perceived to not be on the market??

I SEE lots of choices, but since the actual choosing must be reciprocal for things to go anywhere, well, there is the obstacle.

Exactly - and since cars don't chose their owners the "attempted" analogy falls even shorter.

vvvvv With you, I can totally see that happening!!! lol
 chameleonf
Msg: 185 (view)

Less to choose the older we get
Posted: 2/24/2016 11:46:35 AM

Applying this theory to the dating pool is a very interesting exercise, isn’t it?

I can see where the analogy is attempting to be made, however, it doesn't take into consideration that all kinds of cherry, above average cars, are actually on the market because the driver has either died or has become an incapable driver by a certain age. This can lead to an assumption there is nothing much of quality out there to choose from and the only choice is to search for newer, less tried and true versions that lack dependability.
 chameleonf
Msg: 110 (view)

Bra Padding
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:56:17 AM

Lol I think this every day about the majority of the general public. I often wonder how they manage to wipe their a$$es in the morning and make it through the day :0

Some elevator rides can sure make a person wonder! You'll have to start wearing a T-shirt with arrows pointing in all directions saying, "I'm NOT with Stupid!"
 chameleonf
Msg: 104 (view)

boobs give me heartburn
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:15:42 AM

If it's OK for women to wear bra padding is it OK for me to wear built up shoes?

So what will you do in sandal wearing weather? Wear wedge sandals or flat sandals with stuffing in the soles of your socks? Decisions decisions...dorky look #1 or #2...
 chameleonf
Msg: 1578 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 2/24/2016 9:13:33 AM
Re: 1576 It's understandable that angry people are drawn to an angry politician who "seems" to be one of them, however, their intelligence is in question as they don't seem to fathom the results of possibly getting what they vote for in the end.
 chameleonf
Msg: 73 (view)

What is courtship?
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:43:29 AM
I don't believe in practicing ritualistic "courtship". Be who you are, do what you do and speak how you speak from the get go instead of all the "acting" that goes on and further into the relationship you won't hear or have to say "you aren't the person you were when I first met you." Totally true if you're doing and saying things in order to win someone over and then when you feel you've snagged the other person you revert to who you really are. If it means you're a nasty piece of work then at least other people will know it from the beginning instead of having to have the nasty slowly seep into the relationship, as I'm sure happens with some particular posters who constantly blame the opposite sex for their relationship woes.

When getting to know someone and well into relationships I don't believe it should be a one-way street where a guy has to come up with all the ideas and spend all kinds of money to "woo" a woman. After a time a man would feel used, particularly when he's not prepared to continue the archaic ritual. When he starts feeling used and slows down and practically stops the practice, she starts feeling less appreciated. It's materialistic madness on both their parts. I'm all about reciprocity when it comes to money, time, effort, etc. What you see is what you get and I just wish everyone would stop with the silly male/female role playing (save that for the bedroom if you're into it).

As far as women and hints/vagueness/code, there's a way to get around it. Ask a direct question in order to get a direct response or ask for clarity if you don't understand a behaviour or statement. If you're the one hinting, being vague and acting/speaking in code, knock it off - it's childish - adult relationships are for adults, so be one.
 chameleonf
Msg: 308 (view)

who pays
Posted: 2/12/2016 3:07:44 PM

Not literally perhaps.. But some guys are "dancing monkeys" for women..I.e. Always having the burden of having to "entertain" her, think of and do exciting things so Her Highness never ever has to suffer a moment of boredom..

Wouldn't that be the problem of the guy? If I'm not about to jump through hoops for a guy so he doesn't have to suffer a moment of boredom, why would a guy figure it's some kind of obligation for him to do so? If it seems to some men that "all" women are like that, they're obviously drawn to that kind of woman for other reasons and that comes along with the other aspects of her personality, whether that's old fashioned principals/expectations or a princess mentality. Look for women with less old fashioned principals or who aren't a princess. Simply don't keep doing the same thing with the same type of people and expect a different result.

As for the dancing metaphor, I'm thinking someone has to take the lead or it would be a virtual tug of war on the dance floor in a purely physical sense. In life's who pays aspect of things, there are obviously no set rules judging from the different answers you get from different people. If a guy feels less than manly if he doesn't pay, it's up to him to find a woman who likes to have him pay her way - if he doesn't, then he finds someone who's of a different mindset and the same goes for a woman. This "me man, you follow" attitude makes my eyelid twitch!

Show ALL Forums