Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What good things has Trump accomplished?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4189 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 1/15/2018 6:52:32 PM
Dee, I see you cannot answer the question, which had far less to do to with immigration than divisiveness caused by your president in any number of areas. For some reason you tend to think his political incorrectness will cause the pendulum to swing to the centre but refuse for some reason to elaborate just how that is accomplished. It was a serious question. Your premise has me stumped without your explanation...or do you really not have one?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4182 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2018 3:00:05 PM

Aye but my question was regarding stand watie. Was he a traitor because he fought against union troops who had invaded HIS land?

Would "his land" not be owned by the Confederacy if they had won?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4177 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2018 2:09:11 PM
It's just as well he was busy playing golf. Had he been in the oval office and heard of it as it happened, he would have likely done or tweeted something as stupid as he usually does prior to being briefed enough in a way a child would understand...and then still screwed up.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4172 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2018 1:03:31 PM
^ Please explain how it is that you believe that being "not polite" or "even rude but an extreme" that may bring your country ultimately to the middle. Your country was more "in the middle" prior to Trump. His rhetoric on many occasions has made it more and more acceptable to openly create a divide by non-acceptance of differences in citizens and other countries, whether that has to do with colour, ethnicity, religion/non-religion, sexual harassment, extreme poor v. uber wealthy, etc. How do you see his near isolationist, almost white-supremacist insinuation and outright statements bringing the country ultimately to the middle? Is it by making decent people so outraged and offenders so embarrassed by mimicking him that they'll come back to the middle by getting rid of him one way or the other??
 chameleonf
Msg: 154 (view)

Oprah Winfrey for President
Posted: 1/15/2018 9:08:56 AM

^^You need to ask?

lol...no...didn't have to ask. They won't understand the rhetorical aspect - being the racist, misogynistic, homophobe they are...but I still couldn't resist.
 chameleonf
Msg: 151 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2018 8:18:45 AM

What a great question! ... Oprah for President? ... Well she ticks all the left wing nut jobs boxes eh? ... 1/ She's Black! ... 2/She's Female! ... 3/ She's a Lesbian! ...What a great fit!

Barring the fact I don't believe Oprah has the political experience necessary for the job but has to date exhibited the diplomacy for the job, if she did have the political experience, am I to take it you wouldn't consider her BECAUSE she is black, female and (not) a lesbian? If so, those are disqualifiers, why?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4096 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2018 9:00:46 AM

I'm suggesting Ben is lying low because of Trump.

Ben just got pulled out from the mothballs to speak re MLK. Not saying he didn't speak well on the topic...but he's used in a token black man sort of way before being punted back to the mothballs. Sickeningly transparent.
 chameleonf
Msg: 41 (view)

Are There Sexual Assault Double Standards?
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:46:21 AM
Of course there is a double standard when it comes to being taken seriously when it comes to sexual assault perpetrated against males, whether the perpetrator is male or female. However, from lifelong observations, it is more males who tend to diminish or refuse to acknowldge the potential for emotional harm caused. One only has to note some of the comments from fellow posters who are male who claim to have been accosted sexually, in the open, by a female and say they wouldn't complain, to understand that because it's a welcome occurrence to them, it has to be for all males. It's more of an issue for males, it seems, when they are sexually accosted by a member of their own sex. Even then, more so in the past, it has been ignored as "something not to be spoken of." The squeaky wheel gets the oil when it comes to change - silence is not always golden.
 chameleonf
Msg: 114 (view)

Posted: 1/12/2018 8:01:38 AM

What's this 'we' business? You live in Canada. Just sayin'~

Not speaking for Whiskey but being from Canada myself, just had to point out that myopic viewpoint that some in the States have. Thinking that Trump doesn't have an impact on the rest of the world is just as obtuse as thinking that the actions of a Kim Jong Un or, in the past a Hitler, wouldn't have any impact on your own country. Just sayin'~
 chameleonf
Msg: 4086 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 5:10:34 PM
^as I see it, if it deflects attention from the investigations, all the better. They can continue on doing what they do best, out of the limelight. I never hoped Trump was guilty of anything before and was simply content to accept whatever the outcome was. Because there is simply no end to Mr Crazy's craziness and his own party and supporters condone it by pretending it doesn't exist, I hope something takes him down...sooner than any later. The less violent means of the 25th or impeachment is required.
 chameleonf
Msg: 103 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 3:46:48 PM
^ You need to be cloned. You're a fine fine person, Ms. Wooby!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 4080 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 2:36:45 PM

Trump asked....."Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here." in meeting with law makers.

Quite the day he's having!! He also said that he probably has a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un. I guess those missiles apparently pointed at the States are best buddy gifts being kept at the ready to be sent at the next celebratory occasion. When's Trumptard's birthday??

v It's been corroborated...unfortunately.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5347 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 1/11/2018 1:57:37 PM

Simpson's testimony was damning. Damning to the Republicans on that Committee who didn't want it to see the light of day. Speaking of stupid people... how is it that the MORE evidence of Trump's idiocy, insanity and guilt pops up, the MORE GOP congressmen are getting behind him? He's now being heartily defended by GOP congressmen that were publicly questioning his fitness for office less than 6 months ago. Damn right this is a witch hunt -- because Trump apparently is a witch to be able to turn Republicans the way he does. Most people are smart enough to run from trouble. These idiots are running right into the fire and there isn't even a cat in there to save.

You're giving witches a bad name. The GOP is seeing more and more how the demented one can be so easily manipulated because he's, well, both demented and stupid. They can use him as their patsy until he's certified and the 25th or the investigations get rid of him. By then they at least have a chance of pushing a couple more of their agendas through and get to blame him when everyone goes to the polls again. Right now, there's no real barometer to determine how the GOP is crashing and burning until voting time again (at least not without burning effigies in the street) - the last opinion polls didn't work out so well with their predictions. They'll stab him in the back in a heart beat when he's served his purpose. With the passing of the tax bill, there's less and less need to back him and I predict they'll turn against him again soon.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4065 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 8:46:13 AM
I'd suggest Walmart's wage increase/bonuses has more to do with this (along with being able to write off to some degree the bonuses): The wage hike for Walmart follows Target's move late last year to raise its minimum hourly wage to $11, with plans to pay out $15 by 2020. Other retailers including Gap, Whole Foods Costco and TJX have also boosted their wages in recent years, as more companies are under pressure to recruit the best talent. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/walmart-to-boost-starting-wage-give-employees-bonus-after-tax-bill.html ...than the new tax bill. It's far easier for Walmart to say that they now have the ability to increase wages due to the tax bill than it does to say they've been cheaping out for too long on the backs of their employees and are suffering compared to other wholesale companies now because of it. It's not like Walmart has been "suffering" due to previous taxes as it's excuse for not being able to pay better wages and benefits all along: https://amigobulls.com/stocks/WMT/income-statement/annual
 chameleonf
Msg: 6 (view)

Checkin' out harass at work
Posted: 1/10/2018 11:20:06 AM
I'm not so sure if telling him to stop breathing would go over to well...
 chameleonf
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2018 9:41:49 AM
Oprah - came from a poor background - she has first hand knowledge of what that means and what it truly means to be "working class".
Trump - although he worked "around" construction growing up, he was never part of the working class in the true sense of the word.
Oprah - is a billionaire who became so on her own abilities. Granted, being in the right place at the right time also played into it, but she took on the challenges and didn't give up.
Trump - is a billionaire who had a major jump start by being handed millions of dollars by his father https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-how-much-help-did-trumps-father-give-his-son/?utm_term=.1a877c414676
Oprah - won, on her on abilities, a full scholarship to attend University
Trump - although he likes to boast of Wharton, didn't even finish his courses - whether or not he was bought a placement is debatable or what his marks were growing up is largely unclear
Oprah - strives to learn new things and is a voracious reader
Trump - is reported to not read and thinks he knows everything by virtue of being a self-proclaimed genius
Oprah - is diplomatic
Trump - is anything but
Oprah - is philanthropic
Trump - pretends to be to the point of using donations to line his own pockets
Oprah - knows what it's like to have been abused
Trump - is a misogynistic abuser (by many accounts)
etc. etc.

I too, would think that it would be beneficial, if not crucial, for Oprah to enter the political arena at a lower level before throwing her hat into the ring to even run for POTUS; however, when making comparisons, if she were not to obtain prior political experience, she would have vastly more ability to learn on the job than the dumb dumb filling the job now, who still doesn't display that he has knowledge of how a bill becomes a law or the purpose of various governmental agencies, or even his own job duties.

v If you'd like to concern yourself more with Trudeau, go start a thread about him. This one isn't about him, nor are the Trump ones where the same sort of comment is made.
 chameleonf
Msg: 256 (view)

Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:43:42 PM
^^^pfft I've tried it a few times but don't like it (inhaled even *snickers*). When does truth become viewed as hostility anyway?? Facts are facts - Trump is a degenerate, his agenda is trying to wipe out Obama's legacy...and both he and Sessions are backward thinking dinosaurs. I'm quite happy watching them make fools of themselves - just not too pleased about the potential for death and destruction at the whim of an old fool displaying obvious signs of mental instability. Recreational pot becomes legal here in July 2018 for those who partake. Woot for them!
 chameleonf
Msg: 254 (view)

Marijuana Legalization and the stereotype
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:43:33 PM
What is to be expected?? Trying to quash anything with Obama's name on it must be what makes Trump's "button" bigger, no matter if it's good, bad or indifferent to making America great again. As for Sessions and his past insistence that pot causes more violence, he'd only be correct insofar as what non-regulated variations may cause because of what it's laced with, together with the violence caused by the illegal importing/growing/selling and the already violent predisposition of those in that illegal "industry". There is far more violence caused by alcohol consumption, but that doesn't fit with the degenerate-in-chief's agenda because it's not on the wipe out Obama legacy list. What a bunch of backward thinking old dinosaurs.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1537 (view)

The biggest threat ever is from PMSNBC
Posted: 1/3/2018 2:04:53 PM

I guess you have to rewrite the first part of your post.

Doesn't really matter, even though it's expected that the Twit-in-Chief would eventually respond (although the response was a little too coherent to actually have come directly from Trump). Putin, Bannon, et al still have Trump over a barrel. When he's of no use to anyone any more, they'll bury him. It's why he's so set on besmirching the AG's office, the FBI, etc. It won't do him any good though when, if he's not held accountable by his own party and supporters, the bigger dogs will let the anvil fall on his head in order to finally put the dumb old dog down. The GOP got their tax bill through and now he's largely served his purpose. I anticipate there will be less and less covering up for the buffoon and more and more coming out to expose his back door idiocy. They all knew who they were playing - Trump wasn't smart enough to realize it then but is coming to realize it now. His ridiculous tweeting since yesterday is showing how fearful he is by his crazed attempt at distractions.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5201 (view)

Posted: 1/3/2018 10:36:46 AM
Should be another interesting war of words coming down the tubes now that Steve Bannon has been so critical of Trump and family, with the added mention of treason in the mix. Trump has now slammed back, pretty much calling Bannon a nothing burger in Trump's administration and having lost his mind. We'll see if this causes loose lips to sink more of Trump's ship. Seems Trump's biggest accomplishment is creating enemies...who bide their time stabbing him in the back, waiting for appropriate moments to strike in one form or another. This obviously isn't a case of Bannon having left the Trump admin. in order to work more effectively on his behalf from outside of it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 33 (view)

Christmas
Posted: 12/29/2017 9:58:09 AM

(I'm estatic right now, I let my old vehicle sit since Christmas in single digit weather and just got it to start on the first turn of the key.

Ha! It's -32C here right now but feels like -40C...which is your -40F...one clunker refuses to start and the Jeep starts on the first try without being plugged in. The up side is clear blue skies and no 5 feet of snow like Erie.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3918 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2017 7:33:41 PM
^ not to mention that while providing employee bonuses and charitable donations are used as a deduction for corporations/businesses, particularly with unexpected profits, the employee bonuses are treated as income and are taxable. Hopefully, it doesn't bump them just barely into the next bracket and see them paying more than what the bonus amounted to or even just break even for a nice little slap in the face.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3906 (view)

Great Tax Bill!!!!
Posted: 12/21/2017 9:08:12 AM
Speaking of sucking...how utterly embarrassing is it to have to make a speech at the U.N. that "you'll be taking names" of those nations condemning the move of the Israel embassy. I guess Nikki Haley's list taking will be extremely short if it's comprised of those not condemning the move. Then there's Trump's threat to not provide monetary support, once again, thinking he could hold them hostage with that threat. Isolationism at its finest! The U.S. has the right (or is that the wrong) to move its embassy, so why enflame the rest of those previously united as your allies by making the usual stupid comments. Let them disagree at the stupidity. At the rate the States is going, they won't be able to afford to provide aid to other countries in the same manner as it once did anyway - less taxes and the threat of a government shutdown because they can't even afford to fund their own federal agencies....sad.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5094 (view)

Posted: 12/19/2017 12:55:52 PM
Yes, yes...it's all very simple, isn't it Dee?? Now, is this all to take place before or after payment of the $1.2T that the U.S. owes China which comprises 30% of the $3.05T held by foreign countries? Maybe next year when I go to the Mayan Riviera again the currency exchange preferred by them will be the Yuan instead of the U.S. dollar. Yup, you're right, less young people to work, more older people, unaffordable health care, less taxes and more debt, all causing more anxiety and gun carnage...and likely a stock market crash. Woot for you!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 5089 (view)

Posted: 12/19/2017 12:33:29 PM
In 2016, U.S. birth rates were the lowest they have ever been. Yes, by all means, keep those immigrants out, close your borders, lower your taxes, create more wars, kill yourselves off with your guns, drugs, and infrastructure problems that are getting worse instead of better, and before you know it, there will be so few of you left able to support your aging population that you'll be begging for immigrants...but will anyone want to come by then...unless you sell your souls to entice them back over your borders.
 chameleonf
Msg: 25 (view)

The Mid Terms and 2020
Posted: 12/14/2017 9:38:08 AM
^ Joe Kennedy III would seem a possibility. Young, politically experienced in his own right, challenges Trump's and the GOP's agendas already, etc. Don't think I've heard yet if he's interested in running but he would seem to fit the bill better than some of the old dinosaurs who don't know when to leave, don't bring much forward thinking to the table and who don't do much to excite the electorate.
 chameleonf
Msg: 186 (view)

List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
Posted: 12/13/2017 3:03:04 PM
Newyorker: I understand what you are attempting to put forth - that women shouldn't be commenting on having been propositioned because it's easy enough to say no - which is very true. In the current climate, however, particularly where there are so many that figure most or all of the allegations are false unless someone is an actual witness who took pictures, audio and notes, women are too often being accused of lying about the character of the ones being accused. The ones who are coming forth with what is deemed to be frivolous are, more often than not, attempting to back up the behaviour for the ones who have been subject to more than just a proposition or a stupid comment - or they are verifying that their place of employ is being made extremely untenable by the daily onslaught of sexual stupid comments/actions.

I disagree (for the most part) with bringing forth old, largely unprovable accusations post limitation dates, but with Batali, he's been reprimanded as recently as two months ago for on the job crap that women simply should not have to put up with. Maybe it's just so commonplace in the Tri-States (men will be men attitude) that there's such indifference - but particularly in the workplace, there's no place for it. Everyone's there to do a job, not get paid for titillation or more.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3865 (view)

He's dancing just as fast as he can
Posted: 12/13/2017 2:09:06 PM
^ It was very Trumpesque, much like his "Oh, look at my African-American over here. Look at him," Trump said. "Are you the greatest?" Me thinks he supported Moore (and by proxy his speechifying red neck wife) for more reasons than just retaining a seat - birds of a feather.
 chameleonf
Msg: 182 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2017 12:24:26 PM
^ Ya, this sounds like asking for a make out session: https://ny.eater.com/2017/12/11/16759540/mario-batali-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Seems more like Batali is the one who has "caused" himself to be embarrassed, particularly as there is admission on his part and he has previously been reprimanded for his behaviour. But carry on in Dee fashion...
 chameleonf
Msg: 178 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2017 11:17:16 AM

I like Hawking's posts.

I second that emotion!
 chameleonf
Msg: 175 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2017 9:59:58 AM
^ Last night in Alabama may just be the turning point required to have Republicans in office look out for their own best interests - again. They stood behind Trump for their own best interests, even though many behind the scenes referred to him as an idiot, in order to ride the "change" gravy train that voters were looking for. Now that they are seeing how the tide has been turning since Trump has actually had the opportunity to show his INabilities, which the voters have also had time to see, particularly by who he aligns himself with, there is greater chance that the Republicans in office will continually and more openly oppose his self-serving interests in order to maintain favour with the people who voted for them in the first place.

Trump is like weight gain - causing all kinds of long-term problems and easier to put on than to get rid of. It will take a very long time for the U.S. to gain back any kind of respect with the rest of the world once this doofus is gone. Like extreme weight gain causing stretch marks, Trump's time in power will have long lasting ramifications. The only upside is that he can't be the dictator he wishes he could be and/or pass his position down to his family members.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3858 (view)

The President Trump Accomplishments!
Posted: 12/13/2017 9:14:00 AM

Mueller's dream team is in serious trouble

Mueller being fired because of finding agents' biased Emails and acting on them would be like Trump being impeached for firing Flynn for *snickers* lying to Pence. Rosenstein is under the gun now because he is apparently seen as the one who has the authority, rather than Trump, to fire Mueller for just cause , in which case, Sessions would have to quit his current position and replace Rosenstein, thereby providing Sessions with the authority to fire Mueller. None of this looks good, however, being that Sessions had to recuse himself because it's an already admitted conflict of interest. Easiest scenario would be to hire a new special counsel to re-investigate the Clinton matter and allow Mueller to continue with what he's been great at doing to date.
 chameleonf
Msg: 19 (view)

The Mid Terms and 2020
Posted: 12/13/2017 8:42:35 AM
^ Good, being that Trump is considered a RINO because he's more of an Independent than a Republican.
 chameleonf
Msg: 13 (view)

The Mid Terms and 2020
Posted: 12/12/2017 3:37:52 PM
^ The above article from The Wall Street Journal sums it up quite nicely. Trumptards are too busy living in their little myopic world.
 chameleonf
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 12/12/2017 10:28:49 AM
LtoL: Although a person can't choose who endorses them, the reason they are being endorsed speaks for itself - either the platform, actions, or the speeches/commentary by the person being endorsed falls in line with the thoughts of the endorser. Totally not surprising that Moore and Trump both get endorsements from neo-Nazis - their bigotry and red neck attitudes, etc. are so alike (never mind the sexual allegations levelled against both), the two are like brothers from another mother. That people support both of these Neanderthals is mind boggling but, water does tend to seek its own level. Moore will probably win today, given the twisted rationale one hears from supporting voters. Then we get to watch another chit show play out in 'Murica. Hard to say what the party of the IMmoral majority will do about it - probably nothing - after all, they allowed the clown-in-chief to get to where he is now and still support his lunacy in too large numbers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5003 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2017 11:17:03 AM
^what has led you to believe all these Trump accusers were out on "romantic" dates with him where there may be a chance of a grope or kiss (even if unwanted in that circumstance)??
 chameleonf
Msg: 124 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2017 10:25:56 AM
Double post
 chameleonf
Msg: 123 (view)

Posted: 12/11/2017 10:25:31 AM
It's a foregone conclusion Trump's a pig who has to pretty much buy the women who stay with him (wives). Any others he doesn't pay for, he has to grab, grope, walk in on when changing because there simply aren't any other redeeming qualities about him (trumpettes don't count...they figure he's intelligent, which speaks for itself).
 chameleonf
Msg: 4969 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2017 11:24:04 AM
^ Well, there is this: https://www.statnews.com/2017/12/07/donald-trump-brain-specialist-disease/ food for thought. Combine that with a basic lack of knowledge in many areas and it's not getting better as time goes on.
 chameleonf
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2017 10:40:09 AM

Did anyone say it did?

Simple answer is no... I'm just trying to figure out the intent of your post in the first place. For all I know it could be to discredit Handler because she can't stand Trump and speaks out against him at every opportunity.
 chameleonf
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2017 10:04:19 AM
I'm trying to figure out the reason for the Handler post in the first place. If it's to state that some women also wouldn't have a problem with being grabbed a la Trump's video... that's true. But it doesn't make it a legal act for those who do have a problem with it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 319 (view)

Mike Pence and Trump on Israel
Posted: 12/8/2017 8:20:02 PM
317...speaking of stupid...seems things are always flying way over your head. It takes far more than moving an embassy as a declaration of a single self interested country to make said declaration an actual fact. But if you take it as some kind of win, who am I to cloud your delusions.
 chameleonf
Msg: 77 (view)

Raising kids to be gender neutral
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:01:44 PM
Sounds like a very similar number of procedures performed by thosands of men and women to be a better looking version of their own gender...and very often they wind up looking like an alien when that's not their desire.
 chameleonf
Msg: 316 (view)

Mike Pence and Trump on Israel
Posted: 12/8/2017 6:50:28 PM
Well if that's all it takes, I declare and millions of others recognise Trump to be an inept, unintelligent, bumbling idiot (don't confuse the ability to manipulate the susceptible with the intelligence required for the position)...therefore, let it be written that it is so.
 chameleonf
Msg: 17 (view)

Sexists to face tougher sentences under plans to make misogyny a hate crime
Posted: 12/8/2017 6:35:53 PM
The "crime" isn't liking a woman... it's what is done when liking a woman. Just because you like a woman doesn't give you the right to harrass her when she's made it clear she doesn't feel the same way about you. It doesn't give you the right to test if there's any reciprocity by grabbing her, kissing her, stalking her, or making her life otherwise miserable because you can't get it through the Neanderthal portion of your brain that you can't simply take that which isn't given to you freely. A lack of reciprocity is not misandry. A lack of reciprocity very often has more to do with an aversion to a repugnant personality, no matter your outward appearance, what position you hold or how much money you have.
 chameleonf
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2017 12:43:04 PM
Pfft...dee, your many posts on the topic speak for themselves with respect to your misogynistic stance on the matter. The only thing we can agree on is there can be false accusations and there can be false denials. Unwanted kissing to you is, by your own words, acceptable, even though it's very definition is sexual harrassment.
 chameleonf
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2017 10:31:38 AM

you acknowledged before that the whines of "he asked me out," ,he hit on me" and a simple "he tried to kiss me" "so fire him" has gotten ridiculous and is detracting from actual assault and more than he hit on me harassment claims.

Sure, a one time thing that happens to one woman that's possible due to a mixed message, like telling a guy you like his new tie and he figures he's being hit on so asks the woman out or feels, therefore, inclined to tell her he likes something about what she's wearing and then she gets her sensibilities in a dither instead of dealing with it is way over the top.

On the other hand, a groping, univited kiss, whether the guy's the best looking thing you've seen or the worst?? Yup, that's what a job's all about. Where the hell do you figure that's ok in a job setting? Sure it's not the same level of assault as attempted or actual rape but it is, nonetheless, totally inappropriate when it's an M.O. of one particular individual with a number of women on a consistent basis. Yes, all kinds of women can handle the situation - but should they have to be put in the position of even having to?

My first job was in the executive suite of the Treasury Department when I was 17 years old in the early 70's and I know first hand what it was like to navigate the different situations when sexual harassment wasn't even considered a real issue because, after all, you were female and it was your lot in life simply by virtue of that fact. Ridiculous behaviour such as being followed into a vault and making sure I could slide a file cabinet drawer between myself and guys, instead of just going in there to do my job, being propositioned by a visiting New York bank president and the boss encouraging me to, even knowing I was newly married, a guy that would come up behind the women while they were busy working and rub their shoulders and then doing a stiff legged walk away. That's just a smattering. Sure, I handled them all - but should I have been expected to? Should any woman today, 45 years later be subjected to same type of crap when they're ALL being paid to do a job?

No, a simple accusation isn't enough, however, the fact that you and people like you feel it's ok to be harassed unless you're physically assaulted and/or raped and that you should ignore it because it's "no big deal" is the very attitude that emboldens the idiot perpetrators to continue making a work day less productive than it should be.

and to resign because you are accused (accused) because you know that you will be destroyed even if not true?

I guess everyone (not just cops) need to start wearing a body cam to work to protect themselves against false accusations and against harassers - sad that some people just haven't evolved to be decent human beings, either in thought or deed.
 chameleonf
Msg: 3796 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2017 9:24:31 AM

and on and on. no matter how you slice it, things were on the upswing under the Great Obama--so much that Chump had to label it fake, but now claims the same events for himself. As he fails to get bills thru congress and we continue to cruise on the Obama budget until Dec 22.

Or could it be that, much like those businesses that have decided to carry on with climate control despite Trump opting out, smaller business and individuals are moving forward on their own steam and being more inventive, despite and in spite of inept government interferences and big business corporate thievery?
 chameleonf
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 12/8/2017 8:47:37 AM

are you allowing women to have you fired, ridiculed replaced because you men are are ridiculing, firing and replacing yourselves because a lot of women want to cry "damsal here. help" when a man makes a move on her or, more ridiculously, made a move 5, 10 or even 40 years ago?

It's those particular type of men who are allowing themselves (not the women) to have themselves fired, ridiculed and replaced because of their own actions. Anything should be fair game prior to the statute of limitations taking effect when it comes to being held accountable. The workplace isn't supposed to be a meat market or a dating site for mentally stunted men to get their jollies that, in the process, leaves women having to either worry about avoiding them or fending them off instead of concentrating on what they're there to do - work. The same would hold true in reverse if and when it happens or if it's same sex harassment/abuse. It's not a difficult concept to understand and has nothing to do with being a damsel in distress. If these type of people weren't acting offensive in the first place, they'd have nothing to worry about, now would they? We're hearing about high profile cases in the news and jumping all over it, but the juvenile behaviour is encountered in every work place. It amounts to sneaky bullying behaviour for the purposes of self-gratification which is no different than any other form of bullying. If you don't condemn it, it is perpetuated and if you don't condemn it, you're part of the problem.
 chameleonf
Msg: 56 (view)

Raising kids to be gender neutral
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:58:51 AM
I suppose that it could be taken that she means it's more important to treat them as a person/individual before placing them in a predefined box of gender and all those archaic "roles" that are gender specific and which hold individuals back from being just that...an individual.

Show ALL Forums