Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would brothels/cathouses REALLY be that bad??
 UltraFarkistan
Msg: 41 (view)

Would brothels/cathouses REALLY be that bad??
Posted: 7/20/2010 7:18:05 PM
Of course not. I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for over 3 years. Let me tell you straight-up:

1) Prostitution exists in many Islam Countries. Asian girls are popular but blonde Russians are the top.

2) and 'Prostitution' is allowed under Islam. Even Mohammad approved it as long as you do it properly. That's by getting a prostitute, entering into a Nikah Mut'ah, and then sleeping with her before the Nikah Mut'ah ends.
 UltraFarkistan
Msg: 96 (view)

Is living at home with parents such a turn off for dating someone?
Posted: 7/8/2010 10:59:42 PM
Zikoris: how bad was the collection agency job from the job aspect of it? I had a college roommate who got collected on and it wasn't fun (eg. No, Adam is not here at the moment and I am his roommate. No, we're not that kinda of roomate. I don't know when he'll be back and I am not paying his Visa Bill).
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 167 (view)

Why did you get divorced?
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:53:30 PM
My ex wife decided to abandon her life and play World of Warcraft 24/7. She did this for 2 years without anything else. I tried to get her help and everything but she refused.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 5 (view)

would you date a young single mother?
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:25:15 PM
_VIXEN

Since you're a Canadian and I am one, I will give you one good reason. And this is Canada specific so people please do not say "well, it is not this case for me here" if here is not Canada.

Lets say we date for a a year and things go well and we move in together. After a year or two of living together, some issue comes up and lets say we split up. At that point legally I am responsible for child support for your kids under the legal doctrine of estoppel.

What does that mean? Well, lets say you get no child support from the biological dad. Then I can be forced to pay for support by you. Lets say you are getting child support from the biological dad, then you can come after me for additional support (eg. if you get X from him and would get Y from me since I make more then him, you can come after me for Y-X).

In fact, you do not need to do it yourself. If you go on government assistance, you give the right for the government to come after me for child support.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 9 (view)

Is it safe for a man to date a woman with children or should he bail?
Posted: 12/15/2009 1:09:33 PM
No I would never for one good reason. Lets say you date a single mom and get seriously and move in together. Lets say you breakup after a year or two. In Canada, you would be legally on the hook for child support.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 2 (view)

No date straight to relationship
Posted: 12/10/2009 1:59:13 PM
You mean FWM? Friend With Money?
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 230 (view)

Mandatory DNA tests at birth?
Posted: 12/3/2009 10:46:54 PM
I noticed two flaws in your argument:

1) 'many states' - so in some states the woman can put down any guy willy nilly and he automatically gets to pay child support. Way to go man.

2) To fraudulently sign the forms is a crime and punishable in Canada. Bull crap again. Sure its a crime but no one has ever been ever been charged with it even though many woman do it.

Mandatory DNA testing benefits man more then the woman. Hence why more woman are against it then men.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 223 (view)

Mandatory DNA tests at birth?
Posted: 12/3/2009 6:26:24 PM

There's no real downside that I can see for people who're not trying to hide something.

Except the woman who want to leech a man to paying child support for a kid that's not theirs.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 9 (view)

Birthday Lies and Truth - When
Posted: 11/25/2009 5:22:38 PM
Okay, people are getting confused so I'll elaborate.

I was born in October.
My birth certificate (Chinese) - August.
My Chinese government documents - August
My Canadian government documents - August.
My bank says - August
My friends - August
Her - August
My parents - August but we do have a little celebrating in October

Zuglo, the two months was important as the school year cutoff is September 1. So if they kept the October date, it would be next school year vs this one. My uncle had his moved back 4 months (November->July) for the same reason.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2009 6:11:19 AM
She believes the August one. Everything I have put down is always August one: The bank, the government, etc.
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2009 8:25:08 PM
Its fraud but its not. My parents did it with good intentions (as I said, August = School This Year, October = School Next Year). I understand why they did it and I don't blame them or anything.

I do celebrate the one in August, but its a lie and I want to be honest with her before I propose.
 TheFarkistan

Posted: 11/24/2009 7:56:27 PM
jewsley That was from my old profile which I agreed to hide when we started getting serious. I haven't came on since then but I did for this question. I put 'FORUMS ONLY' everywhere but I guess I missed a spot. I've fixed it.

And why not tell people? A lot of issue if I tell everyone as legally on all my documents its the other one. There is no way for me to change it. Imagine the hassle with CPP, EI, HDRC, the government, insurance, etc.

adventurousme57 I'm two months younger. By moving to August I can start school earlier (September 1st is the cut-off for schools in China).
 TheFarkistan
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2009 7:38:40 PM
Okay, I've got a question for my fellow PoF and I want to get an answer. I've meet someone on here two year and half ago and we're fairly serious. I'm thinking of getting engaged to her this Orthodox Christmas (January 7th).

We're been completely honest with each other in the whole relationship. I've told her of my past relationships/breakups and she as well. Our relationship is based on honestly and trust, she trusts me explicitly and I trust her explicitly. However I have lied to her about something and I want to come clean before I get engaged.

First of, let me say that I'm Chinese and I was born in China. The secret is that my birthday (the one that is officially recorded) is not really my birthday. After I was born my parents had the nurse put down an earlier date for my birthday in the official paperwork. The reason they did this was so that I could go to school earlier (October vs August).

I was told of this when I was 12 years old. The only people that know this are my parents, my brother, and like 2 uncles/aunts. My grand parents are all deceased. This was 30 years ago in China. The hospital I was born in no longer exists in China (it was burned down in a fire 12-13 years ago) and even if it did the official paper work would say the August date.

Its not as rare as people think it is, back then in China it was sometimes done. I know of a uncle who had his pushed earlier 3 months as well. We (the family) obviously kept this a secret as it would be a lot of problems.

I feel like I've been lying to her all the time we are together, which I guess I have. However its not easy to change (I have no documentation to prove the later date except the words of my family) and if it ever reached government eyes it would be a major issue for me.

What do you guys recommend? Do I tell her? When do I tell her? And if I do, how? I don't want to have this hanging over me when we get engaged.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 69 (view)

Condoning Atheism.
Posted: 11/16/2009 6:14:50 PM
Why does there have to be God? and why is the Flying Spagetti Monster any less real then so called God?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 20 (view)

What are guys thinking?
Posted: 11/15/2009 9:20:26 PM
All I said was that she had some provactive photos (which she has removed). I'm not saying its right to assume provactive photos = show penis. But that's usuaully what happens, guys think provactive photos = easy. If you don't want that, try to avoid provacative photos.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 19 (view)

What are guys thinking?
Posted: 11/15/2009 9:18:06 PM
I'm not saying its right. But most of her photos on her profile are fairly suggestive.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 4 (view)

What are guys thinking?
Posted: 11/15/2009 5:46:57 PM
1) check your profile photos..
2) same thing could be said of woman gold digging..
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 7 (view)

cheating, how prevalent is it?
Posted: 11/15/2009 3:55:16 PM
Cheating is the more natural state for humans. Get use to it. Monogamy is actually an unnatural state.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 3 (view)

DNA Based Dating
Posted: 11/15/2009 1:59:27 PM
Scotty,

These are professional colleagues, not just smucks. I work in the BioTech/IT field.

I don't know if this is allowed but here's one
ScientificMatch.com
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 64 (view)

A math question: Is there any way to increase your odds when buying lottery tickets?
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:45:20 PM
You forgot 0 and or possibley oo
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 6 (view)

bad first date
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:38:32 PM
Don't worry man, that's not a bad rejection. Wait till you get the no shows, gamers and scammers. Be glad she didn't take you for a chunk of change.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 1 (view)

DNA Based Dating
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:36:47 PM
I just heard this through one of my work contacts and I found it funny. There are now sites offering DNA based dating based matching. Its like eHarmony but instead of a personality test and matching based on criteria of compatibility, its matching based on DNA. To those who think I'm joking, I am not and I've actually verified what he said and they are running.

You have to submit a swab sample to be sequenced when you sign-up and pay the membership fee ($2000 ish). They will also complementary screen you for some common genetic diseases. Supposedly the DNA based matching will ensure better chemistry, sexual compatibility, and children.

I think its crazy, opinion?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 29 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/14/2009 1:45:43 PM
Read above. It was suppose to be today but I never went as there was no point.

I took your advice and ignored everything and kept talking to her. On thrusday, she had a sob story about taking care of her parents in Sudbury and wanted to come to meet me because she liked me. But her car needs repairs and she's short (of course from helping her parents), and asked if I could lend her $600 (by Western Union).
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 49 (view)

Single parents, are they abusing the welfare system?
Posted: 11/13/2009 6:20:03 PM

Most people don't lie on their applications, but rather neglect to inform their caseworker when their income increases.

A lie of omission is still a lie.
 RegnisTheGreat

being ignored
Posted: 11/13/2009 6:18:38 PM
My ex did it, its a power play.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 21 (view)

Ditching a person that's Bad News
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:52:31 PM
Honestly?

"Everyone says you're a loser. Sorry."

P.S. - example #4203924124 of double talk. Woman wants men to be honest but they won't :)
 RegnisTheGreat

MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:51:14 PM
To answer your question,

1) They're not asking direction questions, they're asking general questions as a psychological profile.
2) As much as they do here. A lot more people lie on PoF. I find more people are honest on eHarmony as they have to pay.
3) True, but Dr. Warren is a psychologist. He's got 30 years behind him as a marriage counselor which give him more credibility then you or I or some smuck on PoF.

And honestly, just cause PoF is free it doesn't mean its better. I'm on here and on eHarmony.

There is a saying in Chinese which roughtly translates to "one unit of money, one unit of quality". PoF is free so there is a lot more jackasses, game players, psychos, etc. With some of the pay sites, the fact that you have to pay is an inherent shield against some craziness.
 RegnisTheGreat

North American dating a japanese woman. What do I need to know??
Posted: 11/13/2009 9:41:03 AM
Do not ask her about weird vending machines. Seriously just don't!
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 28 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/13/2009 8:36:08 AM
No I did not lend her $600. That was the sign to me that was was obviously lying and bullshitting. And as for speaking French, for those who don't know Monfort Hospital is the only bilingual hospital in Ottawa and all staff have to be bilingual.

I'm just pissed because I spend 10-12 hours talking to her on IM and on the phone.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 27 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/12/2009 7:45:06 PM
Oh yeah, she will definitely pay me back. She has a good job as a nurse as the Monfort hospital but she doesn't speak good French (this she mentioned when she was talking about borrowing money). God I'm an idiot for actually believing every lie she told me so far.

RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 26 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/12/2009 6:48:12 PM
I apologize to everyone for my impulsiveness and my irrational thinking she was lying, I was a wrong. I been talking to her the last few days and things are going well. I just got off talking to her and putting her on ignore on MSN.

She's in Sudbury now looking after her mom who is very sick. She wants to come meet me for coffee this Saturday but her car just broke, she doesn't have enough to get it fixed as she been helping her mom last few years. She was wondering if I could lend her a few six hundred dollars to have it fixed and wanted me to send it via Western Union.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 12 (view)

Single parent theme in Disney movies
Posted: 11/12/2009 6:40:26 PM
carterscutie85: did you ever read the original Pentamerone variant/basis for the Sleeping Beauty? Or the version of Cinderella with the body cutting and birds pecking eyes?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 15 (view)

Cinderella..But.wheres my prince
Posted: 11/12/2009 6:34:05 PM
1) You're way to old to be Cinderella.
2) Where foot cutting and the birds pecking out the eyes? (reference: the original tale c/o the Grimm Brothers)
3) Or the posioning?

And seriously, its a fairly tale and a badly **stardized Disney version. Life isn't like the fairy tales at all.

Most of what people consider fairy tales are actually fairly brutal stories. If you care to know the roots and the original versions. Probably sleeping beauty is one of the most brutal.

Seriously, live in reality not fantasy.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 8 (view)

Single parent theme in Disney movies
Posted: 11/12/2009 4:26:40 PM

The older, and more traditional Disney movies are based on old fairy tales. These have been handed down through the generations, and to change the stories would be a shame. For further reference, read Grimm's Fairy Tales.

I just read this and you're joking right? Disney **stardizes pretty much all fairy tales.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 24 (view)

Should a potential LTR's FAMILY BACKGROUND make a difference?
Posted: 11/12/2009 3:22:02 PM
The answer is yes it does. My family left China and moved here when I was young. I was 8 at the time and parents were in their late 40s. They had no savings from China (they weren't allowed to bring any out). We lived in a lower middle class household. I never had a lot of toys or stuff, and I really didn't care much. I help around the apartment when I can (eg. I'd come home after school, watch some tv, and then start cooking rice, defrost).

I got my first job at 13/14 (paper route). I worked ever since and finished two university degrees. When I lived at home during university for my first degree (18-23) I paid my parents $400 a month. When I finished school I had something like a few thousand in savings.

I'm not a frugal person by any means, I do spend money when I think its appropriate and needed. I just don't waste money on stuff.

My ex was the opposite. She was on her second degree, paid for by her parents. They rented her a nice one bedroom and paid for her food. She got a TAship (graduate student thing) and spend that on cloths and entertainment. She at the time had over 100 pairs of shoes and something like 30-40 bags. She would buy stuff and wear it once and never do it again (of course she said one day she will). She would get groceries and never eat them and then throw them away when they were bad. No I don't feel like cooking again tonight, lets order out again. Or lets go a nice restaurant.

Couldn't stand it and it was expensive.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 25 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:16:36 PM
I love how you think men who wants to know the truth is a violent stalker. I could say the same thing about woman being lairs, but i won't :)
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 13 (view)

Jon & Kate makes me want to PUKE!!
Posted: 11/11/2009 6:27:15 PM
Of course they are, only people who are greedy would do this. But why ban it? Do you really want a morality police?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 24 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 5:40:41 PM
Consistency my man, consistency.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 23 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 5:23:04 PM
As I said, there a many things which she said that doesn't mesh. There isn't one big gotcha but a lot of little things that just feels odd to me. But I couldn't say definitive that she was lying, but a lot of things were just a little odd. The 3 I posted was just a few of the things that I thought was odd.

Being a scientist, I thought it was something I could definitely prove either way. I guess I was wrong and I'll admit my fault.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 119 (view)

Whats with the harems?
Posted: 11/11/2009 3:29:18 PM

Well, Those women are just paranoid. We are not all like that... I have never come across anything like that. I hope I don't. I would never do a background check on a man and really the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Well, mermaid140 since you're looking for men not woman I doubt you'll have any paranoid woman messaging you . Its good that wouldn't do it and instead trust and rely on building of trust.

Seriously, I learned important lesson: ALWAYS CALL FROM PERSONAL PHONE.

Also, *67 is useless. Repeat after me.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 117 (view)

Whats with the harems?
Posted: 11/11/2009 3:07:21 PM
I had one woman I meet on here, talk for a few weeks on MSN. A week on the phone and then I suggest we do a brunch. She said OK but asked for my address. I was a little worried but whatever (I live in a condo where the box # doesn't correspond 100% to your unit) and I gave ito her. A few days later I got an authorization needed form for a background check including police record. I had fun with that one as I put it into my paper shredder at home and it came out in little strips which I mailed back to the background check place.

Another woman I meet on PoF here I talked to for two weeks on PoF (and IM). We were calling for a week or two and had a brunch arranged for the weekend (hey, fault a guy for loving brunch). On Friday, one of our clients had a major disaster and I was put out on the next flight out to help them after some of the easier solutions failed. For how fast it was, the disaster happened at around 8AM and I was on plane at 3:20PM (and that included 30 minutes spend going home getting some clothes). So before I left for the airport I left her a message from the office (which was my mistake as I should have used my personal phone, but slipped my mine as I was so rushed) saying I had to cancel for the weekend and I apologize, can we schedule for Tuesday. When I got to work Tuesday morning the Administrative Assistant at work (we're a small company of 30 at the time) told me that someone called on Monday and made lot of inquiries about me. I got the callerid/ANI from the system and realized it was her. I called her and asked her about it and denied the whole thing, when I confronted her with the fact that we have her callerid and ANI she admitted it but thought *67 would block callerids (which it does but not ANI).
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 56 (view)

Must have car and job=gold digger?
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:49:28 PM
Why a car? Seriously, I live in the core of a major urban center. I take the transit to work and everywhere I need on a daily basis. If I go somewhere for the weekend, I can rent one.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 115 (view)

Whats with the harems?
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:44:51 PM

I don't know why you guys think us women get "so many emails" and "so much attention" . Honestly, I don't get a ton of emails..

There's been several studies done on this, even polled numbers on this. The vast majority of cases males write the first message.

and learn statistics, just because you don't doesn't mean on average won't doesn't..

And mermaid140, woman are far more pickier then guys are. Has a guy asked you consent for a background check before meeting you yet?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 19 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:58:01 PM
All right, I'll take your advice and ignore it and go. See what happens.

(for those who think I'm paranoid -- I once had a woman I meet on PoF ask me for address, which I gave her, and she acutally send me consent forms for a criminal background check to be filled).
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 18 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:42:08 PM
I double your reading comprehension either, as you missed several things.

1) I'm a huge senators fan and I know the schedule quite well. They were not in Ottawa at the time but on the road travelling, they were not playing that night. My friends and I always catches games if we can.

3) They're still allowed to block access, but only for a certain amount of time - 15 minutes.

I love how you would like us to trust all woman, but woman likes to investigate men to the utmost before meeting.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 17 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:35:55 PM
out_of_time MTS is the ISP.

And as I said, this isn't the reason why I'm suspicious. Read above the 3 reasons why I became suspicious and did some digging into this.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 16 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:13:19 PM
Okay, so what's the advantage of setting a up a proxy in Mantioba (using a home internet provider) to communicate with members on PoF while you're living in Ottawa?
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 15 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:52:11 AM
Okay, here's what else was suspicious and why I started:

1) She mentioned how much she liked the Senators and went to see a game the day before with a friend during a chat once. However the Senators weren't even in Ottawa that day and weren't evening playing that they, they were traveling.

2) She mentioned an ex who died of an heart attack two years ago. A few days later we were talking and somehow it was an car accident. When I asked didn't you say a heart attack, she said it was an heart attack while he was driving and hence the accident.

3) She mentioned last month that she went with a friend from PEI to the Civilization Museum on a Friday and had wonderful time. I asked if she had any trouble getting in and she said no and asked why? (the staff there has been on strike for 2 months now and has been blocking doors and being annoying to all visitors).

RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 14 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:10:47 AM
Typo I meant Saturday. I'll see Saturday what happens, but I doubt she will show. Again, this is not the only reason why I'm suspicious. There was 3-4 other signs that I found odd so I started digging.

and out_of_time READ WILL YOU, I am NOT doing IP 2 location. Geeze, no wonder people are so stupid. Reading comprehension is so low.
 RegnisTheGreat
Msg: 13 (view)

Confront or Ignore
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:21:30 AM
Okay, I'll ignore all my feelings and listen to you guys and see how it goes on Sunday.

Show ALL Forums