Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The just be yourself advice
 kinski02
Msg: 5 (view)

The just be yourself advice
Posted: 4/5/2009 2:04:09 PM
yeah good question. I have been wondering about the same thing in the past.
When I was using "dating how to advice" I attracted the wrong girls sometimes.
Cause I was acting.
I guess the challenge is to be really 100% yourself. really there in the moment. having fun.
to not want approval. thats where the "cocky funny" stuff is going in the right direction.
so as a mindset it can be useful.. (it's got the word fun in it)

A lot of guys seem to think that being yourself is being needy and nervous though..
gotta be equal status at least.
 kinski02
Msg: 8 (view)

You don't choose who you fall in love with. True?
Posted: 4/5/2009 1:43:25 PM
it's as true as true can be! it's attraction....and then that deeper connection. It happens.
although... now you bring it up...all depends on how conscious you are as a person I guess.
but...the term "fall in love' in its common use doesn't exactly create an image of choice right?
 kinski02
Msg: 116 (view)

Honesty - does it really matter?
Posted: 4/5/2009 1:36:46 PM
I think it's huge. you can hear it in people's voices whether they are honest or not. so I can always tell when I meet someone who isn't honest in some areas of their life.

Show ALL Forums