Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: BRAMPTON - Sat. Feb 16th Valentines Dance Party @ Ellen's Bar & Grill
 danteslnferno
Msg: 4 (view)

BRAMPTON - Sat. Feb 16th Valentines Dance Party @ Ellen's Bar & Grill
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:20:15 PM
If I'm not completely dead tired from my business trip to Calgary I return from that day, I will try to make it up.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 12 (view)

PHOTOS & COMMENTS: London & Area: July 28th: Fantastic, Freebie, Bonanza Dance Party
Posted: 8/3/2012 5:55:44 PM
Hey Miss A looks like you folks had a blast, lot's of good looking people too. I might actually have to drive out there for one of your events one night!!!
 danteslnferno
Msg: 21 (view)

Singles night of Volleyball & Pizza! July 6, 2012 in Mississauga
Posted: 6/11/2012 8:10:00 PM
I want to come out but ... honestly? I SUCK at volleyball hahahaha. I'm thinking about it, but if I show up I apologize in advance to my teammates as I'm going to show up for the fun of the event.

Hay, that's Chinguacousy Park isn't it?
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 8 (view)

Woodbridge - March 23 2012 9:00pm - Vertigo Lounge - POF Singles Dance Party
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:19:28 PM
Do I have to wear clothes????
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 44 (view)

Fishing
Posted: 3/19/2012 6:17:38 PM
I LOVE fishing. LOVE it. I have a boat on Lake Simcoe, I fish from shore, from the boat, on the ice, and all year around!!! I also don't fail to catch fish when I go, usually. No guarantees out there but I gotta say I do really well.

Wish I could Phish on here as well as I do with a rod and reel lmao
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 3 (view)

Woodbridge - March 23 2012 9:00pm - Vertigo Lounge - POF Singles Dance Party
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:30:19 PM
I'm bumping this party back to the front and the top because I want this party to pump and be packed. First party inYEARS for me, so I'm looking forward to it. By the way, if you see me there, don't be gentle, come up and say hello! If the music is to my liking you will find me on the dancefloor so women folk come out there and dance with me.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 39 (view)

About this Tim Hortons first date thing.
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:54:13 PM
Meh,

Tim Hortons is drab and boring. Why not just meet the person for a walk in a park (During the day on a warm weekend where there are lot's of witness ... errrrr I mean people walking around in full view), or do something casual where you can talk and learn about one another without the pressure of feeling like it's an interview. My hope is that you have spoken to the people you are meeting before you actually meet, which should give you an idea of their temperament and likes/dislikes. Go from there. If the person says they like art, go for a walk at the AGO. If they say they are into exersize and sports, go for a hike or rent a couple of kayaks and go for a row. Making things comfortable and fun doesn't need to be expensive. Just use a little engenuity or imagination!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 27 (view)

The hardest thing about dating is getting a date...
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:45:06 PM
I think there's about 500 threads on this same topic in the forum history. I write emails and no one writes back. I can't get a response etc etc etc. Hey, I know where you are coming from and trust me, I've been frustrated often enough as well, but remember something; you get what you pay for. I really believe that too.

POF is a great site and it's a free site. How many people on this site are actually genuinely looking to meet someone? Ask yourself that. Of all the profiles you peruse how many are actually on here to find someone to date and get to know? I'd say the percentage is much lower than what some of us hope. So you may be emailing a lot of people who put a profile on this site but who either put their profile on months or years ago or are looking for someone so perfect that they won't respond to ANYONE that emails them because they just set their hopes too high.

If this is your only means of finding a date, then you need to broaden your horizons. You need to consider other options such as Social clubs, other websites, paid dating serrvices, community events etc .... There's more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak, and when I finally broadened my horizons and looked outside the singularity of the internet, my dating life improved dramatically!!!
 Danteslnferno

Best friends with an ex
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:34:08 PM
I'm LIVING this right now. My ex-girlfriend and I are absolutely the best of friends. We were together for 2 years, lived together for nearly a year, and we both realized that we would KILL EACH OTHER if we stayed together, so we broke up. It's been two years since we broke up and we have both moved on, but we also realized how important we were and still are to one another so we are best friends. We are not intimate with one another, we date other people, we love each other but are not in love with one another.

I used tob e of the thought that I could never date someone who is best friends or friends with their ex's. Well, now I realize that the problem isn't the ex, it's the problem I had with trust. If you lack self-esteem and are not confident in yourself, then it won't matter if the person you are dating is friends with the ex, or with an attractive person of the opposite sex, or if they flirt with the pretty waitress serving you dinner. Your jealousy is yours. Own it, deal with it, come to terms with it, and move on from it.

Obviously, there are certain limits to being friends with an ex while you are dating someone else. Sleepovers at the Ex's place is a no-no and any hint of physical intimacy between the two is wrong, but instead of fuming over it, discuss the issue with your partner and see if what you perceive to be an issue really is, or is it actually your personal lack of self esteem clouding the reality.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 2 (view)

how to find someone with a crazy work schedule(nightshift)
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:24:25 PM
Yes, I can see how working off hours would be difficult to meet someone. Having said that, the working environment today has many people working night shifts so you may not be as alone as you think in your frustrations. One thing you might be able to do is host an event, such as a day out during the week, and see what kind of interest arises. You might be surprised to see that there are a lot of people, attractive single women included, who are in a similar situation. Good Luck!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 33 (view)

younger guys older women toronto
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:21:23 PM
Younger men and older women isn't a problem and isn't viewed as a problem by society. A double standard DOES exist in terms of perception. A Younger woman with an older man generates all sorts of stereotypes. Things like "He's a pervert, he's having a mid life crisis, he just likes her for the eye candy, what could they POSSIBLY have in common other than sex, She's after him for his money, she is with him because he's her sugar daddy etc etc etc ....

A Younger man with a more mature woman causes a different, albeit less than desirable comparison: "She's a cougar, a MILF, her clock is ticking, her hormones are raging, she's trying to relive her youth, he's in it for the sex, he wants to be a kept man, he is using her becuase there's no way a guy that young could ever love a woman that much older ....

Shame really, as individuals can fall for one another regardless of age. So often I've been scolded or chastized for talking to a woman who is in her 20's. I'm now 40, so apparantly the socially acceptable age for me to date is someone in her early to mid 30's or older. Why is that? If the person who is younger is a consenting adult and is of sound mind then why would anyone question the person's motives for being in a relationship with someone older? We as a society are overly cynical and that's why there are so many in society who are still single, still miserable, and still don't have a clue.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 5 (view)

Brampton/Mississauga Party
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:13:09 PM
How about hosting events at more modern places? My Apartment, Dirty Martini, Club Rehab, Ten come to mind. Part of why I think a lot of people don't attend some events is the fact that in the past, some events were held in what would be considered Dive Bars. Sorry, but it is true. I'm not saying all events or even the one's the Original Poster organized, but there were many MANY parties a few years ago of which some were in less than desirable locales.

If the venue is good, the partiers will come. Oh, and 1 other suggestion, live bands are fine but if you do wish to host an event in which there is a live band or more specifically a live Tribute Band (The Elton John Tribute band thing a couple of years ago comes to mind) then expect people who don't like the particular singer or artist to not show up. If you want to have a large mix of age groups show up, then cater to them all by holding the event at a venue that would make people in their 20's as comfortable as people in their 50's. I know the parties aren't exclusive, but let's be fair, most partygoers from POF are in the mid to upper 30's and older.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 17 (view)

About this Tim Hortons first date thing.
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:33:08 PM
Meet vs date. Big Difference. Meeting at a Timmie's is ok I guess. Can't get more neutral than a Tim Hortons, but to me it just ... it just is too blah. I'd rather meet at a nice little cafe somewhere in the middle between where she lives and where I live. If anything, I am willing to go down to her area and meet her somewhere she feels comfortable in (Yes, yes I know, such a gentleman ... or shmuck). Point is, sitting and talking doesn't have to be at a Timmie's but it should be somewhere that can be comfy for both people.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 14 (view)

Same people look but don`t say anything??
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:27:35 PM
hahahahahaha. It may be that everytime you open the 'viewed me' section that you see the same pictures because there aren't a lot of people viewing your profile and thus it may look like the same people keep looking at you when in actuality it means no one has viewed your profile for a bit.

Don't get mad, I'm just being truthful.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 7 (view)

Help
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:16:34 PM
I like the advice of not joining facebook but if she gets too many emails on here to give her your email address (hotmail or yahoo etc) and see if she writes to you there, or ask her for her personal email address and see if she responds. If she doesn't, I'd think there was something a bit odd too.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 19 (view)

Disapearing off the map after a few nice emails
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:00:39 PM
Why are we analyzing this to death? YOu wrote, back and forth a couple of times then she stopped responding. She had initially found something interesting in you, wanted to see if there was anything there, there wasn't. Voila, stopped writing. Did you write to her after a couple of days asking why she didn't respond? Because you know, women love that sort of thing.

Just let it go and quit analyzing. I'm one to talk as I analyze everything but it isn't worth the time. Go email someone else.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 47 (view)

How many men are lying about their HEIGHT??
Posted: 8/14/2011 7:55:16 PM
Lying on a profile is idiotic ... period. I'm 39 turning 40, I'm 5'5" tall, I shave my head. For me to say I'm 6 feet tall with long black hair and put up a fake picture on my profile would be ludicrous.

Yes, women in general prefer men to be taller, trust me I know this. However, what's teh point of saying you are taller than you are? In the hopes the person and you talk enough online that she will overlook your deception? Stupid theory. Doesn't work. Be honest, or if you are going to lie, lie on the conservative. That way when you meet someone they may actually be pleasantly surprised!!!

Oh yes, it's not just height. When I see someone's profile say their body type is average and you meet them, I wonder sometimes if average now means overweight by 50 pounds? SO it's not just people lying about height, a lot lie about their body type, their age and their marital status. It sucks, but just like in the real world out there, there's a lot of crap you have to weed through to find someone decent.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 50 (view)

**** LONDON & Surrounding Area: LIVE TO RADIO DANCE NIGHT: Up On Carling: Friday, July 22, 2011 ****
Posted: 7/11/2011 4:12:07 PM
Hey Miss A,

Looks like it will be me and three friends ... female ... God help me 3 women TO London and back to Paris in my car. I'm going to need earplugs and advil .... hahahahahahaha
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 3 (view)

Tank tops...aka wife beater shirts. Do women like them?
Posted: 6/21/2011 7:43:27 PM
Wife beater shirts? Seriously? There are men who think it's fashionable to wear them still? Geash.

If they put an age limit on wearing wife beaters then there should be limits on women wearing Mini-Skirts, Tight leggings, Tank Tops, or 2 piece bikinis. Of course, women should be happy to know that there should be limits for men wearing 'wife beaters', speedos ANYWHERE, sandles with socks, cargo shorts, and any sort of mesh shirt.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 34 (view)

**** LONDON & Surrounding Area: LIVE TO RADIO DANCE NIGHT: Up On Carling: Friday, July 15, 2011 ****
Posted: 6/20/2011 7:24:03 PM
Allison,

I don't know who the Brampton Crew is to be honest lol, but I am coming with a couple of friends so it should be fun!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 28 (view)

**** LONDON & Surrounding Area: LIVE TO RADIO DANCE NIGHT: Up On Carling: Friday, July 15, 2011 ****
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:26:41 PM
I haven't been to London in YEARS. I'm thinking I'll make the drive out. See if I can convince a couple of pals to tag along with me.
 Danteslnferno

PHOTOS: Sat., May 7/11 - Woodbridge Meet & Greet - Maimi Mix Lounge
Posted: 5/8/2011 4:39:33 PM
I had fun. Thanks for hosting the party. I didn't stay very long but the time I did spend at the bar was good. Hope to come out to other events as the summer progresses!!! It was a good first step to getting back into the dating scene so thanks for making it comfortable to come and dance. :-)
 danteslnferno
Msg: 43 (view)

Good Opening Lines
Posted: 4/19/2011 7:12:12 PM
How about "Hello, my name is (Insert your name here). How are you?"

GENIUS!!! BRILLIANT!!!

Good greif ...
 danteslnferno
Msg: 17 (view)

Stop being the Nice Guy!
Posted: 4/19/2011 7:10:31 PM
Women don't want the douche. Women don't want the wimp or the spineless, gutless jellyfish who can't stand up for himself and be a man. Guess what? Women like good looking men. Deal with it. We live in a superficial world and if you are complaining that women are choosing the 'good looking' guy over you, then there's problem #1. You aren't confident enough in yourself and no matter how OFTEN you say you are confident, deep down you truly aren't.

Douchebags, as you might call them, have confidence. Confidence is attractive to the opposite sex. Here's the real trip. Quit trying to be one thing or the other and try being YOURSELF!!! If you are a nice person then BE A NICE PERSON. If you are a dumb ass then that's what you are. Don't TRY to be a badass, tough guy, or anything else because it will be a complete fail. BE REAL, and see if women appreciate THAT.

Nice guy, bad guy yadda yadda. I used to whine about that crap too. When I stopped WHINING, stopped trying to be things I am not, and started to show more confidence in myself and projected that and projected me being happy and up front and outspoken, guess what happened? My date book filled up. One other thing, if a woman dates douchebags constantly, do you REALLY want to be with that woman? "Why won't she date me but want's to date that idiot over there? Waaah Waah Waah ... Well first quit yer damn whining ya bunch of panty waists. Second, grow a pair ... third, change your approach without changing who you are. If you have a lot of females telling you they want to be friends and only friends, maybe take a reality check and see who it is you are trying to date. Maybe the type of woman you are chasing isn't the right kind of woman for you.
 danteslnferno
Msg: 47 (view)

West End Burlington/Oakville Party at Boston Manor Friday March 19th.
Posted: 3/11/2010 8:31:36 PM
I haven't been to an event in YEARS ... I might try to make it out for this one. Depends on a couple of things mainly if my right knee is ok in time to dance but yeah, I like the make up of the list so far.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 5 (view)

Alternative to Club 54 for us older folk?
Posted: 5/11/2009 7:59:02 PM
Try 'On the Curve' which is just beside Square 1 Mall in Mississauga. Mature crowd there for sure. The Chicken Deli off of Mt. Pleasant and Eglinton is another bar you can check out.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 13 (view)

Tamil Protesters To Paralyze Toronto Traffic
Posted: 5/11/2009 7:41:01 PM
Okay, I had to chime in here. I do NOT agree with ANYONE blocking traffic and using kids as shields etc etc etc ... Blocking the Gardiner Expressway was absolutely ridiculous and the police should have stepped in. However, saying they should be tasered and that if it were another group who did what THEY did WOULD be tasered is ridiculous. Native Canadians blocked off the main road heading into Caledonia for WEEKS, and they weren't tasered.

The police stepped in only AFTER things started turning violent. Unions and workers march downtown on Labor day and shut down the city, should they be tasered? Gays and Lesbians block the entire east portion of Downtown for a weekend, should they also be tasered? Yes, I realize there is a difference between a march or parade that is organized and gains legal approval tohold their event versus the Tamil demonstrations. However, all of these events are examples of a vital and integral part of Canada. The right to assemble, meet, speak freely, demonstrate and protest.

The Tamil population in Canada MUST be allowed the right to protest. Whether or not the opinion matters to YOU or if you agree with the opinion or group or protest does not matter. I'm not a Tamil or a supporter of their movement, but I do support their right to meet and protest and bring attention to their cause. As for the comment 'the provincial government should gather all the tamils and send them all back to Sri Lanka' is about as ignorant a statement as I have ever read on these forums. You have a right to voice that opinion, I have a right to think it is racist and ignorant. It's wonderful isn't it?

Our country was also built on a foundation of tolerance for other cultures. I can just see someone typing something to the effect of 'It's not our problem, don't bring problems from where you are from to our country. We don't care, go away, shut up and stop protesting about things that have nothing to do with Canada.' People protest in Canada because they are free to protest here. They may not be able to protest in their country of origin. They may not have the freedom to speak aloud and show disagreement with the government in charge from their country of origin. Also, some who are protesting might just want to show support for their people back home and feel like this is the best way to do it.

All people who protest or picket, or gather or meet do so because they have a common cause but more importantly because Canada protects these as rights for all. I must say, to any of you in the Tamil community, continue to fight your fight. Stay off the roads and don't be idiots about it. Breaking the law, blocking traffic, and ticking the general population off will not forward your cause. It will, in fact, cause the opposite effect as people will resent your cause and show intolerance towards you.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 4 (view)

Fishing in Toronto?
Posted: 5/10/2009 4:16:19 PM
I don't think the poster was looking for fish to eat, just places he can go fish and catch something.

OP, try the mouth of the Rouge River in Scarborough for bullhead and carp. You can also catch Brown trout there as well in the spring of the year. Also, in the fall try the mouths of the Rouge, Credit, Bronte, or Humber Rivers for Salmon. they come close to shore at that time of year. Take a trip to the Toronto Islands for some Largmouth Bass and Northern Pike. In addition, try osme of the reservoirs and small ponds (Grenadiere Pond, Lake Acquitane) for Largemouth bass, Crappie, Sunfish, and carp.

There are plenty of opportunities to catch fish in the GTA. Pick up a Perly's Map and see where there are ponds and small lakes and try them out. A lot of hidden gems in the city for fishing. I've been catching Crappie after work for 2 weeks now!!! Sorry can't tell you where but just keep your eyes peeled for waterways and I am sure you can find your own honey holes as well.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 39 (view)

Oshawa April 18th Rated M For Mature!
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:10:42 PM
I believe I will attend this event after all lol. See you folks there!!!
 Danteslnferno

Billy Bob Thornton insults Canadians on CBC radio show
Posted: 4/14/2009 6:38:13 PM
Ya know what's funny? We can't laugh at ourselves anymore. Canadians don't have a thick skin at all. I guess it's okay when Ray MErcer goes to the US and makes the average american look stupid by asking questions about Canada, but Billy Bob makes one or two stupid comments and we are up in arms????

C'mon people, I love Canada as much as anyone, but let's stop being so dang touchy.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 20 (view)

Oshawa April 18th Rated M For Mature!
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:57:20 PM
I'd come but ... apparently you gotta be mature to go to this party hahahahahaha. I'm IMMATURE ....
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 45 (view)

London Bringing in Spring Semi Formal Saturday May 30 2009
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:49:51 PM
Not sur eif I am coming to this event. I'm moving into my new place the weekend after which means a lot of packing needs to get done before the move. I also think that the live band thing isn't my deal. I don't do well with live bands. I'll see how things are closer to the event date though.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 15 (view)

Initial Contact: Do's & Don'ts ??
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:46:24 PM
Be yourself. Be honest of your intentions. Be genuine. If you like Star TRek be honest about it.

Do what feels natural. If being natrual to you means typing an email insinuating heavy breathing, then good luck@!!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 11 (view)

Proper pictures in profile as a guy?
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:43:25 PM
Posting pics of yourself topless isn't a bad thing unless you have the body of an accountant .... pudgy, furry, and pasty. Not a good look men. If you remind people of George Constanza without a shirt on ... keep the shirt ON. If Woody Allen looks buff beside you, then maybe wear a sweater in your picture. If you take your shirt off and remind people of a Bartlett Pear, maybe a gym membership and a few months of exersize before you take a picture.

Now, do what you want to do but then don't come whining in here trying to figure out why you haven't had a woman write to you or write back to something you may have sent her.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 9 (view)

hard to meet people here
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:38:28 PM
Dude. It takes time. You will email 100 women before you MAY get a response. Go to some parties, don't have any expectations. BTW, if you haven't noticed. Ava maria seems to be flirting with you. Write to the woman. Whatcha need a flashing neon sign saying "WRITE TO ME"????

Write, email, be merry, enjoy, and relax. This place is so promising but is soooooo disappointing a lot of the time lol
 Danteslnferno

What Are The Top 10 Listed That You Seek The Most Out Of A Companion?
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:33:43 PM
1. Is Female ...
2. Has most of her teeth
3. Can speak in coherant sentences normally
4. Has a pulse
5. Has no problems dating a man 5'5" tall who shaves his head
6. Doesn't need to wax her back
7. Has some curves, but not 1 BIG CURVE ....
8. Doesn't do drugs unless it's prescribed and isn't for genital warts or Herpies.
9. Enjoys doing things other than spending my money.
10. Doesn't chew tobacco
 Danteslnferno

FRIDAY NIGHT MADNESS AT THE BIRCHMOUNT/CACTUS PETE'S 24 APRIL 2009
Posted: 4/12/2009 5:30:18 PM
I'm going to try to make it out this time as well. I have a question though!!!! Last time I was there I danced with an atractive brunette who was saucy and fun. Told me her handle but it didn't exist on the POF search engine!!! Arrrrrgh!!! Completely confuseded here!!! SO, if you are out there sign up for the party so that I can know you are going!!!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 57 (view)

A touchy subject...who pays?
Posted: 4/5/2009 8:42:31 PM
Oh yes, and when people claim they are independant and are looking for someone who is independant, but expect a man to pay for them when they go out on dates regardless of the situation, is, to me hypocritical. That's like saying you like canoeing but your canoe has an outboard engine so you don't have to paddle.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2009 8:28:13 PM
Stacie555 said:

"under all circumstances, on a date, the man should pay...my only exemption to this rule is being in an ongoing relationship, the girl can pitch in sometimes and pay sometimes... "

Miss Allison I don't think you have said that men should pay for a date regardless of anything. I believe the above quote was from Stacie555 and not you. Stacie555's comment is exactly why as a man who has a fairly decent living I am cynical about many women. The man should pay???? Let's take this scenario: Person A meets person B and they are instantly attracted to person B. Person A approaches person b, gets Person B's phone number, calls person B, suggests meeting, makes the plans, picks the place for dinner, sets the time. They go to dinner, have a drink or two. who pays? WITHOUT knowing whether Person A is man or woman, it would be appropriate to think that Person A would pay because they initiated the whole date from start to finish correct?

What Stacie555 posted in the above quote and Sweetgirl posted a few posts above ("Hope not. Unfortnately men do expect women to pay sometimes.") seem to be saying is, no matter if they were person A, they would expect the man to pay for the date. Regardless of who initiated the date or who asked whom out. They even go so far as to say or imply that the man should pay for the next date, and the next, and the next .... then you ladies wonder why, maybe just maybe you either can't find a genuine guy to be with or you don't get to go out on more than 3 or 4 dates with the same guy??????

Sweetgirl, when you responded to Moonshine (The guy stated he would pay for every date he would go on) a good guy, did you not think he may have written that after reading the thread thinking tohimself "Hey, I betcha women have read this and if I write on here and look all genuine and crap and tell women I will pay for every date then one of them will eventually swoon to me". Please. Every date? For the next 5 years the guy is going to pay for every date? There are other words to describe guys like that.

Even worse, you would let him?????

So before anyone accuses me of being cheap or not a gentleman, I have stated before that I don't mind paying for a date in the least. I don't mind offering to pay if a woman asks me out. If I am asked out, I will always take money with me to offer to pay. Miss Allison's issue with a lack of chivalry is valid. I will go pick my date up if we decide to go somewhere together and not meet up at a neutral place. I will have a little gift for her when I meet her. I will open doors for her and give her my jacket if it is cold and she is ill prepared for the weather. However, as stated before, if SHE asks me out, makes the plans, picks the restaurant or wherever we are meeting, the bill comes and is handed to me (The reality is that Wait staff bring the bill to the male 99 percent of the time) she doesn't even make an attempt to say "No, I asked you out I'm going to pay" that'll be a warning flag for me. At least make a feigned effort to offer to pay if YOU ASKED ME OUT.

If I asked you out, all bets are off. I pay. I pay happily. I even pay happily if you ask me out and at least not EXPECT me to pay. If I go out with a woman 10 times and the 11th time she buys me a coffee at Timmies or comes and picks me up for a change, shows a touch of effort that she isn't with me because, in part, of what I can buy her, then I will pay her back 10 times over. It shows thoughtfulness for me. Surprise me sometimes.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 33 (view)

St Catharine Ontario POF Spring Party @ The Lion Tavern on Sat March 28, 2009 7-11pm
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:50:08 PM
I really want to come down there as I haven't been to the St. Catherine's Niagara Falls area for a fish party in awhile. I can't commit though as it is a 2 hour drive ... I hope to see some of you there and meet some of you I haven't yet had the pleasure of getting to know!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 24 (view)

London Bringing in Spring Semi Formal Saturday May 30 2009
Posted: 3/23/2009 5:48:50 PM
Hey Divine???

Is this the event you were telling me about?????

hmmmm, I just bouhgt a new suit, shirt, tie, shoes and belt for a Wedding I'm going to in the Beginning of April. Should I dare wear it again????
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 6 (view)

Kudos for the St Patricks day and first day of Spring in Orillia
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:39:25 PM
It looks as though you all had a blast!!! I am sorry I couldn't make it up as I woke up Saturday with a stiff neck and frozen shoulder. I was out of commission all weekend. Maybe next time!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 16 (view)

What song was playing, if any when you lost your virginity?
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:50:55 PM
ava become a born again virgin and then meet someone and have sex again for the first time!!! With a theme song in the backround!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 38 (view)

St Patricks Day and first day of Spring at McCabes in Orillia
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:49:06 PM
Saturday night in Orillia. Dare I drive up for my first ever Barrie/Orillia event???? I'm considering it ... I won't make any promises but I might just be lured up there!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 148 (view)

People with Motorcycles
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:47:47 PM
I know a woman who rides and lord knows I would love to ride with her if she ever invited me lmao. Ya know ... I would even come out to Oshawa for the lift lmao
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 161 (view)

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:34:08 PM
I really think it's a fallacy to think there is a Mr. or Miss Right for everyone or that there is one person out there perfect for me. you know what the odds are of meeting 1 person? What if the right person for me lives in South Africa, or Sweden, or Russia, or Japan?????????? Don't go telling me that fate will bring us together either lmao. I think there are plenty of people who would be a good or great fit with me. Just gotta put yourself out there and meet people and eventually you will find someone who you are compatable with, who makes you feel all giddy in the pants, and that you really enjoy spending time with. It may not happen on this site, but eventually it will happen. If not, then you will settle for someone and live a boring yetnot lonely existence ... hahahahahaha
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/16/2009 2:27:20 PM
Who ever asks the other out pays. C'mon ladies, if you ask a guy out to dinner and drinks you expect the guy to pay even though you asked????

Having said that, I will OFFER to pay for dinner and buy her a drink or two, but if she sits there and after asking ME out, looks at the bill and pushes it to me, I'll pay but I ain't going out with you again. That, to me, is just bad etiquette. I have no problems paying for a date when I ask the woman out. I even don't have a problem insisting on paying for a date even if she asks me out and takes the bill, even in a feigned attempt to show she will pay. I think offering to pay for the dinner or drinks even if you have been asked out is good etiquette. Sit there and expect it? Nu uh. Not if you asked me out.
 Danteslnferno

Proper pictures in profile as a guy?
Posted: 3/13/2009 3:52:36 PM
I think you have to have a clear picture or two of your face. Also have a picture of yourselfr ONLY. Not you and 15 other people without ay way of identifying who you are lmao
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 14 (view)

TGIF!! Kiss Me I'm Irish PoF, ETON HOUSE TAVERN on the Danforth, March 20th, 7:30pm
Posted: 3/13/2009 3:51:09 PM
I came to the party last week and really didn't feel comfortable. I sat back and watched from afar. Yes, ME. I can be SHY. Once in awhile.

I vowed I wouldn't go back but depending on if I am in town or not I might ... MIGHT ... check it out again.
 Danteslnferno

FRIDAY NIGHT MADNESS AT THE BIRCHMOUNT/CACTUS PETE'S 27MARCH 2009
Posted: 3/13/2009 3:43:24 PM
I had a blast last time, even though I was pretty conspicuous. I will probably be there again this time around!!!

Show ALL Forums