Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mankind's True Purpose
 gmaverick
Msg: 254 (view)

Mankind's True Purpose
Posted: 12/20/2012 8:58:10 PM

What do you believe is Mankind's True Purpose?

The basic answer would be the seemingly common purpose of all living organism = Survival. That's to remain alive in space, through time.

That would be looking at it from a purely physical point of view. If we assume that we are a spirit/soul living in a body there may be more, and different answers.

If that doesn't help, here another: The purpose of us being here is to help others. What the "others" are here for... I've NO Idea.

And yet another one = Plastic!
Well... that would be long to explain, but you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
 gmaverick
Msg: 2 (view)

4 year relationship and it hurts so badly, advice?
Posted: 7/6/2009 3:55:15 AM
Get away now, you are still very young, and what you realized ;

"Now that I have time to think this over I know it's no longer healthy for me to go back with him and allow myself to be hurt again, and again, and again."

Is absolutely right. ..

And one more thing, if he went out with so many girls, and even a few models, he's probably "very good looking" and have girls coming to him very easily...

People who gets things very easily, with no effort from their part, don't give any value to it.

And you are a living prove of that statement. It doesn't mean that every good looking person don't value their partners. But because of what I mentioned previously, that happens to be the case more often than not.

You'll learn that one way or the other. So I suggest you to keep an eye on it to see yourself whether that's the case or not, instead of falling into the same hole over and over again.

Feel you pain, and wish you get over it without permanent wounds...

Regards.
 gmaverick
Msg: 227 (view)

Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?
Posted: 7/2/2009 3:11:29 PM
" is that saying true, that all good men are either taken or gay?"

Are you sure you don't mean:

" is that saying true, that all good LOOKING men are either taken or gay? .............???
 gmaverick
Msg: 22 (view)

Is a world revolution inevitable ?
Posted: 7/2/2009 2:10:24 PM
I think it is (inevitable ).
I started to pay attention to "politics" at home when I was 8yo. At 13 I realized what you just wrote on you OP.
Since then I traveled all over the world and have seen this situation building steam worldwide. It isn't about "right wings", or "left wings". It's about the vast majority been subjected to the will of a few "elected" individuals (who are supposedly elected to take care of their property and administrate it) being controlled by the "elite".

In fact it started already, you may not be aware of it, because western media puts a "different name" (a more used term is "demonize it") to make people believe it's "something different". But if you go over the recent events taking place over the last couple decades, you'll see what you are talking about starting to take place in some places around the world. It hasn't still reach a point of "clear change". But it can be easily seen every day people involved (taking charge) of the situation with the intention to bring about a real change on the states of affairs on their areas.
 gmaverick
Msg: 5 (view)

Couchsurfing.com
Posted: 7/2/2009 12:52:25 PM
I know a member who traveled a lot all over the world and she says that it's a great way to do it.
 gmaverick
Msg: 7 (view)

How would a guy want to be told...
Posted: 7/2/2009 12:40:34 PM
I guess it depends on the person. I would like to be told straight up.
 gmaverick
Msg: 191 (view)

A hidden truth.. Depression...
Posted: 8/2/2006 3:35:36 AM
and until, you have endured the daily walk through quicksand of living with depression

Fortunately I know better, therefore it'll never happen, if you read all of my posts, you may be able to see why.

you know not of what you speak

Well, it seems that you know everything about me…… (¿?¿?¿?)

but the fact is depression is a true physical malaise

This doesn’t mean that the CAUSE OF IT is an organic abnormality.

but it is a tangible, physical sensation of pain

The EFFECT of a situation is not the CAUSE of it.

Just because there is no physical measure for this problem

I didn't say anything about "measuring it". What I said id that there are NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO VALIDATE IT AS A DISEASE/ILLNESS, SINCE THERE IS NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF ANY CHEMICAL IMBALANCE.
The "disease" is been treated chemically, and there's no evidence of ANY ORGANIC/CHEMICAL ABNORMALITY.

doesn’t mean it’s existence can be piffled away with a collection of words

You need to read all my posts; I never questioned or denied the existence of such a condition

I am here to tell you that not only does depression cause the usual cognitive problems, it actually PHYSICALLY HURTS. The entire body aches. It is a sensation that I have yet to be able to describe...but it is a tangible, physical sensation of pain...and it is constant during the entire time the depression is active. I would not wish it on my worst enemy

Different people may be affected in different ways, while I acknowledge that you feel the way you say you do, I have seen many people with this condition and physical pain haven't been a constant, the other thing would be to determine if the pain is a consequence of the situation itself or any other agent, like medicine for instance, but am sure that you can talk to your doctor/physician about it, or whoever is helping you.

I applaud the fact that you prefer alternatives to drugs, regarding whether they work or not, I already said that there's no evidence of the ORGANIC/CHEMICAL abnormality therefore, there's nothing organic/chemical to be corrected.
That you "feel better" when you take those drugs.........well, I won't discuss that.

I know from PERSONAL experience that depression is a discernable physical change which occurs within my physiological existence on this Earth.

Although I won't question that you as a person who suffers that condition, may feel changes etc, that's very far from a scientific evidence of the CAUSE of an organic malfunction.

Someday, I pray in my lifetime, there will be a measure for it which will enable the medical professionals to better treat depression in all its stages.

I believe that you mean EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS THAT IT IS AN ORGANIC MALFUNCTION what CAUSES it.
If that's what you mean I say AMEN TO THAT..!!! Because that means that there WILL be a VALID REASON TO PUT PEOPLE ON DRUGS..!!!

Oh and by the way...IF by taking the meds to bring the depression under control knocked off a few IQ points...so be it. I happily trade those points for a pain free and joyful life. However, again from personal experience, I’ve not noticed ANY discernable difference in my brain functionality after the ingestion of antidepressants.

I believe that a grown up person has the right to do with its life whatever he/she pleases, as long as the person is not been tricked to believe in scammers.
In other words, if somebody gives information to you, and you decide to observe because you think that it is important for you to know those things that you may not be aware of, or decide to ignore it because you think that you know better, or that you do with your life as you please, or ANY other reason you may think of, you have the absolute right to do so. Your life is yours.

However, the consequence that you describe from the use of those drugs doesn’t seem to be the only type of consequence;

January 17, 1989: Patrick Purdy, age 25; Purdy opened fire on a school yard full of young children in Stockton, California. During his vicious and unprovoked assault, Purdy killed five schoolchildren and wounded thirty others before killing himself. During the two years prior to the murders of the Stockton children, Purdy had been treated by psychiatrists who put him on the mind altering drugs Thorazine and Amitriptyline.

1995: Jarred Viktor, 16 years-old; Escondido, California; Stabbed his grandmother 61 times. Ten days prior to the murder, Jarred had been prescribed the anti-depressant Paxil.

November 3, 1995: Sergeant Steven B. Christian, a twenty-five-year commended veteran of the Dallas police force drove to a police sub-station and seriously wounded an officer outside in his attempt to get inside and shoot others. Christian was shot and killed by two fellow Dallas police officers. The autopsy revealed high levels of an antidepressant in his blood

April of 1996: Kurt Danysh (18); Was prescribed the drug Prozac (from Eli Lilly) by a general practitioner who failed to perform any psychological testing. Shortly after beginning to take his Prozac prescription, Kurt, a normally outgoing teenager, became withdrawn and moody. By the second week, he was restless and violent. He got into a fight with his best friend and purposely crashed his truck into a stone wall. This was out of character for Kurt. Seventeen days after his first dose of Prozac, he shot and killed his father by firing a shotgun blast into his father's head. Kurt had no history of violence prior to Prozac. He was convicted of murdering his father and sentenced to 22.5 to 60 years in prison. Kurt later said, "I didn't realize I did it until after it was done, and then I realized it. This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun."

http://www.teenscreentruth.com/psychiatry_drugs_suicide.html ^^^^^

http://www.psychiatry.info/deaths-caused-by-psychiatry/drug-company-the-fda-finally-admit-paxil-causes-increased-suicide-risk/

http://www.outlookcities.com/psych/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19025494.100.html
 gmaverick
Msg: 3 (view)

Help guys!!! what does it mean when.......
Posted: 7/31/2006 1:35:28 PM
No I don't think that you are wrong (based on what you said), but I think that if he said that, unless he's lying, there should be a reason for him to feel so, in which case, I would say that there's "something" missing here.
 gmaverick

guys if you can help
Posted: 7/31/2006 1:16:42 PM
^^^^ I agree, find a lawyer and get some info to see what you can do.

I would suggest -like someone already said- not to lend money that you can't afford to lose.

There are some people who live taking advantage of others, so you can get mistreated in many different ways, so you have to learn how to detect them and/or defend yourself in every area of life, otherwise this type of people WILL take advantage of you.

Good luck to you.
 gmaverick
Msg: 5 (view)

Men and the rubber band theory
Posted: 7/31/2006 1:49:50 AM
I would encourage you to OBSERVE how people act, first you may be able to see if "men" are/act all the same, and maybe even to see that people who write books like those are interested on the money they'll make from it.
I know a person who lives in California who writes food recipes books, he gets every recipe he can from magazines, papers etc... from other countries and make a book with it, so he's able to do that, but don't ask him to fry an egg, because he has no clue.
 gmaverick
Msg: 14 (view)

need male input
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:55:46 PM

you guys think hes jsut gonna end up doing the same thing to me and then pulling a dissapering act again?

By the way you describe the situation, that's what it seems.

And whether that will take place or not depends on your personal values, and how you consider yourself.
 gmaverick
Msg: 4 (view)

Who's your daddy?
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:25:32 PM
I think that in the general sense is the one who raises you; legally it would be the one who wrote his name on the birth certificate, I guess.
This makes me remember some people that I saw in TV looking for their roots, biological father/mother.
 gmaverick
Msg: 189 (view)

A hidden truth.. Depression...
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:02:41 PM
And for Maverick, depression is a real illness that I have known many people to suffer from including family.

AdamantEthos;

It seems that you didn't get what I said either, what I said is that depression is NOT an illness and that there are SCIENTISTS WHO STUDY THE FIELD SAYING SO AND REQUESTING THAT EVIDENCE THAT NO ONE HAS SHOWN YET.
There is an "organic disease/illness" been "treated" with drugs that alters the natural behavior of the brain, with terrible consequences, for which there is NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.
So, let's see if you get it this time, the people who are saying this, are NOT carpenters, or electricians, or accountants, or waiters, they are SCIENTISTS, NEUROLOGIST, MDs, EVEN
PSYCHIATRISTS THEMSELVES.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with what I think about a person who is depressed.
I'm going to put some references here, this places have links where you can see even more scientists addressing the subject and you can take a look and see whether you consider that you know better than these doctors and scientists:

FRED A. BAUGHMAN JR., MD RESPONDS TO PRODUCER OF FRONTLINE (PBS) DOCUMENTARY "MEDICATING KIDS"

WHAT I AM, MS. GAVIRIA, IS A SCIENTIFIC PHYSICIAN, A NEUROLOGIST/CHILD NEUROLOGIST,.....

Not a single, solitary, psychiatricdisorder/condition/diagnosis has been validated as an organic disease,having a confirming/validating, objective, physical or chemical abnormality (genetic, biochemical, within the brain or body).......

There is no demonstrable physical abnormality in ADHD or schizophrenia to validate either as diseases. The physical abnormality, Ms. Gaviria, is the disease. Psychiatry cannot have its own definition of "disease,"but that doesn't stop them from trying, nor does it stop them from
inventing illusions of diseases, with which to deceive the public and push drugs.

http://www.adhdfraud.com/commentary/8-8-01-3.htm ^^^^^

Academy
for the Study of the
Psychoanalytic Arts

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"
Eaton T. Fores

Various sorts of brain imaging techniques are currently very much in vogue: a PET scan (positron emission tomography, which visualizes regional energy utilization in the brain) of a depressed person is different from the same scan of a "normal" person. A SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) scan is even more impressive, since it has the ability to visualize particular kinds of receptors. But this line of argument is entirely fallacious. If the argument is: mental state x can be shown to have a physiological substrate, therefore it is pathological, the response is obvious. All mental states, without exception, have neurochemical substrates. This proves exactly nothing.
No doubt there are neurochemical differences between conservatives and liberals, too.

Who, however, is to decide which state is pathological? Brain imaging techniques are currently the favorite tool used by biopsychiatrists to argue for a purported physiological cause for the various phenomena called "mental illnesses," largely because the scans yield brightly colored pictures of the brain – almost like coloring book drawings – which can be shown to the public and which appear to offer highly dramatic demonstrations of something "wrong" with the brain that has fewer bright colors in it. The public generally knows little about either scientific method or logical inference, and even less about the interpretation of brain scans, and so is likely to be mightily impressed by this "scientific evidence."

So PET and SPECT scans of people called schizophrenic, or depressed, or obsessive-compulsive, are compared to those of people called "normal", and differences between the images are taken as evidence of a biochemical original for mental illness. Do the varieties of consciousness called mental illnesses have a biochemical substrate? Of course they do, but, as noted above, this is only because every kind of mental state has such a substrate.

http://psychrights.org/Research/Digest/TheBrain/NoChemicalImbalances.htm ^^^^^

Famous PSYCHIATRIST L.R. MOSHER resigns from the American Psychiatric Association in disgust...

Now, to begin with, anything that has an anatomically defined specific brain pathology becomes the province of neurology (syphilis is an excellent example). So, to be consistent with this "brain disease" view all the major psychiatric disorders would become the territory of our neurologic colleagues.......

Finally, why must the APA pretend to know more than it does? DSM IV is the fabrication upon which psychiatry seeks acceptance by medicine in general. Insiders know it is more a political than scientific document.......

Diagnostic reliability is easy to attain for research projects. The issue is what do the categories tell us? Do they in fact accurately represent the person with a problem? They don't, and can't, because there are no external validating criteria for psychiatric diagnoses. There is neither a blood test nor specific anatomic lesions for any major psychiatric disorder. So, where are we? APA as an organization has implicitly (sometimes explicitly as well) bought into a theoretical hoax. Is psychiatry a hoax, as practiced today?...........

http://www.oikos.org/mosher.htm ^^^^^

Washington (March 24) - Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Rep. James Greenwood (R-PA), Chairman of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, today sent a letter to the Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Mark McClellan, requesting information on the use of antidepressants by children and the possibility of increased suicidal behavior from that usage, as well as details on the FDA's handling of this information.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/03242004_1243.htm ^^^^^

FDA Responds to Barton, Greenwood Inquiry on Antidepressant Use;

"FDA's primary medical reviewer believed that the available data were sufficient to conclude an association exists between the use of antidepressants and suicidal behavior in children. He also recommended that action occur without further delay, although others at FDA disagreed with his recommendation. There are troubling questions of whether FDA supervisors inappropriately suppressed significant information that would have been of consequence to their own advisory committee, not to mention the public.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/04152004_1251.htm ^^^^^

The DSM IV (The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, volume 4) is the latest and current version of the standard handbook of "mental illnesses" as determined by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). What comes into question with this manual is the manner and method by which these supposed mental illnesses are determined and by whom.......

PAUL MCHUGH, CHAIRMAN OF PSYCHIATRY AT JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, SAID OF THE PROFESSION'S VAUNTED DSM:

"Diagnostic and Statistical Manual" (DSM) has "permitted groups of 'experts' with a bias to propose the existence of conditions without anything more than a definition and a checklist of symptoms. This is just how witches used to be identified." As quoted by John Cloud in Time magazine's annual 2003 health issue.

PSYCHIATRIST RON LEIFER describes the illogical, idiotic life he was forced to lead:

"Everyone is neurotic. I have no trouble giving out diagnoses. In my office I only see abnormal people. Out of my office, I see only normal people. It's up to me. It's just a joke. This is what I mean by this fraud, this arrogant fraud ... To make some kind of pretension that this is a scientific statement is ... damaging to the culture." - Ron Leifer, psychiatrist, quoted in Cloning of the American Mind, by Beverly Eakman, 1997

"Only in psychiatry is the existence of physical disease determined by APA presidential proclamations, by committee decisions, and even, by a vote of the members of APA, not to mention the courts". - PETER BREGGIN, TOXIC PSYCHIATRY

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psych_billing_bible.html ^^^^^

Psychiatric "disorders"
Completely lacking in scientific proof or validity...

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psychiatric_disorders.html ^^^^^
 gmaverick
Msg: 26 (view)

When you finally know and it's time to accept.
Posted: 7/30/2006 9:53:09 PM
Geeezzz.......I thought we were getting rid of you finally, but you are staying..!!!

I was hoping to start planning the invasion of Canada to steal your gorgeous ladies, now that you were leaving (I thought)

Weeellllll.......I guess I have no choice but Waite, don't worry, I'm patient.........veeeery patient...

And since I have nothing to do but wait; I guess I'll wish the best to you both, because I'm also one who thinks that you are one of the great persons on here, and one who has learned the lessons of life, and uses that knowledge, which I perceived though your posts and makes me respect you and like you as well.

Prosper and flourish mon ami.......cheers...!

Going back to business...I know that you are aware that I just say that so you relax your
guard to invade you by surprise........but don't worry, sooner or later you'll fall asleep, or something, and when you wake up, it'll be late......I'm waiting brother,.... I'm waiting...
 gmaverick

Horribly, horribly confused about this guy
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:44:40 PM
Yeap. "Something" doesn't make sense.

Why is a grown man living with his parents..???

And why does he allow them to run his life..???
 gmaverick
Msg: 8 (view)

Pints
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:37:45 PM
I don't drink alcohol and have nothing against those who do, but no, I wouldn't approach a girl if she's drinking alcohol.
 gmaverick
Msg: 153 (view)

ADHD and ADD the real thing or a cop out?
Posted: 7/29/2006 4:07:57 PM
Op; I think you may like to take a look at this:

FRED A. BAUGHMAN JR., MD RESPONDS TO PRODUCER OF FRONTLINE (PBS) DOCUMENTARY "MEDICATING KIDS"

What I am, Ms. Gaviria, is a scientific physician, a neurologist/child neurologist,.....

Not a single, solitary, psychiatricdisorder/condition/diagnosis has been validated as an organic disease,having a confirming/validating, objective, physical or chemical abnormality (genetic, biochemical, within the brain or body).......

There is no demonstrable physical abnormality in ADHD or schizophrenia to validate either as diseases. The physical abnormality, Ms. Gaviria, is the disease. Psychiatry cannot have its own definition of "disease,"but that doesn't stop them from trying, nor does it stop them from
inventing illusions of diseases, with which to deceive the public and push drugs.

http://www.adhdfraud.com/commentary/8-8-01-3.htm ^^^^^

Academy
for the Study of the
Psychoanalytic Arts

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"
Eaton T. Fores

Various sorts of brain imaging techniques are currently very much in vogue: a PET scan (positron emission tomography, which visualizes regional energy utilization in the brain) of a depressed person is different from the same scan of a "normal" person. A SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) scan is even more impressive, since it has the ability to visualize particular kinds of receptors. But this line of argument is entirely fallacious. If the argument is: mental state x can be shown to have a physiological substrate, therefore it is pathological, the response is obvious. All mental states, without exception, have neurochemical substrates. This proves exactly nothing.
No doubt there are neurochemical differences between conservatives and liberals, too.

Who, however, is to decide which state is pathological? Brain imaging techniques are currently the favorite tool used by biopsychiatrists to argue for a purported physiological cause for the various phenomena called "mental illnesses," largely because the scans yield brightly colored pictures of the brain – almost like coloring book drawings – which can be shown to the public and which appear to offer highly dramatic demonstrations of something "wrong" with the brain that has fewer bright colors in it. The public generally knows little about either scientific method or logical inference, and even less about the interpretation of brain scans, and so is likely to be mightily impressed by this "scientific evidence."

So PET and SPECT scans of people called schizophrenic, or depressed, or obsessive-compulsive, are compared to those of people called "normal", and differences between the images are taken as evidence of a biochemical original for mental illness. Do the varieties of consciousness called mental illnesses have a biochemical substrate? Of course they do, but, as noted above, this is only because every kind of mental state has such a substrate.

http://psychrights.org/Research/Digest/TheBrain/NoChemicalImbalances.htm ^^^^^

Famous psychiatrist L.R. Mosher resigns from the American Psychiatric Association in disgust...

Now, to begin with, anything that has an anatomically defined specific brain pathology becomes the province of neurology (syphilis is an excellent example). So, to be consistent with this "brain disease" view all the major psychiatric disorders would become the territory of our neurologic colleagues.......

Finally, why must the APA pretend to know more than it does? DSM IV is the fabrication upon which psychiatry seeks acceptance by medicine in general. Insiders know it is more a political than scientific document.......

Diagnostic reliability is easy to attain for research projects. The issue is what do the categories tell us? Do they in fact accurately represent the person with a problem? They don't, and can't, because there are no external validating criteria for psychiatric diagnoses. There is neither a blood test nor specific anatomic lesions for any major psychiatric disorder. So, where are we? APA as an organization has implicitly (sometimes explicitly as well) bought into a theoretical hoax. Is psychiatry a hoax, as practiced today?...........

http://www.oikos.org/mosher.htm ^^^^^

Washington (March 24) - Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Rep. James Greenwood (R-PA), Chairman of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, today sent a letter to the Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Mark McClellan, requesting information on the use of antidepressants by children and the possibility of increased suicidal behavior from that usage, as well as details on the FDA's handling of this information.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/03242004_1243.htm ^^^^^

FDA Responds to Barton, Greenwood Inquiry on Antidepressant Use;

"FDA's primary medical reviewer believed that the available data were sufficient to conclude an association exists between the use of antidepressants and suicidal behavior in children. He also recommended that action occur without further delay, although others at FDA disagreed with his recommendation. There are troubling questions of whether FDA supervisors inappropriately suppressed significant information that would have been of consequence to their own advisory committee, not to mention the public.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/04152004_1251.htm ^^^^^

The DSM IV (The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, volume 4) is the latest and current version of the standard handbook of "mental illnesses" as determined by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). What comes into question with this manual is the manner and method by which these supposed mental illnesses are determined and by whom.......
Paul McHugh, chairman of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University, said of the profession's vaunted DSM:

"Diagnostic and Statistical Manual" (DSM) has "permitted groups of 'experts' with a bias to propose the existence of conditions without anything more than a definition and a checklist of symptoms. This is just how witches used to be identified." As quoted by John Cloud in Time magazine's annual 2003 health issue.

Psychiatrist Ron Leifer describes the illogical, idiotic life he was forced to lead:

"Everyone is neurotic. I have no trouble giving out diagnoses. In my office I only see abnormal people. Out of my office, I see only normal people. It's up to me. It's just a joke. This is what I mean by this fraud, this arrogant fraud ... To make some kind of pretension that this is a scientific statement is ... damaging to the culture." - Ron Leifer, psychiatrist, quoted in Cloning of the American Mind, by Beverly Eakman, 1997

"Only in psychiatry is the existence of physical disease determined by APA presidential proclamations, by committee decisions, and even, by a vote of the members of APA, not to mention the courts". - Peter Breggin, Toxic Psychiatry

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psych_billing_bible.html ^^^^^

Psychiatric "disorders"
Completely lacking in scientific proof or validity...

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psychiatric_disorders.html ^^^^^
 gmaverick

Can animals tell time?
Posted: 7/28/2006 11:26:57 PM
^^^What kind of pill is that..???

Yeah, I think they can tell, I use to ask my cat what time is it whenever I didn't have any watch around, so he would look at me with that face, -you know?- like "I know but I won't tell you", so he never did but I always wondered why he wouldn't tell me..?!

Seriously though, I think they do have some kind of internal clock, as well as perceive things that we don't before it happen, like catastrophes, etc...

My Grandma had a dog once, in a house that was about 1 mile from the City, one day this dog was sleeping and woke up abruptly and left the house running like crazy, we watch him disappear on the horizon and we were all wondering why he would do that.

After an hour or so a taxi approaches the house, we went out to see who was coming and it was one of my aunts, she came out the taxi and the dog right after her.
She says that the dog went straight to her right before she took the taxi on the City and started to play with her and so forth and didn’t want to let her go, and run after the taxi, so she took him.
The thing is; my aunt last visit to my Grandma was 3 years before that because she lives in a different Country, and the dog was one and a half years old.
 gmaverick

How to deal with loneliness after getting out of a bad relationship by moving 200 miles away
Posted: 7/28/2006 6:03:57 PM
Sorry to hear that you are hurting man, I guess you did what's right for you.

I always encourage people not to allow ANYONE to abuse them in ANY way.

I know it probably tough on you, but like I said, I encourage you to start a new life for yourself, try to get some people to interact with in any way you can, and occupy your attention in as many things you can from all the ones you may like.

I think one of the main things you need is people to talk to, I would try to get in comm. and make new friends etc to interact with them, and or study something you would like to learn.

I'm giving you these links were there are people from your area, I'm sure you'll make some friends:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/personals/michigan.htm

Good luck to you, and remember; life is up ahead...
 gmaverick

RUDENESS
Posted: 7/28/2006 4:48:35 PM
^^^^^^^^

I am usually respectful to everyone, because like the previous poster said, it is the lubricant that allows interaction to be healthy.
Yet it doesn't mean that I respect people who disrespect me and/or tries to or abuse me and/or anyone else.
It doesn't necessarily means that I would disrespect that person, but that this person would never get respect from me, and usually I tend to drift away from that type of people. No interaction = no problems with that person.
 gmaverick

I dont Wanna Cave-in anymore.....
Posted: 7/28/2006 4:32:51 PM
Like someone else already said (I think) you can cut all communication lines, what doesn't exist in your life, can't cause any good or bad effect on you.

What happens in your life is what YOU allow to happen.

Personally I don't think you have to hide, in any way, of course that could help, but there's no need to modify your life because of a person who's bothering you, only let the person see that there's no effect of any kind (good or bad)been caused on you because of the person's actions.
After trying for a while, that person will give up. Of course you can use the hiding technique if you think you won't be able to remind immune to the person attempts to cause an effect on you.
As I see it, the wrong thing to do is: Nothing, therefore, anything you do will be better than doing nothing, and I think you should use that which you feel more comfortable with.

Good luck to you.
 gmaverick

PARANOID?
Posted: 7/28/2006 3:03:53 PM
Definition of paranoia (webster-dictionary)
par`a`noi´a Pronunciation: par`å`noi´å

2. Unwarranted suspicion of the motives of others; - used colloquially in a non-technical sense.

I think (per the definition) it could qualify as paranoia, because there is no warranty that a person, who belongs to a group, will behave or have the same motives as other person/s on that group.

Definition of Identify
I`den´ti`fy
v. t. 1. To make to be the same; to unite or combine in such a manner as to make one; to treat as being one or having the same purpose or effect; to consider as the same in any relation.
[imp. & p. p. Identified ; p. pr. & vb. n. Identifying .]

Yet I see more like Identifying, having the computation===> A=A=A=A=A, in other words this computation makes "everyone the same," which is obviously false, since there are not two people "the same."
 gmaverick

Based upon reading these forums...
Posted: 7/28/2006 1:23:03 AM
I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For--- by U2 Speaks by itself.......;)
 gmaverick

If I leave you will you come too?
Posted: 7/28/2006 1:07:59 AM
Yeap. Some people play games that me no comprehend... :) J/k
 gmaverick

Damaged Goods??
Posted: 7/27/2006 11:18:40 PM
You are what you consider yourself to be, you only can be what other people says/think when you agree with it.
There are people who'll think both ways, but you don't need to agree with neither of them.

If you know what you are, and feel confident about yourself, who cares what others think/says about you..???

You are worried because you are contacted only by a$$holes..???

You think that it has to do with the fact that you have a child..??? Ha ha...

Look around on the forums and you'll find lots of girls/woman complaining about the same thing, and no all of them have a child, so you do the math mon ami.
 gmaverick

why do people get back together when they are complete jerks to each other ?
Posted: 7/27/2006 11:07:33 PM
Compatibility:

Com`pat`i`bil´i`ty
n. 1. The quality or power of being compatible or congruous; congruity; as, a compatibility of tempers; a compatibility of properties.

Generate;

Affinity:

5. (Nat. Hist.) A relation between species or higher groups dependent on resemblance in the whole plan of structure, and indicating community of origin.
6. (Spiritualism) A superior spiritual relationship or attraction held to exist sometimes between persons, esp. persons of the opposite sex; also, the man or woman who exerts such psychical or spiritual attraction.
 gmaverick

What does he want?
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:36:43 PM
It seems that he's not in condition to date neither you nor anyone.

I say; you life is yours; you are the one who decide what to do with it, NOT other people, unless you allow that to happen of course.
 gmaverick
Msg: 13 (view)

Man or Mouse ???????
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:28:56 PM

I agree to that, how can a relationship survive if you dont work out any misunderstandings and problems etc Young blokes cant hack it but older ones can.

How can it survive under those conditions..??? I think it won't survive.

I believe that for it to happen, a high level of tolerance/capacity to confront, problematic situations is needed on both sides, as well as impartiality when addressing the subject, good evaluation skills, and care for the other person/s.
 gmaverick
Msg: 9 (view)

Do you think MEN suffer from a form of PMS without the obvious?
Posted: 7/27/2006 5:45:04 PM
"Do you think MEN suffer from a form of PMS without the obvious?"

I sure hope we don't..!!!
 gmaverick
Msg: 6 (view)

Racism Is Still Alive
Posted: 7/27/2006 4:08:04 PM
^^^^^in order to distract the attention from himself, but I don't think that he's a racist because of his weight; he is a racist because he is a racist.
Otherwise every person who is overweighed would be racist, and that's not true.

He is a racist because is an anti-social, no more no less.
 gmaverick
Msg: 11 (view)

looks?
Posted: 7/27/2006 2:44:51 PM
It depends on the woman, whatever is more important to her.
 gmaverick
Msg: 8 (view)

looks?
Posted: 7/27/2006 2:26:59 PM
Looks maybe what catch the attention at first, yet when the interaction starts on a relationship, you'll see how little use you can give to "looks", and how many other things come into play for which "looks" are useless.
 gmaverick

Is this being to sentimental to deserve respect in return? Am I asking to much for at least a call
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:29:51 PM
Like ubkobalt said, you are not wrong for feeling like that, and you should do those things for people who appreciate it.

Yet I think THIS:

When I've never asked for anything in return, never any expectations

Is you problem; this is wrong, wrong, wrong!

A relationship consists of two people investing the same amount of energy in it, to be a healthy relationship.

Good luck to you.
 gmaverick

hi
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:13:41 PM
There is a forum called "profile reviews"

And I don't know, your pics are not full body to say.

"Profile reviews"

Good luck.
 gmaverick

how soon
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:05:34 PM
There's no such a thing like standard behavior for everyone, every person is different, and it depends on the person's set of personal values.

The reason for that could be that the ones, who say that, probably want a lady, yet a "lady" may not the only thing they want.
 gmaverick
Msg: 36 (view)

hmmm can a guy tell????
Posted: 7/27/2006 1:01:39 AM
I have known some girls that had no discomfort at all, and one particular that was very painful for her, I remember I use to feel so bad by seen her going through that pain, but she was the only one I ever knew personally, and on time it was getting a bit better for her as well.
 gmaverick
Msg: 34 (view)

hmmm can a guy tell????
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:47:44 AM
I guess is easier to perceive when they are ovulating.......

The period affect some very badly, some don't even notice it.
 gmaverick

Whats With Perverts
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:18:47 AM
I think you could take a dictionary and check these words: Ethics, Moral, Responsibility, Integrity, Honesty, and Reliability and learn the meaning of each of them.

When you are interacting with a person, OBSERVE (don't ask) that person behavior, and see whether those personal values are present or not in all areas of that person's life.

If they are, you won't have that problem, if they aren't, that may be a person you don't want to interact with.
 gmaverick

What does THIS mean???
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:07:25 AM
"Confused"...

I think that's the key word, that's where he wants you, the easiest way to control a person is by getting him/her confused.
 gmaverick

some random problems of the mind
Posted: 7/27/2006 12:03:20 AM
It seems that you are a little confused there; but I guess I got what you mean.

I would say, don't do anything that you don't feel comfortable with, and let people say whatever they want, people don't run your life; YOU do.
 gmaverick
Msg: 20 (view)

POF addicts
Posted: 7/26/2006 6:54:39 PM
Damm right^^^^^^^^

Good luck to you, you may have to pull yours as well.
 gmaverick
Msg: 34 (view)

Dealing with schizophrenia
Posted: 7/26/2006 5:19:18 PM
Neuroscience:

Neuroscience is a field of study that deals with the structure, function, development, genetics, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology of the nervous system, consisting of the myriad nerve pathways running throughout the body. The study of behavior and learning is also a division of neuroscience.

I suggest to take her to a NEUROLOGIST, if there's something wrong with her brain, they are the ones who know; it is their duty to know what a neurological disease is, and what is not.
Not a psychiatrist's.

Good luck to you and your sister.
 gmaverick

How did I end up with another cheater?!
Posted: 7/26/2006 4:55:47 PM

he used to cheat on his ex all the time!

I think that when you see a person with this type of behavior, there's no need to hear any voice inside to tell you anything.

People who deceive/betray others constantly, is showing that's how he/she behaves, and when it comes to you there'll be no difference, he/she'll betray you because that's how that person behaves.

I think that if there may be something that you did which was not appropriate, was to believe that he would behave differently with you for whatever reason, instead of rely on what you previously SAW YOURSELF.

There's a maxim that says:

"WHAT IS TRUE FOR YOU IS WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN YOURSELF; AND WHEN YOU LOSE THAT, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING"

I would say not to worry, take it as a learned lesson from life, and next time OBSERVE AND BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU SEE.
 gmaverick
Msg: 9 (view)

Been there. Done that
Posted: 7/26/2006 3:31:09 PM
What can help you to break that circle is to extrovert your attention, look at the things around you, look at the people around you, see that they are here today, and they are not "the same as others" every person is different even though there may be some similarities, every person is unique, and you need some interaction with that specific person to be able to OBSERVE that person's personal values and character in action.
 gmaverick

How did I end up with another cheater?!
Posted: 7/26/2006 3:19:09 PM

I don't think the wrong guy is a guy who kisses you more times than you can count per day, holds your hand all the time, and can't wait to see you so he can hug you.

If this is what you use as a foundation to determine what's a "good/bad guy" I guess you gonna have a lot more of those situations.

You said you knew this person for two years.

What did you observe on this person's behavior in those two years..???
 gmaverick

language barrier
Posted: 7/26/2006 2:51:02 PM
I think it depends on the person.

There are people who say what they want to say.

There are people who want to say but are not able to express themselves clearly.

There are people who would say half of what they want to say and assume that you "should know the rest."

And there are people who use metaphors/ironies trying to say something.
 gmaverick

A man that needs some advice.
Posted: 7/26/2006 2:40:49 PM
No, usually I don't interact with unpredictable people, but I think that the times you were there for here doesn't make much difference since she has taken that decision.

A person can't be forced to do something he/she don't want to.
 gmaverick
Msg: 26 (view)

Are people going mad these days?
Posted: 7/26/2006 2:35:26 PM
Society’s games will make pressure on you IF YOU AGREE to play those games, and participate on them.

I would agree with you, that (I think) most people do play the game/s, and they get affected by it, some very dramatically.
Yet the choice to be or not to be a part of it will always be yours.

Nothing can cause an effect on you, if you don't want to.

To be the best a person can be -for instance- is a personal decision, there are people who decide to be just the way they are.

Everything else is the same.
 gmaverick
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2006 11:00:07 AM
Since she's your sister, I don't think you would like to make it worse for her, so here is some info you may like to see as well.

http://psychrights.org/Research/Digest/TheBrain/NoChemicalImbalances.htm

http://www.adhdfraud.com/commentary/8-8-01-3.htm

http://www.oikos.org/mosher.htm

http://www.mindfreedom.org/mindfreedom/hungerstrike1.shtml#original
 gmaverick
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2006 2:08:53 AM
I understand, and I do have some data but the subject is been studied as we talk by neurologists and bio-neurologists all over the world, yet the research is in the very first stages, let's say that it is starting to move right now.
Many other things are in observation right now on these fields; the only thing that is conclusive is that Psychiatry and their "drugs treatment" are nothing but a fraud that only worsens people's conditions.

Don't worry we'll get there.

Show ALL Forums