Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4130 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 9/19/2017 7:36:36 PM
^^^mannn, what they keep saying about you here is readily apparent by the above. Thick as a brick.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3331 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:55:03 PM
Re the US not being the only country being dragged down, that's precisely why it sticks in my craw when some arrogant Americans ask what business is it of any other countries who they put into office of POTUS. Apparently only they can get their snot in a knot over who governs other countries. Ironic hypocracy.
 chameleonf
Msg: 108 (view)

Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:35:10 PM
Although there are a number of factors that cause climate change, when mentioning the sun, you have to remember that good ol' ozone layer, so ya, it IS realized that the solar system is definitely at play. It all goes hand in hand with all other factors we have at least "some" control over.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4128 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2017 1:50:25 PM

President Donald Trump's pick for US ambassador to Russia, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, told lawmakers Tuesday that there is "no question Russia interfered in the US election last summer."

Appearing in his nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations committee, Huntsman said the interference in the election has directly led to the low level of trust between Moscow and Washington.

Wouldn't it just have been simpler for Huntsman to say, "I don't want the job"?? lol
 chameleonf
Msg: 3328 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2017 1:42:05 PM
With his enflaming, childish Twit tweets, it may well be your country not being given any advance notice. Seriously, speaking before the U.N. and using stupid language such as "Rocket Man" to describe KJU. That may get kudos from the redneck faction of his supporters who think, "There, that's tellin' 'im," but on the world stage, he's dragging your country down and is considered a dangerous laughing stock.
 chameleonf
Msg: 15 (view)

What to do with this woman!
Posted: 9/18/2017 3:37:42 PM
This one time at band camp.......
 chameleonf
Msg: 99 (view)

Why do you believe or not believe that Climate change is taking place
Posted: 9/18/2017 8:53:27 AM
The above comes from this article: http://www.sightline.org/2017/02/09/trump-voters-views-on-climate-change/

The polling comes from a survey of 1,226 Americans, 401 of whom voted for Trump, conducted shortly after the November 2016 election.

Only 32.7% of the individuals polled for the survey even voted for Trump - hardly a good sampling for survey purposes of Trump supporters. If there are many ways to clean fish, there are at least as many ways to skew "surveys". Subsequent to the "survey", given that Trump has pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord and that he has stated, "It's an expensive hoax," it is highly likely that there are many more Trump supporters than the survey indicates who would take that as a sign from their messiah that they too should believe it's an expensive hoax.

vvvv No, saying this: "It's an expensive hoax" is.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3302 (view)

Posted: 9/16/2017 10:15:28 AM
re 3300: The source and the subject go hand in hand. If the source is not credible, the subject matter being cited by the source is equally incredible. It's the difference between taking opinion as fact, rather than taking facts as fact. It doesn't take a degree to understand this but one would think that if one has a degree they should definitely understand this.
 chameleonf
Msg: 63 (view)

yes, let's get back to the President's ban on immigrants. How's that going?
Posted: 9/16/2017 10:01:03 AM
This is the study: http://www.hlsenteret.no/publikasjoner/digitale-hefter/antisemittisk-vold-i-europa_engelsk_endelig-versjon.pdf
cited in this link: http://www.jns.org/latest-articles/2017/7/5/new-study-reveals-europes-rising-anti-semitism-forces-jews-to-leave-or-hide#.Wb1XjcKWyM8=
 chameleonf
Msg: 45 (view)

Hillary is now blaming Bernie for her loss...and Bernie's reply is...
Posted: 9/14/2017 12:44:18 PM
^^^ ya, but at least Trump got in the SCJ...*snickers*...and apparently that's all that matters (insert eye roll emoji)
 chameleonf
Msg: 4086 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2017 7:46:58 AM
More comedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUSLxQyy9c
 chameleonf
Msg: 3284 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2017 7:20:03 AM
I'll cite 3282's source for her: http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-09-13.html
Ann Coulter...baaaahahahahaha
 chameleonf
Msg: 3281 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2017 6:35:42 AM
It's why back when the comment was made about the SCJ I said she was sitting on a sharp picket fence. It was designed to give her an out as the buffoonery was escalating. Now it'll likely be said that Trump is just displaying he can work with both sides, rather than what it is...wanting some kind of win, even if not what he promised his base, before he gets the boot.
 chameleonf
Msg: 13 (view)

Hillary is now blaming Bernie for her loss...and Bernie's reply is...
Posted: 9/13/2017 10:25:26 AM

Everyday, she comes out with another reason why she didn't win.

You really must stop following her every day, otherwise you will be deemed to be obsessed with her. Oops, too late. Seriously, bringing her up constantly is not going to suddenly make people forget about all the present Trump buffoonery. She's past her best before date and you're still eating her up. Must drive you nuts that Trump is deliberately turncoating to make his own party pissed (he's not doing it because he understands the issues the way an intelligent leader would).
 chameleonf
Msg: 159 (view)

TRANSEXUALS, CROSS DRESSERS, HOW CAN YOU TELL, AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
Posted: 9/13/2017 9:59:26 AM

that is what you consider "backing?"

oh, I see. I know you are not backing this individual's “mentally ill” transgenderedness but are stating they are a person of colour (poc) and that they and others who are of colour are not extremely intelligent because

leftists use them to advance their agenda

By your own statements you really aren’t backing persons of colour either…one segment is mentally ill, according to you, and the other is so stupid they are allowing themselves to be used to advance an agenda.

you follow me so,so, so closely that you know that i have in the past said that:

No, I don’t follow you closely – you just happen to take up ½ the posting space with your contradictory blathering that it’s occasionally fun to call you on your stupidity and false sense of intelligence/importance. Can't help it if I have a good memory on top of that.

2. mental illness doesn't mean that they should be abandoned. give them help.

As many have tried to urge you, take your own advice in that regard.

and just like anne coulter and ben shapiro can speak freely so can this man/model.

This individual has every right to speak freely. It doesn’t mean that she will be allowed to keep her job, much like Kathy Griffen was dismissed for speaking freely. When you are a public representative of an organization and want to deviate from their philosophy in a public manner, don’t expect they want to keep you representing that organization, much in the same way that being a Christian pastor whose sermons promote Islamic religious beliefs wouldn’t keep his position for long.

(pretending i am a leftist): "maybe the alt right runs l'oreal"(wide eyes)

You wouldn’t do very well pretending you’re a leftist, any more than you’re pretending the above makes any kind of sense and once again shows you're grasping at straws to make every issue right and left, as though all things are political.

is that why leftists fight against the reality of their mental illness? because they would then turn their backs on trans people if they admit that they are mentally ill?

So, in other words, you have to be a leftist to understand science and biology? To your way of thinking, if you don’t understand something, label it mentally ill. Well, you don't understand them, ergo...

copying my phrasing again? what a reveal. wow. pretty good all this time. heh.

Have to dumb down and use some of your phrasing, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to follow along (and obviously still can't).
 chameleonf
Msg: 157 (view)

Posted: 9/13/2017 8:21:30 AM
She was dropped by L'Oréal because of this:

In a statement on Friday, L’Oréal Paris UK said that it “supports diversity and tolerance towards all people irrespective of their race, background, gender and religion.” It added: “We believe that the recent comments by Munroe Bergdorf are at odds with those values, and as such we have taken the decision to end the partnership with her.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/02/business/munroe-bergdorf-loreal-transgender.html?mcubz=1

It would seem this particular poc was using their new found position to promote a personal agenda (divisiveness), rather than the principles of the company they were to be working for.

What is more interesting is that you will suddenly back a transgendered individual when your whole premise is that they have a mental illness. Suddenly they're sane in your eyes because this particular one also happens to be black and that "leftists" are using them to advance their agenda? That's quite the stretch, as per usual.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3243 (view)

Posted: 9/11/2017 8:05:43 AM

People do not trust the mainstream media anymore.

These "people" would be the die hard Trump fans. You know, those people who don't possess critical thinking abilities and/or don't have the ability to think for themselves. The vast majority of polls show the large composition is republicans who don't trust the mainstream media because they've been told not to trust it, not because they've come to that determination using logic...gullible lemmings.
 chameleonf
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 9/11/2017 7:55:15 AM
Her source: http://www.dennisprager.com/conservatives-in-america-like-marranos-in-medieval-spain/
 chameleonf
Msg: 3238 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2017 7:13:14 PM
^^^ you'd have to cite all your legitimate sources verifying that liberals are racists and bigots, using non Americans as "slaves". Particularly when your pres and his family don't identify as liberals, at least not these past couple of years and they're so well known for doing just that...in the States and abroad.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3236 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2017 6:56:32 PM
Isn't that going to be a hoot watching them have to be imported and be mandated legally to finally have to be paid a fair wage for filling the positions they weren't being paid fairly for before...and sending it back to Mexico to not pay for a wall. These hurricanes, as horrible and unfortunate as they are, could almost be considered to have a karmic quality...if you believe in that kind of stuff, for those who use and abuse other people and then have the audacity to blame them for their woes.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3226 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2017 9:19:45 AM
Bad analogy. If you rob a bank, even if you take your kids with you, your kids don't receive the sentence for your crime, even if you rob a number of banks over many years.
 chameleonf
Msg: 15 (view)

if Florida runs out of gas, the Syrians can drop some off.
Posted: 9/10/2017 6:29:43 AM
He's so petty and so pissed with his own party at this point, it's entirely likely he "made a deal" with the Dems to piss them off in retaliation, not because he has a full understanding of the deal he made. This is a guy, who in his business dealings, tells his staff to make something happen because he knows he doesn't have the full mental acuity to understand the "deal".
 chameleonf
Msg: 3883 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2017 2:58:57 PM
I find the whole statue dilemma odd. It's become such a tit for tat overblown issue. I would wager to say that most individuals where they are located didn't even think twice about them as they passed them on a daily basis and many didn't even have a clue about the background of those the issue is now being taken with. Some have stood since 1874, 1904, etc. They weren't necessarily seen by today's generation as anything but park art, other than perhaps activists who go out of their way to look for something to activate. In turn, it seems the more vocal the white supremacists are getting the more they are actually being given a voice instead of quelling them because the statues have been made an issue.

Odder still is that such issue is taken with stone and bronze of long dead people and yet you allow living, breathing individuals, who are today in the here and now blatantly racist and bigoted, to complain about their removal while marching through your streets armed and openly looking for confrontation to help make their slithering backwoods mentality grow in number. With your economic woes getting even worse daily by your unfortunate weather and the war machine growing with the threat of being blasted from the face of the earth by another nation while being egged on by an incompetent waffling "leader", you'd figure those who these statues bother, for and against, would find better ways to expend their money, time and energy. Sure makes one appreciate their own country. Our faults seem incredibly minor by comparison. Unfortunately it spills over and prompts the sheeple of other countries to mirror the stupidity.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3872 (view)

Posted: 9/7/2017 8:24:52 AM

So.....Trump....gets to "write history"?

I can't see him personally writing history. He can't string a coherent sentence together unless it's written for him when he speaks - can't imagine what his actual writing skills are. At any rate, it would have to be found in the historical fiction section when looking for it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3841 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2017 1:22:58 PM

^^^^ Insurance companies don't just roll over and pay for non-existent damages. It is rare they pay for actual damages without a fight.... so what is far more likely is that Trump....wait for it..... LIED.

That's entirely true re insurance companies. A small part of my line of work involves fighting with property insurers on clients' behalf over legitimate claims and proving damages and insurance contracts they and adjusters refuse to honour. With Trump, he's either lying as you say or he may have colluded (there's that word again) with his adjuster/company member for a huge kickback (extremely unlikely but not impossible to commit the fraud, given how Trump operates and who he associates with). I'll go with the lie.

The only whiny brat I saw was the big tough nazi-supremacist in Charlottesville who was videoed crying like a baby when he realized he was charged with a crime and might go to Jail for a while.

ahhh yes, Christopher Cantwell - just as disgusting throwing his weapons on a bed like a big shot for a reporter as he was crying on video, telling everyone it "just isn't fair". Pathetic losers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3833 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2017 10:05:48 AM

What drives all these posts is the fact they were wrong in November and they are wrong now.
They can't accept the fact they lost.

No, what drives these posts is the fact that the incumbent is totally out of his league as demonstrated to date in many ways. If he had proven to be a positive force instead of a negative one in such a short period of time (which would have been a pleasant, although unexpected, surprise to his initial naysayers), there wouldn't be such strong opposition to his incumbency, including by more and more of his initial supporters. You really have to get over this winner/loser left/right mentality and come to grips with the fact the U.S. is going downhill because of him.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1671 (view)

Great Job , Israel
Posted: 9/6/2017 9:34:25 AM

Well Mr. Cash genuinely likes to play games here..... that is a pretty sure thing.

It's the game playing that has caused so many who contributed to interesting dialogue to leave, including, and perhaps particularly, that of "Mr. Cash" and those with a similar desire to be self-proclaimed "monitors". I'm sure you can relate personally, poppata. Too many couldn't be bothered attempting to come back because of the games being played over and over again by those responsible. I'm not a fan in the least of the perpetrators, no matter how heated and often juvenile some of us can get at times (including me). "Mr. Cash" can stay gone of it's own volition as far as I'm concerned - definitely no loss there, at least in that persona.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3814 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2017 12:35:36 PM

Brilliant? Sending his henchman to do his dirty work to face the press? No wonder there was an inflatable Trump-like chicken outside the White House the other day.

While it's true that it would have been far more presidential for Mr. Chicken to make the same announcement that Sessions did, it would have only been a teleprompter read anyway and even then he has trouble stating anything coherently or not interrupting himself or inserting his own nonsensical diatribe. His speech writers don't seem to be all that bright either. Having said that, the end result is the same. As with most things that Trump tosses out, it's up to Congress to come to an agreement on the policy issues anyway. He'd be better off not even giving his own opinions because they tend to be so divisive and outrageous. It's the same when it comes to NK - he should keep his mouth shut, stop the tweeting, work behind the scenes with the people who actually have some intelligence, and he'd fool everyone into thinking he was more intelligent than he has proven he's not. At best, and that's not saying much, he's a figurehead only compared to many other past presidents and that's the roll he should be playing because of the problems he's caused and will continue to cause.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3787 (view)

You must have a child to enter this ride
Posted: 9/4/2017 7:12:54 AM
Given the following article, I would almost wish for a total mass exodus of all illegal immigrants from the U.S. With respect to the construction workforce alone, after the most recent hurricane and the construction workers required to rebuild, if you think you have the home grown work force to rebuild in a timely manner, think again. I'd encourage the article to be read top to bottom. It does cite pluses and minuses. By the sounds of it, very few pluses.

http://www.toptenz.net/10-things-happen-illegal-immigrants-left-us.php

Too many have a myopic outlook on the illegal immigration problem. Billions will be spent on kicking them out and then many more billions begging them to come back legally out of necessity. However, during that transition period and with the costs associated with the Texas hurricane and the war machine having to be ramped up again because of NK and Afghanistan, if you think the States is in financial trouble at the moment, you "ain't seen nuthin' yet" if there is a mass exodus.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3755 (view)

Posted: 9/1/2017 1:35:19 PM
...and now to add to your list L2L, Keither Schiller aide, Director of Oval Office Operations, is saying he will depart in probably a couple of months - because of financial considerations. Perhaps this is a case of Trump's businesses taking a kicking and he has to guard the money from Herp and Derp who are left in control, and he's going back to work for the Trump Organization where he made more, and he will still have Trump's ear in both areas. Could also be it was a one year deal they made and it's a case of "nothing to see here". Either way, the perception isn't going to do Trump any favours.

vvv He'd have to be buried with a pic of Hillary...only way he could rest in peace.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3734 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2017 10:29:04 AM

Who'd have thunk it, Russia has confirmed that Comrade Trump's lawyer tried to make a deal with them during the election.

Wondered how long it would take for Russia to openly start turning on Trump and confirming there was communications and business dealings with Russia, as opposed to "never". I guess the new best buddies thingy must have warn off. Can't imagine why... Gotta love that all other distractions aren't going to hamper the investigations.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3731 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2017 9:36:29 AM
In the scheme of things, it doesn't matter if a president goes or doesn't go to these areas when things happen. It's what is done with respect to government assistance during and after. At least Trump had his opportunity to say "What a crowd...what a turnout." In that regard he didn't disappoint.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1647 (view)

Great Job , Israel
Posted: 8/30/2017 8:26:54 AM

Remind me again when we have EVER had "uncontrolled" muslim immigration to the United States? Who ever said we should?

People such as the individual you were responding to, Trinity, see any Muslim as a result of uncontrolled immigration, even if they've been in the States for three generations as legal citizens.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3189 (view)

Bad Eggs
Posted: 8/30/2017 8:21:44 AM
Today's Twit's Tweet:

The U.S. has been talking to North Korea, and paying them extortion money, for 25 years. Talking is not the answer! 5:47 AM - 30 Aug 2017

Wonder if Tillerson will soon quit. Must be incredibly difficult attempting to be diplomatic with the world when you have a boss that's a crass idiot, who seems to be itching to use the nuclear code.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3179 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 8:11:20 PM
Totally agree with you Doremi, as do many many others since Trump came along. It was dicy when it came to Reagan towards the end with much hand wringing. It would be much safer for the world at large to not have to figure out if the 25th can be invoked if stability can be somewhat determined prior to an individual entering such a position. As for John, who knows what he's on, but at this time of night lately, it seems to be the Herp and Derp hour.

VVV...as I said, Dunning-Kruger Effect comes to mind every time your tail wagging self shows up. Go beg for a bone from your owner.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3169 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 6:35:59 PM
Suddenly the Dunning-Kruger Effect comes to mind...
 chameleonf
Msg: 3146 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 10:05:10 AM

You swear by global warming...

I wasn't swearing by anything. My original comment had to do with how strange the human race is and that many will believe unconditionally in myth and legend and put more credence in that than predictable and proven science. Unfortunately, that usually hits a sore spot with the myth and legend believers and they go on a tangent, along with what is often (but not always) a reading comprehension disability.

global warming...global cooling...climate change...illegal aliens...refugees...abortion...racism....guns...the left has to be screaming about something to keep people's attention....

...like the above are one sided issues that the "right" is silent on. Give me a break! The bigger problem is political stupidity of a die hard two party system that is more interested in winning points, rather than the common good of all.

So frigging insensitive, it goes to show how these folks are out of touch.

It wouldn't matter if they dressed in flannel and hip waders...they'd still be out of touch...well, except for Trump and his propensity for wanting to touch uninvited because he's a celebrity and all. Speaking of which, wonder if he'd consider pardoning Cosby, ya know, cuz he's old and all, no matter any past transgressions.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3143 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 9:09:36 AM
I did say the Houston area and for which mandatory evacuation orders were given four days ago for, at a minimum:

•Aransas County•Mandatory Evacuation
•Brazoria County•Mandatory Evacuation for coastal communities
•Calhoun County•Mandatory Evacuation
•Matagorda County•Mandatory Evacuation
•Refugio County•Mandatory Evacuation
•San Patricio County•Mandatory County

Granted, what didn't help was conflicting orders by a couple of different authorities. The people I was referring to were those who deliberately don't heed evacuation orders, citing first hand, on TV interviews, that they rode out hurricanes before and didn't have a problem, ignoring the fact that this was stated, scientifically, that this would be an unprecedented storm because of 3 feet+ of rain predicted, and that they wished they had taken heed. I'd suggest turning your television on and listening to first hand accounts of why people didn't leave and regretting they didn't listen. Oh well...suit yourself.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3140 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 8:46:29 AM
As many as four days ago:
https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2017/08/25/232863/evacuations-in-effect-across-texas/

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/8/25/16202296/hurricane-harvey-2017-evacuation-psychology
 chameleonf
Msg: 3135 (view)

Posted: 8/29/2017 7:58:49 AM
Humans are definitely a strange group. Some believing in gods they can't see, yet insisting they are real based on myth and legend, but will not believe in the possibility of actual scientific predictions and calculations that are, granted, subject to interpretation based on the varying cumulative data over time. A most recent example of this is the many individuals in the Houston area who refused to believe the predictions of the scientific data that predicted a hurricane of the magnitude they are now experiencing and refused to evacuate because they had little faith in the scientific predictions and calculations. Many of course, could not leave on their own steam, but those who could have and chose not to, because they didn't believe the science, have placed an unnecessary burden on disaster resources helping to get them out, when it should more properly have been able to concentrate on those individuals who couldn't get out of the path on their own steam. Can you "see" the science now?
 chameleonf
Msg: 3126 (view)

Trump is still President.
Posted: 8/28/2017 10:06:43 PM
Spoken like a true arrogant New Yorker. What your president does (more than what he doesn't) impacts the rest of the world as per the example of the missile going over Japan as a symbol to Trump that his chest thumping posturing is causing grief to other nations and hasn't been the deterrent Trump erroneously hoped for. If it was a case of Trump's actions causing a missile to be flown strictly over your island, maybe your arrogant attitude would deflate some...but I'm doubting it. Being that, so far, other nations far away from you are having to cope with the ramifications, I'm sure lets you sleep at night with a clear conscience while you support an inept buffoon. Sure Trudeau isn't the leader one would hope for but the inept leadership roles are on totally different levels when comparing the two.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3124 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2017 9:30:34 PM
Pardon moi...double pist
 chameleonf
Msg: 3123 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2017 9:30:25 PM
Ah, once again the deflection back to HC when it's a foregone conclusion that she hasn't been the president these past nine months and it can't be known with any kind of certainty how she would have done in that position if she had won. What is a certainty is what the current Bozo's track record is...that of someone who, as soon as he ran the race, fell on his face and can't get back up. The arrogant idiot believed that his saber rattling with another one who is just as unstable put him in his place and made him back off. I'm sure the citizens and the prime minister of Japan are thanking Trump for his self proclaimed machismo for enduring air raid sirens last night when a missile flew over their country. This will not endear Japan to the States...good going. The seriously frightening part of this is that NK has a history, as recently as a couple of days ago, deploying missiles that go off course and/or exploding prematurely. Hopefully Trump has learned that undiplomatic relations via Twitter antagonism isn't the best course of action...but I'm sure no one is holding their breath. Trumpets, on the other hand must have held their breath for too long at some point in their lives... they're exhibiting symptoms of extended oxygen deprivation.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3697 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2017 3:28:34 PM
^^^Yes, I agree.

On top of Trump not knowing much about anything because he has the attention span of gnat, there is also this:

What’s more, Trump might not have the lawful authority to yank the United States out of the agreement—it’s a matter of debate. Many experts believe that, under Section 125 of the Trade Act of 1974, the president possesses the authority to unilaterally withdraw from trade agreements, including NAFTA. But it’s somewhat uncharted legal territory, and not all agree. Since Congress enacted NAFTA’s provisions by passing a federal law called the Implementation Act, Johnson argues, which doesn’t grant the president the power to withdraw from NAFTA unilaterally, he can’t act on his own. “Since NAFTA was approved by Congress under the authority expressly granted to Congress under the Commerce Clause, it follows that only Congress has the power to reverse that approval and cause the United States to withdraw from NAFTA,” he concludes.

That could forestall Trump from attempting a Brexit of his own. In Britain, the decision to leave the EU was ultimately up to Theresa May. But in North America, a different “may” could still keep the United States in NAFTA.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/trump-nafta-withdrawal-order/524463/

You'd think he'd at the very least ask a question of his advisors before he attempts to commit to something that he ultimately doesn't have full authority to do. That's the benefit of electing someone who at least has some knowledge of politics - it's not an "on the job training" type of position.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3694 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2017 2:01:32 PM
Well, that settles that, at least for the time being. Trump just gazillioned down on the wall in a news conference with the president of Finland, still stating that Mexico will pay for it one way or the other. I guess he just doesn't know when to take an opportunity handed to him on a silver platter and still cut his nose off to spite his orange face. Oh well, it won't pass and he'll just go on with all the rest of his blithering idiocy, like the "Sheriff Joe" stupidity. I like the way he defended it by stating that other presidents have pardoned awful people too, which is pretty much an admission that Sheriff Joe isn't a great person, at the same time as saying he's a great person. He's determined to get the "best of award" - the worst of the worst presidents in history, something he's definitely earned.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3105 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2017 10:01:54 AM

Republicans always pander to racists and religious bigots because the left is trained to attack those people.

In politics, parties generally tend to pander to a segment of the population that aligns with their own agendas. In the case of Repubicans (both party and supporters) and Trump in particular, their make-up skews to being a large segment of racists, religious bigots and angry white men, with a mix of a lack of critical thinking. The end result is that non-Republicans (not just Dems) fight that class and party in order to not destroy the middle class, etc. I don't think it's a purposeful derailment to deflect by creating a culture war. Their present existence in and of itself has created a culture war - not some grand scheme on their part.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3098 (view)

Hugo Chump shows what a real
Posted: 8/28/2017 8:28:05 AM
Gotta wonder just how many years it will be before the deplorables will stop bringing up HC in an effort to deflect on the craptacular job Trump is doing in the here and now (they keep saying the election is over and yet they consistently bring her up)? Probably as many years as they'll use stonewalling by the Dems as the reason his bad bills don't pass and then further use it as the reason why he doesn't make it another four years (if he even makes it through the first four). Can it really be classified as stonewalling in the first place when it's regarding very poor bills?

This is what you need to understand: the US is now 20 Trillion in debt.
Exactly. And with the new horrendous expenses caused by the hurricane, he'll use this (or should use it) as his reason now for walking away from the wall rhetoric. How would he be able to explain that money was being funnelled to a wall when his base's needs in Texas aren't being seen to 100% by having any amount at all spent on a wall. It might even go so far as to lose him support of Texas white supremacists if he continues pushing the wall crap, and we all know how much he likes to cater to their ilk.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3092 (view)

The Left is a Complete Fail
Posted: 8/28/2017 6:40:45 AM
Speaking of Trump building or not building things, does anyone think he will use the Texas hurricane/floods as his reason to be able to back out of his wall build, thereby placating his base and saving face, or do you think he'll push on with it?
 chameleonf
Msg: 3660 (view)

Posted: 8/27/2017 7:34:47 AM
Being that only 60.3% people voted at all and when only 45.9% of that figure voted for Trump, roughly 13% of the female population of the US voted for Trump. When people don't understand basic math, it becomes difficult for them to make a case for the real support Trump has by any segment of the population, particularly when the EC is factored in.

Nice to finally see a couple more top Repubs speaking out against Trump on the Arpaio stupidity.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3648 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2017 11:21:45 AM
Trump being president didn't boil down to a black responsibility. Politically unintelligent voters and apathetic non voters did, no matter their ethnicity or race.

Show ALL Forums