Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How do i get fat girls to stop wanted to meet me
 firefly416
Msg: 40 (view)

How do i get fat girls to stop wanted to meet me
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:08:46 PM
Probably because you look fat in your only photo. Some of it could be the coat but I doubt it. I think you should be thrilled if any women at all are actually writing to your short, dull, boring profile. Oh you could learn to use an apostrophe. Lots of women like them.
 firefly416
Msg: 20 (view)

Profile Review Please :) Will do the same for you if needed.
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:00:24 PM
I haven't been in the forums in a while. Gee people sure are grumpy these days. I think your profile is fine. I'd leave in the part about wanting a black guy. Mine says I want a white guy. The only thing I'd change in the deal breakers is just say "smokers" instead of casual or chain. I'm guessing you re-wrote a lot of your profile based on earlier comments. So change your main photo. Not because it's not good but because someone might glance and it and not bother to read because your photo looks familiar. Check your email here every day, it makes your photo come up when men are just browsing.

One thing I'd say is you are at a great time of life. Seriously I'd look at school and school activities rather than on websites which tend to be geared to older people.
 firefly416
Msg: 6 (view)

Review request for an Aussie SeaLady
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:39:20 AM
Diana,
I love your written part. The 5th photo is probably the most clear and I'd use that as the main one You need to replace the blurry ones. I think in the USA we'd say your body was average. Maybe Aussies are just more honest.
 firefly416
Msg: 15 (view)

What's Wrong With My Profile?
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:32:40 AM
The one photo is too dark and people want to see more than one in a variety of settings, clothing and including one or 2 full body shots (with clothes on).

The last line of your profile didn't seem to fit.

Sealady isn't dull, I think she meant her house is not perfectly clean. Now that's a great profile.
 firefly416
Msg: 5 (view)

Advice on my profile appreciated.
Posted: 12/21/2014 12:45:42 PM
I didn't see it earlier but I like it now. Maybe just add more photos.
 firefly416
Msg: 10 (view)

Turning Views/First Messages Into Replies, From the People I'd Like!
Posted: 9/19/2014 1:26:45 PM
I'd use the 4th photo because it's the only one that shows your pretty blue eyes.

I think the problem is women are on here looking for a relationship and are scared off by your "nothing serious". Also you refer a lot to wanting to meet "people" rather than "someone" so the perfect shy girl might just not like the idea of a lot of competition.
 firefly416
Msg: 7 (view)

Profile critique please
Posted: 8/17/2014 9:32:48 AM
Most of your written part was good but a few things made me uncomfortable. As others have pointed out it's not a good thing to compliment your own looks. Makes you sound conceited. I did think there was a possibility you thought you were being funny, but still not a good idea. Then about the beard--I prefer to date men with beards so I'd like a comment that casually mentions your beard stays year-round. The way you phrased it seemed hostile.

I've actually read somewhere (no, don't know where) that men are supposed to look away from the camera. It's not a good idea though. The 2 shots are much too similar to have both included. Yes you were a cute kid but I think it seems silly to include that here. You need a full body shot. Any comments about not liking to have a photo taken always just sounds lazy to me. But if you keep the last sentence, delete the apostrophe. That would be photos.

BTW, I do think you're good-looking but probably wouldn't contact you (in my age range and location) due to the good-looking comment.
 firefly416

Could you please offer some feedback?
Posted: 8/15/2014 9:29:35 PM
I actually like your profile a lot. I can understand why the others said what they did but I think at your age everything you said was appropriate. The photo with Fudge (with or without him) would be best for the main one because we can see your face clearly.

I think it was clear what your "putting out" meant and no one would mistake it for a sexual meaning.

It's nice to see good grammar at any age so good job with the writing.
 firefly416

Profile Reviews
Posted: 8/15/2014 10:43:44 AM
I like your profile. Keep the photos you have but add one head and shoulders shot of you looking into the camera.

Change "I have two children in which they do live with me." to "my two children ages (blank) and (blank) live with me.

I laughed at fixing the computer and taking out the car engine. Can you put the car engine back in? It might be a good place for some humor about whether or not you can get the car back together.
 firefly416

Please review my profile - is it up to scratch?
Posted: 8/15/2014 10:36:26 AM
I didn't read your profile earlier. It's excellent now.
 firefly416

Could you please review my profile?
Posted: 8/11/2014 3:38:27 PM
I like your profile, or at least the idea of your profile a lot. The problem is I'm a straight older woman so I'm not sure men would be as attracted to it. Even if we pretend that you'd like potential new friends of either gender, they can't contact you because you've set your mail settings so only people 55 to 61 can write to you. The other thing is unless the people are here in the forums, we wouldn't be searching for you--I'd be searching for men. Furthermore, POF won't let anyone 14 years younger or older than you (me, anyone) contact you.

The other thing is when someone says being friends would be fine too we do all know that means if the people are attracted to each other, they will date. If they are not, they might be willing to be friends. I'd like friends, I don't have enough of them. But I wouldn't be scanning through women's profiles near me to see if anyone said what you did.

I actually liked what you said about wanting to get back into better shape. I feel the same way. So in other words if we lived in the town, we should be pals.

Now about your profile, I'm not sure it's necessary to delete as much as others suggested. My profile is long. It used to be longer. I deleted a lot of negative things from mine and truthfully it had no effect on the number of people contacting me. Men care about the photos. I do have one photo from 2012 because I haven't been in a kayak since then. I think maybe you should add a couple photos outside. I don't think you need photos with other people.

Good luck. This is much harder than real life. Yeah I know, everyone hopes it will be easier. I meet most men at singles dances or walking with my dogs. I don't mind if you write to me to chat. I took off my mail restrictions in order to be able to contact people here in the forums.
 firefly416

Profile Review Please (From women if possible)
Posted: 7/31/2014 9:13:37 PM

The only thing I really got from it was other people fight fire with fire and you use water. That sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure what the point of saying it was. You look good with Mickey. But the photo after that one is probably best to use as the main one because we can see your face and you're not doing anything silly in it.
 firefly416
Msg: 9 (view)

Newbie seeking profile review
Posted: 7/13/2014 12:48:53 PM
I like your body. Oh sorry, got distracted. I like your profile, hate the user name, like the photos but you do need one closely cropped head and shoulders shot for the main photo.
 firefly416

Why does no one respond
Posted: 7/13/2014 12:41:33 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would write back to you. Short dull boring profile. Nothing in the Interests section, no First Date filled out. And if they read the forums, they'll find your bad attitude. You would be the type to write back to argue with a woman who did bother to say no thanks. If you're not having any fun here, that's easy, go away.
 firefly416
Msg: 11 (view)

My Profile seems flat to me. Any ideas?
Posted: 7/13/2014 12:30:33 PM
I like your profile a lot. Great photos. I think I like the one in the navy blue top the best. The only thing I don't like is the headline.
 firefly416

please review my profile
Posted: 7/13/2014 12:26:09 PM
Bad user name and headline. The white t shirt photo is best for the main one unless you add a similar head and shoulders shot smiling, then use that. Add a few more photos but keep the ones you have.

Kissing. Just no. No one wants to think about how many girls you're kissed to feel that you're good at it. Besides, different women want different kissing styles.

I like the written part.
 firefly416
Msg: 3 (view)

May I ask to review my profile please?
Posted: 7/7/2014 8:32:26 AM
I like the written part. Since you said you're French, I think your English is actually quite good. There are some minor grammar errors but not necessarily more than ones made by English-only speaking people. Just add more photos.
 firefly416
Msg: 13 (view)

Can I have a profile review please ?
Posted: 7/7/2014 8:05:56 AM
I don't understand. You still have the same boring photos with the same odd smirk. Go outside and ask humans to take photos of you. Then you wrote so little that I doubt there is any age at which I would have bothered to write back to you.
 firefly416

Ladies, need your input please :)
Posted: 7/7/2014 8:01:50 AM
Well the reason I wouldn't bother reviewing it is the same reason I wouldn't bother writing back to you if you wrote to me--much too short a profile, especially for someone your age. Perhaps girls in their 20s don't care if a man can't (won't) write but grown ups do. Same with the short list of Interests. It's too bad the only photo that actually shows your face is a little blurry. Nice body.
 firefly416

Not reaching the kind of men I'd like to find
Posted: 7/6/2014 4:08:28 PM
I love the new main photo. Just toss in a sentence about your divorce being final "soon" which you can easily delete after it is. That's a lot better than people who are separated with no intention of taking any final action.
 firefly416
Msg: 3 (view)

Not reaching the kind of men I'd like to find
Posted: 7/6/2014 10:51:43 AM
You are finding the wrong men because in online speak separated and wants to date but nothing serious mean you just want to get laid. In general I don't think men are as scared off by the separated as women are.

Move the first paragraph of your First Date back up to the regular text.
 firefly416

Can I have a profile review please ?
Posted: 7/6/2014 10:46:16 AM
Too many photos that are almost exactly the same in different clothes. If only you'd gone outside and stood (or sat) in different locations.

I assume you are revising your text now because there is nothing there.
 firefly416
Msg: 12 (view)

Review ME Please! Thanks!
Posted: 7/6/2014 10:43:00 AM
I don't think it looks like you want to murder someone in that photo. Just need a bunch more including some smiling ones. Have someone take a picture of you outside with your dog. Strangers have never said no to me when I've asked them to do that with mine.

I'm still not sure after all that if you move furniture in and out of houses or if the houses are physically moving to a different location.

First date is bad.
 firefly416

What is your first impression of me just from my profile?
Posted: 6/29/2014 11:48:04 AM
My very first reaction is that you are not smart enough to have your main photo facing the correct way. Then, you didn't fill out the Interests section. After that you went into your silly rant. The intelligent men you are seeking will be dating someone who knows when to use punctuation and proper grammar and capitalizes I. Leave out the height thing and just don't write back to guys who are not tall enough for you.
 firefly416
Msg: 15 (view)

Being blocked
Posted: 6/28/2014 11:38:05 AM
I don't think I've ever blocked anyone. But your profile has a lot of bad things in it. First, unless you are willing to show current photos, no matter how fat you are currently, no point in being here. The biggest complaint on any dating site is when people meet someone and they do not look like their photos. We don't care what you looked like in 2008, 2010 or 1970.

In your messages, even saying you're attracted can come across as a little pervy in a first message. It's better to mention something they wrote, perhaps comment on a similar Interest you share.

Delete every LOL unless you are a 13 year old girl.

Read some of the male profiles of the reviewers here.
 firefly416
Msg: 2 (view)

Review my profile
Posted: 6/28/2014 10:58:41 AM
Yes you will be very happy to look 50 when you are 60. I'm just going to answer your last question to us. Women like to receive messages that are about 2 sentences long, do not comment on how they look, do not call them beautiful, pretty, sexy, hot and do mention 1 or 2 specific things she wrote. If they didn't write much, maybe find something in their Interests or photos. The longer and mushier your first message, the more likely it is we think you sent the same exact message to 100 women.

For example a sample of a kind of message I'd like to receive would be:
"Wow you sure did write a lot in your profile. My grandmother had a sheltie when I was a child, they are the best dogs. I have a kayak and can borrow another from a friend to take you flat water kayaking. Have you ever been to (fill in name of local place you know).
Mark"

I'm sure others will comment on your profile. I general I find it's best for me to not try to review profiles of people half my age.
 firefly416

Site design
Posted: 6/28/2014 10:26:32 AM
Don't pay for a site here or anywhere else. I'm in several free ones and have tried about 3 paid ones. The paid ones have far fewer possible matches, none who live close enough for me to be interested.
 firefly416

So, is my profile...
Posted: 6/22/2014 3:39:07 PM
I liked the longer profile better but this one is still fine.
 firefly416
Msg: 4 (view)

Review Pls
Posted: 6/22/2014 3:32:12 PM
I like the 4th photo (green striped shirt) best because your eyes are showing.

Even though you'll be losing a lot of guys who can't travel very much due to work, vacation schedules, money, etc. I do think the man you are looking for will know this is about him. So no need to play down the travel.
 firefly416

A helpful profile review
Posted: 6/22/2014 3:26:16 PM
I didn't mind the pole coming out of your head, although flowers coming out of your head might be nicer. I think the selection of photos is nice but you need one good, clear, sharp head and shoulders shot without a hat or sunglasses and a plain background.

Nothing you wrote annoyed me.
 firefly416

Looking for a take-no-prisoners review
Posted: 6/22/2014 3:21:44 PM
Oh thank God, a writer who can actually write! Very nice profile. You know you need photos. I vote for a well-trimmed full beard.
 firefly416

So, is my profile...
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:45:57 AM
It's very well written except perhaps for one sentence which went on for 5 miles. But hey other than that it's good. You did an excellent job of not starting all sentences with "I". I don't want to read one more "laid back down to earth" person or since I've never actually known what it means I don't want to read about one more man looking for that in a woman. What amuses me is the ones who claim to be laid back and then talk about how passionate and driven they are.

My favorite thing was when you said you occasionally fall out of perfectly good airplanes.

Add more photos.
 firefly416

Profile Review please as I am new to online dating
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:29:28 AM
Have you gained or lost a lot of weight between those photos? You look much larger in the one with the sunflowers than in the other photos. I like the one in the red top best.

The bold headings are distracting to me and look like you took the format from some other dating site.
 firefly416

Profile help please...
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:23:40 AM
Since your profile is not long, I'd take out the 2 sentences which refer to one being simple and the other being extended. I don't think you look like you plan to jump off that wall. Add more photos.
 firefly416

Some input on my profile will be appreciated
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:19:38 AM
I like the variety of your photos but you need one clear head and shoulders shot without sunglasses or a hat to use as the main one.

I don't think it's too long. You would have lost me at vegan (can't live without veggie pizza) and lost most people at atheist.

So you need to find a group of atheist vegans.
 firefly416

Review please
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:09:42 AM
Sigh. Someone would have HER head on straight. Other than that the written part is good. You need a standing full length photo. In the one where you are sitting holding the newspaper you look average or thin. But in the other two photos your head looks fat. Maybe it's just the camera angle.
 firefly416

Ready for some constructive criticism
Posted: 6/22/2014 10:05:22 AM
It's just that the photos are too dark. I like the written part and I happen to like to read long profiles. I'd think I'd keep the MD paragraph even if you get a photo in your scooter. No need to say any more about it than you already have. But women will be wondering about personal things that there is no need to say before you meet them. For example, many in your age group will be wanting children which could casually be mentioned in a 2nd date.
 firefly416

Profile Review
Posted: 6/13/2014 11:39:30 AM
Guess you told her.
 firefly416

Profile review please
Posted: 6/13/2014 10:10:38 AM
Add more photos. Fill in the Interests section.
 firefly416

Profile Improvement?
Posted: 6/13/2014 10:07:00 AM
You have a really cute face and beautiful eyes. But I don't think anyone really needs to see all so similar shots of you. Keep a few and take a bunch outside. I'm guessing your body is thin? Undisclosed is usually what very fat people say and is a body type not usually included in searches.

I like the written part.
 firefly416

any advice will be appreciated
Posted: 6/11/2014 9:44:07 AM
Well that was quick.
 firefly416

Hey, check this profile for review
Posted: 6/10/2014 2:31:43 PM
I guess I like the tie testing photo the best. Good to have a head and shoulders shot without sunglasses or a hat for the main one. The others are amusing which is a good thing. I like the written part.
 firefly416
Msg: 8 (view)

Profile Review Request
Posted: 6/9/2014 3:35:56 PM
What they said. Plus now that it's not winter, go take a couple pictures outside so we can see if you are really average or larger than that since winter coats take up a lot of room. Change your status to divorced (unless you weren't ever married to the child's mother).
 firefly416

Any ideas on how to make it sound better?
Posted: 6/9/2014 10:23:47 AM
Use the last photo (where you are disguised as a grown up) for the main one. Crop it closer to your face.
 firefly416
Msg: 18 (view)

Am I doing something wrong?
Posted: 6/9/2014 10:13:10 AM
Your 6th photo is the best--grey-blue with the flowers. Several of the others are too dark to bother being there. Nothing really jumped out at me (either good or bad) in the written part.
 firefly416
Msg: 8 (view)

Is my profile the problem?
Posted: 6/9/2014 9:43:31 AM
I'm voting for removing the photos of the kids. You talk about them so we know you are involved with them. The 7 year old is old enough to take a few photos of you without a hat on your head. In fact, let her take a lot and then pick the few good ones. I would tell you most women don't like to see dead fish. But since you have hunting and fishing as interests, that would stop the same women who don't want to see the dead fish.
 firefly416
Msg: 32 (view)

please review my profile
Posted: 6/9/2014 9:36:23 AM
I think just going outside with your cellphone would be much better than what you have now. There's just not enough light inside. I've also asked strangers in a mall to take some of me around Christmas. The lighting even being inside was brighter than in my house. One of the easier ways to approach strangers for that if you're shy is to look for a family taking turns taking photos of each other. Go over and ask if they'd like you to take one of them. They will say yes and then ask them to take a couple of you.

I got professional shots recently and am using a couple of them here. I have had absolutely no increase in the amount of messages.
 firefly416
Msg: 29 (view)

please review my profile
Posted: 6/8/2014 12:52:12 PM
One person's repulsive is another one's perfect person. If someone told you you're repulsive, don't date that person. Your photos are all too similar. The one you have now is fine for the main one but you should go outside and ask someone (anyone) to take a few photos of you. Go back in and change clothes and do it again. Then pick the best ones to use.

There's one place where you typed women when it should be woman.
 firefly416
Msg: 2 (view)

As soon as they read profile, they stop talking.
Posted: 6/8/2014 12:46:37 PM
You need the main photo to be more sharp and clear than any of the current ones you have. Then go outside and take a few doing something, even if it's just standing near something interesting. The drawing is good but I think they have to all be actual photos.

They written part is short but nothing jumped out at me as being bad and I think perhaps women your age don't really enjoy reading long profiles. We don't really know because women your age tend to be out meeting people in person rather than hanging out online.
 firefly416
Msg: 14 (view)

Any Advice?
Posted: 6/8/2014 12:31:47 PM
I like the Westminster Abbey shot the best because you look best in that one. For the thumbnail, crop it closer to your head and shoulders. The other photos are a nice selection too.

Show ALL Forums