Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is she too young for me?
 coolmusicg
Msg: 20 (view)

Is she too young for me?
Posted: 8/14/2009 9:51:38 AM
Enjoying the company of a youthful young lady is an indication of having issues?
Maybe people like Landra who can't live and let live when an older person dates/marries a younger person are really the one with issues.

But more importantly, I think that man or woman should be able to just prefer younger mates than them without all the Sigmund Freud wannabes picking their lives apart.

Notice that the acerbic posts on this subject are coming from "older" women.
 coolmusicg
Msg: 14 (view)

Is she too young for me?
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:04:29 PM
More wishful, catty thinking. You assume this member is stupid and will be manipulated.
So, only ~22year-olds would use him, but never, let's say, 52 year-old women from Virginia.
You ladies just can't wish him well, can you?
 coolmusicg
Msg: 13 (view)

Is she too young for me?
Posted: 8/13/2009 2:52:10 PM
Landra asks and says the following, and my answers and remarks are inserted:

I think men who date girls young enough to be their children have some serious ego issues.
-You're entitled to your opinion, but if they both are attracted to each other, then stop the jealousy. Women date young guys all time, too. I see "older" women's profiles on POF all the time saying they seek "younger" aged men. I'll bet you don't hunt them down and message them with your disparaging remarks.

Why would you want to be with a young adult with very little life experience instead of a grown, mature woman your age?
-Grown and/or mature is relative. Here, the "grown" woman is 22 years old. Where is the logic that women 41 years+, around his age, always have good, positive life experiences to offer into a relationship. The word "baggage" come to mind?

Are you insecure and need a youngster to fawn over you?
-Supposedly, her attraction to this man was unsolicited by him. So needing has nothing to do with it. More hidden jealousy in your question.

Do you think a youngster makes you look like a stud?
-In the big picture, probably, yes it does. Men, show hands- how many of you would hate it if dating a much younger woman who came on to you made you look like a stud?

Do you think your friends will slap you on the back and envy you for your supposed sexual prowess?
-Once again, her attraction to him is voluntary. This catty question tries to create this man as some kind of predator.

Do you think you can play "wise, older man" and teacher to make yourself feel more important?
-Yes, to wiser, older man, it goes without saying. And possibly, he could also feel to be a positive person with good advice in her life. But not the selfish or worthless presence that you insinuate.

Do you want a youngster to squeal and gleefully carry on when you do nothing more than act your age?
-This question really digresses to taking more pot shots at this man. Some men like to hear squealing and gleeful carrying on.

Do women closer to your own age intimidate you?
-This is an assumptive question with no foundation and meant to unfairly bait this man.

Are you one of those men who insist they look and act "younger than their years" and need to prove it by hanging out with a girl better suited to date your son?
-By this point, Landra is so worked up, she has lost touch of the fact that this man has given no indication that he seeks only younger women. Her remarks and questions have become petty and nasty.

I'd love to see you hang out with HER friends LOL Wouldn't that be fun? A 41 year old man surrounded by a gang of 20 year olds.
-If her gang of 22 year-old friends enjoyed that, um, yes, please.

And.. what would the wives of your friends think of you?
-What a perfect example of a woman having no understanding of how the simple male mind works. This question is the last thing we would care about. Not even a considerable one, either.

If being with a girl young enough to be your child is some kind of a "gift" you feel you must "accept" then like I said, it would make me wonder what motivates you, because this is all about your fragile ego.
-No mystery involved here and no reason to wonder. If a younger woman expresses a voluntary interest in a man, no questionably fragile ego is involved.

All of these remarks and questions from Landra originate from her desire to create one big guilt trip for this member. She is so distracted with loathing that she ends up calling the 22 year-old woman a child.
I date women of all ages, including those 10-20 years younger than me. I guarantee that 9 out of 10 men who read this member's question are saying stop with the thoughful pause and just go for it and enjoy yourselves, just like any other date.
 coolmusicg
Msg: 31 (view)

Just For Fun - Top 3 What Not To Do On A 1st Date
Posted: 7/16/2009 11:08:17 AM
Most of my first dates are cool, but below are some meorablethings that have happened.

1. Receiving or making a phone call, unless it's a real emergency.

2. Giving off a clingy or dependant vibe about having to consult their family and little network of friends before they do anything in their life. Just keep it to yourself.

3. Too much make-up and/or perfume.
 CoolMusicG
Msg: 7 (view)

What is the difference between games and being a challenge
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:02:47 AM
Absolutely, you're right. Any guy who gives you his number-look at him and say, what's this for? He's a dork to have done that to you, Rude and pompous, too.
 CoolMusicG
Msg: 6 (view)

Question about PICS? -
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:00:01 AM
Could be subliminal, but then it's not as bad as the women who put pics of themselves with other guys on their profile. Dating sites should absolutely ban that. I don't care if it's even your father or brother. NO DUDES.
 CoolMusicG
Msg: 14 (view)

Just curious
Posted: 6/18/2009 11:13:46 AM
"Why would a man block you from sending messages but then continue to look at your profile? The way I view this is if someone blocks you they have no interest (which is ok) then why look at a person's profile after the fact?"

Same mystery as to why women read your message and your profile but won't type a few lines back1
 CoolMusicG
Msg: 131 (view)

Single mother out to prove the world wrong... is that wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2009 11:02:30 AM
Going out to be an adult is healthy. Don't listen to anyone otherwise. You deserve to blow off steam and relax away from home for a few hours. 99.9% of these replies come from people who live on these forums, are bitter and cynical, and are just plain online predators.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 5 (view)

What do women want from an online profile
Posted: 6/10/2009 2:39:02 PM
It's really funny how asking for some help/advice draws name calling and cynics. My example could in no way be perceived that I was bashing Brad Pitt. Legend of the Fall is one of my favorites.
But we digress. Only positive critiques and advice, folks.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2009 2:32:03 PM
Um, James, I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never posted before and I certainly don't speak of she whose name shall not be repeated.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2009 2:29:09 PM
Gee whiz, Soldier-

I never looked at my post question as a whiney self-pity party. But hey, let 'em rip, I can handle it.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2009 2:27:40 PM
Ha! Good one! Thanks for sharing.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2009 2:13:34 PM
I wrote my profile with the attitude that if you are honest and thorough about your likes and dislikes, then you save potentially wasted time and possible heartache in the future.
In the semi-unique status of full-time single dad, I have to think there are many single moms looking for fun accompanied by stability. However, the women's profiles that I read seem to be starving for travel and a wild life, with no explanation as to how that can fit into being a good parent.
Most of the emails I send get read but with usually with no response.
It's as if they're unrealsitically holding out for Brad Pitt to arrive on their doorstep with a big bag of money. I just don't get it.
 CoolMusicDaddgG
Msg: 37 (view)

Handicapped DeadBeat Mothers
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:19:03 PM
How about a new twist: But before I get started, I want to say I am pretty new to this site and I just stumbled onto these stories from single dads like me. I am amazed how many of us are out there. For the first time I don't feel so alone!
So my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999. I had nothing but support for her. I loved her, and MS stinks but hey, I planned to stick by her no matter what.
About a year later, she had her first affair. Basically, I'd say that she lost it when she was diagnosed. Hated herself and her condition, blah blah blah. Although logically you'd THINK a married person diagnosed with a chronic disease of which there is no cure and of which is making you feel worse and worse, that you'd cling to your spouse for all the help in the world-Oh yeah that's what you would THINK. Instead, despite my support, despite the fact we had a son and daughter who were ages 3 and 5 at the time, she took advantage of my compassion and went on a mission of adultery and disrespect for the next 3 years. You're probably thinking, "there must be more to the story." No. I loved her, I took care of her, and I'll tell you MS in the bad cases is pretty ruthless. There was no abuse physical, verbal or otherwise on my part. I was raised to repsect women and my mom and dad are still married ages 80 and 75.
My wife was 29 when she was diagnosed and she went crazy. Crazy enough to throw away our wedding vows but not too crazy to cheat. But you know after admitting to at least 3 affairs, you kinda stop caring so much about the person. Even after counseling, our pastor advised me to get a lawyer, you know it's bad then. There's no excuse for adultery. We divorced in 2003. God blessed me through the time in court and I ended up with the house and the kids. I even get $22 a month from her disability check which of course is nothing but I take it just to remind her of what a scum and a deadbeat she is. In the past 3 years she's continued her loose lifestyle of shacking up with anyone including an old man 20 years her senior, plus her 2nd cousin, who call it divine intervention, but he died 2 months after she moved in with him. Lately, she rarely sees the kids. Her condition varies and but when she's feeling well, she's a party girl with no sense of motherhood. I've moved on and I am doing fine.
I believe that God will bless us if we at least try to do His will, and I do try.
Thanks everyone. Keep the faith.

Show ALL Forums