Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Women want commitment but he is upfront that it is not going to happen
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 247 (view)

Women want commitment but he is upfront that it is not going to happen
Posted: 11/30/2009 1:49:35 PM
Post # 309. I think that there are many women in your age group wh0 may be interested in serious commited relationship. I mean serious girls and not some trailor girls who have 3 kids from 3 different daddies. May be they do not want commitment with you because they afraid to give it to a grocery store clerk, even if you are a nice guy? Just a thought.
The OP's post indicates that his cousin-in-law deals with women who do want a commitment from him. Just a basic reading comprehension please. Please do not compare apples to oranges. The OP is talkig about accomplished ladies. I personally wouldn't commit to a guy who is a supermarket clerk at 30.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 26 (view)

On professionals and commitment (interesting one)
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:16:48 PM
I will try to present an asnwer to the last poster. I am a university professor (business). I also travel for work but of course not to a degree that sales poeple do. I do not have any memories of my co-workers having sexual relationship during out of town trips.
Companies and institutions have written and unwritten policies. They have individual corporate cultures. If individuals in your business establishment (especially in a married status) practice sexual practices it is a very poor corporate culture and a poor company. It also indicates that you work with individuals who have very low moral standards and ethical standards.
It sounds as a poor choice of an employer, a comany that has major flaws, and allows employees have poor practices. I have travelled to 20+ countries, have a world recognition in my field and multi-lingual. Thus, I have met a bunch of university professors and industry professionals for whom I do a private consulting (that includes travel) but have not ever seen anything similar to what you describe.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 23 (view)

On professionals and commitment (interesting one)
Posted: 11/21/2009 2:51:50 PM
I am from academia (university professor). We do not travel as mush as sales people do. The majoroty of my collegues are married for years. Younger professors may be married for a couple of years or so.
Those who are married have real people behind their rings. In academia maritual status is not important at all. We are very opened to ethnic diversities and sexual orientations. Single or married no one cares, but still the majority is married or have a partner (sexual orientation factor).
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 38 (view)

Russian women with US citizenship
Posted: 11/17/2009 6:43:59 AM
What surprised me how fast poeple draw conclusions about USSR ad Russia without having appropriate level of understanding those societies and cultures.
For example, el......... makes a staement ---------On the other hand, countries which used to be under Russian rule during the Soviet era did not care for it and most of their citizens didn't care to learn Russian.-------------

It is incorrect. Learning Russain was manatoy for all republics under the USSR. Thy not oly know Russian they are solidly bi-lingual. But indeed it changed after the collpase of the former USSR but doesn't affect people 30+. It just the way the system was set up. This is an example ofsome sort of a limited incorrect belief.

The OP is not talking aout mail in brides. He i stalking about Russain nationalities who live in this country and naturilized citizens.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2009 4:40:43 PM
From a Russian woman.......
The US is a country of immigrants. A lot of first generation immigrants choose to maintain their culture. It is not unlikely to find an Indian guy working in 7-11 who despite his US citizenship is still more Indian than American.
Russian educational system is very strong. That is why I didn't have any problem to get my Doctorate at 28. It is more your start versus your IQ.
Traditional values that were developed in you since childhood are not going to vanish only because you get naturalized. E.g. if a woman was raised on healthy home cooked meals she will continue to do so in her adult life (despite of a blue passport) and not switch to a junk food.
Relationship however are more build on your personality, system of values, chemistry versus IQ and education.
I can say here are quite a few men in this country who crave a woman with a traditional up-bringing who has her immigration papers, SSN, education, and pays her bills.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 55 (view)

I don't care that he did, but WHY DID HE HAVE TO LIE?
Posted: 11/15/2009 2:30:21 PM
Yes Midland... I agree with your post. As you wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>

------Anyone else remebers her saga on how they were good friends with her ex--after the divorce, he was a good man,until he met a new woman and she was crazy and he suddenly became crazy? Only in her further posts in separate secions and not directly related to the subject she claimed that he was abusive and her life was miserable and how poorly she was treated when they were together? Anyone?--------

I remember it it was around summer time. I also remember that she had few platonic guy friends with whom she went to a Zoo to check on monkeys together with the kids. Apperently, in one of those soon-to-show up posts one of those platonic guy became a boy friend and started to treat her daughter in the same pattern (candy for his kids and no candy for her one) as her ex's lady.
In those original posts OP was clear that they were just platonic friends and she didn't date since the divorce. Now she says she dated a lot in 3 years.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 47 (view)

I don't care that he did, but WHY DID HE HAVE TO LIE?
Posted: 11/14/2009 4:01:05 PM
Yes, Rene.... I do remember her post about her interest in dating her doctor. I believe it was posted around Aug-Sept. She has seen his profile on a dating web site and got very interested in dating him because she thought he was a cutie-pie.
I also remeber some other op's posts when she fluctuates between a nice single mom who has God in her life and someone who has all those male friends around.
Her story constantly changes with follow up posts. Those platonic friends suddenly become her boy friends and etc. Somehow, she fails to make her story straight and I know you can't catch it unless you read all this garbage before.
I think this woman is lost. She has those few personalities hanging in here such as a nice single mom, God fearful woman, please f*** me , I need to suround myself with multiple guys, they are good to me, no wait they are not.
My 2 c (upon reading all those previous posts).
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 53 (view)

The Love of My Life is Gone Forever
Posted: 11/10/2009 5:34:24 PM
I have just read all those posts. Shaking my head. I made a copy-paste from his original post. Shaking my head further. Holly crap! Let's read it! Big lies are there.

-----------Last month my wife left me. We were only married for three months. I really loved her with all my heart and she left me, most likely for another man. I did everything for her and I treated her as good as I knew how but apparently it wasn't enough.

So I'm here on PoF to find someone new. I am NOT looking for a rebound. I've accepted what happened in my marriage and I'm moving on with my head held high. I'm looking for someone who is more forgiving and understanding than my wife was. Someone who can appreciate me and genuinely love me and not fall out of love in six weeks over your typical man mistakes of not reading between the lines of cryptic messages. I'm attractive, I'm polite and I give 110% to everything I do.

I'm seeking something long term and lasting, my true soulmate, not that awful woman who I pledged my life to. If you're interested in catching this fish that she let get away, message me.---------------

Hun, what a normal woman is going to by this s***?
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2009 5:52:01 PM
From a Russain women. T

he former USSR was not a materialistic society. Almost every single kid whom I knew was raised in a good household with traditional system of family values.

When traditional values were formed in an early age they can't (in many cases be dropped over night). The same way as helathy eating habits that were gives to a kid since age 3. It is highly unlikely that this person will turn into a junk eater at the age of 25-30 (only because she moved to the US and junk food is availible). I do not have any Russain friends who eat junk most times. I still can care less about soda, chips, hamburgers and etc. I prefer home cooking.

Sure, we get Americanized. We have to do it in order to succeed in this country. We have to understand how the society works. But dropping core values that were formed in the early age is highly unlikely.

From all my friends whom I had over there I know solid 90% whose parents are still married. Those kids (now adults do not know what a divorce is).
Becoming a dual citizen and having respect for both countries I believe my "core" values were never compromised.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2009 3:38:58 PM
I am a 33 Russain woman who definitely knows a Russian and American history. Indeed, I have memories of communist regime. However, they have passed long time ago. Not only for me but for generation of people who are older than me and still live in Russia. The communist concept was not around for at least the last 15 years. Even elderly people have adjusted to the new Russia and get a kick out of their new day market economy (mostly).

Gulag is singular and not plural. It actually the Gulag.
Questions?

The above post """"""""""Russian genetic pool will recover in about 300 years to what it was before Marxism murdered 50 million of the most creative, non-commercial, outspoken, Russians."""""""""""

The above post. Genetics, my dear, has nothing to do with communism *that is not around anymore at all*

It somehwat may be a fact of upbring that you eentually may adjust. But do you really believe in 300 year crap? P.S. communism was launched shortly after 1917 where is 300 years here????

****** I guess another smart a** wants to let you know his knowledge of 300 years of Russain history.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 11/2/2009 10:29:59 AM
A POST FROM A RUSSAIN WOMAN WITH A US CITIZENSHIP.....
First, many Russian women like to wear feminine close and guys like it. It is a cultural thing to leave a house looking "well done". E.g. Russian women may find unexeptable to go to a supermarket with no make up wearing XXL shirt. Obesity rate is much lower there, especially for women before menopuasal women.
Aka, it does captures guys attention. And some of them are good looking and do have a good financial position. American women won't miss such fish too, nor Brazilian, British and etc.
I knew only very very very who were marrying fo money. The rest got married men who either well -off or doing o.k. financially. However, their assets was never a motivation to marrige (with very small exceptions). Russain women are usually very family oriented (cultural thing) and they value household more than their carrers and man generally like it (those who also want LTR).
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 89 (view)

Girlfriend going on holiday with her male friend.
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:36:19 PM
I think this guy wants her to say at least. He is looking for some privacy with her by having a nice vocation. I think she is opened to him and enjoys a little romance and sexual activity. It looks to be that he tries to win her by buying gifts and taking trips and looks like he is having some success. He knows how to ride the madam.

Show ALL Forums