Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why are you afraid to commit and why is it unhealthy for you?
 Flirt859
Msg: 9 (view)

Why are you afraid to commit and why is it unhealthy for you?
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:53:59 PM
I agree with Ace76.. if the person is right for you .. you want to be with them.. committment is not an issue. If you aren't committed it's because you havn't met the right person.
 Flirt859
Msg: 4 (view)

does past matter?
Posted: 11/26/2006 10:43:31 PM
Past matters because it makes a person what they are. Some of us learn from our mistakes, some never do. Some of us do stupid things when we're young... and think differently when we mature. Some people never mature. If you meet someone you really care about. you want to be a better person when you are with them. My past is just that.. my past.. each relationship is different. I don't believe once a cheater, always a cheater.. people change and I learned from my past experiences. I only judge people by how they treat me.. not how they were with other relationships. I don't care if they had one partner or 100. And I would never lie about how many I had.. you have nothing without honestly.
 Flirt859
Msg: 6 (view)

Threw back a fish...and regretted it!
Posted: 11/26/2006 9:04:38 PM
Maybe you just miss having a boyfriend who was nice to you. The holidays are coming and you probably don't want to be alone. Don't go back looking for him for the wrong reasons.. the right one is out there.. remember why you ended it in the first place.. you just wern't feeling it.
 Flirt859
Msg: 75 (view)

Is the fairytale impossible after 30?
Posted: 11/20/2006 11:14:25 PM
Oh yeah.. I definately believe in fairy tales. I have personal experience with them... I have kissed my share of toads. I have also dated the fairy tale "Beast" and also the " Ogre"... the last guy I dated turned out to be a little troll.. is that not what fairy tales consist of??? To be honest.. I have also met a few princes.. ones who were perfect for someone else... because I will never be a princess.. I can sleep quite comfortably with that pea under my mattress. I am not looking for a prince.. I am looking for a man.. one who can accept my faults as I will accept his.. as long as we enjoy being together at the end of the day and know that there is no one else we would rather be with.
 Flirt859
Msg: 20 (view)

Should I follow my heart?
Posted: 11/20/2006 9:14:54 PM
If it is meant to be.. what is the rush?? Take the time to get to know each other better before you rush into anything.
 Flirt859
Msg: 568 (view)

Can men and women be friends without sex?
Posted: 11/20/2006 8:44:24 PM
Of course men and women can be friends without sex.. some of my best friends are guys and I would never DREAM of having sex with them.
 Flirt859
Msg: 5 (view)

Regrets
Posted: 7/27/2006 9:14:19 PM
My one regret.. cheating on my ex.. no one deserves that.. I do not regret the break up.. nor being with him in the first place.. those are the mistakes that make us who we are. but I DO regret cheating.. people got hurt.. I was totally responsible for that.. and regret it deeply.
 Flirt859

night owls
Posted: 6/11/2006 12:20:14 AM
I am a night owl myself.. guess I'm a lazy loser too..lol
 Flirt859
Msg: 2 (view)

rules on relationship advice and dating advice...
Posted: 6/11/2006 12:15:47 AM
~LMAO~ Sounds sort of strange but since nothing else seems to work I might give it a try..lol
 Flirt859

Looking for Ladies' responses on this one...
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:51:32 AM
I would rather a person be honest.. I can pretty much accept anything if it is the truth .. but the smallest lie really gets me upset. Just tell her there is no spark.. doesn't mean you can't be friends.
 Flirt859
Msg: 8 (view)

Adoption?
Posted: 5/20/2006 12:56:41 AM
When I adopted my son they suspected he may have some degree of brain damage.. He had just had a CAT scan and the birth mother did not want to wait to find out the results before she had the adoption papers signed. I didn't either.. I figured if he DID have brain damage he would still need a family who loved him. I never did get the results back from that Scan.. and my son is a healthy happy sixteen year old who is above average intelligence and just got his driver's permit. We adopted his sister as well.. she is 14 now.. same birth mother.. different fathers. Their Birth mom visits whenever she likes and now has three daughters of her own. It couldn't have worked out better for all concerned. And just for the record.. I believe I AM able to have children though I have never tried... and I didn't wait on any long Adoption lists.. we had our home study completed and found that it was a breeze. How I came to adopt my son was that I saw him in his stroller and I jokingly said " Cute baby.. can I have it?? " Most people tell me no.. but not THIS time!!!
 Flirt859
Msg: 34 (view)

Adoptions...
Posted: 5/20/2006 12:37:52 AM
I adopted my son when he was 3 months old... it was an open adoption and his birth mother was welcome in my home whenever she liked.. she was only 16 when he was born and had no family support so it was too difficult to care for him. She tried for three months and then phoned me and asked if I would adopt him. I said yes in an instant, two weeks later the papers were signed. Less than a year later my son's birthmother became pregnant again.. she asked if we would be interested in having a brother or sister for our son. I was at the hospital when our daughter was born.. it was amazing.
My children are sixteen and fourteen now and they are the most important people in the world to me.. I couldn't imagine our lives without each other. As for their birth mom.. she has three daughters of her own now and we visit her as often as we can. I owe her a debt of gratitude that I can never hope to repay. What she did for her children was the most unselfish act of love I have ever witnessed. Everyone involved in this adoption story are very happy with the results and I'm sure there are no regrets. A child can nver have too many people who love them.
 Flirt859
Msg: 7 (view)

Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????
Posted: 5/11/2006 12:47:17 AM
I must be the odd person here.. if he is my EX.. then my friends are welcome to him. I have even set my friends up with my exes if they seemed like they would be a good match. What's the big deal?? I wouldn't date my best friend's ex if I thought she was still hung up on him, but otherwise sure.. why not??
 Flirt859

Is there anything better than revenge?
Posted: 5/9/2006 11:08:38 PM
Wow.. All she has to do is take a smear of black paint or permanant marker and cover her face and throw the thing in the trash.. Yup.. you sure fixed her.. she will be devastated. It took you longer and cost you more expense to think up and create the silly thing than it will take her to dispose of it. If you REALLY want revenge.. move on.. be happy and get a life.. it will probably bother her more that you aren't crying in your beer waiting for her to come back.. Living well is the best revenge. All you are doing now is feeding her ego.. she knows you are thinking of her and havn't moved on.
 Flirt859
Msg: 8 (view)

Ever said you're sorry?
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:29:48 PM
I just recently apologised to my ex husband.. I wanted to for a long time but it took a lot of guts to finally do it. We have been divorced since 1999.. he has been married for six years to another woman.. I don't want him back.. but I still had to say I was sorry. It was completely my fault that our marriage broke up and I had to say it.. He forgave me.. but I always knew he did.. I am glad that you felt relief when you heard the words.. I hope he did too.
 Flirt859

The other you...
Posted: 5/1/2006 11:20:26 PM
My Faults eh?? You mean I have to admit to having them?? Ok. lets see.. If I don't have a guy who stands up to me I have a tendancy to walk all over him.. I can't help it. I try not to be that way.. but if I have a dancing monkey I just GOTTA see him dance.. It's a habit of mine that's hard to break ... also I snore, drool, and grind my teeth .. but other than that I am pretty good in bed. I'm sure there's more... but if you tell anybody I will deny it.
 Flirt859
Msg: 7 (view)

Kids in Fostercare
Posted: 5/1/2006 9:09:44 PM
My question was answered.. I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with this man.. And I DO understand circumstances like this. I guess I just can't understand why.. if things were so bad that YOU couldn't live with him.. you would expect three little children to live with him without their mother there to protect them? You say you left to protect your older children.. wern't your younger children worthy of protection as well?
I am sorry to sound harsh.. I am happy to know that the children are safe now.. and hopefully you can get them back and care for them the way they should have been cared for all along. You admit you made a mistake..that is all you can do now except make sure that no one harms them ever again if it is within your power to prevent it.
 Flirt859

Kids in Fostercare
Posted: 5/1/2006 9:00:38 PM
I read the post.. I am not asking why she doesn't take her children NOW.. that would be against the law... I am asking why they were left with an abuser in the year 2000.. why was this allowed to go on for six years?? Why did she lose custody of her kids to begin with??
 Flirt859
Msg: 3 (view)

Kids in Fostercare
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:51:25 PM
I have to ask WHY if he abused your older children, would you have left your three little children with him in the first place? And WHY .. if you KNEW he abused your older children.. didn't you have him charged with that YEARS AGO?? Maybe there is a valid explaination.. but I , as a parent and former foster parent, just don't see it. I will try to keep an open mind about it until I know the facts but the ones I feel bad for are the children who should have been protected from a known abuser. Your parents are the people who you should be able to depend on to protect you from harm even if they have to die doing it. That is what loving a child is all about.
 Flirt859

What is it with the It's not you...its me Excuse
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:13:06 AM
Sorry my friend.. they just aren't feeling it... they can't force themselves to feel what just isn't there. Don't be too hard on them.. they try to let you down easy. It's a bad situation to be in.. for both parties. I've been on both ends of this and I know it sucks either way. Take care of yourself.
 Flirt859

Break up's
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:58:03 PM
I feel for you.. this WILL get easier... whatever you do don't stalk her, don't keep calling and driving by her house and things like that.. it will only make a bad situation worse...no matter how hard it is to keep youself from doing it. If it is meant to be you will be together.. if not.. you will meet someone new.. one nail drives out the other.. keep busy.. don't sit at home and pine it will drive you crazy. Good Luck.
 Flirt859

restless night so here it goes
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:47:00 AM
Sweet poem.. two thumbs up from Moi. Thanks for sharing.
 Flirt859

is it ok to be picky?
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:45:13 AM
My motto at age 39 is I'd rather BE alone than WISH I was. I will be picky until I find what I'm looking for.. and if He doesn't exist.. I can deal with being alone quite nicely.
 Flirt859

I think I have finally found the one
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:42:53 AM
AWESOME! I love hearing this kind of thing! Good luck!
 Flirt859
Msg: 16 (view)

What do you do if someone asks you to do something that you're not ready for?
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:43 AM
NO man Better get in the way of me and my FOOD!!!!
 Flirt859

dating outside your race
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:36:53 AM
Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.. let them worry about who they want to date.. and you do what makes you happy.. if a white guy came along that you were attracted to.. I'm sure you wouldn't give it a second thought.. you'd date him if you wanted to...you date the guys that you're attracted to, regardless of race.
 Flirt859

What do you do when you are bipolar?
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:24:14 PM
I feel your pain.. I wish there was an easy answer.. the love of my life was Bipolar.. it was a constant struggle for him. I have no advice but wish you the very best.. Good luck
 Flirt859

If you carry a magnet will you be more attractive?lol.
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:05:40 PM
I dunno about using a magnet to be more attractive... but I'm wondering what would happen if I used " Easy Off" on the next guy I went to bed with....
 Flirt859

Is it ever okay...
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:30:11 PM
What do you have to lose?? She read and deleted you.. what's the worst thing that can happen?? She might read and delete you again.. in that case you are no worse off... But this time maybe you will say something that might catch her eye.
It worked for my friend.. he sent a message that was read and deleted.. later on he sent another and now they are dating...I'm sure this won't happen in every case.. but it did for him. Good luck.
 Flirt859

Who's up for skinnydipping? Everyone answer this thread!
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:45:52 PM
When I was young I used to skinny dip.......Now I CHUNKY DUNK.
 Flirt859
Msg: 49 (view)

what is the best cartoon ever?
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:35:58 AM
It's true that the newer cartoons have blood flying and bones breaking and show people being stabbed in the eye repeatedly or shot.... and this is ok.. but if Looney Tunes Characters drop a Piano on someones head, that's too violent. What child would be CAPABLE of most of the violence found in Looney tunes? It is so OVER-EXAGGERATED that even small children realize that it could never be real. The stuff they have out today is questionable in my mind. Funny for adults.. but for little kids?
 Flirt859
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2006 11:41:46 PM
Marvin Martian!! I love him too! ( That CREATURE has stolen the illunium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator.. After HIM!!!") Ok.. so I might have spent a LITTLE too much time growing up watching Looney Tunes... They ruined the old versions now by taking out the violence... what a crazy thing to do.
 Flirt859
Msg: 16 (view)

any one know the words to this song???
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:37:40 PM
I don't think it's "Alabama" left and "Alabama" Right.. I believe it's Alamand Left and Alamand right.. the spelling might be wrong but I think it's a square dance call .. not a State. .. just my two cents worth... Isn't it funny what words we get wrong in songs.. I do it all the time... changes the whole meaning of the songs sometimes..lol
 Flirt859
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:50 PM

What about popeye with his spinach, and olive and Brutus and the guy who always ate all the hamburgers? Forget his name.

Was his name Wimpy or something like that???
 Flirt859
Msg: 21 (view)

Godless Liberal + Christian Conservative = ?
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:32:05 PM
I think it depends more on the people involved than their religions... If they are people who can agree to disagree then there won't be a problem. If they can disagree without being Cruel.. they can have a happy relationship. As long as neither person is going into this thinking they will change the other they can accept their differences as what makes them unique. If both people in a relationship always have the same opinion, one of them is NOT necessary.
 Flirt859
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:31 PM
I can't BELIEVE no one said Bugs Bunny! What is WRONG with you people?? Bugs and Daffy are my Heros!! Remember the Abominable Snowman?? " My own little bunny rabbit, I will name him George and I will hug him , and squeeze him, and Pet him , and Pat him, and he will never feel rejected or lacked for love" Daffy: " I'm NOT a bunny Rabbit.. put me down please.. " " I'm not LIKE other people! I can't STAND pain! It's Hurts me.."
 Flirt859

When doing the chicken do you perfer to
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:41:15 AM
I , myself, am a VERY Enthusiastic " Chicken Do-er" LOL. I could never be the " Just lie there" Kind of sex partner.. Although sometimes I like for the GUY to just lie back and enjoy... I like to try new ideas and spice things up a bit.
 Flirt859

If you Could Exchange Beer For Something... What Would It Be?? lol
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:06:32 AM
PEPSI... I would exchange BEER for Pepsi... because I don't drink.
 Flirt859
Msg: 18 (view)

Will someone please tell me what the heck a metrosexual really is??
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:37:38 PM
Hm.... guess the last guy I slept with must have been a Metro sexual.. he has his " tips" frosted... and crosses his legs and drinks tea with his pinky in the air..I can picture him with knitting needles... But then.. he can change tires, drives a truck.. gets in Bar fights and is not squeemish in bed...So I don't know WHAT he is!!
 Flirt859

All those old shows on the radio
Posted: 3/10/2006 1:10:19 AM
GREAT IDEA! It didn't occur to me to look for them on here...And I will check out that site tomorrow night.. I'm glad you made this post.. I will definately look them up! Thank you!
 Flirt859

just some people's opinion please
Posted: 3/10/2006 1:06:21 AM
Some people are just IDIOTS.. in real life and on here.. don't waste time even THINKING about her remarks.. They say "Beauty is only skin deep, but Ugly goes right to the bone"...And obviously this person is as Ugly as they come.
 Flirt859

All those old shows on the radio
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:58:59 AM
I can't GET those stations here but a few years ago I used to be able to get a station that played old radio shows like " Amos and Andy" " Fibber McGee and Molly" " The Shadow" " The Lone Ranger" and others.. If those are the types of shows you are talking about I LOVED them.. I would like to find a station here that plays them. I think the program I used to listen to was called " Radio's Golden Age" I could only get the station to come in late at night when I was a teenager.. my mom had a hell of a time getting me up for school after listening to them all night.
 Flirt859

paranoid pete on sons and daughters
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:50:33 AM
As a Foster mother I once had five teenagers living in my home at the same time.. ( and two younger kids) Two of the teens were brothers, the rest were unrelated.. three boys.. two girls. Admittedly you have to keep a closer eye out for anything unusual. but I didn't have any problems.
Nine years after that one of the girls and one of the boys got together and they now have a daughter.. but when they lived with me it was normal Sibling rivelery..lol
 Flirt859
Msg: 10 (view)

significant other, bf/gf, partner...what DO you call them?
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:27:27 AM
I introduced one guy as my " Flavor of the week" .. (I don't think he was pleased..lol.). But most times I say "this is My Bill" or whatever his name is... ( I have never dated a Bill .. so I used this name to avoid conflict.. lol)
 Flirt859

I found out my friends man is cheating on her...
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:28:27 PM
I'm in the minority in this forum but I have to say that I would NOT tell my friend. There is a good chance she already knows he is cheating or has a pretty good idea that something is wrong.. it's possible that she is playing dumb about it because if she ADMITS that she knows then she will have to DO something about it.. and maybe she doesn't want to lose him .
Sometimes the friend who tells ends up out in the cold when they tell on the cheater.. because the boyfriend makes up some cover story.. and the friend blames you for trying to break them up. It's the old "Shoot the messenger" story.. I've had it happen. If I knew my friend was being cheated on.. I would shut my mouth and wait around to be a shoulder to cry on when she needed me.
 Flirt859

Male Prostitution!
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:12:11 PM
I would never pay for sex.. there's to much quality stuff that you can get for free. I can't believe you think women don't crave sex as much as men do!! Havn't you been reading the forums?? LOL. Women crave sex.. The difference is we don't crave just ANY sex usually.
 Flirt859
Msg: 11 (view)

Do You Want Kids
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:20:13 PM
My two children are adopted.. I'd love to adopt more someday or meet a guy who already has children. I used to be a foster parent and had 32 kids in 8 years.. There is more than one way to have children in your life. I'm used to dealing with the " Other Mothers" and don't have a problem with it.
As far as a woman worried about dealing with the husband's Ex.. it's not always a big deal. My Ex Husband is married again and my kids love their step family dearly.. I couldn't have picked a better stepmom for my kids.. I wasn't sure I liked her at first but I am really happy she married my Ex now. They've been together about 7 years and it's really no big trauma, as long as all parties are adult about it.. it doesn't always have to be bad. A child can't have too many people who love them.. Mine have Adoptive familes , Birth Families, and now Step Families.. and they seem to take it all in stride.
 Flirt859
Msg: 18 (view)

Meds. for a womans period
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:22:23 PM
Hey I didn't say I DID it.. I prefer to HAVE that little visitor so I can be assured that I'm not Pregnant..lol. But that is what the documentary said.. it said that the period you have when you are on the pill is not actually the shedding of the uterine lining as it would be if you were not taking the pill.. Apparently the pill prevents that process from taking place.. I don't know the medical terms.. I am going to have to do more research. So don't BEAT me... I can't STAND pain .. it hurts me...
 Flirt859

Smokers who claim they are poor
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:09:30 PM
Because they spent all their money on Cigarettes.... Hmmm.. brand NEW CAR Payment!!! I am trying to make my 16 year old son see what a stupid thing it is to waste that much money on cigarettes.. he just started.
 Flirt859
Msg: 22 (view)

What ever happened to committment and chivalry?
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:08:08 AM
Simple kindness is something everyone should practice.. I open doors for ladies myself.. and I AM a lady. I also open doors for men as well. I find what has gone by the wayside is simple good manners... a please and thank you.. and a smile when you meet someone. Luckily I live on an Island where people are still fairly friendly to each other.. I notice a huge change in the atmosphere when I visit cities.. people cut you off in traffic, let the door go in your face when you are behind them.. and NEVER smile at strangers. It's as if fear has prevented people from being civil.

Show ALL Forums