Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Need help adding to my dinner menu
 diana411
Msg: 13 (view)

Need help adding to my dinner menu
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:29:42 PM
how bout 12 min fish , go to seafood dept pick up any thick white fish, then ask for seafood stuffing they usually have it right there with the fish, then go to deli get sliced mozzarella , and buy a beautiful large tomatoe, when you get home put fish in a microwavable dish ,microwave for a couple min drain out excess water, then put stuffing on top slice tomatoe layer it on the stuffing and completly cover with the mozzarella put it back in micro or a few min at a time and cook just till fish flaiks yummy this can also be backed for a crispy top but your fish isnt as tender up to you
 diana411
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2013 4:22:50 PM
how bout carbonara also delish, fry one pound bacon ,then add one onion 2 cloves garlic one package frozen peas or brocalli if you like while ingredients are frying boil water add linguine to water when pasta is done drain put it back in the pot add 2 beaten eggs and 1 cup of parmesan cheese stir madly for a min then add other ingredients to the pot and serve yummy quick cheap and easy
 diana411
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2013 4:17:57 PM
how about american chop suey, its awesome nutritios kids love it its cheap and you can make it in one pot, start with 1 pound of hamberger lean, chop a large onion, 2 or three stalks of celery, 3 bell peppers chopped,brown burger and onions,add celery and peppers i like 3 cloves of garlic too , add one jar of tomatoe sauce tuttorosso is the best barilla next best, boil elbow macaroni sepparetly add to mix cook about 5 more min yummy
 diana411
Msg: 2 (view)

Looking for Ideas
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:12:06 PM
quick slaw, i buy ready sliced mix ,i add 3/4 cup mayo 1/2 tsp salt, let it sit in fridge for one hour drain all excess fluid then add more mayo to taste i like an additional 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 2 tsp sugar,salt and pepper and fresh dill to taste
 diana411

Super Awesome Pulled Pork Recipe
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:06:10 PM
pulled pork, 1 lg pork shoulder butt portion, polk holes throughout, insert slivers of garlic into holes,sprinkle with a little adobo,(find it in the spanish section of your supermarket, garlic powder onion powder poultry seasoning brown on all sides , pour in 1 cup of orange juice 1 tblespoon of lime heat in oven on high 20 min then lower heat to 325 and cook covered for 2 hours remove covering cook for 1 more hour its fabulous
 diana411
Msg: 144 (view)

Does their sun sign affect your interest level?
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:27:22 PM
i couldnt have said it better myself
 diana411
Msg: 143 (view)

Does their sun sign affect your interest level?
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:26:07 PM
oh yes it does im an aries so if i see virgo aquarius or libra i click them off cause virgos are to finicky and critical for me aquarius cant offer the same depth of love although they try to cover it with great sex which isnt the worst thing ,and libra men are too cheap well at least with other people they only get the very best for themselves although they can be very social and make decent friends
 diana411
Msg: 3 (view)

Cooking
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:19:38 PM
this is mine take a nice big bunch of very thin asparagus ,in a panbeat 4 eggs,in another pan put 2 cups bread crumbs ,one cup grated cheese,salt pepper ,i use seasoned bread crumbs but you can add parsley and herbs if you like , with rubber gloves i dip all the asparagus in the egg roll it around a second the dip the bunch in the bread crumbs then back in the egg then back in the crumbs again then in a fry pan with about 1/2 cup of hot olive oil i put all in the pan including left over egg and crumb and cover fry on one side dont touch it till its golden on one side then turn it over and do the other side put the cover on leave for a couple min turn off heat let it stay in pan till you serve it sooooo gooood
 diana411
Msg: 36 (view)

Eggs, Any special recipe's ?
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:10:04 PM
ok here it is this is called sicilian peasant breakfastin a fry pan add 1/4 cup olive oil fry 2 potatoes that have been diced when golden add 1 minced onion 3cloves minced garlic 1 pkg frozen peas cook till peas are tender then drop eggs on top add salt and pepper and cover cook a min or so until the eggs are just whitened over take off heat serve with buttered italian bread
 diana411
Msg: 18 (view)

White Sauce for Pasta???
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:03:34 PM
here is another beat 3 eggs in a bowl add salt pepper 3 tlspoons or cream and one cup of grated cheese drain pasta put it back in the pan add the mixture in and stir rapidly it makes a quick easy sauce if you want to make the pasta really special fry a minced onion a 1/2 pound of bacon and a pkg of frozen peas together with a couple cloves fresh minced garlic and throw it on top out of this world
 diana411
Msg: 16 (view)

White Sauce for Pasta???
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:59:24 PM
here it is melt one stick of butter in a sauce pan add 1 tblsp of flour stir a few seconds add 2 cups of light cream and one cup of grated cheese and cook about one min add salt and pepper thats it
 diana411
Msg: 34 (view)

Quick/easy salad dressings
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:53:36 PM
this is great 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice one bunch fresh mint chopped salt, pepper,olive oil,a little rosemary or oregano shake and pour its yummey
 diana411
Msg: 2 (view)

Father's Day Food...
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:51:11 PM
I hate roast lamb cause its gamey but I love grilled lamb heres my recipe its terrific one boneless leg of lamb lay it flat marinate it with this, put 1/2 cup olive oil in food processer add one tsp of each of these pepper,garlic powder,onion powder rosemary,oregano,meat tenderizer,adobo(in the spanish section of the supermarket for about 1.00).then add 1/4 cup joe and nellies key lime juice unless you happen to have fresh key limes which is even better if you dont have either dont use regular limes just omit it or use a little oj,and 5 cloves of fresh garlic pulse the processer a few times and rub all over meat put in the fridge over night then grill flat till its nicely brown take off the grill at med rare cause it continues to cook after you take it off wait ten min to cut it then slice it thin (i use an electric knife but you can just use a regular one if you like) just like a london broil this is an outstanding way to make lamb i have relatives who will not eat lamb but will eat it made this way
 diana411

Fried Salmon?
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:39:32 PM
im really a very good cook but not a great typist and my grammer isnt the best either i think faster than i can type sorry
 diana411

Fried Salmon?
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:37:15 PM
fry salmon with the skin this is how put small amout of olive oil in a fry pan heat ill ist hottt then lay salmon skin side down in pan add herbs you like on top when the skin is crispy cover an lower heat cook a few more min to cook the top its great just like that but sometimes i fry a feww cloves of garlick in olive oil salt and pepper till golden add a bag of washed spinich in a separate pan and top the salmon with it before i put the cover on it the i make a little holandaze using the mcormick pacaked one and put some on the top of the whole deal for something really special
 diana411
Msg: 54 (view)

The price of the spice?
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:25:02 PM
saffron by far i use it in risotto
 diana411
Msg: 32 (view)

Fish Recipes anyone?
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:23:53 PM
ok here goes this is the best fish recipe it takes 12 min tops now before i tell you i dont want you to get turned off that its a micro recipe cause this is really the best way to make it ,buy a piece of white fish make sure it is thick a least an inch not sole or tilapia more like haddock or cod lay it in a pyrex dish get some seafood stuffing at the seafood counter you can make your own but the stuffing at the one at the seafood counter is really very good i know cause ive killed myself with the ritz and the clams and butter and its about the same without the work, cook the fish without anything on it for about 2-3 min take it out drain off all the water (i hate watery fish!) then put the seafood stuffing on the fish enough to cover the top with about an inch all around then thinly slice a tomatoe and cover the stuffing then place sliced mozzarells all over the top and cover it all put it back in the micro for 5 min check to see if fish turned white and flakes if not put it back in and check a min at a time the first time you make it so you know how long it takes in your own micro check it every one min so you dont overcook it and remember it will still cook a little from the heat when you take it out so take that into consideration when looking at it this meal takes 2 min to prepare and not over 12 min to cook and its awesome (this dish can also be baked at 350 for about 20 min if your a real stickler about micros
 diana411

4th of July, 2009 - what will you be serving?
Posted: 7/13/2009 1:07:01 PM
grilling a marinated leg of lamb boneless i open the leg of lamb lay it flat then in a bowl i put 1/2 cup key lime juice 1sp each of pepper oregano garlic powder onion powder rosmary and one tblsp of adobo,1tsp unseasoned meat tenderizer the papian kind not the msg kind, and one half cup of oil i use olive but you dont have to then i put it in a bag and throw it in the fridge over night then i grill it flat on the grill till both sides are nicely charred but not burned and let it rest 10 min then slice it with my electric knife in thin slices like a london broil its yummey i make mine med rare when i take it off the grill cause it continues to cook till its med when you let it rest
 diana411
Msg: 25 (view)

Anyone here like raw foods?
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:51:06 PM
a dip for raw veggies one envelope hidden valley ranch salad dressing and one 16 oz container of plain yogurt is delish low fat low carb and tangy
 diana411
Msg: 9 (view)

Flavored Wing Sauces
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:46:10 PM
this is the best sauce for buffalo wings always deep fry your wings a few at a time for the best crispiest wings then make a sauce for them using sylvias mopping sauce (in the soul food section of your super market)one half bottle and bulls eye raging buffalo sauce(in the barbeque sauce section of your supermarket) a half bottle and one stick melted butter heat together for a few min and throw over the top they love these at party they dont fall apart when you try to eat them and they are even good the next day and no oven on in the summer great for super bowl sunday!
 diana411
Msg: 67 (view)

BBQ sauce suggestions.(homemade)
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:37:11 PM
i make this at the beginning of summer and freeze it in small containers 2 boxes brown sugar 2 cans of kitchen ready tomatoes one cup of apple cider vinegar one cup of soy sauce 1 tblsp fresh ginger 5 cloves fresh garlic minced , 2 tsp black pepper ,3 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp powdered garlic ,2 tsp unseasoned meat tenderizer,2 tsp liquid smoke 1/2 cup honey 1 tsp dry mustard bring to boil lower heat simmer about 10 min adding 1 tblespoon cornstarch disolved in water simmer till thickened a bit refridgerate
 diana411
Msg: 64 (view)

What's your favorite secret ingredient?
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:28:15 PM
also i think better than i spell and i cook better than i think so please excuse the grammer tks
 diana411
Msg: 63 (view)

What's your favorite secret ingredient?
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:26:45 PM
2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder in chilli,saffron in risotto,adobo on grilled meat along with a tsp of sugar for extra browning,key limes in fresh salsa instead of regular ones,peas in beef stew along with red wine one for richness one for sweetness, and my very best secret for buffallo wings is deep fry them a few at a time in hot oil and my very delicious sauce is sylvias mopping sauce and raging buffalo sauce bye bulls eye a half a bottle each and one stick of melted butter to die for try it just heat the together and throw them on top
 diana411
Msg: 90 (view)

Have any great Mexican Recipes to Share any n all ?
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:17:31 PM
salsa this is what i take to partys it serves at least 50 people and gets raves from every single one ! 8 large tomatoes diced put in an extra large bowl 4 large green peppers in food processer chop add to bowl with tom. one huge bunch celantro in processor next with 5 lg cloves of garlic pulse a few seconds add to bowl 2 large onions chopped and prosessed add to bowl squeeze about 10 key limes about 1 cup of juice or use key lime juice in bottle 2 cans pastene kichen ready tomatoe puree add to bowl 2 jalopino peppers choped remove seeds and if less heat is desired remove the membranes as well use gloves when you work with these 4 hass avocodos chopped large cause they break down a bit when you stir it season with 1tsp celery salt 1tsp pepper 1tsp garlic powder 1tsp onion powder 1tsp adobo powder you can use goya its in the spanish section for about 1.00 thats it stir and refridgerate at least 2 hours before you serve it stays good in fridge for at least 5 days if it lasts
 diana411
Msg: 6 (view)

Chocolate chip cookie secrets of the pros revealed
Posted: 7/13/2009 12:01:38 PM
if you want to make great cookies use great ingredients use real butter and good chocolate dont skimp
 diana411
Msg: 7 (view)

Do you risotto?
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:56:26 AM
arancini make one recipe 1 lb risotto acording to pkg directions using a cup less water than required the risotto should be thick when finished adding three or four buillions and a pinch of saffron while risotto is hot add 3 eggs stir after each one then add 1 cup of parm cheese (you can use this risotto just as a side dish if you dont want to make the balls at this point but these rice balls are worth the work and can be frozen up to 3 months) put in a bowl and cool over night 1 jar of tutto rosso 1lb hamburger i small pkg frozen peas ome minced onion 2 cloves garlic fry garlic meat and onion in fry pan add sauce if you have your own sauce you can use that add peas simmer about 10 min set aside let cool cut mozzerella cheese into one inch chunks about 1/2 lb set aside beat 3 eggs with 1 tbls milk and set aside then put 2 cups bread crumbs 1 cup grated cheese season the bread crumbs any way you like and set aside then when you are ready to make the rice balls make a ball of rice in your hands use rubber gloves its so much easier so roll a ball then use 2 fingers and mak a 1 and a half inch whole stuff the ball with the meat sauce mixture and one piece of cheese cloce the ball dip in egg then bread crumbs then set aside the balls when you have used all the rice heat oil in a deep pan and fry dont crowd them make sure oil or crisco is really hot fry till golden these can be used as a meal or as an apetizer depending on how big you make them
 diana411

High protein bars or muffins?
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:22:40 AM
one box of chex cerial 1 cup of chocolate chips 1 cup of oatmeal 1 cup of wheat germ ten caramels 1 cup raisins 2 cups coconut 1 cup of brown sugar 1 cup of honey 1 cup of sesame seeds mix in a large bowl all together add 2 sticks melted butter or margerine press in a baking pan and bake at 350 till just golden makes many bars and they can be frozen
 diana411
Msg: 28 (view)

Share your Poor Man's Breakfast dishes here
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:16:07 AM
hi real french toast one loaf of thick sliced left over bread beat 6 eggs in a bowl with 1 cup brown suger 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg 1/4 cup rum or burbon or 3 tblsp vanilla lay the thick slices of bread in a lasagna pan pour the eggs over the top then refridgerate over night in the morning fry in butter in your frying pan or top with butter and bake at 350 until golden whatever is left over can be frozen and used another time really delish
 diana411
Msg: 3 (view)

Lebanese Cooking
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:06:01 AM
hi easy baklava one pkg filo 2cups sugar 2tbls rose water 1 cup pistatios 3 sticks butter in a small saucepan put 2 cups sugar one cup water boil it then lower heat simmer till it gets syrupy add 2 tbls rose water to it and set aside in food processer add pistatious and one cup sugar and 2 tblsp rose water blend for a few seconds till it gets chunky sandy and put in a bowl melt butter skim off foam on top with a paper towel them lay down filo pick up 5 sheets at a time and put a couple of tblsp of pistatio mix in a lon row about an inch from edge and butter the rest of the top of the sheets with butter and roll into a sausage and place the roll in your pan continue till you have the bottom of your baking panbrownie size) covered then layer the rest of the sheets one at a time with the butter on top till you have no more sheets pour the rest of the butter on top then slice it diagonally into 2 inch lines the turn it the other way and slice it again till you get triangles and bake a t 350 till top is golden take it out of the oven and pour the hot syrup on top ans let it set a few min serve hot or cold takes me about 20 min to assemble once the ingredients are ready and everyone says i make the best baklava
 diana411
Msg: 74 (view)

ANYBODY HAVE ANY RECIPES OF MEALS DONE IN A FRYING PAN THAT DON'T TAKE LONG AND ARE EASY?
Posted: 7/13/2009 10:47:18 AM
hi if you like salmon this is for you in a large fry pan a small amount of oil get it very hot fry 3 cloves of garlis salt and peppers 1 package of washed spinich fry garlic till golden add spinich to pan fry just till it wilts remove from pan and set aside wash pan add a little oil and get it hot place salmon skin side down in pan and fry till bottom is brown put spinich on top cover and lower heat cook for another couple min then add hollandaze sauce made from the mrcormick package easy to make just make according to directions the pour on top i put some herbs on my salmon when its frying but you dont have too the salmon is crispy on the bottom and the spinich is delish you can add salt and pepper to taste
 diana411
Msg: 54 (view)

HELP! I need an easy Appetizer!
Posted: 7/13/2009 10:27:34 AM
hi this is easy and delicious only 4 ingredients pepperage farm puff pastry sheets 1 jar apricot jam 1 cup pecans i wheel of brie cheese lay 1 sheet of pastry down flat place brie in center put a half cup of jam on the brie and the pecans on top of the brie and lift the sides of pastry up around and seal by pinching together you can brush with egg if you want it shiny just bake at 350 till golden take about 5 min to put together and youll get so many complements
 diana411

Need a seafood recipe for scallops!!
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:11:22 AM
i agree very hot very little oil
 diana411

Posted: 6/10/2009 11:10:23 AM
in a cast iron pan heat till very hot brush lightly with oil brown on both sides then place on a bed of spinich which has been sauteed in garlic and olive oil salt and pepper cover with a touch of hollandaze
 diana411
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2009 11:07:12 AM
appetizer stuffing mushrooms , your local seafood counter has a delicious seafood stuffing put a scollop in the mushroom cap from which you have removed the stem mix the seafood stuffing with minced clams cover the scollop with a good dollop a d pack it then lay a piece of bacon across the top put each mushroom in a small muffin tin cup and back till bacon is golden yummey
 diana411
Msg: 35 (view)

Healthiest Oil to use for Cooking?
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:02:00 AM
canola safflower combo make your own
 diana411

herb and spice challenge!!
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:59:50 AM
I have a ceiling to floor spice cabinate filled to the brim with every blend spice herb and extract you can think of im a little excessive ya think lol
 diana411
Msg: 6 (view)

CHOCOLATE Romance, Love, and more CHOCLATE!!!!!
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:57:22 AM
hi try this to die for put 16 0z of good chocolate in bowl microwave i stick butter tiil melted add to bowl microwave 1 cup of heavy cream add to bowl stir all should be liquidy refridgerate till solid then put on rubber gloves and make 1 inch balls put on a cookie sheet refrigerate till solid them take 1 lb of chocolate a d melt in micro 1 min stir should be melted then dip clocolate balls in melted chocolate and regridgerate till solid and eat keep for a long time inside soft a d melt in your mouth good an d out side hard enough to handle so you can pick them up oh wooow
 diana411
Msg: 5 (view)

High protein salads
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:34:44 AM
hi if you like calamari try this,fresh onion and, garlic,black olives ,tomatoes,peperoncini cut up,then add some frozen calimari the kind that is already cleaned and cut up or fresh if its available,that has been dropped into boiling water for about three or four min. and drained add wine vineger and olive oil and refridgerate for about an hour very good low in cals and high in protien
 diana411
Msg: 8 (view)

Non-Alcoholic drinks
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:28:25 AM
make strong coffee and freeze in ice cube trays them blend with ice cream top with whipped cream and jimmeys
 diana411
Msg: 7 (view)

Non-Alcoholic drinks
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:26:19 AM
pinapple juise frozen in your ice cube tray also orange juice and blended strawberrys and mangos,all made into ice cubes then put one of each in a glass with club soda or ginger ale and cranberyy juice on top
 diana411
Msg: 26 (view)

Need marinade mix ideas
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:21:49 AM
dry lime,black pepper,adobo(in the spanish section),garlic powder,old bay,or celery salt, onion powder,smoke seasoning,great for grilling just about anything if you cant find the lime use lemon pepper,I also add about a teaspoon on suger to aid in browning
 diana411
Msg: 22 (view)

Favorite Vegetarian Recipe?
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:07:45 AM
Italian Caponata (like a chutney only better; cut up one large eggplant ,a couple of zuchini ,a summer squash ,onion, fresh garlic, bell peppers ,celery,mushrooms,capers,into about 1 1/2 inch pieces saute in olive oil one at a time put the in the same bowl as you finish sauteing them dont over cook just till tender when all is fried add one cup basmamic vinager and marinate over night add capers salt pepper and eat over toast,garlic bread,or crackers,delish
 diana411
Msg: 4 (view)

Vegetables, what do you do?
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:58:02 AM
hi chop tomatoes,onion fresh basil ,garlic,capers,salt pepper and olive oil set aside,lay out a whole french bread cut in half,cover the bread garlic butter,then top each piece with slices of mozzarella then the tomatoe mixture then top with more mozzarella and bake at 350 till golden feeds 4
 diana411
Msg: 15 (view)

What can you cook on a stick over a campfire?
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:49:00 AM
hi cut bonless lamb into 2 inch pieces marinate in fresh garlic ,pepper, adobo(in the spanish section of your super market),key lime juice ,oil,rosemary,and oregano,meat tenderizer, a hit every time even with people who wont eat lamb
 diana411
Msg: 35 (view)

Help with Chili ideas
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:43:34 AM
thats add not ass lol
 diana411
Msg: 34 (view)

Help with Chili ideas
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:41:45 AM
hi i always ass unsweetened chocolate adds a great flavor

Show ALL Forums