Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Upcoming Election.... IN CANADA!
 kindirishman
Msg: 152 (view)

The Upcoming Election.... IN CANADA!
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:49:44 PM
Precisely my point. And no one was happy, I didn't say that that is what they need to get a majority. Read further into it before you shoot down my comment. Thank you.
 kindirishman
Msg: 150 (view)

The Upcoming Election.... IN CANADA!
Posted: 9/12/2008 4:16:49 PM
Like one of the other posters here, I totally agree with the comment made about "what a selection we have". Indeed it's not really much of a selection at all.

Harper: Sneaky, not open to debate or questioning. Secretive, back peddling, big business loving imbecile who doesn't give a crap about the Canadian people

Dion: Unsure of himself and his party, unable to make critical decisions, and quite frankly seems like he needs to hire a consultant to tell him how to tie his shoes.

Layton: Not a bad guy (as previously mentioned), great ideas, lack of direction, and forethought on how to implement his ideology.

Green Party Lady: ???????????

Ducepe: Let's face it, he doesn't even consider himself a Canadian

The fundamental problem with them all? It's that not one of them have a clearly defined policy or direction that would make the majority of this country happy. They have nothing to offer us to VOTE FOR THEM, only reasons to offer up to NOT VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY. They all lack the courage to stand up to big business, stop corporations from getting incredible subsidies that they do not need when they post billion dollar profits. They would much rather stick their head in a hole, throw their hands up in the air, and do nothing while the Canadian people suffer at the hands of Oil giants, corporate creepy crawlies, and a completely unregulated telecom industry. All the while collecting huge salaries, for doing what?? MANAGING a broken system. There's no heart, no soul, no desire for GREAT REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE. The Canadian people have seemed to have lost their voice. What we say, and what we want no longer matters to those that should be building this country into the best it possibly can be. Instead, we are left with leaders that bog down the governing body with minuscule, small ticket items that only a fraction of people may care about, if at all.

What Canada needs? A Prime Minister that understands what Canadians really wants, and takes the time to listen, instead of assuming they know and acting blindly. A PM that supports big business, but realizes that these companies do not need subsidies, grants, tax breaks, etc. (because you know who foots the bill for it all, not only are we paying the government for it, but the companies that receive these "perks" gouge us again). A PM that understands until we can successfully help ourselve, we could not possibly help others. (I'm all for humanitarian aid, but look after your own first). A PM that would be willing to model some aspects of this great country after others in Europe. Like France for thier social programs (second only to Denmark), Like England, for their NATIONAL public transit system that can get you virtually anywhere you want to go, even France. I could go on and on. I'm Just tired of having to vote against someone. I really, really, really want to vote FOR someone that I know will do a good job, and do everything in their power to KEEP EVERY SINGLE ELECTION PROMISE MADE. That's my piece. I don't care if anyone agrees or not.
 kindirishman
Msg: 4 (view)

Metabolism adjustment
Posted: 5/18/2008 8:25:48 PM
Thanks you. Will definitely take that advice and run with it. :)
 kindirishman
Msg: 37 (view)

If you could meet anyone
Posted: 5/18/2008 8:10:19 PM
I have a few that I would like to meet.

1. Bill Gates (just after he became rich and powerful)
2. Donald Trump (just after he became rich and powerful)
3. The makers of Google (just after they became rich and powerful)

All for the fact that I admire their ambition, and learn their secrets to success, should they have been willing to share their secrets.
 kindirishman
Msg: 1 (view)

Metabolism adjustment
Posted: 5/18/2008 7:56:16 PM
I have just recently started working out again after about 3 years of sedentary activity. I have been on a really intesive workout regimen of 70 minutes of cardio and 35 minutes of weight training 3 times a week, to shed the 30 lbs I have gained over the past 3 years. As of yet I have seen no weight loss, nor have I seen a decrease in my waste line. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have been working out for 2 weeks now and I would have thought at least 5 lbs lost would be possible. However, not an ounce has been shed. The long and short of it, how long does it typically take for a metabolism to speed up? HELP!
 kindirishman

Quitting my job
Posted: 10/30/2007 12:43:59 PM
Today is a bad day, I handed in my 2 weeks notice last night, and I'm worried what the reaction will be. I have left because I'm no longer happy where I am, and I haven't received the help I need to do my job, and the project I'm working on went horribly. My guess is that they were going to fire me anyway after the project (construction) was completed. The new job that I will have offers many more opportunities than the one I currently have. But I have been a loyal employee, and I'm finding it hard to leave, even second-guessing my decision. My boss hasn't received the letter yet, and I'm dreading how it will go when he does. I like everyone here but I feel it's time I left. But why do I feel so crumby? Has anyone else been in this situation? Have you ever left a job for another that you were uncertain you could manage? And how do I get rid of the sick feeling in my stomach? Anyway any advice on dealing with this situation would be greatly appreciated.
 kindirishman

Greedy Greedy BANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 3/25/2007 10:28:24 AM
My bank just kindly informed me that all fees for personal accounts are going up again this year, and they are charging for things they haven't charged before, like getting a bank statement from the teller. I wouldn't say too much if the increase wasn't so high. In fact it's 40% increase across the board. If you're a TD customer, be prepared for some pretty big increases. Tell me your thoughts about greedy bankers.
 kindirishman
Msg: 20 (view)

Gas Prices still a JOKE
Posted: 9/3/2006 12:01:33 PM
Kevlar,

I do happen to ride a bike, unfortunately I can't ride it 50kms to work and back again on the freeway, or I would. And moving closer to work isn't an option, neither is quitting. Think before you speak my friend. If I had a choice I would definitely rather take transit or ride a bike. But my career comes first, not going to quit my job just to save on gas. Cos odds are,I wouldn't get the same wages elsewhere.
 kindirishman

Gas Prices still a JOKE
Posted: 9/2/2006 2:35:55 AM
I am originally from Ontario, and having watched the news the other day, I really noticed a huge price difference in the Gas. I'm beginning to have a feeling that we are getting hooped out here for no reason. Especially when there's a 30 cent [rice difference. I hope all you gas station owners are proud of yourselves, but I'm on to your little game. It's just pretty sick that you can buy gas in Brampton for 76 cents a litre(population 200 000) where in Burnaby where I live it's still averaging $1.06 a litre. I'm extremely angry over this, and there isn't any justifiable reason for it either. Anyone with me? What are your thoughts on this subject.
 kindirishman
Msg: 2 (view)

Whats all the hype about the divci's code movie?
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:35:37 AM
It's not attacking Christian beliefs at all. That's why there's such an uproar about it. The Christian faith doesn't like anyone challenging it's doctrine, nor does any other religion. I am a believer in Chritianity, and I went to watch the film, it's merely about the possibility that Christ Could have theoretically had a wife and children with the woman Mary Magdeline. For all you christians out there that feel this is an actual attack on our faith, grow up, it's just a fictional movie, and book, that was made to entertain the idea, and the possibility of it actually being true, but the key word is entertaining, there is no way we can prove it true, or untrue. Please don't be ignorant and see it for what it is. A MOVIE.....FOR ENTERTAINMENT.
 kindirishman
Msg: 11 (view)

What kind of person are you intimidated by, afraid to date?
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:24:08 AM
Really attractive women are my hang-up as well. I have tried to initiate conversation a few times with some really attractive women that look like they would be easy to talk to, and as soon as I have said even hello, I get the "who are you and why do you think you can talk to ME!" look from them, and I'm not the type of guy that throws out cheezy lines to women, I merely expect civil conversation to see if it goes anywhere, but they all seem to think they're too damn good for me. Strange huh? And beautiful women wonder why they have problems finding a good man, they're shutting down the wrong ones! that's why lol But I remain good humoured about it, of course they make me nervous, and I fear that huge stab to the heart from "the look" but I keep trying, because one of these days I could be surprised, guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
 kindirishman
Msg: 3 (view)

what comedian do u think u resemble
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:13:27 AM
I bare no physical resemblance to Ryan Reynolds, but the dude has stolen every word that has been blurted out of my mouth the jerk!! lol If you're wondering who he is, he played Van Wilder, and was in Blade Trinity.
 kindirishman

what comedian do u think u resemble
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:13:22 AM
I bare no physical resemblance to Ryan Reynolds, but the dude has stolen every word that has been blurted out of my mouth the jerk!! lol If you're wondering who he is, he played Van Wilder, and was in Blade Trinity.
 kindirishman
Msg: 6 (view)

Do you think women gossip with each other on POF?
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:08:13 AM
You bet they do lol That's what all women do, it's their nature. Sorry just teasing :)
 kindirishman
Msg: 12 (view)

Boyfriend Moving
Posted: 5/28/2006 1:04:15 AM
His family wouldn't happen to be Jehovah's witnesses would they? And if they are, then you are surely doomed to see him leave and never return. I was married to the daughter of a Jehovah's Witness family, and they did nothing but torment us. And in the end, her family won her back into the religion, I'm not saying anything bad about the Witnesses, because I respect and admire some of them, but their beliefs don't allow for any such activity as you describe, nor will they rest until they see their own way. Strong moral beliefs they have, I just don't happen to agree with that one.
 kindirishman

Canadian Idol 4
Posted: 5/28/2006 12:53:05 AM
It's all a farce and a bunch of hype. Who wants to watch people that will be "Engineered" artists by the music machine, yes they do have true talent when it comes to singing, but they'll be just another corporate money grab from T-shirt and record sales. All about promotion, and I'm saddened that this is what the entertainment industry has resorted to. What ever happened to REALLY paying your dues? They should have to play clubs and events like the rest of us do. I don't watch the show, nor will I ever. It's all bubble gum pop music that will barely be remembered if at all in 10 years time.
 kindirishman

Any one have a drum kit to sell in the lower mainland? LOCKED!
Posted: 4/26/2006 10:35:52 PM
I'm looking for a drum kit, at least 6 pc or higher. Preferably Tama, but will accept any entries. All hardware and cymbals must be included.

Thanks.
 kindirishman
Msg: 28 (view)

Religion is a joke!
Posted: 4/26/2006 10:24:40 PM
sum1reel,

Can this theory of space time beginning be proven? No. It is theory, What happened before the begining of our univers then if "linear" time does exist? Think about it.
 kindirishman
Msg: 19 (view)

Religion is a joke!
Posted: 4/25/2006 10:51:37 PM
Part of the issue here is the thought or notion of time. What is time exactly and how is it calculated. You see Linear time is an invention of MAN, not god, so for you sum1reel, God does not necessarily have to have a beginning, nor any other matter, living, dead, in limbo or otherwise. There has always been matter, however the invention of linear time started with the existence of intelligent life (humans), for this is the only way we can understand things. We're born, we live, we die. All part of a time LINE in a natural life cycle. We can see it in all things, how long (long refering to lineal measurement) will a car last is one example. To believe in linear time as a constant, and unchangeable thing is folly, scientists themselves don't even believe in one set time. So if the earth is only 6000 years old, how many years are we really talking about, and is it really that important? We could be refering to a pluto year. or a jupiter year, and what about other dimensions that scientists say exist, how is time calculated there? And by whom. Really people, you have to set aside this silly notion of linear time, mostly because it only applies to earth time. It's hard for some to hear that matter has always existed, and perhaps God always existed, this is because they think in a linear mind set in regard to time itself, but the truth is, time in an essence does not exist, but we use it to measure our short lives and understand the environment around us. Just a thought for you. You can't deny the existence of God nor depend on Man's judgement of time. This thread is pointless, because nothing in it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
 kindirishman
Msg: 3 (view)

Religion is a joke!
Posted: 4/24/2006 11:15:16 PM
is that 6000 literal years, or "figurative" years. And as for radio carbon dating and the "theories" on how old the universe and the earth really are, how can you believe them, they aren't even close to accurate. Think ya better take a closer look before you judge, stories from the bible aren't put there entirely as fact, but as simple analogies for the purpose of explaining God and his teachings to ALL. Only a fool would take the Bible for 100% truth, but it's teachings can help us live better lives, all you have to do is try and you'll see that it does make a difference.
 kindirishman

CANADIAN FLAG IS NOT flying half mast!
Posted: 4/24/2006 11:10:07 PM
I heard about this. It really *isses me off, no respect for soldiers that put their lives on the line. I guess they weren't kidding when they said Harper was a George W Bush prodigy huh?
 kindirishman
Msg: 7 (view)

Do you belive in ghosts and spirits........
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:14:48 PM
I don't believe in ghosts and such phenomenon in the conventional sense, that is I don't believe that an entity can exist with out some sort of containment unit (physical body of some kind) and an intellectual presence doesn't seem like it could exist without and organised containment unit such as a brain. However, perhaps there are things we don't know about the physical world yet that could allow for such an existence, an energy force that exists in humans can exist outside the physical body. It seems unlikely, but I have seen some strange things happen, and have disturbed me in a way. I would love to know if an intelligent entity can exist without a physical body. So I guess you could say that I believe," sort of".
 kindirishman

The difference from You and yer siblings?
Posted: 4/3/2006 11:52:26 PM
I'm the sane one...................
 kindirishman

Where's the trust?
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:48:10 PM
Well Vanilla,

How "newly" divorced are you? Because that can play a huge part in having trust issues. The wounds could still be too fresh to start thinking about dating, and the trust issues are a part of that. It took me 5 1/2 years to get over my trust issues. In the end, a lot has to do with time. It took me a while to realise that anyone else that I am with shouldn't bare the after effects of a past relationship, I reasoned it to be unfair. A good way to get to trust someone is just giving them little tests. If they can pass the little ones, step up to the next level. All about baby steps. No one can just leap in head first and put all their trust out there on the first go round. Take your time, and remember that the person you are with isn't your EX and that they deserve a fair chance.
 kindirishman

Our Natural Exercise
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:46:22 PM
Not sure if you could quite call it natural, but I get a really good workout from playing my drums, sometimes for hours, have never had a workout wear me down quicker than a 4 hour session on the skins. But I do like hiking, as for mental wellness I live by one simple thought:

People or things don't MAKE a person angry, they CHOOSE to be angry at what they observe, hear etc. So I choose very carefully what is worth getting angry over to me and I go from there.

As for spirituality, i'm pretty light on the subject, but I think that as long as you're kind to others and try to be a well rounded person, you feel secure with yourself, making your spiritual centre balanced. Mental fitness? again not sure if it's natural, but I like designing cars, and reading old literature, that make me a nerd? lol
 kindirishman

Toronto.....what can ya' tell me about it????
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:37:47 PM
Looking for a good time in T.O.? Better be prepared to fork over the dough, women want nothing to do with you there unless you're loaded. I know cos I used to live there. Most are arrogant, and some even almost gag if ya look at em. As for good things to go see, the Scarborough Bluffs, CN Tower of course, Royal Ontario Museum, Ontario Science Centre, many live theatre venues, and plenty going on at the ACC ( Air Canada Centre). Anywhere downtown is cool really, cheque out the old architecture of University of TO or Queen's Park. Don Valley park is cool too. Mini Indy on the 401. Just look around dude, plenty to do and see. But as for women, don't expect freebies, will cost ya large in the bar if ya go.
 kindirishman
Msg: 26 (view)

What's your thoughts on a new political party in Canada?
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:51:30 PM
Unskilled labourers work just as hard as any doctor or lawyer or any other over inflated salary professional. The only difference between the two may be intellect. However the AMOUNT of work is equal. I say this because I used to be an unskilled labourer, and I worked for 4 years straight, litterally, not one day off, no vacation, no weekends, 100% full for 4 years. I worked a MINIMUM of 14 hours a day. So this Idea that a labourer doesn't work as hard or deserve as much as a doctor, that's a joke, after all, if we didn't have unskilled labour, or even "trades" people in the work force, where would the rich doctors get their million dollar homes, or get their fancy cars?? It all comes from labourers, look everywhere and you'll see the EQUAL importance that labourers skilled and unskilled affect the world. Without them, society would indeed crumble to nothing. I am now a "PROFESSIONAL", and I may not have went to university to get there, but I put in just as much effort, if not more than someone with rich parents that could afford to send their children to university. You can't argue that. And as for others saying that they want to keep their hard earned money, then, for a start, make everyone healthier, stop feeding people unhealthy foods, outlaw smoking, and any other strain we have on our healthcare system, we dump billions into healthcare for people to continue to abuse thier bodies. You could get some of your hard earned cash back if you did that, a socialist government could offer that. And if the huge salaries for doctors and lawyers were not in existence, perhaps we could get people that really love what they do and do it for genuine reasons other than the all mighty buck, we would have waaayyy better professionals in those areas as well as many others. And as it stands, a majority of all professionals are in it for the money, not because they love what they do. Take professional athletes for instance, they don't deserve the huge salaries, it's a game and they should be playing for the passion of it, not the buck.

Regarding the equality of people, it is not a sham, I know people than may not have as high an intellect as I do, but one thing is for sure that they could fix my car better than I ever could, so I see them as equal, they get my respect, as does anyone that slaves themselves to survive every day, and perception? What the heck does that have to do with equality, I percieve things differently than you do, does that make me intellectually inferior? I think not, and then there's the issue of drive. I know many people that have a really low drive, but they have some of the brightest minds I have come across. The person who posted last really should have thought about what they were saying. And as a former labourer turned professional, I resent the comments made, because I came from the other side of the fence, and I can see the working world from both sides, I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and frankly wouldn't have it any other way. It has made me wiser and have respect for anyone who lives life without regret, with the ability to see that being selfish and hoarding my wealth is foolish, and not the quality I would like to see in what our society deems a "good" citizen.
 kindirishman
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2006 1:20:59 AM
What's wrong with distributing wealth evenly, every one in the country has the right to the same priveledges and freedoms as the next, uneven distribution of wealth destroys that notion. And as for failing time and time again? Think again, it is true that taxation would be high, but everyone would have a place to live, food in their stomachs and still afford a modest amount of luxury, take a look at Denmark, they are a prime example how a socialist/democratic mix can be absolutely perfect. And the freedom of speech thing was not my intent to incite hatred, merely just be able to say what you want when you want, I do it anyway regardless of Law, I am my own person, and entitled to my opinions, and should be allowed to express my opinions on anything, such as this forum is part of that, I shouldn't be attacked and ridiculed for saying what I think. For I do it to no one else. People have to come off their high horse and realise that not everything they say or think is right, or politically correct, I am merely stating an opinion, and not trying to offend anyone in doing so, it's a shame that I can't do this without scorn. I guess people just don't like new ideas, or thoughts even, it initiates change, which most people are scared to death of. I'm through with this forum, didn't expect it to get so nasty, and aimed toward me.
 kindirishman
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2006 6:04:25 PM
Has absolutely nothing to do with money, or women, lol I don't think a socialist party would have any effect on that. But I do believe that a socialist party would be far more efficient, and as for social programs, we need them, the quality of life for a country's residents should be paramount, and at the moment, they are marginal at best. I will comment further as I learn more about it, as I said, I've just recently taken up an interest in it, and have entertained the thought. Democracy is dead, a hollow shell of what it's supposed to represent, prime example is the "freedom of speach" law, it has "exceptions". You should be able to say what you want when you want and to whom ever you want, that's what TRUE freedom of speach is. Better go, temper flairing up.
 kindirishman

Posted: 3/21/2006 12:54:18 AM
I have been tossing around the idea in my head of perhaps starting a Socialist-based, PLEASE NOTE "BASED"!! politcal party, I think I have some pretty good ideas, just need someone to listen, and perhaps elaborate and share their ideas, and who knows, become a new political party. Because at the present time our "democracy" idea isn't working, in fact I have started to think that it's a "falsified" ideal that is no longer being lived up to. Any thoughts or supporters of a semi-socialist party are welcome to post their thoughts. As of course anyone else with an opinion. Have at 'er lol
 kindirishman

Profile Pet Peeves
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:42:37 AM
The general lack of honesty for most profiles is my first peeve. I mean, everyone says they're outgoing, highly unlikely. Everyone says they're honest, down to earth bla bla bla bla bla. Isn't there genuine honesty out there anymore. Out of the some 400 plus profiles I've read, I would have to say that maybe 10 out of the whole lot actually sounded truthful and unique, perhaps even genuine. Which brings me to my next peeve, people virtually copying others' profiles, maybe worded a little differently but essentially the same, drives me nuts. I had people recommend how I could change my profile, and after I heard what they suggested, I found that my profile was satisfactory, cos it was different, and for that reason only. It may not be the best out there, but it's who I am. In short a lack of HONESTY and ORIGINALITY are my two main gripes about almost every profile.
 kindirishman

Church History At A Glance!
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:14:31 PM
I have no idea when the next reformation will happen, but I agree that it has to be soon, I am a "believer" but have not set foot in a church in years. The reason being that every single one I went to I found that there was more hypocrasy in the churches than there was outside of it. Prime examle is the Crucifix, which has taken on an "IDOLISTIC" form, along with statues of Mary Christ and many others, when the bible specifically points out that IDOLATRY is wrong. Ritualism is also a problem, especially in the catholic church, where there is ritual for almost everything, like confession, which is to be done to GOD not any of his deciples, and the Hail Mary prayer, the communion prayer, all have threads of ritual to them and should they not be questioned? I don't know, I believe in God and do my best to live by his teachings, and until I see people in churches practicing what they preach, and being the loving neighbours they are supposed to be, I will not set foot in a church. Heck, I didn't even get married in a church lol Anyway, those are my thoughts. Sorry if they offended anyone. I will not go on any further, but anyone wishing to continue this discussion further, I invite you to message me, because it is a worthy topic to converse over.
 kindirishman

Ok, I have to ask this......
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:45:59 PM
I have had it happen a few times, and to be honest, I don't reply to them, purely for the fact that they either don't pay any attention to what they read or just didn't bother to. It shows a complete lack of "personal" interest on their behalf and purely messaged me based on how they rated my picture. I want someone that will actually take interest in what I wrote, someone that wants to get to know ME not just my photo. You're not the only one Maddy, frustrating and a bit agrivating isn't it?
 kindirishman
Msg: 11 (view)

Here is a thought
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:26:39 PM
FINALLY lol someone that understands what I'm talking about. Interesting way of looking at people isn't it?
 kindirishman

Here is a thought
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:42:15 PM
andie, that's kind of what I was hinting at. Anyone agree even remotely with what I said, or can you even understand it? or have an INTERESTING thought about it?
 kindirishman

Here is a thought
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:28:55 PM
People say that they know exactly who they are.....but do they. If you really think about it, there are many parts to one's personality, the angry side, the jealous side, the happy side, the defencive side, the vulnerable side etc. But wich one of those personality parts actuall rule the individual? Or is it a combination of all of those things in a certain mix that make us who we are? I believe that in most cases it possibly could. But think of each one of those "sub-personality" traits and view them each as an individual. You almost have to in a sense. Because first of all, you are definitely not the same person when you're by yourself you express yourself freely, even in talking to yourself, and let's face it, everyone does it. Or the angry self, or the happy self. All would do things in such a manner that would conflict with the other or in the very least be completely different reactions to the same situation. I feel that none of us truely know who we are, because at the very basic core of us all there are only a few main personalities that dictate who we are in that moment. The first being the "social" self, then, the "private" self, and the "primal" self. All three of these interact with each other to produce what we think is a single individual, but is it really? I dunno, was just a crazy thought on a long drive to work, it seemed like an interesting thought at the time, perhaps I should have had coffee first though lol Tell me what y'all think.
 kindirishman

If you Could Exchange Beer For Something... What Would It Be?? lol
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:10:14 AM
Scotch or Brandy, maybe even Bourbon. But not the cheap stuff. 18 year Glenlivet prefferably.
 kindirishman

Best First Date meeting story
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:46:50 PM
We met at my place, we said around 11 am, she showed up at 9!! I still had shaving cream on half my face and my hair was all over, and still in jammies, and I answered the door. She immediately laughed and appologised, was a good ice breaker apparently lol
 kindirishman

HELP ME PLEASE WITH PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:36:41 PM
Hey dude,

I only have a few suggestions, cos I'm still refining my profile as well. But perhaps list some hobbies that you like to do, places you'd like to go, and perhaps some talents that you have. A little humour doesn't hurt either. And as for your ideal date section, try to change it up a bit, sound a lot like many other profiles, including womens. Think of something original and cool. Good try, seems like you know what you want to say, but just a little to shy to say it. Or modest even. And as for your photos, try to get some of you smiling up there. You're a "bigger" dude, and women dig big teddy bears, but not one that looks grumpy if you get me. But all in all, not to bad for the first go 'round. Oh, one last thing, VOCABULARY....use some bigger words dude. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just saying you could say the same things you said with a better choice of words and sound more intelligent. Good luck man.
 kindirishman
Msg: 10 (view)

Who writes first?
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:29:46 PM
Hearts, you shouldn't put all of us men in the same pile. I for one am not hormone driven. I'm far too intellectual for that sort of thing, I take a look at the entire profile before sending messages to anyone. If they haven't got a brain their head, and their profile is like soooo many of the generic ones on here I don't go near 'em. I'd much rather be able to have an intelligent conversation over staring at ta ta's all night or oogling over how hot my date is. I do admit that physical attraction has to be there, but my definition of attractive may not suit another's. That being said, I prefer someone who is pretty, yes, beautiful, yes, average, yes. Most of the ones that are considered "hot" on this site look like they just stepped off the bus from skank camp. Conservative, natural beauty is my bag. Anyway sorry for the rant. Just have to let it be know that generalisation of on sex or another is uncouth for anyone to do.
 kindirishman

What to do with SPARE TIME.........and stay out of Trouble
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:12:32 PM
Spring break shouldn't just be for young people, I say plan a trip of your own, get out and see some sights, do some partying of your own, I don't necessarily mean drink your face off, but take that time to enjoy yourself. You may feel idle and bored, but you have the best tool for finding something to do right in front of you, the computer, look at your towns local events, maybe you'll see something of interest that you would like to do, or perhaps a cool trip. Who can really say, you have to figure out what it is you'd like to do for that week, if money's tight, a hike in the park would be great, or even an early camping trip. Lots of things to do, just have to chose. Hope ya have some fun while the kiddies are away. Shame to waste all that time bruding on what you could have done or thought of doing and didn't. Cheers.
 kindirishman

Who writes first?
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:06:14 PM
Been my experience that men write first. Why do I say that? It's because any and all contact that I've had with women on this site has been from my initial contact. I think women still like to be chased, and most guys don't mind chasing, but for once I'd like to be the one with a surprise email in his inbox.
 kindirishman

City meets country... how can it ever work?
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:42:40 PM
I think it depends on the type of "country" you're talking about. I was raised as a country boy in rural Ontario, had lived in a town of no more than 3500 people until 6 months ago, and I haven't been pegged as country yet. But I'm a self concious country boy, who is more in tune with the world around me than my country bretherin. I think that if you are a refined person, who isn't ignorant ei "country bumpkin" there should be no problem when city meets country. I'm well knowledged in worldly things, I do not listen to country music, and I'm quite interested in the city life. So I guess it really depends on how you put yourself forward. So I think that country and city can meet just fine on all levels. There shouldn't be a division, and I feel strongly about that. Because I may be from the country, and I admit I prefer the lifestyle, but I can't be cast into the same pile as many other country "folk".
 kindirishman

What would you do???
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:20:25 PM
I think that you were absolutely right in letting the children go over and visit with him, and your b/f did the right thing by saying something to your ex. Nothing you did was wrong, as I would have done the same. You may be angry on the inside that things went the way they did, and perhaps the children were just glad to see their father, thus didn't say anything. And if that was the end of contact that they have for a while, it will be him they look down upon. And deservedly so, he after all will be the one they blame for not wanting to see them, and you won't be the bad guy. You can't force your ex of course to see the children, and they may be hurt in the end by all this, but at least they will know where things really stand. You handled the situation very well, and in the correct manner. No sense in airing dirty laundry in public if you get me. The only thing left to do now is to see whether or not he will take the initiative to see the children again. If he doesn't then it's his loss. It sound as though your children are doing just fine without him anyway, and your b/f seems like a stand up guy who cares. I wouldn't worry about the incident too much. Time will lay everything on the table. Just do the best you can, and make sure you make the right choices to show the children you are trying to do your best by them, and the will love you for it. Keep going, and let the ex miss out. He'll regret it in the end.
 kindirishman

It seems that there's still something wrong my profile, please review and critique at will
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:29:52 PM
It appears that there is definitely something still not quite right with my profile. I don't know if it's what I wrote or my pictures or a combination of the two, but I'm getting little to no traffic, in fact lately (the past 2 weeks) there's been nothing going on. Perhaps a few more tips would help. So please feel free to pick it apart and let me know what's wrong. Thanks.
 kindirishman

Turn back Time...
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:26:07 PM
I think if I could turn back time I would follow my teachers' advice to go to university. I think I was the only person in my highschool that got the highest grades over all that didn't go to post secondary of some sort. I feel I let all my amazing teachers down, and I would have loved to study music, my first passion in life.
 kindirishman
Msg: 19 (view)

does someone's job really matter?
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:19:58 AM
Star, I do admit that it does happen to women as well, but you may agree that more often than not it's men that get the brunt of it. And what you do is commendable, definitely worth being noted. It's hard enough to look after yourself and go to school, but to have children on top of that and still keep your head above water is even harder. So cudos to you and anyone else out there with that much drive. Your job definitely doesn't matter. You're providing for you and yours, and getting something accomplished. My hat off to you :)
 kindirishman
Msg: 16 (view)

does someone's job really matter?
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:57:07 PM
A lot of women on dating sites such as this one tend to think a man's career or lack thereof is important. Which is rediculous, I tell everyone I talk to that I'm in construction, and they instantly think I'm some dim witted oaf on the end of a hammer. I of course was there at one point, but rather than going to college and wasting all that money, I am now a project manager (yes...suit, tie, the whole 9) and have a successful career, so please ladies, don't assume too much until you hear the whole story. The type of job doesn't matter, it's the fact that you have one and can support yourself.
 kindirishman
Msg: 25 (view)

Ever forget that you had a date one evening??
Posted: 3/1/2006 1:16:03 AM
Ok, I think I really opened up a can of worms here lol But ya asked for an update so here it is. We rescheduled, and I told her about my snaffoo, she totally understood, we had a nice breakfast date, well it was a breakfast date that turned into an all day and part of the night date, planning another one real soon. And I think some of you that have posted on this forum totally misunderstood me, or think that I'm "not interested" if I forgot. I have a hectic schedule and often forget things. Not because I'm heartless or wasn't that interested, purely because I get pulled in many directions everyday, with work as well as personal things. So please don't paint me such as you have. Anyway, that's my update.
 kindirishman

Ever forget that you had a date one evening??
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:13:31 PM
Thanks guys, I feel ashamed enough as it is :( But I have rectified the situation, told her what happened, and she laughed about it. Cos she knows the horrible work schedule I have and totally understood. We made the date for breakfast instead. What a schmuck I am!! lol

Show ALL Forums