Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: he invites me over and comes to my house but still no number
 fyrelyte
Msg: 3 (view)

he invites me over and comes to my house but still no number
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:15:00 PM
I wouldn't even meet someone without a phone number (and at least one decent length phonecall) first.
 fyrelyte
Msg: 1709 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:13:18 PM
Hi... I live in southern Cali, in the Inland Empire (Riverside area). I wandered here to the forums because so far I'm flatlining in the browsed folks, or because the conversations being offered are boring me to tears. Honestly I used to think I had a vague idea what women wanted but I think any documented insights guys have obtained have been thrown out the door in the last year or so. I did date someone on here last year but almost from the beginning she had a grip of drama lol.

So who knows. Maybe the forum will give me some insight.
 fyrelyte
Msg: 1 (view)

Am I the only guy that doesn't like seeing only ass pics or cartoon ears?
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:10:40 PM
Am I the only guy who gets frustrated with that? Women who post only an ass or cleavage shot, or who cover their faces with those ears and tongue overlays.... that last one especially annoys me. Surprisingly, seeing just someone's ass or bewbs is a turn-off interest wise. And I'm not interested dating a drooling squirrel or rabbit. Kinda feel like there should be a rule that your main pic should always be your face. I'm smart, I won't meet someone without seeing more pics and a fair amount of conversation, but I can bet some dudes have been catfished by some critter-overlayed faces or a nice pair of boobs LOL
 fyrelyte
Msg: 14 (view)

Younger Men Older Women - IMPOSSIBLE at POF
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:04:17 PM
The age restriction is retarded. Any of you trying to rationalize its justification are way off base... think about it, we have people reassigning genders. I think that's a far more controversial topic (agree with it or not) than a 45 year old dating, say, a 25 year old. Or hell, even an 18 year old. We all are adults after 18. And honestly, the idea that it prevents creepers from contacting people younger than them is retarded, because there will always be creepers of all ages.

Simple solution is to let the user set it. Again, we are all adults. No training wheels (age restrictions) should be used. Maybe a frequent reminder to set our personal restrictions, along with a quick reminder how to get to the setting on desktop & mobile. That's it.

Anything else is presumptuous and about 15 years behind the times.

Show ALL Forums