Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: mature women with lust based profiles
 Trailrider71
Msg: 52 (view)

mature women with lust based profiles
Posted: 3/9/2010 2:39:18 AM
I've seen a few. It's kinda funny. The writing says "I'm classy and looking for a nice guy". The pictures scream "I'm just looking for a one-nighter". I'm guessing they'll be looking for that 'nice' guy for a long, long time.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 32 (view)

HIV = AIDS: FACT or FICTION?
Posted: 9/4/2009 12:30:19 AM
Did you know that the theory of gravity is just that, a theory? It has actually never been proven and neither has the theory that HIV causes AIDS.

The scientific community uses the word 'theory' differently than laymen that don't generally know squat about science. A theory is a large accumulation of scientific facts concerning the same subject. It is not the same as a conspiracy theory that can only be guessed at, which scientifically speaking is more like a hypothesis. After a hypothesis has been tested repeatedly it is considered scientific fact. Get a couple dozen facts together, all closely related, and you come up with a theory. Gravity has been proven repeatedly, you dolt. Try googling Rene Descartes or Francis Bacon. They pioneered the 'Scientific Method'. You probably think the government destroyed the World Trade Center.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 10 (view)

When a 3rd party breaks you up...
Posted: 9/4/2009 12:04:03 AM
The best revenge is living well. Turn your back on them. They chose drugs over you. If you meant so little, you can't afford to spend any energy on them. Forget her name. It was her decision. She chose drugs. Don't even drive past where she lives. Go five blocks out of your way if you have to. Forget about her and live well.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 12 (view)

Rejection
Posted: 9/3/2009 11:54:04 PM
You need to quit playing 'dating baseball'-3 strikes and she's out. Knock that crap off. If she sticks it to you once, you should expect she's the kind of person who'll do it again if you let her. Quit letting her. Grow some testicular fortitude, it will set you free.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 19 (view)

How can I help the pain
Posted: 9/3/2009 11:40:40 PM
Exercise is a good outlet. Chemically, it feels great. It also makes you look a hell of a lot better than a whole pan of brownies. Personally, I like cycling. It can be meditative, especially mountain biking. You get moving along and once you really get rolling, you can't concentrate on anything but staying between the trees. Read some Stephen King books. He'll really wring it out of you. Hope these ideas help, but you really have to find your own way to peace.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 9 (view)

Broken heart
Posted: 9/3/2009 11:28:19 PM
Uh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think mycroft74 may have a point. Not that he couldn't have said it more gently.You're not 16 anymore. You haven't been 16 for 16 years. Put your chin back up and quit boo-hooing.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 4 (view)

I am straight but beginning to hate heterosexual males. Does that make any sense?
Posted: 9/3/2009 11:18:58 PM
Dude, you have issues. Man up and get control of your emotions. Competition sucks, expect it to stay that way. Life is tough and you should expect that to stay that way too. You need to be happy with who you are before you can ever expect a woman worth spending time with will want to spend that time with you. You sound like serious stalker/unibomber material. "Getting the girl" will never happen if you're fixated. You need more to live for than having a girlfriend. Get half a dozen hobbies that get you out of the house. Hiking, photography, mountain biking, or especially anything difficult that hurts and grow a little. In short, get a life and you'll have something to share with a nice lady when you find one. Aside from that, get some counseling.
 Trailrider71

Trumpet Players Thread
Posted: 8/16/2009 10:09:14 PM
I played in the army. That was an interesting job. I ended up getting burned out. I pulled it out of the case a year or so ago and started relearning without the articulation issues that I'd learned the first time around. Unfortunately, I also love playing pool, mountain biking, martial arts, and photography and the trumpet takes a lot of time to play anything that doesn't resemble whale songs. I'll never part with my trumpet, though. I have an old silvered Vincent Bach Strad. model 43. I played a cornet in the army. I really like the sound of the cornet better. I like Dizzy, but Maurice Andre blows my mind.
 Trailrider71

The classical music conductor
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:56:25 PM
No, he's much more than a metronome. He guides the ensemble stylistically. He guides them in articulation, dynamics, and pace. In rehersals, he may tell them verbally, if necessary. Most of what he does on concert night is show, but everything he expects from the ensemble is represented in how he moves on the podium. His frequency dictates tempo. The magnitude of his waving arms dictates volume. The way he moves the baton dictates stylistic nuances eg. legato (smooth and flowing) vs. staccato (short and separated. He also uses it to indicate accents and to cue specific entrances. Without his guidance, you'd have a musical tower of Babel.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 7 (view)

Hip Hop vs Rap
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:34:25 PM
I'm with equalizure. Same crap, different pile. Musically, there isn't anything beyond elementary school level composition. I'm not crazy about either because I am formally educated in music performance and have actually performed on stage. What I listen to has to be interesting to me beyond clever lyrics. Musically, it is lacking. To me, it's like being in a library and checking out 'See Spot Run', when there are so many books with intricate plots to choose from instead. Aside from that, I'm tired of hearing about shooting cops, beating women, drugs, and the constant use of '' in the lyric.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 6 (view)

Adventure racing/mountain biking
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:33:57 PM
I love mountain biking. I like to do stunts when they're available. My personal record is a drop that's about nose high on me. I've done a few races, but they really aren't any fun. Stunts take energy. Racing takes all of it. I did enter a race where my Santa Cruz Nomad wasn't horribly out of place. Turns out the trail was a muddy mess and all the extra travel and fat tires were complete overkill. I'd have been better off with the hardtail. Nobody could go fast with all the slick rocks and roots.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 8 (view)

How do you really know if a guy is into you?
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:08:40 PM
If you want to call him, do it. Don't ring his phone off the hook, however. In spite of how some men think, I have not decided if I like my date in the first 30 seconds. I may decide if I think she's attractive, but that's about it. If I had a lot of fun on a date and she called me before I could call her, it would be reaffirming. Now, if she called me 5 times the next day, she wouldn't see me again. You can't go too wrong by listening to that sexy asian lady.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 16 (view)

Should I move on?
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:37:43 PM
Miska-too funny. Maybe she should park next to his mailbox and spend the night?
To the DA 18 year old stalker-leave him alone. You're the model gf from hell. I'm glad my rabbits are trained to bite. You'll never get them into a pot of boiling water. Leave the guy alone, you loon.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 8 (view)

How can I forget ( or should I ) ?
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:24:05 PM
In my book, you're over them when they no longer have any influence over you. They don't necessarily have to be just another person, they just can't pull on your heart strings anymore. As for the time it takes, your guess is as good as mine. Way back in the time of the pyramids, I fell in love with a woman who I ended up dating for about 4 months. I was over her in days. Of course, I was really ready for her to go away, also. She didn't treat me as well as she should have. Another lady, she was closer to the time of the Roman Empire, who I dated for maybe 6-8 months, had me reeling for over a year after she dumped me. I think it varies a lot by how attached you were and how well they treated you and probably several other factors I don't have the fingers to type. Hope this helps.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 2 (view)

What do you guys think about my profile?? :help:
Posted: 5/28/2009 3:19:32 PM
I think your profile is pretty good. You show a little skin, but nothing trashy. You may want to be specific about some of the activities that you spend your time with. The content of your profile isn't the problem. You're just more attractive than some men can handle. You may want to restrict your responses. It'll get rid of the dirty old men who are 50 and drooling. You can also prevent people from writing to you that live too far away. There are a lot of women's profiles that complain about the lower life forms that troll POF, so it isn't just you. You may want to do a little proofreading. Otherwise, I'd leave it as it is.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 3 (view)

He is cheating, but denys it
Posted: 5/28/2009 3:10:22 PM
What's the question here? You found out you bf was cheating on you and you don't know what to do? Take him out with the garbage and leave him. Never date somebody you can't trust, because if your instincts tell you not to trust him, they're probably right.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 5 (view)

WAYS TO GET A MAN???
Posted: 5/28/2009 3:04:13 PM
Whatever you do, don't try to be who you think they want. You'll be trying to be someone different every couple of months. There is no 'perfect girl' for all the men in the world. Plan for the future and work towards accomplishing your goals and you'll find him along the way. Don't wait for him. You have more important things to do; provide and go to school. Good luck.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 60 (view)

WHY DO MEN USE WOMEN??
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:08:00 PM
Triker tommie-I agree. It isn't just men who use women. I had a date tell me after the second date, that she couldn't see me anymore. She said she was looking for a gentleman. A true gentleman, she goes on to say, would never have accepted any money from her to cover the tab. She contributed $5 on two occasions to my $50. Who's the user here. OP I think men get used more often than women. Just not for the same things. SOME men use women for sex. I know of women who serial date just for free lunch and dinner. There is no social stigma associated with saying no to sex.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 59 (view)

WHY DO MEN USE WOMEN??
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:51:17 PM
You should be more selective and you shouldn't have sex until you know for sure that he's the right man for you.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 11 (view)

What's your biggest turn on in the opposite sex?
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:47:57 PM
Physically?
1. nice, round, firm butt
2. flattish abs
3. lean legs-Speed skaters need not feel put out. You're included.
4. good posture
5. must have chin
Nonphysically?
1. sense of humor
2. self confidence
3. what's the opposite of prude? I've dated prude and don't want to go back to that.
I'm looking for more than that, but they aren't things that really get my motor running.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 21 (view)

For Men Only Do you prefere looks or personality??
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:16:53 PM
georgelock--been there, done that. I feel your pain. Personally, I find different things attractive about different women. I actually tend to find women with sharp features more attractive. That's not to say that women with soft features are not attractive. One thing I do tend to avoid is women who have weight issues. Yeah, sure, let the hate mail begin. A lot of women hate body hair. I was born with that gene. I hate big bellies. It is a sign of someone who sits on the couch too much. I've also found that people who don't sit on the couch all the time are usually more interesting because they are out living life and dictating their own values, not letting Hollywood rot their brains with insipid programming. For me, the firm body leads me to believe that her mind would be just as nice to get to know as her body. So I guess the short answer is that she can't have one without the other. If I don't find her attractive on all fronts, it isn't going anywhere.
 Trailrider71

Lady from Germany soon on vacation around Nashville
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:59:35 AM
Aside from the nightlife, you may be interested in seeing the Parthenon. A full size replica of the eponymous structure atop the Acropolis. They usually have art exhibits below it.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 9 (view)

Do you really want a response if I'm not interested?
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:56:49 AM
Generally, yes, I do want a response. At least if I have a rejection letter, I have some reference that tells me that I have already sent this woman (sorry, they're not all ladies) an introduction and expressed interest. If she's not interested I can usually remember that, or look her up in my inbox. Without that I may, and probably do, send her more unnecessary mail. Of course, at this point, there are only a couple of women who haven't received mail from me. Yeah, the glory of online dating.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 15 (view)

Inappropriate dating etiquette
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:44:29 AM
And what is a man to say in response to all the women who specifically state that men looking for a 'hook-up' need not reply. I am looking for more than that. Should I lie and say that I am not? I tend to think that saying that I'm looking to get laid on the first date is not going to help me find someone interested in a permanent relationship.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 26 (view)

Well?
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:29:03 AM
I live in TN where most women are large, very large usually. Very few of them have anything more than a cameraphone pic held at arms reach, usually from above to capitalize on the cleavage. Anyway, get better pics. Don't cut yourself down, ever. In your posting, you seem to make a habit of it. You have several run on sentences that should be cut into several different sentences. You don't use capital letters at the beginning of sentences consistently. Honestly, aside from cutting yourself down, the actual content of your profile was pretty good. Now, go get that polish.
 Trailrider71

Revisions
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:14:48 AM
But that is splitting hairs.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 2 (view)

Revisions
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:14:26 AM
One thing you may want to consider changing- 'seeking to meet'. Seeking means you're 'looking to meet'. It should read something more like;' Seeking wonderful woman yadayada...' 'Seeking to meet' is like saying 'looking for' twice. The meet is assumed when you start with 'seeking'.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 6 (view)

Check me out gimme some suggestions please.
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:07:29 AM
examples of oopsies: sunggling-snuggling consiquences-consequences tatoos-tattoos I'm guessing aminals was a joke manditory-mandatory I hope this helps.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 5 (view)

Check me out gimme some suggestions please.
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:58:39 AM
Your profile is rife with grammatical errors and misspellings. Women won't care if you can't spell xylophone or quintessential, but words you actually use conversationally should never be left for everyone to see. Even if you do know how to spell everything that is in your posting, it doesn't look good when you don't proofread something that is going to be read by any woman that looks at your post.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 19 (view)

Do I give friend advice, she dating 2 guys
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:38:53 AM
If your friend was smart, she'd dump both of them. One tells her up front he won't give her what she wants. She's a fool to keep him around when she could be spending time with someone who has a long term relationship in mind. She doesn't need to entangle herself with someone who told her up front he's not right for the long haul. Guy number two tells her he's looking for ltr, but then blows her off repeatedly. It sounds like she enjoys being a doormat. Too bad you can't tell her any of it. That would ruin your friendship. Just be there for her when it all hits the fan. You may want to ask her what she learned, but if she can't see where she's going, she probably won't be able to tell you where she's been. She obviously doesn't care where she's going.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 17 (view)

This is going to sound so very stupid but I deserve it.
Posted: 5/25/2009 1:30:26 AM
Listen to Brad. Brad sounds like me, so Brad must be a very smart man. If you get hosed the first time, don't let him have a chance to hose you a second time. Maybe that's why I've never been married, but you won't catch me saying,"shucks, she did that to me again". The advice about never changing plans to accomodate a first date sounded like pretty sound advice as well. Better luck next time.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 4 (view)

mountainbiking
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:25:13 PM
I'm in Tennessee, USA. My favorite trail is a rocky rooty trail on the east side of Nashville called Hamilton Creek. There are several drops and loads of rocks and rock gardens. It has to be the toughest 10 or so miles I've ever ridden. Also in Chattanooga (about 2 hours in the opposite direction from home) is Raccoon Mountain. Currently, they have 'only' 17 miles of singletrack. They've received permission to expand the trail onto adjacent land, which will allow them to stretch the trail to an estimated 100 miles. It is already an IMBA epic. It has a little bit of everything. There are rocks to climb, small jumps, head-high drops, loads of hardpack, and one section along the stone dam that looks like dwarves from Middle-earth built it. If you're accustomed to the cold, don't go in the heat of summer or you'll melt. Tennessee heat isn't like Arizona and Utah. Think more along the lines of Panama or Costa Rica, only not so dry. I ride a Santa Cruz Nomad with a Fox 36 Talas RC2 fork. I also have an On-One 'inbred'. It just seemed fitting to own an inbred, seeing how I live in the state where it was invented. ;)
 Trailrider71

Anyone Mountain biking
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:07:18 PM
I haven't been able to ride in about a month due to loads of rain, but the trails may dry out this week. Normally, I try to get out on the trails at least twice a week.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 46 (view)

Martial Arts - Whats good/whats not
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:54:43 AM
My personal experience is that anything associated with jujutsu is good for fighting. From the roots of Japanese jujutsu (pick your favorite spelling) , you have hapkido, aikido, judo, and the Brazilian style. All are known for effectiveness in neutralizing threats. Pick one. Contrary to popular belief, bjj is not the only style to teach ground work.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 45 (view)

Martial Arts - Whats good/whats not
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:24:53 AM
Sure, almost every fight ends up on the ground, unless one person runs away. What happens when you break your attacker's knee? He falls on the ground. What happens when you execute a leg reap on your attacker? He falls on the ground. What happens when you kick him in the nuts and then punt his melon to the moon? He falls on the ground. What happens when you knock your attacker unconcious? He falls on the ground. What happens when you execute an entering throw on your attacker? He falls on the ground. Yep, hundreds of ways that a fight can go to the ground. I'm not too crazy about taking the trip voluntarily when my attacker could have friends ready to kick me in the melon. I've studied Shuri-ryu karate for about 3 years, and hapkido for over 4. I love the versatility of hapkido. We learn hard techniques as well as soft, with what I'm learning leaning towards the softer side, which seems to be a little more vicious. I'm not crazy about newbies. They tend to compensate for their bad technique with speed.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 32 (view)

who trains martial arts in here-what did u/do u train in
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:11:33 AM
In high school I took classes for about 3 years in Shuri-ryu karate. Currently, I study hapkido. Been going at it for a little over 4 years. Much slower than a lot of other styles, but I feel like I'm earning every bit of it.
 Trailrider71

Your fav martial Arts moves!
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:43:31 AM
I study hapkido and I'm really kind of fond of what the Japanese call irimi nage (entering throw). Steven Seagal popularized it in his first couple of movies. Dodge the attack, slide in next to the attacker and lead them into a ridge hand across the nose or neck. Beautiful.
 Trailrider71

c-bus, ohio -- need directions
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:29:37 AM
Good luck, the OSU campus is one of the largest college campuses in the world. Do you have any idea how many restaurants are in that area? Oodles. Yes, a scientific term.
 Trailrider71

Do you know of awesome photo ops in Western States?
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:24:21 AM
Royal Gorge Bridge was neat. The train down below looked like a toy. Black Canyon of the Gunnison Nat'l. Park was awesome, and uncrowded. It is like a crack in the earth that goes forever, all the way to China. Think Indiana Jones. Those are both in CO. Colorado Nat'l. Monument is also very interesting, and close to I-70. Cut south around Moab, Utah and you go near Arches, Canyonland, Natural Bridges, Capitol Reef NP, Grand Staircase-Escalante Nat. Mon., Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, and then you can take a break in Vegas. From there, you can go into Calif. to Kings Canyon NP and Sequioa NP on the way to Yosemite, which you absolutely have to see before you die. You can see Death Valley on the way back. Those are mostly places I saw on my trip last fall on my motorcycle, minus Kings Canyon and Sequioa and Capitol Reef. Utah Rt. 12 is a great scenic highway that shouldn't be missed. If you go along I-40, you can see Barringer Meteor Crater in NM. It'll only occupy a few hours, but worth the stop if you're in the area. It's 5 minutes from the freeway. Have fun and take lots of memory space.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 54 (view)

Going on a vacation by yourself? Good or Bad idea?
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:08:38 AM
I've taken several vacations on my own. I would have prefered to have company, but was single at the time. I did feel a little lonely at times, but I also got to see places I'd always wanted to see that I may not have seen had I waited to share them with someone. I say go by yourself if you don't have somebody to go with. Do something today because you may die tomorrow.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 98 (view)

Women That Wear Thongs...
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:04:10 AM
Personally, I like the look of boyshorts and bikinis. Boyshorts accentuate the roundness of the butt more than thongs, for sure. I like a nice round butt. Of course, if she's wearing a thong, I'll be very happy to see it as well.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 78 (view)

Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 4/23/2009 1:50:29 AM
Nobody, regardless of gender, should give out a number to a stranger that can be traced back to them, where they can be found. Not everybody is a stalker, but you don't know from the first date, for sure. Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 181 (view)

Why is sex on the first date such a big deal?
Posted: 4/23/2009 1:19:38 AM
It is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. If that's what you want, good luck to you. I for one don't want that. Well, honestly, that's exactly what I want. With every woman in the room at any given time, to boot. More than that, I want a relationship. I'd give up the memory of any woman I ever had sex with, for just one keeper. I want a woman that I can trust to not sleep with whoever. If she sleeps with me on the first date, how can I truly trust her when I'm not around? How can she trust me? Not having sex right off the bat shows self control. Yes, it would be total flattery if the woman I love couldn't keep her hands off of me. I'd be happy as a lark. On a first date, not so much. Acting that way on a first date would make me think that I couldn't trust her, in the long run. If I acted the same way, I could only surmise that I'd give her the same impression. Once upon a time, sex on the first date was the paradigm. I did actually have a few longish relationships that started that way. I also had a few that didn't, which had very little spark. Not to say I never had a relationship that started slow and never got hot. I think that's the ideal path. Taking it slower makes the physical part much more intense and personal than you could ever hope to achieve on the first night, or first month for that matter.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 15 (view)

orgasm count, is he lying??
Posted: 4/23/2009 12:32:15 AM
Most likely lying. Some women are particularly gifted, in that they reach orgasm very easily and repeatedly. Some are cursed with extreme difficulty reaching the first one. 21 in one session is quite possible, but in one hour is hard for me to believe. My guess is he's trying to get you to find out for yourself.

Show ALL Forums