Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Flirt Your Way to Success?
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 1 (view)

Flirt Your Way to Success?
Posted: 10/19/2009 7:12:42 PM
'Lo Forum Peoples,

Yeah. The Dating Pundits always seem to say flirting works. I enjoy it but I personally haven't noticed that much of a difference in my connecting with interested parties.

I'd have to say a lot of times when I'm approached I'm actually focused on something else like catching a bus, going shopping, or walking down the street minding my own business and making no eye contact with no one in particular. I have no problem stepping to a guy I find attractive and telling him I hope he knows he's gorgeous. I say what I have to say, smile, and leave it at that so he knows I'm not about to attack him or anything.

Thoughts?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Peace,

C-
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 23 (view)

How Many Dominate Females are there?
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:19:45 PM
I am a loving and peaceful person outside the bedroom and a Dominant in the bedroom. I prefer control and having it. I like men but I will not tolerate disrespect. To me, a man who's in touch with his vulnerability is a huge turn-on! I'm not into abuse for abuse's sake, since I know how that story goes from having encountered some inconsiderate Dominants myself.
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 37 (view)

What ALL Men Want...
Posted: 7/20/2009 5:29:39 PM
Thank you for this post. This is the super-condensed version. I'm writing this on my forehead. K-I-S-S.
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 9 (view)

Does anyone feel like this?
Posted: 7/20/2009 5:20:22 PM
I'd have to say that with online dating everything is intensified. I'm one of those people who vote for being as truthful as you're comfortable with being. Yes, having a recent picture is critical. Don't give up. The ADD folks will weed themselves out just as the webcam crew, friends with benefits, and the bootycalls. There ARE some wonderful, for-real people you can meet face to face, talk on the phone with, or email. It IS a lot like playing the lottery. You have to play in order to win. Good luck RLim89! You can do it!

Peace,
C-
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 32 (view)

IS BEING OPEN FROM THE START WRONG AND WHY?
Posted: 7/18/2009 8:19:55 AM
Gone Sailing said:

^^ I think it's entirely appropriate to say you "temper" your enthusiasm with being open by NOT flooding the individual with too much personal "truths" also.

Like anything else in life there's a fine line between too much and too little and any time one goes to an extreme or an excess - I side on behalf of temperence and the position of median - - being in the middle...at just right.^^

Big Luv in Boston said:
I agree with Gone Sailing. I've been playing with my profile adding some things taking away others and seeing what kind of impact it has on the replies. I consider myself a straight shooter. I am a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get person. Sometimes, there are aspects of me that aren't as successfully declared in public as I'd like them to be. I prefer honesty because that quickly weeds out those who can't deal with it because they know I'd demand the same from them. Don't all the Christians say Do unto others as...?
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 408 (view)

WHY ARE WOMEN OVER 30 A FAILURE WHEN THEY ARE SINGLE AND CHILDLESS?
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:08:34 PM
I have never fed into this nonsense although extended family members constantly bring it up when they haven't seen me in a while. Now that my brother has made my parents grandparents I'm off the hook. There's this mentality out there that a woman should breed to ensure the family group's immortality. I'm more concerned with having the resources, partner, and the will to be a good parent. Since none of those things materialized, I am quite happy that I have not had any children. My life is my own to do with what I will. If that is considered selfish, then call me the female Grinch!
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 44 (view)

is it weird to ask someone to meet up after a couple of emails?
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:50:26 PM
It depends on how you want to handle it. I've been on POF since December and I talk to a fair amount of guys, so far, only five of them have stuck with my weeding out process and spoken to me by phone or met me in person. Keep in mind, that I'm fairly selective. I like using email to determine if I want to have further contact with a person. I observe a great deal just from how someone talks to me. I respond to intelligent, open-minded, out of the box thinkers. I met my first guy after only three emails and I'm still friends with him even though he found someone else local to RI to be with. I'm not into the long distance dating although my online friends can live anywhere.

Show ALL Forums