Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Kitchener & Area Coffee & Dance, Friday March 5th 2010
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 8 (view)

Kitchener & Area Coffee & Dance, Friday March 5th 2010
Posted: 3/5/2010 2:27:02 PM
Just a couple more hours and I will see you for coffee. Come on out and join us. It will be a fun evening of socializing and dancing!! C'ya later...
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2010 5:16:47 PM
Two more sleeps!! Looks like the weather will be good, so plan on coming out and joining us for some fun!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2010 4:12:16 PM
I agree cb... We've all been pre-occupied with the Olympics and now it is time kick up our heels and get back to living our lives!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2010 3:51:14 PM
We're starting to get a few more people signing up but the women are out numbering the men 2:1... come on guys!! the challenge is on.

Just 4 more sleeps, so think about it and sign-up.
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2010 6:09:26 PM
middle aged lady is right!! Don't let the numbers that have signed up so far fool you... Many people do wait until closer to the event to sign-up and others who've been out before just show up. The parking lot is normally full before 9:00 pm and the dance floor is packed for most of the night.

If you're thinking of coming, I encourage you to sign-up... It gives everyone a sense of who and who many people will be there.

If you're feeling a bit shy, then bring some friends along. You don't have to be a POF member to attend. You've got nothing to lose, except having fun if you don't come!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 2/22/2010 2:47:00 PM
Ibelle, the dance goes until 1:00 am.

Sweetone, we always have a good turnout. The dance floor is full for most of the evening. We normally have around 60 people sign up but there are many more who show up.

If you're new and shy, make sure you come out to Tim's for coffee first. It's much easier to meet a few people over coffee first.

See you on the 5th!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 1 (view)

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & Dance, Friday March 5th 2010
Posted: 2/20/2010 11:19:31 AM
From Me to You – The Beatles: released March 5th 1962

If there’s anything that you want,
If there’s anything I can do,
Just call on me and I’ll send it along
With love from me to you.

I’ve got everything that you want
Like a heart that is oh, so true.
Just call on me and I’ll send it along
With love from me to you.

Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday March 5th. We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:15 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The dance starts at 8:30, so we will head across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

For new people, the coffee meet and greet is a great way to put names to a few faces before the dance. If you've been out before, then here's your opportunity to help welcome the newbies.

If you haven’t been out to a PlentyOfFish event before, then make this your first. Be sure to introduce yourself and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.

If you're between the ages of 19 and 99, what are you waiting for?? Dress up or come casual, bring a friend or come alone!! Hit that sign up button and join us for an evening of fun. If you have any questions, just message either of your hosts…

Please bring along a name tag to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative…

browneyessmiling
Msg: 15 (view)

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & Dance, Friday Feb 12th 2010
Posted: 2/12/2010 2:44:59 PM
It's almost time!! See some of you at Timmies and everyone at the dance. I'll be one of the amigos with a hat... Happy Valentines!!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2010 5:46:49 PM
Friday is almost here... and it doesn't look like we're in for any snow storms!! Good weather means good driving... so plan on coming out to the dance. No excuses.

Don't forget that many people don't sign up, so we will fill the hall as always.

See you on Friday night. If you're new (or not so new), come out to Tim's first for a coffee and some socializing. Hugs are free!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 2/8/2010 4:08:37 PM
We're getting close to Friday!! Hope you've made plans to come out and your dancing shoes are ready. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 2/4/2010 5:23:24 PM
Last months dance was the first ever at the Italian Club and we had a great turnout. I passed on some suggestions and I hear they will be making improvements for the Feb 27th dance. Watch for a posting to come out from CaveManHairPlay, SazzyAngel and NanaJo.

This dance is back at Trinity Hall. Hope to see all the regulars there and everyone coming out for the first time... Do something special to celebrate Valentines Day!! Wear red or make your name tag a big red heart!! See you on the 12th!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 2/3/2010 4:00:49 AM
Have fun dancing in the Carribean CB!!

There will be a bar shoggity!!

9 more sleeps peeps!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 2/1/2010 3:05:22 PM
Sorry Ken but I believe things got shifted a bit over Christmas when we didn't have a dance. Guess you will have to come out earlier rather than later!! See you on the 12th.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 1/31/2010 8:49:41 AM
Hi Goalie.... there are some younger people that come out but the majority of people are 30's, 40's and 50's. All ages are welcomed though.
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2010 3:36:13 PM
The more the merrier!! Friends are always welcome and they don't need to be POF members...
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 1/28/2010 5:26:30 PM
My Valentine – Martina McBride

And even if the sun refuse to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart
Until the end of time
Cuz all I need
Is you, my valentine

You're all I need
My love, my valentine

It’s almost Valentines Day! Wear something red or white and let’s go dancing!!

Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday February 12th. We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:15 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The dance starts at 8:30, so we will head across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

For new people, the coffee meet and greet is a great way to put names to a few faces before the dance. If you've been out before, then here's your opportunity to help welcome the newbies.

If you haven’t been out to a PlentyOfFish event before, then make this your first. Be sure to introduce yourself and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.

If you're between the ages of 19 and 99, what are you waiting for?? Dress up or come casual, bring a friend or come alone!! Hit that sign up button and join us for an evening of fun. If you have any questions, just message one of your hosts…

Please print out the name tag provided in the link below to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Actually, any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative… How about a great big Red Heart!!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/partyimages/wqwy5m551g_109517.jpg

browneyessmiling
Msg: 20 (view)

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Jan 1st, 2010
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:01:47 PM
Happy New Year to you too!! Almost time to head out for coffee. See you all soon!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2010 1:13:13 PM
Those directions sound about right to me!! Safe driving everyone!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2009 7:35:58 AM
Happy New Year everyone!!! Have fun bringing in the New Year tonight and I'll see you at the dance tomorrow night!! So far we have 72 people signed up!! We're going to have fun!! Don't forget your hats and noisemakers.. we're going to bring in the New Year all over again.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/30/2009 8:50:50 AM
Hope it means something better has come your way LoveAnn. Happy New Year.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/29/2009 8:00:48 PM
I have no doubt that you will have several names on your dance card before the night is through!! Just make sure your name tag is on straight this time....
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2009 10:22:48 AM
2 more sleeps until New Years Eve and 3 more sleeps until the dance!! Looking forward to Friday night... looks like we are going to have a great turnout!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/25/2009 9:41:42 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends...

Look forward to seeing you in the New Year!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/21/2009 3:02:38 PM
Hi Fiveforme... This dance is on the Friday night, not on New Years eve... We are still going to have a midnight countdown to bring in the New Year a second time. We did this last year too, although the dance was on January 2nd, so there was a day in between to recuperate. Hope you can make it.

Looks like we're going to have a good turn out!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/20/2009 6:04:15 PM
Megty... Hope to see you at the dance and you can expect to meet some nice people and have fun.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/19/2009 6:38:07 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! Hope the weather holds out for the holiday season. Merry Christmas to you all and see you on January 1st!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/14/2009 3:48:51 PM
Hi Judan, the first time will be the hardest but you'll be glad you did. Commit to coming out to the coffee at Tim's and meet a few people first. It will be much easier to walk into the dance, when you know you will recognize some faces.

See you on January 1st.
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2009 5:03:39 PM
Can someone help SoftKitnz with bus information??

Supersonic, please cut and paste the link in the post above to print a name tag. Any name tag will do, so you can also be creative and make one.

We always bring a long a few for those who forget.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/12/2009 8:33:56 PM

Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne

For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne
We'll tak a cup o' kindess yet
For auld lang syne

It’s time to celebrate the New Year and welcome in 2010. What better way than to meet with friends, old and new!! Our first dance in 2010 will be on Friday January 1st and we’re going to make it a New Years dance, so save your hats and noise makers.

Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday January 1st. We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:15 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will head across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

If you're between the ages of 19 and 99, what are you waiting for?? Dress up or come casual, bring a friend or come alone!! Hit that sign up button and join us for an evening of fun. If you have any questions, just message one of your hosts…

Please print out the name tag provided in the link below to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Actually, any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative… See you there!!

browneyessmiling

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Dec 4th, 2009
Posted: 12/3/2009 3:11:09 PM
We have 60 people signed up, which is fantastic.. There's still time and room for more, so if you haven't made the decision to come, please do.

One more sleep peeps!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 12/2/2009 5:13:10 PM
Well our next dance will be on January 1st, right after New Years eve!! Maybe partying 2 nights in a row isn't soooo bad!! We all have our limits but then there are exceptions!!

Hope to see you out again soon!!
 browneyessmiling
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 4:02:40 PM
Sorry you can't make Linny... maybe next time!!

So far it looks like we are going to have a great turnout!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/29/2009 8:21:10 AM
We'll do our best to watch for you but you'll have to give us some indication you're there!!

See you on Friday!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/28/2009 6:54:56 AM
Hi Skycatcher-one... my advise to anyone who is hesitant is to make the commitment to come out for the coffee at Tim Hortons. There are always new people there and it's much easier to find us. We will be at tables between the two doors and Ms Dreams usually has a few POF signs on the tables.

You will meet a few people and have an opportunity to chat. From there you can decide if you want to continue on to the dance, knowing you've already know a few names and faces.

So, decide to make it for coffee with the possibility of going to the dance. When you get there please look for either myself or Ms Dreams and introduce yourself. We've all been where you are and the first meeting is the hardest. It will only get easier!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/27/2009 4:37:12 PM
Hi Pajw!! by all means bring friends along. The more the merrier!!

I forgot about the Christmas icons!! It's time to start using them again!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/26/2009 5:38:48 PM
Hi CoolWhisper... We'll be in the corner between the two doors, by all the windows. Look for tables with some POF signs on them or look for Ms Dreams or myself. If you have a confused look on your face, we'll figure it out and come get you... either way, we'll make sure you are introduced to the group.

Twotrue, I believe the reference to the $10 charge was that if charging more meant we could offer more at the dance, to go for it. Since we aren't the ones incurring the expenses and setting the cover charge, it's not an option.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/26/2009 3:08:00 PM
Thanks for your response jj... The $5 cover charge is collected by Trinity Hall to cover their expenses. We have nothing to do with that.

To hotdogbun: The invitation goes out to all age groups so the best thing you can do is sign-up and encourage others in your age group to come out. That's what the sign-up process is for; to give others an idea of who is coming.

This dance is well attended and we do get all ages. The majority of people are in their 30's, 40's and 50's but everyone is welcome. We do our best....

To quote Bill Cosby: I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/24/2009 6:04:44 PM

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
I won't ask for much this Christmas
I don't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeers click
Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you

Christmas is just around the corner and December 4th will be the last POF dance for 2009. It’s time to get out and meet some great people before the New Year arrives?? Our first dance in 2010 will be on Friday January 1st and we’re going to make it a New Years dance, so save your hats and noise makers.

Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday December 4th. We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:15 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will head across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

Please print out the name tag provided in the link below to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Actually, any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative… See you there!!

browneyessmiling
Msg: 16 (view)

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Nov 13th, 2009
Posted: 11/13/2009 3:57:45 PM
Thanks Tazzzzzz!! See ya at Timmies and later at the dance!! time to goooooooooooo....
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/13/2009 4:15:52 AM
Well everyone!! tonight is the night.. Looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing familiar faces. Let's get out there and dance!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/11/2009 1:42:01 PM
I have talked to Trinity and they have agreed to talk to their DJ's and ask them to be more accommodating to requests. As for what music should be played, the best answer I can give is it needs to be a bit of everything and whatever fills the dance floor.

The crowd mix can vary from dance to dance, so there is no one right kind of music. After all, the reason we all come out is to socialize, dance and have fun. Just two more sleeps until Friday. See you all there and let's have a great evening!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/9/2009 4:16:07 AM
To Purrfect and Debbie, I'm glad that you are enjoying the dances, music and all. After all, the aim is to have fun and socialize.

Ken, hope you do make it out and that we can help put the weeks worries out of mind for a few hours.

Just four more sleeps peeps!! Looking forward to Friday!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:44 PM
JackieO, I will pass on the information to Trinity Hall. Thanks for the input.

Kathleen, glad to hear you are coming on the 13th. Please introduce yourself when you arrive and we'll introduce you to as many other POFer's as we can. There will be a test at the end of the evening!! Just kidding!!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/3/2009 4:35:37 PM
Well Jeddor, I am 50ish and I did grow up with music from the 60's and 70's and I love the 50's. I also like most of the newer stuff. I can tell you right now we'll never please everyone so maybe the key is to have more variety and ask that the DJ should be more receptive to requests.

Regardless, the dance floor is full for most of the night. Thank you for letting me know that you like the dances when POF is there. It means a lot!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/3/2009 1:44:26 PM
Hi Jackie, I don't hire the DJ's, Trinity Hall looks after that. I can certainly take feedback to Trinity Hall. I wasn't aware that requests were not being honoured, so I will make sure that Trinity is aware of that.

For those who have come out to the dance or are planning on coming out for the first time, please let me know what kind of songs you want to hear. I'll put together a list and approach the organizers to pass on to the DJ.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 11/2/2009 5:14:01 PM

Lee Ann Womack: I Hope You Dance

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance.... I hope you dance.

Halloween is over and the days are getting colder, so what are you going to do for some fun??.... Looking for a way to get out, meet some great people?? Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday November 13th; hope you’re not superstitious!! We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:30 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will then move across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

browneyessmiling

Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Oct 23rd, 2009
Posted: 10/23/2009 2:40:58 PM
Sorry you can't make it Ken, but things will sort themselves out.

Not Looking, the dress code is anything from jeans to dress-up. Whatever you feel most comfortable in. Bringing someone else is not required but meeting new people and having fun is recommended.

Just a couple more hours till coffee at Tim's!! See you there or at the dance later!!
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 10/21/2009 4:20:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Always Laughing... You know where we'll be if you change your mind.

Just two more sleeps till the dance. See you there.....
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 10/17/2009 7:50:27 PM
Hi Melloone!! the address is in the event information above, but here is it:

We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:30 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street.

The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will then move across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.
 browneyessmiling

Posted: 10/14/2009 3:13:39 PM
Sorry Ken but you weren't the first man to sign-up!! However you guys are still out numbered!! See you on the 23rd!!

Show ALL Forums