Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dr Phil's test....
 d6racer
Msg: 50 (view)

Dr Phil's test....
Posted: 1/13/2010 9:33:18 PM
36, but I also think that is common Scorpio traits.
 d6racer
Msg: 10 (view)

Whats the best excuse u have come up with to get out of a ticket?
Posted: 1/13/2010 9:25:42 PM
I find showing respect and acknowledging the fact that you screwed up usually works.

Some helpful hints

1) Always pull over to some place safe for both you and the officer. If you are pulling any type of distance slow down and signal what you are trying to do.

2) Turn the vehicle off, turn the dome light on if it is night, and put your hands on the top of the steering wheel. Do not dig around for things like insurance or your wallet.

3) Don't act pissed of like the officer is ruining your day. You need to actually be aware that it was you that got yourself in the situation that you are in and that officer is just a working stiff doing his/her job.

4) Don't lie. Any cop that has work traffic for a week has probably already heard every BS excuse in the book.

5) Most importantly be polite without kissing butt. People hate butt kissers as much as they hate rude people.

Been pulled over 3 times in the last year and 0 tickets.
1) by a state trooper. I was on the the bike for no tag and I was going a little fast.
2) by a Sheriff in a small town doing 15-20 mph hour in my truck
3) By a city cop on my bike goofing around (thankfully he missed the 100+ mph superman or I don't think I would have walked lol).

I have found that usually the first question the ask is "How are you doing tonight/today/this evening/etc" and the best response is a light hearted "Better if I didn't get myself in this situation". Saying this in that manner is the best way to lighten the situation, acknowledge that you know you are the one solely responsible for your actions and that you aware of them. It also lets them know you are human and humble and not mad at them for doing their job.

BTW, top speeding ticket was for 120 in a 55. Yeah, I got the ticket but rode the bike home that night where I should have gone to jail and the bike impounded. Later the ticket was bumped WAY down.

Also, being in my mid 30's vs mid 20's doesn't hurt.
 d6racer
Msg: 26 (view)

In your early 30's do you find yourself being picky about looks?
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:50:55 PM
I agree, looks are important.
The only people who think that is shallow are those who are not pleased with their own looks. Kind of like broke people believing money is the root of all evil. LOL
I know that is harsh, but sometimes the truth hurts.

I wasn't at one point happy with my weight so I did something about it.
I don't set my standards too high, but I do expect somebody to live up to the same standards I try and live my life by. I don't ask anything of a mate that I would not do myself. Asking somebody to lower those standards is no different then asking a religious person to stop looking for somebody who shares the same or similar beliefs.

For those who say they would rather have a good sense of humor, personality, etc, that is all good but their has to be an initial attraction first before you get to that point were personality clicks. Sure, you may eventually get bored with the looks when you find out they have no personality, but when was the last time you went out and met somebodies personality first.

Physical attractions always come first and later you you decide if you are emotionally compatible.
 d6racer
Msg: 32 (view)

Any other ladies over 30 never been married or engaged
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:32:50 PM
I don't think it has much to do with anyone here doing anything wrong.
Maybe it is just the opposite and those who are in their 30's did everything right.
After all, we have not been married 1 or more times to the wrong person(s) and are now single.

Myself, it was a combination of things from always choosing the wrong person to be with or just choosing to live for the moment.

Now, I am at the point where all my wild oats have been sewn. Maybe it is too late, maybe not but I am not going to settle for somebody that I feel a spark. If that causes me to remain single then so be it, but at least I have not had to have gone through divorce.
 d6racer
Msg: 202 (view)

People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 1/3/2010 12:51:51 PM
<--- Over 30, never married, and no children.

Do I have any character flaws?

Sure, everyone does.

However, I don't think that means anything is wrong with me, other then just picking the wrong the women or maybe not opening my eyes when the right one is in front of me.

Show ALL Forums