Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: UNHEALTHY
 fishnomore
Msg: 29 (view)

UNHEALTHY
Posted: 8/19/2007 6:50:15 PM
why do you feel the need to help someone who really doesn't want to be helped. Sometimes when we travel through life and meet someone we care about they are not ready to go up the mountain with us. One cannot continue to move forward and try to drag someone else with them. One ends up losing themselves. Read your letter from a nutral 3rd party perspective and you will see a women who #1 does not care enough about herself to be in the relationship and someone who (you) has a dream of a relationship with someone not willing to put in the effort. Why does she feel she doesn't deserve to be cared about? This work she must do herself. Why do you feel the need to rescue her.. ? How can you feel loved by someone who is blaming you for everything. Until she loves herself... no amount of reasurance from any man is going to be enough. You are in a meantime relationship and are there to heal and learn something about yourself, figure out what that is work on it and move on.
Sometimes there is a bigger plan ahead for us then even we can dream up.
Good luck when you are asking the tuff questions you are halfway to figuring them out.
 fishnomore
Msg: 115 (view)

I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?
Posted: 8/14/2007 3:13:25 PM
I can't rate how pretty you are ... i don't know I've never met you. The really important think is what you believe about you... you need to believe that you are a good person and worthy of being cared about by someone. In order to do that you need to care about yourself first. Not easy and not feeling worthy comes with the territory of being raped. You need to get counselling and support from a rape crisis centre where people understand and care and where others have had the same feelings as you. You are not alone in you thoughts. There are many things that happen when one is raped and feeling badly and worthless because of being raped in one of them. I am not 17 but rape has affected my life and believe me when I say making that phone call to the crisis centre for counselling can give you back some of your self-esteem.
It took me a long time to do so but it has given me hope and I am learning to like me. I just wanted you to know someone cares, and wants you to care about you too. I am old enough to be your mother, god scarey I just figured it out on paper I could be your grandmother .... so please do not waster you young years feeling unworthy, you are and there are people waiting to help you learn how make the call to a rape crisis centre near you. It doesn't matter that time has past the wounds are still there and they can help.
Take care
fishnomore

Show ALL Forums