Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Kisssin Game.
 lily47
Msg: 9 (view)

The Kisssin Game.
Posted: 1/19/2009 10:14:01 AM
wow - at least hello and good bye ...........i have a real problem with this , because if i like to kiss and if a man i am dating is sitting next to me at the bar or walking with me, there are moments when I just want to lean over and kiss him. But, what do men think about that ............is it okay - to just lean in and give a quick kiss in the middle of a conversation?
 stargazer lily
Msg: 48 (view)

OTTAWA - CARD & GAME NIGHT NOVEMBER 10, 2007
Posted: 11/9/2007 6:33:40 PM
Hi - Still not sure what to bring :

I assume it is BYOB.

Do you need paper plates and cutlery?

Or would you prefer ? Meatballs ? or fruit and dips?

Any one want Scattergories or Cribbage ( smaller 3 person board) or Disney trivia?

Check back later - Stargazer Lily
 stargazer lily
Msg: 6 (view)

Ottawa POF Backwards Bash September 14th, 2007 at Greenfields
Posted: 8/21/2007 4:50:49 PM
THe bus is easy to Barrhaven - Take the 95 to Fallowfield statiion and then transfer to either a 170 local west or 186 rideau and ask the driver to let you off at the Barrhaven Mall cross street Larkin.

It is also only about a $5 cab ride from Fallowfield station.
 lily3
Msg: 316 (view)

What Women should never wear on a date
Posted: 2/14/2007 4:28:14 PM
Ok Ladies ............Let's help the guys out .

What should men not wear on a date?

- white socks pulled to their knees with Sandle
- a 70's leisure suit - the polyester kind in lilght colours
- the sneakers and clothes they mow the lawn in
- speedos!
 lily3
Msg: 79 (view)

Best Drink Ever
Posted: 2/1/2007 8:14:32 PM
Chocolate Monkey,

Hot chocolate with a shot of Banana Liqueur and Whip cream. ummmmmmm.,
 lily3

Need Help Cooking for Valentine's Day
Posted: 1/30/2007 4:20:35 PM
Nothing better than fondue - main course can be thin strips of fondue beef in a sauce and dessert has to be a milk chocalate fondue with lots of great fruit -try pieapple and chinese pears along with the usual strawberries and cherries. ummmmmmmmm - Now to find someone to share it with, ........
 lily3
Msg: 208 (view)

A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 1/21/2007 2:41:34 PM
I have a few extra pounds,. only because the men I have met had expected me to have the body of a twenty year old . At 45 and after having children that is not possibl. Surprise - I am actually the average size for a woman in my age bracket. Putting a number on my weihgt, will not tell the reader where that weight is distributed on my body anyways.
 lily3
Msg: 26 (view)

coping with the hardest decision of my life.
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:05:41 AM
Both of you should sit down with a mediative family lawyer before you make any decisions ...or pormises !
 lily3
Msg: 33 (view)

OTTAWA SINGLES EVENT SATURDAY JANUARY 20, 2007
Posted: 1/21/2007 8:59:14 AM
Was out again,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the Music was great as usual. Left at midnight - so I guess I missed the brawl,(too bad that had to happen).

Thanks Socialites for bringing a bit of clubbing out to Barrhaven - sure beats the trip downtown ! Congrats on the unreal turnout!
 lily3
Msg: 7 (view)

OTTAWA SINGLES EVENT SATURDAY JANUARY 20, 2007
Posted: 1/3/2007 5:56:36 PM
Uh-oh - someone remind what bands were around in the 80's ? LOL.........and the clothes were..................I may have to google it !
 lily3
Msg: 67 (view)

How to deal with heartbreak of ending a marriage?
Posted: 1/1/2007 4:05:13 PM
Has anybody else noticed , that in the first post he asks how to end the marriage and implies he is still with here, while on his profile it says seperated ?????

Maybe he should try talking to her about it first - maybe he's never told her what he wants.
 lily3
Msg: 4 (view)

So You Think You Can Dance...? (-;
Posted: 11/9/2006 7:03:42 PM
Love to dance, but lilke to have a little space to move around.

The new dancing pick up is interesting..............(being out of the dating loop for 19 years - it was a huge surprise!)
 lily3
Msg: 31 (view)

women and why they think men should buy everything ????
Posted: 11/2/2006 4:49:29 PM
The last guy I went out with and the last time I went out with him, was because he asked me out to Dinner to celebrate his birthday, and then disappeared in the bathroom for half an hour when the bill showed up. He could not understand why I put a quick end to the date, nor wanted to go into his place for a night cap. It should be noted that this was the first time he had asked me out to dinner, after he had been to my home for food and beverage a few times. Not too mention he asked me to pick him up and do the driving that night too............
Geez, I had even given him a birthday present.

I you ask someout - you should expect to pay. If you want to have her pay her share ( like the infamous Timmies date ) then ask her to meet you somewhere and be clear up front you are going dutch.
 lily3
Msg: 257 (view)

Who loves it when a man ACTUALLY sings to you?
Posted: 11/2/2006 4:39:19 PM
As long as he has a good voice. Nothing like a quiet song while waltzing.
 lily3
Msg: 27 (view)

OTTAWA, FALL FLING PARTY, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10TH, 2006
Posted: 11/2/2006 4:37:26 PM
Southwest corner behin Merival and Huntclub - just in a block or so, right?

Lots of parking in and around - Was a good time last time !
 lily3
Msg: 23 (view)

Your EMOTIONAL RETREAT.......
Posted: 10/11/2006 7:39:17 PM
Odd as it sounds - it is either cleaning out a closet or a real old movie or Robert Cray in front of the fire with a cocoa and something sweet ( depends how late it is - and if I have done too much cleaning lately). Frustation can make me clean alot !
 lily3
Msg: 8 (view)

I Feel Like Im Too Old To Date Now
Posted: 10/3/2006 4:19:27 PM
I agree that noone os too old, but Ithink what she is bringing out, is she is attracting younger men, which she is not interested in and the older men? Where are they? Do they assume she is younger because of looks?
 lily3
Msg: 2 (view)

A Few Messages... Then Nothing... What's Going On?
Posted: 10/1/2006 5:36:24 PM
I have learned on the internet, that some fish in this pond just don't bother telling you when it isn't working for them.

Don't let it get to you and keep swimming!
 lily3
Msg: 28 (view)

Settling for 2nd best
Posted: 10/1/2006 5:30:42 PM
Is this why so many of the men over 45 say they are looking for long term? I was contacted by one that wanted to go from internet chat to a serious long term relationship, and another who wnated to make himself at home ( my home ) after two dates?? I said NO to both. Why can't men like it when we each lilve on our own?
 lily3

divorce sucks
Posted: 7/28/2006 7:58:44 PM
Don't waste money on lawyers - get a good objective mediator. Did you knowadivorce with kids and a home involved will take two years and about $18.000.00 CDN each ?

Start protecting your money and assets - since she is not working / she can hit you with spousal as well as support.
 lily3
Msg: 2 (view)

Interesting and Emotionally painful problem
Posted: 7/10/2006 2:56:29 PM
Your wife needs to seek further medical advice. Fibromalicia can be treated in a number of ways, and if she is still in constant pain after 12 years,she needs to consult other physicians. I have friends who have the condition and enjoy wonderful relationships. it is not a one cure fits all condition.
 lily3
Msg: 8 (view)

Why long walks on the beach?
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:50:25 PM
No beaches where I live - prefer a walk through a great park, or talking on the deck by candlelight after dark.
 lily3

what would b a good reason to not want to date someone
Posted: 7/6/2006 5:07:15 PM
No smokers ! Won't even finish reading the profile.
 lily3
Msg: 21 (view)

how do you know if they met someone else
Posted: 7/4/2006 5:54:43 PM
1) They stop calling / emailing / msning

2) They don't show up when they say they were going to.

3) They stop making those cute little passes at you.

Pretty big clues !
 lily3
Msg: 12 (view)

Just Why Do You Girls Love Motorcycles???
Posted: 6/24/2006 11:22:20 PM
There is something about a guy in leathers on a bike. So in control, but not controlled? Interesting noteabout the vibrations though?
 lily3
Msg: 42 (view)

holding hands on first date?
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:27:14 PM
I find it refreshing if a man is willing to show he is interested by reaching or asking to hold my hand . Walking in a the cold canadian winter in heels - I don't mind if he takes my arm, or puts his arm around me as we walk on the ice.

If for someone reason, I am not comfortable with it / then just step back or make a joke to stop it.

That precludes that he isn't grabbing , crushing or the hand is drifting to "less public" areas off course.

Many of us grow up in cultures , where being introduced to someonoe gets your hand held, a hug and two kisses on the cheek ( french or italian ). ! It is somewhat what you are used to !
 lily3
Msg: 16 (view)

How much information is necessary?
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:54:19 AM
Either say " We decided it was the best for the children. " Or " She didn't want them " whichever is true.
 lily3
Msg: 144 (view)

Is separated single?
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:56:41 AM
I understand snowflake ............I am in a situation where I obtained my religous divorce, but to get the civil divorce will cost me about $10,000 on top of the money already spent protecting my kids and fighting for child support ( 1.5 yrs and $10,000). He is on the second girlfriend in that time and living with her, yet everytime it is close to a court judgement - he stalls it or refuses to sign the final papers. I would rather spend this money on my children.

I don't think I or anyone else should punish me for something he refuses to finish. I would and will date a seperated man - but would wonder if he stayed that way after the mandatory year wait. At this point, I am not looking to remarry - so that isn't an issue.
 lily3
Msg: 7 (view)

can you love someone for just a moment?
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:58:56 AM
Isn't this question the same as the old saying =

Love the one you are with...............

You can have an infatuation for a moment, or a minute in time that stands still, maybe between you and ond someone you thought was only a friend.

Then you can "love" someone one - Love isn't sex - although the electricity of the two together is what I believe I most of hope for.

Loving someone may is accepting them for who they are and what they can give you, enjoying the times together ( with ot without sex). Sometimes it is just letting them know you will always be there. Love is still there when the relationship changes, it stays long after the moment.
 lily3
Msg: 64 (view)

Do men like to be pursued, or to pursue..and why??
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:50:15 AM
I tend to agree almost completely with Sexy and Brainy.

I have been back on the dating "scene" about six months, and have attended singles events locally. It is interesting to note that there are always a number of handsome men in my age bracket - who stand at the bar or one place alone ( without buddies ) either watching the dance floor or looking uncomfortable. They must have come to singles night to meet someone - right? They can't do it like that.

I guess I am really old school - because even in my 20's I wouldn't make the first move!

I am out to meet people, but I am old school and believe the man has to at least say Hello. It is easy on the dance floor , just come out and dance with me and my girlfriend and say "hi" , or better yet just ask me to dance !! Ask if you can join us at our table for a chat ( you then get to meet two women ! )

As per playing "hard to Get" . I don't play hard to get, but I am cautious with new people. I will give you an example = I give out my business number not my home number, I don't give out my last name as it is extremely distinct where I live. ( I would if it was smith or brown or something), and our first few meetings will be in public venues and I will drive myself there. At the same time - if not sleeping with you or groping you right away is "hard to get" - than I am guilty.

Pursueing ! That I would like a man to explain to me ! I have done what I though was nice gestures ; send a card or email thanking them, or a funny or flirty note, once a potted plant. These seem to get interperted as I am pushing ? Or they run scared? What happened to etiquette? Where a thank you is just a thank you, and a friendly gesture is because you would like to be a friend?
 lily3

get to know you on a computer?
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:55:22 PM
I find you can find out alot by chatting on line, hobbies, likes and dislilkes of anything. Plus I agree with country sugar, I want to know I am spending time meeting someone that I have some basic simialar interests with, or that at the very least, there is no misconception what we are looking for.

Show ALL Forums