Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would love to help you out with your profile
 wbishop
Msg: 243 (view)

Would love to help you out with your profile
Posted: 4/24/2008 5:51:30 AM
Thanks!! I am going to take your advice and start over with the pics
 wbishop
Msg: 4 (view)

Ppppplease give me a little help here??
Posted: 4/24/2008 5:47:32 AM
thanks everybody! you all have great suggestions and I have taken most of them and will be replacing the pics as soon as i get more. My sis is having a huge party soon so I am gonna get em taken there and I baught my dream car yesterday so I am going to get a few with it. (loserI did not ignore any suggestions I am workin on it)
 wbishop
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2008 8:49:27 PM
Thanks to all of you! I hope this is a little better!
 wbishop
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2008 5:58:01 PM
Thanks T, I appreciate it! I did not realise how negative most of that came across I thought it was more light hearted and funny but looking at it again I think you may be right!
 wbishop
Msg: 36 (view)

What does my children come first mean to you?
Posted: 4/22/2008 3:19:47 PM
As a single dad who spends alot of time with my little girl I worry about that too I worry about taking time away from her for someone else but I also worry about winding up alone because i gave all of my time to her. I also wonder if I use it as a safety fence to keep from putting myself in a situation where I could get hurt. I dunno
 wbishop
Msg: 6 (view)

Date women with or without kids
Posted: 4/22/2008 2:58:37 PM
my only advice is never ever limit yourself, don't swear off women with kids or women without kids. I personally enjoy dating women with kids because we have more in common but I also tend to be more cautious with them because i don't want to get too attached to their kids, its like breaking up with all of them if it does not work out.
 wbishop
Msg: 9 (view)

Single for the first time in a long time
Posted: 4/22/2008 2:41:27 PM
don't be afraid to take the first step! If the kind of person you want isnt contacting you then contact them!!!!! And be upfront about what you want even those of us who are looking for long term are open to meeting new friends who just want someone to hang out with!
 wbishop
Msg: 235 (view)

Would love to help you out with your profile
Posted: 4/22/2008 2:24:56 PM
Would I ever love some help here! I really thought I had done pretty well but now I am thinking I need help!
 wbishop
Msg: 11 (view)

Splitting custody......how bad can it be for the children?
Posted: 4/22/2008 1:45:50 PM
It seems to me that you and your ex have a good working relationship, good communication and a commitment to doing whats right for your kids. I think with all of those things going for you that in any situation your going to do fine. This particular situation while not ideal really seems to benifit all involved. Good Luck!
 wbishop
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2008 1:24:52 PM
I have realized that, (sigh) I am never going to be tall dark and handsome brad pitt type of guy LOL! soooo I need to do the best i can with what I've got!! I am just looking to make my profile as good as it can be! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 wbishop
Msg: 401 (view)

Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:36:41 PM
I think we get to caught up in our judgements about what people should and shouldnt look like. We all decide what our "type" is and limit ourselves. "that guy is nice but he is not my type, too short, too tall, too skinny etc." and we miss out on something that could be great over a superficial snap judgement.
 wbishop
Msg: 95 (view)

do men like to be approached first?
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:31:21 PM
Damn good point!!
 wbishop
Msg: 94 (view)

do men like to be approached first?
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:30:50 PM
I can only speak for me but I love it! I wish it happened more often!
 wbishop
Msg: 64 (view)

How often per week is a normal sex life?
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:28:35 PM
great answer! sometimes its great to just tease each other unmercifully for as long as both of you can stand it!
 wbishop
Msg: 63 (view)

How often per week is a normal sex life?
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:26:25 PM
Like you said yourself "normal" is a relative term but in my experience early in a relationship do not be surprised if you have sex every day but when things settle in 3 to 5 times a week is a good bet. just remember sex is a 2 way street as long as both of you are satisfied then "normal" is what you make it.
 wbishop
Msg: 24 (view)

Is having cybersex cheating?
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:19:13 PM
my feelings on this are that anything, sexually or emotionally, that you would not be happy to tell your partner about is cheating
 wbishop
Msg: 275 (view)

My beef about PART TIME dads who identify as SINGLE dads
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:09:26 AM
I have the wonderful privelidge of spending 15 days a month with my 6 yr old daughter, does that make me a "part-time" dad? does that make my ex a "part-time" mom? I think it just makes us parents who are trying to be fair to each other and to our little girl. I would never belittle the difficulties of being a single mother, they are endless! however we dad's do run into a few ourselves, the biggest being a society that treats us as second class parents with almost no rights. For the first 3 months after our split I kept my daughter full time my ex did not even visit, and I have immense respect for full time single fathers. there are so many ways that they are treated poorly. for instance most places do not have changing tables in the mens restrooms and lets face it most of them are disgusting! who would want to change a baby in one? One of the hardest parts for me was that Ashtyn had just turned 4 and was not big enough to handle everything in the bathroom by herself but most places do not have unisex facilities for single parents so I had to take her into the mens room. I realize that a single mom with a son has a similar problem but the women are not lined up against a wall exposed to the child like in a mens room.
 wbishop
Msg: 181 (view)

I still love you but I am not in love with you.....
Posted: 1/24/2007 8:05:09 PM
yeah my ex-wife gave me that one too. The only one that sux worse is the "I just dont love you that way" or "lets just be friends"Odd thing is that I guess she meant it because once we got past all the angry stuff she started asking about my life and such and now we talk about just about everything
 wbishop
Msg: 57 (view)

Why do most women not reply or give it a try?
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:13:39 PM
cmon jess you know your above average
 wbishop
Msg: 8 (view)

Why are men turned off by women with kids?
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:06:02 PM
As a single dad i am actually MORE attracted to women with kids because we share much more in common. But look around so many parents (male and female) dont want to be bothered with thier own kids much less someone elses! Its sad really because they have no idea what they are missing! and when they do it will probably be too late!!
 wbishop
Msg: 10 (view)

Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:52:29 PM
all of you single moms out there, give this single dad a chance!!
 wbishop
Msg: 48 (view)

SingleMoms being stereotyped.........
Posted: 7/9/2006 6:44:21 PM
Ive got to agree with you on that on I am a single dad who had sole custody of my four year old for a few monthes while her mother "found" herself. and often i found people treating me like something was wrong with me because i didnt have a woman in my daughters life. Like it was my fault her mother ran off with a biker 20 yrs older than she is! I have found that alot of the single mothers who complain about not getting guys wont consider a single father why is that??? I personally prefer to date a single mom because we have so much more in common.

and my biggest pet peeve about being a single dad......being in public when my little girl has to go to the bathroom!! she is too young to go into a public restroom by herself and obviously i dont want to take her into a mens room because there is no privacy, everything is just out there for her to see. It is a real nightmare!!!!
 wbishop
Msg: 8 (view)

Plentyofmoms.com
Posted: 7/9/2006 11:23:05 AM
there is a large amount of single moms on this site which is one of the reasons i use it, as a single dad i am more attracted to single moms since we have more in common. I think tex has the answer though.
 wbishop
Msg: 5 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:40:06 AM
Thanks alot!! you made some really good points and i will be working them in quickly! I am very glad that i took the time to ask for your help! I do play around with writing but would not say that i am very good at it
 wbishop
Msg: 2 (view)

Want an honest review?
Posted: 7/8/2006 6:36:01 PM
i would love any help you can give...review, suggestions the works

Show ALL Forums