Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is he interested?
 sundevilsweetheart2012
Msg: 1 (view)

Is he interested?
Posted: 8/30/2014 12:21:58 AM
Thanks in advanced for any advice or insight. I went out with a guy two weeks ago after talking online and texting for a month (he's military and had a 3 week training out of state right after we started talking online, he's also stationed 2 hours away from me). When we finally met, we had a good time, and hit it off. I made the two hour drive because he was last stationed overseas and his car had not yet made it here. Several times during the date he mentioned that he would make the drive to see me the next time. We spent the whole day together, it was originally suppose to just be lunch and bowling, but we ended up hitting off so we had lunch, he took me on a tour of the city he lived in because I had never been there, a tour of the Air Force base because I had never been to one, and then we went bowling. He never seemed to rush the date or seem like he wanted to end it. We ended things later that evening with a hug, but when I brought up hanging out again he said he was on standby at work for the next few weekends. I didn't get home until late that night, so I texted to let him know I made it home, thanked him for a great day, and said I'd love to hang out again. He didn't respond until the next morning and just said "I had fun too." He never acknowledged hanging out again. That was all I heard from him. (We used to text, and send pictures on snapchat (appropriate pictures) throughout the day from 8am-10pm. I didn't hear anything more from him until a few days later when he randomly started to texting about a stressful situation at his job. We sent about five messages back and forth then the messages stopped abruptly. The next morning I texted him, just saying I that I hope the day was less stressful than the previous one, but he didn't respond for a few days. I pretty much wrote him off as not interested, and maybe trying to be nice, and not hurt my feelings. I stopped initiating any contact with him, both on text and snapchat and began communicating with other men. Two days later he sends me two pictures on snapchat. I responded with a picture/message but and he didn't respond until three days later. This same routine has continued. If he doesn't respond to a message, I don't initiate further contact, because how I see it, if he were interested in me he would show it. He always goes three days max of no contact after I respond to a message or picture he has sent and then out of nowhere he'll send a random picture or one or two messages but not respond to my response. I'm confused because as soon as I write him off as not interested he makes contact again. I do talk to other guys because I don't want to put all of my eggs in one basket only to be disappointed if there is no connection, but at the same time I did feel a connection with this guy, so I don't know how to move forward. Most of my messages leave the ball in his court, so he doesn't feel like he has respond to anything, and if he weren't interested, he could ignore my text messages completely and stop responding, but he always comes back. He couldn't make the two hour drive because he was just borrowing a friend's car that had no air condition, and was really old with over 1ook miles on it, but again he randomly texted me three days ago to let me know that his truck was finally in the US, which confuses me even further, because if he wasn't interested in pursuing things further, why would even he tell me, then as usual when I ask when he gets to pick it up (it was shipped to another state) he doesn't respond. That all happened three days ago, then tonight he sent me a picture, and a message about still being at work after a 14 hour day......Any ideas of why he wouldn't show interest, but not just stop talking to me completely? What would you do if you were in this situation?
 sundevilsweetheart2012
Msg: 22 (view)

Why join POF? Why leave POF? Last straw?
Posted: 1/13/2013 1:34:42 PM
I have to agree with the person that said that you just need to find the dating site that works for you. I have tried a few of them all with completely different results. I've been lucky to say that I have met men from all of the sites and have not had any horror stories, but when it comes to getting messages, it's easy to get frustrated. Luckily POF has been a pretty decent experience, but I find that I have issues on another free site, that bring to the point of wanting to just shut down my profile. I honestly just keep in mind that it's a free site and anyone can sign up to play around on there. I try not to think too much about it and remember that there are still good men out there, it just takes a lot of weeding out the ones who don't have good intentions, and occasionally taking breaks from online dating.
 littleone12484
Msg: 212 (view)

Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 10/9/2010 2:24:29 AM
I agree, eharmony is horrible. I'm currently on it until my subscription ends next month and I'll never waste another penny to that site. For as much money as they make you'd think they could filter out the non subscribers. Like another person said, they're good at first and send you a ton of matches, and everything seems great but then that stops, and you'll go days at time with no matches, and in my case after 3 or 4 days with no matches, I'll finally get maybe 5 matches, and out of the 5 only one will have picture, and their profiles are not complete which leads you to believe that they're just non subscribers. As for their free communication weekends, those are a joke, and not worth trying if you don't plan on paying, because you're only able to go through the first few steps of guided communication, but once you get to the last step where you can email, you have to pay, so the paying members get screwed if they like who they're talking to but it just ends because free communication members can't really communicate with you.

I'd say, stay far away from eharmony. I use POF and match, and I love match, at least they show when a person last logged in, and don't send you non subscribing members as matches, all the while pocketing your money.
 littleone12484

just teenagers playing around?
Posted: 2/25/2010 12:11:37 AM
I probably don't have to ask but was just looking for some advice. About a week ago, I get a message from guy claiming to be the friend of the guy who had a profile (if that makes any sense) He claimed to really like my profile,so he left his number and wanted me to text him, so he could text me some pictures. Naturally I just didn't respond, thinking that it was just someone playing around, then two days later, I get another message from the same profile, but again, this guy's "friend" who tells me that he sent me a message a few days ago, and that I really should text him, so he can send me his pictures, this time annoyed by it, I reply telling him that because of a previous bad experience with the site, I don't call or give my number to people I haven't gotten to know on here. He responds with, just block your number and call me. At this point, I just leave well enough alone and delete the message, then the next day I get another message, this time from the owner of the profile who tells me that his friend has been messaging people from his account, and then he claims to really like my profile, and leaves his number, telling me to call or text him. I just blocked him, but for the sake of knowing other's reactions, do you think this just teenagers play around on here simply because it's a free site? Obviously it's not very hard to create a profile, so if the guy was really interested in getting to know me, and he knew I had a bad experience before, why not create a profile, and get to know me from there??? Do people really think someone will respond to a message like that? lol, the last thing I need is a daily picture of some random guys "goods" and strangely that's the first thing that came to mind when he was so persistant about texting him so he could send me pictures. Would you even believe the real owner who suddenly showed interest once I didn't respond to the "friend"?
 littleone12484
Msg: 16 (view)

being used....
Posted: 1/23/2010 12:08:31 AM
Having just recently cut off all communication with a guy that used me for other things, and attempted to use me for sex, I've learned that first and foremore if you're instincts tell you he's using he, he probably is. Secondly just think back to everything he's told you, if it's anything like my case, in hindsight, 90% of the things we talked about pointed to the fact that he was just using me, but I was blinded by my attraction to him, and made excuses for him.
 littleone12484
Msg: 81 (view)

what was the final straw that made you not want to be with that person , small or large
Posted: 1/17/2010 2:05:02 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say it was silly, though super horrible like him abusing me, but just a lack of *real* communication. He was a texter, though it was cute at first, I noticed started to notice that was his only form of communication with me, we never talked on the phone, as the relationship developed it became an issue, and one day we had an argument via text message, and it was something that I felt needed to be talked about at least over the phone and he told me that he would text, but not talk on the phone about it. From there I knew it just wasn't going to work out.
 littleone12484
Msg: 8 (view)

Can't handle a relationship...advice needed
Posted: 12/14/2009 11:18:11 PM
no worries, lol I did write quite a novel, can't expect you to read every part, I can forgive you!
 littleone12484
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2009 9:22:45 PM
I understand the double standard you're referring to Parry10, however I made it quite clear in my post, once he stated that and things changed I stopped contacting him, so I took the hint, and definately didn't do anything close to stalking, he came back to me, which is why I questioned it, thanks for your input though :)
 littleone12484
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2009 6:23:37 PM
I respect your opinion and I understand what you're saying, sometimes you have to take a step back and look into the whole situation, and yes I admit, in the end I did contradict myself a lot. At the end of the day, I had good intentions, and didn't realize my fault in the situation, but no matter where he stands whether he's not into me, or he feels bad....whatever, it is what it is, and it was good while it lasted, and maybe he'll come around when he's ready, maybe he won't, but at the end of the day I have to live life for me, and he has to live life for him. Thanks for all of the advice.
 littleone12484
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/14/2009 5:34:04 PM
Sorry for the contradiction, I wasn't trying to mess with his head, I'm just confused as to what to do, I know he is busy and I understand that, and respect his wishes if he can't handle a relationship, I'm just confused as far as what I should do, when our texts went from fun, to just straight to the point, it made me feel as he was giving me the brush off, so I stopped initating contact with him, I don't exactly see it as messing with his head, I wasn't expecting any messages from him at all, I figured it only made it easier for him if he wanted to just end contact, that way he wasn't put in a position of having a girl still texting him, even though he was done. I just wonder if girls who have been in this situation have had a guy come back and want to be in a relationship or if they just ended up moving on, and guys who've been in a position of genuinely not being able to handle a relationship have come back, because in my case I feel like there are a lot of grey areas.
 littleone12484

Posted: 12/14/2009 5:00:42 PM
So I dated this guy for close to three months, things were going great, except that he's a store manager so right now he's crazy busy with the holidays, and he's in school as well, and it's finals time, so we haven't been able to see much of each other, which I was good about, and understanding. One night I knew he was studying so I texted him a few times, and he texted back, but I didn't want to distract him because so I told him "well I don't want to bug you, I know you have a ton of studying to do, so I just wanted to say hi" he flipped out and got mad about it, so I apologized and tried to call him, to see why he was so angry, he didn't answer but texted back and said he would text me, but he didn't want to talk. Then out of nowhere tells me that "we can be good friends, but he doesn't think he can handle a relationship right now" I basically told him that I felt like I got blindsided, and felt like an idiot for trying to be considerate of his situation with finals, I've heard all the horror stories about people not being able to be friends after a relationship, so I asked him "you say we can be good friends, but in reality how often does that happen?" he just responded with "why wouldn't it?," so I told him fine, and that I would need my time to get over this, and not to be suprised if I took a few days to myself and had no contact with him, and he said "it's not you I just can't handle a relationship for where I'm at in my life, I have way too many other things I need to invest my time in"

I guess I'm confused because I've read around on the forums, and in most situations like this everyone says that people use that as an excuse and just aren't that into you, or they have someone new, hardly any positive. Him not wanting to talk about it has left me in a crappy position because I don't know if he's going to be ready for a relationship anytime soon, if he's okay with me seeing other guys, because I don't plan to just sit around and wait forever. Second after that conversation the whole attitude of our texts completely changed, it was fun, and flirty and we could joke around before, then it became just me initiating the texts and when he replied they would just be one word answers, and I got the impression he didn't want to text or really have anything to do with me anymore and he still wouldn't call and hasn't called me to this day. He says nothing will change and we will still hang out, but we haven't hung out at all. Basically I got tired of feeling like he had no interest in me, so I stopped initiating texting him thinking that's what he wanted. Well then he texts me saying hi and asking what I was up to, and two times now I've told him I'm not doing anything and I'm bored, and he's at home playing video games, but he doesn't ask if I want to hang out. I blatently asked when we were going to see each other again and he said "IDK soon hopefully" and nothing else was said about it.

So my question is, do you guys think he's still interested, since he's still texting me, despite the fact that stopped, and now that he's doing the initiating he's coming around with the playful texts, last night he told me that I should stay awake awhile so he could text me in between studying, and it seemed more fun, but still I don't what to do, Ideally, I'd love to be in a relationship with him, he's been a great guy, I don't want to hurt his feelings if I go out and see other guys, but at the same time I don't want to wait around for months on end for him to decide he's ready for a relationship, he's busy and I understand, and I respect that, but it's such a confusing situation now. And he won't even bring the whole issue up.....

Any advice????
 littleone12484

cures to thinking too much into things
Posted: 12/9/2009 10:08:52 PM
Hi all, sorry if this should have been posted in a different area, I wasn't sure, but anyways I've realized that when it comes to dating and relationships, I tend to read too much into things. My guy can say something and it's like my mind spins having to analyze every aspect, and worry myself sick....then when I talk to him, things are great and I realize that I blew things completely out of proportion. I have never vocalized my feelings or vented to him when I start thinking too much, because I don't want to offend him or turn what's honestly a very good relationship into one filled with constant worry and distrust. I guess my question is to those who have found themselves in a situation where they have read way too much into something, how did you get over it, and would you describe yourself as an insecure person, or distrusting, if so how did you get over your insecurities?

A little information on me, he's my first real boyfriend, and I don't have a trust issues with him, I know that he's only with me and that he has good intentions, so I don't second guess that he's ever with other girls, but growing up I was very overweight, and went through all of high school never having a boyfriend, and after being rejected by a guy I liked in jr. high, because of my weight I became too ashamed of myself to ever let a guy know I liked them, which in turn made me a very insecure person. When I start to overanalyze things it's when I don't hear back from him for awhile, I know in my heart that's probably busy but my mind will race, thinking he's mad at me for something, or he just randomly decided that he didn't want to talk to me anymore, and instead of telling me, he's just going to stop calling and texting completely.....and then he'll call or we'll go out, and things are back to normal, and I feel stupid for thinking the things I thought.
 littleone12484
Msg: 17 (view)

only with me for sex?????
Posted: 11/28/2009 6:31:39 PM
xerothermic, lol thanks! You made a good point and one that I've wondered about with him, why he wasn't patient enough to talk face to face, but it is what it is and either way, it says a lot that he can talk about anything else other than this situation, and I'm not going to chase him to figure out what he wants to do, if he can't communicate with me at this point, it serves as a good example of how he wouldve reacted in future situations, and I would never want to be in a situation where I'm stuck to sit back and wait around. If I've learned anything, it's "don't chase them, replace them" and from here on out I will definately be sticking to guys my age or older.
 littleone12484
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2009 5:37:05 PM
Packagedeal, the more I think about it and look back into the whole conversation, leads me to believe he just wanted to get in my pants, it was a text message conversation which is the first problem, he asked how far I had gone with another guy, and I told him, it was a conversation we should have face to face, and he kept going on about wanting to know, and that "it was better to be upfront" I ended up telling him, and he was good about it at first" and said "there's just a lot of weird things about dating a virgin" when asked why it was weird he never responded, and then said he didn't know if he was up for it or not. It's been a few days and we talked for a little bit but the whole issue was never brought up, though I do intend on telling him we need to talk about it face to face and if that doesn't happen then I know it's over. As far as how long I am attracted to him, and could see things becoming physical, however even though it's been a month, in all actuality we haven't spent much time together. He works in retail as a store manager, as well as goes to school full time, I also go to school and work full time. Being in retail his schedule is all over the place. We manage to at least talk several times throughout the day, but we only see each other on the weekends, so in that case I think its too early, but give it a month or two so I can get to know him, fully feel comfortable with him, and know his intentions, and then we can talk about sex.
 littleone12484

Posted: 11/27/2009 12:19:45 AM
It's funny as I sit here and reply, I can't help but think back to certain things that he said when we first met, just little comments about how he was bored in bed, but didn't have anyone to lay in bed with, and on a wednesday maybe a week or so after we met, he texted me saying "happy hump day, but it's not the same, I don't have anyone to hump" I was a little weirded and wondered even then if he just wanted sex, but I ignored it, because I was infatuated with him.

I also wasn't planning to tell him, until things got to be serious, and then he started asking me, about "how far I had gone with a guy" I didn't want to talk to him about that through a text, I wanted to talk to him to his face about it, but he kept insisting...it's so funny how infatuation can make you so blind to someone's intentions.
 littleone12484
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2009 11:23:35 PM
How am I leading him on, obviously I am/was with him, and would love to continue seeing him, and in all honesty I could see it getting serious one day, so I definately wouldn't be out to meet other people. I never thought about how he was taking what I said, he asked what I was doing for the night, and I answered. I was trying to say that I wondered if him not being thrilled that I was going out was due to the fact that he thought maybe I would meet someone. Again though, at the end of the day it is what it is, some relationships work, and some don't think could be a classic case of one that doesn't. I was just confused as to why there were these "weird" things that go with dating a virgin. In my eyes a guy should be happy eith guess I'm waiting a week, you only live onceer way, especially knowing that it would happen at some point when I was ready. Like I said before though, I'd never just put out to keep a guy in my life, but it makes me wonder if this is going to be the norm everytime I date guy??

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I know its the holiday, but either way I, and life is too short to wait for a guy to decide if he wants to be with me or not.
 littleone12484
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/26/2009 8:20:52 PM
Thank you Texas and everyone else that left helpful advice, in all honesty it is my first relationship, I spent my high school and most of my college years very overweight, and lacking in confidence and self esteem, I didn't like myself so how could a guy like me???? Being tired of that I finally made a change, and now I'm finally happy with myself and getting noticed by men, but as far as relationships go, this is my first real relationship, which is why I'm so confused. I didn't want the post to be too long but the night the conversation took place the only thing that was really said was that he wasn't disappointed, and he joked about how he wouldn't just stop talking to me and disappear, but that there was a lot of weird things that came with dating a virgin, and that he didn't know if he was up for it or not.

Based on what everyone says, the ball is in his court, I'm going to wait a week, and I'm not going to initiate conversation with him, if he wants to talk to me more than the small talk than he will, if he doesn't want to then he won't and then I will let him know that I'm not going to sit around and wait forever for him to figure out what he wants to do. Bottom line I'm not going to ignore or change my values for a guy.
 littleone12484

Posted: 11/26/2009 6:40:42 PM
Hey all I've been dating a guy for a month now, and things have been great up until now, the problem is, I'm a virgin, and he's not and he claims that theres a lot of weird things that come with dating a virgin, and he doesn't know if he's up for it or not. That's what he told me on tuesday, now it's thurday and we still talk, but it's not like it used to be, I'm getting a weird vibe from him, we just talk about the basics, how our day was, work related stuff, whereas before we used to always joke around with each other, and have just fun conversations...he still talks to me daily, mainly small talk, but he won't be upfront about whether he wants to continue dating or see other people... One thing that struck me though was that I told him that I was going to a party, and he acted upset, that would be going somewhere, where I could potentially meet someone, So now I'm stuck, and don't know what to do.

He never explained the *weird* things that go along with dating a virgin, and on my end, my being a virgin has nothing to do with waiting for marriage, or anything like that, honestly he's the first guy I've really been with, and I'm just not ready for that, I'm not willing to just have sex with just anyone, it has to be someone that I love and am serious with...

How long should I sit around and wait for him to decide if he's up for it or not?
What would you guys do? Also if this helps we have a bit of a gap in age, him being 20, me being 24. Could it be that he's just immature and not entirely serious, just looking for a physical relationship?
 littleone12484
Msg: 45 (view)

The fear of military men?
Posted: 7/5/2009 12:25:37 AM
I have different feelings on this, I would date a man in the military in a second, not because of the "man in uniform thing" because I don't believe in that, but because I think enlisting and serving our country is a very brave and honorable decision to make, and something about a guy like that, would make me feel very protected, and proud of my man. However my concern would be how I would do with deployments. I know I wouldn't cheat, because that is the ultimate form of disrespect in my eyes, but I don't know how I would be able to handle knowing that he's going away to war for months at a time, and there's a chance that he might not come back. But then again I've never been in a relationship with someone in the military, so for all I know, I could be strong enough to handle it. But at the end of the day, the fact that they were in the military wouldn't turn me off.
 littleone12484
Msg: 26 (view)

maybe he didnt look like he does in his pic?
Posted: 7/5/2009 12:10:35 AM
He could be a clingy guy, I've run into quite a few of those myself, but another thing to look into is the fact that this website is free, and it's probably very easy and entertaining for people that have nothing better to do with their time than to come on here, and lead people into thinking they're serious, when they're really not. I remember going to college with a guy that got fooled online by a girl, that proposed him and claimed she was a street racer and made $25,000 a night, and when it came time to meet him, she had every excuse for why they couldn't meet. She lived in another state, and strangely she broke her arm before the day before she flew out, and then her mom passed away. This guy fell for it, and bought a plane ticket to Florida, only to get played, so it's sad to say but you can't always trust who you meet on a site like this. You really never know.
 littleone12484
Msg: 1151 (view)

If someone emails you with misspelled words and bad grammar, do you respond?
Posted: 7/4/2009 11:57:57 PM
It all depends if they seem to be accidental typos, I'm okay, but if the entire message is written in slang, or mixing both capital and lower case letters, I will read it and delete it. First impressions make or break you, and emails like that, give me the impression that a guy may not be as mature as a guy I'd look to date. I think most of us are old enough/mature enough to use proper grammar, especially when we're contacting someone we're interested in dating.
 littleone12484
Msg: 9 (view)

does he deserve a second chance
Posted: 4/5/2009 1:13:53 PM
I understand what you're saying now, and I have contacted him, and at least expressed intrest in continuing to get to know him, and if he responds after everything that went down, I will bring up potentially meeting again. If he doesn't respond, then there's more fish in the sea :)
 littleone12484

Posted: 4/5/2009 12:44:17 PM

Sorry, but if some woman stood me up, I don't think I'd be going out of my way to ask her out again.
Yes, we know all the excuses, but at the end of the day, you didn't show up for a date.
I said it once and I'll say it again, lose the BS pride.
If you really like this guy, show some initiative on your part and and YOU ask him out.

First and foremost the fact that I was in a parking lot, in the general area trying to call him clearly shows, I had no intentions of standing him up. Secondly in my defense, I gave him my number, and went back to my sent messages to confirm that I had given it to him, so after a 15 minutes when I wasn't there, why not call me to see if I'm on my way????

Maybe it's different for guys, but the reality is, this is online dating, and no matter how much you talk, you really don't know who the other person is until you meet in person, and I feel like any girl that was going out to meet someone she met online for the very first time, would have her guard up, if all of a sudden, she gets the wrong number while she's on her way to the "date"

I'm not claiming I'm not at fault, I'm just as much at fault, I should have called the night before or the morning of to confirm things, and then I would have figured it out, that I had the wrong number, which would have eliminated the confusion all together.
 littleone12484
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2009 9:51:36 AM
Thank you all for the input! I can see everyone'se point of view on the issue, at the end of the day it was miscommunication, and in my eyes 7897 instead of 7987 is a pretty forgiveable mistake. I reacted the way I did because he was the first guy I would have met on a dating site, so I was already nervous, on top of that I had been driving around for a half hour trying to find the place, so when I got the wrong voicemail, the first thing that went through my mind was that he wasn't who he said he was. But I figure like a lot of you say it could be a case of he's just not that into me, so I emailed him, and let him know it was miscommunication, and I'd love to continue getting to know him, and meet up one day, but I'm going to let him take, the lead, and if he's into me, he'll ask me out and if not then it's time to move on :)
 littleone12484

Posted: 4/4/2009 11:24:18 PM
I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible, I don't know how successful I'll be with that though, so bear with me. I met a guy on here about a month ago, he sent me a message, and I responded, it was as if we instantly clicked, we were close in age, into a lot of the same things, and most importantly being new to the state we were both looking to make friends outside of work. we started emailing each other daily, and IMing each other. I finally gave him my number once I felt like he could be trusted, and then asked if he wanted to hang out. He couldn't hang out that weekend, because he was meeting someone else he met on the site. He told me he hoped it didn't turn me off and that he had good intentions, he just wanted to meet new people. I didn't mind, at all. Well all of this week we talked about being excited to meet up and go bowling and even joked around about who was going to win. Well today gets here, and I attempt to go to the bowling alley, but end up getting lost, so I pull into a parking lot and call him, only to get the voicemail of some other guy. So I immediately go home. I get online to see if maybe I made a mistake and saved the wrong number, which I didn't. But within a minute he IM's me telling me the MSU won......he didn't question that I didn't show up, or seem angry, because if he went I'd assume he'd be thinking that I stood him up. On top of that, he didn't bother to call me, and claimed he didn't have my number, which I went back and looked at my sent emails and know I gave him my number......I kind of gave him the cold shoulder because I didn't know if he was playing games or not. Finally we realize he gave me the wrong number, 7987 instead of 7897, which I can understand that being a mistake. But wouldn't a guy be upset that he got stood up, or would you guys just go back to talking to a girl like nothing ever happened, and talk about sports?? When I asked why he wasn't mad or why he didn't bring it up, his response is that he doesn't get mad very easily..... He could have forgot that I gave him my number, and if he really did, shouldn't he have asked for it, when we finalized our plans to meet??

I guess my question is, is any of this typical behaviour of a guy? and secondly after we talked, he told me he was telling the truth, but we all know that online dating has a stigma, so I don't know if this something that I should forgive, and give him a second chance or, move on. As a male, what do you think, and how would you feel if you were in this situation?
 littleone12484
Msg: 25 (view)

Why So Long????
Posted: 1/20/2009 10:19:56 PM
I agree with you completely. Just the other night a guy IM'd me out of the blue. We didn't know anything about each other besides what we did for a living before he asked when he could take me out. I politely told him that I needed to get to know him, before he'd be able to take me out, then he starts begging for my number. Call my old fashion, but when it comes to meeting people online, and potentially dating them, I'd like to know about them, and be comfortable with them, before jumping into dating only to find out he's too pushy or wants to move a lot faster than I do.

Show ALL Forums