Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: foreign child molesters more important than Candian citizens?
 paladin_
Msg: 11 (view)

foreign child molesters more important than Candian citizens?
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:55:43 AM
Just when I thought that the bleeding hearts in Canada couldn’t get any stupider some moron comes out of the wood work and proves me wrong.

They did everything in their power to deport a British man in a wheelchair because he did not fill out the paperwork properly.
then some moron over turns the law of automatic deportation for braking the law and receiving a sentence of over 2 years.

There are people in Canada that badly need a good swift kick in the morals.
 paladin_
Msg: 29 (view)

teen killed by pellet gun; why this response?
Posted: 5/25/2009 7:10:26 AM
Excuse me!!! But these kids were breaking the law!
We have laws in this country for a reason, that reason is for public safety. When you break the law you put yourself and others in danger.

And please don’t give me The Bull S--T. of “He was a good Kid” and he didn’t know any better.
When I was 6 years old I knew the difference between Right and Wrong. Because my parents taught me!!!

These kids went onto privet property, broke into someone’s garage and took something that DID NOT belong to them. (They stole a pellet gun). And as a result of their actions a 13 year old boy lost his life.

It’s no different when someone speeds or drives drunk, they put them self and others in danger. If they kill themselves or some one else as a result, then they are to blame and held accountable and responsible for their actions.

I don’t have kids but if I did I would do my best to teach them the differences between Right and Wrong.
 paladin_
Msg: 30 (view)

why not set the legal alchol limit at 0 % ?
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:56:03 PM
From what my friend told me the drunk driver is held financially responsible for the car that gets turnd into a cube and the courts DO! Make it stick. They will put a lean on their house,garnishing the wages or size assets.
My friend said there was a time when there were car crashes and people getting killed by drunk drivers every single day.
 paladin_
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2009 2:04:50 PM
Clearly that would be for the second offense.

In some parts of the UK they have had such a big problem in the past 10 years with drunk drivers, and this approach seems to be working for them.

For example In Ireland the car gets cubed period … they don’t even care if it’s your car or not, if it’s not your car then you have a lot of explaining to do to the owner.

What it also dose is if your friend wants to borrow your car to go to the pub and you think they might drink and drive they you don’t give them your car instead you tell them to take the bus or a cab.
I know its kind of an extreme approach but I have a friend from Ireland and he said that back in the 1990’s the problem was 20 x worse than Canada
 paladin_
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2009 6:11:26 PM
Maybe we should adopt more of a European style justice system in Canada. A repeat offender gets double the sentence every time they break the same law and they are force to take consoling and education wile in jail or else they don’t get out.

As for drunk driving in the UK if you are caught by the police the car you are driving gets turned into a cube.
 paladin_
Msg: 20 (view)

Senseless Death of Taxi Driver by young criminal car thieves
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:06:15 AM
Ok let’s try to remain civilized here.

I personally have no problem with defense lawyers. If a person is charged with a criminal offence they have the right to be represented lawyer and have the right to a fair trial.

I think what frustrates Meany people and myself the most is when there is overwhelming evidence like in the gray hound bus slaying or in this case where all this teens are well know to police and have been convicted in the past and courts give them next to nothing for a sentence for killing a innocent taxi driver.

And what really frustrates me even further is what a police officer get charged with attempted murder for shooting a well know auto thief in the butt.

My question for Captian Girly Girly Is, Despite your mixed opinions of the police in some of your other posts.
If you were defending this police officer would you do it with the same passion as you do for others who are repeat offenders?

Would you try to raise reasonable doubt for the attempted murder charge?

At the time the police believed him to be a suspect in an armed robbery of a 7-11 because he was in the area and they presumed him to be armed and dangerous at the time.
He was also driving Stolen Yukon SUV and fled from police; he rammed the police car and then fled on foot. After the police shot him they discovered he was also in possession of a large amount of narcotics. So it’s not as if they shot an innocent person who was not Breaking the law.
And would agree that at the time the police had no way of knowing he was not involved in the armed robbery because of the way he was behaving towards the police (Ie Breaking the law) and by his actions of fleeing.

So if you were defending this police officer whould you try to get him acquitted in any way possible?
 paladin_
Msg: 49 (view)

Police use Taser during arrest of 15-year-old outside Gordon Bell school
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:14:12 PM
Excuse me for a second.

But why is it than when ever something like this happens Common sense seems to go out the window And people try to blame everyone except the person who is actually responsible for the situation (the 15 year old in this case).

The 15 year old had no business bringing a knife to school. What was she intending to do with it? Kill someone!!!
The police we called in to deal with the situation that the 15 year old created and they told her to drop the knife or they would shoot! What part of that did she not understand?
She did not comply and as a result she got hit with the Taser. Didn’t anyone ever tell her never bring a knife to a gun fight. And that its not a smart thing to pull a knife on a cop because they have Guns.
End result...
There is no one to blame except the 15 year old girl and her own stupidity.
I guess she had to learn the lesson the hard way.

It seems like a lot of people on here are experts in everything and know how someone should properly deal with a deranged teen who is brandishing a knife.

Personally I would use a Shovel (long handled spade) and I would keep hitting them in the head until they stopped moving and I would call it self defense. LOL

paladin_
Msg: 54 (view)

Tim's Law
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:34:24 PM
I wonder if I could get out of a speeding ticket if I told the Police Officer that God told me to speed.

paladin_
Msg: 53 (view)

Tim's Law
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:25:38 PM
Excuse me.
But why is it that common sense not so common these days?

Why is it that we the vast majorityof tax payers allow these social elitist left wing bleeding hearts who think they know what is in the best Interests for every one in the whole wide world tell us that the vast majority of us are wrong. And that Vince Li is the true victim because he is mentally Ill.

And to quote one of these social elitist ignoramuses who had the nerve to make the follow absurd statement.
To quote Mr. Captain
[“I for one have no sympathy for Tim's family members that support this absurd idea of "Tim’s law". I would have had she used her son's tradgedy for something other than a witchhunt against the mentally ill and advocating something that goes against a well established and fundamental principle of justice”]

One wonders if it was one of his family members who was Murdered would his attitude still be the same.

Excuse me. But you want to talk about the “principles of justice”.

Tim’s law is not about starting up a (witch hunt) or locking people in jail just because they are mentally Ill.
Tim’s law is about the long forgotten principles of justice that are about putting a violent murder in jail for 25 years. That’s right!!! Vince Li Is a murder! Not a victim.

The crown prosecutor in this case should be fired for incompetence by not doing their job by trying to convict Vince Li of second degree murder.
Excuse me. Is it not the Job of the crown prosecutor to try to establish Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?
There were over 30+ eye witnesses that witnessed Vince Li Murdering Tim McLean.
But none of them were called to take the stand by the crown. WHY?

Excuse me.
But an amateur lawyer on their first case could have got a conviction for crying out loud. The evidence was overwhelmingly there. There is no question that the jury would have found Vince Li guilty of murder and Vince Li would have been sent to prison for 25 years with no parole and he would have been give treatment in prison for his illness. But more importantly The principles of justice and common sense would have been served. And Tim’s family would have had closer.

It should have been that simple. It was that simple. But no, it didn’t happen that way.
Once again our Justice system was attacked and the common sense of all Canadians was insulted.

How did this happen you ask?

Our Justice system was attacked by two social elitist, Psychiatric Quacks, who are self proclaimed experts in everything and know what is in the best Interests for every one.
For three days these social elitist Invented excuses for Vince Li and Brain Washed a crown prosecutor, a Jury and A judge and convince them to think that Vince Li is the true victim, and is (NCR) and therefore, not guilty of Murder.
Even though over 30 people witnessed Vince Li Stabbing and Beheading and Cannibalizing Tim McLean.

Finally I have A question for all the social elitist and Psychiatric doctors out their? Seeing how you are self proclaimed experts in everything, If Vince Li did not Murder Tim McLean then please tell me Who Did?

Im paladin_ and that’s my POF Excuse me.

Paladin_
Msg: 74 (view)

Favorite Quotes......
Posted: 2/18/2009 11:13:01 PM
It Takes Fifty Years To Learn…

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. You should not confuse your career with your life.

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

7. Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

13. A person who is nice to you but rude to a waiter is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)

14. Your friends love you anyway.

15. Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

paladin_
Msg: 32 (view)

T-shirt sayings............
Posted: 1/30/2009 9:48:52 AM
My friend has a good t-shirt

On the front it had an arrow pointing down and states (the toes you step on today)
On the back it said (are attached to the Ass you will be kissing tomorrow)
 paladin_

T-shirt sayings............
Posted: 1/27/2009 5:44:44 PM
I have one that has a picture of a bottle of wine on it that says

Im not getting older
Im just becoming more complex
 paladin_

Nice guys?
Posted: 1/26/2009 2:25:59 PM
Well I like to think of myself as a nice guy, I like being polite and I resist the temptation of beating the crap out of people whom really piss me off every day.

But I don’t think I would threaten suicide or stalk the person.
1st of all I love having fun and like my life to much and enjoy making fun of people who are idiots… lol
2nd of all I don’t have the time to waste on stalking someone and there is no point to it because you will not win them back. Id much rather spend my time trying to find a new person.

Hmm? maybe I’m not that nice of a guy after all. LOL

paladin_

What you love about being manitobian?
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:01:48 PM
I love the fact that I only have to drive one hour to my parent’s cottage at twin lakes beach in the summer.
Lots of great camping, fishing and hunting if that’s your sort of thing.

Mosquitoes that seem to have armor piercing stingers that go throw jeans, jackets and eveny your underwear on your arse (little bustards).

But that okay because I love Sitting in the sun room almost naked (just in my swim shorts) with the screen doors closed at night with a glass of fine wine, and watching the mosquito zappers nail the little bustards to the sound of classical music playing in the background. (Revenge is sweet). Lol

I love living in Manitoba.
And the biggest thing I love about Manitoba is there are no Poisonous Snakes.
I hate Snakes.
 paladin_
Msg: 3 (view)

Breakfast at The Forks January 11th
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:43:26 AM
cool... for once Im not working on sunday

save a spot for me
 paladin_
Msg: 4 (view)

Aboriginals to pay for Education!!
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:48:59 PM
I think and Aboriginal Student Loan program would be the great idea. That way the students could actually get access to the money that was given to them by the government.

I agree that Secondary Education is NOT a Treaty right. But the government has set up a scholarship program and sends money to these young students to give them the chance of a Secondary Education and a better life.

What really gets my goat is the fact that the chiefs and band counsels admit that they are taking (steeling) the money that was rightfully sent to the students and spending it as they see fit. And then they have the nerve to blame it on the government.

I think it’s high time to audit and hold chiefs and band counsels accountable for the moneys they receive from the government.

In the mean time an Aboriginal Student Loan program would stop the chiefs and band counsels from steeling the student’s money and most importantly keep them from steeling their futures.

paladin_
Msg: 55 (view)

Group Beats a Man and Posts Bloody Pics on Internet
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:26:00 AM
LOL well lets not get too carried away; there are already a number of states the USA that allow you to shoot car thieves. I am not too sure that we want to go that far in Canada.
However I would like to see the courts deal with criminals in a more serious matter.
I think this whole issue has shown that Winnipeggers are sick and tired of the justice system failing to protect law abiding citizens.

When the justice system fails the citizens and fails to take matters into its hands then the citizens will have no chose but to start taking matters into their own hands.

:peace:
 paladin_
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2009 10:01:26 PM
Yes the speaker thing is annoying as also when the car alarm that goes off when the free press carrier gets within 10 feet of the car at 5 Am in the morning.
In most cases its some young kid with a fancy car that sets their alarm to be way to sensitive and he should set it to only go off when someone try’s to pull on the door handles.

The way my parents handled a Nabor like this was to tell him that they would call the police every time his alarm went off at 5 Am in the morning. They got 4 other Nabors to do the same.
After 2 week He was told that his car was disturbing the piece and he set his alarm sensitivity to the door handle level and the problem stopped.

If someone is trying your door handles at 5 am to see if you left your car opened and the alarm goes off and scares them away then that’s fine in my mind.
But when it goes off when someone gets within 10 feet of the car then I agree that it is definitely a bit too much.

But as for this incident I guess we will have to wait and see what the police determine by their investigation.

paladin_
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2009 7:53:55 PM
Thorndyke ,
I think of you as my friend so please don’t take this the wrong way But I know you don’t own a car.

I do own a car.

I drive an 11 year old 1998 ford that is in excellent running condition has less then 100,000 KM on it and is in good –new condition. (The Blue book value)
It is worth about $3200 never mind I just put new tiers on it last year that cost me $1600 including new brake pads rotors 4 wheel alignment because the old ones were 11 years old.

If my car gets stolen and smashed into a light pole MPI will give me $3200 minions my $200 deductable.
Now I have to go out and buy a car to replace it.
I am not going to find another 11 year old 1998 in the same condition for the same price.
I am going to have to buy used car and spend close to $4000 plus GST. And PST. So besides dealing with the loss of my car and what ever possessions I had in it. I now have to go and find $2000 that I don’t have in the bank to buy another car.

My car is DAM important to me thank you very much
After all… it is (MY CAR)!!!

paladin_
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2009 7:31:59 PM
I think my questions are valid as I’m sure the police will be asking the same or similar questions in the days to come.

But I was not there and therefore I do not know what happened.

Were you there? Yes! Or No!

If (Yes) then I guess you know what really happened so please tell us.

If (No) then I guess you know as much as I do about this incident.

Therefore I think it’s not right to start questioning people’s morality and actions until the police find out what really happened that night. And I am sure that they will in time.
 paladin_
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2009 6:57:07 PM
I don’t think it’s fair to judge the fathers morality or actions, his friends or even the 21 year old suspected thief until more facts get released by the police.

I would like to know if the 21 year old has a past criminal history of auto theft?
Do the 3 guys have a criminal history?
How far away from the house was his car parked?
I’m assuming it would have been parked as close to the house as possible because it was a cold night.
And how long did it take him to run to the house and back with his friends. 10 seconds or 10 min?

I was not there and I do not know what happened.

Therefore I think it’s not right to start questioning people’s morality and actions until the police find out what really happened that night.

paladin_
Msg: 5 (view)

Mice
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:57:37 PM
My parents found a mouse in their house a few days ago, they never head a problem for the last 30 years. Anyway they set a few of the sticky traps and got one today.
IV heard some similar stories from some of my co- workers.
I think it might be the cold weather that is driving them to seek shelter indoors.

They tend to come out at night and stay close to the base boards of your house so that is the best place to set traps. Also along basement walls and corners, closets, crawl spaces and cardboard boxes with old cloths make a nice home for mice.
 paladin_
Msg: 10 (view)

Breaking news ~ Guilty verdict read
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:22:44 PM
Yes Jail is too good for them.
I think a 9mm to the head would be more fitting
That’s what they would face in most other countries in the world.

However I sincerely hope that there is a vary special place in Hell reserved for people like them
 paladin_
Msg: 107 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:37:19 PM
Today I read in the Winnipeg free press Dec 12 page A5 (Remorseless boy sentenced to 8 months)

He is a level 4 car thief that ran over a police officer and said “what’s the big deal, so what if I ran over a couple of cops?”

“Excuse me” but this makes me sick. It makes me sick and tired of our nambi pambi justice system.

This should have been attempted murder. When as Canadians are we going to say enough is enough!

Of course the so called (Experts) would say that it’s not his fault, because after all he did not have good parents and grew up in poverty and his layer will use ever other excuse in the book to try to get him off the hook .
And this is suppose to some how justifies his actions to steal a car that dose not belong to him and try to kill people innocent people including a police officer just for “the fun of it”.

I think is high time that Canada adopts the European style justice system that forces rehabilitation and re-education on people whom are incarcerated.

Its vary simple criminal are given the opportunity to complete their education to the grade 12 level and are giving the opportunity to learn the top 20 most in-demand trades of employment. IE. Constructions workers, carpenters, brick layers, plumbers, auto mechanic, electricians, and ect…
they also under go treatment for additions, anger management, sensitivity training ect and are taught that they are not the victim… and upon their release they are placed in a job setting where they can earn a good wage for an honest days work.

But there is a catch...

un-like in Canada They do not have the right to say NO! to this program... And if they do not complete their training then they do not get release from incarceration. They remain in jail until they complete their course with a passing grade of (C+) GPA average.
This system has a 98% Non re-offend success average compared to Canada that is less then 50% average

And for the other 2% in Europe that do not want to learn, they say in a place where they cant hurt anyone.
 paladin_
Msg: 53 (view)

Coalition government?
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:19:23 PM
Excuse me for a second.

As a tax paying Canadian that voted in the last federal election I would like to state my following opinions and my expectations to the ALL the members of the House of Commons.

In my opinion I think this parliament needs to take a time out! ALL of you (Liberals, NDP and Conservatives.) Have behaved like a bunch of spoiled little brats that are upset because you did not get your own way in the last election.

You (The members of parliament) now need to return to your home ridings and listen to the citizens of Canada. (The people who you are suppose to represent!)

Canadians spent 300 million dollars to elect a conservative minority government only 7 weeks ago. As a tax payer I would like to see some value for my dollars as im sure all Canadians would like to see.
So there for I would like to make the following suggestions.

The conservative government deserves the chance to table a budget in January 2008. If this budget is good for Canada then it should be supported by the house. If this budget is not good for Canada then it should be defeated.

If the Liberals or NDP were in power right now I am sure that they would be asking for the same respect.

In the 6 weeks leading up to the budget vote I would expect this new coalition to prepare A budget of their own to present in the house of commons in a timely fashion that would be within 30 days if they decide to forum the next government.

As a Canadian these are my expectations of all the members of the House of Commons.
I don’t think that this is too much to ask of them considering that my tax dollars pay their wages and fund their parties.

Wow I think I just sounded like Vic Grant on CJOB.
 paladin_
Msg: 9 (view)

Coalition government?
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:40:21 AM
I agree with chucknorris1

this coalition is the result of well planed hidden agenda of the left wing party’s.
This type of thing just not just happens over in a matter of a week as they would like us to believe it did. They had to be planning this move months before the election was called.

It’s kind of funny how the NDP and Liberals accused the conservatives of working with the bloc when they pasted their crime bills 2 years ago and they even went so fair as to say that Harper was getting into bed with the "separatist traders" whose only goal was to brake up Canada…
And now the NDP and Liberals are singing a formal alliance with the bloc and saying that they are not (separatists) but are members of parliament who were fairly elected by the people of Canada. (This is truly hypocrisy at its finest) and it gets better.

They accuse Harper of not trying to work with them but have made no effort to work with him either.
Harper even remover the parts of the economic up date that the opposition did not like in an attempt to appease them but they are still unwilling to compromise.
3 weeks ago the liberals were accusing Harper of running a 1 billion doller deficit and said that this deficit would be bad for the economy, Now this coalition plans to run a 30 billion deficit.

I think it would be vary irresponsible on the part of the opposition to over turn the government before they have a chance to meet with the auto sector and table a complete budget in January. Once a budget is tabled then its fair game.

During the last election they all accused Harper of having a secret hidden agenda but it’s now fairly obvious who really had (The hidden agenda). If the coalition forms a government im just scared to see what other parts of their hidden agenda will come out.
I’m not a big Harper fan but the opposition are a bunch of hypocrites who just thou their integrity and credibility out the window.
They say that Harper is not to be trusted, But can we really trust a coalition of parties that have contradicted everything that they said 6 weeks ago?
 paladin_

Another Greyhound Bus Stabbing - Would you Take The Chance?
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:04:07 PM
Again I will say that the problem is the fact that it is practically illegal to defend yourself in this country. And the government and police tell us to run away and not to get involved or take matters into own hands. Did you know that in Canada it is illegal for anyone to carry pepper spray for the purpose of self defense!
Women can’t even carry pepper spray to ward off a mugger or a rapist. Hence once again it is practically illegal for anyone to carry anything on ones person for the sole purpose of self defense.

To confirm this One only has to look at the article in the Winnipeg free press on Tuesday Nov 25 stating that the Manitoba Government plans to restrict the sale of bear repellent and possibly ban it out right because of a handful of criminals who have used it in muggings robberies and sexual assaults.
(Wow that sure sounds familiar)
Just like other weapon registrations and bans, it will only keep it out of the hands of responsible people who actually obey the law!

I remember a case about 10 years ago in Winnipeg where young women who was a student at the University of Manitoba came out of her bathroom only to discover 2 people in her apartment who were braking and entering.
She picked up samurai sword and went after the 2 robbers that were in her home. She was charged by the police with assault with a deadly weapon but the police later dropped the charges because of public protest.

Here is what I have been told by some of my friends in law enforcement…
The courts will look at your actions in the following way. You are allowed to use (Reasonable force) in self defense but ultimately it will be up to the judge and the jury to decide if your use of force was reasonable in that situation.
However keep in mind that if you own a home Or have assets you will have to pay your own legal fees.

Not only do you have to deal with a criminal but you will also have to deal the legal system after the fact.
So is it any wonder why people do not want to be a (Good Samaritan) these days!

And lastly... flyin-high

It would be nice if you started to post your own opinions on the forums and stop “quoting” one line from other people’s posts and stop responding with your (One liners) that are out of context.

If you had actually follow the discussion you would have known that we are discussing the lack of morality of people of this county who don’t want to get involved in a situation to help someone that is in need of help because of the fear of personal injury or out of the fear of facing prosecution from the legal system for attempting to do the morally right thing.

Ok that’s my rant.
I’m now done with this topic.

Cheers
 paladin_

Posted: 11/25/2008 11:51:37 PM
You make a lot of sense my friend...

But the problem as I see it is that we live in a country where it is basically illegal to defend yourself or your fellow man against a criminal because they have more rights than you have.

And also the government and police encourage you not to take such actions into your own hands because you may face charges and jail time if you do so.

If a law abiding citizen on that bus would have taken out a gun and shot the attacker to stop a murder of a fellow man they would have been charged with multiple offences including unlawful possession and use of a fire arm.
They would also have been branded as a vigilantly and would likely go to jail for a few years and have their life destroyed by our (SO Called) justice system for trying to do the right thing.

When our politicians and police take this kind of stance and don’t take matters seriously one tends to only lose faith in our system.

Some days this really makes me sad and ashamed to be a Canadian…
 paladin_
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2008 3:30:55 PM
I think I you would have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident then getting murdered on a greyhound bus.
Every week in Winnipeg we hear in the news of someone getting killed or badly hurt because a drunk driver or by some punk in a stolen car.
 paladin_
Msg: 40 (view)

obama wins, what do you think
Posted: 11/11/2008 2:13:35 PM
^^^Well last time I checked I was from the planet earth but who knows...LOL
But there are times when I would like to do what Peter Warren used to say years ago on CJOB … “Stop the world because I want to get off it.”

It’s nice to see things changing in the world and for the most part I think it’s for the better.
It’s already happening Canada. Same sex marriage and a Prime minister who is from Western Canada and not from Ontario or Québec.
 paladin_

The Tragedy of Phoenix Sinclair .......
Posted: 11/11/2008 1:36:03 PM
[/my understanding is that they didnt close her file... they lost it.]

I wonder where CFS lost her file?
Perhaps on one of their Caribbean cruses or on one of their vacations to Mexico
(pay for in full by the tax payer)

I going to have to agree with deranged on this one (not something I do often LOL)

9 times out of 10 when CFS gets involved they end up doing more damage than Good.
And when they should get involved Like in this case of Phoenix Sinclair
They either won’t do anything or they can’t because of political/racial reasons.

A year and a half ago I met a girl from POF that worked for CFS up north. Part of Her job was to drive a young mother whom was 4 mouths pregnant and who was an alcoholic to AA meetings.
She was told by her boss that if this young mother wanted to stop at the liqueur store on the way home and buy alcohol that it would also be part of her jobto do so. She was also told by her Boss that if she refused to stop at the liqueur store she would be fired.
Last I heard she no longer works for CFS
 paladin_
Msg: 37 (view)

obama wins, what do you think
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:03:34 PM
If I could have voted I would have voted for Obama. Not because he is a democrat or African American, I would have voted for him because he was the better person for the job. No offence to john McCain but he struck me as a tired burnout old man who was living in the past.

It’s also nice to see the younger voters start to put racial issues aside. I just hope that young people of the world from all backgrounds and religions will start doing the same and come to realize that we are all members of the human race.

Cheers
 paladin_
Msg: 41 (view)

Mother & son go after attacker
Posted: 8/24/2008 12:02:39 PM
This is an interesting topic, lots of good opinions here and some realy realy points about safety and why kids should not be out late at night on their own.

I think that this mother should get the (mother of the year award).
Yes I know she got stabbed and could have been killed.
But who knows what this guy would have done to her child? After all He did have a knife. He might have ended up sexually assaulting and murdered her or child?

I don’t think the police will lay and charges in this case because no jury will convict her.
In Canada you are allowed to use reasonable fore in self defense.
He had a knife! She had a pipe! A knife is considered more of a deadly weapon then a bludgeoning weapon is. And the fact that she stopped before she killed him shows restraint on her part and the use of reasonable force. And the fact that she got stabbed only will add to her case.

Here is a point that no one has brought up yet…

Just like the mother could have just run inside her house and called the police
What about this guy??? He could have ran away also!!!
He could have chosen to run away from this angry mother who was brandishing a steel pipe, but instead he decided to pull out a knife and chose to fight her. So in a way it’s his own bloody fault he got the crap beaten out of him.

What ever side you want to look at it from I really hope that everyone can look at this event and learn A lessen from it.
 paladin_
Msg: 3 (view)

What's In a Bra ... ???
Posted: 8/21/2008 10:23:54 AM
You could probably make one heck of a big double barrel sling shot out of it that could hurl large boulders.
 paladin_
Msg: 13 (view)

Guns In Schools
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:14:59 AM
"going teacher"

The Lesson By Roger McGough

Chaos ruled OK in the classroom
as bravely the teacher walked in
the nooligans ignored him
hid voice was lost in the din

"The theme for today is violence
and homework will be set
I'm going to teach you a lesson
one that you'll never forget"

He picked on a boy who was shouting
and throttled him then and there
then garrotted the girl behind him
(the one with grotty hair)

Then sword in hand he hacked his way
between the chattering rows
"First come, first severed" he declared
"fingers, feet or toes"

He threw the sword at a latecomer
it struck with deadly aim
then pulling out a shotgun
he continued with his game

The first blast cleared the backrow
(where those who skive hang out)
they collapsed like rubber dinghies
when the plug's pulled out

"Please may I leave the room sir?"
a trembling vandal enquired
"Of course you may" said teacher
put the gun to his temple and fired

The Head popped a head round the doorway
to see why a din was being made
nodded understandingly
then tossed in a grenade

And when the ammo was well spent
with blood on every chair
Silence shuffled forward
with its hands up in the air

The teacher surveyed the carnage
the dying and the dead
He waggled a finger severely
"Now let that be a lesson" he said
 paladin_
Msg: 79 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:55:22 AM
Re: attitude of the police

I was talking to one of my cop friends this weekend and of course this topic came up.
He said that the police differently have a more Aggressive and zero tolerant attitude toward outlaws today then they had 10-15 years ago.
He also said that it’s because the outlaws are a lot more Violent and Dangerous today then they were 15 years ago .
15 years ago it was unheard of in Winnipeg for someone to steel a car and run down joggers just for the fun of it, or have gangs doing drive by shootings on Portage Ave in broad daylight.
 paladin_

When Insults Had Class
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:17:02 AM
I would have gone to the proctologist if I wanted to deal with a pain in the a$$

I need this like I need a 2nd arsehole

If I wanted your opinion I would have gave to you.

You are always talking when you should be listening.

When god was handing out brains he thought he said trains and didn’t want one.

paladin_
Msg: 69 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 8/9/2008 2:15:45 PM
Just want to answer and e-mail somone sent me.

My aboriginal cosines were adopted by my Ant and Uncle.
One still lives in Winnipeg and She has a wonderful daughter.
The 2nd lives in Toronto and She is vary successful in the finical industry.
And the 3ed one… well He is in jail because he was driving a stolen car and he pointed a loaded un-registered Hand gun at a police officer and treated to Shoot and kill him.
but he was smart enuff to drop the gun and put his hands up when the police told him to.
 paladin_
Msg: 67 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 8/9/2008 5:44:29 AM
Narkle nice rant, well done!!

12one Im happy that we are starting to see eye to eye.

For the record I did not intend to sound racist… if anyone took offence then I apologize.

1. Did I not say in my last post that race was not the issue? But did I not say that it was this person Arrogances, Belligerents, and an out right defiant attitude towards the police and the LAW that had everything to do with it?

2. I agree that race should have never been an issue in the first place.
But however, what community’s leaders were the ones that held a news conference at the seen and played the race card in the first place? (I think we all know which leaders they are) and of course the media as well.
In my opinion they are the ones who are the true racist because they are the ones who brought it up in the first place!

Narkle, as for your opinion of my ignorance and stupidity for not being aboriginal, which means I have NO IDEA what these people have gone through.
Excuse me sir!
I work for the government and have been on several aboriginal culture awareness seminaries that was taught by aboriginal person who had a Harvard degree.
I am also Reiki practitioner and learned this skill from a reiki master in Brandon who was also aboriginal.
I have also been to many sweet loges over the years and I also have 3 cousins who are aboriginal that I grew up with since I was 6 years old!!! So I think I know a little bit about aboriginal culture Sir, So please don’t call me ignorant or stupid again!

12one,
I also have a few friends that are police officers and I can tell you exactly what their attitudes are.
Their attitudes to go to work every day and do their job just like everyone else does and collect a pay check at the end of the week.
Their job happens to be (To serve and protect the innocent and to uphold the LAW!!!)
I do not see how anyone with any bit of intelligence finds that so hard to understand.

I am not a racist, I just hate Idiots… and I hate them all equally.

paladin_
Msg: 7 (view)

sick and tired
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:00:25 PM
Well I guess threads can get deleted if they don’t conform to the Manitoba forum rules.
I just read though them and they seem fairly strateforward.

They can also get deleted if they go off topic. I have seen this happen many times.

What I am sick of seeing (trying to stay on your topic)

Is for example...
A person starts a tread and introduces a great topic for discussion.
The first few posts are good ones and on topic. And it dose not take long before someone makes a post without reading the topic of the tread and makes a post completely out of context as to what the original topic was.

Or by picking a line out of a post to “quote” and taking the rest of the post completely out of context and try's to start an argument with that person.

Or someone posts just for the sake of posting by making a sarcastic remark about someone’s post because they think they are being funny, but have nothing intelligent to say about the topic.

I think that is why threads get deleted and that also intimidates people into not participating.

I know from my past experiences I am going to think twice before I post ever again.

Cheers all
 paladin_

PETA, no Class
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:54:06 PM
Please do take this the wrong way but humans have been hunting fishing and trapping animals since 10,000 B.C. We have been herding cattle and sheep for more then 4000 years. It’s no different then cultivating wheat and barley. It’s called the circle of life.

However IV been a dog owner since I was 6 years old and have Zero tolerates for people who deliberately abuse animals.

PETA!!! On the other hand is an extreme left wing groupe of communists who are just like green peace And they are no different then the right wing anti abortionist or the white supremist Neo-Nazi groups.

They are all the same Because they all think that you should live your life by their set of values.

Extreme right … Extreme left … they are all the same just like the green party who will never form a government because 95% of us just don’t seem to see eye to eye with thies kind of Nut Jobs.

And I have No use for any of them.

thats it... im done with this and washing my hands of this topic
 paladin_
Msg: 2 (view)

PETA, no Class
Posted: 8/7/2008 3:38:46 PM
I will start with my opinion

For many years I thought that politicians were the lowest form of intelligent life on this planet.

PETA! you make them look like rocket scientists!

PETA! How Dare you!

PETA !!! You truly have No Class!!!
 paladin_
Msg: 1 (view)

PETA, No Class [Thread closed]
Posted: 8/7/2008 3:35:05 PM
Has anyone heard the latest ad from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and how they are using the Murder of Tim McLean to promote their agenda?

Do you think PETA actions are okey? (yes)

Or do you think that PETA has No Class? (No)

Personally this makes me sick to my stomach.
I think this is one of the greatest insults I have seen in my life.
The McLean family is going thought a hard time right now and now this extremists show up and add insult to injury.

Your Comments please.

PETA ad compares Greyhound bus attack to slaughtering animals

An animal rights group has posted an ad on its website comparing the recent stabbing and decapitation of a young Winnipeg man to how humans kill animals for food.

06/08/2008 8:29:14 PM

CBC News

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said the advertisement is meant to make people understand how animals suffer when they are killed in slaughterhouses. The group posted the imageless advertisement on its blog site Wednesday.

"PETA's ad...is meant to spur people to think about the terror and pain experienced by animals who are raised and killed for food. The group aims to demonstrate that animals - just like humans - are made of flesh, blood, and bone and deserve protection from needless killing," said a statement on PETA's website, also posted Wednesday.

Tim McLean, 22, was stabbed and then beheaded by a fellow passenger as the two rode an eastbound Greyhound bus across Manitoba last Wednesday. The man accused of second-degree murder, Vince Weiguang Li, allegedly engaged in cannibalism during the attack, which occurred just west of Portage la Prairie.

Designed using large, bold type, the ad compares McLean's struggles to those endured by an animal being slaughtered for its meat. It then refers to Li's alleged act of cannibalism before saying, "It's still going on!"

In its statement, PETA said it intended to run the notice in the Portage Daily Graphic, the local newspaper in Portage la Prairie, Man. PETA also sent out a news release to major media outlets across Canada announcing its plan to run the ad in the Manitoba paper, according to a story on the newspaper's website Wednesday.

The paper's publisher Barry Clayton, however, said the advertisement is in bad taste and will not be allowed to run.

PETA acknowledges in the ad itself that the notice may be offensive to some, but spokesman Bruce Friedrich said the goal is to inspire people to think about what they can do to stop violence against animals.

"We can't do anything to bring Tim back or bring his family relief from their suffering. But all of us can ask what we personally can do to decrease our support for this sort of violence," Freedrick said.

PETA said it will discuss later this week whether to attempt to run the ad in other publications.

paladin_
Msg: 63 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:21:30 PM
12one,

Race had nothing to do with it!!!

But this persons Arrogances, Belligerents, and an out right defiant attitude towards the police and the LAW!!! Had everything to do with it!!!

Sorry I am just getting sick and tired of all this crap, its time to call the spade a spade and call the kettle black.
 paladin_
Msg: 69 (view)

Grey Hound bus killing
Posted: 8/7/2008 2:14:33 AM
Yes lets put this thread to bed.

In closing I would like to say We can all debate, argue and point the finger until we are blue in the face.

We can all talk about how we need more security, more screening, Weapons checks. And we can say “Well if he did this” or “If she did that” and what the heck lets ad in more Gun control for the sake of it… and Blah Blah Blah.

One thing for sure is This is one of lifes "what just happened? incidents" and there was nothing anyone could have done about it.
It’s just like Sept 11 or the 1975 wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Anger, Misguided Emotions and Politics will solve this problem as much as it will bring the victim back to life.

RIP Tim McLean.
You will be missed.
 paladin_
Msg: 61 (view)

abuse of authority
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:00:36 AM
Another dead Indian? Or one dead dumb Indian. that is the question.

I agree with ChuckNorris1, this guy beat up pregnant woman and she had a miscarrage and lost her baby because of the attack. This guy also beat the crap out of two 11 year old boys the same day. ( real tuff guy eh)

There is no doubt in my mind that this little punk (who likes to beat up women) was as RUDE, IGNORANT and as BELLIGERENT to the winnipeg police as humanly possible.
And he most likely challenged the police to a fight because he thought he was A tuff a$$, bad a$$ mother f-er Gangster boy.

Well I guess he found out just how tuff he really was.

And just like his uncial J.J. Harper ,If he would have put his hands up in the Air and surrendered to the police the worst thing that would have happened to him would have been to spend the night in the Drunk Tank and then he would have been sent home next day (alive an well).
 paladin_

Friday May 23 - BAJA BEACH CLUB - The Forks
Posted: 5/22/2008 1:13:22 PM
I will try to make it out after work around 6:30
 paladin_
Msg: 8 (view)

When Insults Had Class
Posted: 4/25/2008 1:29:34 AM
Not sure if this had any class to is but its funny as heck.

the word ( DILLIGAF )

here is a link to a what it means by Kevin Bloody Wilson .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxmUKVrT0iI

Iv used this one at work a few times. LOL
 paladin_
Msg: 7 (view)

teen killed by pellet gun; why this response?
Posted: 3/12/2008 10:31:46 AM
Basicaly the way I see it... The morel of this story is when you brake the law people can get hurt and or lose their life.

We have laws in Canada for a reason... one of those reasons is personal safety.
when you brake the law not only do you put yourself in danger but you also put others in danger as well. The person who brakes the law is the one who is 100 % responsible for whatever happens.
 paladin_
Msg: 2 (view)

When Insults Had Class
Posted: 2/14/2008 9:25:13 AM
How about thies ones

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln

"He is lucky that his father was born before him"

"You are just like school in the summer time ... No class"

Show ALL Forums