Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What's your most exciting Love Story????
 truelove68
Msg: 1 (view)

What's your most exciting Love Story????
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:12:36 PM
What was your most exciting love story??? Where did you meet them?? Enquiring minds want to know????
 truelove68
Msg: 173 (view)

What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:07:58 PM
Hey everyone..... I have some wonderful news... I met a wonderful woman right here on POF and we are now living together and she really rocks my world.. It was love at first sight and I couldn't be happier.. She is beautiful,caring,and treats me with more love then I have ever known...It looks like marriage could be in our future.. I love her with all my heart and i know she loves me also... We have trust and communication together and that means alot in any relationship... Broken Hearts do heal with time and if you don't rush and give it time love will find you... Me and my ex have decided to remain friends and we get along.. I have forgiven her for what she done to me but, we both agreed we make better friends then we do a married couple.. My children are very happy to see that their Mother and myself are getting along and that I have found someone that loves me for me... I have to say Thanks to Plenty of Fish for bringing me and the love of my life together... Another Match made in Heaven and God has sent me my very own Angel....And, her name is Linda... If I would have killed myself then I wouldn't have gotten to experience the love I have now... I thank God I didn't do it..... Thanks to everyone on POF for all their thoughts on this subject.. You wouldn't believe how much it helps to know that you are not alone in how you are feeling.. And, that there is others out there that has went through the same thing and made it through it and if they can then so can I.. If you are thinking thses thoughts all I can say is don't.. With time your heart will mend and you will find a true love that is just right for you..Don't look for love let love find you....
 truelove68
Msg: 15 (view)

What is your Broken Heart experience????
Posted: 11/28/2006 1:54:59 PM
Hey everyone..... I have some wonderful news... I met a wonderful woman right here on POF and we are now living together and she really rocks my world.. It was love at first sight and I couldn't be happier.. She is beautiful,caring,and treats me with more love then I have ever known...It looks like marriage could be in our future.. I love her with all my heart and i know she loves me also... We have trust and communication together and that means alot in any relationship... Broken Hearts do heal with time and if you don't rush and give it time love will find you... Me and my ex have decided to remain friends and we get along.. I have forgiven her for what she done to me but, we both agreed we make better friends then we do a married couple.. My children are very happy to see that their Mother and myself are getting along and that I have found someone that loves me for me... I have to say Thanks to Plenty of Fish for bringing me and the love of my life together... Another Match made in Heaven and God has sent me my very own Angel....And, her name is Linda...
 truelove68
Msg: 19 (view)

SINGLE AFTER 20YEARS AND IM DEVASTATED
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:18:00 PM
Man I do feel your pain....I was married 15yrs and she ran off with my brother...I thought I was going to die....I cryed myself to sleep several nights and I didn't think the pain would ever stop either...But, it does..After about 3 months after she left I got my daughter back..She is with me now....I did alot of things to take my mind off of it or it will drive you crazy...Just always remember that it is not your fault..and don't blame yourself for the pain she is causing you...Don't let her ever know you are hurting and let her know that you are going on with your life...Make yourself start dating again...Don't sit and hope that everything is going to be alright because Bro.it won't even if she did come back you will never be able to trust her 100% again and you will always wander in the back of your mind things you shouldn't....When this happened to me I thought my life was over and even tried to committ suicide wich was very,very dumb...Since then I have met a woman on POF that totally rocks my world and makes me more happy then my wife ever could.. I didn't want to let go but I had to and Brother so do you..And that's when you will start to heal...It won't be easy but you can do it....Meet you somebody else to share your hopes and dreams with..And please don't let this keep you from trusting love again...Like I said I have found someone that makes me feel more then I ever have and I know that your next love is just around the corner.....just walk around the corner and get her....If it gets rough and you need a friend to talk to write me I am here for you man..I do know what you are going through..(STAY OCCUPPIED)
 truelove68
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2006 12:04:44 PM
This message is to: ONEREALSWEETIE: If I offened you with what I said to Angyson then I apologize...I wasn't meaning that it was there fault over there friend and now that I see how I wrote it it does look that way..I publicly apologize to ONEREALSWEETIE and Angyson....Noboby is responsible for someone else taken there own lifes because the ultimate decision is up to the individual.....What point I was trying to make but did a very poor job of doing was: You can help a person realize what all they do have to live for with some simple caring words or you can push them deeper into depression with some noncaring words...Even phyciatry helps people by talking with them....Some people just feels like they have lost everything and is searching for that one person they can call a friend to help them.. I don't think for the most part that anyone wants to kill themselves down deep in their hearts..They only want a quick fix to a severe pain they are having...It is alot like a drug addict..Alot of them don't want to do it anymore but they don't want to feel the withdrawls that comes with quitting so they return to the drug for a quick fix...Again I publicly apologize for my ill spoken words........
 truelove68
Msg: 3 (view)

How can you tell a person you love them.when you arescared of rejection...
Posted: 1/9/2006 10:57:09 PM
UPDATE!!! I told her how I felt and just blurted it out to her and to my shock she told me she felt the same way nd that she loved me to....Thanks POF....I am Happy once again.....
 truelove68
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2006 10:52:13 PM
Angyson:( If you would only learn from your own lesson.Your friend reached out to you for help and you wasn't there for him and now he is gone..A true friend wouldn't have took his pain so lightly and would have done anything he could have to turn him around.I have attempted suicide before and I am going to tell you right now..You don't think of God or where you are going..You can only see the pain you are feeling..It is easy for a person that hasn't experienced the same kind of problems to pass judgment but if you walked a mile in his shoes you may have felt different. Suicide is something that should never be taken lightly..You can save a person with a word or you can help kill them with a word.The power of life and death are in the tongue..And that quote came out of the greatest book ever written (THE HOLY BIBLE).
 truelove68
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2006 10:34:07 PM
When, I first posted this post I was so down I didn't think that I could ever be happy again. I really thought that my life wasn't worth living anymore and one night I was on my computer after someone gave me advice to start dateing but, I didn't think I could because I loved the one that I lost to much and I didn't feel that Anyone could take her place...Well one night I was trying to keep my mind occupied and was playing on the computer and I typed in dating services just to see what they looked like and I came across this one..I saved it in my favorites and didn't mess with it for awhile but,as the days went by I got curious if I ccould find anyone else..I didn't think so.I posted my profile as a joke and thought that it would just sit there and laughed it off.Well just 2 days later I had 7 women write me...Some were freaks and just wanted sex and some seemed really nice and was looking for love...I talked with a few of them and none of them captured my attention..I was just about to give up and forget it all and then I got a message from a woman and I told myself if I can't find what I am looking for in her then I was going to give up...I answered her back and she sent me some private photos of herself and something told me she was the one for me..We are still talking and I have fallen for her so much..And she has told me she hasn't had anyone to care for her like I have and she cares for me also..We have talked alot and we want to meet but, haven't yet...She has showed me more compassion inher words and she cares how I feel and we can talk about anything and niether one of us gets upset.. We seem to really click..And, I am happier then I have been in along time..And the pain that I wants thought would never go away has left.And to think that if I had of killed myself I wouldn't have met the love of my life...Thanks to all for all the good advice as well as the bad..atleast you took the time to answer a person in need....
 truelove68

How can you tell a person you love them.when you arescared of rejection...
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:42:00 PM
I met this woman on POF and we have been talking for about a month. I have developed very stong feelings for her and want to be with her....I would do anything for this woman.she has really captured my heart...I want to be with her so bad..I don't care about the sex or anything like that.That will all come in time..But, I love her heart she is so full of passion..And, even if she couldn't physically do anything I wouldn't care she is just so special in my heart..How do I tell her how I feel and that I love her without scaring her away?? I can't stop thinking of her or dreaming about her...I want to hold her so bad..Does anyone got any advice for me...We haven't known each other that long....
 truelove68
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2006 12:51:25 AM
MOGRL: I hate to hear anyone say the things you have said...Not letting your heart out there so someone can break it is a awful thing to have to live with...For if we all closed ourselves up afraid to love again then we would be in one awful mess in this world...Love even though sometimes it does seem to tear us apart is the most beautiful thing in the world...Before I met my wife I was with several girls just for sex and yes they felt good to lay with but, when I fell in love with the woman that became my wife when we made love (with Love envolved) there is nothing that could compare to how it felt. Love does something in your heart that can change the very way you look at a person...You can't give up because of something that someone that don't appreciate you does to you...You are to good of a person to let what one person does control the rest of your life....Think about it....Smile live life and learn to trust and love again because there is someone out there that will return it...I Promise you that.....
 truelove68
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2005 12:23:11 AM
I know that when my left me I was devastated and didn't want to face this world without her...I didn't see what she done was wrong all I could seem to see was my life without her in it would be miserable and I didn't want that.. I thought constantly of everything we had done together even the smell of her perfum on our pillows where she slept.. I caught myself several times reaching over and just smelling her pillow so I could just have a scent of her...Every song that played on the radio and every movie on TV reminded me of her...It didn't matter what anyone said I always tried to make a excuse for her and find some reason for what she did....I finally one day decided I didn't want to feel this horrible pain and I took 20,000 mg of pain killers and took off walking because I didn't want my kids to come home from school and find me...I just really felt I couldn't deal with it anymore and I couldn't picture my life with anyone except my wife and the thoughts of everything we had shared together was running thru my head and it seemed that i couldn't get it to stop..I was in serious hurt from the time I got up until I cried myself to sleep at night...I was found by some people on the side of a country road uncontious and almost dead. The police came and called a ambulance they was able to revive me in the hospital and then is when the real pain began... I had to face my 2 daughters and try and explain why there daddy (who they loved nomatter what thier momma was doing) tried to kill hisself..My daughter walked in to the hospital emergency room and saw the IV's and all the other junk that they had me hooked to and started crying and asked me why?? It was the hardest thing in the world to look into my daughters eyes and explain this all to her...She just reached out her little arms and hugged me and told me that if i had killed myself she wouldn't have a daddy and she loved me very much. It broke my heart to say the least and I done everything I could to make her happy again.But that is a nightmare that I have to live with that I don't like......
 truelove68
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2005 12:03:09 AM
I know what you guys on this thread are feeling... I loved the same woman for 15 yrs and she split after making love the night before..She told me just the night before she left that she was glad we had each other then she split and what was worse yet I found out a week later it was with my brother and that hurt me real bad and the first thing that I felt was to kill myself and show her...But, then I thought that if she could do this and not have her heart bother her over it then she wouldn't care if I killed myself or not. And, besides we have 2 children that I had to think of...She had me believeing that I was so very ugly and no other woman would have me...But, I proved her wrong. There has been several beautiful woman contacted me since I have been on POF... I found out that there is women that would love to have a man that would love and respect them for who they are not what they have in there pants...I loved my wife and never cheated on her and was 100% faithful for 15yrs and now it is time to move on and enjoy my life with someone that will love me back...Since she left my brother has cheated on her several times and has already left her.. she is paying for what she thought was a sure thing and she lost everything. I am sorry for her and hate she had to go thru this kind of hurt..But, cheating never pays.......
 truelove68
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2005 4:05:13 PM
Come on guys sometimes the only way to get past a heart break is to talk about it and get advice from others that have already gone through what you are going through now... Tell it like it is....
 truelove68
Msg: 8 (view)

My wife left me for my brother after 15 years of marriage.
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:56:42 AM
Anyone else notice that this guy has totally changed his profile? Even age, profession, etc...

In reply to what you said Snow Ninja: I was logged in under a friend of mines name without knowing it when I left this thread....
 truelove68
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2005 6:41:56 PM
Very sensitive.... Jerk......
 truelove68
Msg: 7 (view)

My wife left me for my brother after 15 years of marriage.
Posted: 12/28/2005 2:50:55 PM
UPDATE!!!!!!

My Brother has dumped her and now she has noone...I am sorry for her but, I won't be with her either..He started bringing other women over after she moved in with him....I tried to tell her but, she wouldn't listen and now she see's. She has even told my daughters that I was right about him...It's to bad she wouldn't listen to me from the beginning...Now she has lost us both and she is feeling what I was feeling...I guess the old saying is true: What goes around comes around.......
 truelove68
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2005 2:44:25 PM
daedalchap:

That is right...Tell them like it is...I am sick of people that don't have a heart...You don't need to be on a dating service if you have no compassion for others...Nobody wants someone that don't know how to show love and compassion.... I applaud You daedalchap.
 truelove68
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2005 2:38:16 PM
Thiago147369:

Where is your PHD?????
 truelove68
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2005 9:59:35 AM
Everybody's feelings are different..Isn't that what makes us unique..If everyone felt the same way on everything this would be a very boring world to live in...I believe that not 2 people see things the same. So, what you may think is stupid to you it may be very important to another...and vice versa....everybody's feelings are different and they deal with things differently...And sometimes it is suicide and sometimes it's not...Dealing with the heart and the emotions of the heart has never been understood and i don't think it ever will because we are so different from one another...(Food for thought)......
 truelove68
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2005 7:20:12 AM
I was married to what i thought was the most wonderful woman in the world for 15yrs. And one day I got up to get my 2 girls up for school and i found a letter from my wife that said she wasn't coming home after work that she didn't love me anymore. I was devastated and didn't understand why. We had madelove just the night before and she had said she loved me and was glad that we had each other. We didn't fight and I was 100% faithful to her since the day that i met her. I couldn't picture my life without her. Every song i heard and every movie I saw reminded me of her. My kids went and stayed with thier mother and i felt my whole world had came to a end. She filed for Divorce just 2 days after leaving me and hasn't spoke to me since and i don't know why?? I wanted us to remain friends but she has been nothing but mean in return... Just 1 week after she left my daughter told me she was seeing someone and that tore my heart out but, what was even worse is that it was my very own brother...I live with this everyday but have learned to go on... I have been talking to a wonderful woman in Russia and she makes me feel so good as a person. It just takes time to get past a broken Heart....If it gets to the point that you want to hurt someone or yourself get some help.. (2 wrongs don't make a right)...
 truelove68
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2005 7:05:33 AM
Ellemoonchild (Thank You)...

My grandpa died this way. He and my Grandmother was married for around 60yrs and she died of heart failure one day very unexpected. My grandpa didn't know what to do with his life anymore because his whole life was based around her. He would stay up at night and watch tv until it signed off the air, And he never watched tv before. He wouldn't talk much and never smiled again. He didn't take his own life but, He died exactly 30 days from the day that she died. We talked to the doctor about it and he was on depression medication but nothing helped. The Doctor said that he literally grieved hisself to death, For he lost the very will to live. His love for her was so strong that he just wanted to die to be with her in the after life..
 truelove68

Posted: 12/26/2005 5:43:37 PM
What is your experiences with a broken heart? How did you get passed it? or did you? What happened to cause you so much pain. And, what would you advise others going through it now???
 truelove68
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 12/26/2005 5:30:04 PM
To Daisie:

You seem to be a very cold person with no compassion at all. I would like to tell you that people do die of broken hearts without committins suicide. Heart attacks are linked to some people that was going through a deep depression over a broken heart. And my thoughts are for you to dismiss it so lightly is because you don't know what love really is or you would understand. Some people love so very deep that they honestly don't feel they can make it without that person in there life, nor do they want to. They have set there life to spend it with one person and that is all. Can you fall to much in love with a person ????? Daisie you need to find your heart and show alittle more compassion.
 truelove68
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2005 8:47:30 PM
Decainaru: I do understand what you are saying but. there is people out there that is calling out for help and will do it without a second thought and i wouldn't want to be the one that put the knife,or pills in there hands and told them to go ahead. I know that there is people out there that just wants pitty and wouldn't do anything but, like i said there is some that is really depressed and just don't know how to deal with the feelings that they are having. And, until you have a masters degree in phycology i wouldn't advice anyone to do what you did to the guy you was with. And, if you ask me he is better off being away from you. Your nuts....
 truelove68
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/10/2005 8:26:48 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your brother i know it must be real hard on you right now and if there was anything i could do to heal your pain i would. I feel so hopeless at times and yes the thought does cross my mind to end it but, i keep living for both of my daughters and i consider it as her loss not mine. The first time she left me i tried to do it and took 20,000mg of pills and was put in the hospital and had too look into my daughters eyes and explain why i tried to do it. She just gave me a huge hug and cried in my arms and told me she loved me and she always would. I cried with her and felt so ashamed of what i had done and for tearing her little heart out. I know a guy who is talking suicide and i don't know what to tell him except what i went thru. I am asking this forum for advice so i can get some tips to maybe help him in someway. And, there might be somebody else reading this forum that needs help to get passed what they are thinking of doing. But, i will keep your family in my prayers over the loss of your brother. My advice is foranyone that is thinking of doing thereself in is to surround yourself with friends and people that love you and don't spend to much time alone because that allows you to sit and think of things that will depress you even more...
 truelove68

Posted: 12/10/2005 1:09:05 PM
I am wanting everyones views on suicide over a broken heart. Your thoughts matter. Give your own advice about this subject....

Show ALL Forums