Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Women always wanting men quite taller than them
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 601 (view)

Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 5/14/2019 3:03:24 AM

I can see a difference between being thirsty and being desperate.
I don't see going after someone I'm interested in as making a fool of myself.
I don't understand why "making a fool" of oneself is gender oriented, and
I don't think the fear of rejection should make one a hostage.

I stopped worrying about what others think and it's a pretty good feeling actually.

I related to the meme in terms of my own experience, and how *I felt about myself* in the past, when I had chased after a guy, not in terms of what others thought. Nobody else knew anything about it, as far as I know. I felt I had made a fool of myself. I haven't done that again.

Imho, the meme does not tell women not to go after someone they want, it's telling them not to overdo it, and to realize when a guy is not that interested. We all have our preferences of how to do things, and our different comfort zones.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 21 (view)

Ladies- about the endless texters/emailers-
Posted: 5/14/2019 2:24:14 AM
I don't consider hints game playing.
Per the advice I've been given in this thread, I will be much more direct-
"If you'd like to talk on the phone/meet, let me know."
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 69 (view)

Where Have All The Good Women Gone?
Posted: 5/13/2019 12:00:45 AM
When I worked in an inpatient hospice, I met many married couples who had been happily married for many years.
I will always remember one couple in particular. They ran off in a horse-drawn covered wagon to elope when they were both fourteen!

When they came to our unit (wife was terminally ill) they had been married for over 70 years, and the husband still referred to his wife as "my bride."

My own grandparents were happily married and in love for 62 years.

I know that they were still having sex well into their 80s. I accidentally overheard them, when I was visiting.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 593 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 11:55:03 PM

What this should say is: When a guy who you've initially been acquainted with is truly interested in you, he won't LACK pursuing you. There will be no need for you to do the sole pursuing. Same advice for MEN, too. If you have to always do all or the vast majority of the pursuing after you've gotten acquainted with her (exchanged #s) -- she's not that into you.

Exactly, norwegianguy.
We agree on this one!

I did not at all see it as telling men they should kiss women's asses, as POYD did.

I saw it as telling women not to be thirsty, and make fools of themselves.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 16 (view)

I'm trash, who would date me?
Posted: 5/12/2019 11:45:05 PM

Ok, I already stated that it is a physical flaw in my face, you're almost coming off insulting at this point. I could put in the effort to draw that side up and "smile" but I'd end up looking like the Joker (IE, exaggerated smile).

I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 37 (view)

Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!
Posted: 5/12/2019 11:37:20 PM

My sister 71 and her boyfriend is 31.

Is this really true? Seriously?

I'd love to know the back-story.

When I am messaged by really young guys, depending on their tone/profile, I will block them, or respond back with a joke, and wish them luck.

When I get a message from an appealing much-younger guy, would you advise that I actually give them a chance?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 588 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 10:12:29 AM
I did recently see one meme posted on a guy's profile that I actually agree with. This one:

https://me.me/i/all-women-need-to-read-this-when-a-man-is-12095454
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2019 11:17:35 PM

You need to be logged into the dating side of POF now to see the complete profile.
Just an FYI

Sometimes, it happened even when I am logged in.

OP, can you post some pics smiling?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 583 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2019 10:50:07 PM

I assume you never read those profiles from women that have an overweight women exclaiming how "REAL MEN love curves". If you can show me a mans profile that says something similar I will give you 10 dollars!(oh gee a whole 10 dollars).

Dude, I get messages from guys with similar memes about liking bigger women all the time.
Some men's profile headlines say "BBW/Thick ONLY" and similar.

I belong to a site for bigger people, and have gotten as much as fifty-something messages in a day there.

Shall I take some profile screen shots from POF for you?

Do I get ten bucks per shot?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 8 (view)

Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do This
Posted: 5/11/2019 5:34:06 AM
A trend I have noticed is men's profile in which the heading is "No"

With the quotes there, as well. WTH? I thought maybe this stood for something that I'm not aware of, so I checked the Urban Dictionary, nothing there about it. So what is up with profiles that say "no"?
The rest of these profiles are usually blank, or say "ask..open book...will fill out later...don't like talking about myself.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 61 (view)

Where Have All The Good Women Gone?
Posted: 5/11/2019 5:06:49 AM
Personally, OP, I think your long hair is gorgeous. A lot of women prefer long-haired men.

Also, many men have a list of demands on their profiles. They are mostly about beauty, and sex-acts.

... Nonsense my friend, there are just as many good women and men as there have ever been. What's changed is societal norm. The more " modern " a society becomes, the more women free the bonds of mans clutches and grow as a person . They become total equals in every aspect, free to think and do as they see fit.

... This " women " you speak of, no longer exists. Today she refuses to be intimidated, beaten up , raped, murdered, talked down to , disrespected or become a piece of property. You think it was only the slaves that got f-ed over ? There has been way more women abused in this world then slaves ever were. For all of history, many men just wanted to have them in their place. A token slave with benefits, those days are over

... So yeah, the world / society is very slowly changing - the good women are out there, they are just being allowed & smart enough > to be looking for love , in their own way ( the intelligent way )

Backcreek, that was so uplifting and encouraging. Your post is just a lovely breath of fresh air.
Thank you.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 45 (view)

Use of lubricant
Posted: 5/11/2019 4:47:55 AM
^^^^I remember seeing a program about Aerogel years ago. They was a huge, sofa sized block of Aerogel, and a man carried it over to a small creek, laid it down, and used it for a footbridge, and walked across the creek. Then he picked it up and carried it away over his shoulder.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2019 4:37:53 AM
Well, I tried to view your profile, and am only able to see the pics, and the interest bubbles. I cannot view the actual body of your profile. That's been the case most of the time lately, when I click on a profile link from the forums. Don't know why.

What I'm wondering, though, is why are you holding your mouth in the same odd way in all your pics?
I can tell you that I would not reject you based on your pics or interest bubble content.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 30 (view)

Reaching your 40's and not being a parent.
Posted: 5/11/2019 4:21:38 AM

It's rare to find an actual childfree woman in North America.

I am childfree by choice. I usually don't tell people this because they start asking a lot of nosy questions, and generally assume something is wrong with me either mentally, physically or both, just because I never had kids.

I am often asked how many kids I have, and when I say none- the eyebrows always go up. When they ask why, I always say "It just never happened." I worked with a crazy religious fanatic years ago, who actually told me that it was women, like me, without kids who would cause the end of the world to happen.

I never had the desire to be a mother, and I feel that the vast majority of problems on this planet are caused -or exacerbated by- over-population.

What do I think about men who don't have kids?
I generally think of them as responsible, if they are non-parents by design, since a good number of the people on the planet are here by accident. Also, people without kids tend to have less drama in their lives, and more free time, generally speaking.

Now that I'm getting older, I'm sometimes wistful about kids, since it could be a great help in my old age to have grown children. But, that is no reason to have had them.

I will be 53 in a few weeks and I'm in the same boat! My doctor told me that it wouldn't be considered late onset menopause until I hit 55 and have still had no symptoms. Just the thought of having a child at this age is exhausting.

I have the opposite situation. Aunt Flo last visited me when I was 39., and I am now 54. She packed her bags and split, and I've seen no sign of her since, and don't miss her one bit. It is really nice not to have to deal with her and it is fantastic to not have to ever think about birth control, or the possibility of pregnancy.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 35 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/10/2019 8:07:49 PM
I agree, it's game playing. I do know that he liked me, just not enough.

Date tonight with a new guy went well, no sparks, though. He had to call it an early night to take his daughter to a last minute sleep-over.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 73 (view)

Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF
Posted: 5/9/2019 7:53:40 PM

Maybe some guys would like to be gold diggers, but the truth is that it’s much easier for a woman to do this. This is because women place more importance than men on their partner being financially independent. There are a lot of men who would financially support a woman as long as she’s beautiful. Even if a guy is better-looking than average, not many women would be willing to do the same.

Sorry, but women win out over men in the gold-digging contest.

I wasn't aware that we were having a contest, but you're right. The guys' win this one.

I posted here about something I tried, a few years back- having a stay-at-home boyfriend, whom I supported. And he was by no means "beautiful." Here's the link to the thread-

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16546333.aspx

Women win the contest of someone using them because they are very attractive, and not really caring about them as a person, at all.
Decades ago, I had a close friend who was a pin-up type model- she was in the Snap-On Tools Calendar, and other similar things. A lot of men harassed her, and were always hitting on her, stalking her. But very few really cared about her.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 576 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 7:42:00 PM
I love car shows. Tired of going alone, or passing them up, because I don't want to go alone.
Went to the Detroit Auto Show once, and the Henry Ford museum. Great experiences!

Got an odd message today- guy 6'5"- My profile says "don't contact me if you're too far away to meet or date."
He messaged: "Either I'm too, tall, too far away, it's always something."

I didn't reject the guy, he rejected himself.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 31 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/9/2019 7:33:39 PM

Back to Cinnamon. Girl, you need to really let go of the daydream of this guy. You were right to back off, but to dwell on him like you are doing actually increases your interest in him. Concentrate on the better things in your life or you risk passing up the good guys when he shows up

Well, the object of my pining did contact me again on the dating site where we originally connected.
He asked me to text him. Told him I deleted his contact info, so he texted me. He told me about an NCAA award his son just won, and texted me a pic of his latest painting. I told him about my job offer, and that was that.

I am feeling better. Accepted a job offer today. Have a date with one guy Friday, and another Sat. Having great long phone calls with a third.
Feeling good about the messages I've been getting lately. Quality of men has definitely improved from what I was usually attracting.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 76 (view)

No time for coffee dates, at my age
Posted: 5/8/2019 11:55:31 AM
My first meets tend to be dinner- usually at the guy's suggestion.
I think that's because I keep attracting men who want to text or talk on the phone way too long before meeting, so we generally know each other a bit before we meet. I have such a date this Friday.

I've been talking on the phone frequently for the last two weeks, with a guy who lives out of state- he's in California, I'm in AZ.
I initially rejected him because of the distance, but he was very persistent, and charming, so I finally gave him my number. We've had several very good conversations, and there is chemistry- can feel it over the phone.
He comes to AZ at least once a year, because he plans to move here when he retires- he's 60.
He's moving his planned trip up, so that we can meet. He's just waiting for me to get my upcoming work schedule so that he can plan around that.
I will be excited to see if he really does come out to meet, and if all goes well, then what?

But, I'm a democrat, and he's a republican. We got in an argument about politics last night. We agreed not to discuss politics anymore. Hope that works, lol.

As for the who makes more money, most of the time, I make more money than my dates. And I do offer to go Dutch. Almost every man has refused my offer.

And as for traditional roles- here's a reversal. My date Friday, is a single, custodial father of an eleven year old girl. His ex gets their daughter every other weekend. She is supposed to pay him child support, but is two months behind.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 565 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 11:33:43 AM
I have been talking on the phone with a guy from another site. He is 6'3", and mentioned he liked my height of 5'4". I told him that's an error on my profile, I'm 5'3". He said "That's even better!"

Maybe it does something for some men's egos to be taller than women?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 100 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/7/2019 11:18:55 PM
AdventureJoe,

You're involved in animal rescue? Respect.
I did fostering when I was travel nursing.

I do sometimes miss the pre-internet days, when I was not privy to so many of the women-despising thoughts of so many men.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 11:04:22 PM

Exactly, women tend to think that the majority of men they don’t know very well are creeps until we prove otherwise. The thing is, a lot of women are in love with creepy guys who take advantage of them and are just to naive to see it. They may reject a hard-working, independent man who splits the bill, but also support a freeloading bum they really care about.

I find the opposite to be true, in some cases.
I start out giving just about everyone the benefit of the doubt, and am surprised and disappointed when a guy turns out to be a creep in disguise.

I don't think women who put up with bad behavior from men are naive. They know better. They have low self-esteem, or are desperate not to be alone.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 551 (view)

thinking is not your strong suit
Posted: 5/7/2019 10:36:51 PM
If I feel like I could take a guy in an arm wrestling match, it's a total turn-off.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 8:20:58 PM
I sent an emoji with it

;)

I'm not good at hiding irritation.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 7:04:34 PM
Well, I just gave one of these guys a big hint-

He said "I'm sure your weekends are full, because so many men would like to spend time looking at your pretty face."
(rolling my eyes, here)

I replied, "No, actually I have a lot of weekends free, because so many men seem to be just looking for pen-pals, not actual dates."
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 5 (view)

Got back something else....
Posted: 5/7/2019 6:32:24 PM
Don't send your info.

Most of the time, scammers are super easy to spot, but occasionally I'm not sure.

In these cases I've said "Tell me something about our city that only someone who lives here would know."

That has worked for me.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 49 (view)

Asking for sex? Nudes?
Posted: 5/7/2019 6:29:03 PM

It's like my cat bringing me a mouse home in the morning. I know you're impressed with it, but i still ain't touching it :)

Good one, lol.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 91 (view)

You get blocked just for sending a message?
Posted: 5/7/2019 6:21:56 PM

We hideous and ugly need love too. Why must a guy have a car? I assume you are basing that on location? Where I live many won't date a guy simply because he DOES have a car.

As for being unemployed, the average American will be changing jobs multiple times in their lifespan and a short term of unemployment shouldn't matter. BTW does that include men who refuse to work? (some unemployed men are wealthy)

Come on now, you've got to be pulling my leg.
Cut the BS. You are a very good looking guy, and I'm sure you're aware of that.

A guy has to have a car, because I am not going to chauffeur a guy around. Pick him up and drop him off for dates? Lol.

You guys pick apart every detail. I have rejected wealthy men because they were jerks.
And you know there is a difference between not needing to work, being between jobs, and being a bum who should be working but isn't. It's easy to tell by profile and pics which one a guy is. I have even been messaged by a guy whose profile came out and said "I haven't been able to hold onto a job." Lol!

Example of hideously ugly man- similar to some who have messaged me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ugly+man&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix-a774IriAhXrg1QKHThQBcUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1342&bih=687#imgrc=1M01ls7Z4tzMXM:
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 14 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/7/2019 5:45:11 PM
Damn,

I see that he just rejoined the pay site I met him on, and has viewed my profile again.

I may have a knack for attracting jerks, but I have the sense enough not to keep them around.

I know I was right to cut this one loose. I don't doubt my decision. I just want that ache in my chest over him to go away. It has lessened, a little.

I have a date with someone new on Friday, and am texting with three others, which may lead to dates soon.

Edited to add- crap, he just messaged me on the site.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 85 (view)

You get blocked just for sending a message?
Posted: 5/7/2019 12:58:02 AM

On dating sites, 95% of messages sent by men will be ignored or blocked for no real reason. 4% of the women there will waste your time because they really are't looking. They are just playing/sex. That 1% are real people that are really honestly looking. So, they wind up on the bottom. Covered up by the other 99% total.

Here we go with the totally imaginary stats again.

You will also find women that will say they want a relationship and not just sex. But once you meet them you find out they lied. All they really wanted was sex.

So ironic, because there are so many men on OLD who are the exact opposite- they say they want a serious relationship, but they only want sex.

I have over 60 men on my blocked list.
I only block people who are any of the following:

Obviously low intelligence, very obvious they did not read my profile whatsoever, perv/crude/inappropriate, men who are reaching too high above their own status- (super-hideously ugly, no car, unemployed, ex-convict), longest relationship "<5" years, (in my age group, not having had an enduring relationship is a red flag, imo), obvious scammers, men who live waaaay too far away to ever meet, but keep bugging me after I say "Thanks, but you live too far away, good luck to you". Men who keep messaging, even though I've told them nicely that I'm not interested.
And- a couple of guys have made new profiles after I blocked them, just to bug me. The only one is did it more than once was: Obviously stupid, hideously ugly, unemployed, no car, longest relationship <1 yr.

I have been blocked several times, myself. In every case, we were having pleasant back and forth messages, and all seemed fine. More than once, I've been blocked by men after they've asked for my phone number, and I've given it to them. No idea why.

I personally know four married couples, and one engaged couple (wedding is in August) who met via OLD. Three met on Match, one on eharmony and the engaged couple met on POF. My engaged friend was on POF for six years before she met the man who is now her fiance.'
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 90 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/6/2019 6:00:56 PM
^^^^It is very discouraging to read so many negative opinions about women on these forums. There are quite a few bitter men here!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 5:56:25 PM
I have seen many women willing to, and who do, support bums/deadbeats.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 106 (view)

Broke up over ED insecurity!?
Posted: 5/6/2019 5:54:45 PM

I have to disagree, although to be fair, I can't say for women nearing 60 or older, due to my lack of sexperience & social sex talk in that age range. I agree with you when it comes to notably older folks at 55+, and you're already a couple, that it isn't as big of a deal as one should think when they were 30-40. But at the end of the day, at least early 20s to mid 40s, it's going to be a deal breaker if the guy has ED and he can't solve it quick, for most women he's not an item with.

I am 54, and older I get the more important sex is to me.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 213 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/5/2019 12:38:47 PM
Got 404 error message when trying the link. :)
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 133 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/5/2019 12:36:25 PM
Lots of men's profiles here have pics which are 10-20 years old. Many guys are proud of their military service, and should be- but some put only very old "Army days" pics up.
Some profiles pics even show men with long sideburns. Greg Brady hair, and 70s eyeglasses.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 12:40:54 AM
And in honor of the many male gold diggers on POF-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frCr6eq2Vfc&list=RDfrCr6eq2Vfc&start_radio=1&t=33
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 59 (view)

Get it out of your head fool
Posted: 5/4/2019 3:30:45 PM
People in the medical field sometimes do become involved with former patients. If the patient is of consenting age, and sound mind, and is truly a former patient. it's legal and a practitioner will not lose their license.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/ethics/romantic-or-sexual-relationships-patients
https://www.allphysicianjobs.com/blog/2018/03/22/calling-dr-love-dating-former-patient/
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 1 (view)

Forums etiquette question-
Posted: 5/4/2019 3:20:50 PM
Sometimes, I want to reply to a post in the forums, but I can't due to have posted too often in the thread.
Is it considered poor forum etiquette to send the reply to the poster's inbox on their profile?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 83 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/4/2019 3:14:10 PM

In OLD there are about three times as many men as women.

OMG, I am so tired of people making up bS stats about OLD just to support their personal viewpoint.

"Research firm GlobalWebIndex surveyed 32 countries, and found that 62% of dating app users are men."

"The news isn't entirely surprising. In 2013, Pew Research Center found that men were more active on dating apps and sites. Some 13% of American males had used an app or site, compared to only 9% of American women."

SO, IN THE U.S. IT APPEARS THERE ARE 4% MORE MEN THAN WOMEN ON OLD.

http://time.com/3711902/men-use-dating/
Submit
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 67 (view)

Occupations of Your Last 7 Dates
Posted: 5/4/2019 1:04:36 PM

If you had a blindfold on, and heard someone walk by you, would you have felt the same way? No. It was LOOKS. :)

I don't think it was the "looks" as in physical appearance- looks as in eye contact triggered it, not appearance.
I bet I would have had the same reaction had there been a sudden power outage before we ever saw each other, and our arms accidentally brushed.

I believe "chemistry" is quite literally a chemical/hormonal/phermonal reaction.
Maybe with some people, physical appearance can trigger such reactions, but they never have with me.

Actually, I just got off of the phone with someone I've been messaging from another site. Had quite a nice reaction from just hearing his voice, and our lively banter. Have never seen him, though. His pic didn't provoke any particular response.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 61 (view)

Sexless relationships
Posted: 5/4/2019 12:48:38 PM
julystorm knows she's made mistakes.
She's had/having a hard time, so give her a break, people.

She's obviously a very pretty, intelligent and giving person.

My ex-husband always had a very low libido, and I mean very low- from day one. But, I thought he had so many other good qualities (he is a rarified genius, and I loved his intelligence). So, I thought I could live without the intimacy due to his good qualities.
I will never make that mistake again.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 7 (view)

don't look in the mirror you may scare yourself
Posted: 5/4/2019 10:09:47 AM
Did you hear about the guy who only dates retired teachers?

It's because he only likes women with no class, and no principals.

CinnamonGirl aka PHAT
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 65 (view)

Occupations of Your Last 7 Dates
Posted: 5/4/2019 10:00:47 AM
^^^^I agree.
julystorm, you are a very pretty girl.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 9:57:30 AM
When you have been texting or emailing with a guy for too long, no meeting, do you ever try and nudge them to take action?

At times, I've said something like "Well, this has been nice, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Good luck in your search!"
A few times, this has resulted in getting asked out immediately. Other times, I've gotten, "Ok, you too!" or similar.

Do you nudge? If so, how? Has it worked?

I just want to shout sometimes- SHYT or GET OFF the POT, already!

Ask me out, or go away!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 120 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/4/2019 8:48:37 AM
^^^^^Once again, I agree.

And there is a way to have private pics on your profile, that only people you choose can see, but people can't figure this out.
I just recently learned how to send pics while messaging in the app.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 209 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/4/2019 8:20:27 AM
CBGB77-

Let us know when you say it, and what happens!

OMFUG!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 548 (view)

thinking is not your strong suit
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:55:17 AM

Male nurses, on average, are just as caring as female nurses. And keep in mind there are both crappy male nurses and female nurses. Some people lack a certain set of emotional skills and it's not gender-specific. I will say I notice that many male nurses go into supervisor positions which I always find odd. While there are a majority of female nurses, male nurses end up the supervisors.

Very true; re: male nurses going into supervision.

And, re: my comments on male nurses, just speaking from my own personal experience and observations. I didn't intend to offend anyone.
When I've worked in ICU, I much prefer male nurse co-workers to female. That environment requires a lot of technical thinking and skills.
In the inpatient hospice environment, older female nurses will often sit. holding a patient's hand, stroke their hair, or even sing softly to them. I've never seen a male nurse do this. Younger female nurses tend not to do these things, either.
I do agree with the cattiness comments. I've seen so much back-biting and just mean-spiritedness among female nurses.

Having been a nurse for nearly thirty years now, I've seen a lot of change in caring styles, especially with the average nurse age now being quite a bit younger, than in past years, and with more men coming in.

The best and the worst people I've ever met have been nurses.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 68 (view)

Odd man out
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:26:40 AM

That used to be the case here but higher taxes for tobacco products and aggressive anti-smoking campaigns caused a lot less people to smoke. What I have noticed is that almost all of the nurses who are the smokers are the older ones (above age 45) and like cinnamongirl said, they are addicted and became so before the taxes and anti-smoking campaign were around. In fact, I would say 80% of the nurses above age 45 smoke. The ones below age 45 that smoke in the designated smoking spots on the hospital centre (and nursing home and health care centre) grounds tend to be the support services staff such as kitchen and cleaning staff, basically the lower-paying and unskilled jobs. Strangely enough, despite the high costs of cigarettes, people who make less money tend to smoke more.

Julystorm.
There are no designated smoking areas at any hospitals, restaurants, or public places here. You can be ticketed for smoking inside your own car, in the parking lot of hospitals here.
But, I live near several Indian Reservations, where there are no taxes on tobacco products, so they are cheap. I think that does contribute to more smoking.

FFS38,
I know through experience many nurses like to party hard, and I can totally understand that. There's a time for the reality's of life and then there's a time to let your hair down.

True, that.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 75 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:12:49 AM

Personally, I think your desire for equality will destine you to be alone. Even a feminist loves to be courted. So you meet a woman that you love the look of, love to talk to, have an amazing conversation but when it's time to pay the bill, you pull it towards you and tell her what her half is or wait for her to offer because that is clearly so important to you. Sorry but that is a clear indication of a man who isn't prepared to spoil her a little....put a little effort in....make an investment....impress her with your chivalry. She may offer but your acceptance says a lot. First date should be coffee or comparable and you don't want to pay. We've already established that the ratio of men to women is very high.....so as far as she is concerned.....NEXT!

ITA!
For me, truly being courted is the way to my heart. Putting that bit of effort in is impressive, and goes a long way with a lot of women.
Now, as a relationship develops, most women will start paying their way. If things get as far as cohabitation, she should always pay half of the bills.

Now, when I'm out with a guy, and there is no connection/attraction, I always offer to pay my share of the bill. The guy always insists on paying, though.

Millennials were born from 1946 to 1964. They are still a decade or two older than me, so I don’t plan on dating them.

Did you mean Baby Boomers?
I was born in '64, and consider myself a Boomer.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 20 (view)

How Hot other women are
Posted: 5/4/2019 6:43:45 AM
OP,

If you are actually dating this guy, and he keeps talking about "hot" women while on a date with you, he is a jerk.

Maybe it's why I'm still alone, but at my age, I do not have the time, inclination or patience to teach a man how to behave.
When a date says or does something really inappropriate or rude/disrespectful to me, I am done. NEXT.

Show ALL Forums