Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Cheaters, and how can you tell youve met one?
 himmicane§
Msg: 9 (view)

Cheaters, and how can you tell youve met one?
Posted: 2/28/2010 8:35:52 AM
The number one warning sign for cheaters on dating sites is lack of a picture viewable by everyone. Anecdotal evidence suggests that about 80% of such men are cheating on somebody.

When you finally decide to meet, do so at a relatively large public place *in his neighbourhood* not yours. Married men tend to get very ansy about being seen in public and recognized with someone who is not their wife. If he squirms over this ie. comes up with lots of excuses for why he can't meet you in his neighbourhood, run away. Find out what area of the city he lives in, as specific as you can get, well before talking about meeting. Find a popular place there, and *insist* on meeting him there. Listen to him squirm, while you keep changing the meeting date to accommodate his excuses.

Phone numbers used to be a good way ie. not a cell phone, but many people have given up their land lines now, or use voip, or moved their land line numbers to such facilities, so the usefulness of this is now a lot lower.

Other telltale signs are bizarre patterns to his availability as to when he can communicate with you. If he never calls you around 6-9pm from home, that is a sign. If he only ever comes online to chat after 11pm, that is a sign.

-Jim
 himmicane§
Msg: 64 (view)

Don't drop that soap
Posted: 10/4/2009 12:33:45 PM

I have seen some real life success with women that have met men while they are in prison.

There are many MANY counter examples to this. One local example here in Ottawa is Louise Ellis - Brett Morgan. Google it. Any city of any size has such examples, the main ones that the press picks up on are the ones where the woman is murdered. You don't typically get to read about all the battery, financial theft, etc etc.

Prisons are the absolute bottom of the dating barrel. One must have pretty poor self-esteem to go actively trolling prisons for a date.
 himmicane§
Msg: 3 (view)

I can take the truth
Posted: 1/18/2009 7:45:44 PM
The bottom line is that you're a good looking woman, so are going to get lots of email regardless of what you put in your profile. The message I'm getting from your post here is that you simply don't have the time to weed through all the email and really want to avoid the insincere losers. I would recommend that you hide your picture, and instead of waiting for men to contact you, you make first contact. Search through men's profiles being VERY picky and attach your picture to your introductory email. A simple hi should get the ball rolling. You should find this to be a far more efficient use of your time.

-Jim
 himmicane§
Msg: 2 (view)

Psychic readings as assistance in relationship?
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:54:05 PM
Don't be an idiot. Look up the Barnum and Forer effects. These so-called psychics and fortune tellers are experts in making you believe, and taking your money. Any real psychic, if they actually existed, would've stepped up and taken the Amazing Randi's million dollars by now.
 himmicane§
Msg: 4 (view)

HELP! Hot air popcorn popper...
Posted: 10/20/2008 8:12:50 PM
I have some experience with hot air poppers. What I find critical is to make a full serving. If you don't start with enough kernels, they'll come flying out early. Also the mass of popped kernels on top hold in the unpopped kernels later on. I also make a tent out of a tea towel that drapes over the chute and the bowl so that kernels that pop in the bowl don't come flying out at me.
 himmicane§
Msg: 128 (view)

What is it with 50+ women and wanting to stay single???
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:50:45 AM

if I married again there goes my kids inheritance

That's why you'd get a will drawn up protecting them. While there's tons of good reasons to stay single, inheritance is a pretty weak one.
 himmicane§

Fat friends
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:54:33 AM
Weight loss, in theory, is quite simple and not rocket science. For the average person out there, weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise. As insulin is the weight gain hormone, reduce your intake of foods which cause your body to release insulin. Such foods are carbohydrates. Replace much of your carbohydrate intake with high quality proteins. Such proteins don't come with a lot of saturated or trans fats with them. Get more exercise. This will result in weight loss. Some people will also advise you to take a good psychological look at yourself to see if you are eating carbs/comfort food as a way of dealing with negative things in your life, and to stop that.
 himmicane§
Msg: 11 (view)

How many times have you seen this?
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:51:59 PM
Another way to spell it out to you who don't get the knife reference, having an edge means you're not dull.
 himmicane§

How many times have you seen this?
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:21:03 PM
Having an edge basically means being a bit unpredictable, not boring, not Mr. Nice Guy all the time, thus keeping you ladies on your toes a bit. It adds a bit of mystery and excitement, which is what you ladies seem to like.
 himmicane§
Msg: 26 (view)

No picture, but private image(s)
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:32:25 AM

I have a friend who is a HS teacher and told me that a parent that saw a teachers pict on on of these sites could raise issues.

That's simply ridiculous. The parent is going to say "I have seen you on a dating site on the web. You're single and looking, and I have a problem with that!!!" C'mon, ridiculous unless the high school is run by Catholic nuns....

The vast majority of these excuses don't hold up to any scrutiny.
 himmicane§
Msg: 6 (view)

Am I a door mat?
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:41:24 PM
Essentially this is what happens.....a woman is attracted to/has chemistry with some man. This just happens, it isn't their choosing. But the man has all kinds of issues and needs "rescuing". The woman doesn't use her brain to veto the attraction, but instead gets into a relationship with him. She works to change/rescue him, possibly driven a bit by her maternal instincts, and by fairy tale fantasies like the movie "Dirty Dancing" for example. This doesn't work, he doesn't change, she gets all resentful because of all she did for him, and ultimately she ends up hurt when the rose coloured glasses wear off.

My advice is to learn from the experience and next time use your brain to run away before getting into a one-sided doomed relationship. There's no shortage of men out there....be picky. There's lots of them with their act together with whom you will have chemistry and the potential for a fulfilling equal relationship
 himmicane§
Msg: 20 (view)

Do you judge a woman before speaking with her on her star sign??
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:12:36 PM
Astrology, as ridiculous a premise that it is, has been completely proven untrue through scientific study (see the very thorough Geoffrey Dean study of 2003 for one such example). But it does have one very useful function: it says a lot about a person who actually believes it, if one wants to avoid dating that type of person. Or if one wants to find gullible people, to play them or get money out of them, again it is useful.
 himmicane§
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2008 6:53:18 PM

I had a friend who had a profile on here without a pic - the reason she did that was because of her job. She got a few e-mails and shared her pic when asked. She just didn't post her pic because it would've created issues for her at work.

Could you elaborate on this? Other than her being a celebrity, or undercover cop, or working for a competing matchmaking service to pof, what possible issues could this create for her at work? Let me guess....she was hit on by guys at work and told them that she's married or in a relationship to get rid of them, instead of just telling them sorry, not interested. Her pic on here would blow her cover.
 himmicane§
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 9/12/2008 5:23:27 PM
Having a profile on here with a picture is simply saying that you're single and looking. What's the problem unless you have something to hide from somebody? You wouldn't walk into a bar with a paper bag over your head, so why do it here? Is there somehow shame in being single and looking?
 himmicane§

real signs and notices
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:55:15 PM
What's funny about that? It simply means that they will provide free tire rotation about every 6000 miles/10,000 km if you buy a full set of tires.
 himmicane§

Camera problem
Posted: 9/7/2008 3:47:16 PM
See if the SD memory card has the locking switch set to lock. If your card is locked, then possibly you might not get the delete option. But this doesn't sound like your problem.

See if you can down arrow your way such that the menu wraps around and you can reach things in the menu that you would normally up arrow to. It sounds like you might have a stuck button. It may be worthwhile to open up the camera and clean it.

I have seen strange camera behavior caused by moisture. Did your camera get wet recently, such as being left out in the rain? If so, then leave it in a sunny window for a few days, preferably with the case open if you feel comfortable opening it up.
 himmicane§
Msg: 7 (view)

Do men really like bitchy or demanding or challenging women?
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:44:06 PM
I would say that you should look at the type of men you seem to get into relationships with. While you can't choose who you are attracted to/have chemistry with, you can still use your brain to veto getting into a relationship with them. It's quite possible that you are attracted to the type of guy who doesn't have long term aspirations in the first place. They might even be treating you like crap from the get-go, but you don't notice it because you're seeing them through lust-filled rose coloured glasses.

That said, nobody wants to be with a doormat either. Men like women with self-esteem and self-confidence. That does not mean being ****y or naggy, though such women do tend to ooze self-esteem and self-confidence. It's the female version of the nice guy/jerk thing.
 himmicane§

Looking To Lose Weight - Need Advice
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:32:16 PM
In terms of weight loss, men tend to respond very well to reduced carbohydrate intake. Eat more protein and less carbs when you're hungry.
 himmicane§

Shes still having her Ex BF sleep over
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:07:58 PM
Listen to your gut and run away. Run away now.
 himmicane§
Msg: 5 (view)

Cooking with Gas oven/stove
Posted: 9/6/2008 12:57:28 PM
Sometimes new appliances have some small amount of grease/oil on parts that will burn off, creating essentially invisible smoke particles. Try also running your range hood fan to see if that eliminates the alarms. If there's unburned gas leaking from your oven, you should be smelling it....a rotten egg odour like sulphur.

But that said, having a smoke detector less than 10 feet from an oven is just asking for false alarms.
 himmicane§
Msg: 20 (view)

advice (or resource info) on purchasing a laptop
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:45:38 PM
Yes, there's danger in using a found laptop. Get it completely scanned for all traces of spyware. And yes, make some traceable effort to find the owner. Possession of stolen goods (you don't know the history....a thief could have lost it) is generally against the law in most places. You could have a lot of explaining to do.

I still say avoid laptops like the plague unless you truly want/need the mobility or have money burning a hole in your pocket.
 himmicane§
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 8/28/2008 4:56:53 AM
Too much assuming. We techies watch stuff like that because we understand the ramifications. Regular users often don't, or they get distracted by phone calls etc. and leave the thing on, or a kid plays with it and pulls the battery, etc. etc. Laptops are simply open to far more physical abuse than a regular desktop. I would avoid them like the plague unless I truly need the mobility. Less real estate??? Have you seen the size of small-form desktops lately? Unless you're working in a closet....
 himmicane§
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/27/2008 8:21:49 PM

How will a laptop expose you more to power loss?? If you have it plugged in, the battery should always be charged.

A laptop is often used in a mobile fashion on battery. If the battery drains out, or is pulled out, well, you have a power outage. If your laptop is always plugged in, why not just have a desktop which is cheaper and better?
 himmicane§

Posted: 8/27/2008 7:59:59 PM
I agree that one should buy a desktop unless you truly need the mobility of a laptop. You get WAY more for your money in a desktop. Some points to consider:

- a desktop is much more easily serviced. You can easily open it up and add new or replace defective components.
- desktop disk drives are much larger in capacity and more reliable than the laptop equivalents
- batteries in laptops tend to be problematic over time, and expensive to replace
- a disturbingly large number of laptops end up stolen
- any time you lose power on a computer without shutting it down cleanly, you risk filesystem corruption, which could cause the machine to no longer boot. Laptops potentially expose you more to power loss.
 himmicane§

Birds do it,bees do it,and now,we learn,cows do it.
Posted: 8/26/2008 7:55:53 PM
Did they account for prevailing winds? They are typically from the east or west. Perhaps cows don't like to face into the wind.

Did they account for the time of day of the satellite photos? Perhaps cows don't like to face into the sun.

It's quite a leap to conclude that cows are aligning themselves to the magnetic field of the earth.
 himmicane§
Msg: 10 (view)

Horoscopes, Zodiacs...
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:25:57 AM
Astrology has been extensively studied by scientists and the results always come out the same....it is consistent with random gibberish. Some of the things I find hilarious about it:
- twins having completely different personalities and life paths . Duh. You'd think this one point would make people clue in.
- time zone changes and daylight savings time potentially affecting the day of birth of children born near midnight, and thus their sign. Do astrologers convert everything to GMT? They'd better have the complete history of timezone boundaries and daylight savings time changes for every place on the planet where people are born.
- the fact that astrologers believe that your personality/compatibility profile depends on what day of the year and even hour/minute you slide down the birth canal. Just the concept itself is laughable.
- gullible people overall spend a lot of money on it....it is so lucrative that astrologers will of course staunchly defend it. Same thing as stuff like therapeutic touch, acupuncture, etc. Completely consistent with the placebo effect, yet the practitioners will staunchly defend it because it's so lucrative.

The Geoffrey Dean study of 2003 used the very precise birth date/time information of 2000 individuals from a previous medical study done decades earlier. He discovered that the life path and personality predictions from running astrological charts on them had absolutely NO correlation with how these people actually turned out.

Someone who staunchly believes in astrology shows that at a minimum they are gullible, and somewhat weak-minded/easily influenced, and closed minded to the mountain of scientific evidence disproving it.
 himmicane§

why do women put up with immature men?
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:58:50 PM
Women who put up with that crap over the long term tend to have low self-esteem.
 himmicane§

strange happenings.. would you be spooked?
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:29:58 PM
Microprocessors are in almost everything these days. They are small embedded computers running software. When your computer acts up, you think nothing of it....darn software bugs, you blame the programmers, etc. When an embedded device acts up, people think gee, must be somebody from the great beyond....bzzzzt, it's likely software and/or hardware bugs, crossed wires, etc. No big deal.
 himmicane§

Cajun Baby Back Ribs
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:03:11 AM
Never boil ribs unless you are desperate to cook them quickly and don't mind losing a significant amount of flavour.
 himmicane§
Msg: 19 (view)

Ads claim to convert your car to a hybrid for 50$ - 100$ and double your gas mileage - Has anyone do
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:08:27 AM
Google the topic for yourself, looking specifically for objective third party testing. Here's one to get you started:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4276846.html?series=19
 himmicane§
Msg: 18 (view)

Ads claim to convert your car to a hybrid for 50$ - 100$ and double your gas mileage - Has anyone do
Posted: 8/16/2008 6:42:57 AM

So do we agree the ads are nonsense?

Yes, the few people here that know what they're talking about agree that the ads are complete and utter nonsense. Objective studies of such devices back this up.
 himmicane§

Help Please
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:28:39 AM
Under the "my matches" link you see a bunch of small profile pictures with the user names all truncated to 8 characters. That's just the way it is. Truncating "wolf lady" to 8 characters gives "wolf lad". Unfortunate, perhaps....if you don't like it then change your handle to something that truncates to 8 characters in a more acceptable way. To do so, you may have to delete your profile and sign up again under a new name.
 himmicane§

Posted: 8/14/2008 10:23:18 AM
The amount of energy that goes into electrolysis is the same as what you get out when you burn the resulting gases. Due to inefficiencies, you end up with a net loss of energy. It simply can't work. Do your own research, all objective studies show that these units are useless at best, and typically decrease vehicle efficiency a bit. All claims of this stuff working are either anecdotal or from the hucksters themselves.
 himmicane§
Msg: 13 (view)

How Much Credence Do Women Put On A Guy's Astrological Sign?
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:23:32 PM
Many many studies have completely debunked astrology. There's absolutely no correlation between your sign and your personality. The Geoffrey Dean study of 2003 pretty much was the last nail in the coffin.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1439101/Astrologers-fail-to-predict-proof-they-are-wrong.html
 himmicane§
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2008 7:12:01 PM
Electrolysis units don't work due to the laws of thermodynamics. Alternators do not have "extra juice" as you put it. All electric energy drawn out puts a proportional load on the engine. All objective studies of electrolysis units show that they are useless at best, and often decrease efficiency.
 himmicane§
Msg: 19 (view)

To Press or not to Press
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:11:53 PM
It's the water temperature that makes the difference. High end expensive coffee machines heat the water more precisely. If the coffee tastes sour, the temp is too low. If bitter, then the temp is too high. Somewhere between 88 and 93 degrees C should do the trick, but everyone has their individual tastes.
 himmicane§

Canadian housing myth............................
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:28:49 AM
According to Yale economist Robert Shiller, over the long term, housing prices simply track to inflation. Prices have run much higher than inflation in recent years, so a correction is natural and to be expected. Other economists believe that the Canadian Housing Market tracks to the US market with a two year lag. If that's true, then the correction will be fast and furious. Otherwise, the correction could be a long period of fairly flat prices allowing inflation to catch up.

In my opinion, houses should be seen as an "inflation hedge" and not an investment per se. Unlike the ownership of normal investments, owning a home isn't cheap. You have repairs to make, and property taxes to pay. Most other investments don't require you to keep pumping upkeep money in, or pay a government for ownership rights. That said, you do have to live somewhere, so it usually makes sense to buy when prices are reasonable and pay the combination of yourself and the bank instead of a landlord. Only buy what you need, never make yourself house poor.
 himmicane§

What is POF trying to install on my computer?
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:13:08 AM
I've noticed the occasional ad seems to want to install an activeX control. I just ignore the prompt.
 himmicane§

Changed Province
Posted: 8/7/2008 7:46:44 AM
I believe new matches are calculated weekly.
 himmicane§
Msg: 42 (view)

Was this a sign?
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:36:54 AM
I'm also trying to highlight a human effect called "selective memory". That's when you key in and remember things that support a certain hypothesis that you want to believe, such as your horoscope or a reading from a psychic, or in this case that spirits are controlling your electronics. You forget the things that don't support the hypothesis, such as things in your horoscope that are obviously wrong, psychics that guess the wrong things about you or make predictions that don't come to pass, etc. etc. In this case, it is keying in on electronics that happen to malfunction in spooky places. One has to also include the data of malfunction of the device in non-spooky places and also the proper operation in the spooky place. If the data indicates, outside of a standard deviation, that there is higher rate of malfunction in that spooky place, then one should start looking at environmental factors of that place to explain the malfunctions first. Obviously "spirit forces from the great beyond" should be the last resort of any explanation, otherwise we'd still be living a medieval existence.

Using the "selective memory" effect is a key way that astrologers and so-called psychics manipulate people into believing them. People with a scientific background tend to understand this effect and not be suckered in quite so easily.
 himmicane§
Msg: 36 (view)

A different kind of game
Posted: 8/6/2008 7:58:56 AM

The friend took it upon himself...he didn't forewarn or plan it with the first guy....based on this statement anyways....

If a friend did that to me, I would be VERY ticked off and he would no longer be my friend. Can you imagine, telling a friend about a great gal you met online and he takes it upon himself to go "date" her in a disingenuous way? That's WAY over the line imo. That's why I think they schemed this together as a "test" of the woman.
 himmicane§

Acidic stomach
Posted: 8/6/2008 7:52:26 AM
While the evidence is pretty much all anecdotal at this point, many people are finding relief from GERD in a low carbohydrate diet. Try it for a week and see if your symptoms improve.
 himmicane§
Msg: 31 (view)

A different kind of game
Posted: 8/5/2008 8:52:19 PM

They" didn't play a crappy game....guy #2 did. In the end, how was it crappy?

It sounded like they were both in on it from the beginning, and guy #2 "the friend" was completely disingenuous. That, to me, equals "crappy game".
 himmicane§
Msg: 28 (view)

A different kind of game
Posted: 8/5/2008 7:53:32 PM
If you had already agreed to be exclusive, then you got caught. Otherwise, most men with half a brain on this site already assume that women are dealing with a fairly steady stream of new interest. What they did was play a pretty crappy "game" on you, reflective of self-esteem and trust issues. You should be glad he's weeded himself out now, rather than later.
 himmicane§
Msg: 40 (view)

Was this a sign?
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:46:07 PM

But why did I stand in the same spot and was able to take a picture just fine only moving the camera down about a half a foot?

There are many many reasons why your digital camera may have temporarily malfunctioned. Digital cameras, when set to automatic mode which is they way most people use them, rely on the embedded computer inside them to set the aperture opening and shutter speed. If those settings aren't right, you can end up with an all white picture or all black or bad results between those extremes. These embedded computers contain a fair bit of fairly sophisticated software. Ever have a program malfunction on your desktop computer? Did you blame a spirit in that case?

Also, just because you were in a graveyard, you are quick to think that it was a spirit from the great beyond playing with you. If the camera malfunctioned at the beach for example, you wouldn't think twice about it when it starts to behave itself again. You likely wouldn't even remember the incident.
 himmicane§

Was this a sign? Weird experience at a monastary.
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:41:29 PM
Those Polaroid instant cameras have the batteries in the film pack. When you change the pack, you get fresh batteries. If the film pack was really old it's possible that the batteries were weak. If you're near the end of the film pack, the batteries are weaker. The camera probably needed to flash (until you got outdoors) but the batteries were simply too weak to charge up the flash or was taking a long time to do so. Also, because the batteries are in the film pack, the battery connections to the camera can be poor/flaky/intermittent.
 himmicane§

Windows will/cannot not start
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:20:23 PM
As other people have pointed out, you likely have a corrupted filesystem. If you don't have a recovery cd, then try booting off the recovery partition of the hard disk if such a partition exists. It will likely be the D partition. If that fails or there is no such partition, then take it in if it is under warranty. If not under warranty, then buy or borrow an external hard disk enclosure for a 2.5" (laptop) disk with USB interface. Open the laptop, remove the hard drive and place it into the external enclosure. Plug the external disk into another working computer via USB. The disk will now show up and you can then run a filesystem check on it with the automatic repair option. With any luck, the check will find and repair the corruption. Unplug the external disk from the computer, open it and remove the disk and put it back into the laptop. It should now boot fine.

When you go to buy the external enclosure, you will have to be cognizant of which type to buy, PATA or SATA. It of course depends on what type of interface your hard drive has in your laptop.

How did this corruption occur in the first place? Very likely your battery ran out of juice or otherwise your laptop lost power before the disk write cache had a chance to flush it's data to the platter. Avoid complete power loss on a laptop or any computer for that matter, else you risk such a corruption.
 himmicane§
Msg: 15 (view)

WRITING TO PRISON PENPALS..YR THOUGHTS
Posted: 7/31/2008 10:52:19 AM
It's pretty much one of the stupidest things a person can do in terms of dating, writing to complete strangers in prison. It's dredging the bottom of the dating pool.

Here in Ottawa there was the Louise Ellis case. She was a freelance journalist who befriended a prison inmate, Brett Morgan. He was serving a 10 year manslaughter sentence for killing a woman in Edmonton. They exchanged a lot of correspondence, and she fell in love with him. When he was released from prison he moved in with her, into her house. Yep, you guessed it, he murdered her. Was convicted for it and he eventually ended up dying in prison of some illness.

I can't think of a dumber thing a supposedly intelligent woman could do when it comes to relationships, but hey, maybe that's just me....

-Jim
 himmicane§
Msg: 16 (view)

Why - lack of information?
Posted: 7/31/2008 6:04:49 AM
I have tried both long descriptions and now just use a short description. Going to a short description made no difference in the number of first emails from women, which are essentially very very few, typically months between them. So the description for a man only has one purpose really, and that is to get a positive reply back from his introductory email to avoid the dreaded read/deleted or even worse unread/deleted. So I just put enough in there, with pictures of course, to indicate that I'm at least dateworthy. If I am going to be judged on my personality, I'd rather have my personality be discovered through interaction rather than just by reading a couple of scripted paragraphs. That said, my introductory emails are reasonably well thought out and do provide a first glimpse into my personality. If she likes the way I look, and I made her chuckle in the first email, then I'm likely to get a positive reply. If I had a long profile, she might stop reading it at the first thing which gives her pause and then my email gets deleted, and perhaps without it even being read.

So there you go.....hope that helps explain things a bit, at least from a guy who has thought this out a bit.
 himmicane§

Do you believe in occult stuff, astrology/numerology/etc..?
Posted: 7/29/2008 6:56:28 AM
Astrology has been completely scientifically disproven through many studies. The most damning of which is probably the Geoffrey Dean study released in 2003 involving about 2000 individuals. If you're going to believe in hocus pocus type stuff, at least pick one that hasn't been completely scientifically invalidated.

If you stare at random data long enough, your brain will fool you into thinking that you see patterns. It's like staring at the stars and "seeing" constellations, or staring at the clouds and seeing patterns.

Show ALL Forums