Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Im so lame
 Krystal413
Msg: 29 (view)

Im so lame
Posted: 3/25/2010 12:33:18 PM
I would rather wander around Walmart or some other store on a date than sit in a Starbucks any day.
 Krystal413
Msg: 3 (view)

How far are you willing to go on a date?
Posted: 9/8/2009 7:07:26 PM
About ten years ago, I dated a guy who lived about two hours drive away. We dated for a year and a half and when it became nothing really special, I broke it off because it is a lot of work to keep up seeing someone who lives that distance away.

Would I do it again? For the right person, maybe. It sure would be nice to find someone more local though! Dating is better when the other person is close enough to touch........
 Krystal413
Msg: 22 (view)

What's the reward for Chivalry?
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:57:26 PM
I believe part of the point of being chivalric is not expecting anything in return.

Just think of it as karma......what goes around comes around.....do unto others......and all that.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 21 (view)

What Makes You Say, Yeah, Right?
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:53:34 PM

As far as dating goes, the only profession I would think long and hard about before dating is law enforcement. I might think twice about lawyers too; mainly because after our break-up my ex-lawyer-ex wrote a six-page "case" detailing what a horrible person I was, complete with "evidence."

Some of the nicest people I know are lawyers and cops (I see a lot of them on my job)..........and some of the nastiest people I know are lawyers and cops.........You have to go on an individual basis there.
 Krystal413
Msg: 23 (view)

Dating in the Dark, men vs. women after they've seen each other
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:30:46 PM
I watched 6 episodes over the past couple of days -- Only 1 out of 18 guys walked out after seeing the girl and he said it was because of her religion, not her looks. Over half of the women walked out.

I will admit I thought men were more shallow, but I may be rethinking that and not just from that show, but also from some other experiences/observations.
 Krystal413
Msg: 11 (view)

Is It Ever Ok or Is It Just Plain Rude
Posted: 8/31/2009 7:27:26 PM
This is exactly what happens on Dating in the Dark......They have these wonderful dates in the dark, talk about a real connection. Then they see each other and one ends up walking away based on the other's looks and they just walk out the door without a word. Kind of sad........
 Krystal413
Msg: 40 (view)

Can you fall in love with someone on line?
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:48:31 PM
You can fall in love with the mental image you have of that online person, but when you meet in person, you may well be meeting someone totally different from that online mental image you had and that someone could be someone you don't love.
 Krystal413
Msg: 16 (view)

Just a legitimate question, but can you answer it?
Posted: 8/6/2009 7:04:08 PM
Why does skinny guy = bad boy?? That is my question!

And to answer yours, I don't like the thin body type. I prefer some bulk. I never equate that with a life spent in a gym.
 Krystal413
Msg: 17 (view)

compatibility ratings
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:27:06 PM
I looked at those ratings. There was one guy that it said 100%, so I clicked on that profile. Not even remotely interested. Maybe that is weird. Some of the pictures that did interest me enough to look at the profile were more in the 80% match, whatever that percentage means anyways.
 Krystal413
Msg: 14 (view)

Toupees
Posted: 7/18/2009 4:47:59 PM

I've yet to "meet" a toupee that I didn't recognize it to be anything other than what it was.
Shave the whole thing off.. much sexier, a fully shaved head feels very erotic. 'Sides, there's nothing more distracting from the moment than you worrying if someone's gonna pull the damn thing off.

Go chrome and let her hands roam

I second this motion whole-heartedly!!
 Krystal413
Msg: 41 (view)

Turned 50 and it's different (shallow thread)
Posted: 7/18/2009 11:08:21 AM
I turned 46 recently and got an AARP invite in the mail.......Are they lowering their standards???
 Krystal413
Msg: 9 (view)

this is for men and woman, whats going on with photos in the bathroom?
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:02:08 PM
A couple years ago, we did just this photo splitting as my son's science project. The resulting two photos of each person were very interesting! He won first place, too.
 Krystal413
Msg: 7 (view)

this is for men and woman, whats going on with photos in the bathroom?
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:39:41 PM
What's really fun with bathroom pics is then the guy is shirtless and holds the camera/phone so it covers his face! Just what is it he wants us to focus on??
 Krystal413
Msg: 2 (view)

Ladies!! Can a man be too neat?
Posted: 7/14/2009 11:01:08 AM
As long as you don't run around with cleaning supplies in hand to clean up any mess instantly, you are good. As long as you don't slap someone's hand for moving something out of place, you are good......Way better to be too neat than too messy/unclean.
 Krystal413
Msg: 14 (view)

Its the little things
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:47:52 PM
When a guy does little things that show he was listening to you at some point, that's a great feeling. For example, if he heard you say your favorite color was pink and then later a single pink rose to bring you, that's one of those good "little things". If he knows your favorite drink is Diet Coke and he keeps some at his house just for you, that's another one. I'm sure you get the idea. Guys, you can learn a lot just by listening and paying attention to things she says and does....
 Krystal413

Alts and Normals
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:28:52 PM
I am not sure "normal" has any one definition.
 Krystal413
Msg: 8 (view)

Understanding Hypocrisy
Posted: 7/9/2009 7:34:43 PM
Smoking is not just what's "between the fingers". It's the smell on the body and clothes, the smoke in the face, the smoke on the breath, the teeth. That is not a judgment. It's a reality. Sorry. Doesn't mean I won't know you are a great person. Just means I won't want to kiss you and hang out close to you.
 Krystal413

Why are most of you so timid?
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:40:46 PM
"Spineless" and "flighty" are not in my repertoire.
 Krystal413
Msg: 9 (view)

What constitutes moving too fast?
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:41:04 AM

I mean that....for example, after a few conversations and meeting once or twice, i say something like "i'm really glad i met you" "I havn't felt this comfortable with someone for a while"........just to use my last example. I have had a mate tell me that some women might think i'm being desperate, when honestly i'm far from it. I guess i find it hard to "play it cool" when i meet someone i click with.

If that is all you said, that is not moving too fast or being too forward. I would love to meet someone and hear after the first date that he is glad he met me and that he feels comfortable with me. As long as he isn't just saying it to see if he will get laid that night.
 Krystal413
Msg: 104 (view)

How far would you travel for a love affair?
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:35:42 AM

I haven't even gotten to the morality factor. That's between the gov, his God, and his wife.
But he left the country without letting even his staff know his destination, without any emergency contingencies in place, inevitably to lose his place on the GOP short list for their next presidential candidate, and losing the honor of chairing the national Governors' Assoc.

To paraphrase Jay Leno, . . . . What Was He Thinking? Why commit political suicide?
Chutspa? Ego? Balls? Stupidity? Mental Illness? Breakdown?

I do not condone his actions, but when you think about it, does this behavior say that matters of the heart overrule ALL other matters? He really did give up a lot.

Then again, he could have just been vain enough to think he could get away with no one finding out. I'm sure we will never know.
 Krystal413
Msg: 45 (view)

Very Excited ... Until The First Date
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:07:22 AM

I disagree with the instant sparks concept. I am a firm believer in second dates.

Most people aren't. They want fireworks. Or they want whatever it is they want and they want it NOW. I call them oopma loopa dates.

I think so many people are walking around with their checklists and their red flags that they aren't looking at the person sitting in front of them. The are so busy looking down the road they aren't looking at what is right in front of them.

You took the words right out of my mouth. If I see any little possibility on a first date, I want a second date. It might not be "take me now" feelings on the first date, but I think those feelings can blossom as you see and learn more about someone.....
 Krystal413

Which do you prefer, to be the contactee or the contacter?
Posted: 7/5/2009 6:57:12 AM
I have contacted nearly as many men as the number who have contacted me. Of those who contacted me in past two months, I have met 4 in person. Of those I contacted first, got stood up by one and met none.

Every other post on here looks the same.......women have better luck with those who contact them first. Wonder why?

I don't think this will stop me from making first contacts though. You never know what might happen.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 6 (view)

Write Your Own Rejection Letter
Posted: 7/4/2009 8:26:00 PM
I'm with you. No response is message enough. Why have to read in black and white why we aren't good enough for you.

I am guilty of not responding, too, but that is rare. I have written back to most of those who write me. (I could not, however, make myself respond to the guy who wanted me to instant message him at "bone69ok4u" and asked if I had a webcam. lol)
 Krystal413
Msg: 5 (view)

I think I have the friends thing figured out.
Posted: 7/2/2009 5:37:05 PM

Most people who want to be friends will place them in the friend category, period.

I want full, head-on, chemistry from the word go.

Then I want to develop a friendship within that relationship.

What she said......most definitely......
 Krystal413
Msg: 33 (view)

A situation I've never been in before...
Posted: 7/1/2009 7:48:37 PM
When you see a man write that he is looking for an "open minded" woman, what is your first thought?
 Krystal413
Msg: 6 (view)

How can I get a date when all the mail I get is from people wanting to talk about their problems?
Posted: 7/1/2009 2:07:21 PM
Well, it appears the girl pic is gone with no explanation of whether that was him or someone else........However, the shirtless pic where he appears to be inspecting his own "package" is disturbing on a whole other level......

And I am disappointed that while he had time to change pictures, he did not have time to insert paragraph breaks....
 Krystal413

Is it no surprise?
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:51:29 PM

Ah....and his profile is now gone

That didn't take long!
 Krystal413

Poll
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:27:54 PM
Flawed poll, since facial hair covers stubble to mountain man........all depends on the man behind the hair.....
 Krystal413

Is it no surprise?
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:24:10 PM
Is the 93 in your name the year you were born?? If so, you are not 18..........What is scary is I hope my 17 year old son doesn't think like this.....
 Krystal413

How can I get a date when all the mail I get is from people wanting to talk about their problems?
Posted: 6/30/2009 8:02:03 PM
I was going to read your profile to see if there might be something in there that was attracting those types to you, but I have trouble following the lines when it is one giant block of text and I couldn't get through it. Try paragraphs??
 Krystal413
Msg: 54 (view)

Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:11:27 AM

I read above
hmm I wonder what my stance on a guy wearing sunglasses being surrounded by women would be ...now theres a toughie!,
well, I think he should be wearing a hat and have his motorcycle and car on either side of him too.

Don't forget to make sure he is also holding a dead fish too while wearing no shirt and taking the picture in a mirror........showing his tattoo.......
 Krystal413
Msg: 68 (view)

You call this Dating?
Posted: 6/29/2009 7:46:52 PM

While I agree the guy probably manipulated the OP to pay, how did she and her "date" manage to get served and eat/drink their pizza and drinks before they were paid for? Pizza Hut is like all other fast food franchises and expects payment before food and drink is served/delivered/picked up.

I don't know where your Pizza Huts are, but the ones here that are stand- alone restaurants, you order, eat and then you get a bill and pay it.
 Krystal413
Msg: 18 (view)

Rejection (sorta) because of... Hobbies?
Posted: 6/29/2009 3:50:36 PM
Armoring is hot (maybe depending on who you make armor for.....)

I think more obscure hobbies are interesting and I have written to men on pof just based on a hobby I saw listed.......Once I wrote to find out what cryptozoology was, once to ask questions about relic hunting, and I think someone listing armor-smithing would get my attention also.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 10 (view)

How do you know you won't hear from him/her again?
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:02:07 PM

You have to say this..... I like you. I really like you.... probably too much to be JUST friends. So, I think we should not continue this situation, unless you feel the same way..... then PAUSE, wait for his answer. Then, say, am I understanding that you want to be in a COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP? If this is true.... does this mean that you do not want to date anyone, except for me.... and I also agree to not date anyone except for you? In order to get to know one another better?

What? You are supposed to ask them to be exclusive by the 3rd date?? This works for you? Or are you being sarcastic?? (I am thinking sarcastic here.....)
 Krystal413
Msg: 12 (view)

In need of advice from the smarter species ( or hey women, im kinda dumb on this one )
Posted: 6/28/2009 5:47:48 PM

Little Tip...

If you're in the South and want to talk to women, do two small things...

End each sentence with Shuga (darlin works in a pinch though), and mention any NASCAR drivers name at least twice.

Bluez

I hope no one seriously takes this advice! I think being called endearments by strangers is creepy and if you mention NASCAR drivers' names to me, you may get a blank stare in return.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 1128 (view)

If someone emails you with misspelled words and bad grammar, do you respond?
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:08:10 AM
When the poor grammar and bad spelling is over the top, it screams "Nigerian scammer!!" at me........Sometimes it is so obvious that English is not his first language........
 Krystal413

Height?
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:21:15 AM
Your height isn't the issue actually - it's your dishonesty in your profile about your height.......What else are your "mistaken" about? Your age? Your marital status? Your profession? Your personality?

I am 5'8" and have no problems with a guy who is 5'8" or even 5'7"......what I would have a problem with is a guy who is not honest in his representation of himself.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 4 (view)

Lack of Honestly!
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:26:38 PM
All right, I got the following message last night (edited slightly to protect identity) -

"hi...i love your pics. u look very fine...mmmmmmm. do u have more pics or a cam? i have a cam, but it won't cum on here. im on yahoo messenger if u want to talk and hopefully more. screen name is bone69**4u where in ******* are u? i get there often"

OK, tell me how I am supposed to reply to that??? lol Technically, he was in my set parameters......and you said I should reply to those.......
 Krystal413

What do you think about how men dress?
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:28:02 PM
Just a comment about men in suits.....I work in Family Court and I bet not one man in 100 wears a suit to court.......maybe more like 1 in 1000 (not counting lawyers). I cannot believe how sloppily some people dress to appear in front of a judge. It shows a lack of respect that probably carries over to a lot of other areas in their lives.

But I do not expect a man to appear for a date in a suit (unless we were going somewhere that required that type of dress). I look more for clean and neat than for Mr. GQ. So I guess I like seeing men pay more attention to their grooming rather than their fashion sense.
 Krystal413
Msg: 82 (view)

Compliments, being a gentlemen and other forgotton traits..
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:57:26 PM
And I always try to say "thank you" for those gestures, regardless of who makes them. I love seeing a complete stranger look stunned when they hear "thank you".......although that is kind of sad, when you think about it......to be stunned at simple courtesy.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 81 (view)

Compliments, being a gentlemen and other forgotton traits..
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:53:25 PM
I sure don't see chivalry as a "weakness".......it is actually a masculine trait to me.....I would prefer a man who treats me like a woman.....yes, we are different (but in a good way).....and that is not a bad thing!
 Krystal413

Would you hold it against someone who has been single for an extended time
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:46:51 PM
I sure wouldn't hold it against someone, either having been single a long time or always been single. I have been divorced for about 16 years. I have dated off and on, dedicated some of the time more to my children. There are plenty of reasons to be single a long time and plenty of reasons to now want to find someone. So this would have to be on a case-by-case basis, I think.
 Krystal413
Msg: 4 (view)

He's Just Not that Into You Question
Posted: 6/19/2009 5:05:02 AM
I don't really have an opinion about the whole "into you" theory, but one thing in the movie really made me shake my head in wonder........with the married couple, she had no problem forgiving him for cheating on her, but threw him out when she figured out he was sneaking smoking........huh??
 Krystal413
Msg: 20 (view)

Would a guy really travel long distance just to score?
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:31:25 PM
Of course, they will travel......but they have some different reasons. Some believe the right person is worth the effort. Some think they distance will mean less of a chance they will get caught cheating on whoever they are traveling away from. Maybe some have run out of eligible women in their own town! lol

Personally, I like the ones who think the effort is worth it......
 Krystal413
Msg: 26 (view)

Should men act their age?
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:29:27 PM

On the inside wants to be silly, go skinny dipping, sing songs from the sixties even if he cannot remember the words and be an outragouse flirt.

That sounds like a lot of fun to me and I have dated men in their 50's. What is not "responsible" about all that?
 Krystal413

Do you avoid contacting wealthy guys or gals?
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:24:09 AM
First off, he is stating wealth in his profile, do you really believe it??
 Krystal413
Msg: 13 (view)

How long to wait before moving to phone?
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:36:45 AM
You should wait anywhere from one minute to forever.......depends on the other person and how interested you are in hearing a voice and learning more.....
 Krystal413

How long to wait before moving to phone?
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:29:52 AM
I liked it when first chat I asked if he wanted to talk on the phone, gave him the number, and the phone rang seconds later.....A little enthusiasm about wanting to know someone better is a good thing.....
 Krystal413
Msg: 30 (view)

How online dating is working?
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:18:37 AM
After a few messages, I want to be able to talk on the phone, to hear a voice, to get a feel for someone. The tone, cadence, etc. of a voice can tell you a lot about a person. Then once you get them on the phone, make plans to meet in person. That is what we are here for, right?? I think dating takes "in person" time - close enough to touch.
 Krystal413
Msg: 31 (view)

Defining A Few
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:13:40 AM

Or how about when a woman puts up athletic or thing and they look like they are in their 3rd trimester lol

That's what I can't stand. There should be a way to report it lol

Or what about the "athletic" men who look like they are in their 3rd trimester???

Show ALL Forums