Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Bullying Acceptable!?
 liveyourlife
Msg: 8 (view)

Bullying Acceptable!?
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:12:57 AM
I guess what really bothered me was when I went to "report" him to admin (or who ever complaints go to) According to the rules, you cant report someone based on the msgs they send, only on their profile content. So its ok to talk to ppl like crap but the person making the complaint runs the risk of being booted off the site? Well whatever, I havent been kicked off yet but I'm sure I will be soon enough. So let me get this straight --talk to others like crap=the receiver gets booted because they spoke their opinion and stood up against rude behaviour because of the msgs they received........seems legit.

Also, I blocked and deleted him.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 1 (view)

Bullying Acceptable!?
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:46:58 AM
I have done online dating for many years and am still friends with some great guys. I received an extremely hurtful msg last night and it is still bothering me today. Since a can't write the actual msg I will summarize it as best as I can. The inital msg was stating that if I lost 20 lbs I would be hot to which I responded by calling him an a**. The next msgs consisted of degraded women in his chosen area but that I had potential if I just stopped eating crap and moved my butt...I would be lighter and be overwhelmed with attention.

In this day and age where we are trying to teach our youth about bullying, is it ok to allow/excuse adults from doing the same thing (his profile says hes 36 im 35). At this point in my life I figured I was past all of that nonsense. It has definatley left a scar on my heart and I feel bad if he ever procreates and teaches his kids them same things hes doing.

3 things u cannot recover in life: the WORD after its said, the MOMENT after its missed, & the TIME after its gone.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 125 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:22:06 PM
I'm 4'11 I don't really have a choice but to date guys that are taller than me...lol. I did date a guy that was 6'3, it was akward all around (except for getting stuff out of the cupboard, that was handy ) I find that the 5'6 to 5'9 range is good, your not straining your neck as much just to talk to them.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 9 (view)

The strangest place you've ever been picked up in???
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:29:35 AM
A guy was trying his darndest at the sex shop (of all places).....don't think he noticed I was looking at the couples stuff....A+ on trying but definate failure
 liveyourlife
Msg: 3 (view)

You know you're getting old when ...
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:23:21 PM
when you run into the kids you used to babysit at the bar.....
 liveyourlife
Msg: 414 (view)

men in uniforms
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:52:32 PM
one word...YUMMY!!!
 liveyourlife
Msg: 511 (view)

Are there ANY women who don't CHEAT?
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:35:32 PM
I have never cheated. Having been cheated on and going through the pain of it all, I could never put anyone though that.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 7 (view)

Omens, Spirituality, Law of Attraction?
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:09:46 PM
No he hasn't ran. He told me to take as much time as I need.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 3 (view)

wondering
Posted: 4/13/2009 3:32:45 PM
I think you need to focus on how your life is going to changing in the near future. You are going to have to joy of bringing a new life into this world and that should be your number one focus, everything else can wait.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/13/2009 3:19:13 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, and yes I have read The Secret which has me thinking and wondering (even a lil freaked out...lol)
 liveyourlife

Posted: 4/12/2009 9:00:40 AM
Not sure which forum to put this in , so I'll give it a shot here. I'm curiuos to know what people think about omens etc. (especially in terms of realationships) Here's the story, I have a guy friend who's told me his feelings about me. I've been putting off talking about it (cuz I'm not sure yet) Over the past week I have run into his brother and multiple friends of his that I haven't seen in 7 years (weird)...to top it off I ran into my friend while he was shopping yesterday (I didn't tell him I had a coffee date with someone later that day). Just wondering if people believe in weird omen stuff...law of attraction . Thoughts please.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 35 (view)

WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:34:08 AM
Preferably taller than me, I'm 4'11" (so not too hard to find someone taller... ) I have a guy friend who says that I'm the perfect height (he's 5'9"). I once dated a guy that was 6'3", it was great cuz he could get stuff out of the top cupboards, but other then that it was awkward.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 107 (view)

Morning sex, why is it so great??
Posted: 3/25/2009 4:54:54 PM
Morning sex is the best! Your body is relaxed, your mind is free of stress and you can enjoy it more. Plus it beats waking up to the alarm clock.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 4 (view)

Dating your best friend?
Posted: 3/6/2009 5:16:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. This hasn't been easy for me and your words have been encouraging.
 liveyourlife

Dating your best friend?
Posted: 3/2/2009 10:29:03 AM
OK so here's the story. I have a best male friend (we've been friends for 12 years). He's was all drunk on msn a few weeks ago and spills his guts about how he has felt about me over the years. He said that he's the guy that's supposed to be with me and that he wants to be with me because he knows I'm going places in my life and that he wants to be there with me.
Knowing that he is drunk, I told him that if he remembered having this conversation to call me the next day. Guess what, ya he called and remembered everything.
Here's where it gets complicated (at least for me)....see I met him when I was dating one of his friends and he was living at his house (him and his now ex-wife were thinking about separating...she was convinced we were having an affair...not true)...however not to say things didnt happen after they divorced.
We've helped each other through some crazy times in our lives, he's seen me date some not so suitable guys and I 've seen some not so suitable gals for him. I've practically watched his kids grow up (they know I'm a friend of their dad), his parents know me and we talk when I do see them.
Needing some other opinions on this. I have thought about him over the years but never admitted it too him because I thought he wouldn't be interested. I had another friend tell me that I should be so lucky that he has shared this with me and that so many people would love to hear things like this from their best friend.
Has this happened to you, have you been the best friend to tell your feelings, what happened to the friendship after?
 liveyourlife
Msg: 72 (view)

How come we all get so picky after 30?
Posted: 2/26/2009 7:04:21 AM
I wouldn't say that we are picky. I think that we have just learned from our experiences. We know what we are willing to compromise on and what the deal breakers are.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 41 (view)

Your now 30, have you grown up yet?
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:28:37 AM
As I sit here reading the retirement package I received from work I have a song running through my head....'I dont wanna grow up cuz I'm a Toys R Us kid, there's a million things at ......"

anyways back to portfolios....
 liveyourlife
Msg: 21 (view)

annoying dating advice that you've heard
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:16:15 AM
This one was just told to me the other day (from a guy I dated...ya were still friends)..."Just go up to a guy in the bar and grab his ass....he'll thank you for it"....what!!

Guys...please tell me this doesn't work!!!

His other piece of advice..."You have big boobs so you'll have no problem"....seriously!! (theres has to be more to guys then this kind shallow thinking)
 liveyourlife
Msg: 48 (view)

Is the fairytale impossible after 30?
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:05:50 AM
I would love to believe in the fairytale but as time goes on and I reflect on the relationships I've been in I belive the title of romantic/comedy is more appropriate. (followed closely by romantic/horror ... lol)
 liveyourlife
Msg: 13 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 8/1/2007 3:49:53 PM
Is it just me or is the house full of freaking crybabies!!?? Geez people--the game is all about lying, cheating and getting stabbed in the back--don't cry about it...just get even....cripes!!
 liveyourlife
Msg: 6 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 7/6/2007 5:28:08 PM
Oh but the fur could fly between the 2 chicks that went to school together...the one has an eerie voice similar to Holly's from a few season ago (quite annoying...that wants going to drive me nuts). It would also put a spin on things if the father/daugther combo joined forces.
 liveyourlife

Big Brother
Posted: 7/3/2007 7:31:20 PM
I have seen the previews of the house and it is an Alice in Wonderland theme...could be fun. Giant furniture in some rooms, iddy biddy chairs in others and almost like little mouse house doors...kinda odd....however. It could be interesting having worst enemies living in the house and the twist with the America's people houseguest....not sure what that all about exactly. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days. (I've already been checking out the spoiler site too...terrible I know)
 liveyourlife

Big Brother
Posted: 6/26/2007 9:17:27 AM
Hey all...Has anyone started a Big Brother thread yet? Ya I know sad, sad but I'm on the coundown to July 5th. What can I say it's the only reality show I watch and its only on once a year. Is anyone else into this show as much as I am? The thread was great last year. What/who would you like to see in the house this summer?
 liveyourlife
Msg: 27 (view)

Can you party hard like a 20yr old when you are over 30?
Posted: 5/27/2007 3:40:38 PM
According to my night out last night I definately cant party like I used too.
 liveyourlife

Any changes needed?
Posted: 5/21/2007 7:08:10 AM
Hey
Looking for someone to take a look at my profile. I had once read on a guys profile that he was finding it difficult to find someone who was honest on their profile...huh...I thought mine was pretty honest. Take a look and let me know and thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 67 (view)

Going back to school in your 30's....
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:55:48 AM
I 'm hoping to go back to school in the fall to complete two programs that I started 5 and 10 years ago. If all goes well I could be working for the government in the new year (alot better than retail -- I think so...lol)
 liveyourlife
Msg: 47 (view)

What does your 30's mean to you ?
Posted: 5/15/2007 7:23:49 PM
^^^^^lol...so glad somebody else said it....i thought it was just me....
 liveyourlife
Msg: 79 (view)

Women: Would you date a guy that is shorter than you are,,,, Why/Why Not?
Posted: 5/5/2007 9:35:23 AM
I'm 5' (if I have the right shoes on...lol) so every guy I've ever dated has been taller.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 245 (view)

Is it ok to have a friend with benefits.....???????????
Posted: 4/26/2007 7:05:58 AM
Well here's a situation for you....Friends with benefits are okay so long as there is an understanding that if either partner is seeing another person the fun stops immediately. (those are the words I told my long term friend and it was agreed by both of us) However some new information has come to light that he doesn't know that I know and I'm ready to bust his balls on this one. Turns out that he's engaged and never said a word to me. Now I feel like a bag of shit cuz I know what its like to be cheated on. I need to figure out how to tell him that the gigs up and see the expression on his face when I tell him that I know his dirty little secret. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome. He can't have his cake and eat it too!!
 needtochill
Msg: 24 (view)

why is your 30's so hard?
Posted: 4/24/2007 7:31:29 AM
So today is the day I can officially say I'm now a part of the 30 something crowd. For some strange reason I couldn't be happier. 20's were okay but I'm sure 30's will be better.
 needtochill
Msg: 25 (view)

Would you have sex with your ex???
Posted: 4/20/2007 6:45:49 PM
HELL NO!!
There is a reason why they're an ex.
 needtochill
Msg: 357 (view)

What famous person do you look like or have been told you look like??????
Posted: 3/30/2007 4:53:32 PM
Okay I went to the heritage site and it was fun but the results I just don't know what to think.....I scanned all the pics that are on my profile and these were the results....
Naomi Watts 67%
Barbara Bush 60% (wife not the granddaughter!!)
Jane Fonda 55%
Meg Ryan 54%
Linda Evangelista 52%

Here's the best part....
Partick Swayze 76%!!!
Mark Wahlberg 54%

needtochill
Msg: 14 (view)

Turning 30 and your life change
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:03:42 AM
I will be turning 30 in about a month....and I cant wait!! (sounds crazy I'm sure) teens meh...nothing to crazy or exciting....20's (oh crap) had a hoot seen my fair share of fun/trouble whichever way you take it and then I got way to serious during the last few years and feel I missed out on some good times. Now I'm looking forward to actually living my live no regrets....new freinds, new experiences, no more of the self pity crap, actually meeting people (men) that are worth meeting (being used no more!!)....Is this nuts or normal...lol??
 needtochill
Msg: 2 (view)

Birthday Parties
Posted: 3/29/2007 7:42:37 AM
I was thinking more like dinner out , night of drinking, girls night out kinda thing.
 needtochill

Birthday Parties
Posted: 3/27/2007 8:45:08 AM
Is it wrong to throw yourself a birthday party if it is left as an open invitataion and whoever wants to come can. Friends of mine work crazy hours and I just found out that I have the weekend before my 30th birthday off. Want to do something crazy and fun but not pathetic. Any thoughts?
 needtochill
Msg: 69 (view)

$ 460 Dollar Fine ..... Damn I'm A Rookie LMAO
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:18:17 AM
$370...worth every penny too!!
 needtochill

A Collection of Pick-up Lines for any Occasion.
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:38:39 AM
(haven't used this one yet but I like it)

"That shirt is very becoming on you, but then again, if I were on you I'd becvming too"
 needtochill
Msg: 20 (view)

Merry Christmas not merry x-mas or happpy holidays
Posted: 10/28/2006 1:09:29 PM
Here's my issue with this topic and I go through this every year. I work retail and yes it has sucked the meaning of Christmas out of it, however. As a parting remark to everyone I came in contact with I used to say Merry Christmas. One year someone told me that they didn't belive in Christmas and I shouldn't say it (my apologies I should have known) So last year I changed to saying Happy Hoildays so I didn't piss anyone off and then I was told by a shopper that it is too politically correct . AHHH!!! I can't win!! I did notice though that more customres are swaying away from the correctness and saying Merry Christmas which is what I belive in.
 needtochill
Msg: 16 (view)

halloween costumes
Posted: 9/27/2006 5:32:42 PM
I'm gonna screw with everyones head and dress as a christmas elf
 needtochill
Msg: 10 (view)

when in a mall what do other people do that piss you off?
Posted: 9/24/2006 6:35:00 PM
I work in retail and have done so for 10 yrs and just when you think you've seen it all something off the wall happens.
Pet peeves include:
1. parents that do not watch their children (i don't get paid to babysit)
2. declined debit/credit cards (don't ask me what wrong with it, it's your card)
3. shoppers that make you feel like its a privelege to have them in your store
4. people that can't make up their mind
5. chronic returners
The list could go on and on
 needtochill
Msg: 42 (view)

Would you date a cop?
Posted: 9/14/2006 7:15:16 AM
Hell ya I'd date a cop...(there's 3 in my family and they are all great guys)
 needtochill
Msg: 7 (view)

Fantasia Parties???
Posted: 9/3/2006 4:22:53 PM
the parties are a hoot (and yes the hostess does make a difference) i went to one a year ago and the hostess played a cool game, let us try the edible stuff ... it was a great night of fun with some great friends
 needtochill
Msg: 118 (view)

Thirty and not married
Posted: 8/30/2006 9:06:51 AM
29 here...never married no kids (an apparent rare find from where i'm from) My friends have either been married and divorced or have no intention on getting married or having children and have taken permanent steps to insure the latter doesn't happen (which makes me wonder how many other guys ... especially... have done the same) In the words of Gene Simmons (watched Family Jewels for the first time the other day ) "I would much rather be happily unmarried than unhappily married" ... well said Gene
 needtochill
Msg: 35 (view)

I am not cut out for dating!
Posted: 8/23/2006 7:16:12 PM
I'm starting to think that I'm not cut out for dating either. I seem to be the puzzle piece that doesn't fit with any of the other pieces of the puzzle. Just when you think you connected with someone ... you didn't. Maybe I should date the dancing banana (lol)
 needtochill
Msg: 72 (view)

Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 8/12/2006 3:58:14 PM
does it have to be just one thing...lol

for me it's part circumstance--work is a crazy thing
part trust--if your going to lie and cheat don't be stupid enough to get caught
part fear--what if things are going well with someone (then what)
 needtochill
Msg: 28 (view)

Do men prefer tall or short women.
Posted: 8/5/2006 4:27:32 PM
lol...I'm 4'11" so I don't have much choice (I dated a guy that was 6'2" ... it was great for getting things out of the cupboards...lol)
 needtochill
Msg: 31 (view)

The ability to correct spelling in other's profiles!
Posted: 7/31/2006 6:06:45 PM
In response to Leeanne's first post....heck ya the school system has failed. I don't know what it is like now but, I used to do some work for the Junior Kindergarten programs four years ago. At that time we were not allowed to help the children spell and they had to spell the words as they heard them. ex. the letters--apl--thats how you spell apple when your 4 yrs. old. I feel sorry for the future generations if they can't spell. Does profile spelling bother me? heck ya (nobody's perfect but at least know the difference between there, their and they're)
 needtochill
Msg: 86 (view)

Big Brother All Stars
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:47:45 PM
i wouldn't be sad to see Boogie go (he drives me crazy!)--and the comment about the pepto bismal room (gotta love Marcellas)
 needtochill
Msg: 306 (view)

POF PARTY BELLEVILLE ONTARIO JUNE 24TH
Posted: 6/24/2006 9:47:06 AM
i just need to have a drink now to relax!!...lol it's gonna be a great night out
 needtochill
Msg: 303 (view)

POF PARTY BELLEVILLE ONTARIO JUNE 24TH
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:04:46 AM
okay so i'm going solo...don't know anyone...and its been along time since i've been to MJ's (dunno if I can party like I used too)...lol

Show ALL Forums