Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Christmas present, Christmas past.
 betterdays0429
Msg: 21 (view)

Christmas present, Christmas past.
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:56:24 AM
Although I won't be home for christmas, I decorated...we all need the visual reminders of the past and present around us, Even if its just going through the motions, there are memories that are evoked when we see and touch those things that brought us pleasure in the past.

I started something a few years ago that helps me-I put up the tree for Halloween, changing the lights and decorations for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Start a new tradition and do it for yourself...and make some new memories you can share with others...
 betterdays0429
Msg: 22 (view)

friend afraid of her age
Posted: 12/18/2009 1:58:49 PM
Wow, that's alot of baggage to deal with all at one time...

Most of the fears she has are common to us all in one shape or form. I can't give advice because it's different things to different people...

Tell her to stop and BREATHE...
Take baby steps, nobody said any problem had to be solved all in one shot...
Try to find something in herself that makes her feel good...use that as a touchstone to help deal with everything else.

Nine times out of ten we all find the problem and the solution were in the same place---within ourselves!
 betterdays0429
Msg: 14 (view)

Why are a man's shoes so important?
Posted: 12/16/2009 6:15:56 AM
lol, men's SHOES are important???? When did that happen?????

It's like anything else, if it's your standard, you tend to impose that on others.
Sooooo, I'd say the ladies you have been meeting take pride in their appearance AND their shoes and they expect you to do so in kind.

So it's either change your shoes and be OK meeting the same kind of woman or change the type of woman and keep your shoes the way they are. Oh, there's always the beach-no standard for shoes there!

Personally, as long as the person has the inner qualities you want...the rest is just details.
 betterdays0429
Msg: 24 (view)

No dates til after Christmas ... WTF?
Posted: 12/16/2009 4:37:54 AM
Lol, since when does anything about men and women make any sense?

I'm actually surprised you got any excuse, even if it's a lame one in your opinion. I'd even go so far to say the fact you got a direct response at all says something about the character of the man...it's much easier simply to avoid conflict, say you're busy with family stuff or out of town until then.

Christmas imposes unseen obligations, it's like any celebration like weddings or a birthday party...it's best to meet for the first time without any added pressure. He may not have put it elegantly enough, but he did give you a reasonable response in my opinion. Just because you don't find it palatable, does not make it any less valid.

The reality for me is I won't be here for the holidays, so I havee been running around the month of December trying to see all the friends and relatives before I go so (so much easier when they are all together for a party). I haven't been available to go out and give my full attention to someone new. I'm sure that's sounded like a lame excuse to the men, too.
 betterdays0429
Msg: 43 (view)

I love large breasts, am I wrong for asking?
Posted: 12/15/2009 12:13:35 PM
Is it wrong? It's your profile, only you can decide that. You like what you like, and there's nothing wrong with going after it.

It's the method you use that will make the difference. If you put it out there in a very blunt way, will it have an effect on your number of responses?---judging by the other posts, I'd say a resounding yeah from the ladies. You may want to listen to them, after all, they are your target audience.

Asking for a full body shot isn't out of the norm, nor is wanting a cam-to-cam conversation prior to actually going out on a date. (How many of us have gone on a date and recieved the the "Oops, it's an old photo" explination from someone who looks nothing like the picture in their profile). BTW I find having a full body shot posted saves SO much time on both sides...
 betterdays0429
Msg: 75 (view)

What was I thinking?
Posted: 12/13/2009 5:44:37 PM
I remember getting a call at three in the morning and a voice telling me that the first snow of the year had fallen and it was time to go skitching (it's like tubing on the water, only you do it with a vehicle in the snow).
We spent hours on the early morning roads with me doing my best to lose the passengers on the curves...lmao as I watched them tumble end over end into the snowbanks from my rear view mirror after a particularly sharp turn. They were 20something male friends and I was in my 30's...it could have gone SO wrong ...as they were indestructible at that age it turned out OK, lol.
 betterdays0429
Msg: 193 (view)

Sensuality in your 50's.....
Posted: 12/13/2009 12:34:55 PM
As an sculptor who is very much into the visual, sensory and sensual, I can tell you that sensuality gets better the more you exercise it...you become "tuned" to i t and learn to minimize those things that interfere with your enjoyment so you can focus more fully. It can benefit a partner certainly, but it enhances your everyday life in so many ways. Think about that first appreciate sniff of your coffee...the "ah" when you sink down in a hot tub...the feel of a soft fabric whispering across your skin...these are all sensual experiences of the everyday.

Think of it as just as much a sense as taste or sight, it's the level of importance you give it.
 betterdays0429
Msg: 3 (view)

Do women really like sports?
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:13:00 AM
I was raised with all brothers---I grew up playing sports as a child (we were our own team, lol) and I still enjoy watching sports games. GO BEARS! I also still like the outdoor activities I enjoyed sharing with my family. The only difference is I require modern conveniences (a hot shower and bathroom) a little closer than I did when I was younger...
 betterdays0429
Msg: 19 (view)

Online Dating v Traditional Methods of Dating
Posted: 11/11/2009 7:19:58 AM
The main difference between the two is HOW you meet...the rest of it is basically the same.

In traditional dating you pick someone based on your reaction to their appearance. You need to spend time together and TALK, to discover who the other person is by discussing common interests, previous history, current status, family and the rest of it during activities. This is a long process and the physical attraction tends to make it longer unless you are a trained interrogator, lol.

Internet dating is different from traditional dating in the fact that you have the opportunity to know substantial background about the person before you meet them by using profiles, IM's and the phone---sort of like a blind date you set up yourself. Going only by looks is hit or miss, so hopefully you've read the profile after looking at the pictures and have some things in common before making the connection. It works best if both parties have been honest about themselves. The assumption is if you are serious about finding someone, why would you lie? Once you meet, it's only a matter of time before the truth comes out...

I'm recently divorced after many years and most of my inner circle are married. I'm a non-smoker/non-drinker so I don't go to bars or clubs (unless there's a good live band). That makes the internet a good additional way to meet people. I will say I have found meeting quickly after establishing background works best for me. There is no substutute for face-to-face time.

Show ALL Forums