Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whats YOUR home made shake like?
 studplayrico
Msg: 27 (view)

Whats YOUR home made shake like?
Posted: 3/20/2009 2:00:56 PM
Oh man, I like this old school recipee but i know i'm going to raise some eye brows. Here we go:

6 eggs (free pen chicken eggs are the best)
2 scoops of Muscle Milk
8 ounces of heavy cream
one scoop colostrum (kind of expensive though)

This concept was created by Rheo Blair in the 60's and advocated by Vince Gironda to all his champions. (Arnold was trained by him also) The heavy cream will nule the eggs taste.
 studplayrico
Msg: 13 (view)

Stairmaster vs treadmill vs elliptical
Posted: 3/20/2009 1:52:22 PM
Love the elliptical, is very easy on my joints though and i get to burn a lot fat calories. (mornings empty stomach)
 studplayrico
Msg: 30 (view)

Hit the plateau! Now what?
Posted: 3/20/2009 1:49:52 PM
Well, it might be overtraining, although i don't know your diet or the exercise regimen that you are currently following. Maybe a week off the gym will restore your inmune system and get you out of the Plateau. Some persons might required more time off though.
 studplayrico
Msg: 41 (view)

Martial Arts and Relationship Sucess
Posted: 3/20/2009 1:45:10 PM
Well eastdragon, I can see your concept. To be successful in any endeavor wether is a martial art or any other activity, you have to give all you got. That is called COMITMENT and devotion. So, yes there is a relationship between Martial Arts and any relationship that you might pursue. Again, comitment and devotion, those are the key.
 studplayrico
Msg: 28 (view)

Cardio.
Posted: 3/20/2009 1:38:56 PM
Weight lifting would be great if added some cardio, preferably in the mornings on an empty stomach. The consumption of sugars (carbs) would has to be low, so the body will tap into fat deposits for energy. There's also great books on the subject of nutrition. Don't be fooled by the so called new trend of low carb diets since bodybuilders from the fifties were on those kind of diets.
 studplayrico
Msg: 8 (view)

Khan (Boxing) - PPV - Will You Be Watching?
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:34:36 AM
Juanma did it again, what a knock out. This kid is worth to be watch. Hopefully it doesn't get big headed like Wifredo Gomez (greatest 122 Champ). The division is full of Mexican warrior, so the saga continue Mexico vs Puerto Rico.
 studplayrico
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/15/2008 8:39:43 AM
Hatton's problem is that he looses A LOT OF Weight coming down to 140. I'm going to stick now with the 122, 126, 130, and 135 divisions. Awesome fighters there. JuanMa Lopez a raising star from the island of Puerto Rico.
 studplayrico
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/15/2008 8:36:24 AM
Marquez is awesome. This is one of Mexico's greats. I'm not counting out Hatton. Hatton needs, pressure, pressure and more presure and he will walk victorious. If Hatton decides to counter, the fight is going to be over and very boring by Pauli wining on points.
 studplayrico
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 9/11/2008 4:47:58 AM
Didn't he just lost by KO?
 studplayrico
Msg: 11 (view)

Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito.
Posted: 5/12/2008 6:56:52 PM
Gatti over Spadafora on late rounds. Vargas was shot after the terrible beating he took from Trinidad and De la hoya knew that and took the oportunity. If Vargas would wait (mis management) until he would be more stablished the outcome most likely would be different. Mercer in late rounds 8 0r 9. Mike was not a mental stable guy and would lose mentaly before anything else.
 studplayrico
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2008 11:43:45 AM
Witter just lost in England. I just couldn't believe that. I mean the knock down on round 6 and then the American steped on the gas to secure the victory. Torres and Maliniagi next. Lazcano is way past prime. I just don't get Hatton.
 studplayrico
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2008 9:15:02 AM
I'm glad that you know about boxing. Have you noticed that Cotto seems to be comfortable at Welterweight. It seems to me that he was draining himself to make 140, making him being vulnarable. I would like to see Hatton against Torres. That would be fire works. Two great fighters at war.
 studplayrico
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2008 10:52:06 PM
I concur, you can't count out Margarito. If Cotto beats him he should be higher than what he is at at the pound per pound. Margarito is a tuff hombre.
 studplayrico

Posted: 5/4/2008 10:19:20 PM
Mosley is a very cool guy. What an awesome specimen of a fighter. Lighting fast, great KO power, Athletism and heart. It will be very interesting to see him against Judah. Judah is so inconsistent though. Great skills just not consistent and i think mentally not there. Yeah, man 50 Canadian dollars was not worth it for De la Hoya fight. Hey what about the Canadian guy by way of Haiti, Andre Berto? I think he is very technical. Compact punches and puts combinations really well.
 studplayrico
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2008 9:24:03 PM
De la Hoya just dominated it him, but man, I mean this is a guy that
De la Hoya would blow away couple of years ago. Mayweather going the distance again. I met Carbajal couple of years ago since he lives in Phoenix. The fight between Lopez and Carbajal would be Phenomenal just to say the least. Lopez was such a tactitian though, with great power. Love that guy.

Lenox Lewis vs Holmes (prime Holmes) I pick the Easton assasin by unanimous desicion. Lewis is good but ,sometimes he played too safe.
 studplayrico
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2008 8:42:44 PM
If Floyd beats De la Hoya (70% change) and then goes on to beat Cotto (80% chance) I will rank him around the same league as Sugar Ray Leonard or maybe less, due to the Hall of famers Leonard fought. (Duran, Benitez, Hagler, Hearns, and some ather greats) De la hoya forgot to throw Jabs in the first fight.

Mayweather is a guy to be remeber as years to come. the fight against Cotto will happen it just about timing. Mayweather Mosley would be pretty good too.
 studplayrico
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2008 8:14:15 AM
You are right about that my friend I saw both fight against Peter. I love watching him because he's funny. "I'm James Toney and Ain't scared," LOL. I know, some fighters don't get their dues, even when they were great. I remember watching Toney against the Soviet Visiliv Jirov and It an awesome fight for Cruiser Weights. There was a lot of punches thrown in that fight.

Love Ray Robinson and Hagler although i was a kid when he was fighting but my family would let me watch the fight and my uncles would teach me how they box and move. Hagler was very underrated.
 studplayrico

Posted: 4/29/2008 7:27:22 PM
No, Roy still very fast but, his aura of danger is gone. Think about it, he fought a hall of famer that does not belong in the 170 division. (Trinidad) To tell you the truth a prime Jones would blown Felix in around 3 rounds. Most likely would beat Joe too. Once Roy got knocked out twice, specially second knock out which was more of a severe concusion everything since, changed. I'm not jumping on Joe's bandwagon but is now a 50/50 chance for both fighters.

You are right and I said it all along Joe is taylor made for counters but you have to throw punches. Hopkins had the plan but did not EXECUTE. LOL. I've been thinking about fatty James Toney. You see, Toney has a style very similar to Hopkins and trows way more punches even as a Heavyweight but, he likes to eat too much.
 studplayrico
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 11:09:18 AM
I kind of see it the way you see it but, the Mexican is a though " hombre". It looks like 99% of of those fighters are.LOL. Anyway, Floyd skills are just awesome. It will take a plan and a lot agression to beat Floyd. Effective agression that is (Duran, Chavez ect).

By the way crongratulations on Joe Calzaghe. Hopkins had a perfect plan BUT you can not win throwing one punch at the time. Joe's work rate won not his skills. I wonder was next for him (Joe).
 studplayrico
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2008 8:39:49 AM
Bob Arum have decided to put Miguel Cotto against though and dangerous Antonio Margarito. This is the kind of fight that boxing's die hard fans are dying to see. After three weeks of both fighters being victorious in their fight schedule on the same card. They are hopefully getting a spot to try to fight pound per pound king Floyd Mayweather. Margarito is a fighter that is long been avoided because of his stamina, power, commitment to engage into close body fight and decent foot work. In addition, he is a tall man for a Welterweight. Miguel Cotto is a very good fighter with also stamina, above average speed (great improvement on the jab department) very good leg movement, avid boxer/puncher with most likely the best body punisher in boxing. The undefeated Puerto Rican fighter has been improving and has became a complete fighter. Cotto style of fight is like a trow back from the fifties and sixties with his peek a bo style. (making himself small target). This is going to be a great fight and is a pick em fight since, both fighters are in their prime and willing to fight. They are other fights for them like Mosley vs Margarito, Quintana Vs Judah, Cintron vs Cotto, Williams vs Margarito II and even Hatton could be throw in the mix, although Hatton has lost both fights at Welterweight and would be very outclassed against any of these formidable oponents. What are your opinions for this match made in Heaven?
 studplayrico
Msg: 55 (view)

Joe Calzaghe V Mikkel Kessler
Posted: 4/22/2008 2:43:57 PM
LittleOldMe , you are right about the post card. LOL. I'll give you my address.Joe won by work rate, Hopkins style was perfect but not his work rate. Anyway, Jones is SHOT man so Yes Calzaghe can and will beat Jones. I'm more interested in Margarito and Cotto getting on July. It will another Mexico vs Puerto Rico war. Joe won, i believe he still beatable specially when he throws does rallies and open up and squaring in front of his oponent. He has a nice jab and barely threw an upper cut. It would be fantastic if would it throw it since Hopkins went foward with his head down. Two of out of three not bad for the yanks (mayweather beating Hatton and tarver beating Clinton Woods) Hopefully Gayweather fights some strong fighters like Cotto and Margarito and stops Dodging them.
 studplayrico
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2008 5:15:22 PM
I think the descision was questionable. I gave Calzaghe at least a majority descision, and a unanimous was even better. Calzaghe is beatable, but great work rate. I now give him his dues. Hopkins plans were perfect for Calzaghe's style but not his work rate. At the end the best man on that night won. Congratulations once more for the Brits. I'm very sure there will be a parade just like the Puerto Ricans do when Cotto wins.
 studplayrico
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2008 9:58:04 PM
Good fight, Calzaghe deserves that descision but not that close. At the least it was a majority descision. Calzahe proved himself by twrowing punches in bunhes, although not to powerful but clearly won. Congratulations for the Brits.
 studplayrico
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 4/18/2008 12:06:37 PM
Counterpunching is key on this fight. Sure Joe is a volume punching but Hopkins is a great student of the sport and knows the art of defense. Joe's like Trinidad's defense is his offense. Hopkins is the superior boxer so the fight will go the distance. Hopkins by descicion. Not denying Joe's Heart but at the fight we will see that Hopkins fought the better oposition and beat easyly a Tarver who easily beat another UK fighter in Clinton Woods. European style of boxing (Calzaghe's) is not hard to decifrate. Too much going foward and little attention to countering, boxing in circles, head body movement etc. Examples of great defensive fighters, Pernell Whitaker, Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Wilfred "the radar" Benitez, Roberto Duran and some others.
 studplayrico
Msg: 53 (view)

carbs and their impact on fat gain
Posted: 4/16/2008 11:04:26 PM
The amazing thing is that The Atkins diet is NOT new, Vince Gironda was a trainer that used that approach back in the 50's and 60's. In fact, it was Gironda who trained Larry Scott the first Mr. Olympia who also trained and polish Arnold prior his first Olympia win. The low carb, high protein and high fat works! In addition, Dr. Mario Di Pasquale advocates a similar diet called the Anabolic diet.
 studplayrico
Msg: 16 (view)

Saying 'I do'...
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:23:51 PM
At this point of my life, I believe I would be a great mate or husband, BUT my line of work have deterred me of getting the right woman for me. It has been couple of ocasions when i thought she was the one but didn't work out. I really started to believe that i'm going to be living with gift of singleness all my life so right now i have no expectations. I am 31 years old and goodlooking but that doesn't mean anything being A Marine with many deployments.
 studplayrico
Msg: 132 (view)

Are men who have lots of GFs perceived as more attractive?
Posted: 3/25/2008 1:17:38 PM
I think we are perceived as womanisers, players, or casanovas thus limiting our chances of getting to know a great woman without labing us first. It could also be a challenge for them.
 studplayrico
Msg: 70 (view)

Would you still go to nightclubs if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Posted: 3/23/2008 1:53:36 PM
I would go with a girlfriend to Salsa clubs, but I wouldn't go by myself.
 studplayrico
Msg: 19 (view)

how did you know when you were done with a former relationship?
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:50:06 PM
You pick your stuff from the guy or girl and try your hardest not to call. For some odd reason in life you will meet and it won't be the same.
 studplayrico
Msg: 267 (view)

Why don't you age?
Posted: 3/17/2008 11:08:36 AM
Too much green tea. LOL
 studplayrico
Msg: 13 (view)

Is it time to let go?
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:15:11 PM
If 6 months is not long enough then how long?

Six months should be enough time to decide where the relationship is going though.
 studplayrico

Is it time to let go?
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:42:09 PM
It kind of happened to me. I saw this gorgeous girl for about 6 months and when I taught to ask her about our relationship she end up with another guy. Talk about bummer HUH. I treated that woman with respect and I guess nice guys finish last. She never told me the reason why though.
 studplayrico
Msg: 36 (view)

Broken heart ? its all in your head, get over it !
Posted: 3/16/2008 3:04:10 PM
OP, Are you some sort of a Zombie? If not then let me know how to be inmune to emotinal pain or maybe is some good stuf you taking.
 studplayrico

Jealous of Couples?
Posted: 3/16/2008 2:39:27 PM
I have felt like that before after couple of relationships going sour. Anyway, OP let us not be frustrated because our RIGHT ladies will defenately will arrive to our lives and we'll say it was worth it all the pain and disappointments of past.
 studplayrico
Msg: 9 (view)

Lack of eye contact on a first date
Posted: 3/16/2008 2:32:07 PM
I don't keep eye contact unless I know is reciprocated. I am of a little shy nature. I believe eye contact is key though, but not a gaze since it may send the wrong message to her or him. Like I said,it all start with a look and aceptance of both partners, then I believe a simple Hi.
 studplayrico
Msg: 71 (view)

Interracial dating accepted by Blks & Whites only, how come?
Posted: 3/15/2008 12:57:51 PM
annikat
The common denominator in all of your previous relationship was you.If all you ever had were terrible boyfriends then the fault was yours for choosing them, not because they were white.

You couldn't said it any better.
 studplayrico
Msg: 154 (view)

Pretty people get overlooked too you know.
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:36:46 PM
angelic witch

I think i'm cursed for being a good looking (if not better) Latin male. Maybe because the stereo type of Latin men being lovers of every girl we see. LOL.
 studplayrico
Msg: 66 (view)

Interacial dating accepted by Blks & Whts only, how come?
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:09:46 AM
I have no problem dating outside my race. I have dated mostly Caucasian women and think they're great. I have been told to stick to my own race (Latin, Puerto Rican) beautiful people too but, it comes down to personal preference. Besides a woman is a woman and they all want to feeilng special.
 studplayrico
Msg: 38 (view)

Today I made lemonade from lemons
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:40:37 AM
Awesome my man, you are there just keep it up and things will be fine.
 studplayrico
Msg: 4 (view)

FOUND MY GIRL!
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:49:47 PM
That is so awesome!!!!! I' m very happy for you. I want to have that same feeling someday. Can't wait.
 studplayrico
Msg: 149 (view)

Are too many favorites a turn off?
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:41:49 PM
I have to consider, OP, some of these ladies have hundreds or more of favorites, I mean they should have picked someone I think, or just like the attention of being with so many favorites. I have contacted women with a lot favorites but i don't put my hopes up though.
 studplayrico
Msg: 81 (view)

Do you have a type?
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:36:41 PM
I do have a type, women.
 studplayrico

How do you quell a compassionate nature you're born with?
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:33:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with you as I am in the same boat as you. I'm not going to change for anyone. It's just we haven't found the girl that we are suppossed to be with.
 studplayrico
Msg: 34 (view)

Today I made lemonade from lemons
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:28:38 PM
My man, OP, that's one of those things that you don't let pass. Must be a heavenly set up. Good luck, i hope it goes well.
 studplayrico
Msg: 69 (view)

Is kissing a important part of intimacy???
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:21:06 PM
I belive in a good kisser= a good or great lover. It's the kiss that opens the doors for greater things intimatelly speaking.
 studplayrico
Msg: 40 (view)

How do you get back on the horse?
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:02:13 PM
After a relationship, a long one in your case, you have to be sure that you have healed emotionally FIRST. You don't want to carry stuff from your past relationship into a new one. After you have taken care of yourself first, then you can engage with a new relationship (clubbing is not ideal for them) usually a family member knows someone nice or a good friend. There's so many woman outthere that the choices are vast. Just make sure she's QUALITY and don't rush into anything and guard your feeling until you really know she's the one.
 studplayrico
Msg: 213 (view)

so why are YOU here on a Saturday night?
Posted: 3/8/2008 10:19:58 PM
Got tired of clubing and Salsa dancing. I was ok though. LOL. I gues i'll take my chance on here.
 studplayrico
Msg: 79 (view)

When is it OK to cheat?
Posted: 3/8/2008 10:18:30 PM
Thanks for the insight sirorick , I didn't it see it like that.
 studplayrico
Msg: 77 (view)

When is it OK to cheat?
Posted: 3/8/2008 2:04:59 PM
ONLY COWARDS KEEP SOMEONE BY PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, LYING, CHEATING, ETC. These people are afraid to be real, afraid to be alone, selfish beyond all reason. Then they turn around and trying to make themselves look good by saying they didn't want to tell because it would hurt the spouse/significant other. How dare they take away their partner's choices by keeping the truth from them?

You couldn't say it any better. I found out this for myself. Thought I had something and was just a farce to say the least.
 studplayrico
Msg: 78 (view)

WHY ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO FALL IN LOVE NOWADAYS???
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:13:52 AM
Too many disappointments. You can put your barriers down so many times.

Show ALL Forums