Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do you do drugs???
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 66 (view)

Do you do drugs???
Posted: 5/7/2009 8:26:23 PM
I can agree that drugs are illegal and sould be. However, we are not talking about DRUGS as a whole, we are talking about marujuana.

First of all, to state that the use and cultivation of marijuana is unpatriotc and unamerican is absurd. In the 17th century hemp was encouraged by the government in the production of rope, sails, and clothing; however, hemp use declined in the late eighteenth century. In the late nineteenth century, cannabis became a common ingredient in medicine and was openly sold at pharmacies. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin were all producers of cannabis. The nations first paper mill was owned and opperated by Benjamin Franklin and produced paper exclusively from cannabis. The Declaration of Independence is printed on paper made from cannabis. I mean, the founding fathers of this country saw the potential of ccannabis and used it. I say its unAmerican and unpatriotic for cannabis to be illegal.

Secondly, the decision of the United States Congress to pass the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was based on hearings, reports and in part on testimony derived from articles in newspapers owned by William Randolph Hearst, who had significant financial interests in the timber industry, which manufactured his newsprint. Cannabis activist Jack Herer has researched DuPont and in his 1985 book The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Herer concluded DuPont played a large role in the criminalization of cannabis. In 1938, DuPont patented the processes for creating plastics from coal and oil and a new process for creating paper from wood pulp. If hemp would have been largely exploited, Herer believes it would have likely been used to make paper and plastic (nylon), and may have hurt DuPont’s profits. Andrew Mellon of the Mellon Bank was DuPont's chief financial backer and was also the Secretary of Treasury under the Hoover administration. Mellon appointed Harry J. Anslinger, who later became his nephew-in-law, as the head of the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (FBNDD) and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN), where Anslinger stayed until 1962. In 1916, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) chief scientists Jason L. Merrill and Lyster H. Dewe created paper made from hemp pulp, which they concluded was "favorable in comparison with those used with pulp wood in USDA Bulletin No. 404. In his book Herer summarized the findings of Bulletin No. 404.

USDA Bulletin No. 404, reported that one acre of hemp, in annual rotation over a 20-year period, would produce as much pulp for paper as 4.1 acres (17,000 m2) of trees being cut down over the same 20-year period. This process would use only 1/4 to 1/7 as much polluting sulfur-based acid chemicals to break down the glue-like lignin that binds the fibers of the pulp, or even none at all using soda ash. The problem of dioxin contamination of rivers is avoided in the hemp paper making process, which does not need to use chlorine bleach (as the wood pulp paper making process requires) but instead safely substitutes hydrogen peroxide in the bleaching process. ... If the new (1916) hemp pulp paper process were legal today, it would soon replace about 70% of all wood pulp paper, including computer printout paper, corrugated boxes and paper bags. Sounds a lot like the petroleum companies of today lobbying against green energy because of their loss of profit and established facilities. But i digress, that is a topic for another time.

My main point here is before you form an opinon on something, get the facts about it.
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 7 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:41:52 PM
Thank you Raiderfan. I can completely respect your view on the subject. The ones i have a problem with are those who are all for alcohol and "prescribed" drugs that are mind altering and legal but think marijuana is not acceptable.
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 6 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:37:10 PM
Ok, first of all, my question was based on the responsible use of marijuana. For example, instead of having a beer occasionally i would rather smoke a bowl. Secondly, if your reply is going to be anything like the one Thundercloud111 posted i would rather not here it. The majority of the people i know who smoke weed do it in a responsible manner. They have careers, families, social lives, and weed does not in any way interfere with their daily lives nor does it mine.
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 4 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:26:44 PM
Yes the fact that they are refined and changed from their natural state makes them completely different from marijuana. If you eat a poppy seed bagel you get just poppy seeds.Very different from heroine. Plus the fact that u can die from heroine and cocaine, as well as being highly addictive phisically.
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 3 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:14:51 PM
Let me ask this, if the legality of the issue were removed, would yall still have the same opinion of it?
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 2 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:52:55 PM
Are you saying it is a drug because it is illegal or because of the affect it has on you.
 SouthernGent-HD
Msg: 1 (view)

Must not do drugs...
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:43:24 PM
I have a question for ya ladies. I can totally respect when must not do drugs is on someones profile and am not going to bash anyone for having it. My questions is if yall consider the responsible use of marijuana a deal braeker if this is on your profile. I personally do not consider marijuana a drug and am totally blown away as to why it is illegal. It is a plant. That is all. It just grows that way. So im off my soapbox now (sorry). Let me know what yall think and why would be good as well.

Thanks Ladies..
 SouthernGent-HD

What do yall think????
Posted: 4/14/2009 5:48:31 PM
How is the presentation? Any changes, additions, subtractions?? I recently updated and i seem to be getting a few more veiws but hardly any replies to messages i send and no one is initiating contact...any suggestions??? Thanks everyone..
 SouthernGent-HD

Need some advice
Posted: 4/8/2009 8:09:24 PM
Well folks its been a slow go here on POF so i thought i would seek some professional help...no better place than right here in house...let me know what ya think and any suggestions are welcome...Thanks peeps
 gamerguy22
Msg: 3 (view)

Update check it out
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:10:13 PM
thanks for the advice man check it out now and let me get some feedback
 gamerguy22
Msg: 2 (view)

oh yea
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:35:18 PM
ohh almost forgot...any input from any source is welcome and appreciated...
 gamerguy22

I can take it
Posted: 4/6/2009 5:26:34 PM
Ok here I am. I've been on POF for a couple of months now and I have to ask...whats up ladies??? Im a big boy, please be brutally honest, Im open to any and all advice or criticism as long as its constructive and not just a bash fest...so...let me know .

Show ALL Forums