Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Review please
 DTC1999
Msg: 1 (view)

Review please
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:02:16 AM
I decided to come back on the site after several years now that I am no longer in a relationship. I'm not much of a picture/selfie taker, but put some new ones on my page that I had in my phone. I haven't messaged anyone yet and just looking for some tips before I start searching again. It's definitely a weird feeling coming back to this site.. but here I am...
 DTC1999

Receiving a new type of match notification
Posted: 8/4/2015 2:37:22 PM
For the last several years, I have had the POF iphone app. Every Sunday and Wednesday, I have always received this notification from the app:

POF: "New Matches for [Today's date]"

For the last two weeks, I have still been receiving the previous notification every Sunday and Wednesday. I now also receive a new, similar notification several times everyday:

POF: "You have new matches waiting for you on POF!"

At first I thought the new notification was referring to the new "meet me" swiping system because I did start using it once they updated it, but when I open the app and check the mutual YES's for "meet me", there is no one new. So I am assuming it is for something else because I have been getting it everyday, sometimes once, twice, and three times daily in addition to the original notification.

Can someone tell me what it is for, if it is referring to something different from the original notification I have always received?
 dtc1999

Not seeing all results in My City search
Posted: 12/19/2014 1:11:26 PM
I have recently noticed in the My City search that once I got to around page 8 of results, each page after would only show one or no profiles, but the pages are listed usually up to 70.

This has always worked fine for years showing full pages of profiles until a few months ago when I first noticed this.

Does POF now limit the number of profiles you can view in a logged in session?

I thought it might have been one of my settings that was limiting the number of profiles being displayed. I had my range at 8 miles, so I increased it to 50 miles. The same results happened that around page 8 in the My City search, it will only list one or no profiles in the pages following. I also noticed in the first 8 pages after changing the range to 50 miles, that the profiles shown were the correct distance from me. So with increasing the range, which is supposed to give me more results but is still only showing 8 pages, I am not seeing all profiles that are in my search range.

Is anyone else aware of this issue and/or is POF now limiting the number of profiles we can see?
 dtc1999
Msg: 20 (view)

The 7 types of POF guys. Which one are YOU? ;)
Posted: 9/4/2012 12:43:55 PM
hey atleast you women have a choice in the type of guy on here

I have only seen ONE type of girls on this site......

SHALLOW ONES
 dtc1999
Msg: 13 (view)

He wants me to meet his parents - they're nudists
Posted: 9/1/2012 12:45:53 PM

He said his parents get offended by people who don't respect their ways and that it's their house

well, respect his parents ways and decline his offer to go visit their house.
 dtc1999
Msg: 6 (view)

Over 30 and On a Different Planet?
Posted: 9/1/2012 11:12:03 AM
The fact that you already written over 300 messages should be making it more apparent to you...

Do not rely on this site for anything. If a woman that you find attractive message you first, then great.. But don't send a first contact message with the expectation that she is definately going to write to you back.. In better words, don't waste too much of your time on this site..

We have all done it.. spend an entire evening on here messaging away, assured that one of these girls is going to message you back.. only to see the disappointment of Read Deleted and no responses.. Makes you wish that you went out that night and did something fun that you would of loved to remember..

This site has a point and for many it has worked and helped create many new marriages and families. But before this whole online dating became what it is today, no generation has ever had to rely on a website to find a date.. This generation is no different..

Don't put this site above going out and meeting new people in person.
 dtc1999
Msg: 64 (view)

32 and suddenly meeting a lot of 23 & 24 year olds... ?
Posted: 8/31/2012 11:02:27 AM
You know, I'm 31 and have my search filter set to ages 27-35. Since coming back to this site about 2 months ago, I noticed quite a shallowness in that range of women.. and very a little response rate.

Maybe I should experiment with the age filter to the bottom half of the 20's and see if it holds true for me as well...
 DTC1999
Msg: 68 (view)

31 YO... Am I Doomed By My non experience?
Posted: 8/31/2012 10:07:38 AM
ok the OP states that you recently had four dates and every single woman didn't want a second date because you are a Virgin?

My only question is why the f--- are you even telling them that?? No woman I ever dated ever asked me how much experience I had during the first date, so I can't even think of how they would come to know this info.. You must be telling them this during the first date, and of course they are feeling weirded out because of this.. First dates are awkward enough and talking about anything to do with sex (or lack thereof) isn't going to help one bit.. I can't believe you couldn't pick up on this after four dates..

The rule that you don't talk about your Ex's on a first date also applies that you don't talk about the fact that you don't have any Ex's.
 dtc1999
Msg: 14 (view)

Am I the bad guy in this story?
Posted: 8/28/2012 6:33:07 PM
it is as clear as this:

Sara put you on the shelf to go play with another toy..

Sara thinks she owns you along with all the other guys sitting on her toy shelf..

Sara freaks out when she sees that someone else been playing with her toys..

Get rid of this child and reply to that text from your Ex..

Just don't tell her about Sara..
 dtc1999
Msg: 11 (view)

Excuse for no 2nd date
Posted: 8/28/2012 5:11:15 PM
Honestly, I dont mean to bash the OP.. but I have to be honest..

Your first post you said right way that you had a great time, you laughed, time flew..
Then you said the guy wasted 2 hours of your time..

Did you have something better to do? Would you of rather spent 2 hours on a TUESDAY doing nothing than going out for dinner that he more than likely paid for and enjoying yourself in that time?

Would you of felt the same if he turned you down as soon as you met him and ruined your plans for the night?

In my book, that guy was first class.. He treated you out, made sure you had a good time, and then was HONEST with you at the end of the night..

and you respond by saying "Right.. OK.. Good Luck" then jump in your car and take off.. real mature...

You should hope every man you date has the respect this guy showed.
 dtc1999
Msg: 51 (view)

She just wants to be friends for now. Is there hope?
Posted: 8/28/2012 4:50:19 PM
Every woman on Earth has a different meaning for the term "Just Friends". Someone in this thread may post a comment that hits the nail on the head about how she feels about you.. Someone might already have.. But you will never know.. Every woman is different.

A little over two years ago I started talking with a woman on here. We ended up talking on the phone for 3 or 4 months.. hourly phone calls. You name it, we talked about it.. Finally we decided to meet for dinner. The date seemed to go well, but sure enough I got the friend card a few days later..

.. I took her up on that because we did create a type of bond with the months of communication that if there wasn't going to be a relationship, we already had a great friendship.. and we did continue to talk on the phone for several more months, but never meeting again. We would never even talk about relationships between us and/or with other people. It was a completely "Hey, how was your day? Guess what I did! blah (about an hour) blah Talk to you tomorrow!" type of friendship.

Then one day I started dating someone.. I went to call her to tell her that I found someone and what I thought about the girl.. Well I got "your call could not be completed as dialed". She apparently seen my face book relationship status changed and went ahead and blocked my number and on FB. I didn't know what to think.. I was kinda in shock. To this day, I still don't know what to make of it, because there was never contact again.

Sounds kinda hard to believe huh?

It just proves you will NEVER know what a woman means just "Just Friends". If you want to take that chance, then go along with it.. I did, and never will again.
 dtc1999
Msg: 4 (view)

Am I doing something wrong, ladies?
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:31:50 AM
I feel that in the "Profile Review" thread.. if you get high number of views and low replies, that means your profile is good.. No one can find anything wrong with it to post about.
 DTC1999
Msg: 5 (view)

50+ Messages and no responses...advice needed
Posted: 8/25/2012 8:46:52 AM
I learned the truth a long time ago on here.. There is nothing wrong with you.. The truth is.. even average looking women get more attention on here than they ever would in person.. That alone turns up the shallowness with most women on here.. Most of them are now expecting their Brad Pitt to message them.. leaving not just you, but them as well lonely at the computer....
 DTC1999
Msg: 38 (view)

Do women exist that do not want kids?
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:13:02 PM
from my experience on this site... 2 years ago I met a girl from POF who was 35, I was 29.. we clicked pretty good until I started talking long term.. she had no desire for marriage or kids... so within a few weeks after, it was over... so to answer the OP's question.. yes there are women on this site who don't want kids.. or marriage for that matter..
 DTC1999
Msg: 2 (view)

Just came back and completely updated profile
Posted: 8/24/2012 6:49:44 PM
hey choco.. thank you for that response.. and you are right.. I did word that wrongly.. I was refering to remodeling my own home, but used the phase "that you call your own" wrongly.

Good look on that, thank you.
 DTC1999

Just came back and completely updated profile
Posted: 8/24/2012 3:56:48 PM
I decieded to start using POF again so I logged on today and changed all my pics to current ones and wrote a brand new "about me" since the old one was about 3 years old.

I put alot of time and thought into what I wrote and it describes me completely.. atleast how I see myself..

Just looking for some feedback before I start casting out the fishin' pole again..

Thanks..
 dtc1999
Msg: 18 (view)

Profile Review please!!!
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:20:43 PM
Every sentence you write in your profile it seems like your making a joke. This might indeed be your personality, but how do you expect a woman to take you seriously?

This site doesn't find you a relationship, it helps you connect with others.. once you made that connection and your talking with her on the phone, or meeting for lunch, etc, thats when you might want to let out your "jokester" personality..

if your lucky.. she'll give you that "your so funny" giggle.. but I can assure you, you won't get it from her just reading your profile..
 dtc1999
Msg: 3 (view)

Looking for a better search method
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:36:51 PM
Yeah I never seen that "Not Viewed Yet" feature, and that seems to be what I need. I will check that out tonight. Thanks for the link.
 dtc1999

Looking for a better search method
Posted: 5/3/2010 10:31:48 AM
I usually come on the site every few days to do a search. The method I use is I click on "Viewed Me" and then at the bottom of the screen click "My City". This is the only method I am aware of that will let me search through users that I haven't already contacted.

I usually only have the time to view the first 10 pages or so and I might message 2 or 3 people within them.

I have noticed that about 95% of the people within those first 10 or pages are people that I have already viewed and decided not to contact. Everytime I look through the search results, I have to go through those same people. I am assuming those are the people that log on the most frequently and are always at the top of the list.

My question is there a way to block or remove people from appearing in my search results without them having to contact me first? That way I do not have to scroll through page after page of people that I already decided that I do not want to contact?

Thanks in advance and if there is a better way to do a search, please let me know.

Happy Fishing,
Damian
 dtc1999
Msg: 30 (view)

Review me please.
Posted: 12/21/2009 12:23:42 PM
only interest is cars? sometimes it is hard to think of things you like when your infront of a keyboard.. here are somethings that guys that are into cars might also like, that girls that might be interested in you might also like aswell:

ATVs, NASCAR, camping, kayaking, any sports or team, etc.

and thats just off the the top of my head

If you like any of those things, put them in. If your interests are all about the general same thing, than all your interests are going to just match you with the same girl.
 dtc1999
Msg: 3 (view)

profile needs some updating
Posted: 12/21/2009 9:25:51 AM
thanks for the info guys. When I put the profile together a few months ago, I remember putting a lot of thought into it, but never even realizing the things you pointed out until you brought them up.

Please keep info coming
 dtc1999

profile needs some updating
Posted: 12/21/2009 8:52:00 AM
I am back on the site after a few months, just looking for some positive changes that could be made to my profile. Dont be affraid to say anything negative you see about my profile.

if it seems like there is any info in the profile that is normally looked for that I am leaving out or if I should add more pictures. anything that will help

thanks
 dtc1999
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 7/27/2009 5:14:20 PM
My thread dropped to the second page of the forums without any replys so I am just UPing it to hopefully get a reply..

I just want some feedback on the pictures: Which one seems to be the best for the main and which ones need deleted.

Also I am looking for some opinions on how well my profile is written. Are any changes needed? or does it seem that I am leaving something out about myself?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give
 dtc1999

Profile Review
Posted: 7/27/2009 1:08:35 PM
A second opinion or more is always better than doing something without any help. Comparing my profile to others, I feel mine is right around the middle of the pack. I am just looking for some opinions on anything I might be able to do to improve my profile.

I am looking for some input on all the pictures and everything written. Good and bad feedback is welcome. Thanks for taking the time to give me some help and good luck to everyone out there!

Damian
 dtc1999
Msg: 6 (view)

Where the hell is the filter on you matches
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:54:48 PM
yeah the filter is still there under the My City... I think it should be under all searchs
 dtc1999
Msg: 5 (view)

Where the hell is the filter on you matches
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:49:33 PM
no, he is right.. I just logged on tonight and that was the first thing I noticed that people wear appearing in my searches that I know I already contacted. The option to turn it on and off was gone too. Yeah, that is a really nice feature.. If I message a girl 3 weeks ago and she never responds, I am not gonna remember messaging her the first time and I dont want to waste my time again...

Show ALL Forums