Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Going alione
 autogal
Msg: 1 (view)

Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 10:05:47 AM
I like to see plays and opera. Most of my friends do not so i go alone by myself. to me it does not look strange till yesterday when someone told me that it looks wierd for a woman to be by herself at theatre and opera
thought??/
 autogal

How do you define success for men and women
Posted: 11/19/2009 9:07:50 PM
I am a women and for me success is
1. happy family life
2. good husband
3 health
4 happiness
6 job satisfaction
7 steady job

if you see that i am on this site i only have (1) so does that make me a non sucess your thoughts
 autogal

how do you get promoted
Posted: 11/19/2009 1:18:02 PM
I feel one gets promoted not by hard work but if your boss likes you. if your boss likes you , you get promoted, if he does not well then you do not get promoted

all reviews i have found are subjective
any thoughts
 autogal

Difference between job and career
Posted: 11/19/2009 1:16:53 PM
What is the difference between a job and a career. For myself a career is where you are working at the same place for some time , get promoted and follow in the same path.
A Job is where you have a new boss each year and no promotion
any thoughts
 autogal

when you deal with a difficult boss
Posted: 11/14/2009 10:03:52 AM
I am an senior engineer working for a company . i joined one year ago and even though i have worked for almost 11 years this is a new company with new product
I get no help from any of the engineers, my boss told me yesterday that i was not up to speed and do not understand the issue and compares me with others who have been there doing the same for 20 years. More important he told me that i have been struggling since september , in september they hired a 21 year old while i am 37. I do my best and work long hours. in addition if i ask questions they tell me that i ask too many questions. More important he keeps on telling me that he has told me and even though I take careful notes he never tells me anything. or he makes up lies on what the feedback is from other co-workers . Constantly assigns me projects that are destined to make me fail. For example i struggled with a design that i was told was never in exitence , when i got it working was told oh by the way we have it in production for 2 years.
my thoughts are that as the company is busy doing layoffs i am being made a target please advise on how to handle the situation, should i go to HR and request a transfer to another department. is it me or is it the manager
thanks
 autogal

question when a male friend reads a profile
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:24:31 AM
I have been friends with a guy for a year. he is looking for someone and so am i, he has never asked me out as i do not fit what he is looking for. he is looking for slim to athletic and i am hardly that .anyway i took out a profile out on eharmony i do not understand when he found out he was not too happy, what is up with that.
I did not tell him i had taken it out , he just found it when he was probably entering his
anyway what gives
 autogal

what is with the phone number
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:42:52 AM
In days of cell phones , where you can change at a drop why not just call someone rather than wait for the email train back and forth. I have talked to some and decided that it was not worth pursuing and I am sure men have said that about me
anyway I do give my number out but then like i said some call and some do not or some call and leave message and then when you call they never return. it is just a call
 autogal

Women and jobs
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:38:36 PM
I am a size 16 so you can classify me as BBW or whatever that is not the point. I also have a professional degree and am very competent in everything except in finding a good man . No i am not snooty or stuck up
The only line i will draw is that the man I go out with has to be successful and have a stable career. Yes I have tried dating men who are truck drivers, waiters etc and frankly it has not worked out after 10 minutes into the conversation
So my question is if men are fussy in finding someone who is size 6 then women who are successful are also fussy in finding someone who is as successful as them
At the end of the day both of us go home alone , being married to our jobs "
Yes i am ready to hear all type of negativity directed at me
thanks
 autogal
Msg: 2 (view)

Why assume someone is married
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:34:20 PM
My friends are women
 autogal

Why assume someone is married
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:29:29 PM
I am a mixed asian woman and have a lot of friends who are east indian and from the far east
all of us single and yet when we are out most of the men assume we are married. I do not wear a wedding ring so why is that
thanks
 autogal
Msg: 12 (view)

Waiting so many days to call
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:25:33 PM
Wait exactly three days
first day : too early
second day : needy
third day great
 autogal
Msg: 146 (view)

Racism in Dating
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:24:26 PM
I had someone email that they wanted to date within their race, I thought , sorry I thought you were human rather than a jackass
 autogal
Msg: 2 (view)

More to love , drop dead diva etc
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:09:29 PM
No first of all I do not classify myself as a BBW, Incidentally i was in a relationship for four years with a nice man who passed away suddenly this year.
so really i am not looking to meet anyone now
 autogal

More to love , drop dead diva etc
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:56:15 PM
I was watching television with my co-worker who is very attractive and very successful and only dates athletic women in shape. In the midst of watching drop dead diva a promo came on for more to love.
Considering that he only dates women in shape i was really surprised when he said he found a lot of the women attractive on the show. The show has a lot of plus sized women . What then surprised me that he would even ask one or two out
I am a size 16 and have been told that i am too big which actually i am
anyway what gives.
any comments
 autogal

Clarifications
Posted: 7/26/2009 5:01:23 PM
Hello , just was reading some profiles and wanted to know some more
1. all say they want honesty: reality check, who in their right mind is going to write they are dishonest or a player or a cheater
2. here is an unique one. BBW welcome...what is up with that...is that a new class or people that exists . Obesity is so rampant these days ( yes i am one ) that now to say that BBW welcome what does it say about you as a person. Correct me if I am wrong I always thought that relationships were about caring and love
3. it is the same people over and over again for the last one year at least, still single and still looking , really does it take that long. I am over 200 lbs and yet i have not been single for long
Just asking

Show ALL Forums