Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: im confused..... need a mans pespective on this please
 bk0x45
Msg: 18 (view)

im confused..... need a mans pespective on this please
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:28:56 AM
OP: For whatever unknowable reason, the guy seems interested. You sound like you are, but you certainly didn't give him that impression.
Contact him again, and be up front with him. If you didn't ruin your chances already, there is absolutely no way that contacting him will scare him off.
Unless you call 5-6 times, email him a half dozen times, and send him 15 texts. That would (or should) scare off any sane guy. But a single message (of whatever sort you choose) would likely work.
 bk0x45
Msg: 9 (view)

straight forward or coy?
Posted: 10/26/2008 2:06:26 PM
OP: It won`t be perceived wrong. It may be taken advantage of, but most men would prefer honesty to games.
 bk0x45
Msg: 6 (view)

Was telling my friend I liked him a mistake?
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:54:01 PM
OP: Give him some time. He didn't reject you, he just explained why he hadn't made a move earlier. He may decide the rewards outweigh the risks, and ask you out. Just back off a little, first.
 bk0x45
Msg: 16 (view)

What's wrong with men?
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:47:20 PM
How the Hell can you fall for someone hard when you have never met them.

It's possible. Exceptionally rare, but possible.

I doubt it's what happened in this case, though.
 bk0x45
Msg: 19 (view)

I have made such a big fool of myself
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:42:21 PM
OP: You can easily find and keep a guy who is better than the one you're worrying about. Stop obsessing over him, and move on. It's not like there aren't many, many guys who would be interested and who would treat you better.
Just move on.
 bk0x45
Msg: 8 (view)

What's wrong with men?
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:15:44 PM

Changing your mind before you're fully committed in a relationship is not being a vicious **stard.

True. Maliciously feigning all that when there was no interest whatsoever, however, is. That's what I was referring to.
 bk0x45
Msg: 2 (view)

Is this a double standard or what?
Posted: 10/26/2008 1:06:38 PM
Many guys don't want a woman who expects him to pay the bills, and will run them up... but some guys will find it problematic if a woman makes more.

More likely, though, is that a woman in that position gives off vibes that a man means nothing to her... and that is what guys take issue with, not that she is financially independent.
 bk0x45
Msg: 5 (view)

What's wrong with men?
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:54:13 PM
OP: Well, he could have just been playing mind games on you. It's a pretty damn cold thing to do, but he could have targeted you for some reason, and decided to get your hopes up just to crush them solely for his own entertainment.
Or, he could've suddenly realized the pace things were advancing at (even if he was the one responsible) was too great for him to be completely comfortable with. Maybe it was the first time he even thought about his family, but once he did he realized he'd overlooked something important to him.
Personally, I'd go with the option that he was just a vicious bastard... it makes more sense. But feel free to come up with another explanation, or accept one of the others suggested.
 bk0x45

Was telling my friend I liked him a mistake?
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:46:18 PM
OP: Well, things might be tough between him and your brother no matter what... dating a friend's sister is often a challenge on the friendship. He also could have been trying to let you down easily if there was no physical attraction on his part. He also could have been telling the truth about the bad relationships issue.
And if you're treating him no differently than before you told him, he's gotta be concerned that those feelings on your side are still developing and growing stronger... and that he'll have to explain to your brother why he hurt your feelings at some point in the future.
Or maybe he's just weighing the pros and cons of the issue, and needs time.

Whichever possibility is true, it would be good to give him some time and some space. Be prepared to accept a negative decision on his part, so it won't hurt so much if that happens.
 bk0x45
Msg: 7 (view)

What does he mean
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:36:56 PM
OP: Multiple possibilities here... maybe you were asking about deal-breakers, and he was talking about preferences. Maybe he likes enough else about you that he wants the relationship, but expects to get you to quit. Maybe he's decided that you aren't Miss Right, but could be Miss Right Now. Maybe he's just talking to you and isn't interested. Maybe he wants to date you, but only if you quit first, but he's interested enough to wait a while for that to happen. Maybe he wants to have sex with you but not call you his girlfriend. Maybe he's just not that into you. Maybe... well, anything.
 bk0x45
Msg: 12 (view)

I have made such a big fool of myself
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:42:32 AM
OP: He did it because he was and is an immature wanker. Get over him. Try picking better guys in the future... there is absolutely no reason to feel down on yourself, other than for maybe acting a little clingy/desperate and not giving him some space when he seemed to want it. Learn from the experience, and move on.
 bk0x45
Msg: 4 (view)

straight forward or coy?
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:34:19 AM
OP: Honestly, either approach has merits.

With honesty, if the guy turns out to be a player, you've set yourself up because the more a player knows, the more effectively he can play you.

If you play coy, you risk losing the interest of a guy.

Which option you choose is really a matter of whether you'd rather risk being played or being dismissed... so it's really a matter of preferences on your part. (And, of course, how confident you are in your assessment of the guy.)
 bk0x45
Msg: 11 (view)

When you find out its 3 years of lies how do you leave with dignity
Posted: 10/25/2008 6:45:17 PM
OP: You'll need to leave the emotion out of it. Behave like a professional at work, and that should do it. If the colleagues knew of the relationship, they'll be involved to a certain extent no matter what... they'll certainly realize the relationship is over... unless both you and whoever had always been completely professional at work.
A quiet discussion, laying out your unwillingness to continue a relationship, given the past history... that's the best approach for maintaining dignity. Any proof you have of wrong-doing could be mentioned, along with assurance that it's the last the topic will come up so long as the relationship is never discussed again, particularly at work.
 bk0x45

If a guy starts getting all flakey on you
Posted: 10/24/2008 6:21:05 PM
OP: Well, with this new info... I reiterate, your best chance is to be honest with him about what you want from him. Make it clear that it's now up to him to be just as honest.
Depending on how long it's been that he's been 'too busy'... either he really has been busy, or he just didn't see any point getting too involved, as you've been acting disinterested, or he's been playing games for some reason. Give him a chance to show you what really is the case.
 bk0x45

If a guy starts getting all flakey on you
Posted: 10/24/2008 4:33:03 PM
OP: If I've guessed correctly what you are trying to ask... there's a slim chance. Stop playing games, and be honest about what you want from him. That might be enough... you're certainly attractive enough to get a larger amount of leeway in these matters, but there are limits.

Although a definition of what precisely you meant by 'flaking' would be useful.
 bk0x45

roommates, lovers, or friends?
Posted: 10/24/2008 11:33:36 AM
OP: It`s not all about you.

The guy wasn`t rejecting you, he sounds as if he`s worried about the surgery he had. Of course he was angry when you started treating him like the other guy... you`re supposed to be in a relationship together. Just because he`s reluctant to have sex right now doesn`t mean you should pretend you never had the attraction or shared experience.

There`s no reason to ask him to leave, unless you can`t control your libido... and even then, maybe it`s only intercourse that he`s uncomfortable with... so you could try oral.
 bk0x45
Msg: 10 (view)

About leaving messages?
Posted: 10/24/2008 11:13:09 AM
OP: Well, I did specify red flags for some guys, so...

i. some guys won't have anything to do with anyone who smokes at all
ii. many guys are looking for someone younger than themselves, so at 39 your possibilities are reduced
iii. divorced. Guys can be a little wary on that. A little info might be in order, but try not to sound terribly bitter when you explain how it was because of him.
iv. kids. You have kids, and don't want any more. That eliminates guys who want to have kids of their own, and guys who don't want to have any at all.
v. your makeup by Tammy Faye Baker
vi. read the other ones suggested by other posters.

PH: by `red flags for some` it is obviously gonna be related to personal criteria. `Red flags` for everyone would be universal issues, and there aren`t many of those.
 bk0x45

Guys, what styles and trends are sexy/not sexy on a lady?
Posted: 10/24/2008 9:13:11 AM
OP: With your hair, the longer, the better.
As for fashion, different women look better in different styles. Guys really don't care about fashion... so if you find a look that looks good on you, don't worry about it not being the current fashion.
 bk0x45
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you like to wrestle with women?
Posted: 10/24/2008 9:06:50 AM
OP: Hmm... well, I did know a high-level competitive wrestler that I would've been very much willing to try with. The fact that she was gorgeous and there was a serious mismatch in weight classes was probably a motivation there, though.
And a friend recently described his SO's use of some BJJ during sex that definitely sounded like it could be interesting.
So yeah, in a sexual context, wrestling/grappling can be good. In a completely non-sexual way... I'd be too worried about causing injury. I'm fairly competitive, and almost certain to be stronger than whoever I'd be grappling with... and some responses are automatic, to the point that I'd possibly hurt someone before realizing it. So I'd back away from that.
 bk0x45

About leaving messages?
Posted: 10/24/2008 8:54:32 AM
OP: Well, there are a few red flags in your profile for some men. You might also consider that you haven't been signed up for long enough to give the guys a chance.
Remember, just because someone looked at your profile, it doesn't mean they'd be interested. Give it some time.
 bk0x45

one sided love
Posted: 10/24/2008 8:50:09 AM
OP: If there was no medical reason for it (and remember, it could be a new development.. he should get that checked out, just in case) then it obviously would have a psychological reason.
The possibilities do include that he picked up on your lack of arousal, that he wasn't really attracted to you, that he was too nervous about his performance... there are more possibilities, but those would be the most likely.
I never had the experience of that happening where I didn't know the cause, though.
 bk0x45
Msg: 14 (view)

Erotic dream etiquette
Posted: 10/24/2008 8:41:12 AM
I'd go with the getting involved option, then switching to option A.

Why waste the opportunity?
 bk0x45

buying your way out of trouble
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:22:44 PM
It's called a peace offering.

Basically, it's that guys are more comfortable dealing with concrete things (like gifts) than with feelings and such. And because it's symbolically supposed to represent the acknowledgment that they screwed up and all that, only without actually using words... because words don't mean much, usually.
 bk0x45

When is love good enough
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:36:44 PM
OP: He just mentioned with no prompting that he hadn't been thinking about his feelings? Odd.
It's kind of like mentioning that he woke up at some point... I mean, it's obvious, right? Well, for most guys, not thinking about feelings is pretty much assumed. For everyone, that should be true... after all, it's not like anything is going to change feelings.

Now, beyond that... love doesn't follow timetables. It happens on its own schedule. I don't know why the guy would break up because at the two month point he doesn't feel enough love to see the relationship as forever... unless he sees a specific reason why the relationship is doomed.

As for where you stand... if he said it's over, I'd say you're standing on the outside. Maybe, if you convince him there's no pressure, you can resume/continue the relationship, and at some point things may develop further. Hard to say, though, without knowing more of the specifics.
 bk0x45

Should you go to her house on the first date?
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:22:57 PM
That 'safety' is basically an illusion. A determined 'bad guy' won't be dissuaded by any of these 'precautions'. The information can always be obtained, if one tries... it's better to be prepared for dealing with a 'bad guy' than to think no 'bad guy' will overcome whatever 'precautions'.
 bk0x45

Is the fantasy better than reality?
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:19:04 PM
OP: People buy lottery tickets all the time, for the same reason...
That chance, miniscule as it may be, of a tremendously good result. Those 'perfect' chicks do (admittedly very, very rarely) sometimes end up with the guy. Many guys will take the chance, on the (slim) hope that they are going to be the guy who gets her.
That payoff is better than having settled. It's just that the average guy is way less risk-averse than the average woman, so taking a chance like that makes less sense to a woman than to a man.
 bk0x45

Was he just pretending or is he really sincere?
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:47:26 PM
CB:Targeting the newbies before the other players can make them jaded is a player tactic. I didn't claim it was a fact the guy was a player, just that I got that hunch. So ease up. It could be he is a player, it could be he isn't. It could be a lot of things.
 bk0x45
Msg: 13 (view)

Should you go to her house on the first date?
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:43:52 PM
^^ (Thunder):You missed the point. Any precaution only works if the person the precaution is employed against doesn't need precautions taken against. Many of us could (if we were inclined to be threateningly dangerous about it) overcome most of these 'typical' precautions. Not everyone has access to satellite surveillance, but most anything else can be conceivably possible.
So 'precautions' don't work against those determined to overcome them... and are based on the assumption that every guy is a 'bad guy'... so they really insult the only people they work on. Most guys will overlook the insult, but still....
 bk0x45
Msg: 18 (view)

What's the message? - men opinions needed!
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:30:30 PM
"one of his options"doesn't sound like "the only woman of quality" heh, what do you say? :) Is he at least somewhat serious about me, or am i being just one of many..?

"the only woman of quality" is a player-style compliment. It's meant to make you believe that you're the preferred option. Possibly it's true, but you're still an option.

BTW, OP: Stop posting extra messages, you're cutting down the available replies.
 bk0x45
Msg: 15 (view)

What's the message? - men opinions needed!
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:12:37 PM
OP: The reason he told you that is to light a fire under your ass. He wants you to know he has options if you don't come through, but he's softening it a little because he doesn't want to have you force him to choose... he'd like to keep you as one of his options.
 bk0x45

Was he just pretending or is he really sincere?
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:04:37 PM
OP: When your post started, I figured the guy was a player... I mean, really, you've been on here a day and you have a date? And, honestly, even if the guy was a player, I could see him acting as you describe... even players can have a conscience of sorts, and he may have decided that taking advantage was wrong. If that's the case... you'll probably never hear from him again.

Now, if he was just a decent guy, he may have needed time to decide whether or not getting involved is a bright move. There is a lot of extra challenges dating someone in your situation, and relationships aren't as likely to be successful. Or maybe he was just not that into you, but didn't want to disappoint you then and there. Or maybe he was being honest, and will contact you when he is back in town and has time.

I don't know the guy, so I don't know which possibility is likeliest. Sorry.
 bk0x45

He Wants To Take It Slow
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:57:33 PM

If you're already having sex, isn't it a little late to "take it slow"?

Not what he meant... as was clear in the OP.
 bk0x45

How to communicate it to him?
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:54:00 PM
OP: The best way is clearly. There's a good chance he won't be interested, and may run screaming... but being anything less than clear means he may misunderstand.
How soon are you asking about? Shouldn't the relationship progress a little before you raise the issue? How does he feel about having kids, timeline-wise? (You should know that, it's something that should have been discussed at some point.)
 bk0x45

Was it just flirting and nothing more?
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:48:36 PM
OP: Either he's just not that into you, and never was... or he's not comfortable poaching from another guy. If you want to find out which it is, break up with your current guy, and then ask out the new guy. If he says yes, it was the circumstances. If he says no, it means either he was never really interested, or he's since come to realize you're not quite the catch he suspected.
 bk0x45

What to eat......
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:29:27 PM
OP: There are lots of greasy finger foods... mozza sticks, breaded shrimp, chicken fingers, etc. So you could feed him food he likes... and your hands will just get extra slippery.
And it sounds like he's not the 'fancy brunch' kind of guy. Although the breakfast in bed you suggested doesn't sound like his style either... too health-conscious for a guy that likes greasy food.
 bk0x45

Why do guys back off?
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:20:13 PM
So... There have been a few dates a few kisses, and then nothing...

Sounds normal enough...

why do guys back off when there is obvious chemistry?

Obvious to them? Obvious on their part, or on the female's part?

Why not just take it to the next level?

Other than all the reasons given before? Maybe the guy in question was uncertain about his sexuality, and realized that he was gay.

Especially when the girl is ready and willing to do so?

The guy probably doesn't realize this. Making a move when the girl isn't ready and willing can ruin any future chance with her.

And has made it obvious she wants to?

Oh, she said "Fuck me now," did she? Because anything less clear than that could easily be missed... and even something that clear could be mistaken for a weird sense of humor.

Any answers?

That enough?
 bk0x45

Puts his friend first.
Posted: 10/17/2008 11:16:24 AM

I love him so I'll let him do whatever he wants. I'll find something to do when he's busy and not feel sad and left out.

There are guys who would find that the perfect solution... but seriously, you can't just decide how to feel. Try to stay busy, and that will definitely lower the chances that you'll feel sad, left out, lonely, or whatever... depending of course on how you choose to stay busy. Some things will actually make you feel worse, though. Choose something that will keep your mind occupied, rather than something that will give you too much time to think.
And try to figure out further in advance when you'll both have days off together, and schedule something in advance. Maybe he's got certain things he does every week, so it won't help, but if he only makes commitments a week in advance with his friends, if you let him know that you want to spend time with him more than a week from now, he won't need to back out of plans he's already made... and you can then spend more time with him. Or you can just let him know you'd like to spend more time together, and try to work something out together. Your call.
 bk0x45

Suggestions for a great Saturday night date?
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:54:20 AM
OP: You're missing the point... he's probably asking you to make suggestions to find out more about you. Most guys look at actions rather than claims... so if you say you're into hockey, they might not believe you... but if you somehow acquire Leaf's tickets and ask him to go to the game with you, he'll believe you... sort of. At least if people who actually go to Leafs games were there to watch hockey, he would. Bad example, I guess.
But if you ask him to go dancing with you, and he didn't know for certain that you were into ballroom dancing, he'd certainly find that out from you suggesting it as a date. The order in which you make your suggestions will also reveal some things... maybe your first suggestions are more centered around your interests, or maybe they're centered on things you think he'd enjoy. Either of those cases tell him something.
Basically, by us feeding you ideas, we'd be helping you reduce the information your suggestions would give him. (Although if you mainly offer choices you think he'll like, and he assumes that you'd be offering your own interests first, you could give him some real misleading data.)

That said... dinner and a movie at his place, the two of you cook it together. You see how well you can work together, you get a look at his place and can assure yourself he hasn't forgotten to mention the fact he's got a wife and/or kids living with him, and you get a much more comfortable viewing experience (you can actually go to the washroom without missing part of the movie, better seats, no assholes in the audience irritating you, etc.) than at the theater.
 bk0x45
Msg: 21 (view)

sooo confused about guy's behavior - please help
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:34:58 AM
OP: Next time you're at his place of employment... wait until after last call... be one of the last ones out, and invite him home with you. His answer to that will tell you pretty much everything you want to know.
 bk0x45
Msg: 15 (view)

Can't translate guy speak...help!!
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:26:52 AM
^^No. Sex wasn't in there often enough.
 bk0x45

The guilt is killing me!
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:21:29 AM
OP: You screwed up... and blasted a guy over your own paranoia. You claim you were joking, but different people have different approaches to humor... and a lot of it doesn't translate well to the written word.
The guy may not even have been all that interested... in fact I'd think it more likely that he was amazed that you hadn't contacted him, and was curious more than anything else.
In the future, don't worry about if someone sounds like a scammer so much. The time to be ruse is when they prove they're a scammer by asking for money.
 bk0x45

guys.... what can a women do to make you feel like the only man on earth ?
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:25:03 AM
OP: You want sex advice? Why not go to the Sex and Sexuality forums?
But outside that bit of obviousness, the next most obvious suggestion: kegels.
 bk0x45

Posted: 10/17/2008 8:13:21 AM
OP: Was he still dating the ex (and now current) gf when you two first got involved?
If that's the case, then maybe he really did miss you, but decided he didn't want to repeat the mistake of leaving her for you, and so chose to discontinue contact.
 bk0x45
Msg: 7 (view)

Letting a guy down
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:06:08 AM
OP: Make up something that would scare him off completely, and then tell him "Wow, I didn't think I'd ever find someone who'd be okay with the fact that [insert fictitious thing here]." He'll vanish, and neither one of you was rejecting the other.
Other than that, you could just tell him that you just don't see it working. Or maybe tell him that your personal psychic told you that dating him would cause you to miss out on meeting the guy you were really meant for, and you're not willing to take that chance...
Some guys, though, will take offense at any rejection. Some guys will be angry no matter what. You know the guy that you're turning down better than anyone who's never met him does, so you'll need to come up with the approach that will work best in each individual case.
 bk0x45

He Wants To Take It Slow
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:51:24 AM
OP: He sounds like he's trying to maintain a life outside the relationship... possibly because in past relationships, he's sacrificed everything else he does in order to spend time with whoever he was dating, and he realizes now what a mistake that was for him.
He also sounds like he's trying to 'train' you into not being clingy and to prevent you from forming unrealistic expectations.
All of this makes me think he actually wants the relationship to succeed... but that he'd rather it fail than end up solely on your terms. You have to decide if you're okay with not dictating the terms of the relationship... a lot of women wouldn't be.
 bk0x45

Would you expect a girlfriend of 3 months to get you a birthday gift?
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:41:04 AM
OP: A gift would be in order, yes. An expensive gift is definitely overboard, but something that indicates your feelings and your understanding of the guy doesn't need to be expensive. It doesn't even need to cost anything... something sexual (like having him walk into the bedroom to see you on the bed, wearing a bow and nothing else, or 'gift certificates' good for various activities whenever he chooses) are a good example of that. Or something else, but the idea is to show that you put some time or effort into thinking about what he would want.
 bk0x45

What is truth about young guys and older women?
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:30:33 AM
OP: Some older women take much better care of themselves than younger women, so an older woman can be more attractive than a large number of women the age of those younger guys. There's also the hope that older women are past the game playing stage that most attractive younger women are currently in.
And who knows, some guys might just not want to restrict their options by using some arbitrary criteria such as age... I think the reasons will vary from guy to guy... but mostly, take it as a given... all of those guys contacting you want to have sex with you at some point, and probably would like that point to be sooner than later.
 bk0x45
Msg: 12 (view)

why do so many men have profile pics with their kids?
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:14:53 AM
^^ I could see that for women... but seriously, how many female sexual predators of children are out there that would date a guy simply to get access to his kids?
 bk0x45
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2008 7:11:12 AM
OP: The new relationship wasn't doing so well... and he was being honest about missing you. Then he decided that it wouldn't be fair to the new gf to continue contact with you, possibly when the problems they were having sorted themselves out.
 bk0x45

why do so many men have profile pics with their kids?
Posted: 10/17/2008 12:00:03 AM
Women for some odd reason find kids and barking rats to be 'cute'... so guys have an advantage in posting those pics.

Show ALL Forums