Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: he says he wants more, but doesnt show it?
 Dreaminginpublic
Msg: 25 (view)

he says he wants more, but doesnt show it?
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:04:06 PM
sounds like you are ditching him. GOOD. Never let a guy guilt trip you into sleeping with him. People should have sex because they both feel good about one another. I've also had girls play the "say one thing and do another" game with me. I know how frustrating that is. hon. good on you for ditching him.
 Dreaminginpublic
Msg: 261 (view)

Why does the guy always have to initiate the date and relationship? or at least most of the time?
Posted: 7/15/2012 9:48:05 PM
Not ALL MEN are like that. Everyone goes about gender roles a bit differently. I for one LOVE it when a woman makes a move, or at least shows me enough interest that I feel Comfortable making a move.
 Dreaminginpublic
Msg: 277 (view)

Never been married, no kids. Is this a red flag?
Posted: 7/15/2012 9:35:13 PM
I'm 27. I'm not 45 mind you. And to be honest.. I've never been in a very long term relationship. Reason is is because I am Extremely sensitive. for one I am shy and have extreme anxiety when trying to make my move on a girl and I wind up coming across too edgy. This block is hard to push through. When I break up with someone I've been with, It takes a long time to recover from it, sometimes years before i try to get out of my shell again. I was in a relationship with a girl for 6 months. and she cheated on me... I just flat out dumped her then and there.

Keep in mind. I would LOVE to be in a relationship and have children. I get extremely lonly sometimes. Some girl will be really lucky because when I find her I'll cherish her and make it work. As long as she doesn't cheat on me..
 Dreaminginpublic
Msg: 177 (view)

What have you learned from your failed relationships?
Posted: 7/11/2012 8:30:34 AM
What I learned: Some women can be far worse deceptive Liars than some of the men they complain about.

Next Time I date a girl who is texting her other guy friend instead of talking to me, after I listened to her and gave her my undivided attention: LEAVE.

If she stands me up on one date: LEAVE

If she's dating 10 other guys at the same time: Leave.

If she tells me a story that she totally used some guy and hooked up with his friend instead: LEAVE.
 Dreaminginpublic
Msg: 256 (view)

Why does the guy always have to initiate the date and relationship? or at least most of the time?
Posted: 7/11/2012 7:50:49 AM
One woman here said, "If a man can't make the move on a woman how is he ever going to ask for a raise or talk to their boss?"

Well. I disagree. I have a hard time initiating things with a woman. But for some reason I find it easier To ask a boss for a raise. I'm now in a full time position because of my confidence to move up with the company.

Women are totally different. The anxiety that men feel before making a first move with a woman is a lot different than the nervousness we would feel for asking for a raise etc. It's just different.

Me personally I have been blessed a few times to meet some women who were more forward with me. They are great. Unfortunately most of those women were just players.
 ranma187
Msg: 18 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:12:50 PM
Updated again. please give me tips. i like what I have so far... so what can I do to build on it?
 ranma187
Msg: 3 (view)

lol read mine
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:32:27 AM
wow Your profile is worse than mine!

you might wanna add:

* I know the difference between a fine kilo of pure Columbian yay and a shopping bag full of icing sugar. So, Don't double cross me like my last 4 husbands did.
 ranma187
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile review
Posted: 2/6/2009 10:29:24 PM
Ok you state sense of humor Twice without telling a joke. you need to fix the headline. maybe "x job by day, wanna UFC champion by night."
Maybe throw a lightly sarcastic joke in the profile. my profile is filled with them. But don't go over the top like i do . my profile i designed to repel women :-)

keep in mind spelling and puncuation.

you don't need 3 face pictures. have 1 face picture. a picture with friends male or female. find a photo of you hanging with your hot cousin and post it. it may give women a sense you're not completely anti social. add a picture of a hobby you enjoy. and also maybe a picture of you with a pet.

on to your text.

Well I don't have a hobbie, but I do like to hang out and I enjoy a good conversation. That's why I'm here, to look for someone to talk/email and then maybe go for coffee with. My goal is to finish college, then to land the perfect job. that's all the goals I can handle right now, I don't want to plan that far down the road and not give myself some flexbility for the things life throws at me.

You say you have no hobby but you list several things in your interests. Desbribe your interests. don't just list them. Use stories and visual imagery to emphasize what you like about those things. you state your goals with not much passion. Describe what your ideal job is, no matter how silly. don't be too bogged down by reality. have some imagination.

To emphasize what i mean describing your hobbies. or things about you. with storytelling, visual imagey, and a sense of humor. here's an example from my profile.

* I spend late spring and summer afternoons in an isolated park practicing an exhausting kung-fu form I learned from a cheezy "Do It Yourself" DVD. I may not win a fight with the jock who grabs your butt. But I could sure teach your kid sister a lesson the next time she "Borrows" your party outfit.

* Since I'm not rich enough to travel yet, My alternative is Lucid dreaming. When you can control your dreams you can fly over crystal blue oceans and have dolphins fly with you. Or, you can slice up Freddy Kreuger with a chainsaw. Although, my best was Helping Captain Janeway from Star Trek fight the Borg In the Delta Quadrant.

* I'm short (physical height wise you perv). But I make a great chin rest while slow dancing.

not the best examples. but they at least convey that I have a personality.
 ranma187
Msg: 16 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 2/6/2009 9:34:10 PM
Well guess what guys! after all these years I've taken your advice and updated my profile for the better. My profile is even more repulsive than it was before. feel free to rate and comment!
 ranma187
Msg: 15 (view)

Talking to employees but not getting responces
Posted: 2/3/2009 10:16:16 PM

do yourself a favor and don't try and date women at work...business with pleasure is not a good mix hun

exactly. Don't dip your pen in the company ink. Think of what will happen if you start dating a co-worker and it turns sour. Think of how tough it would be on your job and level of stress to see that person on every work day.
 ranma187
Msg: 2 (view)

Define drama
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:45:22 PM
Well, being a guy who hates drama. To me it is someone who think's their life is a continuos episode of "all my children", or something equally dreafull.

The kind of girl that think's you don't like her just because you don't respond to every MSN IM she sends you. or constantly talks about "how she was hurt in the past". etc.

these people reak of neediness. and repel any attraction whatsoever. I have had to end the odd relationship because of this. I like my life to be peacefull, fun, flirty, and exciting with good feelings. I have no place for drama PERIOD.
 ranma187
Msg: 8 (view)

Talking to employees but not getting responces
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:21:32 PM
ever hear the phrase "don't dip you pen in the company ink"?
 ranma187
Msg: 32 (view)

Are men uncomfotable when a woman doesn't shave her ARMPITS?
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:12:33 PM
Well it doesn't really bother me. But, then again I usually don't give oral sex to armpits.
 ranma187

RATE! or die!
Posted: 2/23/2008 6:12:09 PM
ok I drastically altered my profile and my attitude!
 ranma187
Msg: 16 (view)

Good Convo Topics
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:08:13 PM
talk about how dating has become too cliche!
 ranma187
Msg: 14 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:45:11 AM
You guys take shit way to serious. i mean if i were to give away all info about myself it would ruin the mystery!
 ranma187
Msg: 13 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:44:19 PM
i even changed some details!
 ranma187
Msg: 12 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:05:58 PM
Anyway can we please get back do how ridiculously sexy my profile is???
 ranma187
Msg: 22 (view)

rate mine pls!
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:32:34 PM
what did i say in the the other thread. they are too smart for us. they are so BAD! I can't talk to them!
 ranma187

rate mine pls!
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:21:08 PM
Ha i stole your coprighted magic carpet!
 ranma187
Msg: 12 (view)

Taking my turn
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:18:41 PM
Edit: i mean calling you a lion isn't bad. 'causeat least you're not a "cougar"i definately find that lions are way more exotic creatures than "cougars"

RESPECT!
 ranma187
Msg: 11 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:16:16 PM
Dude this chick is smarter than us? this is bad. we can't talk to her! she's too smart.
 ranma187
Msg: 8 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/30/2006 3:01:34 PM
you my be smarter than me. but i would like to add to youre sense of humor thing. that intelligence will also****lock you. cause you gotta have like the collective IQ of an orange to attract the womens. (at least that's what i see in my everyday life)
 ranma187
Msg: 11 (view)

Taking my turn
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:58:32 PM
you're SOOO right about the lion king thing. i almost fell outta my chair laighing. anyway you're profile isn't bad. just look at my profile for an example!
 ranma187
Msg: 7 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:50:10 PM
i find it cool you'd like to compare yourself saying that i copied you (which i didn't). first off i NEVER EVER wank before going on a date EVER. at least don't wank 2 days before a date.
WHY? you want that loaded gun hot and ready to push and drive you towards your goal. that might also be the source of your laziness. Josef Stalin also used this technique to give himself an edge while he was an evil dictator.

But i gotta admit. you're good i should be PAYING you a $100 for you're advice. You're profile is apealing in a Ted Bundy sort of way. after all his trial courtroom was filled with women who we're giving him love letters and mairage proposals (no joke).but anyway i'm now copyrighting my profile.
 ranma187
Msg: 6 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:14:51 PM
the same reason why drug dealers don't smoke their own profit. Well, the smart ones anyway. in my bussiness you always wanna keep the pimp hand strong when they beg for me.

and yeah i wouldn't mind a few more rates from the women. i can take abuse Believe me. the thing about women on this site is that they sign upfor dating. they send me a message and i respond.. and then they don't write back. i mean if they are so desperate they sign up for plenty of f fing fish dotcom. i mean, HURRY UP SLOW POKES!

BTW martin i don't need luck. I'm GOOD
 ranma187
Msg: 5 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:41 PM
Done and Done! I start going to a workshop saturday. You're rightabout this site. the women on here are frickin hostile.

any more rates?
 ranma187
Msg: 4 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:00:26 PM
nice comeback buddy! yeah,it seems people have their sense of humor surgically removed these days!
 ranma187
Msg: 1 (view)

RATE! or die!
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:43:14 PM
kidding. ut yeah, rate me profile!!!

Show ALL Forums