Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The CBC love it or hate it or do we need it?
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 90 (view)

The CBC love it or hate it or do we need it?
Posted: 10/23/2009 12:32:56 AM
1 I am not a city boy grew in Northern On and worked most of my life in the NWT. Only my job makes me live in the city.

2 The day the the that private broadcasters give a fly you know what about the rural areas I will say cut CBC loose.

3 While CBC national(radio and TV) can be left leaning it is nice to hear the otherside, I am Conserv. Also CBC radi regional, or the ones I have listened to don't take a party line they are pro area ie northwestern On
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 86 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2009 10:29:56 AM
Why is it that once people from the rural areas mention something like keeping the CbC or anything else that works for them the city folk say if you don't like the city's idea we should move out of the country sorry but Canada is a rural country so if you city folk don't like CBC to bad those of us in the rural area need CBC why should I buy a dish when I dont want to.

As for good Canadian made TV there is Flashpoint, which doesn't even try to cover the fact it is Toronto and is doing well internationally, The border is another good show, for kids or those of us who grew up with the series DeGrassi
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 10/2/2009 6:04:27 AM
Have grown up in northern ON and worked in a lot of remote locations I can say that there is a need for CBC TV and radio. I grew up in Kenora ON and even though we are only 2 hrs from Winnipeg and winnipegers had camps in our area it was only CBC that covered any news from our area be it a murder, plane crash etc. The private broadcasters are only concered about their city not rural areas. Also as a long haul truck driver CBC on Sirius is the only way for me to get any Canadian programing
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 5 (view)

Friday Sept 18 - BAJA BEACH CLUB - The Forks
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:19 AM
Will not make Baja have Cadets at that time maybe will see everyone over at the Norwood later on in the evening
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 2 (view)

Friday July 31 - Finn's Pub - The Forks Johnston Terminal
Posted: 7/28/2009 10:55:26 PM
Wish I could be there but am heading out to Kenora to do security at Harbourfest.Hope everyone has fun
 tmbrwlf
Msg: 432 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:45:08 AM
Hi there 43 yr old long haul truck driver back in the dating game hope to hit some of the events this year

Show ALL Forums