Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What do you make of this?
 jeweldancer
Msg: 2 (view)

What do you make of this?
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:58:40 PM
Wow! What can one say when one arrives at a different space then the other. One could say that you now know the essence of what you are looking for and to keep looking. it is hard when you are emotionally attached and from the depth of withing in so many ways....
Maybe set her free and she may come back...I wish you well with much light, joy and most of all love on your journey...JD
 jeweldancer

Should I take up Smoking at Work so I can get lots of Breaks too ?
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:57:35 AM
Maybe thinking outside the square, buy an egg timer and when the sand runs out that is it. fair for all then..
 jeweldancer
Msg: 3 (view)

heartbroken
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:34:41 AM
Heartbroken,
I employ you to reach out for any support organizations/ agents that are in your area. Emotionally this is not conducive to your mental and physical wellbeing nor that of your children. If you stay it makes a statement to your children that this is an acceptable way of being treated.
I ask you to consider on what bases or fear do you stay or do you thing that this is how you should be treated? I wish you well in your future with much love and healing JD
 jeweldancer
Msg: 132 (view)

where is everybody ?
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:46:51 AM
Kia Ora from New Zealand
Below Australia and first country in the world to see the day come in...
How is the fishing going and i hope you are enjoying the start of the magical summer...JD
 jeweldancer
Msg: 31 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/23/2009 9:59:23 PM
Well I guess it is a secret society that we non-serious slackers need to infiltrate

Seems to be doesn't it?

Only if in your mind you think it is... Enjoy the
 jeweldancer
Msg: 29 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:03:15 PM
Howdidigethere..are to maddness and the reflective prisms of the mind...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 28 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:01:52 PM
Shabbikid...Thank you for your opinion...and it is not yours to demoralise others for different believes...Maybe one should take ones own medicine when giving out advice...and you have attacked.... mmm one is no more right then the other just diiferent opinions...Enjoy the journey
 jeweldancer
Msg: 26 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/23/2009 12:08:02 AM
Shabbikid This is exactly what I've been talking about. A third party( The powers that be) making decisions for people. Any person on here with or without the Gold Dot can be serious and many with and without it are not. So this takes us back to the begining of things.

In my humble opinion getting dates and meeting the right person has nothing to do with Gold Dots. I've read some great profiles then met the person and neither of us wanted to continue. I've read profiles that literally stunk but the person was a great person.

My point is it's in the person not Gold Dots and profiles.

Itsmedoggie, the true concept to having Gold Dots appear to be for looks only....DUH!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your opinion which is just that, your opinion.. Why do you have to demoralise writting dah!! or is this about your attention...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 27 (view)

Dating a married man or women.
Posted: 4/22/2009 2:43:29 AM
What is wrong... if you have committed your word and the intergrity of your word to the relationship. If you wish to change the status of the relationship then with agreement from both parties it then becomes an open relationship. Justifying it without the agreement or acknowledgement of the patner for me is wrong....
We can readily make excuses for our way of being and our actions yet are we standing in what we have committed too or do we change the rules to suit when ever...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 23 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/22/2009 2:30:43 AM
txn4: well written. Quite amazing how people have denounced others with the dot. Whether you have a dot is a choice. AGAIN, why try to demorilise some who have. I do not demorilse you if you have not got a dot...
Ejoying the as that is what we are all on here for whetther it be friends, talk / eamil, loing term or what ever
 jeweldancer
Msg: 14 (view)

What little treasures...
Posted: 4/20/2009 11:51:44 PM
Wow!!! There is certainly a box of little treasures in these posts and such variety..

Thank you all for sharing some of your magic...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 139 (view)

Your quote for the week!!
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:31:35 PM
"This above all;
to thy own self be true".

By
William Shakespeare
 jeweldancer
Msg: 21 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:29:41 PM
itsmedoggie I think It is a step "above"........" serious".Wow it looks like us "non-serious" members have been chopped off at the knees........

Think of the savings then on not having to buy footwear...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 42 (view)

Trapping, the best bait you ever used
Posted: 4/14/2009 9:50:01 PM
Just being confident in who you are and being present in the moment...no traps as they stop the possibilites of exploration...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 6 (view)

Intimacy in a relationship
Posted: 4/14/2009 9:45:06 PM
I thnk that the connection is really important and sometimes this can be instant or grow over time. it depends on the situation, circumstances and agends of each individual... it also depends on what people are open too...
Happy everyone
 jeweldancer
Msg: 57 (view)

Picture Vs. No Picture
Posted: 4/14/2009 9:42:43 PM
I think it is a personal choice and personal reasons as to whether people wish to place their photo on their profile. For some it is a privacy issue and for others it is not to be regognised. For me, i woulod rather be stright up with no hidden agenda.
It is personally what works for each individual...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 18 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/14/2009 2:35:42 PM
Shabbikid One thing I've found are those that have the Gold Dot but have "TALK/E-MAIL". How serious is that? Are they actually serious or is it a game they play?

Too, if you only have contacts by Gold Dot members or you contact Gold Dot members only you're chances are low and will get lower.....So why pay for a Gold Dot simply because it's available?

I think if a person contacts another their e-mail shows how serious they are especially e-mail with substance and rational wording......

I have ask before this question but will ask again: How many more contacts/dates/meetings has a Gold Dot person had than the ones without the Gold Dot?

That is not the reasoning behind my choices that you have stated above as a possibility. The statistics would have to be gaged by measurerments through this site. So statistically if you require that information then you would need to place an enquiry through to the administration of this site...
I ask you, does it really matter if people choose a gold dot or not and who are we to validate others choices?//
Hapy
 jeweldancer
Msg: 765 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:23:35 PM
Kia Ora from the land of the long white cloud (New Zealand) ...below Australia and first country in the world to great the new day in...
Great site and interesting people...I wish you all an inspirational jurney that brings many smiles and magic moments of inspiration into your live...JD
 jeweldancer
Msg: 37 (view)

Question about Favorites
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:21:02 PM
A show of interest... Maybe you could reply back and thank them for popping in as sometimes people are unsure on approach..I wish you wll on your journey..
 jeweldancer
Msg: 284 (view)

Why do most women not reply or give it a try?
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:16:55 PM
People make choices...if you do not get a reply move on... Some people get over loaded with responses, others can not be bothered for what ever reason....
Look at the positives as there are plenty of fish and those are butt a few...
Wishing you well on the trip in the futurre...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 17 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:56:25 PM
Wait, so someone like me looking for a long term relationship has to PAY on a free site to show that I am serious about this? o.O

If you choose too you can...either way it does not mean that people are not seriously looking with or without the Gold Dot... The choice is personally whether you see that it adds value or not...

I wish you well with your
 jeweldancer
Msg: 16 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/13/2009 3:53:24 PM
The question is, how many more dates or how many more men/women does the person meet having the Gold Dot than those of us that do not have it? Checking the profiles there isn't as many with Gold Dots as there are that do not have them.....If a Gold Dot makes a person more serious than one that doesn't have one then certainly there aren't many serious people on here and the odds of meeting a serious person are low......And I'm very serious!

Good luck to you,too!

I do not read it like that and that is where points of view and differences come into play. I am not stating that anyone with out the Gold Dot is less serious then anyone that has a Gold Dot. It is a choice that i made same as you and why dispute each others choices as they are no more or less then each other..

Good luck to you as well...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 198 (view)

Why or How Did You Choose Your Nickname
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:35:12 PM
I choose Jeweldancer as my profile name as i am currently doing belly dancing and tribal dancing courses...and this is one of my passions
 jeweldancer
Msg: 15 (view)

Serious member????????
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:32:48 PM
I am a serious member placing a statement out there i am am seriously looking for a long term relationship. At a glance people can see this when scanning the profiles.
I do not devalue people less or more for not having this on their profile or judge them. I look at this as an option i choose.
I wish ypou all well and happy fishing..
 jeweldancer

Single in public?
Posted: 4/12/2009 5:25:24 PM
I go to events, parties and dancing alone and meet some amazing people. The fear is ones own generated thought process of what others think yet the journey into life was one that you came in on your own ride. Enjoy the moments and endless possiblities...honor yourself
 jeweldancer
Msg: 68 (view)

Profile Preference Of Colour !
Posted: 4/12/2009 5:22:44 PM
I think it is down to personal perference...however i do wonder what experiences we give up when we are not open to other possibilites...just a thought
 jeweldancer

Why is it like this?
Posted: 4/12/2009 5:18:59 PM
I wonder why this goes to verbal depreciation yet the begining of the thread is losted..Just an opinion
 jeweldancer
Msg: 6 (view)

Why is it like this?
Posted: 4/12/2009 3:41:55 PM
The magic of sharing lifes experiences, the intamacy of getting to know someone on a deep level, having someone to share the ups and downs of life, the nuturing and support of believe in each other and the sharing of goals, attainment and so much more...The closeness and bonding of togetherness...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 11 (view)

Ladies/Gents - please answer this
Posted: 4/12/2009 3:37:56 PM
Sometimes it is like a competive game for some people... There loss as where they stand is not in intergrity and sincerity. They stand in one upmanship and can only play this game when others participate. You were luckly to find out early and not all men or women play this game. I wish you well on your journey...JD
 jeweldancer
Msg: 1199 (view)

The Sacred Act of Story Tellling Though Womens Eyes.
Posted: 3/5/2009 1:23:17 AM
A lot of women think about the unity of many, nurture many and dream of the togetherness. For this i have penned a small lovers verse:
" Let slumber over take you;
and let us sup together,
from nectars of our dreams".

It is about togetherness and unity...and so is healing
 jeweldancer
Msg: 19 (view)

Would you Marry the ONE you Love or Love the ONE you Marry?
Posted: 3/2/2009 2:37:19 AM
I believe like a fine wine....good things take time to mature....
 jeweldancer
Msg: 17 (view)

How To LOVE a Woman
Posted: 3/2/2009 1:56:34 AM
Ha! Jewells then your soul has been truly nurtured and caressed with amazing foot prints...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you ever feel awkward when asked how you met?
Posted: 3/2/2009 1:39:17 AM
I do not feel awkward at all. the internet to me is just a vehicle to a world of many and there is nothing wrong in utilising the many opportunities that this world opens to us... I wish you all well on your journey
 jeweldancer

To dance in my flame of desire
Posted: 2/27/2009 3:34:39 AM
are the freedom of your scribe has such beauty in the penmanship
 jeweldancer
Msg: 1 (view)

To dance in my flame of desire
Posted: 2/27/2009 1:27:10 AM
To Dance in My Flame of Desire and Exoticness

Erotic to me is a sensation, a feeling of heated moments, a look of lust and hunger, a desire, a flirtatious dance, hidden whispered words tangled in a web of sinful delight, a taste on my pallet that seduces my senses and slowly slides down the back of my throat, a voyeuristic peek of a hidden agenda... a hot tango that melts two bodies as one in the heat of desire and passion in the moment...
By Jeweldancer...
 jeweldancer
Msg: 10 (view)

What little treasures...
Posted: 2/27/2009 12:40:48 AM
I love the honesty and thought provoking moments that you have shared...Thank you
 jeweldancer
Msg: 9 (view)

What little treasures...
Posted: 2/26/2009 3:40:11 AM
Wow...thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts....What an amazing group of people and so generous in who you are...JD
 jeweldancer
Msg: 12 (view)

Do any of you in your 40s ever feel like a fish out of water in the dating scene?
Posted: 2/25/2009 3:00:25 AM

Not at all as age is not a consideration that stops me from enjoying people for myself or others....
I think the moment is now and that is what we have right now... The choice is whether we choose to live in it...
 jeweldancer

What little treasures...
Posted: 2/25/2009 1:52:54 AM
such a treasure for the soul and nicely scribed
 jeweldancer
Msg: 1 (view)

What little treasures...
Posted: 2/25/2009 1:32:25 AM
jazz and rock your world, make you want to stay in that relationship, how do these little treasures honor your world? What little treasures do you give back that jazz you just because you can? What would be the key ingredients for you when you are choosing a mate; partner; friendship in life and what would you not tolerate from another when looking at any of the above types of relationships?

Show ALL Forums