Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: desperate?
 monty0791
Msg: 7 (view)

desperate?
Posted: 6/29/2009 12:21:18 PM
I'm not desperate by any means but I personly don't want to get to know someone in emails.I spent too many times talking to someone in emails for days and weeks and start thinking there are a nice person.Then we talk on the phone for the first time and they talk completely different from there emails.If someone won't talk on the phone fairly quickly I feel like there hiding something.
An example I a girl emailed me and we emailed back and forth for few days and she sounded like a very nice girl.I talked to her on the phone the first time and she was very ****y and bossy sounding.Needless to say I wasn't impressed on bit.
People can take as much time as they want to think what they are going to write in a email.I rather have the raw thoughts come out there mouth to make my decision.
 monty0791

Is wanting money really a bad thing?
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:54:18 PM
I don't expect a woman to buy me anyhting.I'm looking for someone to share my life with not a benafactor.
 monty0791
Msg: 17 (view)

Yet another question...
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:46:55 PM
Money means nothing when you first start dating to me.I don't plan on moving someone in right away or getting married over night.So what they do for a living or what they have doesn't matter much.By the time I'm ready to get very serious things can change alot for the good or bad.As long as she has a car and can afford gas is all that matters at first.
 monty0791
Msg: 3 (view)

Is wanting money really a bad thing?
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:39:44 PM
I later learned my ex wife only married me for money and what I had and tried sucking me dry.I am more cautious now than I was before and learned from my mistakes.When I care for someone I tend to do what i can to be sweet including buying them nice things.As soon as someone is interested in what Imake or what I have "Red Flags" go up.I rather have someone like me for me and not what I make.
 monty0791
Msg: 46 (view)

Would You Date a Women with 6 children?
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:27:45 PM
Six children would probably be to much for me to handle.I'm not trying to be mean its that I don't think I have what it takes to help with that many.
 monty0791
Msg: 5 (view)

Question on how to tell your date...
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:26:06 PM
I'm not so petty to judge a woman negativly because she orders from the kids menu.
 monty0791
Msg: 15 (view)

Does This Happen to Anyone Else?
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:10:57 AM
Personally I enjoy the forums.I don't really look at the profiles that much anymore gets boring.Even if I meet the right one I'll still use the forums,I'll just remove my pictures and text from my profile so i can still just post here.
 monty0791
Msg: 8 (view)

Do you think that you're pickier on the net than in everyday life?
Posted: 6/28/2009 9:08:08 AM
I joined hoping to meet someone out of the area I live in or hang out.I will say I do meet better quality women in person than on here. Since I live in a small town I don't like the small town b.s. that goes along with meeting a girl near here.
 monty0791

How does a woman keep her class but attract a man on a dating site.
Posted: 6/27/2009 11:37:56 PM
I say be yourself.Only present your self in a way that shows what you want or looking for.I look at the whole package;pictures,stats and what you write.I rather have a acurate look of a peron so I know if she might be write for me.
 monty0791
Msg: 76 (view)

For those that have been married before - would you do it again?
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:28:51 PM
Still on the fence about it.I won't say yes and I won't say no.Only time will tell.I guess it depends on who I ever meet and how I feel at that time.
 monty0791
Msg: 12 (view)

Why is our ability to cook/clean so important to men?
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:06:52 PM
I guess if the man is the only one working all day and bringing in all the money.Then the wife stays home all day.Its her job to cook and clean. If both are working equal parts then the house work should be done in equal parts.If the woman works and the man dont its his job to take care of the house.
 monty0791

Why is our ability to cook/clean so important to men?
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:01:15 PM
Cleaning is not a big deal as long as my partner is willing to split chores.Somethings I prefer to do myself.

Cooking I can cook but only a handful of things and I cook like a guy.I really don't like to cook at all and I'm limited on my skills.It would be nice to find a good women to cook 70% of the time.I'm a very compromising person when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Everything can be worked out among to two grown adults willing to make a comprimise about chores.
 monty0791
Msg: 25 (view)

Do you hold back in forums to improve your profile?
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:40:36 PM
No I say what I think.If someone doesn't like my views in the forums I guess it saves someones and my time.
 monty0791
Msg: 10 (view)

Do men really like tatoos on women (lots of them or 1 or 2?)
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:34:09 PM
I really think there sexy on women but, depends what,where and how big they are.
 monty0791

Dateing at 35
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:24:06 PM
You need to keep in mind meeting someone over night rarely ever happens.It might take a few months or years.Try to hard and it will blow up in your face.Take it in stride and just live your life.
 monty0791
Msg: 4 (view)

Advice
Posted: 6/26/2009 4:18:27 PM
Patients is key to all relationships.A good mother will take things slowly at first with someone new.If you really like her take your time and be patient.
 monty0791
Msg: 6 (view)

Can Anyone Relate to Dating a Woman who is Bi-Polar?
Posted: 6/26/2009 3:50:20 PM
I know exactly what you mean.Your realtionship sounds like my last one. It really wears you out fast and takes a lot out of you.I feel for anyone that gets involved with anyone like this.
 monty0791

Lower Standards For Free Dating Sites?
Posted: 6/26/2009 3:46:00 PM
I have been on a few pay sites before I found this one.I have met more nicer people here.The funny thing is a lot of the same people are on here as the other sites.I wouldn't recommend the pay sites.Especially the amount of other I reconize from other sites on here.

The number one thing that hurts dating sites,is people recently out of a bad relationship.People need to wait and cool down a few month a few years before dating again.I was even guilty of it at some point.I wasn't ready to date again a year ago took sometime to realize that.There are going to be a few game player or bad people on a site like this.All in all most of us are good people that have been burned pretty bad at some point.Sometimes that interfers with meeting others.
 monty0791
Msg: 15 (view)

You know you're getting old when ...
Posted: 6/26/2009 10:40:29 AM
I have dated a girl that I was the same age as their step dad.
 monty0791
Msg: 2 (view)

what to say..
Posted: 6/25/2009 11:23:22 PM
Personally I really dislike emails or texting.If someone doesn't wanna talk right away on the phone probably a waste of time for me.I can email for weeks on end and spend 5 min on the phone and not like someone.Then on my end I'm just terrible at composing an email.How I sound in a email and how I talk in person is completely different. My opinion is shit or get off the pot.If your going to talk to someone do it right away to save lots of time and possible aggrivation.
 monty0791
Msg: 60 (view)

10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/25/2009 10:02:02 AM
Men and women lie equally it seems.I have told a few of my close female friends about this site and they have the same complaints as I do.It seems most put up old pictures and weight is the biggest lie.Then ages seems to follow.In my past realationship i was lied to extensively so you can say I'll be slightly scared by that.I don't care how cute or nice someone is if I catch them in a lie right away there gone.I can deal with inperfection because I'm realistic.I feel like a very flexable person just be honest.The only major turn offs I have are liars, posesive/controling/****y women and sorry anyone that is grossly over weight.I really have no prefference after that hair color, height,eyes,kids,10 years younger,10 years older, I guess if someone is nice I probably give them a chance.Just dont lie is all I ask.
 monty0791
Msg: 14 (view)

The One?
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:48:59 AM
Only a girl with patients will think I'm the one.I'm not very good with first impressions. I can't type a email or profile to save my life.I think I rewrite my profile once a day and I still think it sucks lol. In the end I'm perfectly inperfect.
 monty0791
Msg: 6 (view)

Is trust dead?
Posted: 6/25/2009 12:08:57 AM
Its not just the ladies.I been burned pretty bad a few times.I try to give everyone new a chance.Its always in the back of your mind.
 monty0791

bi-curious
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:32:10 PM
Bi women are worthless.Sorry pick a side and stay with it.Gay /Straight I don't care just pick one and stay there.I have known quite a few and all have the same issues and problems.I just wanna straight girl in my life.
 monty0791
Msg: 27 (view)

GF kissed another guy... what do i do?
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:28:09 PM
Dump her ass..... quick.Shes worthless and will do it again and again.
 monty0791
Msg: 13 (view)

Deal Breaker?
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:26:09 PM
1)Liars/Cheaters-been through to much with this so zero tolerence
2)Cleanliness -Bad oder major turn off
3)God complex-sorry no one knows that much about everything
4)Fat-I like curves and someone with a little extra cusion is more than fine but no one big as they are tall.
5)My personal finance and job is no ones business unless I'm in a serious realtionship.

In short this is dating not jumping into a relationship.I'm looking to have fun meet someone cool.If your self involved and super judgmental you will not like me and if you are I wont like you.I really dont have many rules or gidelines I shouldnt have too its just dating.Its mostly attitude with me.Personality means everything to me and ****iness and attitude dont fly.I also dont believe in sparks flying or love at first site on a first date.Feelings and love take time and doesnt happen in a few phone calls and a meeting .Thats why I'm friends first and take my time.
 monty0791

I am getting used to being SINGLE, which scares hell out of me.
Posted: 6/23/2009 10:05:49 PM
I have also got quite comfortable being single now.I still get lonely once in a while but I wont just date someone to have someone.I doubt dating sites are good places to meet people, but I do enjoy the forums here.I'm pretty sure I'll just run into someone one day when I'm not looking and bam it will happen.I find a lot (not all ) women have to many issues on dating sites or looking for a meal ticket.So until I find someone thats just easy going and cool ,I will stay happily single.I don't believe in miss right/perfect exist but miss realistic does.
 monty0791
Msg: 1243 (view)

so, why are you still single?
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:55:45 PM
Honestly I really don't know how dating works these days seems so different than 12 years ago.I also get nervous when I first meet some one and usually talk to much and make myself look dumb.I don't really make a good first impression.Anyone I ever dated for a long time gave me a chance at a second dated.Usually went well from there. Most people wanna see fireworks and sparks the first night.I guess in my mind thats not realistic.A first date is like a job interview at first.Its not usually very comfortable and don't know what to expect.I don't really chase anymore.Seems so many women are pissed off from being pestered by so many men at a time.So I let them find me.I have enough friends and hobbies to keep me busy till the right girl for me comes by.
 monty0791
Msg: 82 (view)

are looks everything
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:22:13 PM
Looks aren't everything , but on a dating site that's all your going to be judged on till a date. Then your personality gets put to the test.Were all guilty of just skimming pics on here. When you meet in person you can usually spot B.S. right away, but on a dating site people can type all they want and it means nothing.Most of its is probably B.S. anyway. I don't really use the site much anymore because I'm better at meeting people in person. I'm no George Clooney and I'm terrible at typing my thoughts out.I pretty much come back here to read the forums they are pretty entertaining.
 monty0791

How soon is too soon?
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:06:40 AM
Everyone needs time afterwords.I made my mistakes at first too, trying to jump into another relationship to quickly.Only you know when the time is right.Once you realize you don't need someone in your life but ,would like to have someone in your life is when you can start deciding what to do.I think your handling very well with the just friends part.I would redo and specify your situation better in your profile.Most guys don't read it so be ready to block a lot of people at first.Divorce can be very tough on some of us and not sure if you ever fully heal from it.
 monty0791

Going Without
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:50:44 PM
Honestly its been a while but, its no big deal.My sex drive isn't as high as it used to be. It means more to me know to connect with someone than just get laid.I guess next relationship I get into, I rather wait till the sexual tension gets so thick you could cut it with a knife.
 monty0791
Msg: 20 (view)

what men should do and shouldn't do while dating,a woman.
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:09:07 PM
This very self absorbed post focusing on no one else s needs but your own.I wont go down the list but i will make a few points.Dating is dating and nothing more.Until I'm in a relationship I can date as many people as i want.Its just dating.if you have to change someone to be the way you want them to be then they are not the one.People can compromise for each other (making extra time for each other,splitting chores or putting down the toilet seat), but you cant change ones personality.Like you point out blow off ones friends.Hell no.My friends are my friends and i will not ignore any of them.Especially if I'm just "Dating" someone.Dating means nothing at first and means no obligation of any kind. Finally in today's economy maybe you will have to take a guy out and spend some money on him.I'm a home owner that does it all on my own, I'll never be able to afford another super nice date again.Its either something very simple or a movie at my place. If someone thinks that is cheap sorry then maybe I'm not the right guy then.
 monty0791

I think it is rude to.
Posted: 5/7/2009 3:10:56 PM
That's a crappy way to deal with things.It was her preference if she wasn't attracted for some reason and that's ok.At least have the decency to say it to the person your talking to/ dating. Any man or woman that cant end a situation like an adult really isn't mature enough to date no matter what the age.
 monty0791
Msg: 9 (view)

Odd Man Out
Posted: 5/7/2009 3:04:05 PM
I personally would like to hear" I'm not interested " or" Not a good match".As long as the person is polite about it there should be no issues.Then at least I know, and will not waste anymore of this persons time. Anything else to me can be considered "Playing a game" with someone.
 monty0791
Msg: 25 (view)

Total...
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:12:06 PM
I'm brutality honest because I lack that filter on my mouth that tells me hey maybe I shouldn't say that. I think it after it was said.So I just say what i think.What ever pops in my head comes out of my mouth.That's brutally honest in my thinking.You can be brutally honest and not be mean.
 monty0791

OMG!!!
Posted: 5/3/2009 6:44:49 PM
Red flag just went up.She has issues and may not be ready for a relationship.As much as you like to meet someone.Ask your self first is she right for me too?Before you proceed exercise patients and wait for the right one and don't settle for the wrong one.No ones perfect but there is such a thing as a terrible match.
 monty0791
Msg: 56 (view)

a guy not being able to get off
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:48:28 PM
Personally now that I'm more mature.Its hard for me to get off until I'm completely comfortable.Even after that sometimes I can't.Sometimes it stress or I'm real tired.It doesn't bother me a whole lot.It bothers me if I can't get her off more.
 monty0791
Msg: 11 (view)

Do we go into[/quote] , knowing that it will end?
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:50:22 PM
Personally I don't like many peoples approaches to relationships in this era of dating. I hate short term dating and if I cant see my self with someone for the long term I wont drag it out and hurt someone.I believe marriage is supposed to be forever.I guess if you go into a marriage thinking "If he/she does this I'll divorce him/her."Then you shouldn't get married plain and simple.People screw up make mistakes and we all do wrong in a long term relationship at some point.No matter what if it was my choice i would stay forever.You have to be forgiving and move on sometimes it takes years to fix.Today's attitude is if it cant be fixed over night why fix it?Love and romance are two different things and most people don't realize that.
 monty0791

If you're happy why do you keep looking at profiles?
Posted: 5/1/2009 10:29:29 AM
Until I'm officially in a relationship I will still keep my options open.I might still log on to read the forums.
 monty0791

30 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl
Posted: 4/30/2009 10:03:51 PM
My parents are twelve years apart.My mom was 17 when she met my dad he was 29 they got married when she was 18 and he was 30.They have had they rough times in marriage as many do.To this day they are still married.It doesn't work for everyone but It does and can work.Just depends on the two in the relationship.
 monty0791
Msg: 30 (view)

does consistant lateness flag personality problems?
Posted: 4/30/2009 1:54:49 PM
Well for me I follow there rules...

1)If its real important I am on time or early

2)If its a party or meeting friends at a bar I hate being the first one there so I'm always an hour late.

3)Dates or meeting a girlfriend i try to be on time but..... sometimes i get lost finding new places or it takes me longer to get ready than i thought it would.Not trying to be an ass just bad judgment.
 monty0791
Msg: 13 (view)

Taking it sl-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w-w-w...
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:59:08 PM
Taking things slow to me means waiting for sex.Which i don't have a problem with at all.I'm not here for a booty call.Once i start talking to someone if things don't progress towards dating/ relationship I give up quick.I want to meet someone right away and see if we click and jump into things.Waiting around and drawing out a meeting for weeks and months is a waste of time.I wanna know if were going to like each other right away or not.I guess to me its always applied and worked out that way is the two week rule.If you don't start seeing each other and kinda dating in two weeks from you meet or talk nothing is going to happen. Or your just a friend forever.Women are a kid in a candy store on this site and others like it. So usually taking it slow means" I have lot of options right now and i want to try a lot of them out." A woman like that is no better than the guy looking for just sex in my opinion.
 monty0791
Msg: 9 (view)

What do you expect him or her to be by the age of 30.
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:48:02 PM
I don't want someone to like me for my house or my cars that's materialistic.I wont even bring it up on a first date.I rather have someone believe I have nothing and like me for me. Instead of taking measurement for where there stuff is going to fit.
 monty0791
Msg: 44 (view)

Are you getting tired on Internet Dating too?
Posted: 4/29/2009 9:21:10 PM
I don't send many emails out.I'll send a few if someone catches my eye.Besides that women get pestered so much if you really likes me I'll here from her in some form.After trying a few sites this one is my last try.If it don't work I wont waste to much time on it.I'll wait till someone special comes bye in real life.
 monty0791
Msg: 24 (view)

ever think about giving up and just be happy and single?
Posted: 4/29/2009 8:41:20 PM
I don't think you are ready to date anyone till you realize you don't need anyone.When me and my ex wife separated I had this need to have someone and it almost didn't matter who it was.If I would of met someone back then it never would of worked out.Time moved on , I moved on.One day I realized I really don't need anyone.I like having my own place and living alone at the moment.I'm not ready to just move someone in right away.I'm at the point that i would like to meet someone now.I'll wait till the right person comes along before I do anything.Until then I have my friends and I do have a lot of fun.Its just about patients.
 monty0791
Msg: 499 (view)

The 3 Day Rule
Posted: 4/29/2009 8:22:23 PM
Dating rules are for game players.I don't play games.I don't make people wait or wonder. If I like someone I call them.If I'm interested its pretty obvious.Its hard for me to find someone that I really like or really interested in.When I do I usually fall for that person pretty fast.Its in the sign of a Taurus to be that way.I really hope anyone I meet whether they like me or not shows me the respect and not play games with me either.
 monty0791
Msg: 81 (view)

Men who refuse to date women thier own age an older.why?
Posted: 4/29/2009 5:30:41 PM
Its not about the sex for me.Its about getting along and having something in common with someone.i wanna be around someone that we can enjoy doing stuff and going places together.loom at my stats.

1)I'm 31
2)I'm in a scion car club (older women would call it Fast and the Furious)
3)I don't really watch tv when i do its family guy,athf, and stuff like that
4)I play video games still
5) I'm very spontaneous and i head out on a trip for a car show in ohio at a moments notice with a tent and money for gas(i love adventure)

Only a younger girl or someone my age without kids are going to be able to keep up with me.Someone 35 or older are going to tell me to grow up and stay home.Sex is nice but honestly random hook ups just don't do it for me.I don't care how sexy someone is if i don't have feelings for them I cant enjoy sex.My preferences are based what i like to do for fun.
 monty0791
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2009 4:31:39 PM
I don't know.There is a woman on this site that lives right around the corner from me.Shes a year older if i remember correctly ,we met on another site.In our first phone conversation she had the attitude that my car club would have to go.My car club is something I'm passionate about and has been a very good influence on me good friends good times.Its not all just shows and having fun we do charity too.May 10th is the walk for breast cancer and a few of us including me are going to do it.Its a Scion car club and since I'm 30 most women look down on that at my age.I also wont date someone that hates it either.Older women seem to be to judgmental when it comes to a guys hobbies.I maybe 30 but I'm not ready to be 50 yet.
 monty0791
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2009 4:02:33 PM
Me personally I'm open to women 20-36.I highly doubt anyone close to my age will date me.Men and women mature at different levels.I do what I need to do as far as responsibilities are concerned but I like to go out and have fun still.Most my friends are 18-25 on the average .Its just the average age of car club I'm in with a few of us older members. I live alone and have no children so why not go out and have fun and act like I'm 21 again from time to time.I'm attracted to a lot of women my age most of them want me to change over night give up on my life's interests to raise there kids.I'm not against dating single mothers but I'm not going to stop being me either.I may be almost 31 but mentally I'm still in my mid twenties.
 monty0791

Why can't people be honest on the first date?
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:41:49 PM
I have become brutally honest since my ex wife.I'm not proud of it but my ex lied her ass off to me and after a while I'll followed her in her game.After we split i swore I would not be dragged into that game again.I'm very open and honest now and it usually works against me but I'm sticking by my beliefs.I am not perfect by any mean and i have done my share of stupid stuff in my life like everybody has.I'll just admit to it its my life good and the bad and if someone cant handle it then i rather learn that right away.I'm more open minded to people I meet and give chances .yes I'm divorced some people cant handle that it don't bother me. Its fine.I guess i hate to meet someone that could be great for me and don't give them a chance because I judged them to soon.At my age we all ****ed up at some point and none of us are perfect.

Show ALL Forums