Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: After 3 dates he called me beautiful, what do I say back?
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 36 (view)

After 3 dates he called me beautiful, what do I say back?
Posted: 8/20/2009 6:30:30 PM
Start with "thank you," and then see a therapist about the reasons surrounding why you don't feel the same yourself.

Compliments are compliments. Too many all at once can evoke the "alright I get it already," response, despite the best of intentions. But if your immediate response to a compliment is "why?" then there are some underlying issues you need to check.

Good luck, and take life for what it is.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 6 (view)

Going all the way
Posted: 8/20/2009 6:22:09 PM
I think you have it a little backwards.

Hopefully that first time is at a point in the relationship at which the both of you feel as though you know eachother pretty well already.

Subsequently deciding it's a no go is essentially stating that that first time was an error in judgement. . . which is ok. That's a perfectly legit decision to come to, only you have to be honest with the other person (and yourself) about your reasoning.

No, no-one has the right to expect anything one way or the other. Just be certain that you are sure of anything you do before you do it, and don't impose artificial quotient markers on the relationship. A good relationship will simply find a comfortable flow for all aspects (including the occasional spat over silly stuff), and a bad one you will need to recognize and extracate yourself from.

I think that it's certainly fair to say that if you do make the decision to step back without informing the guy of your decision or explaining how you came to it, that he will remain befuddled, and perhaps feel a little put out.

Be honest. If a guy doesn't get that he's a jerk and ditch him.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 17 (view)

What do you think of a girl who constantly wants to give?
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:35:46 PM
I think that some of the previous posts may have missed the point here entirely.

I think that more questions about the underlying issues are required for any true answer.

I would put forth from my humble experience in the field and from consulting some literature that I have from that period in my career, that what you are experiencing sounds an awfull lot like a sexual arousal dissorder which are very much real, and can very easily undermine relationships.

There's no fault involved, many times they stem from other dissorders by which no pleasure is fealt physically or pain is felt instead.

These are issues that need to be discussed with your doctor and perhaps refered to a practitioner who specializes in the treatment of sexual arousal dissorders.

It is not all that uncommon, it is not your fault, but it is also not normal. . . and you deserve to have the same pleasure that your partner does.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 8 (view)

FAIRY TALE ALL WOMEN SHOULD KNOW - OMG A ROOM FULL OF DAMAGED WOMEN !!!!!!
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:07:55 PM
Easy to like looks like he's only easy for gangmembers to like.

What's with the Los Vatos Locos bandana dude?
You go talking about damaged goods, but all I saw was funny in this series of posts untill your wanna be deathsquad gangsta' but showed up to piss on the party.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 3 (view)

Geographical distances
Posted: 8/15/2009 4:52:21 PM
I concur in large with the above statements. It appears that the distances is set not to exclude people from seeing you, but to exclude them from your searches.

I guess they figure that it can't hurt to have people talk to you. Also maybe you haven't set your e-mail filter and have just set your search parameters. Perhaps check that??
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 19 (view)

What is the deal with this guy?
Posted: 7/26/2009 1:58:33 PM
Sounds as though he still has some hangups about relationships. If you're willing to hang on, then know that you may wait for a long long time.

If not, then cut him lose. He won't get over it untill he's ready, and if you call it over, then you'll know what's more importaint. . . His hangups about labels, or you.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 10 (view)

This seems to have crept up on me
Posted: 7/26/2009 1:55:47 PM
Admitedly said without all the details, but the guy seems a little creepy to me from your description.

Extroverted and kind doesn't always = genuine. Sometimes it equals perv.
 CerebralRomantic

How do you know that you know?
Posted: 7/15/2009 6:01:20 PM
Hmm,

If it develops peace, it is insight. Otherwise it isn't. In other words, you measure insight by its results in terms of how much peace it gives you.

Would that mean that heroin is insight for a drug addict? This would totally derail the war on drugs brain frying campain if we were to somehow legitimize the whole "mind expansion," belief that people have in drugs.

Correct from incorrect insight is based on if it does or does not ultimately pan out to be supported by external and controlled science.

If you have insight that the world is a flat pancake then it is incorrect, because the world is a sphereoid.

If your insight tells you that you are being cheated in a game of cards and later an ace falls out of your opponents sleeve then your insight was correct.

No other way to know.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 37 (view)

A Better Way of Voting
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:56:09 PM
You make the gigantic assumption that there is a realistic manner in which to judge the degree of maturity of each votor without individually interviewing each and every one on every election.

Every citizen should have the right to vote. But
each ballot would be assigned a weight equal to
the degree of maturity of the voter.

For example, our last 'so called president,' el muchacho/ presidente el grande heffe, king of the frat party, and not so recovering Cocain addict George W. Bush.

Where exactly does he fall on the 'maturity,' scale for you.

At well over 50 years old he managed to alienate an entire planet, start two wars, and bankrupt our country.

How mature is that, does that mean that his vote is weighted as a zero on your scale?

Because if that's so, how the hell did he get elected (in my oppinion the apointment by the Supreme court had more to do with it, but let's go with elected for arguments sake) twice.

Does that fact mean that the whole country is immature?

Why then under your system would any of us deserve to vote?

No sir, you assume too much of your fellow mankind. We are much too flawed at any age for such utopian proposals.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 51 (view)

Generating electricity from electricity
Posted: 7/15/2009 10:11:58 AM

Apparently the production of usable energy using permanent magnets in a rotating device or "engine" exists. A fellow by the name of Micheal Brady has started a company called Perendev which produces 100 kw. and 300kw. generators as well as one to power a car. It looks so beautifully simple. No inputs. No pollution.
Do a search for the company name and see for yourself.

Oh wow, holy ... what can I say here that won't get censored... lol rofl

This is called a stator, and they've been around for at almost two hundred years since 1821/34, and they most certainly require an input of power from an outside source.

You have two choices with these devices. Put electrical power in, and get mechanical energy in return AKA a motor, or put mechanical energy in and get electrical power in return AKA a generator.

You either missunderstand the concept being stated in the advertising, or your Mr. Micheal Brady is a class A charliton who will soon be facing copywright infringement charges from any survivors to the estates of William Sturgeon, Joseph Henry, Andre Marie Ampere, Michael Faraday, and Thomas Davenport.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 50 (view)

Generating electricity from electricity
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:55:31 AM
The only way to get electricity from electricity would still involve an overall loss of energy from the system.

That would be to set up huge collection grids of lightning rods and run them through a system of capacitors and step down transformers and then either directly to the grid, or to a systom of battery banks.

Either way, you would require a high lightning strike rate, and you would still wind up losing much of the bolt's original energy in the form of heat.

Possible, yes, but highly impractical and inefficient.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 13 (view)

International Space Station
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:33:43 AM
Be it a money pit or not, it still has cost less during it's construction then the development of the JSF (joint strike fighter) and the Army's famous multi-billion dollar blunder the Bradley Fighting Vehical which managed to make its way from a small jeep like troup transport to a mini-tank in just under several billion dollars a year for god knows how many years it was before they finally decided if it was going to be a transport or a tank, finally calling it neither.

In my own personal oppinion, we already had the Humvee, and we already had the M1-A1, why did we need the **stard child of the two at all.

We don't already have a space station put together harmoniously by a co-operative effort of world governments in a first step to sending humans back to the moon and then on to Mars.

So if it's a waste of money, at least it's a peacefull waste of money.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 15 (view)

Religion and morality. Hardwired in the Brain ?
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:23:09 AM

Since when? I've got Aspergers, and know quite a few other people who firmly believe in G-d, who clearly have every sign of Asperger's, some possibly High Functioning Autistics.

For someone with aspergers, you seem to have no problem understanding the emotional concept of smiling. Also many of your prior posts have been extremely emotionaly charged.

Aspergers is often overdiagnosed.

It's the ADD of higher level phycological dissorders.
 CerebralRomantic

Religion and morality. Hardwired in the Brain ?
Posted: 7/14/2009 5:11:46 PM
Yes, it is hardwired. This is why Schizophrenics are more likely to believe in God, and Autistics are less likely.

Schizophrenics are more influenced by the sensory hallucinogenic portion of the brain which allows for the creation of such fantastic concepts such as God, spirits, etc. so much so that they are unable to discern these primal impulses from reality.

Autistics have limited to no connection with these centers, rather having all of their cognitive powers devoted to the logic portion of their brain, hence their intense frustration when confronted with issues relating to or governed by emotion.

Simply put. Religion is a mental illness.

A very common one, but a mental illness nontheless.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 14 (view)

More Stem Cells; Organ Replacement
Posted: 7/14/2009 5:02:19 PM

Was I wrong?

Another victim of Fox News' selective reporting.

Twenty years ago is where your information is comming from?

The research being done is on all aspects. Yes they have been attempting to reactivate the dormant DNA in all cells to turn them into stem cells.

The problem really is that we're not yet 100% certain how that information becomes deactivated in the first place. The genome was only recently cracked, and over half of the actual coding in DNA codes for things other than the actual manufacturing of proteins, and those portions that don't code for proteins we are almost completely in the dark about.

If we could use adult stem cells as easily as social conservatives make it seem because they're agenda desperately needs it to be, then we wouldn't need stem cells at all, because we would know enough about the DNA itself to simply cure all diseases on a cellular level.

Gently put, yes, you are incorrect in believing that adult stem cells are just as good, and therefore there is no need for fetal stem cells.

This is a lie created by pollititians who would rather see discarded embrios wind up in medical waste incinerators than in research that could potentially save millions of lives. (Make no mistake, that's where we put them when they don't get used for implantation. They don't just sit there waiting for a host, they go in a red medical waste bag and are shipped to a facility equiped to handle the destruction of medical waste. Up in smoke.)
 CerebralRomantic

More Stem Cells; Organ Replacement
Posted: 7/14/2009 4:48:31 PM

The reason life is so special is because it does hang by a thread.
My hands are special because i can't replace them when they're gone.

Respectfully, I have to dissagree.

My life is special because of who I am, and my hands are special because of what I do with them.

If I could do the same things and think as I do, and act as I do with new hands, a new heart, new kidneys, etc. then I would continue to be special. . . forever.

There is no afterlife, so why not extend the one we're in now so all of us can be as special as we can be (since being special seems so special to you, I don't see how you can dissagree).

In my personal oppinion, people only make arguments about life being special for stupid reasons like its tenuousness when they don't truely have appreciation for their own lives. When they haven't actually lived their own lives to the fullest, so they don't really care that they die or don't. . . Or if they have some stupid belief in God and an afterlife that gives them an automatic out from any and all social responsibility.

I say that every politician who is against promising research should be required to be injected with whatever disease it is they are refusing to fund reasearch for.

Light a fire under their self rightious asses.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 20 (view)

How long can the earth, or mankind last ?
Posted: 7/5/2009 6:05:15 PM
To paraphrase Stephen Hawking, "aggression may at one point have been a survival instinct, but as we have evolved it has ceased to be. If we as a species do not learn to curb our capacity for destruction then we will ultimately destroy ourselves."

Very rough paraphrasing, would definately appreciate if someone could find the original quote, it's from an interview he did as part of a series of scenarios as to how human kind could go extinct.

All the same, he's got it right.

We retain too much of our animal drives to not destroy ourselves.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 9 (view)

Interstellar (And Intergalactic) Travel
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:05:24 PM
Are, 'there are.' Scentance structure is a little off today.
 CerebralRomantic

Interstellar (And Intergalactic) Travel
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:03:59 PM
There is actually already several books based around this particular concept and involving the crossover interactions of these two separate societies. One particularly involved the harvesting of new members of what you call the "rellie" society, as supposedly reletavistic speeds also left them sterile.

Time dillation is always a facinating topic.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 30 (view)

Strange liberal demographic of my film group... WHY?
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:55:15 PM
Oh, and to whomever put up the post about Christians building schools in India.

THANKS FOR DESTROYING TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF INDEPENDANTLY EVOLVING CULTURE AND REPLACING IT WITH YOUR OWN MISGUIDED IDEAS OF RIGHT AND WRONG.

F- your schools.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 7/5/2009 4:53:08 PM

No-one gives subtitles for an English speaker with a thick Louisiana accent. If you don't understand the accent, you're stuffed.

You want to know the truely sad thing about this country (USA) scorpiomover?

The sad thing is that they actually HAVE started putting subtitles under people who speak English with an accent. It's somewhat common when the person speaking is either from the South or African American, and I have seen it as being increasingly common with those who are Asian American and some Arab Americans, even when their English is crisp and perfectly understandable.

I'm not certain if it is because there are some people out there in higher positions who's spoken English is so bad that they actually can't understand their fellow Americans, or whether it is done to deliberately humiliate these groups.

It's probably a combination of both. But what I feel it does is humiliate we as a nation as a whole in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Sorry to be disipointin' y'all o're theigh in that big ferndly is'lnd of Engalend.
...."Sorry to dissapoint all of you over there on that big friendly island of England."
 CerebralRomantic

Is he interested in her or me?
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:36:08 PM
I don't think he's gay. Chihuahuas are classic beach troller dogs. Go out to the beach, spot some hot chikas, 'accidentally' the dogs yip at eachother, and wham he has an excuse to leer at the two of you.

In response to the innitial question, he's interested in whichever one of you will give him enough of the time of day for him to have an in. He's a slut. If you wan't him all you gotta do is let him know.
 CerebralRomantic

What about Casual Relationships?
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:31:03 PM
Continued interest in the physical aspect of the relationship is attempted with a belief that it can be divorced from prior emotional attatchment.

All things that allow for innitial engagement in sexual activity have already been established via the relationship, and so conveniece would most likely play a big factor.

Also I would imagine that the agreed on definition of the relationship as just being for one thing would allow those involved to pretend that it didn't matter that they couldn't stand eachother. And in some cases, they may be fighting lingering feelings.

Who knows, perhaps in a portion of these relationships it will rekindle what was there to begin with.

In general it's not something I would recomend, because you break up with people for what are usualy solid reasons even though at the time they may not appear to be.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 16 (view)

When should we talk money?
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:08:26 PM
The only time money needs to come up is when you all are finalizing a pre-nup.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 14 (view)

Normal for a guy to offer money to woman he's used?
Posted: 7/5/2009 3:57:49 PM
Normal, no.

But I'd have to guess that since people like Limbaugh and Hannity have shows that actually get large viewing audiences that it's not that uncommon either.

You in thinking that this is wrong, are two things; 1: Absolutely correct. 2: Anything but conservative.

This kind of crap is what I mean when I get exaspirated at Conservatives bashing Liberals and then getting their d- - - - sucked in a public restroom.

It is the so called "conservative," hardliners that would give your friend crap for not taking the money and then calling her a whore anyway.

You suffer from a classic case of "oops I didn't know I was a liberal."

Rock on, and make certain your friend tells that A-hole off. And if she won't, do it for her.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 112 (view)

Next Step in Human Evolution
Posted: 7/4/2009 4:39:52 AM
The next step in human evolution is precicely why I find Republicans and conservatives who rail against research to be hilarious.

In explanation it is simply this: We have through our lifestyles and technology essentially halted human evolution.

Our immune systems are probably the only part of us left that is even remotely succeptable to the selective pressures that drive the process of evolution. For everything else we have developed technological crutches that allow anyone and everyone to do just fine and pass on their genetic material no matter what they come into the world with.

We even let stupid people like Rush Limbaugh breed, so even our brains are no longer truely being selected for.

Therefore the next step in human evolution will be one entirely dependent on technology. In particular the technology of genetic engineering. We have hijacked our own evolution and therefore, where we go from here is entirely up to us.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 19 (view)

The End Of The Universe
Posted: 7/4/2009 4:09:09 AM
Aww, c'mon follks don't you all know that in the end there will be the rapture and we'll all be either raised up to heaven or sent to the pits of hell. LOL.

No, really, in all seriousness, entropy always wins in the end.

It really won't matter what dark matter is made up of, which at this time we really have no idea, frankly we know so little about the universe. Most matter we know is there we know because it produces or alters light. Dark matter could simply be clouds of dust sitting so far away from anything that produces light that it cannot be detected by means other than gravitational lensing from things behind it.

Or it could be some other substance entirely. Who knows, not likely in this decade.

When everything dissipates out into space we will have ceased to exist for many billions of years, and then the universe will simply sit and be a cold piece of existence in the multiverse scrapyard.
 CerebralRomantic

Posted: 7/4/2009 4:01:42 AM
I think that America has a twisted sense of what is liberal and what is conservative. What we now routinely accept as conservative is what in the 40s was known as Fascism. I think it's no suprise that these people who spend their entire political energies railing against the evils of immigrants and any form of independant thought don't want to be exposed to foreign and idependant films.

They have Rush Limbaugh telling them daily that these things are evil and will result in them burning in hellfire.

As for Christians. What is practiced in America is not Christianity by any messure of scripture.

I don't think that you can really blame it on Christianity that they don't want to see it. I think that you can blame it on the biggotry of modern American Churches.

And I'm willing to bet that the 2 Christians you have are not the shining superstars of their respective congregations.

Those superstars will only go see stuff like "Pasion of the Christ." . . . and they'll actually buy into all the crap in that movie too.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 101 (view)

If you found out he used an escort
Posted: 7/3/2009 3:16:37 PM
Obviously 'The Rock Man,' has spent some time in Reno lately.

Unless your counting drinks, you don't put a one night stand on your credit card.

And with a one night stand there is at least the slim chance that she's been the one night stand of fewer than 365 guys X however many years she's been working ( let's say she's putting herself through college, that would make it.... 1,460 different chances to get AIDS

I'd say get yourself tested, and then get yourself a new guy.
 CerebralRomantic

What happened?
Posted: 7/3/2009 3:10:54 PM
This F-n sh-t is why I won't date religious people.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 151 (view)

Is it racism when....
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:56:58 PM
Wouldn't it just have been easier to screen your e-mail rather than putting something explicit on your page.

If you expected the e-mail, then you expected the controversy, so some part of you really wanted to start this thread before you even added it to your profile.

The simple need to have a discussion in such depth about something that quite simply is irrelevant as long as the woman in question is smokin' hot reguardless of skin color, is what makes you a sore thumb.

Sure, maybe you are attracted to certain physical characteristics that are less common in women of Asian decent. Then go with putting up those possitive characteristics you are looking for rather than ones you aren't and classifying that as a racial group.

Chances are you're probably wrong in your own assumptions. Take Tia Carrerre for example she's Asian, but I bet you wouldn't turn her away if she tried to jump you.

Think before you post.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and just say you're a fool, because you're either a fool or a racist.
 CerebralRomantic

What am I doing wrong?...Or is it me at all?
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:33:56 PM
If they are the ones bringing up sex first then they are ***holes and I agree with the prior assertion that you are attracted to schmucks.

If it's you running your mouth off about every little thing that worries you, then for heaven's sake STOP!!!

Schmucks will have an answer that leads them to ditch you cause they know they won't be getting the only thing they're after, and respectfull guys will think "gee this girl's got some real issues," and get out while the getting is good.

It sounds to me as though you need to tone down your style of interaction and start to look at life and dating for what it is; getting to know yourself and someone else and figuring out if you work well together.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 18 (view)

dating, commitment
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:25:31 PM
If he's not asking you to marry him and just wants a commitment from you that you and he are in a relationship that's going somewhere, then just suck it up and make a choice one way or the other. Just don't fault him for walking away if he sees the relationship stalling.
 CerebralRomantic

Kissing and lipstick
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:22:35 PM
Not a turn off, just messy.
 CerebralRomantic

First date goes too far? What now?
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:19:56 PM
It doesn't always mandate that a relationship won't come out of it, but it certainly puts it in the 'not bloody likely,' category.

Both genders have to learn that half of what makes a relationship work is underlying connection, and the other half is the anticipation that allows for that underlying conection to come out over the long drawn out period where you may or may not have just been hanging out in the first place because the other person was hot, and not yet had the opportunity to realize that there was something more.

Chalk it up to a loss. Once a booty call, always a booty call.
 CerebralRomantic

How soon can you call a guy?
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:10:52 PM
Obsession lies in how much you call him, not how soon.

And also how much how soon, but the how much is much more importaint.

Ten times a day the first week is obsession.

Ten times a day after you've been going out for two years just means you need to get a calendar because obviously your calling to confirm a lot of things that you've forgotten.

Just call the man. That's what he gave you his phone number for, and if you're not sure, then give him your's and see which one of you caves first.
 CerebralRomantic

How do men REALLY feel about independent women?
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:49:39 PM
I will restate the obvious before proceding; next time you see your friend look carefully for where he is conceiling his loincloth and large wooden club. . .

Real men prefer independent women, because clingy needy women are, to those men who don't require them to validate their own self loathing, anoying as hell.

Someone constantly harping in my ear about can I do this can I do that, can I have some money for this, is this that or the other thing ok for the living room dining room, what the heck do I care, dip into your own bank account from your own job and get it yourself if you really want it that bad and leave me out of it, that's what we all have jobs for.

No, a completely dependent woman would be a total nightmare.

I'm not saying that I don't wan't someone who will appreciate gifts when I give them, or someone who doesn't enjoy cuddling or being all those goofy things that people who date do.

I'm just saying that what I want from a girl is a friend, not a pet.

Hope that helps, and tell your friend that Fred Flinstone was asking for him and so was Al Bundy.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 57 (view)

Are Caucasians decendents of Arabs ?
Posted: 6/19/2009 10:02:16 PM
[ A friend of mine explained to me that Caucasians are actually direct dependents of Arabs that originated in the middle east and migrated north past the Caucus mountains hence the word Caucasians. Now this friend of mine though very articulate but I would not call him an expert. I asked another person and they said that theory is incorrect that Caucasians originated from Europe. I hope I'm not stirring the pot hear just curious. Really, if your a believer in evolution then you would agree that all mankind had a starting point and just migrated as they saw fit.

So I'd like to hear from other people, let me know what you think. ]

Your friend is mistaken.

Caucasions share heritage with Indians more so than Arabs, and the actual point of shared heritage is with people in the Indus River Valley who died off many many centuries ago, long before the Romans.

This civilization is largely accepted as being one of the oldest known civilizations humanity has ever had.

We certainly may share heritage with people from the Middle East, but we are not their direct decendants. The closest analogy would be distant cousins.

. . . Although your friend is certainly more on track than whatever idiot said Caucasions orriginated in Europe, because the more familiar form we see today originated in the Caucuses which for the record are in Russia not in the Middle East.

Hope that helps.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 15 (view)

are we made up of atoms?
Posted: 6/19/2009 9:55:40 PM
In response to Gretta Garbo (I presume)'s statement that "energy never dies," I'm not so certain that's acurate. I thought that was the whole concept of entropy that the energy is slowly draining out of the universe over time untill we are left with a cold dark vast expanse of barely moving subatomic particles.

In relation to the atoms in our bodies, I suppose that we share atoms briefly when whe occupy a closed room with poor ventilation, but the CO2 in the air in such a room is not really incorporated into our bodies and so isn't truely "shared."

Afterward, our left overs take much too long to break down into constituant parts to be usefull in any form to other humans, baring those who crash-land in the middle of the Peruvian Andies, and let's face it, none of us really want to go to where that particular train of thought leads.

Atoms are simply cute little bundles of electrons protons and neutrons that we occasionally need to take out for a walk.
 CerebralRomantic

Psychology of Cats
Posted: 3/21/2009 9:35:14 PM
Some cats do like water. Tigers swim in it.

The scooping thing is half an instinct to see the level of the water, and half her being a perpetual kitten, and believe me I know it can be anoying. When she realizes that she's thirsty and has forfeited all the water in the dish, the toilette is a convenient "oops, guess I have to drink from here."

Don't know what to tell you in terms of stopping it. Only that maybe she'll grow out of it. If she does respond to spraying her with water as a deterrent then you can try that. If she doesn't care about being wet like my cat, you just have to deal.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 18 (view)

Child abuse statute of limitations question
Posted: 3/21/2009 9:28:22 PM
Idon't care who dunnit, they could be the pope, some imam, or some crazy dude dressed up as god. There should be no statute of limitations on child abuse, there should be no statute of limitations on rape, just as there is no statute of limitations on murder.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 17 (view)

It is exactly this mindset....
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:07:21 PM

One of my greatest fascinations is how people from the far left preach tolerance but don't practice it...perfectly prepared to be accepting of anyone....who doesn't disagree with them.

Perhaps I can attempt to enlighten you.

I preach tollerance whenever I can. But tollerance must be combined with realities. Not all of us can put flowers in the barrels of guns which are later used to massacre our fellow students, . . . not all of us can face down 20 ton tanks in the middle of Tienamen Square, not all of us can walk headlong at a gate along with 20,000 fellow protestors where we know our ultimate fate to be smacked on the head with a billy club only to turn around and do nothing in response but seek treatment for our wounds.

It's not about being prepaired to agree with people "as long as they agree with me," it's about to what degree their beliefs differ.

I'm sorry, but I just wouldn't be comfortable golfing with Hitler with the caveat, "you know man, let's just not talk politics today. K? . . . So how's Eva's cooking these days?"

And a sizable portion of the so called "Right Wing," is so far removed from the "Party of Lincoln," that I just don't feel comfortable talking to them about things. These same people claim to be affiliated with a man who ended slavery, cherished peace above all things while the country was wracked by war, tore himself up over his percieved failures to avoid conflict as the solution, and desired full reintegration of the South WITHOUT THE PUNITIVE MEASURES APPLIED BY HIS SUCCESSORS, and yet they vocally hate everyone and everything that is the slightest bit different from them in skin color, view point, socioeconomic status, etc. Essentially spitting in Lincoln's face, and pissing on his legacy.

And you wonder why I can't find it in myself to be accepting of their viewpoints?

In the words of Rush; "I can learn to close my eyes, To anything but injustice . . . I can learn to coexist, With anything but pain."

So untill you 'mylifasme,' show me a postcard picture with you giving a big wet sloppy one to Heinrich Himler, while Rush Limbaugh grabs your but, kindly open a history book before your next post.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 5 (view)

Why would he do this?
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:32:29 AM
I'm with Mynamesnotjesus on this one. You are describing every guys worst nightmare. That is to say, the innermost thoughts of an obsessive-posessive woman. Someone who thinks they are in love after two or three dates, no matter what the other individual may or may not feel.

Now if you had said you were passionately involved, he'd bought you gifts, screwed your brains out telling you he loved you and couldn't bear to think of you not being in his life, and then dumped you... Sure maybe I think he's an a-hole.

From what you describe I just think you're a little creepy.
 CerebralRomantic

Socially Awkward or not interested.
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:22:15 AM

The culture thing might be a problem, from the perspective that his family might be pressuring him into only dating a Chinese/Indian/Whatever-he-is girl

He seems to be trying to be a close friend. You see to be wanting to make it more.
He may even be gay.

Even bassackward immigrants with zero social skills understand attraction. Unless you want to drag him by his hair back to your cave, you're going to have to let him meet you halfway.

Shame on you DosHermanas, this individual is asking for help, .... and might I add though she is getting quite a few good suggestions from the guys above, for some reason she keeps coming back to look for a different answer.... and here you are to spoonfeed it to her.

You don't have tickle fights with a guy and fall asleep snuggled up with him and not eventually have a conversation about it afterward.

Does it always mean something, no.
Could it mean he's gay... who knows, maybe.
Could it mean he likes you certainly, and guys are, as stated above typically oblivious to your feelings unless they are hit over the head with them.

And don't get it twisted, he's not going to sit you down and say, "so, you know about what happened last night when we snuggled, I just want to make sure that we're straight about what that meant emotionally to the both of us...... etc."

If he had, then you would have your answer about his being gay or not.

Nope, for better or for worse, in the wonderful land of evolutionary biology/ male female culture/ whatever you chose to call it, starting that conversation is your job.

Stop looking for an excuse not to act and just sit his but down and admit how you feel. It will at very least aleviate the stress you are feeling from all of this by bringing about resolution one way or the other.

Good luck.
 CerebralRomantic

Is it possible to love someone with differing political views?
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:09:57 AM

Are you kidding, some of my best relationships have been with people who hold different political views. It makes for GREAT foreplay!! (as long as everything is kept in perspective...)

Quick follow up in form of open question to Ultimatrix: Ok, but have you ever been married? If so, was it to someone from the opposite party? If so, how'd that work out for you?

Personally if it means skipping debilitating fights, I'll go for a little less foreplay.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 12 (view)

Is it possible to love someone with differing political views?
Posted: 3/17/2009 1:02:01 AM
You can love anyone. I loved my uber-religious Catholic grandmother who made a deal with God and quit smoking because somehow if she hadn't quit smoking the markings on my grandfather's chest X-ray some 50-60 odd years ago would have miraculously changed from pneumonia to lung cancer, even though the two disease processes aren't even remotely similar. That doesn't mean I didn't crack up inside and look at her with a little less respect when my father told me the story. Obviously it didn't bother my grandfather, but then aside from him, all their children and grandchildren are atheists, so go figure how that one works out. I think love is not the only thing that makes a relationship work out in the long run.

In my grandfather's case, perhaps it was an infinate ability to humor my grandmother. I myself would prefer it to be mutual respect.

Either way. The short answer for me is no. People nowadays treat politics as though it were religion. And that is, at least for someone who makes an attempt to see all sides while still maintaining a strong oppion, an unacceptable thing to have to deal with.

Just immagine, the type of message you'd send your children if one of you believes in increased access to social services, and increased funding for the same, and the other one would teach their children to "stay away from those people, they're all drug dealers." And yet you were still together.

Talk about a recipie for schizophrenic kids. . . . Who then ironically would require the use of social services. Lol.

No. No it's not.
 CerebralRomantic

Children of Divorce. Monkey See...Monkey Do?
Posted: 3/17/2009 12:47:46 AM
It's the old nature vs. nurture debate all over again, and nurture won out a long long time ago in most respectable circles.

That said, we are all of us ultimately responsible for our own decisions. We may have impulses that come from some core psychology, but it is we who make the decision to act or to hold back our desire to act on those impulses.

Children of troubled homes may indeed be prone to certain pressures within relationships, and those who are in relationships with them need to be aware of the possibilities that their relationship may face challanges.

I think that certain red flags need to be ignored on both sides before divorce or unhappy marriages become realities, and so by that time responsibility again falls squarely on the choices made by individuals.

You can defeat so called destiny, but only if you recognize when you are engaging in those types of behaviors that your situation has predisposed you to.

And to end with a cliche from John Conner, "There is no fate but that we make."
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 12 (view)

Acceptable to hate instantly, but unacceptable to love instantly. Why?
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:27:49 PM
I have to echo the very first reply here.

Hating someone on sight is based uppon the same foolish assumption that you can know everything there is to know about someone and how you will ultimately interact with them in one instant.

To hate someone is to love them.

They both take equal amounts of emotional devotion, and they are both as illogical in their nature.

Love at least has the ability to be a productive persuit, where hate does not. But the idea that you will know instantly is insane.

Now, first impressions of like or dislike are natural, and are the beginning of the process to one way or the other. . . so it is possible to be immediately attracted or repulsed by someone. I just wouldn't build everything to come around that one kernal.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 24 (view)

GM threatens to pull the bankruptcy trigger if it doesn't get more money.
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:13:02 PM
Booyah, booyah, booyah. Ding dong the overproducing, underselling, R&D resistant witch is dead.

Now more progressive companies like Toyota with hybrid technologies, and Tesla Motorcorp, with it's 100% electric car that drives faster and more reliably than any sports car manufactured by GM or the big 3, can have a little bit more market room and a TON more federal funding.

It's high time we started funding what works, not just what happens to be there.
 CerebralRomantic
Msg: 21 (view)

Has society bred stupidity?
Posted: 3/9/2009 5:36:27 PM
I think that this is an interesting question.

Are we getting dumber, or simply more ignorant?

What we are doing is superceding the active process of natural selection in our own evolution. As social beings crossed with our ever progressing mastery of technology, more and more the determination of who lives to an age where they are able to have children is determined by scientific tools rather than natural pressures.

So that means that the process by which we select mates has become entirely based on the social fitness of a person rather than their ability to produce strong offspring (although we do have one or two throwbacks floating around still, all hail former president fratboy (gagging on own bile. . . ok I'm ok now, will continue. . .))

It means, that you have picked the proper word with which to frame your question; breeding.

We are breeding humans now based uppon what they believe, what they say, and who they agree with. If an individual does not follow a certain creed, or believe in a certain set of moral/ ethical values that coincide with everyone else, then as a society we shun them, and it becomes harder for them to breed.

Unfortunately for us as a society, we have chosen social values which are not particularly beneficial to the new structure which we have built ourselves around. . . That is to say that at a time in which we are ever more dependant on science to keep us alive, we are selectively breeding human beings who will be born into families which teach social values devoid of science at best, and believing science to be evil at worst.

Therefore short circuting our own evolution.

I would say that amounts to voluntarily having your own heart replaced with a mechanical pump, and then displaying your disbelief in the properties of electricity by pulling the plug. . .

And yes, that is extremely stupid.

Show ALL Forums