Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Missed message
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 20 (view)

Missed message
Posted: 9/18/2016 9:41:24 AM
I once actually had a “what if” come back to haunt me later… much later. A gal I had a huge crush on in h/s (but was waaaay too shy to ask out, then) contacted me out of the blue, via email, almost 25 years later. We had dated a couple of times during college, but it went nowhere—completely different views on life, no “chemistry” at all.

But evidently, she’d kept me in mind, or on the back burner, or something... and she contacted me when she just turned 40, and recently divorced. She was living in the Bay area (which oddly, I had just left a couple of years before), and I was back in AZ. Sooooo, we tried the proverbial long-distance relationship. I made a few trips up there, we had a few good times, a lot of great, steamy sex, and I got along fine with her kids.

The problem was… we still didn’t have much of anything in common, and didn’t really get along all that well (outside of the bedroom). It did not end well. Huge, expensive lesson learned.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 46 (view)

Spark Chaser vs Sore Topics
Posted: 9/18/2016 9:21:16 AM
Hm. You’re right, of course. I apologize. Not something that should be joked about… and my comment was just for KJ, not anyone else. If you check her posts over in Off Topic, she has been known to digress a bit (as do we all). But again… you’re absolutely right.

I’ve had a long working weekend, and am getting too tired to trust my judgement (obviously). Heading home to sleep.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 117 (view)

Hating troll, face not showing
Posted: 9/18/2016 8:57:01 AM
There you go again with the ranting, and not a shred of reference to back it up. No, I don’t agree with everything BB says, or some others around here, for that matter, but that doesn’t mean that I’m going to attack them personally. That’s the last resort of a small mind, caught without any backing of its hateful opinions. Like your spewings… nothing but nasty, opinionated attacks.

I’d be willing to bet a lot of money that I’ve studied a lot more history than you. And more than that, I put my ass on the line for my country-- which is something I doubt that you could ever say. Amazing how many flag-waving “patriots” there are these days, who just love to rave about how much they “want their country back”, but haven’t done a damn thing for it, other than to call everyone they don’t like “US haters.”

Again—just because you don’t like what someone says, doesn’t mean they “hate the US”, “hate all men”, “love everything Muslim”, or anything else your venomous mind can dream up. And the fact that you keep repeating that mantra tells me that not only have you NOT actually read what they’ve said, but that you’re not really interested in anything but arguing and hurling insults.

And speaking of venom… YOU saying anyone else is full of venom is the most laughable thing I’ve read all week. But by all means, keep it up… this just gets more amusing by the hour…..

:-D
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 114 (view)

Hating troll, face not showing
Posted: 9/18/2016 7:45:01 AM

“a women with a skewed, fabricated view of history, a woman who hates men, hates the US, hates the West.”

Blah, blah, blah… just more of your unsubstantiated ranting, mr no-image, 3rd-or-4th profile. It takes more than vitriolic spewing to convince anyone who doesn’t already agree with your poisonous outlook. You're like so many trolls around here who assume that anyone who disagrees with anything you say is "the enemy" you've been lusting your whole life to hate.

Got any proof… besides the little voices in your head?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 12 (view)

Does this social media post seem desparate, needy or make a person look unattractive
Posted: 9/18/2016 6:29:37 AM
Smart move, Omyj. :-) You'll get over it-- it just takes time. And many cerebral distractions also help.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 44 (view)

Spark Chaser vs Sore Topics
Posted: 9/18/2016 6:20:14 AM
Now, now KayJay… calm down. You can’t tell me that you haven’t digressed from a topic now and then for laughs. ;-)

And what “stereotyping”, btw? Oh, right… “hot widows”. Um… I blame GTO, he did it! He did it!

I gather from another thread/post you’re going to a funeral today? Sorry to hear… keep chin up, you’ve got many years to go. :-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 166 (view)

FEAR the Walking Whiny!
Posted: 9/18/2016 3:53:17 AM
JoVan—finally enough later posts that pof will let me respond:

“But unless all the women in that situation had both the wallets, and all the money, and they were 7' tall, and prone to violence, and rape,
- instead of demure giggles, I don't think it's really comparable.. If you'd been a dirt-poor, and 5' tall man, and hoping that one of the violent, 7' tall women would pick you, to get you away from a life of abject poverty, then you'd have probably been 'shaking your booty' too.”

Agreed, and (redundant) point made. I didn’t say “comparable”, I said similar. If you check some of my other posts, you’ll see that I generally agree with BB about most of her points (just not the general verbosity).

…And I don’t really think that ALL men are “prone to violence and rape”… do you?

Also… if you think that BB would “shake her booty” for anyone’s approval, you haven’t read many of her posts. I don’t always agree with her opinions, but her integrity has my utmost respect. More so than you trying to put words into her mouth… I do believe she’s quite capable of explaining herself, without your emoji-fied cutesiness.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 106 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/18/2016 3:27:38 AM

“Im an atheist and a feminist, moron, isis would hate me.”

Game AND match. :-D

Stick to your guns, BB. I don’t always agree with you (particularly your version of the Japanese before WW2), but I will defend to the death your right to have an educated opinion.

As a veteran, from a family of veterans (4 wars between us), I have always believed that the BEST patriots are the ones who are not afraid to face and identify the country’s faults, and who strive to make it better. All of this “my country right or wrong” crap is what has gotten us into more sh!t than can sometimes be believed.

A few of my favorite quotes:

“Patriotism can be good or bad. Knee-jerk patriotism can be very bad. I'm patriotic almost to the point of self-consciousness, but I love my country the way I love a friend or a child who I would correct if she was going the wrong way. Who I expect the very best from.” - Emmylou Harris

““The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive.” -Thomas Jefferson

“Loyalty to country, always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.” ― Mark Twain

“I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions.” ― George Carlin
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 10 (view)

Does this social media post seem desparate, needy or make a person look unattractive
Posted: 9/18/2016 2:34:46 AM
Stalking, no matter how sincere, is never attractive. The best you can do is to let her know you’re there if she needs a friend. Do not get gushy, it never turns out well.

“I'm moving on but never got a chance to tell her what she meant to me”

That’s not “moving on’, that’s pining.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 2 (view)

Always friend zoned
Posted: 9/18/2016 2:20:37 AM
Well, if you’re for real, I don’t see anything wrong. You seem quite lovely, and interesting. The “666badgurl” doesn’t really seem to match your profile, though. Could be the ones who look are expecting someone rather different? I suppose the Yukon trip might also put off anyone who’s thinking long-term, but that’s pretty minor.

There are bound to be some nature-loving hiker dudes out there in your age group… maybe incorporate that theme into your handle? Just a thought….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot

What's the Worst greak You Ever Kicked ?
Posted: 9/18/2016 2:08:13 AM
^

LOL, Ouija.

Now we know why your current subtitle is “origin of evil”:

http://www.ouijamovie.com/?gclid=CJSpyfLHmM8CFY42gQodz8cLlQ

“"well now i know you didn't lie, so come on, come over here."”

And you didn’t run to him with open arms? Shame on you!

Didn’t the man assure you he was over being immature? What more assurance could you possibly need??

There are some very macho guys around here who will be quite disappointed in you, young lady.

WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 605 (view)

The Birthday Blews
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:40:07 AM
^

I knew a guy with a blow-up doll that did that. She didn’t get many calls, though….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 69 (view)

Are there any sycophants or groupies on this site?
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:25:55 AM
^

Oh, I dunno GTO… I had a gal once tell me “now that was handy, man”…. :-)

“is there any lawyers that are single that wants to meet Hispanic women single for lunch or coffee any professional men that they can box me in pof”

Maybe she needs a lawyer to help with her divorce?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 119 (view)

Who shoud initiate kissing/sex? The man or woman?
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:06:14 AM
^

Sounds like “stalker-logic” to me. That may have flown around 50,000 years ago, when there were only a few hundred Cro-Magnons around. But these days with 7 BILLION people in the world (and climbing), I think there are a few more pressing issues facing “the history of mankind” than whether women are or aren’t willing to hop into bed with every guy who feels entitled to their bodies, just because he’s horny. This is called “civilized thinking”. Maybe put the club away and learn to socialize…?

Believe it or not, if women find you attractive, they will initiate romance and sexuality. And it is soooo much better when it’s their idea, because there’s none of the proverbial seduction-gaming needed. Very juicy, very fun.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 41 (view)

Spark Chaser vs Long Burner
Posted: 9/18/2016 12:42:54 AM

“Dead husbands are my stiffest competition..”

Yeah, that fellow Rigor Mortis is definitely hard to beat…a real stand-up guy, so they say.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 21 (view)

Help appreciated
Posted: 9/17/2016 10:49:20 AM

“thank you for the day and thanks for letting me fight this in my own way.”

Shewy, you make the rest of us look better for your existence, dude. :-)

(I just hope you don’t turn out to be a closet axe-murderer, or somesuch) :-D
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 96 (view)

Some trolls SHOULD cover their faces
Posted: 9/17/2016 10:21:28 AM
What I want to know is how in the hell can that (started 9/13) troll get away with posting four messages in twelve minutes on the same thread, when I get blocked for trying to post “2 in 10”? Is there some exception for the Off Topic forum, or is he just a good (albeit illiterate) hacker?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 121 (view)

Getting my... Sex Life.... off.... the... yawwwn.....zzzzzzz
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:56:53 AM
It's just a 24-hour bug. I'll get over it with a little more vodka.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 119 (view)

Getting my... Sex Life.... off.... the... yawwwn.....zzzzzzz
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:34:32 AM
OH hell… here we go with the “other people have done it so that makes it alright” crap again… just like they said at Nuremberg, or Watergate. This guy’s like a myopic, broken record. “Pity me, I’ve been sooooo loyal, and now I’m soooooo horny.”

Actually, I’m really starting to think that this is just a plant… some college student running a Sociology project to see how far he can keep pushing the same bullsh!t, over and over, until everyone just gives up in disgust.

Does Nataly have a brother?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 87 (view)

Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/17/2016 7:09:07 AM

“All three religions believe that women are to blame for their own rapes.
All three religion believe that "god" was a male, and have only male leaders.
All three religions have imposed their male-dominated "world views", on women, and everyone else, by force.”

Well said. About the only large cult I have any respect for at all these days is Buddhism, since nobody ever went to war for Buddha. (They still have big issues with crowd-mentality and patriarchy, though.)

- - - - - - - - -

Regarding your reply in the “starting to feel afraid” thread (I can’t respond due to the 2-in-10 rule, that only Wassa seems to get around):

Agreed, and point made. I didn’t say “comparable”, I said similar. If you check some of my other posts, you’ll see that I generally agree with BB about most of her points (just not the general verbosity).

…And I don’t really think that ALL men are “prone to violence and rape”… do you?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 17 (view)

Missed message
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:51:09 AM
^

The one about how his hammer is too thor to thuck?
or
“You’re thor?? I can hardly thwallow!”
 WhereforeAndWhyNot

Who shoud initiate insults? The man or woman?
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:14:31 AM
^

…until you tell her that “four way intersection” analogy… then you’d better guard your gonads, son….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 47 (view)

Getting my stuff back from the ex
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:10:34 AM
Hold on a minute... are those YOUR flip-flops, or your ex's? We don't want to get in the middle of any domestic disputes around here....

(coff)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 35 (view)

Divorced vs. Never Married
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:06:09 AM
I think I'm just going to call myself "Martian", and leave it at that.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 48 (view)

Tried to post this on Ask A Guy...Harrassing older men
Posted: 9/17/2016 5:56:49 AM

“If anything women have more tights.”

Well, except in the dance business, maybe…..

“Men crying sexual harassment don't have much success in our society.”

Gee… you don’t suppose… that it just... might... be because it happens to us so much less often? Just maybe?
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 151 (view)

OK, I'm starting to feel guilty
Posted: 9/17/2016 5:33:03 AM
Now, back to where this hijacked topic has wandered:

” Men don’t stop to think what it’s like from the female perspective to be stuck in a smaller body, a receptive impregnable body, maneuvering the world of larger people who constantly use intimidation and deception to get what they want.”

…etc.

You know, BB… you sometimes take a loooong time to get there, but you always make some good, intelligent points.

I have experienced a similar wake-up call when in the Navy in the Philippines. To be an American male with a job in Subic City, at that time, is the closest I’ve ever come to knowing what it must be like to be a good-looking gal in a club in the US. Those girls would POUR themselves all over you, kissing on you, reaching for your crotch (and wallet), telling you whatever they thought you’d want to hear, using every ploy they could come up with to get you to pick them.

The short term goal was money for the night… the long-term goal was hoping they could get some naïve young guy to fall for them and marry them, move them to the ‘states, and eventually bring her family over as well. But the manipulation was endless, and exhausting. Though exciting at first, it got old in a hurry. Pretty soon, our favorite bars were the ones that kept the girls behind a counter, or those with no girls at all.

It may not seem like it if you haven’t experienced it, but it doesn’t take long at all for the “thrill” of being sexually popular to wear off.

Now... I wonder if self-aware robots would feel the same? (sneaking back to the topic)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 150 (view)

OK, I'm starting to feel aroused
Posted: 9/17/2016 5:18:49 AM

“Hell, I think women are freakin' awesome and better than robots.”

And vive la dif·fé·rence !

Although, if you see some of those cuties on that AMC show Humans…. The future may hold many surprises. I’m also thinking of the Jude Law “Gigolo Joe” character in that A.I movie, ladies.

:-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 19 (view)

I never got any sucks and it closed so bad!
Posted: 9/17/2016 4:33:52 AM
“Closure” only works for stab wounds and bullet holes. You caused it-- live with it, get over it, and move on.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 15 (view)

Missed message
Posted: 9/17/2016 3:57:27 AM

“"Cindi nailed it."

No - msg 5 nailed it

Hmmph !

No - msg 13 nailed it.”

Personally I’m voting for message #16.

Well…? We’re waiting………
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 7 (view)

Do you ever look at your neighbors?
Posted: 9/17/2016 3:25:08 AM

“Shows me who is peekin' at me from the Forums.”

Or through that back window shutter by the street, that you always leave intentionally open?? You hussy….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 16 (view)

How do you filter your shirtless suitors?
Posted: 9/17/2016 3:20:19 AM
^

Fishing for those pec-pics again? You’re incorrigible. :-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 106 (view)

What's the Worst Scott You Ever Kicked ?
Posted: 9/17/2016 3:10:50 AM

“Thats my "f*ck you Todd, where ever you are" story”

And the world thanks you for sharing it. :-)

Oh DAMN… there are some real jerks out there (um… pun intended). Hopefully you kicked some sense into him. Back to the comics, Seymour….

Sometimes I wonder how you gals have the patience/nerve to chance it with ANY of us testosterone-vessels. On behalf of the gender, I apologize.

(now, where did I put that fleshlight…?)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 48 (view)

Views on sex toys and place that sell them as a mature (experienced!?) person
Posted: 9/17/2016 2:59:47 AM
^

Talk about burying yourself in your work….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 8 (view)

"Hello" (Goodbye)
Posted: 9/17/2016 2:15:44 AM

“Why be irked what a stranger does as it doesn't physically harm you hmm.”

“these people are strangers, what they say or don't say shouldn't matter that much..”

Ah, c’mon gals… you’ve just sapped the vitriol from about 90% of the ANGRY men on this site! Where’s the fun in that??

How are they supposed to blame women for all of their problems, if they can’t be pissed that you don’t drop everything and cater to their poor li’l damaged egos?

Seriously, OP—listen to the reasonable ladies… OLD isn’t any different than IRL in that respect—strangers don’t owe you anything but the minimum of courtesy (if that). And as has been discussed endlessly in other strings, if you’re not interested in someone-- no reply is the best reply… especially for the “hot” ones who seem to attract a lot of bitter comebacks.

Personally, I get quite a few minimal “hello,” “hey there,” and “hi sexy” (yeah, believe it or not :-) messages here and on another site. I take the same approach as the smarter ladies… I ignore them. If you make the effort for a polite reply, you’re just inviting a nasty retort and/or a prolonged argument.

And if someone can’t be bothered to put at least a paragraph together… then I know it won’t be worth even trying to have a conversation with them, regardless of how they may look, or perform in bed, or whatever. Mission accomplished—they’ve been screened out. If you can’t have a reasonably intelligent conversation, how can you expect to actually get along?

There are plenty of fvck-sites out there for people who only want short term hook-ups…. Let ‘em go there.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 51 (view)

Trying to figure this online dating stuff out.. Getting disappointed.
Posted: 9/13/2016 10:59:20 AM
^

Sounds like a potential “business arrangement”….
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 2117 (view)

Hillary Clinton deletes her emails
Posted: 9/13/2016 10:19:34 AM

“your vote for one of the two major parties is the most powerful vote you have.”

Not as long as that fvcked-up “electoral college” exists…..

At this point in time, the only people you’re really voting for are those in the local elections.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 468 (view)

Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 9/13/2016 5:16:40 AM
"Power is the great aphrodisiac." --Henry Kissenger
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 86 (view)

Being a hippie
Posted: 9/13/2016 3:21:41 AM
^

I think I saw an episode about that on South Park, a few years back.

“Spare change? “Spare change?” “Chaaaaaaaange??”
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 60 (view)

OK, I'm starting to feel sort of plastic
Posted: 9/13/2016 3:16:47 AM

“which is why a former olympian who has impregnated and abandoned numerous women can win "woman of the year" for only wearing a skirt for 6 months....”

To be honest, I also thought that was ridiculous (and I didn’t know or even care much about his/her past). Just reminded me a bit too much about the hideous creature that Michael Jackson allowed himself to morph into, for whatever bizarre reason… and how the headlines about him just never, ever stopped appearing.

But then, pretty much anything about the popular “culture” these days seems ridiculous to me. It wouldn’t surprise me at all, if in a few years, one of these formica Barbies also gets “woman of the year”, if only for the shock publicity value.

But seriously gals (back to topic)-- are you really worried that robotic women are going to take away all the “good” men? Really??
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 66 (view)

Youngest/oldest person you would corrupt?
Posted: 9/13/2016 2:52:06 AM
When I was in my early 20’s I knew a couple of older gals who were interested in me. One of them was 45, and taught me an awful lot about, um, “life”.

But though I was pretty cute back then, to this day I can’t fathom what it was she ever really saw in me. Maybe she had some sort of “teacher complex”? I am grateful for her “lessons”, though. Made me a lot less shy around girls my own age, and women in general.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 29 (view)

Is chemistry effected by how long you wait to meet in person?
Posted: 9/13/2016 2:37:47 AM
Wow, BB, I had no idea. That does explain a lot. Hm. I wouldn’t worry about seeming deceitful, if I were you. The only guys who would think so are probably not worth the effort to care about, anyway. If they don’t care enough to get to know you, they’re just typical jerks.

Frankly, the main pic you had up before was great, (though maybe a little dour). One like that, plus a profiled body shot in something dark, so it’s obvious that obesity is not a factor…and maybe a discrete mention in the profile regarding the “issues” (buried down far enough that only those guys who actually READ the profile would notice) should be enough to do the trick, I would think. Find a way to disclose with humor, and it will actually make some points.

Again, if they don’t give enough of a crap to read about the real you, who gives a sh!t? And if they do read it, they’ll figure out in a hurry that you’re a lot more formidable of mind than any “buxom bimbo”.

Believe me, those of us who care about character and brains are not going to rule someone out for something as shallow as that. And of course, there are plenty of guys who find large gazoonga’s quite attractive. I guess the trick for you is to locate the ones who also have integrity, non? Hang in there (pun intended), he’s out there somewhere…. :-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 33 (view)

Tried to post this on Ask A Guy...Dating older men
Posted: 9/13/2016 1:20:02 AM
^

ROTF!

…not to mention all of that slippery dish soap, all over the place.

On topic: Yes, the first gal I ever lived with was absolutely amazed when I told her that I don’t mind doing dishes, taking out trash, etc. Apparently she had a rather lazy father, who expected his "little woman" to manage everything around the house.

She promptly made a point of learning how to give the best bj’s I’ve ever received. (and of course, I reciprocated ;-)

Not that I was being manipulative…. I would have done the danged dishes anyway, it’s only fair. Housework is a real PITA, and she never shirked about it. The best relationships are equitable. I wouldn’t have expected her to change the oil in the cars, or repair the roof tiles.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 47 (view)

Getting over breaking up
Posted: 9/13/2016 12:51:53 AM
^

Indeed.

“…only death is sudden--everything else has subtle changes and warnings”

Very interesting statement. Of course, some of the picky pof-ers will jump all over that for not accounting for cancer, or emphysema, or whatnot… (sheesh). But insightful point made, regarding relationships. Well said.

“Then, back to fishing :)”

For jelly beans?

:-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 30 (view)

Divorced vs. Never Married
Posted: 9/12/2016 2:17:34 AM

“People tend to believe that what is common knowledge for them, is common knowledge for the rest of the world”

Great thought SD…. And one that resonates through pretty much every POF thread.

Anway... if it really bothers never-married people to say “divorced”…. When you look up the definition, yes, the first thing that come up is dissolution of a marriage. However, semantically it can also just mean “to make or keep (something) separate”, and “a complete separation between two things”.

So if you no longer live with a serious “ex”, you’re not really lying to tell someone you’re divorced. However, it is something that should be discussed pretty early on in the relationship, so as not to appear deceitful. Anyone who’s suffered through a breakup, legal or otherwise, will surely understand and accept that explanation.
 WhereforeandWhyNot
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2016 1:48:11 AM
Um, back to the topic: as I’ve said before, I find a LOT of value in pre-screening people via email. With a bit of skill and patience you can pretty much prod out just about any hidden peccadillos that might cause long-term problems. Since so many people seem to want to HIDE things at first—essentially pretending to be someone other than who they really are, there’s no way I’ll ever charge out to a meeting without using this screening process first.

Personally, I’ve never gone out with a woman who I wouldn’t have enjoyed sharing sex with… it goes with the animal suit we all wear. As long as the DNA fits, it can happen. But as I’ve found out, one time too many, just having fun in bed and on dates is a far cry for being compatible in the long run. And I just don’t have the energy to waste on short-term flings, any longer… I’d rather just be alone, no problemo.

So “chemistry” is very suspect to me. And as I said earlier in this thread, the hormones and chromosomes don’t care if you’re happy—they just want to reproduce.
 WhereforeandWhyNot
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2016 1:45:27 AM
^

Well BB, it looks like the “dumb things” thread you posted in “over 45” just got deleted. That’s a drag. (“Redundant” or not—who gives a crap what members from 10 years ago said about anything? They’re not even here any more!)(sigh)

Anyway, here’s what I was going to say about that one (and it’s even sort of germane to this thread as well :-)

I think, because you’re good looking, you attract a lot of attention, wanted or otherwise. It is the way of the world.

However, your obvious intellect is intimidating to most of the knuckle-draggers… so their testosterone kicks in, and they lash out. Yet another example (in their minds) of how it’s everyone else’s fault that all the gorgeous gals in the world don’t line up to worship them.

Personally, I find it refreshing to see someone who doesn’t just fall back on looks, and actually takes the time to develop her intellect, and think about what she means, rather than just spewing emotional responses… as so many POFers tend to do (including me, lately, with that “endangered sex drive” twit :-/ ).

Even though you can be rather bitter in some of your postings (I gather you’ve been mistreated, a time or two), your postings are always quite incisive, and thought-provoking. This puts you in a category apart from, probably, 75% of the population (if not more). It’s going to take some time for you to find someone on a par with your level of thought.

Anyway, as you said:

“In the age of hitachi wands and women's suffrage, I don't NEED to put up with this crap”

I don’t have any doubts that you can handily deal with the crap you get from the Neanderthal types, but as AintNo said (in his own inimitable fashion), you are displaying an image different than what your intent seems to be. And perhaps the near-cleavage shot isn’t quite the “bare bones” profile you want to present? Just a thought….

Perhaps you should try some other sites… maybe ones catering to the Mensa-type crowd? Hang in there, it’s a big world-- there’s got to be someone out there who can keep you happy, and interested. :-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 462 (view)

Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 9/12/2016 12:41:32 AM
^
LJ: (quote from another of your postings):

“I was left to conclude that I must be unattractive.”

You’re not. Quite the opposite. But I also think that you know that. ;-)

And I seriously doubt that you are being “ignored”… more likely, you’re higher standards shine through in your profile and forum posts, and you’ve therefore just preemptively screened out those that probably wouldn’t have been a good match, anyway.

OLD certainly does make it a lot easier for creeps and jerks to get their shots in, though. Much easier than buying a raincoat and hanging out in subway tunnels :-D And there’s a lot of damaged (and/or still-healing) souls around here, venting and interacting and generally using the safety of the internet to try to deal with their issues… sometimes by trying to help others, sometimes by asking for help, and sometimes by just lashing out and venting their frustrations at whomever trips their switch.

You’ve got to have a thick skin, to be sure. And patience. AND a sense of humor. But it’s only a matter of time until a lovely gal like you finds the right guy. Have you tried other OLD sites besides POF? Others have quite different formats, strengths and drawbacks. If nothing else, it makes for something to do in the wee hours on those occasional sleepless nights…. :-)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 59 (view)

Keeping his ego up his a$$
Posted: 9/11/2016 8:40:14 AM
Creepy is as creepy does. This guy is so wrapped up in his own egotistical, horny perspective, he can’t even fathom why he’s not getting the validation he craves. Apparently he thought this would be like Craig’s List, or Ashley Madison, or Sleazebags-R-Us, or whatever.

“But, remember, I'm in a 20 year, faithful, LTR”

Kee-ripes, what a myopic, oblivious twit.

Go find yourself a massage parlor and get your rocks off, jerk.... and then go home and let that poor woman off the hook, and get out of her life, already.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 21 (view)

Can some SMART girl please explain to me what the problem is..?
Posted: 9/11/2016 8:06:59 AM
^

Well, he’s had 8 years to think about it, so…..
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 13 (view)

Insight
Posted: 9/11/2016 6:15:13 AM
Is it just me, or does the OP look like Dee's little sister?

Show ALL Forums