Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Serious advice for a serious guy.
 mookab
Msg: 33 (view)

Serious advice for a serious guy.
Posted: 1/24/2011 10:40:50 AM
You could try smiling....

mookab
Msg: 55 (view)

Too many women to please
Posted: 1/2/2011 12:08:12 PM
Don't compete with his daughter.

You'll lose. Aptly.
 mookab
Msg: 57 (view)

No success for me?
Posted: 1/2/2011 11:29:07 AM
Since i'm so braindead for ideas, maybe a game of "I rather" is in order. Okay, i'll start:
- i have no idea what i am doing with this.

Are simply describing yourself or are you looking for a guy that has similar tastes to your list here?

As for the semi-whatever you're looking for, you meet those type of people every single day of your life. That's probably not what you're looking for.
 mookab
Msg: 4 (view)

Am I my own worst enemy?
Posted: 5/31/2010 11:16:12 PM
If you're really interested in spending the rest of your life with this man, here is some advice:

1. Stop being paranoid. You invaded his privacy snooping around and still found nothing. He obviously didn't tell you about it because he knew you'd have a problem with it even if nothing is going on.
2. Tell him what you did.
3. Apologize.
4. Explain to him why you did it.
5. See if he forgives you.

This all assuming your BF doesn't have a history of cheating or dishonesty.

I can only see this getting worse if you get married. sorry... but truth be told. its a car wreck waiting to happen.
Agreed. Doesn't look good.
 mookab
Msg: 2 (view)

Am I the only one completely lost in the world of dating?
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:21:38 PM
Sounds like you have a problem with intimacy.

You're going to have to break your habits if you want to see a change. To start, forget about her signals and stop trying to figure out if she's interested in you.

Focus on how you feel about her.
 mookab
Msg: 4 (view)

Tell him how I feel or shut my pie hole?
Posted: 11/11/2009 5:46:24 PM
He knows how you feel.

Expand on it only if you don't mind risking your friendship.

The potential for a relationship or that relationship working out is very slim. Keep that in mind.
 mookab
Msg: 6 (view)

A question about personality
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:23:59 PM
That sounds like kind of a generic question that doesn't mean much to you specifically. How many guys prefer it, to an outgoing bubbly personality? I'm sure there are some that do. Don't see how that helps you though. Are you going to transform into a different person if the answer was that every guy in the world wants an outgoing girl?

Nothing wrong with being introverted, that you're not into partying, quiet, or deep-thinking. Its not like you're saying you're mean or **** for example. Don't trust easily is a bad sign though. Try and be a little more approachable.

I notice in your small list here of interests there is no mention of sharing any of those activities with someone else. Wouldn't you like to share some of your activities with someone? Watch the news and eat a good meal with good company? Try and focus on that. Hell, ask someone if they want to watch the news with you. I'd laugh and say yes.
 mookab
Msg: 13 (view)

How do I get myself, to give myself, permission to let this go...?
Posted: 9/21/2009 5:19:36 PM
How do you give yourself permission? Do you have a personality disorder?

If you wanted to do something, then you'd do it. You obviously don't want to let him go.

Instead of asking how, you need to ask why.
 mookab
Msg: 30 (view)

Why do women fall for players?
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:58:58 PM
They wouldn't be players if women didn't fall for them now, would they?
 mookab
Msg: 39 (view)

being blown off
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:09:23 PM
Sorry, OP.
To answer your question, you don't want to know why and whatever answer he gives probably won't be helpful. So you should just try and move on.

I am sure there are some women on POF who are just as bad as some of the men on here....no one is perfect, but why get offended by something I say if you don't feel it applies to you?????
Most women have no sense of humor either, sheesh.

I can do this all night.

In future, when you say something so obviously stupid and unfounded, a simple apology would be appropriate.
 mookab
Msg: 32 (view)

being blown off
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:36:23 PM

Well I didn't say all....I said most and if you were offended by that and think I ma a biotch for stating my opinion than it must of hit a nerve, hmmmmm, maybe you should be placed in that category of men and being called on it upsets you....oh well! Have a wonderful day!
Don't worry, we don't think you're a **** for stating your opinion.

Its because you're a women and most of you are ****es.
 mookab
Msg: 17 (view)

So yeah um, I'm a bit lost...
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:13:54 PM
It means he doesn't want a relationship.
 mookab
Msg: 6 (view)

what in the world am i doing wrong here...
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:31:30 AM
It could be the quality of guys you are picking, but without knowing them its hard to make a conclusion there.

You're confusing married with 8 children and "settling down." To some people, many people, being in a relationship is "settling down."

"you are definately the one I would like to settle down with, but i just can't settle down now."
Translation, you are a good girl, there's nothing wrong with you, but I don't want to date you anymore.
 mookab
Msg: 3 (view)

About being a Christian
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:25:35 PM
Most likely people want to know if you'll date someone who isn't Christian, doesn't believe in God, or isn't very religious.
 mookab
Msg: 13 (view)

Should I wait??
Posted: 7/14/2009 3:57:23 PM
If he was in love with you, would you like one his friends hanging around him all the time hoping he will dump you and be with her?

If you're going to be a friend, then be a real friend and don't make his life difficult.

When he's single, then go for it, but in the mean time give someone else a chance.
 mookab
Msg: 5 (view)

Advice needed please
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:15:01 PM

Is there a way things could work? or should i just let him go?
Is it working? Sure sounds like it isn't.

So why try and work it out when you don't even like the guy that much?
 mookab
Msg: 18 (view)

Help me grow up from the Nice Guy please?
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:35:39 PM
The problem here is that I find that more often than not I fail to attract someone I'm attracted to beyond a friendship. Friends are great, but it's a bummer if that's (just) about all you ever get.
This sounds like your problem. Do these girls know you're interested in them?

Try asking them out on a date. If nothing romantic comes from it and you two end up being friends, then that's ok. At least there won't be that giant elephant in the room about how you're secretly in love with her. She'll be much more open in helping you out in your love life or setting you up with one of her friends. And hey, when you do find someone, she might get jealous.

People are telling you to be yourself and have confidence. That doesn't mean you should stroll up to the next cute girl you see and tell her you fantasize all night about Queen Amidala.

That means if you're a nice guy who makes friends easily then make sure she knows that. If you can relay that about yourself without directly telling her then all the better. I'm lost on the touchy feely stuff you're talking about, honestly that sounds weird.

But remember, nothing is going to help you if you can't find a way to ask the girl out in the first place. Work on that first.
 mookab
Msg: 9 (view)

problems with girl from work
Posted: 4/8/2009 6:57:02 PM
Holy crap dude.

It hasn't crossed your mind that these people and this girl don't want to hang out with you?
 mookab
Msg: 15 (view)

Not a good question, very weird,but here goes?
Posted: 4/8/2009 4:54:06 PM
Let me understand first.

-Men are shallow and insecure.

-You are not looking for a chance to rant.

-You have seen girls upset from " stolen lack of respect?"

-Not pretty, but the prettiest girls are ignored.

-Arab men aren't serious about marriage and have multiple wives and pretty girls are stuck with them.

-The pretty girls wonder what's wrong with them because boys who bullied them in highschool marry their friends.

-The pretty women are the ones with confidence and self-esteem problems from all the harsh treatment and insults.

And you want to know my idea on this? Are you sure?
 mookab
Msg: 15 (view)

More of a sociology question but...
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:32:01 PM
Go read Brave New World by Huxley.

You will enjoy it.
 MookaB
Msg: 8 (view)

what do u think?
Posted: 2/16/2009 6:29:33 PM
Always follow your gut.

Don't mistake it for your brain though, it does not think.

Show ALL Forums