Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Worst Date. Ever.
 once around the moon
Msg: 18 (view)

Worst Date. Ever.
Posted: 7/24/2009 12:20:39 PM
i'm crying, because that was hilarious. i'm sorry you went through that, but you did put yourself in that situation. but damn....
 once around the moon
Msg: 28 (view)

Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:56:13 AM
life is too short to waste time on those who don't know what they want

i couldn't agree more.

edit: but i would think it were strange if a guy i was talking to wanted to go on a vacation or get married after only a few days of getting to know one another. one because i'm not interested in marriage and make that pretty clear. and two because it would tell me there is something a little off about their judgment and how they build relationships. if it has been a few weeks or even a few months, and the feelings were mutual then i don't think it would scare me off.
 once around the moon
Msg: 18 (view)

Profile makes you want to run away!!
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:27:58 PM
to the one about "i don't want fat people" i think that is fair. some people are extremely warped and still believe that they ARE in shape even though they're obviously overweight. to me, in those cases, flat out "i don't want fat people" is the best way because there shouldn't be any confusion as to what fat means. and the same goes for the short one too, warped sense of height too.

once around the moon
Msg: 1147 (view)

If someone emails you with misspelled words and bad grammar, do you respond?
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:02:40 AM
hell no! it's so tacky and makes me think the person is completely uneducated. shorthand, bad grammar, whatever the heck it is simply lazy! basic English people, geez!
 once around the moon
Msg: 6 (view)

Is it common to date multiple people at once?
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:27:03 AM
I don't think I'd want to date someone who is dating others "casually." Because most people seem to have completely different definitions of the word "casual" and "date." I try to take into account that sex is usually involved in most relationships and I don't care what others do with their body in regards to their sexual health, but taking a chance on a person who dates others casually would leave me think I'm taking a chance with my sexual health. It just seems too open and not responsible. I can't even wrap my head around the thought of feelings and emotions, because I don't see how dating multiple people at one time is truly going to help someone develop feelings for one of those people.
 once around the moon
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:20:59 AM
Hmm, have you been to California? Or more specifically Southern California?

It isn't just a few, it's the majority. So until the majority of men here stop being ignorant, racist a$$holes, I see no reason to change my profile. In fact, I don't even see it as negative. But I digress. I forget that being outspoken, straightforward, and knowing what I want is consider b!tchy and negative to a "man."

Namaste.
 once around the moon
Msg: 226 (view)

If you're single and not dating, what's your reason?
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:28:14 PM
Lack of worthwhile men in my area.
 once around the moon
Msg: 3 (view)

Girls can I get your opinion
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:38:41 PM
You talk a lot about what you like and love, but - unless I missed it- you dont really mention what you look for in others or what you like in others.
 once around the moon
Msg: 7 (view)

I suppose constructive criticism never hurts.
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:37:14 PM
I agree with lily. Even your response to her opinion on your profile was arrogant but in that condescending way someone says something when they feel insulted or their ego is hurt. Regardless, good luck to you.
 once around the moon

Profile review - be brutally honest
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:33:41 PM
I agree with mayanimal and you go first. You seem really interesting but like you go first mentioned the traveling a lot makes you seem unaccessible. But I suppose you can't help what your career calls for.
 once around the moon
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:22:49 PM
A ****, another interesting one.

I wish I had the time to post some of the racially ignorant messages I got when I first joined and unfortunately still get, but I don't. I highly doubt you get them, so maybe that's why you'd see me as a ****. Duly noted.

Thanks!
 once around the moon

Profile Review
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:01:45 PM
I dont think removing those filters will help. In fact I put them up because of the large amount of really gross and ignorant messages I was getting.

Hmm snobbish. Interesting.

once around the moon
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:01:18 PM
OK. So I would like to know how I come off to others. I have changed my profile a few times since joining this site and this is the first time I'm asking for a review. I am definitely open to comments.
 once around the moon
Msg: 198 (view)

Your Worst Kissing Experience
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:42:12 PM
Um I can top that!

This guy leaned in and starting to kiss me, FORCED his tongue into my mouth and then proceeded to swish it around like a fish out of water! I jumped backwards and yelled, "What the hell is that?" I never kissed him nor went on a date with him again. Eh, grossing me out just remembering it.
 once around the moon
Msg: 43 (view)

Do you still have faith in love?
Posted: 3/7/2009 9:09:32 AM
No.

Absolutely not. :/

Show ALL Forums