Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Whatever happened to humility?
 c3sparling
Msg: 39 (view)

Whatever happened to humility?
Posted: 1/25/2010 7:24:10 PM
yep i agree 100 % about this mr op. its obviously a narsacistic thing. i personally think ppl who act this way seek more attention then anything. like hey look at me.

the real problem is its on both sides of the gender. im just baffled at why ppl act this way.
i never was much of a person to go thru alot of profiles, tho the ones i do i read. its just staggering at how many women/men will throw pictures up their of them in a bikini or flexing with out a shirt on.

the truth tho is it takes all kinds to make the world go round. personally ppl who are so obssed about themselves i tend to stay clear of.
 c3sparling
Msg: 21 (view)

Quick Reply or Full Email?
Posted: 1/25/2010 7:18:19 PM
i think the quick reply has its issues. the big issue i see with this is it gives ppl an easy cop out to not having to actually read the profile to get to know if you and that person have anything in common.

instead its bam right there next to the image basicly saying, hey am i good looking enough dont read my profile just send me a quick message.

the saddest part is it really does show that a person looks at image and decides mased on that. cause if you actually do read the profile and so on so forth, you will be right at the button to contact the person.
 c3sparling
Msg: 99 (view)

Texting while on a date
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:16:10 AM
maybe his friend is having issues and hes trying to help. im sorry but welcome to the age of technology.

personally i would never do this. that dosnt mean that some ppl dont value thre friends alot. and its been proven that men tend to have more female friends then male friends. so the female part isnt really all that amazing or anythign to be jelous over. tho you state you wernt.

we all have little quircks that bug us. this happens to be one of yours. tho leaving yoru cell phone on at home is kinda dumb and a waste of money. what is the point of having a home phone then.
 c3sparling
Msg: 9 (view)

Playstation 3 network ID's & XBOX 360 gamertags
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:50:26 AM
some of that is true, except for the building a computer for less then the cost of an xbox360 or ps3. xbox 360s in canada are going for just over 300 and same with ps3's. if you can put together a computer for less then that, that runs the exact same console titles at full graphics. you would be stealing most of the parts. because most video cards nowdays that can process the same kind of graphic detail as console are going for like 200. and thats just the video card.
 c3sparling
Msg: 7 (view)

Playstation 3 network ID's & XBOX 360 gamertags
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:17:38 AM
i read pretty much all of this, but both sides have an advantage.

first and foremost consoles dont requier that you upgrade your console to play a game.
everything is being put on hard drive so save cards are a thing of the past.
and for the most part the games on console in the end look better. because they dont really have alot of graphic option. so games are set to a standard on console.

pc games are a bit different tho. most of the time these new games that come out are so system heavy, you have no choice but to go out and spend unessacary ammounts of cash just to play one game. to find out that your video card isnt on the support list of another title. ppl who like pc games, tend to in the end spend more money to get not much better graphics out of the same console port to pc.

i have been doing alot of looking into this. just a few examples.

i have been playing the incredible hulk for the pc. and still playing incredible hulk: ultimate destruction. and yet the 2008 pc version lacks any kind of video options minus res control, no controller support, graphics are behind date. and pplhave shown screenshots that show ps3 screens.

far cry instincts looks 10 times better on the xbox 360 then the pc. ive seen all the screens and comparisons.

sadly pc game companys force you to upgrade to play. but console does not requier this kind of heavy money consumption. each has its place. but yes wow is pretty much the biggest title on pc right now. compared to hundreds of online games on console. that are being played online. and no consoles are not dominated by youth. you provide no statistics to prove this wild assumption. im 32 and i love my xbox and x360.
 c3sparling
Msg: 51 (view)

Even Microsoft thinks Vista sucks
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:26:08 PM
vista is broken period. the few users that dont run into problems isnt because vista works for them. but because the driver companys for there perherials actually did work on the drivers. for the majority tho vista is way to buggy.

my brother went and bought a whole new system the works. atis cross fire card combo and his video locks up all the time.

i bought a laptop and it had the vista restore type feature cause its a laptop. and i have had nothing but trouble with it.

if you notice you can log onto vista when you power up and find anywhere from 2 - 5 updates a day. thats gotta tell ya something. the problem is they hurryed vista out and now they are regreting it.

all this security in vista is a little excessive and for the most part if your not computer savy, your gonna have a lot of problems getting around permissions and crap. not to mention its networking interface with xp is a bit clunky, half the time your computer that runs xp wont see the vista machine or vice versa. you have to change alot of settings for it to actually see and wireless is a pain in the butt to configure properly.
 c3sparling
Msg: 34 (view)

PS3 vrs. XBOX 360
Posted: 3/29/2008 12:41:32 PM
i think the real subject here isnt weather the xbox 360 overheats still. cause in a well ventalated room it works fine.

now to the subject. media types are kinda irellevant. who cares if its on hd-dvd or blue ray. you dont pay for the media you pay for the game itself and its content. so the media its on is kinda pointless to argue about.

you have to look at the upsides and downsides of the machines themselves.

ps3 has a great controller and has kept the same desgin for quite some time. and also the controllers are pretty much backwards compatible. but the price of the ps3 is a real downer. the game sellection is decent . but the ps3 is mostly geared towards ppl who love rpg's.

xbox 360s controller is a bit bulky but has better button function. the library of games is already set in stone so you can pick up a 360 for a decent price with a large sellection of games. the lack of rpgs isnt a big thing as its a personall preference if you like rpgs or fps. the 360 has fps in spades. and if im correct far cry is a xbox only title. not to mention the new fable is coming out soon. and yes for all those halo fans you got the halo 3.

so it more breaks down to wich game style you prefere not weather the machine overheats, cause most machines have a 3 year warrenty and if i dies from overheating they have no choice but to honor the warrenty.
 c3sparling
Msg: 21 (view)

Can Linux Take Over the Desktop?
Posted: 1/14/2008 9:28:34 PM
i think it breaks down to the simple term of preference. to me no linux ill never over take on desktop then ms. let me explain why i think that.

weather ppl want to admit it or not. computers have become nothing more then a more intricate tv.

sure there is alot of ppl that use it for corprate use and commerical. but lets face facts. thre is far mroe computers in homes being used for gaming then any other aspect of its original function. and hands down ms has thre os set up for gaming more then linux. as one person stated there friend took forever to install quake 4. pls dont come to me with this wine crap. wine sucks. basicly you take a program meant to run in ms format os. then you incorporate it into a linux based enviroment such as wine. so basicly your taking a program that is already glitchy such as most games for pc desktops, and then creating an emulator to try and get te code to work efficantly on a linux pc.

emulation tho it may work never does what its supposed to do 100% of the time. your lucky to get even half efficany out of wine for most pc desktop programs.

as for how long windows can run without being reinstalled. it is possible to have yoour xp on oru system without formatting for years why. because you simply try and base it on the fact that just because you amy visit sites that have imbeded spyware, viruses, maleware so on so forth. that the rest of the populace is going to do the same exact thing as you.
 c3sparling
Msg: 10 (view)

World of Warcraft
Posted: 12/14/2007 8:16:30 AM
i play wow and love it. wont ever change to a diff mmorpg.
ill do this a different way instead of saying wich i have ill just give a link from the armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Psychopath
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Zeel
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Bandaldren
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Chryodude

i aint played my pally much as i got bored of it at 31. but i love playing my warrior and hunter. but really getting into the shaman. im not on right now till the end of the month as i take the christmas month off cause its just to hectic.
 c3sparling
Msg: 2 (view)

Has anyone ever been helped by a message board
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:53:17 AM
yep i think i agree. no matter how much you wish to seek an answer for a question. ppl always try to take a thread in there own little direction. no real answer comes from it hence no real different way of thinking. because no matter how much ppl want to help. a large majority will only take from personal experience, and not what seems to be common sense.
 c3sparling

Win2kPro, will it work on a new blanked computer?
Posted: 12/13/2007 11:03:15 PM
yes you will actually run into loads of issues. mostly because alot of the computer compnents that are made today dont have drivers for older operating systems.

lets make an example. you go out spend a butt load of money on a put together that you design. and say you get the crossfire video card in it. there is no such thing as a windows 2000 driver for that card.

computers desgined nowdays are basicly desgined around vista. even some computers may no thave support already for xp as its going aol.

i suggest just getting a new pc and getting vista. i knwo it sucks but eventually even xp wont be supported. and its never good to stay behind in times. i have a pc with xp and a laptop with vista, and tho i hate vista and its rather ummmm lackluster ability to do anything other then be a great way to waste money. when xp goes aol vista will be the only thing left. not to mention all the web interface stuff that will requier ie 7 such as java.
 c3sparling
Msg: 231 (view)

Abused Men
Posted: 12/13/2007 10:28:47 PM
i have a friend thats somewhat in the sitaution right now. and i would say something to him, but she would find out and prolly smash my skull in. they got married and like 5 years laters low and behold shes dating someone behind his back.

i think he knows but hes kinda to scared to do anything say anything or even leave.

now im not one sided i think men and women both get abused. and if this was maybe 15 yrs ago i would prolly lean more towards the women being abused over men. but society has changed. womens lib is no loner womens lib. its gotten out of hand.

there should be no such thing as womens lib or mens lib. whatever its the world trying to say that one gender needs more rights then the other, and it causes nothing but conflict.

example. a man strikes a woman hes labeled a woman beater. no one takes into account why the action took place.

but if a woman does it, its because the guy sometime in the relationship did something to the woman and she gets off. and half the time the man gets counter charged.

WELCOME TO THE 21 CENTURY.
 c3sparling
Msg: 90 (view)

are some girls too caught up in looking for the perfect man?
Posted: 12/13/2007 10:18:43 PM
i agree with the op on this. i am not in a relationship either. but i am not really all that worried.

for the most part i think alot of the blame is based on society in th state that its in. well maybe no so much society but media. media says to never settle wich is good to always look for what your after. but i think this goes for both sides. more women then men tho.

i have viewd some femle profiles not for scouting or anything. but to see what they are after. and kinda get an idea. and honestly from most of what i saw is tall dark handsome loads of money and blah blah blah.

this goes on and on. and some women (not all get hurt in relationships like this) mostly because these guys are rather umm well vein. and always like some women looking for the bbd. when i think there are far more important things then what a person looks like. now sensativity. gah thats a joke, no woman wants a guy thats sobbing or crying over everything.

but yes the op is right. its a bit much to ask of men to have a nice job nice car good looking nice home good income.
 c3sparling
Msg: 34 (view)

New HP Pavillion with Vista and I hate it!
Posted: 12/7/2007 11:25:36 AM
ugh vista what a piece of work. i bought a hp pavilion laptop intel centrino duo core with 2 gig ram dual sata hds and OMFG this os sucks. i hate using the touch pad for mouse so i plug my wireless mouse in and it acts like its on crack. drivers so far for vista are at best half assed.

my brother bought a self designed pc with vista he has the crossfire set up and omg the drivers for the crossfire arnt even refined. he trys to play world of warcraft and his graphics card always locks up. pos is what this os is.
 c3sparling
Msg: 13 (view)

Problem installing
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:48:32 AM
you could do that the only problem is that you wont get the same performance. because when you install windows on the hard drive it sets everything up in the windows configuration to what your was set up for at the time.

here is just an example.

if you had set up 95 on a 486 dx4 100 and then put the hard drive into a p4. it wouldnt run the same cause the operating system was installed and configured for the 486.

tho you coul djust format it and reinstall 95. but that seems a bit much to just play a game.
 c3sparling
Msg: 2 (view)

Problem installing
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:18:04 PM
the only thing you can do is contact the publisher. but chances of them having a version that is compatible is low. there are cracks you can use but i woudlnt adivise this avanue as there is always problems and the game never runs the way it should. or you could look for a classics pack version thathas all the games in one.

u could also run a dual boot so you can have vista and an older version of windows running.
 c3sparling
Msg: 98 (view)

Windows Vista: who cares?
Posted: 3/2/2007 8:58:01 PM
personally i dont think microsoft should have that kind of acess to our pcs. simply because i was reading some articale the otehr day and it sems ms was hauled back into court a few weeks or motnths back and was fined 1.9 bilion dollars for i think copyright infrigments. were does ms get off saying so as i say but not as i do term. sorry but i view it simply as if i pay for it its mine. and what i wish to do with it is my choice. thats why alot of ppl are migrating to mac and linux. there isnt as much problem with all this running programs liek that and being deleted. thats ms monopolizing and brainwashing yoru pc.
 c3sparling
Msg: 17 (view)

New Can daylight savings changing to US
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:13:38 PM
ok if its the case that canda relies on the staes for such things. why is it when ny got hit with that huge electrical breakdown that leave it up to us canadians to provide them with electricity. i will tell youwhy. because we spend the money into our economy and not military. somethign tells me that you rely on the states a little more then youshould. thre is such a thing as being a proud canadian. and never in my life would i give up being canadian for any reason. we have alot more natural resources in our own country that we dont need to rely on them.
 c3sparling
Msg: 3 (view)

video card testing
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:09:16 PM
the fan isnt dirty i cleaned it like 2 weeks ago with a can of compresed air from future shop that was designed for cleaning laptops, heat sinks and fans. i had the 3d mark test btu didnt give me the kind of iformation i have been looking for. i will just have to to the ati tool test if that dosnt help i will just have to call ati support.
 c3sparling

What should I buy? (Console question)
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:45:08 PM
well you stated that your into rpg games. sadly the x360 is the last to look at for these styles of games. the ps3 will be chock full of rpgs. altho pc is still the best for rpgs.

racing fps's these are xbox best tool in the gaming industry. games like halo sadly i hate this game but its a top seller.

far cry yet another xbox only title.
the list is endliss for this genre.

racing well even tho alot of the machines out thre have racing for thr econsoles. xbox still does the best job of this forza need for speed (looks best on xbox and loads way faster)
midnight club whatever your fancy they got it.

adventure well the same pretty much goes here to. altho the new metal gear solid for the ps3 looks rather tempting for a reason to buy a ps3 but sadly to me thats the only good game as of now.

ninja gaiden will also be releasing a new game for the xbox or so i heard in rumors. and another rumor is there is going ot be a new prince of persia series. ( course it will have nothing to do with sands of time series)

wii has done a very good job of zelda. i have seen and tried this game and it looks and plays really well. altho i dont liek the whole knuchuk controller. it seems a bit much to me.

sports games are xbox mainly because of the graphics and the button control layout is really good.

god of war 2 is coming out for the ps3 wich makes that yet another game the ps3 will have going for it. but like gow 1 it will die out quickly.

gears of war another good xbox game but you dont hear to much hype from players about it anymore. and far cry instinct preadator has come out for x360.

in my opinion ms brought the x360 out at just the right time and sony and nintendo are gonna have a hard time keeping up with the large selection of games ms has for the x360 and is currently in development for.

altho i still say pc games beat console games by a huge margin. because you can always upgrade your pc to get better performance. were as a console is largely limited in what you can upgrade it with.
 c3sparling
Msg: 14 (view)

Vista Pros.. AND ..Cons
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:32:21 PM
i agree with technopunk. vista is just something that isnt really a nesecity as of yet. there is still so much more xp is capable of. but its not really money savoy for ms to keep xp running. i dont care what the os looks like. it dosnt have to look sleak it has to run efficintly. and as of right now thre is far less bugs in xp then vista. and i am certainly not to fond of the having to give yourself permissions on everything you do with it.

i did the rc1 and 2 and the sad thing is everything works except for most of my ati all in wonder functions. i checked atis website and i just think its a bit much that after finally getting everything working for xp. ie the remote and other perhperials working properly. i now have to start the process all over again without some of my devices not even working.

this is certainly making me think of turning in my windows related pc and migrate to linux.
 c3sparling

Advice on PC building
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:25:44 PM
wow and city of villans will work on that setup but not nwn2.

i run a p4 dual core 3 gig cpu
2 gigs of ram
160 gig sata series 2 hd
256 meg ati all in wonder

and if you have something running in the background this game will sputter quite a bit.
i had to exit the game and close all none esential programs running in the background.

the sad thing is games that look this good normally requier more then the avg pc gamer can actually afford. so its either suffer and lose out on some aspects of life just to upgrade to play these games. or suffer with the pc you have and not play them.

i dont know i hardly play nwn2 anyways. it kinda got boring a ways into it.
 c3sparling
Msg: 90 (view)

Windows Vista: who cares?
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:20:50 PM
i tried alot of the vista betas even when it was still codenamed longhorn. i wasnt to impressed with it then and i still am not impressed with it at all. i had the latest release of beta b4 it went full bore. and sadly to say every bit of data i had on my external drive was corrupted from the permissions. i lost 20 gig worth of important data. i see alot of this security is a good thing. but there is such a thing as to much security.

the worst part is i had to set permissions for the external so my pc would even let me access it. but yet i was even under the administrator account. why should i even have to set permissions for the administrator account. that kinda defeats the purpose of it being called administrator.

altho already i am sure there is alot of suckers that got conned into taking it. and the worst part of it all is soon we will have no choice but to upgrade or buy the full copy of it. as ms is doing the whole eol dance with xp. im really not happy about that at all.

i went and paid 300 for my copy of xp pro and now im being screwed into either paying for an upgrade package or a full on copy wich will set me back a prety penny and my xp will eventually be useless. sucks to be us ppl who get screwed into this type of situation. thank god ms knows we are all made of cash.

wait im not made of cash THIS BITES.
 c3sparling
Msg: 11 (view)

New Can daylight savings changing to US
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:13:58 PM
and yet again canada gets it up the back end by the states. im kinda sick of us having to give up the way we live so the states can be happy.
 c3sparling
Msg: 1 (view)

video card testing
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:10:23 PM
hi i am having some trouble with my video card. i have a x850 xt 256 meg agp all in wonder, when i play some games not nessicarily the high end 3d graphic inclined games the fan goes balistic. and im not talking like normal keep the card cooled type balistic. im talking out of control type. anyways i was wondering if ther eis a place or program i can get that will test the integrity of my card to see if it has a problem over heating or if it may be dieing on me.
 c3sparling

sound card problem
Posted: 12/29/2006 5:54:40 PM
thanks for the help epsilon. the drivers page helped alot, she got the sound working finally.
 c3sparling

sound card problem
Posted: 12/28/2006 5:03:11 PM
no she is missing the driver cause i did all the device manager properties and it didnt even show a list of gaming drivers for controllers or sound drivers. i already walked her thru the dxdiag and it even told her no drivers when testing the midi for the music synth.
 c3sparling

sound card problem
Posted: 12/28/2006 3:22:15 PM
i have a friend that had to take a downgrade on a pc. and now has to use win 98'. when she trys to listen to mp3's she has created there is no sound. i have exausted all avenues to get the driver. but the sound driver isnt even showing. and ive run out of ideas to find the driver. is there a tool that will detect what driver it needs or maybe a program that will deect what company the device is. she says its a yamaha sound device. but im not sure as she lives a distance away from me.

any help would be greatly apreciated.
 c3sparling

F.E.A.R.
Posted: 12/8/2006 7:27:23 AM
ive played f.e.a.r. i really didnt find it all that scary. not many games out there truely are scary. maybe some are suprising or even a little full of suspense. and no i aint meaning resident evil lol. they lost suspense a long time ago.
 c3sparling
Msg: 15 (view)

Buy a factory built PC or build your own??
Posted: 10/17/2006 11:33:53 PM
the biggest thing about building a scratch pc is compatibility. of course there is way more stuff for custom built pcs that are far mroe compatble then factory pc's. but there is still loads of stuff that just dosnt wanna work with each other.

my stats.

asus mobo
p4 3 gig duo core cpu
4 512 meg kingston ddr 400 pc3200 memory
17 inch viewsonic lcd
had a 128 meg ati but deicided would upgrade to the all in wonder x800 xt 256 meg.
dvd burner pionner 16x
lg 52x cd burner
twin 160 gig series 4 sata in a raid array
and all the other junk that goes along with it

but yeah building you own pc is way more fun to. you cna make it the way you want it. and factory pcs are built so cheaply that they tend to die quickly. i made the mistake of buying an acer factory. and omg it was just garbage.
 c3sparling
Msg: 18 (view)

need to convert wma files to mp3
Posted: 9/28/2006 4:04:20 AM
first of all no i am not asking for a law suit. mainly because it is legal for canadians to dl mp3 files. the only illegal part is for us to be uploading them.
 c3sparling
Msg: 12 (view)

need to convert wma files to mp3
Posted: 9/27/2006 2:19:52 PM
ppl have posted alot of answers. but i find if i am having this much trouble converting i will just go get a program like limewire and redownload em. seems the most relevent way to go.
 c3sparling

video games
Posted: 9/26/2006 7:52:27 PM
the main reason they havent brought out anything new for sc. is basicly because they have diablo 3 on the drawing boards and all the things they are going to be doing with world of warcraft. i dont think that blizzard really cares about the gamer anymore anyways. as about 5 weeks ago us east on diablo 2 was very much garbage. i wouldnt put to much stock in sc ghost being canceled tho. i imagine they just put it on the back burner tho.
 c3sparling
Msg: 22 (view)

tech support
Posted: 7/29/2006 1:50:19 PM
tech support is absolutly the most useless thing i have ever had the unpleasure of trying ot get ahold of. almost every company nowdays dosnt do 1800 tech suport anymore they want you to pay the huge ammount of money even tho whatever you purchesed is still under warrenty. and half the time your waiting on the line for an hour to get tech suport and all they say is did you do this did you do this. like come on. if i didnt do whatever they asked b4 hand i would look an idiot. and chances are you rnot going ot call tech support because say your mp3 plays other types of audio files but you dont know what they are. if i call tech support its cause the hair dryer i bought made my hair go into a ball of freaking flames. HA tech support is a joke.
 c3sparling
Msg: 5 (view)

Kazaa to pay over $100 Million
Posted: 7/29/2006 1:44:25 PM
its all about the money. i mean i can go out and buy a cd and get 1 - 2 maybe 3 good songs of them. and the rest are just prtty much useless. so why should i have to fork over like 20 - 40 dollars for a cd that only has a few decent songs on them. and as for it being a victory i dont think so. i mena in the whole time kazza has been running htey have sent out more then 100 million in cds and thats just the music aspect of it. threre was also applications and scuch. when they can sell skype and earn 2 billion dollars on it 100 million is a slap on the wrist. because it just proves they could make another program and sell it. endless cycle. as for the medium to use the mp3's well now thre getting into a whole different ball park. are they going ot have random home searchs to make sure you own the original cd. this is just getting way outta hand. its like the ol axium do as i say not as i do. you can own an mp3 player but you cant use it. seems kinda redundent.
 c3sparling

Is the new technology of today good or bad?
Posted: 7/28/2006 2:41:41 PM
i agree the concept of tehcnology is just rediculus. alot of it comes out and it just warps ppls minds. games stuff for you car tvs dvd players. i am good with all this stuff but life would be alot easier without it. it has also made civilization so lazy. to many ppl will take the time to run to mc donalds or wichever fast food chain they like and scarf down that nasty preserved already cooked food. me i cok my own meals with fresh ingreadiants. the only thign i really use alot of is my pc. my cell phone altho nice is just another useless tool.
 c3sparling

Attention All Users!! VIRUS ALERT!!
Posted: 7/28/2006 2:35:30 PM
i think all these virus warnings are kinda lame. i mean ppl are gonna get viruses regardless of wich virus software you use. spyware adware maleware its everywere. the big thing is mcaffee sucks. that program is about as dangerous as a potato gun.
 c3sparling
Msg: 4 (view)

Windows 98 and Millenium support cut-off looming
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:24:54 PM
see the problem here is ms could make the updates for 98 amd me but there is no money in it. were if they force ppl to upgrade to win xp service pack 2 well they kinda just got all those customers to force them to upgrade. there is a simpleway around this and is for ppl who own an original 98 me dis. make an image of 98 or me and extract it to a data folder then incorparate the updates into th proper location. repack the folder into an iso and burn it to a media. its not illegal to safeguar you medias.
 c3sparling
Msg: 14 (view)

Bill Gates Gets Pie Faced.
Posted: 7/3/2006 4:29:54 PM
i bet its the truth. when ppl like ms make an os that they say will have so much security out the ying yang that it will be unhackable. plssssssss this is jsut a big kick me sign for basement room hackers to make a program to get by it. i think ms should get more into make thre security a little less noticeable but it still be there.
 c3sparling

Posted: 7/2/2006 6:19:42 PM
the worst thing of it all. is this morning when i got back fomr canada day i tried listening ot music on vista in winamp and windows media player and i always got encoder erros. so i figed maybe i needed a restart so i did and nope no sound even tho the drivers are working properly. so i format and put winblows xp back on my machine and i try to get into the slave hd in my pc and all the files were corrupted by that stupid permissions stuff. now i had to format an lose 18 gig worth of data. i tell ya when vista comes out they had better leave the xp updates going for a long while cause if this is whats gonna happen. ppl will rebel aginst vista and not use it.
 c3sparling

windows vista discussion.
Posted: 7/2/2006 1:13:48 AM
i think after vista goes mainstream. your not gonna see ms make a new os for quite some time. unless its one of these low grade os's like melinium was to hold ppl off till xp got out. i think that sure they have a long way and you shouldnt really expect to much from the vista beta 2 version. but it does give you a look as to what they are going to do with it. the funniest thing i found is in the system rating area under the control panal section. they said that the system rating is going ot be more widely used. what it is is your system gets based on the stuff you have in it. 4 catagorys cpu, memory (ram), graphics and gaming graphics. now they said that y9our system would run faster with a higher rating. but near the end of the help fille it also said that a system with a 3 or lower rating would confidently run any program. i dont know but this seems a little mental. its kinda like catagorizing it so either you have a fast system with no program supportor, you have a slower system that supports all progra's. just athing i noticed. i do lik ethe fact that windows defender comes intergrated into it and the windows sidebar is a nice little addition. but in fact i have had it on my system about a week now and i havent seen any really major system resource hog. i havent tried a whole lot of games on it. i did install need for dpeed underground 2 and most wanted. and they played fine. but yeah the whole glass aero look is a little much.
 c3sparling

Posted: 6/30/2006 2:11:22 PM
actually i have the vista beta 2 installed. and the only major problems i have ran into are web relted and drivers. other then that i dont really notice any system hog in it. i run a p4 intel 3 spu and 512 megs of ram and it runs very smoothly. altho the media center option in it is very slow ot load the very first start. the areo look is ok but a little much. the only thing i have alot of problems with is the permissions to access everything. i have 2 drive sin my pc and and external and i cant access my second drive in it because of permissions. but i can acess all files on my external drive. its ok tho its a nice program for being beta. so you have to understadn they still have a bit to go b4 it becomes something that ppl will truely love.
 c3sparling
Msg: 6 (view)

Is there a quick fix for this?
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:44:45 AM
for the second issue the dll problem. take the name of the dll file and do a seach online. if there is a site that tells you what the dll file is for then just go to a dll database site get the dll and put it in its perspective folder. alot of ppl think this dosnt work and they resort to back ups and restors but it does work i have had to do it a few times. it could just be a bad dll or a corrupt one.
 c3sparling

Posted: 6/30/2006 3:42:16 AM
i am using the windows vista beta 2 and yes i knwo its beta. i just hope they do fix certain things. wich probably wont happen over a short period of time. the one thing i would liekot see is a new sound scheme. i had found a sound scheme online that was supposedly the new vista sounds. saddly i installed vista and its the same old xp logon and logoff sounds. another thing is do they actually even pay attention to error reports. some web issues also. more drivers would be another great thing. anyways enough of my rantings. what are the thoughts of all the ppl who are and have tryed using vista.
 c3sparling
Msg: 23 (view)

All my files from the external harddrive suddenly disappeared
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:35:36 AM
i agree with kenith i had the same problem put it in my tower as a slave drive and it found it and worked right away. some of the files were still there some were lost. but its always worth a try.
 c3sparling

Posted: 6/30/2006 3:27:44 AM
i think alot of ppl are gonna wana slap him with a pie when they try out the vista. i got in on the beta versioons and i know thats all just testing phase. and it looks nice and runs really smoothly. the only down fall is the whole securioty issue were you have to click 4000 things just to confirm moving a file. and permissions to access files that are yours but just on a diff hd in your system. lol sign me up i got a nice rock pie for his face.
 c3sparling

Sony DSC S80
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:25:02 AM
if its simplicity and price well. the centrios line up is really simple and there reliable cameras. the last one i had was a 99 dollar one just a cheap thing but it could take voice files along with video. saddly to say i think i used it to much and i broke it. but there really easy plug and play devices that xp or 98 if your using that finds the drivers right away.
 c3sparling

windows vista beta 2 help.
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:21:19 AM
thank you for the assitance i finally got my connection working properly. still havent been able to find all the drivers only two are missing my cano scan drivers and an unknown device. wich i have no clue what it is. the info was a major help tho so thank you.
 c3sparling

windows vista beta 2 help.
Posted: 6/29/2006 5:41:55 PM
i have 2 questions

1. were do i find the spot to put in my ip adress for local area connection 5
2. were can i find all windows vista drivers database that they have currently?
 c3sparling
Msg: 12 (view)

Limewire Issue
Posted: 6/14/2006 1:46:05 PM
yeah limewire can be a bit testy. and when you first install it it takes a hella long time to connect for the first time. but after that its really quick.

Show ALL Forums