Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Name the number one thing keeping you single..
 patchesdf
Msg: 93 (view)

Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 5/28/2008 1:31:42 AM
The one thing keeping me single, more than any other.

Failure
 patchesdf
Msg: 1 (view)

Moving to Kingston, have many questions :)
Posted: 5/28/2008 1:30:25 AM
It's okay, I don't need help moving my furniture, I pay people to do that.

Anywho, I'm a former Torontonian who has been living in British Columbia for the past 9 years and I'll be back in Ontario moving to Kingston and arriving on Canada Day. I've been to Kingston many times and I already know all the tourist stuff. So I'm not interested in the thousand islands tour or Fort Henry, I've done all that. I'm interested in the real Kingston, and meeting PoF people who live in Kingston. I wanna go to pubs, and eat pub food and get to know the theatre and stuff like that. If anyone wants to correspond I'd love to chat.

I'm also a theatrical actor and and artist and would like to know what theatrical companies there are and art galleries in Kingston. What kind of neat stuff the city has planned for Canada Day? Hobby stuff, gyms, book stores. Where are the best places to eat? Who has good local music? Comedy clubs. My head is exploding with questions.

Neil
 patchesdf
Msg: 111 (view)

Have you ever touched somebody famous?
Posted: 2/11/2007 1:26:39 AM
Cassandra Peterson touched me once. (That's the lady who is Elvira). It couldn't be avoided actually. We were standing in line at a crowded Starbucks and her boobs brushed against my upper arm. I'll tell you, without her costume on that woman is one amazing redhead.
 patchesdf
Msg: 5 (view)

Abbotsford has bargain bin Nazis
Posted: 2/10/2007 5:01:42 PM
Actualy I'm sure there's a plastic that is in itself a cheap immitation of vinyl, or it's just really bad vinyl. As for being a bunch of fetishist, I WISH. I didn't see any girls in this group. I have to say (no matter how innapropriate it may seem) women look totally hot in Nazi uniforms. Tasty. I swear whoever designed clothes for the Germans must have had a closet fetish. I sat through The Producers just to get to the bit with the pretty showgirls in S&M uniforms. Mmmmm-mmm.
 patchesdf
Msg: 2 (view)

what did you learn from your grandparents?
Posted: 2/10/2007 4:30:42 PM
Old people are a pain in the ass.

No, that's not what I said, it's what my grandfather said me me as a child. I was spending too much time hanging around old people because I like just being the center of attention. My grandfather thought that wasn't right so one day he took me aside and he said to me, "Old people are a pain in the ass. Son-of-a-**** are old people, so go out and play with kids your own age."
 patchesdf

Abbotsford has bargain bin Nazis
Posted: 2/10/2007 4:26:47 PM
I was shopping over at London Drugs today and saw we've got Nazis. And really badly dressed ones too. They looked like they slapped together their outfits from cheap halloween costumes bought from Value Village.

Nothing at all like the Nazis I saw march next to Capitol Hill in Washington DC in August of 1977. Those Nazis looked like they could have goose-stepped off a Hollywood set. Those were quality Nazis, when I hit them with fruit I easily ruined a $300 uniform with each shot.

The cheap crap I saw these guys in the mall were wearing, with fake vinyle boots, fake vinyl belts with plastic studs, and some felt hat with an 'SS' emblem on it (that looked like it was put there by magic marer) I bet setting the whole group on fire would probably ruin about 20 bucks worth of crap.

If they want to be a Nazi, make an effort so it's worth it to pound on them. Not just look like some pitiful bum.
 patchesdf
Msg: 15 (view)

DRIVING IN THE SNOW......
Posted: 11/26/2006 11:29:14 PM
I didn't drive, I had to borrow a toboggan from my neighbor so I could go down to the bottom of the hill and use it to haul my groceries back uphill. Nothing on wheels can get up and down this mountain without wrecking, not even tow trucks. The whole damn street was littered with cars and overturned SUV’s all the way down to the bottom. The intersection at the bottom was filled with cars that slid all the way down Townline Road and wrecked into something. On the way down I was passed by an SUV sliding backwards down the hill. It spun around and went into the ditch, nearly turning over.

When I got to the bottom I filled up my toboggan full of groceries and pulled it back uphill with a rope. There's no way I would try driving my car down there.
 Patchesdf

Tackiest place in the world to get married
Posted: 10/17/2006 5:42:59 PM
We've seen them all on TV, but maybe you know of something special besides the Church of Elvis in Las Vegas, or the Horror Church in Niagara Falls. I nominate the top of this thing.

http://img1.travelblog.org/Photos/2347/8209/f/32112-South-Of-The-Border-2-0.jpg

A place called 'South of the Border', south of the North Carolina border, South Carolina (on I-95), USA. This is a beer stand, a really ugly one that just got out of hand somehow.
 patchesdf

You're biggest....
Posted: 9/12/2006 11:42:22 PM
Dying alone and unloved.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 23 (view)

Where were you Sept. 11, 2001?
Posted: 9/12/2006 12:01:18 PM
I was working at MSA General Hospital as an officer in charge of security. My shift started at 3 in the afternoon so I spent the whole day watching the TV. I remember the hospital was in a bit of a panic something could happen to us like some crazy suicide bomber would leap into the emergency room and blow us all up.

I remember somebody asked me outright what is my plan to deal with such an event should it take place, and I looked him right square in the eye and told him "We will die". If somebody wants to kill us badly enough all they have to do is pick up a gun and be determined to see it through. All this nonsense that people expect from us like "Don't you know some special martial arts that magically knock bullets out of the air and dissarm a man?" No. We don't.
 patchesdf
Msg: 3 (view)

Does anyone know how to trace a license plate in BC?
Posted: 9/11/2006 9:06:34 PM
The police will only give me the name of the assailant, not his parents. Not to mention his own name is very common, so just looking him up in the phone book doesn't help either. Using myspace I found three with his name in Abbotsford alone, and I don't even know for sure if he lives in this town.
 patchesdf

Does anyone know how to trace a license plate in BC?
Posted: 9/11/2006 8:53:57 PM
A while ago I posted that I was assaulted by someone vandalizing my neighborhood. They caught and arrested the guy for assault but I intend to file a civil suit. I went to the Information and Privacy Commissioner and they gave me the assailant's name, but they refuse to give his address on the grounds I don't need it for small claims court.

Well I'm not going to small claims court, I want to file a civil suit and my lawyer says we have to have the assailiant's home address to subpoena him. He caused all sorts of damage and I'm trying to organize a civil suit to pay for fixing it all. (The only thing the law is charging him with so far is the assault, not the vandalism.) I do remember the license plate of the car he drove away in, and the police said that car belonged to his parents who he lives with, so if I can find out who that car is registered to I'll have the address I need.

Can anyone help?
 patchesdf
Msg: 7 (view)

Paint ball vandal shot me drive by today in Abbotsford
Posted: 8/28/2006 9:56:52 PM
I want to go on record and say I have nothing against paintball enthusiasts at all. This isn't about paintball guns, this about some spoiled little rich **stard kid raising hell in mumsy and dadsy's car causing all sorts of hell. I've heard from the police the car has been linked to all kinds of vandalism. Throwing rocks into people's houses, tossing pipe bombs into the park, and tearing up people's front lawns. Today he just happened to pick a paint ball gun, and he went down for it, and the whole damn town is better off.
 patchesdf

Paint ball vandal shot me drive by today in Abbotsford
Posted: 8/28/2006 8:26:02 PM
Jesus that's pretty damn selfish and annoying. That sucker actually took some skin off of me. I took a photo of it for the sake of pressing charges. It's uploaded here to an online scrapbook http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38862117/?q=by%3Apatches67+in%3Ascraps+sort%3Atime I was really surprised to find paintball guns can take the skin off of you. Any experts out there want to comment?

Good news, they caught the little **stard. It'll take 12 - 14 months for it to go to court, but at least he's an adult. None of that juvinile nonsense about him getting off so damn easy. I was also pleased to hear when someone commits an offense with such a weapon they get charged the same as though they committed the same crime with a real gun. There's no sub-heading for paint ball gun/lesser charge in the law books.

And that vandal is in a heap of trouble up to his eyebalss. When I was talking to police all sorts of people came out to complain this guy was going on a tear shooting up the whole neighborhood from his car. Well, now he goes to jail for it. I hope I get to meet the squirly little boney-armed prick eye to eye some day. And it won't be because I'm looking for an apology.
 patchesdf

What's a great way to open up to someone?
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:37:41 PM
When someone messages you for the first time what do you like to see? What's right in the header line that catches your attention?
 patchesdf
Msg: 39 (view)

If war broke out here would u join the army ?
Posted: 8/18/2006 5:23:48 PM
Depends who we're fighting.
 patchesdf

What won't you post?
Posted: 8/18/2006 4:41:45 PM
What I truly think of the Bush administration and the conservative online Junta that supports any fascist ideas that follow their policies.
 Patchesdf

GUYS ; F*ck & Chuck??
Posted: 6/12/2006 8:45:17 PM
Honestly, I thought the phrase "F@#& and Chuck" meant something like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT8vdsTLaRE&search=dog%20barf
 patchesdf
Msg: 21 (view)

What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:44:20 AM
It might not be what you think. The Muslim issue is just a bandwagon thing that's too easy to jump on and I don't like jumping on bandwagons. We were highliting a couple of corruption issues, bigotry, and innaction we were parodying of several political players with heavy religious ties across England, France, and Germany. I've been beating away at them for several years but only recently did the German government decide to start pressing criminal charges. I guess because they want to give the impression it's a level playing field because they arrested people doing the same with Muslim images. (Maybe, I don't really know what inspired the recent crackdown. Political satire across Europe has always been hardcore compared to North America.)

The thing is if that's the standard they intend to uphold they'll have to arrest every poltical satirist across the whole of Europe. So I'm contributing to deliberately overload the media to make it an impossible law to enforce if everyone is breaking it. Bad laws should be broken, that's why I supported political dissidence with gay marraiges in America.
 patchesdf
Msg: 22 (view)

Here's a sick one.
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:05:52 AM
If somebody did break up with you for that reason, it's probably for the better. Cheap ****.
 patchesdf
Msg: 18 (view)

What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:02:44 AM
There's a warrant for my arrest in Berlin.

I drew some T-shirts for a political activist who lives in London and he sells them across sourthern England and parts of the Netherlands. He received a cease and dissist order at his distributor in Berlin and warned me that the officials know I'm the artist who drew his shirts (at least partly because I sign my work). I don't have much to worry about unless I actually fly to Berlin and announce my presence to the world.

I didn't know I could be a wanted felon for drawing poltical cartoons. Well, actually I did. It's kind of why I did it. I don't like being told what I can't draw.
 patchesdf
Msg: 27 (view)

perfect
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:07:41 PM
The perfect relationship is where the petty imperfections people have do not impede the relationship in any way.
 patchesdf
Msg: 2 (view)

My family has buried 3 friends in 3 years because of drunk drivers
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:23:03 PM
Only once have I ever been in a car with a drunk driver. IT WAS A CABBIE! As soon as he pulled out he was weaving all over the road like a clown car. I demanded he pull over and told him I was calling the cops on his ass. He said he had just taken some medication that making him weary. I don't give a shit HOW you're innebriated, if you can't keep your head straight you have no business being behind the wheel of a car. It doesn't matter if it's booze, pills, or sleep deprivation you get busted the same for all three.

I also phoned the cab company and gave them shit about the guy with his cab # and all that. What the hell is the point of calling their company if they're going to send me drunk drivers?
 patchesdf
Msg: 92 (view)

Freaking laundry!
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:15:42 PM
You're figuring this out NOW? What are you, twelve?

Cripes, nothing is as embarrassing as seeing a grown man who treats a washing machine like a lost alien artifact that only ordained wizards can make sense of. Sheesh. Thanks for strengthening the stereotype that single men are a bunch of childish helpless domestic-ignorant apes. Really appretiate it.
 patchesdf

My family has buried 3 friends in 3 years because of drunk drivers
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:01:13 PM
My mother has attended the funeral a second close friend killed last week by a drunk driver who was piss drunk at three in the afternoon and killed 73 year old Marcelle. She was on my mother's senior golf team. About two years ago after my mother saw one of my plays that I starred in, the woman that drove her home was killed right after she dropped my mother off at her home. Joyce was killed by a selfish bunch of drunken rednecks who just won a hockey game and celebrated by getting drunk and racing a pickup truck. It crashed at high speed while filled with kegs of beer on their way to a party. The driver had been drinking steadily all afternoon and night. I hear he's out already on probation. None of the idiots riding in the back were seriously hurt. Go figure.

My former boss John Senetza, a very likable man who worked at MSA hospital was killed two years ago in Surrey. The couple of drug addicts who stole a car and collided with him have been in and out of jail several times since the collision. The driver has a license that's under constant suspension and he keeps on getting caught behind the wheel of a stolen car. The law just doesn't see it fit to keep him in jail for some reason.

I lived in toronto for twenty years and never once saw a friend of family member involved in any way with drunk driving or being the victi of one. The Fraser Valley seems to be a wild cowboy open range for people to do whatever the hell they please.

patchesdf
Msg: 177 (view)

What is your weakness when it comes to the opposite sex?
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:26:32 PM
Tall redheads. Especially bookish ones with glasses that pull off that "Closet Dominatrix" look.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 10 (view)

street racers cars being destroyed...for or against?
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:39:38 PM
I'm all for permanently impounding and selling off racers repeatedly used in illegal activities. But I think there are other things we can do to help alleviate racer deaths.

Ban all users below the age of 19 from driving a vehicle that has more than 200 hp. And if they buy a 130 hp Civic which they later beef up to 200+ hp, arrest them and impound the cars. One problem we have is a lot of these kids are driving mummy and daddy's BMW and other vehicles that have 300 hp or more, and it's going to get worse! BMW, Mercedes and even Volkswagon are all coming out with vehicles that have 500 hp and cost less than a H2 Humvee.

I just don't want to see a vehicle with 500 hp in the hands of a 16 year old kid. I just don't. I think we need to put a limit on this, or just outright ban the sale of the vehicles in north America, like they did with the Nissan Skyline (a car built to be boosted to 1000 hp, without breaking the engine).
 Patchesdf
Msg: 39 (view)

your thoughts on when to take down your xmas tree
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:01:25 PM
"I hope I can throw it far enough to make it to the dumpster this year without hitting any parked cars."

Patchesdf
Msg: 22 (view)

Worst way you have ever been broken up with?????
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:56:59 PM
She took my glasses.

She bought them for me as a Christmas present, but we broke up soon after that. We were standing on the platform of Islington subway station and she said she needed to take them back to get a refund.

"Honey! I NEED THOSE!"

And I was abandoned, standing there on a busy subway platform. Blind. I had to call a cop to get me to a phone so I could phone my brother to drive me home.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 56 (view)

What are your Best qualities that you have to offer someone?
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:13:52 PM
Good listening skills.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 10 (view)

What movies have you watched this holiday season?
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:11:07 PM
The only films I've seen in the theatre so far this year was

Zorro (not good at all)
Syriana (a bit slow paced, but extremely well played out)
Harry Potter (very intense monster thriller, a bit of a marathon)

I'm afraid Harry Potter put me off King Kong because I didn't want to follow up a 2 1/2 hour monster marathon with a 3 hour one. But I might see eventually, for sure on DVD.

I need a good light comedy, but not a stupid teenage romp kind.

What I've seen on DVD over Xmas. Mr and Mrs Smith, which I hated. I thought it was way over the top nonsense. Lemony Snicket. Not that engaging, it's a kid's film only. I saw the original Gone In 60 Seconds, and despite the fact it had a thin script and bad acting, it was definitely far more interesting than the remake with Nicholas Cage. Why? An impossibly filmed 40 minute chase scene done in the 70's without a hint of CG graphics or special effects. Just a crazy man in an indestructable Mustang Mach II that wont go down. That rocked.

The very best thing I've seen on DVD and the best film I saw the whole year of 2005 was a hong kong pirated version of Howl's Moving Castle. A jaw droppingly beautiful film. I wouldn't say its for kids, it's a little too melodramatic for children unless they're really mature and sophisticated enough to enjoy a pure fantasy/romance story. There's a few thrills for sure, but the movie doesn't hinge on them.

The most amazing thrill movie I saw this year was the animated "Steamboy" make by the same people who did "Akira". Not too much of a story but more than half the film is an instense wreck. Visual disaster festival with a very warped sense of physics. Definitely not dull.
 Patchesdf

Do you actually read the profiles or just look at the pics?
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:06:53 AM
I read them right clear through word for word. I appretiate it when someone goes to great lengths to describe themselves and try to see if there's anything there in common with myself. Because plenty often there isn't. I'm not much of a "clubber" and there's quite a few girls where going out clubbing is a rather big part of their lives. Small stuff like that that tells you if you're compatable or not.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 27 (view)

Extreme dating....nevermind dinner and a movie...
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:25:57 PM
Who wants to go rock climbing?
 Patchesdf
Msg: 18 (view)

America Doesn't Want Another Clinton
Posted: 12/26/2005 5:17:41 PM
America would be lucky to have another Clinton. They made such a big God damn deal how "corrupt" Bill Clinton was all because he had a blow job. Whoopidy frikkin dee doo. In the meantime conservatives have a US president that considers himself Godly chosen king.

If Canada had a prime minister that did for Canada what Clinton did for America, not only would I be totally cool with him having extra marital affairs, I would personally drive hookers to 22 Sussex Drive (paid for out of my own wallet) and made sure that man's****was sucked. Because he earned it.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 468 (view)

Are you against the War?
Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:28 PM
I protested against the war before the first bomb fell on Baghdad. I never believed that America is on some great grand ****ing crusade to liberate anyone. America looks out for America. And America has gratefully allied itself with some of the most ruthless and oppressive dictators of our time, including Saddam Hussein, for the sake of a convenient relationship. The only thing that changed with Saddam was he was no longer convenient. He made trouble, he threatened the flow of cheap oil. He had to go. If Saddam played his cards right not only would he still be in charge of his country, he'd be America's best friend, and not a single person across the whole country of America, liberal or conservative, couldn't live long enough to give a shit how ruthless a dictator he was.

Just look at Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for proof of that.

I only hope the Republicans win the next election for the White House so they inherit the mess they made of Iraq and don't have any other party to blame for it.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 52 (view)

Am I the only one that doesn't care....
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:29:14 PM
I used to work in a video store. I remember a time when the only way I ever knew the Grey Cup was on was one Sunday a bunch of panicking guys would crash in through the door goinjg

"OOOOOOH GAAAAWD! WHAT'S THE SCOOOORE????"

And I would give them a blank stare.

"Score for what?"

THE GAME! THE GAME! THE GAAAAAME!

"What game? The Brier's Cup? Women lacross? What the f*ck are you going on about?"

Then they'd get all pissy over why don't I have the game on all the TV's. I tell you why, BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE CABLE! That's why you stupid oafs. Those TVs are for advertising videos, nothing else. Just take the damn popcorn and get out.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you really say what you want?
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:18:11 PM
Nope. I err on the side of tact, especially on the first date. I think "You have lovely breasts." is not such a great opening line.
 Patchesdf

OTHER TYPES OF CHRISTIANS ANGELS OR DEVILS
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:13:31 PM
One thing I found interesting about Japanese polytheistic culture is they refer to almost all forms of spirits as "demons". A demon is any spirit that is not human. Whether they commit acts of good or evil is up to them, the choice for them being no diffirent from people. However, almost all of them who choose to interfere with human events are either mischevious or outright evil. Sometimes a demon used to be God that has become corrupt or overcome by rage as certain plagues and disasters were blamed on legends of such monsterous creatures ravaging the lands.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 17 (view)

People who are annoying
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:55:25 PM
The people I really hate are people who think they are as clever as godly-gifted genuises because they found out they can annoy people. Get this "genuises", ANYONE can be annoying, especially if they want to be. All your hard work and efforted can be topped by a mentally handicapped person who thinks they're a drummer.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 9 (view)

Met a guy,He seems so right Yet so different from what I have been looking for Help!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:34:37 PM
Sometimes diffirent is good. Just go with it.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 44 (view)

you know your a loser when...
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:29:35 PM
You let a woman talk you into committing to a celebate relationship to be part of some kind of nonsensical new age spritual nonsense so she can use you as a free baby sitter while she goes out and screws around as much as she wants.

No that it ever happened to me. You know. I'm just saying. That's all.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 21 (view)

what was your favorite pet?
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:31 PM
I owned a black and white tuxedo coloured cat that weighed 30 pounds. She was a long haired kitty which made her look even bigger. She was funny because despite being really overweight she stilled tried doing all the things a normal kitty would do, and fail. Hunted for birds? One time she landed more than a whole foot short when she tried leaping on one. The bird got mad and pecked her in the head before it flew away.

One time she was asleep on the couch when my uncle came to visit. With her head tucked under all you could see was this huge black mass. Mu uncle was about to take a nap on the couch and rest his head on what he thought was a huge pillow. ROWR! Thank God that cat was declawed.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 41 (view)

favorite superhero
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:42:40 PM
She Hulk.

She's a boozer, a bruiser, a big green voluptuous abuser. She's a 6'7'' party gal!

(Good god, she SLEPT WITH JUGGERNAUT, you just can't top that.)
 Patchesdf
Msg: 42 (view)

Dating confusion
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:52:27 PM
Nobody likes nice guys, and for a genuinely good reason. Who's nice? Mr. Roger's is nice. Dave "Who are the people in your neighborhood?" from Sesame Street is nice. Mr. Brady was nice. Ward Cleaver (the father on Leave it to Beaver) was nice. Gilligan was nice. I have it on good authority Neil Hamilton, the man who played cheif commisioner Gordon of Adam West's Batman was one of the nicest human beings in the world, both on and off the set.

NONE of these men inspire great hotbeds of lust in anyone, which is what you want, and there's nothing wrong with that. So forget nice. If your casanova is turning into a Mr Brady, for god's sake dump his ass before he starts designing really ugly 70's duplex's.
 Patchesdf

Competitive Edge - Shopping at the Mall
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:59 PM
I've got a special folder in my mpeg player that's called my "PANIK MIX"

Lost In Space Remix
440 Stop the Rock
Mortal Kombat theme
Conga Fury
Juke Joint Jezebel
Panama
I Wanna Be Sedated
Rock Is Dead
 Patchesdf
Msg: 30 (view)

If you could alter your........
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:32:41 PM
I wish I was smaller and cuter, then I could dress up as roadkill and get a pity vote on my profile.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 41 (view)

Where do you draw the line?
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:18 PM
There is a line that needs to be drawn if someone keeps putting you off. I've been a victim in that in both trying to meet someone, and in established relationships. I was always the one who had to keep pressing to instigate any contact. I kept asking "Are you really committed to this or what?" and always got dodgy answers. So I just stop calling them. I need proof you want to make this happen, so make it happen.

But WHERE do you draw the line? Where's that measuring stick? There just isn't any. If you feel fed up, bail. That's it.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 37 (view)

Buying for your kids this year.
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:21:10 PM
I don't have children, but I have nephews. When I buy presents, I like to be thought of as the fun uncle who doesn't buy boring crap like socks or gloves. Dull dull dull. I get to know them when I visit them. The oldest one, 15, has a BMX he always breaks, so I bought him a portable tool kitt. One likes Harry Potter so I bought him a kids book about the history of Wizards. The other wants to be an engineer, so I bought him Lego. You can't go wrong with Lego.

I'm the fun uncle.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you take pleasure in your EX's downfall?
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:17:13 PM
No. When I found out my EX was getting divorced my first reaction was I genuinely felt bad for her. I think that was a good sign for me too because it meant I emotionally moved on. Just being petty or bitter means part of me is hanging onto something it shouldn't. I don't want that.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 33 (view)

dancing
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:10:44 PM
I would love to learn how to tango. I could have learned for free when I first moved to Abbotsford. They were so desperate for male partners they would have let men in for free just to fill out the couples. Now they abandoned tango lessons altogether in Abbotford. All that's left is line dancing and hip hop.

Show ALL Forums