Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: To many drinks?
 loocom20
Msg: 8 (view)

To many drinks?
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:47:53 AM
You would have slept with him, but you didn't want to call him again.........???? Interesting.
 loocom20
Msg: 6 (view)

To many drinks?
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:24:25 AM
Yeah, but remember...you did it, and you have to stand by your actions!!! That is the key. Accept that you were drunk b/c he knows you were drunk. Dont make excuses and blame it on the drinking; and for god-sake, dont apologize up and down the wazoo for something you did as a grown ass woman. What he thinks about it is up to him, you know him better than I do obviously. Simply inform him that you had fun and got a bit drunk. Maybe say something like..."wow, I got a lil tipsy, usually I save that for the girls"... make sense? Now he's thinking-- "ok, she had fun having some drinks with me, it was fun for her to be with me, she's comfortable with it, and she isnt on my jock trying to make herself look better too me."... much better than-- "yeah, she got really drunk and acted the fool in front of me, now she's apologizing; I barley know her, whats this going to be like.." --- OH, one more thing.. Did you sleep with him?
 loocom20
Msg: 3 (view)

To many drinks?
Posted: 4/18/2006 9:09:13 AM
I think you should at least bring it up... I wouldn't apologize right away b/c if you do you may come off as being desperate/needy. I went out with a girl on the night of the college national championship basketball game and she got, well, completely hammered. I thought it was a little annoying, but I had a few myself so I was rolling with it. We ended up back at her place later eating burritos and b.s.ing a little bit. That's when I started to realize the extent of her annoyance. Thinking about sleeping with a buffoon turned me off, so I made up my mind that I was leaving and proceeded to start to excuse myself. She blocked the door by standing in front of it, and made countless attempts to coax me back. I was persistent and finally left. She text messaged me the next day and said she was sorry for being retarded the night before. She also called to apologize at some point during the day as well. I knew she was drunk, I knew she was acting retarded...I was comfortable with that (been there before). But when she called me, she came off as totally vulnerable and desperate. That was the last straw; cut-bait, and on to other things. Just my two cents on the matter...
 loocom20
Msg: 11 (view)

why do nice guys finish last?
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:50:37 PM
OK.....let me present a brief disclaimer.... This is an excerpt from a very talented writer Tucker Max who has a ton of experience in the area, but some of you may have, well, less than a great deal of respect for. He isn't writing about falling in love, or even being emotionally attached to someone, but when I started reading this thread I thought about these couple of paragraphs. It more or less defines in great detail the DIFFERENCE between "good" guys (who finish last) and the "bad" guys who everyone here is saying finish first. He is also talking about getting girls into bed, not falling in love. I've seen what he's talking about, but I think it will be interesting to see what you ladies/guys have too say. Remember, he is presuming what nice guys are doing, and this is his answer.

"Here is the dynamic: Desire is read subconsciously as a sign of weakness and desperation, and women are not going to immediately bed a weak or desperate guy. They may cede after he puts in work and commits resources, but not before then. Women are almost always most strongly attracted to power, and powerful men do not show desire because they already have what they want. And god forbid if you show desperation. You might as well staple rotting pork to your nut-sack, because you aren't getting anyone but starving rabid wolves in touch your privates.

Look at it from the woman's perspective--If she is even mildly attractive, she gets hit on all the time. She often has her pick of who to ****. The guy she is going to like, the guy who will stand out, is NOT the one that fawn over her, simply because all guys do that; the one that she has to work a little bit for is the one that will stand out and the one she will want. Whether she realizes it or not, she is looking at the guy thinking something like this, "Why is he so unconcerned about ****ing me? He was nice to me and seemed to like me, but now he's not pressing at all. He must have lots of other things going for him to be so unconcerned about getting me. I can't immediately have him, so now I want him."

Ring any bells????
 loocom20
Msg: 30 (view)

Is true love a myth or reality??
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:26:38 PM
[I believe that such a person comes along once in a lifetime.
All of the elements of true love will not just happen to fall into place right away
Each element must be stress tested under everyday real world situations to see if both partners can maintain there love, trust and devotion to each other.]

I dont believe in the whole one person thing, but thats another thread entirely...
 loocom20
Msg: 2 (view)

What happened to honesty?
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:12:06 PM
Did you have someone lie to you?
 loocom20
Msg: 334 (view)

Who wants their profile rated?
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:36 PM
I want your opinion!!!
 loocom20
Msg: 15 (view)

Ooh - rate me.
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:00 PM
HAHA~! good point!
 loocom20
Msg: 141 (view)

loocom20 locomotive
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:05:27 PM
I like your profile! I think its complete, and tells the tail of who you are pretty well...Remember, you dont want to leave it all on the table. Let people feel like there is alot more too you that your not telling them..it makes you more interesting. As for your pictures, I think you should have more pics of yourself however...the elephants are fine, keep them, but put a couple more of yourself on there. You look great, show people whats up!! lol. Let me know what you think of mine! Your turn!
 loocom20
Msg: 2 (view)

Ok ladys let me have it.lol
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:56:30 PM
Nice Review!! Can you take a look at mine?
 loocom20
Msg: 137 (view)

Let me analyse your profile
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:05:57 PM
Hey! if your still checking this I'd like it if you took a look at mine! I'm checking yours right now, I'll let you know for sure!

Show ALL Forums