Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How To Market Our eBook on POF?
 docelffington
Msg: 3 (view)

How To Market Our eBook on POF?
Posted: 9/28/2013 8:14:40 PM
I apologize. Just looking for some direction in the appropriate way to go about it. The marketing link at the bottom of the page didn't seem to be working.
 docelffington
Msg: 6 (view)

any hidden charges after upgrading?
Posted: 9/28/2013 8:10:54 PM
Not necessary, but you're welcome to try.

My wife and I found love on here with the plain ol' simple free profile.

I know that many people think, "you get what you pay for".

But that's not always the case. And I've thought those people should maybe stick with hookers!

Anyway, good luck and try to have some fun with the site. And most off all, be patient and persistent and positive!
 docelffington
Msg: 1 (view)

How To Market Our eBook on POF?
Posted: 9/28/2013 8:06:02 PM
So, my wife and I finally got our first ebook written in our online dating series, "Relationship Readiness".

Just curious if and how we could push it here? It's certainly on topic.
 docelffington
Msg: 43 (view)

Has Online dating become A LOT more difficult?
Posted: 7/5/2012 3:15:39 AM
OP - I think it's gotten easier.

And because it's gotten easier, the ponds have grown, exponentially!

And since it's grown exponentially, many people think they see a smorgasbord of all the people they have to choose from.

This has lead to a lot of unrealistic expectations.

Not to mention those whom think they've entered into hostage negotiations....what with their list of demands and all!

I do think that the recession and the slow climb out of it is a valid point to consider.

And I suppose you could toss in there, the potential negative impacts of other women and their kids coming into and then leaving your kids' lives. But I'm out of my element on that, so I'm not gonna do more than just mention it.

And finally.....maybe all the women in your neck of the woods, that have dated you, are now comparing notes and sharing with those whom haven't dated you.

So, maybe it's easier AND harder all at once?!?!?!?!
 docelffington
Msg: 27 (view)

is online dating self defeating?
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:54:49 AM
I don't see why it's necessarily self-defeating unless you are the self-defeatist type.

Online Dating is just one more tool to add to the arsenal, in your quest for that forever love.

It worked for my wife and I. We both still have our profiles on here.

You should go out and have fun. Do what you like to do.

And when you get home, check your mail and messages.

POF's greatest asset, is that you potentially have everything to gain and nothing to lose!
 docelffington
Msg: 17 (view)

Profession: Stay at home mom
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:39:58 AM
^5

Egg Zactly!

If I made a bunch of assumptions and jumped to conclusions.....

Well, I suppose I wouldn't be married now and I'd prolly still be with the group of people that disbelieved that the online dating thing can and does work!

Silent Steel makes an excellent observation though and I don't know if anyone else caught that (I suspect the regs did though).
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on a person's profile can be used to automatically weed through and sort out the masses.
If you see things on her profile that make you self-disqualify? That works to her benefit!
 docelffington
Msg: 13 (view)

Is being a loner creepy?
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:30:08 AM
You find real gems at the bar, both male and female.

If it's "girls night out"? Don't waste your time....you're not invited.

One key point has already been made by the 1st responder. Confidence.

If you wanna win over a group? Buy them ALL a drink, then don't expect anything in return.

2nd key point is this.........girls just wanna have fun! If you look like you're having a good time and it's interesting to her? She'll try to come join you.

3rd key point is this....DON'T do what all the other guys are doin. You gotta stand out from the crowd.
 docelffington
Msg: 7 (view)

Help finding someone.
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:14:32 AM
I can envision a concept of a branch-off site.

It's call POF's Most Wanted!

OT - You mean to tell me that you didn't have the cojones to ask this chick out or get her phone number. So now you want us to do all the ground work for you?

Ok, but I'm gonna need you full name and address, DOB, SSN (or whatever they use in Canada), and your credit card information.

BTW, I don't work cheaply........especially when POF regs are gettin a creeper vibe from you!
 docelffington
Msg: 16 (view)

Profession: Stay at home mom
Posted: 7/5/2012 2:04:54 AM
You always take a woman with you on a trip because they stash food and will keep you alive in the event something unexpected happens.

This theory has never been dis-proven in my experience.

Sure, "stay at home mom" could mean Stay at Home Wife.

Then again, it could mean that things are tight, but they are getting by. She may have a lot of family and friend support.

But even stay at home moms deserve love and happiness too.

Ease that death-grip up on your wallet until they've proven that it's warranted!

I have a few awesome friends that are single and stay at home moms. And I dunno how they do it either.
 docelffington
Msg: 13 (view)

Women musicians? Play guitar?
Posted: 7/5/2012 1:55:27 AM
Since you're short on responses and my wife is a pianist of the Classical variety, I'll toss my $.02 into the hat.

I have no doubt that there's more femme guitarists in your area than you know. Quite possibly, they have better things to do than do the "forum" thing. The young female guitarists may still be pursuing their passion/dream, while the more mature ones may be pursuing other avenues......possibly even raising a family.

And if they're real serious guitarists? Maybe they've just moved to one of the three major entertainment markets to improve their odds of success and stardom?
 docelffington
Msg: 11 (view)

I lost 40 pounds, what should I put for body type?
Posted: 7/5/2012 1:42:09 AM
The best approach, is to play it conservative and include a full body shot.

Why?

If you oversell and don't live upto it, people will be mad and/or disappointed.

If you undersell then it's always a pleasant surprise.

The most important thing, is to NOT look like you're trying to deceive people. THAT is an instant turn-off.
 docelffington

Questions
Posted: 7/5/2012 1:35:37 AM
Communication styles vary. What you're "used to" and what he's "used to" are obviously different.

Not every guy knows that the trick, is to ask lots of questions and make her do most of the talking.

His social skills may not be as finely tuned. So it's possible that he's just allowing you to offer up what you WANT him to know?!?!?!

If you're not heavily bothered by his style, then ride the wave and see where it leads.

Otherwise, move on.
 docelffington
Msg: 14 (view)

I can't figure him out
Posted: 7/5/2012 1:29:38 AM
It's not your job to figure him out. So quit trying.

You can either give him time and space and go with the flow. Or, you can move on.
 docelffington

Closer
Posted: 7/5/2012 1:25:42 AM
Get a garage door opener. Then, you'll have an opener and a closer all in one!

As for "Closure"............

Mourn the loss of the relationship, try to figure out what you can learn from it, don't just chalk up the outcome to something "all men do", and move on.

Relationships don't always cleanly end. And there's not always any apparent reasons.

In any event, it's time for you to get on with life and love!
 docelffington
Msg: 52 (view)

Today Was Our 6 Month Anniversary
Posted: 7/5/2012 12:44:57 AM
Just thought I'd check in with some words of encouragement. We're still going stronger than ever.

It's easier to say that this doesn't work, to throw your hands up in the air, and give up. And lots of people do exactly that.

It's HARD to keep a positive, upbeat disposition and to be diligent and patient. But that's what it takes.

The longer we're together, to more I'm convinced that we were fated to be together. We just complement each other so perfectly! You just can't rush that kind of connection and relationship. It happens on it's own time, not yours.

So keep your chin up and remain ever optimistic!
 docelffington
Msg: 19 (view)

So, We're Getting Married. But where??? Wedding Ideas???
Posted: 12/7/2011 6:41:54 PM
Well, we did it in Vegas. We went the El Cheapo route too. Justice of the Peace.....on Thanksgiving! Complete with some hangout time at the Fremont Street Experience and a yummy buffet.

Followed up by a honeymoon in sunny Southern California, where the "Six Figure Pinto" was hit and run while parked and we were away!

Oh yeah.....and it was planned at the last minute. We were just going to be passing through. My dad got the call the night before and met us in Vegas.
 DocElffington
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2011 2:00:05 AM
Today we've entered a new phase in our lives. We got MARRIED on Thanksgiving Day, in Las Vegas.
 DocElffington
Msg: 10 (view)

first contact emails is there a method to the madness
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:24:44 PM
yes, there is a method and it's really quite simple.

Be genuine.

And then accept that most people won't be interested.

But you don't need most people.

Just one!
 DocElffington
Msg: 16 (view)

How long do I wait?
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:06:25 PM
you've waited too long already
 DocElffington

Do People Only Use The Internet Now To Meet?
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:58:39 PM
dating at work leads to uncomfortable situations if it don't work out. Bad idea.

A bar is a great place to meet a social alcoholic. But if you're not interested in cig smoke or alcohol? Let alone noisy environments where anonymous men and women grope you?

With that said, the internet and online dating should be an ADDITIONAL tool in your arsenal. Not your sole source.
 DocElffington
Msg: 9 (view)

Nice way to...
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:50:08 PM
I'm flattered, but I'm only interested in friendship with you. Is that ok?"
 docelffington
Msg: 17 (view)

Would you do a background check ?
Posted: 6/26/2011 11:30:56 PM
FrankNStein902 - what if they moved around a lot as a kid and don't remember their 1st pet's name because they had so many pets?

I've never done a background check on anyone and prolly never will.

If I feel as though I can't trust you (which would warrant further investigation, ie; background check), then I already feel as though I shouldn't be around you. I'm not gonna hang around and wait for the results of a background check.

Besides, there's no database for future 1st time offenders.

And a clean record don't mean they're not an a#^hole.
 docelffington
Msg: 18 (view)

Just wondering....
Posted: 6/26/2011 10:47:41 PM
"The truth" as you see it, is not synonymous with Absolute Truth. Invariably, someone will see "the truth" differently than you. So then, you can only tell someone your perspective.

Being straight-forward and not leading someone on is a good thing. Some gus still won't "get it" though.

However, being forward and telling guys you wanna fuk will turn off SOME men!
 DocElffington
Msg: 65 (view)

Old friends = New enemies
Posted: 6/26/2011 9:41:13 PM
First of all. Glad to see bullielover62 back on the forums, though I've largely been absent as well, the past year or so.

Second...why is it that the crazy people think that EVERYONE ELSE is crazy?

Third, it would appear that the OP has a bit of trouble keeping her story straight.
 DocElffington

Wet dreams
Posted: 6/26/2011 8:23:57 PM
Nocturnal emissions are not a universal occurrence in males across the board. I cannot recall ever having one. However, I HAVE had realistic or life-like dreams. And as I understand it, orgasms are an occurrence of the mind.
So If a man were having a realistic and erotic dream. I would not be surprised if he had a nocturnal emission.

That or he was masturbating while you slept!
 DocElffington

Just wondering....
Posted: 6/26/2011 8:10:54 PM
In my experience the "brutally honest" people cannot hack their own medicine, are easily offended and/or get their feelings hurt quickly.

It's not a big deal, so long as you don't mind others lacking tact or sensitivity when addressing you.
 DocElffington
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2011 7:52:29 PM
Have I mentioned how wonderful she is?
 docelffington
Msg: 157 (view)

Why do guys expect intimacy so suddenly?
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:34:07 PM
I'm not buying this whole innocent victim scenario.

The idea that men just snatch you up in a Walmart and cop a feel as they see fit??

C'mon!!!!
 docelffington

Texting
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:22:41 PM
Words can be sarcastic or sweet. It's all in the human cues of the delivery. Most people can't convey the delivery in written word.

So you never know if they're feeling impatient or hanging onto your every words. But the tone in their voice and other cues resolve that instantly.
 docelffington

Changing your name
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:14:18 PM
Personally, I see it as a non-issue unless you MAKE it an issue.

However, if you've been married before, or several times, I think it looks and sounds redneck-y if you just continually hyphenate your collection of last names! Unless of course, you're royalty!
 docelffington
Msg: 12 (view)

Is a flaker worth giving a second chance?
Posted: 6/8/2011 9:08:13 PM
no response, is a response. That should convey how little you mean to her and her level of seriousness!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2011 7:25:50 PM
Listen...........the only thing missing right now?

Is the piece of paper.

And me getting used to calling her my wife!!! THAT'LL take some practice and getting used to. But there's no hesitations on my part! Every day I want to marry her more. And every day she proves to be my match made in fish heaven!!!

Guppy lips!!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 26 (view)

I have preferences, but YOU'RE superficial.
Posted: 3/8/2011 7:18:24 PM
Double standards much?

While I was accused of being "picky", by many women, even on here. My selectivity made my woman feel extra special .

I mean, c'mon guys. How would you feel if a woman told ya that the only reason she chose you was because you're the first of a couple dozen guys that responded? But at any moment, she could receive that better message from a better guy!

I do, however, think there is a fundamental difference between men and womens' perspective. While men are often more interested in the easy catches. Women are often more interested in the not-so-easy catches. But, in both cases, when they feel snubbed because they've been deemed lacking, in meeting the others requirements. Then the object of their interest MUST be too picky!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 30 (view)

Your Plenty of Fish password has expired...
Posted: 1/31/2011 9:45:38 PM
What we noticed with Firefox, is that the top field was being autofilled with the username.

Being blonde and not thinking about it, we paid no attention to this and just filled in the next two boxes.

After a couple of failed attempts, the light bulb came on. I think some people are over-looking the username in the top field too.

So, Ladies and gentleman, your USERNAME should NOT be in ANY of the fields.

OLD PASSWORD

NEW PASSWORD

Re-type NEW PASSWORD.

NOOOOOO USERNAME!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 21 (view)

Site Hacked? Usernames/Passwords/Emails Stolen?
Posted: 1/31/2011 9:18:36 PM
I'm amazed that you people ignore the fact that Markus is a mind-reading alien, stealing your every thought before cyou an ever express them!

Emails stolen???

C'mon! You know you weren't getting any responses to your "read, deleted" messages!

If anything, the cobwebs are now removed from your inbox!

I wonder if Markus ever feels like he's being portrayed as the Dr. Evil of the online dating site world??
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 27 (view)

What's a male gold digger called?
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:16:10 PM
LATE!!!!

the Gold Rush is long since over!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 36 (view)

Are Canadian women more liberal than American woman
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:13:20 PM
This sounds like a geography question.

But I'm not sure if the OP means liberal in the political sense. Liberal carries a lot of different connotations.
I mean, conservatives are liberal on academic ignorance!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 113 (view)

Whatever Happens Happens
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:04:46 PM
Whenever I've heard it uttered I've took it to mean that the person is easy-going and willing to just go with the flow, whatever that may be.
It didn't necessarily mean that sex was on the table. But it also didn't mean that it was off it either!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 18 (view)

Need some advice on what women look for
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:48:35 PM
genuineness
a sense of humor they can get on-board with
a sign that you've ventured away from the infantile stage of selfishness and that you can and want to be a kind and giving person.

And signs that some, as of yet unknown, woman has been cleaning your home!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 39 (view)

What are some of the signs that a woman is taken ?
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:40:38 PM
Is she wearing a T-shirt that says, "I'm with Stupid --->" ???

If not, then there's a high likelihood that she's single!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 73 (view)

Mental Attitude and Dating Success or Failure
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:37:18 PM
I feel as though I've endured an exercise in rhetorical questions.

I mean, I think the OP was asking questions she already knows the answers to.
 JustNotThatIntoYou

Friend keeps asking about my dating life
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:17:54 PM
Anything is possible.

It could be innocuous chit chat.

It could also be a sign that she sees you coming out of your shell and maybe she's interested in the person you're becoming.
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 21 (view)

I don't know what I want in a relationship...
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:12:05 PM
I think people have a tendency to use this statement when they THOUGHT they knew what they wanted in a relationship. But when they started getting what they wanted, it wasn't what they'd expected or anticipated. So they're taken aback and feel they need to re-think this.
I think that, in most cases, they re-affirm what they wanted in the relationship. Just, not with you! You're being kept on a string for the time being.
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2011 4:54:22 PM
That two year mark is just around the corner!
 JustNotThatIntoYou
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2010 12:13:03 AM
OMG!!!

We're only a few short months away from having been together for 2 years!!

No regrets, no looking back, and never more happier with my fishy!!
 justnotthatintoyou
Msg: 33 (view)

Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/28/2010 11:07:42 PM
If a loser like me can do it???

A young buck like yourself should have no problem.

You REALLY need to decide for yourself if you want to settle down with one woman.

Or if you're just looking for someone to fill the loneliness void.

BTW ladies.....damn good men that drive truck and the ones giving us a bad rap both co-exist out on the road. They always have and they always will.

I agree that cellphone and internet should make it easier these days, not to mention video conferencing capabilities.

the better you are at communicating with women, the easier your task will be. But it will still take time. So be patient.
 justnotthatintoyou

Posted: 7/28/2010 10:40:58 PM
Hmmmmm..................

A few interesting ideas.
 justnotthatintoyou
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2010 8:15:06 AM
that log cabin would be a replicated home to a young Laura Ingalls Wilder. Built on the Original foundation and according to her specs (based on her writings).
 justnotthatintoyou
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 7/4/2010 7:02:05 PM
WOW!!!!

Someone remembers my "Six Figure Pinto" !!!

LMAO!!!

Elvis might be a lil TOO cliche.

I'll pass on the midget idea though.
 justnotthatintoyou
Msg: 26 (view)

What's a male gold digger called?
Posted: 7/4/2010 6:47:04 PM
Gold diggers are mining or prospecting.

So Miner or Prospector fits aptly.

However, they're all nothing but Leaches!!!

Show ALL Forums